PDA

View Full Version : [OoC] The Unexpecteds

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Prince Zahn
2013-02-17, 01:20 PM
Sorry guys I'm gone for today, I'll be back tomorrow hopefully with more Frandol.

Also I'm terribly sorry for Scrambled and Thurod, getting Frandol to do anything, as well as waiting for him to do it, must be like watching paint dry. :smallbiggrin:

Sorry about that, I just had to.:smalltongue:

Newcomer
2013-02-19, 09:09 PM
I have several questions. 1. How far is Grad from the rest of the group? I want to say it's only about 100 ft... 2. Can we see the rest of the group from where Grad is? 3. Can I cast Message (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/message.htm) if I can't see the targets, but I know where they are? Judging from the spell text, I think I can, but I'm not sure.

I'm planning to move behind a tree near Grad and Message everyone that I'm being pursued, but don't know whether they're hostile.

If I can't message the others, I'm not sure yet whether I should keep running or stop by Grad.

Egneil
2013-02-19, 09:31 PM
I have several questions. 1. How far is Grad from the rest of the group? I want to say it's only about 100 ft... 2. Can we see the rest of the group from where Grad is? 3. Can I cast Message (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/message.htm) if I can't see the targets, but I know where they are? Judging from the spell text, I think I can, but I'm not sure.

I'm planning to move behind a tree near Grad and Message everyone that I'm being pursued, but don't know whether they're hostile.

If I can't message the others, I'm not sure yet whether I should keep running or stop by Grad.

Your currently around 340 feet away from the others so you can't see them from this distance. As for the spell, so long as you know where the target is you can speak with them, provided that there's an open path within the spells range between you two.

Prince Zahn
2013-02-22, 09:15 PM
Um...Hello? Anybody still alive out there?

ScrambledBrains
2013-02-22, 09:29 PM
Um...Hello? Anybody still alive out there?

I'm here, but I was waiting for Newcomer to deal with his getting chased. :smallbiggrin:

Egneil
2013-02-23, 01:46 AM
I'm sorry about the late post, but I'm still here.

Also I'd like to point out that the gnomes needed another run action to catch up to Elestil. So this is the start of a new turn, but I skimmed over the last one to keep everything moving.

Dr.Robotnik
2013-02-23, 10:02 AM
Newcomer, is it too late for Grad and Elestil to try talking to the gnomes? Or is it combat time?

Newcomer
2013-02-23, 10:52 AM
I was waiting for the gnomes/Grad to act.

We can try talking! Elestil's goal was just to get away, but talking may work better. I didn't drop invisibility because i didn't want to lose the advantage, but I'll show myself if they talk peacefully.

Prince Zahn
2013-02-23, 06:40 PM
I was waiting for the gnomes/Grad to act.

We can try talking! Elestil's goal was just to get away, but talking may work better. I didn't drop invisibility because i didn't want to lose the advantage, but I'll show myself if they talk peacefully.

Talking might work, but mind you - one would expect the Unexpecteds to have unexpectedly denied the expectations of the unexpected expecting gnomes, though what unexpectedly may not have been expectable is possibly that the expecting gnomes be the aforementioned Unexpecteds of which we expect to have not expected us, thus unexpectedly leaving us - the Unexpecteds, to be the expected ones.

Savvy?:smalltongue:

ScrambledBrains
2013-02-23, 07:11 PM
Talking might work, but mind you - one would expect the Unexpecteds to have unexpectedly denied the expectations of the unexpected expecting gnomes, though what unexpectedly may not have been expectable is possibly that the expecting gnomes be the aforementioned Unexpecteds of which we expect to have not expected us, thus unexpectedly leaving us - the Unexpecteds, to be the expected ones.

Savvy?:smalltongue:

...Ow, my head hurts. :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Robotnik
2013-02-25, 07:28 PM
Sorry it took me so long to post, I just couldn't think of anything to say.

Prince Zahn
2013-02-26, 05:04 AM
Sorry it took me so long to post, I just couldn't think of anything to say.

Been there, friend. :smallsmile: it happens to me too.

Before I can keep going I'm dependent on Sir Brains of Scrambling, from whom I await eagerly for his turn. that said he really wants to see what happens with Grad and Elestil before we finish with the "smaller crisis", and frankly I'm interested too at what'll happen, so...yeah. Patient.

ScrambledBrains
2013-02-26, 11:10 PM
Been there, friend. :smallsmile: it happens to me too.

