PDA

View Full Version : Please help me chose Prestige class for my first character

Orihime
2012-10-02, 05:35 PM
Hey ppl,

I'm playing DnD over a yeah and it's my first time. I would like some bad ass evil prestige class.

I'm a fighter human and I'm 9th lvl
Alignment: Chaotic evil, Erythnul
HP 85
AC 23

STR 18
DEX 18
CON 17
INT 10
WIS 8
CHA 8

I'm meel two-weapon fighter and I use:
Long sward
Shard sward-magic sward that can talk
Before fighting I true d6 and I can get feat just for that fight:
1. Combat reflexes
2. Blind fighting
3. Improved Initiative
4. Mobility
5. Improved sunder
6. Combat expertise
-Sward can detect low at will
-Speaks common, celestial and abyssal
-Can use Feeble mind spell 2 times per day
-Light spell 3 time per day

I can become Werewolf at will.

Skills ranks:
Clumb 4
Craft Leather working 5
Intimidate 3
Jump 5
Survival 4
Knowledge religion 3
Craft wood 5

Feats:
All that come with fighter class
Weapon focus (long sward)
Weapon Specialization (long sward)
Two weapon fighting
Two weapon defense
Improved Initiative
Improved two weapon fighting
Combat reflexes
Power Attack
Improved sunder

I searched for prestige classes but the biggest problem is my alignment because I can't change it.

Please help ^^

Arcanist
2012-10-02, 05:40 PM
*Snip*

Ask your DM if you can rearrange your feats and skills around and see if you can get Black Blood Hunter from PGtF... Ah... I recall my first character... It was the first time I ever read the players handbook and skinned the Monster Manuel and realized that Wizard's are completely and utterly broken if properly played :smallsmile:

Telonius
2012-10-02, 05:41 PM
What feats do you have already? Becoming a werewolf at will - are you actually a Lycanthrope, or do you get that from some other thing (magic item, houserule)?

Warshaper (from Complete Warrior) comes to mind. "Becoming a werewolf at will" probably means you meet the prerequisites. It gives you a bunch of bonuses for whenever you're in your alternate form (in this case, when you're in werewolf-form). Any alignment character can get into the PrC.

Namfuak
2012-10-02, 05:41 PM
Let's start with question numero uno:

What books are allowed?

Orihime
2012-10-02, 05:59 PM
Ask your DM if you can rearrange your feats and skills around and see if you can get Black Blood Hunter from PGtF... Ah... I recall my first character... It was the first time I ever read the players handbook and skinned the Monster Manuel and realized that Wizard's are completely and utterly broken if properly played :smallsmile:

I can change little my feats and skills.
Sorry I didn't write feats:
All that come with fighter class
Weapon focus (long sward)
Weapon Specialization (long sward)
Two weapon fighting
Two weapon defense
Improved Initiative
Improved two weapon fighting
Combat reflexes
Power Attack
Improved sunder

What feats do you have already? Becoming a werewolf at will - are you actually a Lycanthrope, or do you get that from some other thing (magic item, houserule)?

Warshaper (from Complete Warrior) comes to mind. "Becoming a werewolf at will" probably means you meet the prerequisites. It gives you a bunch of bonuses for whenever you're in your alternate form (in this case, when you're in werewolf-form). Any alignment character can get into the PrC.

Yes I'm Lycanthrope, sorry English is not my first language. Short story, I was baited by Werewolf and I turn into it few time but now I can control. I don't need full moon just take my clothes off an do it.

Let's start with question numero uno:

What books are allowed?

Just all book nothing but books :)

Venusaur
2012-10-02, 07:27 PM
I would second looking at Warshaper in Complete Warrior. Suel Archanamach is good if you would like to add some spells. Kensai is a good choice too. If you take a level in Barbarian, you can get into tons of fun prestige classes like Frenzied Berserker.

Averis Vol
2012-10-02, 07:30 PM
it isn't the best choice, but the ravager from Complete Warrior is Aesthetically pleasing for a follower or Erythnuul. you get pain touch which either does 1d8+1 /level in class on an unarmed attack, or 1d4+1 /level in class added onto your melee attacks a few times a day, you get a fear aura that gives a -2 to saves and can be used a few times a day and it lasts for 3+cha rounds. you also get cruelest cut which deals 1d4 con damage if it hits, also a few times a day. and lastly you get a phantasmal killer effect once a day.

all in all its a nice, flavorful class, with a few good abilities that scream "I just want to hurt you."

Keld Denar
2012-10-02, 07:43 PM
3rding Warshaper from Complete Warrior. Its only 4ish levels long (5 really, but Multimorph doesn't do anything for you). The boons it gives are nearly innumerable. Immunity to crits, Fast Healing, increased reach (more AoOs), and a boost to Str and Con, your 2 primary stats.

You aren't gonna get much better than that. Plus, you already qualify, which is something you can't really say about most other PrCs.

Namfuak
2012-10-02, 08:10 PM
I 4th warshaper, but since you want a badass evil class, Warrior of Darkness from Book of Vile Deeds could work. You need Iron Will and would need to spend some skill points rather interestingly for a few levels, but in terms of flavor it seems like it fits what you are going for without involving becoming a demon thrall or something like that, and with pre-requisites that you can actually fulfill.

Libertad
2012-10-02, 08:35 PM
This Fighter Handbook here's full of good advice for making an effective Fighter. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870606/The_Fighters_Handbook_--_2007)

I'm going with the last few comments with this: I highly recommend the Warshaper.

The easiest way to enter the class would be to gain lycanthropy from a Werewolf. Unfortunately, it imposes a Level Adjustment on you, which will hurt you in the long run.

Here's another option which requires more finesse, but is better long-term:

I'd personally lower your Fighter level by 3 before play starts. Take 1 level of Barbarian, 1 level of Bear Warrior, and 1 level of Warshaper. From then on I'd recommend taking the next 4 levels in Warshaper.

As a Warshaper with all 5 levels, you gain:

immunity to critical hits and stun attacks. This will really increase your survival rate.

Natural weapons (or natural weapons which deal more damage in your Black Bear form).

A +4 permanent Strength and Constitution. They're untyped, meaning that they stack with Rage!

Bonus reach of 5 feet. You can now threaten more opponents and attack foes from two squares away!

Fast Healing 2. You heal 2 hit points every round! This really cuts back on healing resources for the party, especially after combat!

You only gain the natural weapons and immunities on your first level. You'll need to take more levels in Warshaper to get the other benefits.

You can tie it back into your background with Erythnul. By embracing your inner fury and savagery, you touch upon the dark side of nature to enhance your combat prowess.

pilvento
2012-10-06, 11:14 AM
I 5th the warshaper, GO FOR IT!

Grim Reader
2012-10-06, 03:57 PM
If you're going to go Warshaper, its 5 levels long. You may want to take a level of Oriental Adventures Shapershifter after you finish it up. Amazing utility. You'll need to start spending skill points on concentration asap.

Harry
2012-10-06, 07:25 PM
If you can change feats Why don't you go urpiest 2/bone knight nine?

Fluff wise ur priests still the powers of the Gods which is pretty evil and vadass. And Bone knight is warrior/divine prestige class that fights along side the undead.

Crunch wise. IIRC you should get 9th level Divine spells and good BAB, plus a good little host of abilities.