PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Infernal Beasts and Nuclear Suns

Gharkash
2012-10-06, 01:37 PM
Hello playground.

I had stumbled upon Malfeasant Heart by Xefas, and lately i stumbled upon the Primordialist and the Infernal Monster discipline. I have to admit that even though i have no knowledge of Exalted other than the Wikipedia entry, they seem to be raising the awsome bar pretty high.

Fluff aside (would probably change it for smoother porting in the FR campaing a friend runs, if i ever use any of these), has any one used them in a home game?

The Primordialist seems a bit too much to me, really good ideas but too much to keep in mind and port in a group that generally dislikes ToB, but i would gladly use Infernal Monster of Malfeasant Heart on an initiator.

Has any one used the disciplines or the class? What did you think of the experience?

Thanks in advance.

Allnightmask
2012-10-08, 03:32 PM
I've been running a game where a one the players is running a Primordialist with infernal monster as their patron. They have overshadowed everyone else in the group in at low levels in wiping groups if only because the no armor fighting style class ability has amazing synergy with the infernal maneuvers. So yeah that might be a bit more then some will want to play along side with.

Keep a eye on the fact your rage effect will make retreat a non option and that after combat you have to finish enemies off. I did kill one of the players by charming his character and having him defend the caster from the Primordialist so I suggest you have your group get mental defenses. Getting a movement booster would help a good amount also. A few times now I've just kited my friend so the others could fell like they did something.

All that aside this discipline is extremely fun to watch in action if you don't mind stepping on other toes in the end.

Spider_Jerusalem
2012-10-08, 03:39 PM
I have no knowledge of Exalted whatsoever, but I had to come here to say that this is the best thread title ever.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-10-08, 03:48 PM
I've been running a game where a one the players is running a Primordialist with infernal monster as their patron. They have overshadowed everyone else in the group in at low levels in wiping groups if only because the no armor fighting style class ability has amazing synergy with the infernal maneuvers. So yeah that might be a bit more then some will want to play along side with.

ToB is also really powerful at low levels. But that's how it's supposed to be, see "linear warrior quadratic wizard".

Besides, I don't know about Infernals, but he specifically said in his Solar homebrew that he was making it to be tier 1 (realistically, it should be more powerful than that).