PDA

View Full Version : Omg it is back

silverwolfer
2012-10-06, 11:10 AM
*hugs you all so deeply*

I missed you folk so much

The Redwolf
2012-10-06, 11:11 AM
I think this should go in general discussion or friendly banter or something like that.

grarrrg
2012-10-06, 11:48 AM
Back? It never left.
Looks like SOMEONE needs to upgrade to a Premium account.
Sarcasm, there is no premium account

BowStreetRunner
2012-10-06, 11:57 AM
I think this should go in general discussion or friendly banter or something like that.

General Discussion? Friendly Banter? You mean there is a world outside of D&D 3e/3.5e/d20?!? I am not sure I am okay with that idea. :smalleek:

Slipperychicken
2012-10-06, 12:06 PM
General Discussion? Friendly Banter? You mean there is a world outside of D&D 3e/3.5e/d20?!? I am not sure I am okay with that idea. :smalleek:

Yeeaaahh... Roll against SAN loss.

Flickerdart
2012-10-06, 12:14 PM
Back? It never left.
Looks like SOMEONE needs to upgrade to a Premium account.
Sarcasm, there is no premium account
Surely you mean there is no premium account, go back to your fun.

karkus
2012-10-06, 12:16 PM

Yeah, It's called Real Life™. It's a pretty good RPG, but there aren't that many good NPCs in it :smallannoyed:

Ksheep
2012-10-06, 12:36 PM
Yeah, It's called Real Life™. It's a pretty good RPG, but there aren't that many good NPCs in it :smallannoyed:

Yeah, the DM could really up the acting on some of the NPCs. Also, he gets really annoyed when you try to attack any of them. You usually get surrounded by town guards within a few minutes of attacking them and carted off to a prison.

grarrrg
2012-10-06, 12:45 PM
Surely you mean there is no premium account, go back to your fun.

It's hard to make text both NINJA and FRIEND-COMPUTER...
Oh, wait, there IS a pink!

Yeah, the DM could really up the acting on some of the NPCs. Also, he gets really annoyed when you try to attack any of them. You usually get surrounded by town guards within a few minutes of attacking them and carted off to a prison.

And the play control is a little wonky at times, the graphics suck, and I can't seem to get my HUD to display properly.

The Redwolf
2012-10-06, 12:50 PM
And the play control is a little wonky at times, the graphics suck, and I can't seem to get my HUD to display properly.

The worst part is no respawns or saves, I haven't been able to do anything stupid on my file because I can't restart if I do.

Tvtyrant
2012-10-06, 12:59 PM
It's hard to make text both NINJA and FRIEND-COMPUTER...
Oh, wait, there IS a pink!

Tell me about it. I hate single camera perspective! Sometimes I just want an overhead camera so I can see my character while I play!

Slipperychicken
2012-10-06, 01:16 PM
The worst part is no respawns or saves, I haven't been able to do anything stupid at all on my file because I can't restart if I do.

Not to mention half the minigames, NPC dialogues, and AI pathfinding are completely f***ing broken. Even on the "Easy" mode (called 1st World, or White American or something like that), it's horrifyingly difficult, and NPCs constantly guilt you for not picking the hardest difficulty ("3rd World Insanity", I think). The only redeeming feature is the Music minigame, which is actually fun and rewarding.

In "socializing", you pretty much have to suck up to every NPC you meet every five seconds, or else they flip out and start whining about how you're ignoring them. And heaven forbid if you look at a woman's shirt long enough to read what's written on it... And even worse if you don't stare at their eyes every second of the day. It's like the game punishes you for admiring the graphics and "perfect model" technology they've been hyping up.

Without a health bar, you pretty much have to keep track of every "pain event" or die of some stupid **** like cholera or AIDS. "Oh, you didn't check that steak for mold 3 weeks ago? The water was kind of brown? Your sexual partner didn't get tested? JUST DIE. No continues".

Whenever I try to start up the "Dating" minigame, the target of the date almost never responds, even when I select the option several times in rapid succession. Even when it does start up correctly, 80% of the time they don't make the date, and the other 20% they show up like 30min late because the AI can't cross a damn street without spazzing out and getting itself lost. Then they just spam the "you're boring" message until they go home, even if you follow the ridiculously expensive suggestions (make jokes, pay for everything, buy gifts, all that resource-consuming nonsense).

THIS GAME SUCKS :smallfurious:

The Redwolf
2012-10-06, 01:31 PM
In "socializing", you pretty much have to suck up to every NPC you meet every five seconds, or else they flip out and start whining about how you're ignoring them. And heaven forbid if you look at a woman's shirt long enough to read what's written on it... And even worse if you don't stare at their eyes every second of the day. It's like the game punishes you for admiring the graphics and "perfect model" technology they've been hyping up.

Whenever I try to start up the "Dating" minigame, the target of the date almost never responds, even when I select the option several times in rapid succession. Even when it does start up correctly, 80% of the time they don't make the date, and the other 20% they show up like 30min late because the AI can't cross a damn street without spazzing out and getting itself lost. Then they just spam the "you're boring" message until they go home, even if you follow the ridiculously expensive suggestions (make jokes, pay for everything, buy gifts, all that resource-consuming nonsense).