Before I can keep going I'm dependent on Sir Brains of Scrambling, from whom I await eagerly for his turn. that said he really wants to see what happens with Grad and Elestil before we finish with the "smaller crisis", and frankly I'm interested too at what'll happen, so...yeah. Patient.

:smallsmile: I'll see what I can do.

Hey, Egneil? About how close is Elestil to us? Close enough to hear with a good enough Listening Check?

Egneil
2013-02-26, 11:25 PM
They're currently 240feet away, so you can't hear them from this distance.

Newcomer
2013-03-03, 08:32 PM
Sorry for the long delay. I was traveling this weekend and didn't get a chance to check in.

Elestil has just been quietly observing up until this point, clinging to his invisibility while it might prove useful. If Grad agrees to walk away at this point, I think I'll drop the invisibility and walk away with him.

ScrambledBrains
2013-03-03, 10:21 PM
They're currently 240feet away, so you can't hear them from this distance.

Crap!...

Oh, well. I suppose Frandol and Thurod should stick with their routine, and hope Grad and Elestil make it...:smalleek:

Prince Zahn
2013-03-04, 08:00 AM
Relevant comment on Dungeon Master Egneil's latest post(that means read IC first!)
...Close one?:smallconfused:
Consider rolling sense motive, a creature with glowing eyes had yet to be good news - humanoid or not...

Dr.Robotnik
2013-03-04, 10:48 AM
Newcomer, feel free to have Elestil chime/pitch in, I'm out of ideas.

Newcomer
2013-03-04, 11:03 PM
Newcomer, feel free to have Elestil chime/pitch in, I'm out of ideas.

I was inclined to let Grad make a decision, and then follow suit (seeing not seeing* as Elestil is still invisible). However, I'll think about coming up with a response shortly...

*sorry.. puns are irresistible!

Prince Zahn
2013-03-05, 05:12 PM
So, Shall we resume, Mr. brains?
Last I recall Frandol tried to spark flint and steel on his work while ranting evidently with serious psychological issues, all while you try to convince him to cast a SIMPLE prestidigitation spell to fix his error.

Aaaaaaaaaaand go,:smallsmile: before I forget how to roleplay him.

ScrambledBrains
2013-03-05, 05:18 PM
So, Shall we resume, Mr. brains?
Last I recall Frandol tried to spark flint and steel on his work while ranting evidently with serious psychological issues, all while you try to convince him to cast a SIMPLE prestidigitation spell to fix his error.

Aaaaaaaaaaand go,:smallsmile: before I forget how to roleplay him.

Gee...no pressure. :smallcool:

Prince Zahn
2013-03-05, 05:30 PM
Gee...no pressure. :smallcool:

How would it be fun I made it easy? :smalltongue:
EDIT: I'll try to continue this tomorrow.

Prince Zahn
2013-03-09, 04:02 AM
Sorry for the double-post.

Alright, I weirded out just a bit, perhaps, did you at least have fun, Agent brains - Scrambled, not poached?

ScrambledBrains
2013-03-09, 11:47 AM
Sorry for the double-post.

Alright, I weirded out just a bit, perhaps, did you at least have fun, Agent brains - Scrambled, not poached?

Oh, I did, I did! Sorry, just been tired as hell lately. College sucks. :smallsmile:

Prince Zahn
2013-03-09, 12:31 PM
College sucks. :smallsmile:
I hear ya, my good man!:smalltongue:
I majored in "Suckycollegy" :smallbiggrin:.

ScrambledBrains
2013-03-09, 02:32 PM
I hear ya, my good man!:smalltongue:
I majored in "Suckycollegy" :smallbiggrin:.

:smallbiggrin:

Prince Zahn
2013-03-19, 02:16 AM
If any of you have 20 minutes leftover in your schedule, would it be alright if we resumed this?

If not, is there room for 20 minutes to think your next move over?

Egneil
2013-03-21, 01:15 PM
If any of you have 20 minutes leftover in your schedule, would it be alright if we resumed this?

If not, is there room for 20 minutes to think your next move over?

I've been mostly waiting for Newcomer to post. However both Arcanist and Newcomer are having trouble finding time to post. I'd like to continue with the campaign, so I don't mind waiting a week or so to give them a change to clear a spot in their schedules.

Mostly I'm just want to continue without dropping anyone.

Dr.Robotnik
2013-03-21, 03:46 PM
I'm just waiting for newcomer to post too.

Dr.Robotnik
2013-03-25, 09:10 PM
So, still nothing from newcomer? Its been almost a month.

ScrambledBrains
2013-03-25, 11:01 PM
So, still nothing from newcomer? Its been almost a month.

