Arakune
2012-10-02, 08:56 PM
Explorer's Map
Divination
Level: Sorc/Wiz 0, Brd 0
Component: V,S,M
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Area: Circle Around caster with radius of 100ft + 10ft/level.
Duration: Instant

Useable only indoors, it draws in a piece of blank parchment a two dimensional map of the building's floor up to the spell range. The map have only rough details and can only draw aspect of the floor architecture, being unable to draw any secret entrances and exits.

Adventurer's Map
Divination
Level: Sorc/Wiz 3, Brd 2
Component: V,S,F
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Medium (400ft + 40ft/level)
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: Will Negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: No

Useable only indoors, it shows a two dimensional map of the building architecture in range, displaying chances on the overall configuration in real time. It displays all entrances and exits of the rooms, while providing the same benefits of Detect Secret Doors on rooms the caster is personally present.

Lastly, the spell also tracks down all creatures that fail their will checks in real time while they are in range.

Arcane Focus
A specially prepared folding, steel square mirror costing at least 500gp

Fiend Trap: Floor
Conjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S
Range: Close (25ft +5ft/level)
Area: see text
Duration: 10 minute/level or until discharged;
Saving Throw: see text
Spell Resistance: see text

Allows the placement of a temporary magical trap on the floor that can be detected and disabled as normal by a rogue. At the moment of the trap is placed the caster can choose one of the following effects:

Bear Trap: Bear trap that springs and detain the target in a 5ft area, it allows a strength check with DC 10 + spell level + caster primary stat to break free, dealing 2d6 points of bludgeoning and piercing damage while restraining the target for 1 round/2 levels. Reflex Negate, Spell Resistance: No;

Spring Trap: A spring launches the target up to 25ft + 5ft/level on the horizontal and 10ft + 5ft/2 levels on the vertical on a determined direction, the target taking failing damage as normal. Reflex Negate, Spell Resistance: No;

Vacuum Floor: An 10ft square area is affected by a vortex that pulls everything towards its center, dazing those affected for 1 round/2 levels. Fortitude Partial for having the speed halved, Spell Resistance: Yes;

Explosive Floor: An 10ft square area explodes, dealing 4d6 points of fire damage and launching the target up to 25ft + 5ft/level on the horizontal and 10ft + 5ft/2 levels on the vertical on a random direction. Reflex Partial for half damage and being pushed only 5ft back in a random direction, Spell Resistance: Yes;

Cieyrin
2012-10-07, 11:46 AM
Seems alright, though Adventurer's Map makes me think of the Marauder's Map. >_>;;

Thomar_of_Uointer
2012-10-07, 01:49 PM
Explorer's Map
Divination
Level: Sorc/Wiz 0, Brd 0
Component: V,S,M
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Duration: Instant

Useable only indoors, it draws in a piece of blank parchment a two dimensional map of the building's floor up to the spell range. The map have only rough details and can only draw aspect of the floor architecture, being unable to draw any secret entrances and exits.
I think it's a bit overpowered for a cantrip, but it's not ridiculously powerful. My main concern is that you can map out the surrounding area without having the rogue make any Stealth checks, but it's not revealing any creatures or real details so that's alright. I would specifically note that it cannot map any detail smaller than a 5' cube, and change the area to a "spread" and note that it cannot penetrate any barrier thicker than 1 foot (so you can't map out a labyrinth with it).

Adventurer's Map
Divination
Level: Sorc/Wiz 3, Brd 2
Component: V,S,F
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Medium (400ft + 40ft/level)
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: Will Negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: No

Useable only indoors, it shows a two dimensional map of the building architecture in range, displaying chances on the overall configuration in real time. It displays all entrances and exits of the rooms, while providing the same benefits of Detect Secret Doors on rooms the caster is personally present.

Lastly, the spell also tracks down all creatures that fail their will checks in real time while they are in range.

Arcane Focus
A specially prepared folding, steel square mirror costing at least 500gp
Your wording on detecting doors is a bit odd. I would change it to, "...and secret or concealed doors are immediately added to the map if the map is brought into the same room." Detect secret doors won't reveal a trapdoor covered by a pile of garbage, so I think this is necessary.

Also, you've listed Range as Medium, but with the 400+40per for long. Did you intend for the map to stop mapping outside of Long range from where the spell was first cast, or is it supposed to be Medium and continue mapping as far as it can be carried to infinite range?

"Failing a Will save in real-time" is vague and I don't understand, does that mean that every creature is allowed a Will save to not show up on the map every round? (That's a lot of rolling.) I would make the creature tracking only work on creatures of Small size or larger while they are moving, at least for balance purposes, and allow no save (and specifically note that spell resistance is allowed, but only rolled once when the spell is cast).

Fiend Trap: Floor
Conjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S
Range: Close (25ft +5ft/level)
Area: see text
Duration: 10 minute/level or until discharged;
Saving Throw: see text
Spell Resistance: see text

Allows the placement of a temporary magical trap on the floor that can be detected and disabled as normal by a rogue. At the moment of the trap is placed the caster can choose one of the following effects:

Bear Trap: Bear trap that springs and detain the target in a 5ft area, it allows a strength check with DC 10 + spell level + caster primary stat to break free, dealing 2d6 points of bludgeoning and piercing damage while restraining the target for 1 round/2 levels. Reflex Negate, Spell Resistance: No;

Spring Trap: A spring launches the target up to 25ft + 5ft/level on the horizontal and 10ft + 5ft/2 levels on the vertical on a determined direction, the target taking failing damage as normal. Reflex Negate, Spell Resistance: No;

Vacuum Floor: An 10ft square area is affected by a vortex that pulls everything towards its center, dazing those affected for 1 round/2 levels. Fortitude Partial for having the speed halved, Spell Resistance: Yes;

Explosive Floor: An 10ft square area explodes, dealing 4d6 points of fire damage and launching the target up to 25ft + 5ft/level on the horizontal and 10ft + 5ft/2 levels on the vertical on a random direction. Reflex Partial for half damage and being pushed only 5ft back in a random direction, Spell Resistance: Yes;

I love this spell.

Does the spring trap only cover a 5' square?

The vacuum floor doesn't say how fast it pulls creatures in. I would note that creatures who fail their saves are checked and cannot move away from the center. It allows a save each round on the trap's initiative, correct? The daze effect is really strong, and the way you have it written it affects creatures even on a successful save, which pretty much makes this an AOE save-or-loose effect. I recommend you change it so that each round any creature that fails its Fortitude save must then make a Will save to avoid the daze effect.

Does the explosive floor cause fall damage? Do they take an extra 2d6 damage if they hit an obstacle horizontally?