THIS GAME SUCKS :smallfurious:

You experience with this game seems to be eerily similar to mine...

Flickerdart
2012-10-06, 01:35 PM
Tell me about it. I hate single camera perspective! Sometimes I just want an overhead camera so I can see my character while I play!
Then the devs couldn't sell you the Mirror item through microtransactions.

Novawurmson
2012-10-06, 01:43 PM
Whenever I try to start up the "Dating" minigame

Ah, poor guy. Unlock the "Marriage" mode and you can play multiplayer.

Did anyone figure out how to set ability scores before they started? Because I seriously underoptimized Wisdom and now my Spot is abysmal.

Tvtyrant
2012-10-06, 01:50 PM
Then the devs couldn't sell you the Mirror item through microtransactions.

The only thing more overpriced than mirrors are the cursed healing costs. There is no mechanical reason I should have to take weeks healing from minor wounds; it detracts from the exploration of the game!

Slipperychicken
2012-10-06, 01:59 PM
Did anyone figure out how to set ability scores before they started? Because I seriously underoptimized Wisdom and now my Spot is abysmal.

The writers can't make up their minds about the lore. Half the NPCs spout some technobabble about "genetics" making it a function of your parents scores (kind of like the skin-tone/racial mechanics), and the other half says an admin personally decides your stats. I think there was an update a few hundred in-game years ago where they added randomized ability scores, but they didn't update NPC interactions to match it (they still have temples built to beg admins for better weather/climate-events and score-generation).

There's a pretty common glitch where, even if you roll good Wisdom, your Spot goes down (something about the eyes not spawning in the right shape). Glasses are a common workaround, and they're coming out with an eye-surgery patch. Like all the others, it's not available on the hardest difficulties, and costs tons of in-game money. Brilliant game design right there; make your players waste in-game money to patch your glitches.

Marthinwurer
2012-10-06, 02:11 PM
There's a pretty common glitch where, even if you roll good Wisdom, your Spot goes down (something about the eyes not spawning in the right shape). Glasses are a common workaround, and they're coming out with an eye-surgery patch. Like all the others, it's not available on the hardest difficulties, and costs tons of in-game money. Brilliant game design right there; make your players waste in-game money to patch your glitches.

And some of the flaws aren't worth taking. I know that half the ones that give you intelligence for mental illnesses haven't gotten me anywhere.

Amidus Drexel
2012-10-06, 02:39 PM
I think what this game needs are some cheats. Has anybody found any hacks that actually work?

Sgt. Cookie
2012-10-06, 03:09 PM
Nope, all the one's I've found all get you arrested.

On the dating thing, you just aren't applying circmstance bonuses. Try loading the dating minigame with the following options:

Accent: English

Slipperychicken
2012-10-06, 03:26 PM
On the dating thing, you just aren't applying circmstance bonuses. Try loading the dating minigame with the following options:

Accent: English

I've been doing this whole playthrough in America and English :smallfrown:. My toon got a New York accent (not Brooklyn, just standard NY), if that's important? Race is White American (Mixed Euro/Russia heritage), sex is Male, normal bodyweight, no physical flaws, decent attractiveness. I've even been leveling a perform skill (Cello), and grinding at a gym, but it's just not coming together.

I think it's those -CHA/+INT flaws... They're good, but if you go overboard, they absolutely slaughter your Social.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-06, 03:28 PM
Dont forget how long the tutorial takes! 18 years, minimum. More jf you want the cool professions. And they make you pay for anything after the first 18 too! And when your finally done, your not even gaurenteed a profession! And when you finaly get one, you have to give up part of your in-game cash to pay for other player's tutorial! Its ludicrous.

nedz
2012-10-06, 03:34 PM
It's a shame they never finished to core rules either. The MM only has the Animal and Vermin sections. Where are the rest ?

Amidus Drexel
2012-10-06, 03:34 PM
The designers are clearly sadistic jerks. The nature of the game doesn't say much for the DM either.

For example, almost all of the skills are dependent on multiple abilities! Any social interaction seems to take a combination of all my mental abilities to get a positive response, and the perform skills practically require all of my ability scores to be well-optimized!

Flickerdart
2012-10-06, 03:39 PM
It's a shame they never finished to core rules either. The MM only has the Animal and Vermin sections. Where are the rest ?
The modders are working on it.

Randomguy
2012-10-06, 03:47 PM

Yeah, but only abberations. It'll be years until monstrous humanoids come out.

Laura Eternata
2012-10-06, 03:53 PM
This thread is making me sad...

Amidus Drexel
2012-10-06, 03:54 PM

I hear that some constructs are in the works, although the development is pretty slow.

Also, I think we're in a no-magic setting. I have yet to see any magical effects, besides maybe some of my papers not being F's.

Roland St. Jude
2012-10-06, 03:56 PM
Sheriff: Okay.