It is kinda concerning. :smallfrown: Not to mention, since I don't wanna spam post, I've been refraining from posting until he gets back.

Prince Zahn
2013-03-26, 07:46 AM
I'm worried too, it's been almost 3 weeks since he last logged on, more since he posted here. :smallfrown:
Wherever you two are - Newcomer, Arcanist, I hope your alright and you'll come back! It's too quiet without you guys! :smallsigh:

Prince Zahn
2013-03-30, 03:46 PM
So, to be clear... This is dead?

ScrambledBrains
2013-03-30, 06:25 PM
So, to be clear... This is dead?

I hope not...:smallfrown:

Egneil
2013-03-30, 07:41 PM
Mostly it's in hiatus until Newcomer and Arcanist have a chance to come back. I just don't like to drop anyone from a game.

Prince Zahn
2013-04-03, 11:01 AM
I can't stress this enough though: even if it seems like it at times, Frandol is not Senile(yet), if anything it's more like Attention Deficit Disorder(until he REALLY sets his mind to something). I mean, he's only 90 years-old for crying out loud!:smalltongue:

It was an...unintended, part of roleplay, but I like it :smallsmile:

Prince Zahn
2013-04-07, 10:27 AM
Scrambled, I'll see if I can post tomorrow, I haven't forgotten this.:smallsmile:

Prince Zahn
2013-04-12, 07:31 AM
Hey, I got some reinvigorating news:smallsmile:
I just talked with Arcanist and he wants to come back in another "3 1/2Weeks", if you guys are up to it and he catches up, We can resume with a tad more ease :smallsmile:

Woah! Triple post!:smalleek: Sorry about that!

ScrambledBrains
2013-04-12, 04:37 PM
Hey, I got some reinvigorating news:smallsmile:
I just talked with Arcanist and he wants to come back in another "3 1/2Weeks", if you guys are up to it and he catches up, We can resume with a tad more ease :smallsmile:

Woah! Triple post!:smalleek: Sorry about that!

Sweet. Thanks for the uplifting news, PZ. :smallbiggrin:

Arcanist
2013-05-03, 04:15 AM
Hey look at that, Finals are over! :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Robotnik
2013-05-03, 06:06 PM
Is this campaign back on then?

ScrambledBrains
2013-05-03, 06:35 PM

Arcanist! :smallbiggrin: You're back! Yay! :smallsmile:

Arcanist
2013-05-04, 02:52 AM
Is this campaign back on then?

My dear, this is like asking if Mayonnaise is an Instrument

Answer
WELL I CAN'T SEE WHY NOT? :smallbiggrin:

Arcanist! :smallbiggrin: You're back! Yay! :smallsmile:

I have returned! Not sure for how long, but we'll worry about that later :smalltongue:

Egneil
2013-05-04, 10:56 AM
Well it seems that Newcomer hasn't been on in a while, so in the interest of moving the campaign forward I've decided to play his character. He'll stay with the group for the conclusion of the current arc. After that he'll leave the group at the most plot-convenient point. Should Newcomer return before that point he'll take back his character immediately. I will still allow him to take back his character at anytime after he left the group however, but he will have to play solo for a bit before I can stitch him back in. (I understand how hectic real life can be)

In any case expect an IC post momentarily.

Prince Zahn
2013-05-04, 12:25 PM

That's great! :smallbiggrin:You've got some catching up to do, nonetheless.
Looking forward to your next IC post, I'll be on standby to join in on anything awesome :smallwink:

EDIT:
@Egneil: almost forgot to say - the show must go on!:smallbiggrin:
Normally It would be much harder to say this without the player's consent, I hope that if Newcomer objects to this he would log on soon to tell us just that.

Prince Zahn
2013-05-18, 08:54 AM
Spot Check
[roll0]
Hehe, any chance I make it anyway?:smalltongue:

ScrambledBrains
2013-05-18, 11:52 AM
Spot Check:
[roll0]

Shoot...:smallfrown:

Dr.Robotnik
2013-05-23, 11:19 AM
[roll0]
Spot

Dr.Robotnik
2013-05-23, 12:44 PM
Man, I botched that last diceroll.
[roll0]
Spot

Egneil
2013-05-25, 09:56 PM
So should I continue onto the trap or wait for Arcanist to roll?

Also Elestil's spot roll; [roll0]

ScrambledBrains
2013-06-18, 11:32 AM
Well...given that Arcanist nor Newcomer have been seen for a while...maybe we should just move on? Not that we won't miss them...:smallfrown:

Prince Zahn
2013-06-19, 09:52 AM
I shan't lie to you, Brains - I'm one of the last few people to give up on a forum adventure, especially one I've loved as much as this.
But I'm losing hope for the Unexpecteds, much to my own dismay.

