PDA

View Full Version : Low Level Goliath - Fling Enemy.

JJ-Q
2012-10-02, 04:49 PM
Hello. Races of stone is one of the few expansion books I own, and I love the idea of throwing the rogue behind enemy lines, or one monster into another, ideally making them prone or on the ground so the rest of the party can slaughter them.

So Priorities.

Is it a good idea?
Gets accepted by DM who may not be open to me using endless splatbooks/articles.
Throw people!
Works low levels. Starting at level.
Fullfills party role well. Defender [Grappler], with a touch of zone control.

I also like the fact that the Goliath Greathammer sunders well, but I wonder if I'd actually want to destroy the pretty weapon we could loot :S

So I'm hoping that Ill be able to convince my DM that when I take Rock Hurling and Fling Enemy I won't need Fling Ally. So All I need is 19 str and 2 feats. I can do this by taking a level of fighter and do it by level 3, but is there a more fun way to get the feats super quick?

I was thinking of going [chaos?] monk at first for improved grapple, but I can get that from Spiritual Totem: Bear.

I take it im going str con, but...

Do i put the rest in dex for jump, tumble, and open lock for a giggle? Int to dip wiz for grapplemancer?
If I go dex, do I pick up a few ranged items? Big lead ball? Javellins? Boomerangs?
What armour? Does weight im carry effect how much I can lift?
After I have these feats, Do I go bullrush? Knockback? If not, what?
Do I go large reach weapon for when i'm not lifting, which one? I wont be tripping obviously.Which 2 handed weapon do I take? Is going sunder route a good Idea?
Cheapish magic items to consider? Low level remember.

Think thats about it. I look forward to your replies :)

Alabenson
2012-10-02, 04:57 PM
I also like the fact that the Goliath Greathammer sunders well, but I wonder if I'd actually want to destroy the pretty weapon we could loot :S

Generally speaking, no, you don't want to destroy your future loot (i.e. the weapon your enemy is currently wielding). This is why sundering is generally viewed as an extremely poor tactical decision overall.