That being said - I'm not unsubscribing.
If we ever get this thing up and running again,( but for realz, I mean), I'll be quick to join back in, but something's gotta move.
-Zanny Boy.:smallamused:

ScrambledBrains
2013-06-19, 12:31 PM
I shan't lie to you, Brains - I'm one of the last few people to give up on a forum adventure, especially one I've loved as much as this.
But I'm losing hope for the Unexpecteds, much to my own dismay.

That being said - I'm not unsubscribing.
If we ever get this thing up and running again,( but for realz, I mean), I'll be quick to join back in, but something's gotta move.
-Zanny Boy.:smallamused:

Noted. I'm still subscribed too, and if it does pick back up, I'm more than happy to keep playing. However, if it doesn't, then all of you are more than welcome to join me in a new game.(Two of my other ones recently crashed, so all I have is this one, and one other. So if this crashes, my schedule will be plenty open. :smallbiggrin:)

Edit: Not that I'll be looking for or creating a new game just yet. I'm giving this one a week or two more first. :smallsmile:

Prince Zahn
2013-06-20, 02:09 AM
Send me an invite if you do, I can't promise I'll join "just because", but if it's interesting I got this ranger I'm workin' over (Haven't played a ranger in quite some time :smallcool:)
He won't be Frandol, though. Bear that in mind. :smallwink:no one can ever be Frandol again, it was quite an honor! ^_^

Newcomer
2013-07-18, 01:01 PM
Hi guys. I'm sorry I disappeared! I just had a lot of things going on at once (nothing terrible, just lots to do), and it kind of fell out of my daily routine and slipped from my mind. If you're still interested in re-starting the campaign, I'm game for it. Just make sure I don't try to play more than 1 or 2 games at once, because I need to be able to pop in and move quickly.

Also, I'm going to change my account info to email me when I get a PM. That way if I lose track of the game, you can still get ahold of me.

ScrambledBrains
2013-07-18, 01:57 PM
Newcomer! :smallsmile:

Well, I know I'm still here and still game, and I think PZ is too...not too sure about Arcanist or Dr. Robotnik...

Prince Zahn
2013-07-19, 02:32 AM
Newcomer! :smallsmile:

Well, I know I'm still here and still game, and I think PZ is too...not too sure about Arcanist or Dr. Robotnik...

:smallconfused:interesting...
What about Egneil? Haven't heard from him either in quite some time.

Egneil
2013-07-19, 10:36 PM
Sorry guys, but I don't have the focus to keep this game going. I just keep getting distracted by other things and I don't want to keep stringing you all along.

So I've decided to close the game. Sorry if it seems like a bad time to say it though.

ScrambledBrains
2013-07-20, 12:01 AM
Sorry guys, but I don't have the focus to keep this game going. I just keep getting distracted by other things and I don't want to keep stringing you all along.

So I've decided to close the game. Sorry if it seems like a bad time to say it though.

Ah, Nuts. :smallfrown:

Oh, well. PZ, Newcomer, keep an eye out for a PM from me, cause I'm probably going to start up a new game(Not DMing, mind you. :smalltongue:) within the next week or so.

Also, for what time and effort you could give, thank you Egneil. I'd play again under you any time. :smallsmile:

Prince Zahn
2013-07-20, 04:42 PM

See? This is why we ask:smallwink::smalltongue:
Egneil, it was a real pleasure to play your adventure, when you held your own, and when you worked our way, too - you kept things real and I respect you for that (when I DM I'm a total softie on my players, but this isn't about me.:smalltongue:)

I'll be waiting for a PM from you, Mr. brains, I hope you got a cool idea comin along:smallbiggrin:

Personal to the OOC thread
Goodbye, OOC thread, perhaps I'll miss you the most!
Just, please - don't tell the others I said that, especially not IC thread... :smallwink:

Newcomer
2013-07-20, 10:07 PM
Yes, it was a lot of fun while it was rolling, and I really liked the way you ran things, Egneil. If I ever get up the courage (read: anti-perfectionism) to DM a campaign, you'll be an influence on how I run it.. :smallcool:

ScrambledBrains, PM away when you get the chance! I'd enjoy playing with you again, although it might depend on the details whether I'll join in that particular campaign. If I decline, it would only be about the type of game I'm comfortable playing, not unfriendliness towards you!! :smallsmile: