PDA

View Full Version : (OOC): A Changing World II [3.5]

zagan
2012-10-06, 03:17 PM
A Changing world

The Template project. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8492255#post8492255)

This will be the OOC thread for the game.
I'm very please to DM for you all and I hope that we will have fun together.

We will use Saph Initative rule, found here: Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110323)

Please chose a color that you will use for your character.

It's not required but I found that having your basic character stat in your post during combat help a lot:

You can use that format:

HP:
Speed:
Init:
AC: Touch: Flat:
Save: Fort: Ref: Will:
Melee attack:
Damage:
Range attack:
Damage:
Active spell:

+ any special ability that could affect the whole group

Fell free to remove any line not concerning your character.
As i said it's not required but I find it usefull as a player and as a DM.

Here's a repost of the recruitment OP

The night in the clearing was peacefull the only one awake was the one on watch. Youíre all pretty satisfied after dealing with the Necromancer. And the villager were so happy to see their children back.
Suddendly a weird feeling manifest all around you, it doesnt wake any of you and the watch didnít notice. Still something is happening. I wonder what ?

Welcome, welcome.
Itís my pleasure to begin recruiting for a new game using my project.
The 16 question are below but first a few thing on how the adventure will begin.
You are all member of an adventuring party, recently youíve managed to kill a young necromancer that was kidnapping children from a small village. Thankfully none were killed after returning the children to their respective home. After getting your reward you left town in route toward the city to spend your loot.
You stop for the night in a clearing in the middle of the forest. When you all wake up the next morning you realise that something drastic has happenned youíve all changed in some profound way.
What will you do ?

The 16 question:
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
D&D 3.5
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Gestalt, max one flaw one trait
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
4 to 6
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
This forum
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
Level 6, 15000xp
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standard WBL, 13000gp no more than half on any one item
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
Any official WotC class or Prc. My homebrew are allowed other on a case by case basis but Iím pretty open.
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Any LA 0 race, Iím willing to work with you to modify LA 1 race as to bring them to a LA 0.
You all gain one of the template from my project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8492255#post8492255) for free (no LA)
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
32 point buy
Max hp at first level, average after that.
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
EDIT: No evil character.
I use alignement but Iím not strict about it particulary for Npc, a good red dragon is rare but possible for example.
I'm also willing to ignore alignement requirement for class or Prc just ask.
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
No multicallsing penality but donít abuse it. I donít like 1 level dip so unless you can really justify it Iíll probably say no.
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
I roll for the Npc you roll for yourself. To speed thing up I might roll your initiative and spot/listen check.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
Weíre using my template project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8492255#post8492255) homebrew.
As stated above the game is gestalt. Youíre allowed to have a maximum of one flaw and one trait. A few houserule and DM clarification are below.
We will also use Action point as describe in Eberron and UA
I also encourage membership in organisation or guild but itís not required
EDIT: We will use fractional Bab as suggested by Tavar
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
I required a short background at least describing how you join the party. What will be the reaction of the character after discovering the transformation ?
And finnaly a short description before and after the template.
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
A little of everything but the beginning might be a little more roleplaying heavy.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
All official sourcebook.
The wotc web article.
Dragon mag on a case by case basis
3.0 source on a case by case basis
Homebrew apart from mine on a case by case basis
No third party book Unless you can give me a link where I can download it for free

A note on character creation, despite the fact that at the beginning of the game the character have just gained the template, you can chose feat (either my homebrew or other) as if they have them from first level. Same thing for skill or qualifying for Prc

Please use this format for application, Iím sorry for the inconvenience but it will allow me to easily compare between the lot of you.
Edit: I also want complete sheet for the character and any companion creature you have. (familliar, special mount, etc...)

Pseudo:
Character name:
Race + Template:
Alignement:
Organisations/Guild: (remove line if this does not concerne your character)
Current Build:
Planned Build (up to 20): (of course I wonít hold you to it, Itís just to get an idea of what you want)
Ability Score: (before and after racial and level up bonus like that: Str: 14+2+1 Dex: 12 Con: 15-2 Int: 10 Wis: 8 Cha: 12)
Backstory:
Reaction to template:
Description before and after template:
Source: (with page number or link unless itís core)

House rule and Dm ruling

Setting:
Iím willing to adapt feat/Prc or other thing from any setting just ask and weíll work something out.

Gestalt rule: You canít have two Prc at the same time.
You calculate your BaB and Save using the best of one side.
A fighter1/sorcerer19//Wizard20 doesnít have a Bab of 20 for example
Edit: We wil use fractionnal BaB

Skill:
You can ask to lose acces to two class skill (for all your class) and gain 1 skill as a class skill. If you ask for UMD you will need a damn good reason to make me agree to it however.

Feat:
No item familiar
No leadership but I might allow thing such as dragon or wild cohort with enough in game justification and investment
Draconic aura: You can only select aura p86/87 in the dragon magic book not those from the dragon shaman
Rapid pact making: You donít need to make the seal when using this feat

Base Class:

Archivist: They have acces to scroll in the following way:
They can just buy scroll of spell from the Cleric and Druid spell list.
They can buy scroll of domain spell but only in temple dedicated to a god with that domain.
For Ranger and Paladin (Blackguard) spell you must find one able to cast the spell andwilling to cooperate with you to create the scroll. You must scribe the scroll yourself before copying it in your prayerbook, paying the normal gp and xp cost + any payement ask by the ranger/paladin
Same thing with Mystic, Healer and Shujenga spell but theyíre even rarer.
No spell from the divine bard spell list or from some Prc
Artificer: You get half craft reserve for each level before 6. You can only use it on item creation you have at that level but you donít need to roll.
As per Wotc official rulling your scroll are neither arcane or divine they can only be use with an UMD check.
Barbarian: Nothing specific but as stated I donít like one level dip so unless you can justify it in game I donít want to see Lion totem barbarian just for pounce. (Yes I know melee need nice thing but thatís not a solution.)
Binder: You have acces to any official vestige, homebrew on a case by case basis, Iíve personnaly homebrew a few here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153467)
Cleric: As mentionned in the religion section you must worship an actual god not just a concept.
Dragon Shaman: You continue gaining aura at 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19 taken from the list of aura from dragon magic p86/87
Favored Soul: They gain knowledge religion as a class skill
Fighter: Nothing specific but remember to look into ACF
Hexblade: You can use this semi official fix:

"The hexblade suffers a little because he came on the scene relatively early in 3.5's life.
As R&D pushes the boundaries of the game, we learn that some things we thought were risky
or potentially broken aren't. Other times, we learn things that look fine don't actually
work in play.

Armored mages fall into the first category. Them seem really powerful, but in the long run they aren't. Spells and magic items allow an unarmored mage to build great defenses. The spell mage armor is as good as medium armor, and its duration allows most mages to keep it active at all times. If you compare the hexblade to the duskblade from PH 2, you can see how the thinking has changed.

If you want to boost the hexblade, I'd try the following changes:

* Good Fortitude save
* Curse ability usable 1 + the hexblade's Cha modifier per day
* Curse ability usable as a swift action
* Curse ability does not count as used if the target makes his saving throw
* Ability to cast in light or medium armor and while carrying a light shield or buckler
* At 6th level, the hexblade can cast one hexblade spell per day as a swift action, as long as its original casting time is a standard action or faster. He gains an additional use of this power at levels 8, 11, 14, and 18.

The key to the hexblade is his curse ability, but it's a little un-fun to have it so limited in use. The hexblade also has trouble casting spells and using his melee attacks, so shifting spells to swift actions fits in with the idea of an armored mage."

Monk: Nothing specific because in gestalt they can be useful as is.
Shujenga: Ask if you want to add spell from other source to their spell list
Shadowcaster: Their a semi official fix for this class too but I canít find it, if you can do so you can use it. (But show me the link first)
Truenamer: So yeah, Iíll see what I can do. Thereís a good homebrew variant on the forum I believe.
Swordsage: The unarmed variant is allowed but the bonus to Ac only work when not wearing any armor. It does NOT stack with the bonus from monk or similar.
Wu-jen: Ask if you want to add spell from other source to their spell list
Other: Nothing I can think of but ask if you have any question

Prc:
Any: Iím willing to allow variant and adaptation such as a Psionic mindbender or thing like that just ask.
Chameleon: Changelling can qualify for this class
Legacy champion and Uncanny trickster: You canít progress a class ability above the maximum in the original class. Yes, Iím looking at you Hellfire warlock.

Magic item: You can use the rule from the MiC to combine magic item.

Setting info:

Geography:

You will begin play on this continent called by the native Croixel:
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5315/achangingworld.png
You are currently one day away south of the town call Clertep at the edge of the forest.
Only the biggest town and other landmark are show on the map.

History:
Apart from a few thing that i wonít revel here, I havenít dedic anything concret yet I want to wait and see what you chose for character such as race and backstory. Once Iíve selected the player Iíll elaborate more as need.

Religion:
DM note: This list not exhaustive, it only represent the most well know god if you are from more exotic species or want to worship something not represent in the list just ask and I will find or homebrew one for you.

A Divine caster must always have a patron deity otherwise they canít cast spell. (Some other powerfull outsider, like archdevil, can play the role of god under ceratin circumstances for this purpose). A divine caster does not need to be of the correct race to worship a god but itís not common.

Creator God: Name unknow, can be worship be never grant any spell and never interfere in the affair of mortal. He has been to know to punish or reward the god however.

Pantheon (Unless otherwoise note the God are unchanged from their original setting.

Human:
Boccob (N)
Ehlonna (NG)
Erythnul (CE)
Fharlanghn (N)
Heironous (LG)
Hextor (LE)
Kord (CG)
Nerul (NE)
Obad-Hai (N)
Olidammara (CN)
Pelor (NG)
St Cuthbert (LN)
Tulene and Talene (LN and CN)1
Urbanus (NG)RD
Vecna (NE)
Wee jas (LN)
1: Homebrew see below

Elf / Drow:
Alobal Lorfiril (CG)RW
Corellon Larethian (CG)
Deep Sashela (CG)RW
Elebrin Liothel (CG)RW
Hanali Celanil (CG)RW
Loth (CE)
Sehanine Moonbow (CG)RW
Vandria Gilmadrith (CG)RW

Dwarf:
Moradin (LG)
Hanseath (CN)RS
Laduguer (LE)RS
Mya (NG)RS
Roknar (NE)RS
Tharmekhul (N)RS
Thautam (N)RS
Valkauna (LN)RS

Halfling:
Yondalla (LG)
Dallah Thaun (CN)RW
Arvoreen (LG)RW
Brandobaris(N)[sup]RW/sup]
Cyrollalee (LG)RW
Sheela Peryroyl (N)RW
Urogalan (LN)RW

Gnome:
Garl Glittergold (NG)
Callarduran Smoothhands (N)RS
Gelf Darkheart (CN)RS
The Glutton (CE)RS
Rill Clerverthrush (LN)RS
Sheyanna Flaxenstrand (CG)RS

Orc:
Bahgtru (CE)
Gruumsh (CE)
Ilneval (LE)
Luthic (NE)
Shargaas (NE)
Yurtrus (NE)

Dragon:
Aasterinian (CN)
Astilabor (N)
Bahamut (LG)
Chronepsis (N)
Faluzure (NE)
Garyx (CE)
Hlal (CG)
Io (N)
Kurtulmak (LE)
Lendys (LN)
Tamara (NG)
Tiamat (LE)

New deity:

[B]Name: Tulene and Talene
Surname: The divine sister, Mirrored twins, Goddess of opposition
Statue: Intermediate deities
Symbol: Two women holding hand, one pure white, one pure black
Home plane: Symetri
Alignement: LN and CN
Portfolio: Contrast, Complementarity, Equilibrium, Opposition
Worshipers: Twins, Philosopher, Creature opposed to the normal teaching of their race.
Cleric alignement: LN,CN, LG, CG, LE, CE
Domains: Balance, Law, Chaos, Light, Darkness
Favored weapon: Linxpaw (Race of the wild p 165)

Tulene and Talene are twin sister, despite being two separate being they share the statue of godess and its impossible to worship one without worshipping the other.
They appear as beautiful young human women, Tulene as pure white skin, long dark hair and eyes, she always wear black clothes, Talene as black skin, long white hair and eyes she always wear white clothes.
Tulene and Talene are know for their beauty and most importantly for their unity despite their complete opposite morale opinion.

Dogma:
Tulene and Talene each represent Law and Chaos respectively but they think that one cannot exist without the other. They thaugh their follower to always respect the opinion of other, to stay true to their ideal and reflect on the constrast betwenn opposite.

New domain:

Light Domain:
Granted power: Weapon you wield gain the everbright weapon property. (MiC p34)
1: Guiding light (SpC p108)
2: Blaze of light (Heroes of battle p125)
3: Daylight
4: Rainbow patern (but gain the light descriptor)
5: Lucen lance (SpC p134)
6: True seeing
7: Sunbeam
8: Brillant aura (SpC p39)
9: Prismatic sphere

Player list:

{table=head]Player|Character|Race|Template|Side 1|Side 2|Application

Forzafiori|Michael Smith (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=210459)|Human|Energy|Monk(fi x)|Psion/Evolutionist|link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8547411&postcount=7)

Beshoren|Titian (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=210001)|Tortle|Bizarre|ninja/fighter|psychic warior/fighter|link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8556276&postcount=46)|add background to application (post 46)

Bindin garoth|Elven (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=330118)|Human|Wonderful|Elem ental adept[/URL]|Binder|

Duncfoo|Yui the caller (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview?sheetid=249784)|Elf|Arthropod|Spirit shaman|Dragon shaman

Elemental|http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=331289

[/table]

Essential info:

{table=head]Character|AC|Touch|Flat|Init|Spot|Listen|Sense motive

Michael|16|16|13|+7|12|12|3

Elven|21|16|18|+7|0|0|0

Titian|20|17|18|+2|9|9|4

Yui|18|11|18|+0|5|5|7
[/table]

The first IC thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154395) and the second is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254484)

zagan
2012-10-06, 03:22 PM
And here's the new OOC thread because the old one reach the 50 page mark. Remember to subscribe to it.

Beschoren
2012-10-06, 03:56 PM
nice, level up!

As we already discussed, Titian will take a single ranger level and re-train some skill points. this way he can get to Mutant prestige class sonner rather then later

(quote)

EDIT: my next level (9ļ) will be ranger1//ninja6, so i can get 8 dungeoneering ranks in my class skills. i will also want to retrain 4 ranks from climb to heal (as per retraining rules). I'll take the feat melle wepon mastery (blunt) for plain +2 attack and damage on all blunt strikes. yeah!

in the 10ļ lv I will take psy warrior8//mutant1. my extra feat from psychihc warrior will be extra mutation, thus allowing me to truly enter the mutant class. all right then?

(zangan agrees)

so that +8.5 HP, +1 on Will and BAB, 8 ranks in knowledge dungeneering, gain track, favored enemy: aberration, acrobatics +2 (jump/tumble/climb) and blunt melle wepon mastery (to get +2 on all attack and damage with melle blunt wepons, such as the mace and the tentacles. yeah!)

also: changes dimension slide power (never used) to hostile empatic transfer

zagan
2012-10-06, 04:41 PM
nice, level up!

As we already discussed, Titian will take a single ranger level and re-train some skill points. this way he can get to Mutant prestige class sonner rather then later

(quote)

EDIT: my next level (9ļ) will be ranger1//ninja6, so i can get 8 dungeoneering ranks in my class skills. i will also want to retrain 4 ranks from climb to heal (as per retraining rules). I'll take the feat melle wepon mastery (blunt) for plain +2 attack and damage on all blunt strikes. yeah!

in the 10ļ lv I will take psy warrior8//mutant1. my extra feat from psychihc warrior will be extra mutation, thus allowing me to truly enter the mutant class. all right then?

(zangan agrees)

so that +8.5 HP, +1 on Will and BAB, 8 ranks in knowledge dungeneering, gain track, favored enemy: aberration, acrobatics +2 (jump/tumble/climb) and blunt melle wepon mastery (to get +2 on all attack and damage with melle blunt wepons, such as the mace and the tentacles. yeah!)

also: changes dimension slide power (never used) to hostile empatic transfer

I confirm all that.

Also a head up I approved for Yui the use of this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147604) dragon shaman fix.

Duncfoo
2012-10-06, 06:11 PM
Hello new OOC Thread. Let me make my first thing inside you a Re-Roll.
[roll0] - Breath Recharge

You like that new thread? you like that?

bindin garoth
2012-10-06, 07:56 PM
Hey zagan a few quick questions for the level up:
1. Are you enforcing the "no taking prestige classes on both sides?" I was thinking about taking lavamancer//Evolutionist if the above rule is ignored, otherwise I'll probably stick to lavamancer//binder.

2. The more I play it the less I like the Screeching Roc on Evlen. It's a mismatch flavor-wise, although I do see what the author was trying to do. I'd like to replace it, and all of it's formula's with some from Devouring Shadows. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=864.0) To mark this ability, we could say he became infected by the dark ray from the beast we just fought. The attacks would be made of shadow-flames, and slowly his other abilities would become darker versions of themselves (no mechanical change for them though). I'd also change out the elemental's feat for the spellshape attack of this circle.

I'll wait to level up until I hear back. I'll also wait to post IC until then.

ForzaFiori
2012-10-07, 01:26 AM
Alright, Michael will go evolutionist/monk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150122).

Zagan: after a level of playtesting, are you still gonna allow people who can change templates to change template feats?

If not, I need to change my sheet back to have only one feat one some levels...

zagan
2012-10-07, 02:58 AM
Hey zagan a few quick questions for the level up:
1. Are you enforcing the "no taking prestige classes on both sides?" I was thinking about taking lavamancer//Evolutionist if the above rule is ignored, otherwise I'll probably stick to lavamancer//binder.

Yes I enforce this rule. I like gestalt a lot but this is one of the few balancing factor on it that want to be strictly respected.

2. The more I play it the less I like the Screeching Roc on Evlen. It's a mismatch flavor-wise, although I do see what the author was trying to do. I'd like to replace it, and all of it's formula's with some from Devouring Shadows. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=864.0) To mark this ability, we could say he became infected by the dark ray from the beast we just fought. The attacks would be made of shadow-flames, and slowly his other abilities would become darker versions of themselves (no mechanical change for them though). I'd also change out the elemental's feat for the spellshape attack of this circle.

I'll wait to level up until I hear back. I'll also wait to post IC until then.

No problem with that, you can trade the formula of screeching roc for devouring shadow but they must be of the same level.

Alright, Michael will go evolutionist/monk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150122).

Zagan: after a level of playtesting, are you still gonna allow people who can change templates to change template feats?

If not, I need to change my sheet back to have only one feat one some levels...

So far you've use it very little so it's hard to judge but we can continue like that for now. It seem fair.

ForzaFiori
2012-10-07, 05:15 AM
So far you've use it very little so it's hard to judge but we can continue like that for now. It seem fair.

Awesome. The only time I could see it getting bad would be when evolutionists start having multiple templates at once.

zagan
2012-10-07, 02:50 PM
DM rolls ignore it:

[roll0]
[roll1]

bindin garoth
2012-10-09, 06:29 AM
Sheet changes in progress. Hopefully will be able to finish today!

And on that note, I will be taking the project numen feat from the spellshape codices (essentially just an aura). Now what does everyone want, you guys can chose from the list below.

1.+4 to balance checks and to resist bull rushes, DR4/-
2.Under a constant deathwatch spell, gain 7 Temp hp whenever you deal damage to a living creature.
3.+4 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate. +4 fire damage with all attacks.

Edit: Ok I'll finish up my elemental's sheet tomorrow. Something doesn't seem quite right, and it's a huge pain doing everything from my phone :smalltongue:

On the bright side, I should be able to to make AoE attacks a lot easier after this level!

ForzaFiori
2012-10-09, 10:15 AM
Michael should be leveled up. New Template is construct (clockwork). Learned Telekenetic Maneuver and Wall of Ectoplasm, and got a little faster which boosts my jumping, tumbling, and balance

zagan
2012-10-09, 12:16 PM

And on that note, I will be taking the project numen feat from the spellshape codices (essentially just an aura). Now what does everyone want, you guys can chose from the list below.

2.Under a constant deathwatch spell, gain 7 Temp hp whenever you deal damage to a living creature.

Edit: Ok I'll finish up my elemental's sheet tomorrow. Something doesn't seem quite right, and it's a huge pain doing everything from my phone :smalltongue:

On the bright side, I should be able to to make AoE attacks a lot easier after this level!

Link ? For this project numen feat ?

Michael should be leveled up. New Template is construct (clockwork). Learned Telekenetic Maneuver and Wall of Ectoplasm, and got a little faster which boosts my jumping, tumbling, and balance

Okay.

ForzaFiori
2012-10-09, 12:21 PM
about what time of day is it now IC?

Also, Duncfoo: 11 points of healing will put me at max if you have it in your wand. If not I can always heal myself.

Duncfoo
2012-10-09, 12:33 PM

Vote 1 or 2, unless you want those skill buffa

Level up: Changed to better Dragon Shaman
Bab - 9 (thats right, gonna beat things up), Breath Weapon (6d6), self effects for Auras, +1 Aura
Spirit Shaman:
5th Level Spells, Ghost Form 1minute day
Skills - Yui is still stupid
Feats:
Rearranged - Swapped (Web Spinner), for spontaneous still, swapped (Extend) for spontaneous maximize, 9th level (Extra Slot - 1 extra 4th level slot)

zagan
2012-10-09, 12:34 PM
about what time of day is it now IC?

Also, Duncfoo: 11 points of healing will put me at max if you have it in your wand. If not I can always heal myself.

Nearly dusk, the sun is approching the horizon.

bindin garoth
2012-10-09, 12:52 PM
Yeah the skill boosts might be nice. Though Dr and temp hp are both nice too. Ill See what the others say.

Zagan, link to the feat:
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=855.0

The individual numens are listed under each circle:
searing flame (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=871.0)
Crushing Stone (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=860.0)
Devouring Shadow (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=864.0)

Also, while youre checking out the numens, I'm thinking the Crushing stone formula I picked up might be a little strong. Its called Crushing Slam, and it immobilizes and knocks down foes with no save. What do you think, you can finding it in the crushing stone link above.

zagan
2012-10-09, 02:01 PM
Yeah the skill boosts might be nice. Though Dr and temp hp are both nice too. Ill See what the others say.

Zagan, link to the feat:
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=855.0

The individual numens are listed under each circle:
searing flame (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=871.0)
Crushing Stone (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=860.0)
Devouring Shadow (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=864.0)

Did you read the benefit granted by a numen ? I mean really read it. I will tell you what I personnaly read:

Project Numen (Searing flamme) = ((Skill focus (Bluff)+1) + (Skill focus (Diplomacy)+1) + (Skill Focus (Intimidate)+1) + (Weapon Specialization (all weapon and spell) x (shaper level/5)) x number of party member within 30 ft = way more than one feat !!!!

Project Numen (Crushing Stone) = ((Skill focus (Balance)+1) + (a feat that give bonus against bull-rush) + ((2/3 * damage reduction (the epic feat)) x (shaper level/5)) x number of party member within 30ft = still way more than one feat !!!

Project Numen (devouring shadow) = (Permancied first level spell + ((Stone Power - the attack penalty) x (shaper level/2)) x number of party member within 30 ft = This one look better but only compared to the other, it's still way too much !!!

After this short demonstration I think we can all agree on "No to the Project numen feat". I don't consider myself as a strict DM but I have my limit, I'm sorry.

Also, while youre checking out the numens, I'm thinking the Crushing stone formula I picked up might be a little strong. Its called Crushing Slam, and it immobilizes and knocks down foes with no save. What do you think, you can finding it in the crushing stone link above.

You're right that as is it's too strong, nearly a no save "save or die", Still the concept is interesting so I propose one of the two following "fix".

-Ref save to avoid being knocked prone and Fort save avoid being immobilized
-prone or immobilized no save, your choice when you use it

bindin garoth
2012-10-09, 03:25 PM
True to the numen. Even compared to a similar feat, Draconic Aura (which is the closest feat to it that I can think of), the benefits of a Numen outweigh it, let alone the fact that you are usually going to have to take another feat just to get it!

Now I gotta figure out what to take instead. Probably a metashaping feat to boost my weaker formulas (though I don't use them much anyway, so still debating about it).

Hmmmmm...... I agree with the two saves idea. I find the fact that it can do two things at once, but with no save it's just too strong (Especially for screwing over flying monsters with no save). I'll put a note on my sheet later so we don't forget about it.

Once I figure out what feat I'm taking I'll let you know. I might consider going back to Elemental Adept and taking evolutionist on the other side. I like the idea of changing up my template (although the flying speed on this one has worked wonders for me :smallbiggrin:). Although this means my last level of Lavamancer was worthless :smalltongue:

bindin garoth
2012-10-11, 04:49 AM
Level Up Gains:
Evlen: Lavamancer // Binder
+1d8 (4.5) HP
+1 Reflex Save
+4 Knowledge (Religion)
Feat: Extra Prepared Formula
Abilities Gained:
Lava Burst (Small AoE with knockdown effect)
Slippery Mind( Re-roll save vs enchantment effects 1 round later).
Exchanged all Screeching Roc formulas with Devouring Shadow formulas, gained Withering Touch spell shape attack
Note Withering Touch only has a range of 15ft and melee touch, unlike other spellshape attacks.

Elemental:
+2 HD (D10's): My elemental has extremely high hp
+2 BAB
Advancement ability (+2 dex, int, cha, con)
Exchanged Screeching Rox spellshape attack (from feat) with Withering Touch from Devouring Shadow.
Feat: Spellshape Focus (+1 attack, +1d6 damage).

Decided to just stick with what I already had. Besides, Lavamancer grants me more readied formulas quicker than Elemental Adept :smalltongue:

And now I can melee! Maybe I should change Vestiges..... (Though with my low hp I probably shouldn't, unless I have a death wish :smalltongue:)

bindin garoth
2012-10-13, 07:05 AM
Everyone still here?

ForzaFiori
2012-10-13, 11:02 AM
I am. My posting is just really slow right now from work, especially on weekends.

bindin garoth
2012-10-13, 11:28 AM
Ah ok! What do you do?

ForzaFiori
2012-10-13, 11:36 AM
Haunted House on the weekends. working from 5-1, if the night goes well. Sometimes I don't get home til 2:30 or later. During the week I'm a tutor at an elementary school.

zagan
2012-10-13, 11:40 AM
I'm here, I was just waiting for you to decid what to do now, but I will post tomorow no matter what.

Duncfoo
2012-10-13, 06:36 PM
Let's rest for the night and follow the Orb again in the morning

bindin garoth
2012-10-13, 06:38 PM
As long as we hurry! We got loot to identify!

ForzaFiori
2012-10-14, 01:17 AM
Sounds good.

Duncfoo
2012-10-17, 12:09 AM
bindin garoth, that is just my Dragon Aura, since the change it is a little bit more powerful. No charges needed.

And go for it! Its find to switch around bindings. Binder's have so many fun effects.

I'm excited to throw around level 5 spells!

bindin garoth
2012-10-17, 02:37 PM
I say we melt a hole through the side of the dome! :smalltongue:

What would you do without the little pyromaniac :smallbiggrin:

bindin garoth
2012-10-29, 07:02 AM
I'm ready to move on when everyone else is.

zagan
2012-11-01, 04:44 PM
In what order does Titian manisfest is power ? And if he manifest detect hotile intent first does he scan the area before manifesting the other or does he manifest everything and only then began scanning the area ?

Beschoren
2012-11-01, 04:47 PM
In what order does Titian manisfest is power ? And if he manifest detect hotile intent first does he scan the area before manifesting the other or does he manifest everything and only then began scanning the area ?

1ļ detect hsotile intent, thne vigor, then offensive precognition.

I just manifest them in a row. detect hostile intent does not "scan an area", just let me more aware of possible foes in 30 feet range.

After he manifest all the powers he grabs the sack and heads for the dune, and away form the party. (wepon is not in hand... unless I detect hostile intents, of course. golden bag's wont do in this case)

zagan
2012-11-01, 04:54 PM
Okay, noted. Posting IC tomorow.

zagan
2012-11-02, 01:23 PM
Dm rolls:

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Duncfoo
2012-11-02, 04:36 PM
Current Spell List:
1st: Entangle, Wall of Smoke, Resist Energy
2nd: Resoration (Lesser), Heartfire
3rd: Hypothermia, Spirit Jaws
4th: Murderous Mist, Freedom of Movement
5th: Freeze

Beschoren
2012-11-05, 09:36 PM
sooo titian is nauseated for a round.

Is that the surprise round or the 1ļ combat round that was lost? either way my next action will be melle attack that thing. do I apply foe-on-ground +2 wepon bonus?

zagan
2012-11-06, 03:15 AM
sooo titian is nauseated for a round.

Is that the surprise round or the 1ļ combat round that was lost? either way my next action will be melle attack that thing. do I apply foe-on-ground +2 wepon bonus?

Only the surprise round this time. And yes you apply the bonus.

zagan
2012-11-06, 09:06 AM
Evlen your own fire damage bypass energy resistance but does your elemental too ?

bindin garoth
2012-11-06, 10:55 AM
Nope. Just Evlen.

zagan
2012-11-07, 03:44 PM
Dm rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Beschoren
2012-11-07, 07:09 PM
fort save with -4 penal: [roll0]

were any of my previous attacks sucessfull?

zagan
2012-11-08, 06:02 PM
fort save with -4 penal: [roll0]

were any of my previous attacks sucessfull?

None, it's a swarm a fine size creature immune to weapon damage. Only energy damage affect them.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-08, 06:07 PM
Well I'm in the wrong body... I guess the desert wasn't the best place to practice being a construct.

Duncfoo
2012-11-08, 08:39 PM
Ah rats. I was going to try out the spell Freeze, but it's a 6th level spell! Woops. Seeing Zagan adjudicate that was going to be fun. I'll take of off my spell list next fight. Guess I'll just pump damage for the moment.

zagan
2012-11-10, 11:35 AM
DM rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

zagan
2012-11-10, 11:48 AM
Titian continue taking [roll0] points of damage (as if it really matter)

Duncfoo
2012-11-10, 02:53 PM
Will Save vs Paralysis DC 19 - [roll0]

ForzaFiori
2012-11-10, 03:48 PM
Will Save vs. Paralysis: [roll0]

bindin garoth
2012-11-11, 02:44 PM
Will save vs Paralysis: [roll0]
Elemental Will save vs Paralysis: [roll1]

Edit: Wow, double 17's! :smalltongue: Both fail.......

ForzaFiori
2012-11-13, 12:20 PM
Fortitude Save: [roll0]

Is a tie a win or loss? I can never remember

zagan
2012-11-13, 01:04 PM
Fortitude Save: [roll0]

Is a tie a win or loss? I can never remember

It's a win but you don't need to roll, only tose in the area of the swarm at the endof the round must save and take the damage.
Tha remind I need to edit my post I forget to point it out to Evlen thanks for the reminder.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-13, 01:47 PM
How tall is the twister/sandstorm we're fighting? I may have a plan...

zagan
2012-11-13, 01:56 PM
How tall is the twister/sandstorm we're fighting? I may have a plan...

Roughly a 10 feet x 10 feet cube.

Will save for Yui action: [roll0]

ForzaFiori
2012-11-13, 02:11 PM
Well damn. I don't suppose that by roughly you mean it's just under 8' tall, do you?

I was thinking about using wall of Ectoplasm to trap it, but I can only make a 8' radius semicircle, so if it's 8' tall or taller I can't do it.

zagan
2012-11-13, 03:32 PM
Well damn. I don't suppose that by roughly you mean it's just under 8' tall, do you?

I was thinking about using wall of Ectoplasm to trap it, but I can only make a 8' radius semicircle, so if it's 8' tall or taller I can't do it.

You mean a dome ? If so I'll allow it, it's a cloud of sand after all it's very maleable. Just remember that you'll be trapping Evlen inside to if you do it.

bindin garoth
2012-11-14, 05:41 PM
Fort save vs DC 17
[roll0]

..... I just realized that I didn't put any ranks into concentrate......... :smalleek:

Total penalties to Evlen for reference:
Nauseated: Single move action during the round.
-4 attacks, -4 saves, -2 skills, -2 weapon damage.

:smalleek:

This will be.... Interesting to figure out a way to get out of.

Duncfoo
2012-11-14, 06:00 PM
Hmm, take a move action towards Titian maybe? Let Michael dome it. Yui can throw a maximized Hyporhermia at it next turn... Or frost breath it for 6d6.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-14, 06:30 PM
Can't put spells through ectoplasm, sadly. It will give us a chance to breath and prepare though.

bindin garoth
2012-11-16, 09:16 PM
Posting will be slow/nonexistent this weekend. visiting family.

Duncfoo
2012-11-21, 03:06 PM
Zagan Freeze in the spell compendium is listed as 6th level in it's entry and 5th level on the table of spells by level. Which level should I consider it?

zagan
2012-11-21, 03:19 PM
Zagan Freeze in the spell compendium is listed as 6th level in it's entry and 5th level on the table of spells by level. Which level should I consider it?

Well normally text trump table so it should be 6th level, after reading it I tend to agree, damage wise it not that powerful but it can immobilize a creature for a good chunk of time. Unless you can find multiple 5th level spell of comparable power it will stay a 6th level spell.

Duncfoo
2012-11-21, 05:22 PM
Baleful Polymorph? But, I am ok with it at 6th level. There are enough fun 5th level spells / sumons to use. I am going to summon a dinosaur!

zagan
2012-11-21, 05:35 PM
Baleful Polymorph? But, I am ok with it at 6th level. There are enough fun 5th level spells / sumons to use. I am going to summon a dinosaur!

You made a good point, I would probably be more inclined to switch BP to 6th than the opposite but I'll think about it.

bindin garoth
2012-11-26, 08:35 PM
Posting over the next few weeks will be slow, due to longer work hours than expected.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-26, 09:12 PM
As will mine. I have 25-30 pages of papers to write over the next... 2-3 weeks. Then I'll be on break though.

zagan
2012-12-07, 10:51 AM
No other response IC ?

Duncfoo
2012-12-07, 01:55 PM
I'll reply today. Sorry still fighting RL sickness.

bindin garoth
2012-12-07, 03:24 PM
Sorry, I meant to reply before but ended up getting pulled away for something. I'll post today

bindin garoth
2012-12-08, 01:01 AM
What do you guys think about keeping the Pick of Piercing as a utility item?

Never know when we're going to run into that Wall of Force........

Zagan,

Would the destruction holy symbol affect my negative energy spellshape attacks?

Otherwise, I'll take the Implements of Binding +1. Hmmm, that reminds me. I haven't be rolling my binding checks........

Maybe I'll change up my vestige choices. Favorite part about being a binder!

zagan
2012-12-08, 04:29 AM
What do you guys think about keeping the Pick of Piercing as a utility item?

Never know when we're going to run into that Wall of Force........

Zagan,

Would the destruction holy symbol affect my negative energy spellshape attacks?

Otherwise, I'll take the Implements of Binding +1. Hmmm, that reminds me. I haven't be rolling my binding checks........

Maybe I'll change up my vestige choices. Favorite part about being a binder!

Nope sorry it's only work on divine spell (I forgot to say so) because only those spell require a divine focus to work.

zagan
2012-12-10, 12:52 PM
Important post please read and respond to all point.

(Don't worry the campaign continue but I have multiple thing to talk about or ask about.

-First the tone of the campaign will change a little from now on, until such time as it's not appropriate anymore. Mostly it will shift to a more urban campaign type of thing. This may mean multiple thing but mostly you may need to conduct actual investigation, capture bad guy alive, save hostage, pursue a fleeing foe through a market place, not use area attack with innocent in the area, etc... (Well I will try anyway, I don't promise anything).
This is just a friendly warning so your not too surprise, tell me what you think about that.

-Second I would like to introduce side quest for each of you. (Titian already got one but it was because he need to qualify for is Prc) It would take place mostly in the form of PM and the occasional post in the ooc thread to roll dice. For Titian, Yui and to a lesser degree Evlen I have a few idea already. Michael less so but don't worry Forza I'll pm you so we can discuss it further.
If any of you don't want to do that sort of things just tell me and you can continue playing your character in the main campaign normally.

-I want to introduce a new houserule, a new way to use magic item. It would work as follow:
You can choose to buy a item in tatoo form, but it as a few advantage and drawback.
Advantage:
It can't be stollen or destroyed (not mid combat anyway)
If you are subject to a dispell magic effect that would suppres it's effect you can make a Fort save (DC depending on the effect but based on the formula 10 + level + modifier) to have it remain active.
It's not readily visible if hidden by clothing.
It cost a little less because you don't need to pay for the masterwork base item (not much of a difference true but it's there)
Drawback:
You need to be present for the last 24 hours of the creation fo the item.
You cannot wear another item in the same body slot.
The "item/tatoo" cannot be sold or improved only replaced. (you cannot improved a tatoo of healt +2 into a tatoo of healt +4) The previous one must be destroyed (dealing 2 points of con damage) and the nex one (at full price) installed in its place.
It only apply to item that can be worn into body slot except armor.
Finally it can only be used on item with a continual effect not one with charge or one activate with an action.

I'll be honest with you that houserule is mostly to give your foe magic item (notably +con item) without submerging you with identical and unnoriginal magic item or increassing your WBL way beyond the norm.

ForzaFiori
2012-12-10, 01:57 PM
1) New tone: Sounds awesome! I haven't played an urban campaign in a while, it'll be nice to try it again.

2) side quests: awesome again! I've sent you a response to the PM you sent.

3) items: Seems legit. I'm not sure if I'll use them, but it's always good to have strong enough enemies without blowing WBL out of the water. You could also just institute rule 0 and change the monsters to begin with if you want. I doubt anyone here is going to pull out their MM and get angry cause something is stronger than it normally would be.

Beschoren
2012-12-10, 08:13 PM
these are very good ideas! I greatly aprove them all and might just copy some of them to my games.

Rofftops be ready! there's a non-afiliated ninja on the lose!

Duncfoo
2012-12-10, 11:02 PM
1.) I would love some change up for the game... let's see how the Change effected some of the world in other ways beyond exploration.

2.) Side quest - Gooood

3.) I agree with Forza, Insitute rule 0 and change the monsters. If you ever play in a game with me as the DM I very rarely follow the MM. Do what you want to make your monsters survivable. I've been known to give the monsters abilities mid battle to even things up. You can do all that without screwing the players.

bindin garoth
2012-12-10, 11:32 PM
1. Urban campaigning............ :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin: Sounds good to me!

2. Sounds good to me! I can list a few ideas if you need some inspiration.

3. I'd have to agree with Forza on this. No need to make it complicated on yourself.

zagan
2012-12-11, 05:50 PM
Great, I'm glad you approve. As for the houserul of course I could simply just give more hp to monster of max hp per HD or something but It would feel like cheating to me (I may still use the max hp per HD for really important boss though). It would be too easy, while with that houserule it's fair because you can use it too (even if I doubt you will).

Also one last thing I forget to say, my internet acces may be spotty in the comming weeks, I will try to update regularly but don't be surprise if I don't.

bindin garoth
2012-12-12, 09:02 PM
It's no problem! Just whenever you're able to Zagan!

And in other news......... What's everyone up to? :smalltongue:

Besides watching a certain pyromaniac attempting to burn down a tavern :smalltongue:...... Duncfoo, you better not stop him!

Duncfoo
2012-12-14, 01:07 PM
Well Bindin I'm mostly fighting sickness. This December has been brutal on my health...

Ok, I'm brutal on my health. I never sleep because I spend all my time going out dancing. And Carousing. And playing some music. And dancing. And twirling my mustache.

And I just got a promotion that should start in January. I worked my butt off for it (5 interviews!)... including running a telephone mock sales meeting when I had a crazy fever.

It seems like everyone else is in school. Hey Beschoren, now that you are a Dr. what is your next step? Do you go work for a new business or head to some agri-business?

ForzaFiori
2012-12-14, 05:28 PM
Like Duncfoo said, I'm in school. Just finished finals, and I'll be senior next semester (woo!) I'll probably spend 3 semesters as a senior though, since I'm trying to work out a way to study abroad next fall, which won't really do anything to help me get my degree since I've already done most of my electives.

bindin garoth
2012-12-14, 11:35 PM
Duncfoo,

That's great man! Good job with landing the promotion, I'm sure you had to work your a$$ off!

What do you do anyways? :smalltongue:

Forzafiori,

So whatcha studying? Studying abroad sounds like fun!

Beschoren,

You're a doctor!?

That's great man! How does it feel?

To All,

I am currently dealing with some very serious family...... Matters at the moment. Posting times may fluctuate a little, and may seem angry at times. It's not any of you, it's just what's happening in RL....... Stupid RL. :smalltongue:

ForzaFiori
2012-12-15, 02:16 AM
I'm a history major, with a minor in philosophy. Basically, I wanna flip burgers for a living. :smalltongue:

bindin garoth
2012-12-15, 10:05 AM
I'm a history major, with a minor in philosophy. Basically, I wanna flip burgers for a living. :smalltongue:

I can see it now........ You give a guy the one hamburger that will change his life :smallbiggrin:

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!

The Holy Grail Hamburger!!!!!

:smallbiggrin:

Edit: In all seriousness though, good luck finding a job after you finish school! It's a tough tough world out there........ And thus, why we have D&D :smalltongue:

ForzaFiori
2012-12-15, 04:27 PM
I can see it now........ You give a guy the one hamburger that will change his life :smallbiggrin:

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!

The Holy Grail Hamburger!!!!!

:smallbiggrin:

Edit: In all seriousness though, good luck finding a job after you finish school! It's a tough tough world out there........ And thus, why we have D&D :smalltongue:

Indeed it is. I'm hoping to get into Teach for America when I graduate though. It's hard to do, but if you get accepted, you get trained to teach, sent to a poorly performing school, and spend 2 years teaching for a full salary and benefits, and they'll help you get your teaching certificate for any state while you work. I'm hoping to go through that, get a masters while I teach, then move onto teaching college level stuff.

zagan
2012-12-16, 09:43 AM
I hope you will get better Duncfoo.

As for Beshoren and Forzafiori, I'm impressed. A doctor in genetic and a futur history teacher. I'm DMing for the elite of the USA. :smallamused:

Posting IC soon.

Beschoren
2012-12-17, 10:17 PM
Hey Beschoren, now that you are a Dr. what is your next step? Do you go work for a new business or head to some agri-business?

As for Beshoren and Forzafiori, I'm impressed. A doctor in genetic and a futur history teacher. I'm DMing for the elite of the USA. :smallamused:

Er, actually I'm not a doctor yet. I'm making my doctorate on genetics (microbiology-agriculture related stuff still 3.5 years to go) but got a master dreege on genetics. Also, I'm not from/in USA, I'm in south Brazil. future plan is to build a clone army and take over the world, bwahahahah.

neat! is there any hint of natural history on that? My evolution teacher is crazy about history of science and I could hand you a few rare papers.

ForzaFiori
2012-12-18, 02:12 AM
I study the history of everything, to be honest. That's part of why I picked the major - I can study almost anything and have it work into history, just by studying the history of the subject. Philosophy, religion, science, pretty much anything.

Beschoren
2012-12-18, 06:56 AM
I study the history of everything, to be honest. That's part of why I picked the major - I can study almost anything and have it work into history, just by studying the history of the subject. Philosophy, religion, science, pretty much anything.

Ever got you hands on zoological phylosophy o Jean Batipste Lamark (AKA just Lamark)? It's striking on how much better of a writer the poor unrecognized guy was comparing to good old Darwin. You can also see that whole tree of life thingy on his writings already.

sadly the .pdf is 25mb <o>

But it still is choking when you see the part on his biography where he tries to hand over this book to Napoleon.

EDIT: I'll jsut copy-paste a few parts here if the Napoleon thing got you curious

biography - makes our party seems like a ragtag of children

INTRODUCTION.
ß I. Life.
Jean-Baptiste-Pierre-Antoine de Monet de Lamarck
was born on Aug. 1st, 1744, at Bazantin, a village in Picardy,
now known as the Department of the Somme. He was
the eleventh and youngest child of his parents, and belonged
to a family of nobility which had for generations past been
devoted to military pursuits. A number of his brothers
carried on the family tradition by entering the French
army ; but Jean himself was destined by his father for an
ecclesiastical career, and was entered as a student at the
Jesuit College at Amiens. Yet he himself had no inclination
to the calling desired by his father ; and on the death of
the latter in 1760, he made immediate use of his new liberty
to leave the Jesuit College and join the French army, which
was then in Germany, near the end of the Seven Years' War.
He bought a horse and rode through France and part of
Germany, until he reached the French lines on the eve of
the Battle of Fissingshausen. He carried with him a letter
of introduction to the colonel of one ofthe infantry regiments;
and on the following morning placed himself in a company
of Grenadiers. The battle of Fissingshausen was fought and
lost : the French retreated : all the officers of Lamarck's
company were killed, and the command fell upon him. His
courage was such that his colonel took him that very evening
to the Field-Marshal, by whomhe was appointed an officer
Shortly afterwards Lamarck was promoted to the rank
of lieutenant. Peace being declared, he spent five years in
garrison, first at Toulon, then at Monaco. While at Monaco,
one of his comrades in horseplay lifted him up by the head.
Inflammation of the lymphatic glands of the neck ensued.
He had to abandon his profession, and proceeded to Paris,
where after some delay a complicated operation was per-
formed, which cured him at the expense of deep and per-
manent scars.
^
Lamarck was now thrown upon the world at the age of
22, damaged in health, and with no other resources than a
pension of 400 francs a year. For a year he lived in a garret
in Paris, and earned a living as a clerk in a bank. Then he
entered upon a course of medicine lasting, according to
Bourguin, four years, during part of which time he lived
with his eldest brother in a village near Paris. While in
garrison, Lamarck had already acquired an interest in
botany, and when studying medicine, developed his know-
ledge of it. It was through this means that he came into
contact with Jean-Jacques Rousseau ; and the two
philosophers made botanical excursions together. It was
possibly through Rousseau's influence that Lamarck thought
of devoting himself entirely to music ; but he was dissuaded
by his brother. Botany, however, absorbed him to such
an extent that he abandoned medicine, and entered upon
a course of botanical study lasting ten years, at the end of
which he published his Flore FranÁaise, with a preface by
Daubenton.
France was now at the zenith of her philosophic career.
Scientific and philosophic subjects were discussed even in
the world of fashionable society : and the publication of
Lamarck's work, in which also BufTon had assisted, brought
him into immediate fame. In 1779 he was elected into the
Academy of Sciences over the head of Descemet.
Two years later Buifon obtained for Lamarck a commis-
sion from the king to visit a number of foreign botanical
gardens and museums. In company with Buffon's son he
travelled through Germany, Hungary and Holland, collecting
rare plants, meeting eminent foreign botanists, and making
notes for the use of the Jardin du Roi at Paris. On his
return in 1782, when he was 38, he still had no salaried
position, but was shortly afterwards appointed keeper of
the Herbarium at the Jardin du Roi, with the wretched
salary of 1000 francs a year. But even this position was
very insecure, and in 1790 its suppression was recommended
by the Comitť des Finances to the Assemblťe Nationale.
Lamarck published two pamphlets to emphasise the necessity
for continuing the office ; to state his own claims for being
restored to it ; and to submit to the Assemblťe a general
scheme for the reorganisation of the Jardin du Roi, by which
it should become of general use to science, the arts and
commerce.
For another two or three years he appears to have held
some botanical position in the Jardin du Roi, or, as it became
about this time, the Jardin des Plantes. But at last, in 1793,
the scheme of reorganisation was carried by the National
Convention, and the Musťum d'Histoire Naturelle was founded.
There is not much clue to Lamarck's views on the Revolu-
tion, although it is stated by de Mortillet that the change
of name of the Jardin du Roi was at the instigation of
Lamarck. There is no doubt, moreover, that Lamarck's
scheme of reorganisation, written in 1790, was to a great
extent embodied in the scheme actually voted by the Con-
vention three years later : under which the Musťum
d'Histoire Naturelle received the constitution which it
still possesses at the present day. Two chairs of zoology
were created : one of which was devoted to mammals, birds,
reptiles and fishes, while the other was devoted to the
*'inferior animals"
(the insects and worms of Linnaeus)
or, as Michelet called it,
"
Vinconnu.^^ To the first chair,
Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire was appointed, then a young man of
22. For the second chair, containing the unknown part of
the Animal Kingdom, there were no obviously suitable
candidates. Lamarck was a botanist of 25 years standing,
but the chair of botany had passed to Desfontaine, and
there now seemed nothing suitable remaining for him except
this chair of zoological remnants, to which accordingly he
was appointed at a salary of 2868 livres, 6 sous, 8 deniers.
The record of persons attached to the Museum d'Histoire
Naturelle in 1794 contains the title of his chair :
" Lamarck ó fifty years old ; married for the second time ; wife
enceinte ; six children; professor of zoology, insects, worms
and microscopic animals." ^ Nevertheless, Lamarck passed
the remainder of his life in straitened circumstances : he
married altogether four times, and had seven children.
The collection of invertebrate animals already accumulated
at the Museum was immense, and Lamarck soon found that
his share of the Animal Kingdom included by far the greater
number of all existing species. His knowledge of zoology
was limited to the sphere of conchology, where he had
acquired some information, partly through intercourse with
his friend Bruguiere, and partly through a collection of
shells that he had formed for himself. From the date of
his appointment, however, he practically abandoned botany,
and threw himself fervently into the study of invertebrate
zoology. The results of his researches were published in
seven volumes in his great work Histoire Naturelle des
Animaux sans vertŤbres, 1815-1822. Lamarck's other works
included a number of publications on meteorology, a subject
in which he had taken an interest from early days, when
from his garret window at the top of a high house in Paris,
he could see nothing but the clouds passing by, and lay
speculating on their varied shapes and movements. But,
like Goethe with his Farbenlehre, Lamarck failed on this
subject either to reach any important conclusion or to secure
the approval of his contemporaries. He attacked the
chemistry of Lavoisier and Berthollet, which further com-
pleted the discredit in which his excursions outside biology-
involved him. His only remaining great work is the
Philosophie Zoologique, published in 1809, the translation of
which is herewith presented to the public, and to which I
shall confine the remaining sections of my Introduction.
Lamarck died at the end of 1829, at the age of 85. The
end of his life was passed in melancholy circimastances.
During his last ten years, he became totally blind ; this was
due, it was said, to constant strain of eyesight in microscopic
work. But he was faithfully attended by his two daughters,
to one of whom he dictated the final portion of the Animaux
sans vertŤbres. The scientific world of his time rejected his
theories of transformism ; Cuvier, who was firmly convinced
of the fixity of species, became the most famous and fashion-
able biologist of the time, and Lamarck's influence was
completely overshadowed. Arago, in his Histoire de ma
Jeunesse, relates the story of his meeting with Napoleon.
The Emperor was receiving the Members of the Institute
at the Tuileries, and Lamarck attended, carrying with him
his latest work, which happened to be the Philosophie
Zoologique, to present to Napoleon. Napoleon first spoke to
Arago, who had just been elected to the Institute, and then
passed to Lamarck.
" Napoleon," says Arago," passed
from me to another member of the Institute : a naturalist
famous for his brilliant and important discoveries, M.
Lamarck." The old man presented Napoleon with a book.
"What is this ?" said the Emperor. "Is it your absurd
Mťtťorologie with which you are disgracing your old age ?
Write on natural history, and I will receive your works with
pleasure. This volume I only accept out of consideration
for your grey hair. Here !" and he handed the book to
an aide-de-camp. Lamarck, who had been vainly endeavour-
ing to explain that it was a work on natural history, was
weak enough to burst into tears.
Od his death, no permanent grave was provided for him.
His remains were carried to the cemetery of Montparnasse;
but for some reason no burial lot was obtained. His body
was placed in a trench, cleared out once every five years
for the reception of new bodies. No monument marked the
site : but an unknown hand wrote on the margin of the
register : "To the left of M. Dassas." The position of the
trench is thus known, but Lamarck's bones have probably
long since been removed, and their identity irretrievably
lost among vast quantities of others thrown together in
the Catacombs of Paris.

table of contents of the book, so you can get a picture

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction xvii
Life ó The Philosophie Zoologique ó Zoology Evolution ó In-
heritance of acquired characters ó Classification ó Physiology
Psychology ó Conclusion.
Preface
Object of the work, and general observations on the subjects
dealt with in it.
Preliminary Discourse 9
Some general considerations on the interest of the study of
animals and their organisation, especially among the most
imperfect.
PAKT I.
CONSIDERATIONS ON THE NATURAL HISTORY OF ANIMALS, THEIR
CHARACTERS, AFFINITIES, ORGANISATION. CLASSIFICATION
AND SPECIES.
CHAP.
I. On Artificial Devices in dealing with the Pro-
ductions OF Nature 19
How schematic classifications, classes, orders, families, genera
and nomenclature are only artificial devices.
II. Importance of the Consideration of Affinities - 29
How a knowledge of the afl&nities between the known natural
productions lies at the base of natural science, and is the funda-
mental factor in a general classification of animals.
III. Of Species among Living Bodies, and the Idea that
WE should attach to that word - - - 35
That it is not true that Species are as old as Nature, and have
aU been in existence for an equal period ; but that it is true that
they have beenformed one after another, that they have only a rela-
tive constancy, and are only invariable temporarily.
IV. General Principles concerning Animals - - - 47
The actions of animals only take place by means of movements
that are stimulated, and not transmitted from without. Irri-
tability is a faculty which they all possess, and is not found except
in animals : it is the source of their actions. It is not true that
all animals possess feeling, nor the faculty of carrying out acts
of will.
V. On the True Arrangement and Classification of
Animals 56
That animals may be arranged, as regards their larger groups,
in a series which exhibits a gradually increasing complexity of
organisation ; that the knowledge of the affinities between the
various animals is our only guide in determining this series, and
that the use of this method dispenses with arbitrary judgments ;
lastly, that the number of the lines of demarcation, by which
classes are established, has to be increased in correspondence with
our knowledge of the different systems of organisation, so that the
series now presents fourteen distinct classes, of great service in
the study of animals.
VI. Degradation and Simplification of Organisation,
from one Extremity to the other of the Ani-
mal Chain, proceeding from the most complex
TO THE simplest - - 68
That it is a positive fact that on following the animal chain in
the usual direction from the most perfect to the most imperfect
animals, we observe an increasing degradation and simplification
of organisation ; that, consequently on traversing the animal
scale in the opposite direction, that is to say, in the same order
as Nature's, we shall find an increasing complexity in the organisa-
tion of animals, a complexity which would advance with evenness
and regularity, if the environmental conditions, mode of life, etc.,
did not occasion many anomalies in it.
VII. Of the Influence of the Environment on the
Activities and Habits of Animals, and the
Influence of the Activities and Habits of these
Living Bodies in modifying their Organisation
and Structure - 106
How the environment acts upon the organisation, general form
and structure of animals ; how changes subsequently occurring
in their environment, mode of life, etc., involve corresponding
changes in the activities of animals ; lastly, how a change in the
activities, which has become permanent, involves on the one
hand more frequent use of certain parts of the animal, thus
developing and enlarging them proportionally ; while, on the
other hand, this same change diminishes and sometimes abolishes
the use of certain other parts, thus acting unfavourably on their
development, reducing them, and finally causing their disappear-
ance.
(See the Additions at the end of Part I.)
VIII. Of the Natural Order of Animals, and the way
in which their classification should be drawn
up, so as to be in conformity with the actual
Order of Nature - 128
That the natural order of animals constitutes a series, which
we should traverse from the most imperfect animals to the most
perfect, in order to be in harmony with the order of Nature ; for
Nature did not bring them all into existence at the same moment.
Since she had to form them in turn, she was obUged to begin with
the simplest, and only produced at the end those with the most
complex organisation. That the classification presented here-
with is unquestionably the one that approaches most nearly to
the order of Nature ; so that if there are any corrections to be
made in it, it can only be in matters of detail ; 1 believe, for
instance, that the Naked Polyps should form the third order of
the class, and the Floating Polyps the fourth.
Additions to the Subject-matter of Chaps. VII. and VIII. 173
PART II.
AN ENQUIRY INTO THE PHYSICAL CAUSES OF LIFE, THE CON-
DITIONS REQUIRED FOR ITS EXISTENCE, THE EXCITING FORCE
OF ITS MOVEMENTS, THE FACULTIES WHICH IT CONFERS ON
BODIES POSSESSING IT, AND THE RESULTS OF ITS PRESENCE
IN THOSE BODIES.
Introduction - - - - - - - - - - 183
Some general considerations on nature, and her power to create
life and organisation, and subsequently to increase the complexity
of the latter. In all these operations, she works only by the action
of various moving fluids on supple bodies, which are modified,
organised, and animated by these fluids.
I. Comparison of Inorganic Bodies with Living Bodies,
FOLLOWED BY A PARALLEL BETWEEN AnIMALS
AND Plants 191
That there is a great difference between living bodies and inor-
ganic bodies. That animals are essentially distinguished from
plants by Irritability, which is possessed exclusively by the former,
and which enables their parts to makesudden movements, repeated
as often as they are stimulated by exciting causes, ó a pecuharity
which does not occur in any plant.
II. Of Life, what it consists of, and the Conditions of
ITS Existence in a Body 201
That life in itself is a purely physical phenomenon, which
gradually gives rise to many other phenomena, and which is due
exclusively to the relations existing between the adapted con-
taining parts of a body, the contained fluids moving in them, and
the exciting cause of the movements and changes which take
place in the body.
III. Of the Exciting Cause of Organic Movements - 211
That the organic movements, as also the movements which
constitute the actions of animals, are not communicated, but
etimulated by the activity of an exciting cause, which is not part
of the bodies it animates and does not perish like them ; that
this cause resides in the invisible, subtle, expansive fluids, con-
stantly in agitation, which penetrate into, or are incessantly
being developed in the bodies which they animate.
IV. Of Orgasm and Irritability 219
That the exciting cause of organic movements sets up in the
supple parts of living bodies, especially of animals, an orgasm
which is essential for the preservation of life ; and which, in the
case of animals, confers on the parts which possess it the faculty of
being irritable.
That Irritability is a faculty belonging exclusively to the supple
parts of animals, that it confers on them the power of producing
local manifestations which are repeated as often as the instigating
cause is brought to bear ; lastly, that this faculty is essentially
distinct from that of feeling.
V. Of Cellular Tissue, regarded as the Matrix in
which all Organisation has been cast - - 230
That cellular tissue is the universal matrix of aU organisation,
and that the movementof fluids in this tissue is the meansemployed
by nature for the creation and gradual development of the organs,
at the expense of the tissue in question.
VI. Of Direct or Spontaneous Generation - - - 236
That, since all living bodies are productions of nature, she
must herself have organised the simplest of such bodies, endowed
them directly with life, and with the faculties pecuHar to living
bodies.
That by means of these direct generations formed at the
beginning both of the animal and vegetable scales, nature has
ultimately conferred existence on all other living bodies in turn.
VII. Of the Immediate Results of Life in a Body - - 249
That it is not true that living bodies have the faculty of resisting
the laws and forces to which all non-living bodies are subject, nor
that they are controlled by laws peculiar to themselves ; but, on
the contrary, that it is true that the laws, which regulate the
changes occurring in bodies, meet with very different conditions
in living bodies from those that they find in lifeless bodies, and
hence work upon the former results very different from those
worked upon the latter.
That living bodies have the faculty of building up their own
substance for themselves and thus forming combinations which
would never have come into existence without them ; hence their
remains furnish the material which serves for the formation of the
various minerals.
VIII. Of the Faculties common to all Living Bodies - 259
That life endows all bodies which possess it with certain faculties
in common, and that the production of these faculties requires no
special organ whatever, but only such a state of things in the
parts of these bodies as may enable life to exist in them.
IX. Of the Faculties peculiar to certain Living Bodies 265
That, in addition to the faculties conferred by life on all living
bodies, some living bodies have faculties which are altogether
peculiar to themselves. Now observation shows that these latter
faculties only arise, when special organs, capable of producing
them, exist in the animals possessing such faculties.
Summary of Part IL 280
PAET III.
AN ENQUIRY INTO THE PHYSICAL CAUSES OF FEELING, INTO THE
FORCE WHICH PRODUCES ACTIONS, AND LASTLY INTO THE
origin OF THE ACTS OF INTELLIGENCE OBSERVED IN
VARIOUS ANIMALS.
Introduction -285
Some general observations on the means possessed by nature,
for giving rise in living bodies to the phenomena known as sensa-
tions, ideas and the various acts of intelligence.
I. Of the Nervous System, its Formation, and the 291
various sorts of Functions that it can fulfil
That the system of organs, called the nervous system, is limited
to certain animals, and that among those which possess it, it is
found in different degrees of complexity and perfection ;that
this system confers on some animals only the faculty of muscular
movement, on others this faculty together with that of feehng,
and on others again these two faculties together with that offorming
ideas, and of carrying out by this means various acts of intelli-
gence.
That the system of organs under examination fulfils four very
different kinds of functions, but only when it has reached a com-
plexity sufficient to give it the power of doing so.
II. Of the Nervous Fluid 314
That there is developed in the bodies of certain animals a very
subtle, invisible, containable fluid, remarkable for the rapidity
of its movements ; that this fluid has the faculty of exciting
muscular movement, and that by its means nerves which are
affected produce feeling ; that, when its entire mass is agitated, it
gives rise to inner emotions ; and that finally it is the singular
agent by which ideas and all intellectual acts are formed.
III. Of Physical Sensibility and the Mechanism op
Sensations - - - 321
That it is not true that any matter, or any part of a living body,
can have in itself the faculty of feeling ; but that it is true that
feeling is a phenomenon resulting from the functions of a special
system of organs capable of giving rise to it.
That feeling is the result of action upon the subtle nervous
fluid of an affected nerve, which is propagated throughout the
nervous fluid of the sensitive system, and is terminated by a
general reaction which is carried back to the individual's inner
feeling and to the point affected.
IV. Of the Inner Feeling, the Emotions that it may
experience, and the Power which it thence
derives for the production of actions - - 332
That the inner feeling results from the totality of internal
sensations produced by the vital movements, and from the fact
that all parts of the nervous fluid are in communication so as to
form a single though divided whole, which is capable of acquiring
those general agitations termed emotions.
That this inner feeling is the bond of union between the
physical and moral, and the origin of both ; that the feeling in
question on the one hand acquaints the individual with sensations
that he experiences (whence the physical) ; and, on the other
hand, gives him consciousness of his ideas and thoughts (whence
the moral) ; and lastly, as a result of emotions aroused by needs,
causes the individual to act without any participation of his will
(whence instinct).
V. Of the Force which produces the Actions of Ani-
mals, AND OF certain PECULIAR FACTS RESULTING
FROM THE USE OF THIS FORCE - - . - 343
That since muscular action is a power fully adequate for the
production of the movements performed by animals, and since
nervous influence is able to excite that muscular action, such
animals as have physical feeling possess in their inner feeling a
power quite capable of driving to the muscles the fluid which
excites their movements ; and it is in fact by its emotions that
this feeling obtains the force to work the muscles.
Of THE Consumption and Drainage of the Nervous
Fluid in the Production of Animal Actions - 348
Of the Origin of the Propensity towards repeating
THE Same Actions --.-.. 349
Of Instinct in Animals - 350
Of Skill in Certain Animals 353
VI. Of the Will -------- 355
That, since the will always results from a judgment, and since
a judgment necessarily arises from a comparison of ideas, a
thought, or some impression that causes it, every act of will is
an act of intelligence, and that consequently only animals with
a special organ for intelligence can carry out acts of will.
That, since the will always depends on a judgment, not only
is it never really free, but, since judgments are liable to numerous
causes of error, the will resulting from them is less reliable than
instinct in the inner feeling driven by some need.
VII. Of the Understanding, its Origin, and the Origin
of Ideas - - 362
That all acts of the understanding require a special system of
organs for their execution ; that acquired ideas are the material
of all operations of the understanding ; that although every idea
is originally a sensation, every sensation need not become an
idea, since a special organ is necessary for its formation, and the
sensation, moreover, has to be noticed ; finally, that, in all acts of
intelligence, the nervous fluid is the only active factor, in that it
moves in the organ concerned, while the organ itself remains
passive, simply providing for the diversity of the operations by
the diversity of its parts.
CHAP. PAQB
VIII. Op the Principal Acts of the Understanding, or
THOSE OF THE FiRST OrDER FROM WHICH ALL THE
REST ARE DERIVED 379
That the principal acts of the understanding are attention, a
special preparatory state of the organ, without which none of its
acts could be produced ; thought, from which spring complex
ideas of all orders ; memory, whose acts, named recollections,
recall ideas of any kind, by bringing them again to the inner
feeling, or consciousness of the individual ; andjudgments, which
are the most important acts of the understanding, and without
which no reasoning, or act of will could be produced, nor any
knowledge be acquired.
Of Imagination - 388
Of Reason, and its Comparison with Instinct - 401
Index - 407

edition

ZOOLOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
LI
AN EXPOSITION WITH REGARD TO THE
NATURAL HISTORY OF ANIMALS
THE DIVERSITY OK THEIR ORGANISATION AND THE FACULTIES WHICH THEY
DERIVE FROM IT: THE PHYSICAL CAUSES WHICH MAINTAIN LIFE WITHIN
THEM AND GIVE RISE TO THEIR VARIOUS MOVEMENTS ; LASTLY, THOSE WHICH
PRODUCE FEELING AND INTELLIGENCE IN SOME AMONG THEM
BY
J.
B. LAMARCK
TRANSLATED, WITH AN INTRODUCTION, BY
HUGH ELLIOT
AUTHOR OF "modern SCIENCF. AND THE ILLUSIONS OP PROFESSOR BERGSON
'
EDITOR OF "the LETTERS OF JOHN STUAKT MILL," ETC., ETC.
H
HAFNER PUBLISHING COMPANY
New York and London

ForzaFiori
2012-12-18, 05:49 PM
Napoleon seems like a douche. Book seems interesting though. If I ever have time I may check it out.

Duncfoo
2012-12-18, 08:19 PM
I love to read about history... I have a Philosophy degree and a Business degree. Read about Napoleon, it's such an interesting time in european history. That crazy little douche bag made every mad and scared.

ForzaFiori
2012-12-18, 08:27 PM
Yea, the 18/19th century was generally kind of a bad time all around the world, as far as I've studied. Granted, I haven't studied the far east that much, so I don't know what was going on there.

ForzaFiori
2012-12-20, 08:58 PM
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know where we figured out how much WBL Michael and Titian had over Yui and Evlan? I'm thinking Michael may be making some donations in the coming days, and I wanted to make sure I gave enough, but not enough to screw the balance in the other direction.

zagan
2012-12-21, 01:48 PM
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know where we figured out how much WBL Michael and Titian had over Yui and Evlan? I'm thinking Michael may be making some donations in the coming days, and I wanted to make sure I gave enough, but not enough to screw the balance in the other direction.

Titian and Michael have around 20000 gp in excess.

Duncfoo
2012-12-27, 05:51 PM
Yui might be hopeful but I bet you give John two days before he explodes theartically. :)

Beschoren
2013-01-04, 07:40 AM
I'm still in vacation! I'll read and reply IC posts once I'm back to real life

zagan
2013-01-08, 04:18 AM
Yui wears one of his new outfits to the meetings, a dashing blue vest with silver trim over his freshly shined chainmail shirt. His cloak has been trimmed in silver along the edges and falls to behind his kness above his new but stout looking boots. His breeches are a tan leather color and as usual his face is obscured with a scarf. Even his bald spot is well polished.

As Yvan goes over the list of names Yui repeats them out loud, doing his best to try and remember them, although his memory has never been a strong suit. Yui perks up when Yvan mentions Bak Yst, "Can I meet this other spirit caller? I've never known another," Yu replies, when Yvan finishes her introductions. "Now, as to civil wars... Well somewhere there is always a troublemaker waiting to spark up. This just seems like the right opportunity. Clertep is lucky, just you crazy magicians in charge... Imagine if you were like that Pelor-ite Nusi Well you mentioned. 'Ohhh no the king is dead, well, dead-ish!'" Yui makes some theatrical hand motions, "Who is to trust them? It's a change anyways... But yeah. I'll help. Not sure how well I could put down a riot without killig half of them though."

empahis added.

Maybe It wasn't clear, all member of the council are currently sitting right there before you. Including Nusi Well headpriestess of Pelor do you really want to insult her right now ?
Also Yvan descripton of the council member was done in a low voice at the back of the room while the council member were talking, it's two separate discussion.

Duncfoo
2013-01-08, 08:13 PM
Yui won't be speaking loudly or with any idea if that is true or not. He is just parroting what Yvan said. If Nusi Well hears and takes offence, well, then we'll have an interesting interaction.

zagan
2013-01-11, 08:59 AM
http://coffeeforclosers.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/ike-facepalm.jpg

Do any other player wish to intervene before Yui is banned from the town, cursed, execute, caused a TPK or something even worse ?

Duncfoo
2013-01-11, 09:56 AM
:D hahaha Yui apologized. He might be confused about why she is insulted.

bindin garoth
2013-01-11, 10:05 AM
I'm too busy laughing right now to stop him :smalltongue:

I'll hopefully have a post up later today.

Beschoren
2013-01-11, 11:16 AM
Do any other player wish to intervene before Yui is banned from the town, cursed, execute, caused a TPK or something even worse ?

Titian is more inclined towards rescuing Yui form the a prision. his loyalty is torawd his friends, not this silly town. besides, Yui did apologize. This tortle will not respect the council out of a demmand or threat!

bring it on! about time I use really ninja skills to get my buddy off the executioner's axe

zagan
2013-01-11, 11:43 AM
He didn't appologize for the right thing and he implied the existence of a king that was never there. He's looking like a fool.

Duncfoo
2013-01-11, 03:32 PM
He didn't appologize for the right thing and he implied the existence of a king that was never there. He's looking like a fool.

Which I am ok with, he is supposed to be an old hermit.Yui doesn't really have a clue about local / regional politics. Is there a king somewhere who can't be a king now? It's an opportunity to engage with the council around their problems. Nusi might just be a stick in the mud!

zagan
2013-01-11, 04:58 PM
Which I am ok with, he is supposed to be an old hermit.Yui doesn't really have a clue about local / regional politics. Is there a king somewhere who can't be a king now? It's an opportunity to engage with the council around their problems. Nusi might just be a stick in the mud!

Yeah I understand that and I admit it's very good roleplay. But it really caugh me by surprise particularly the appology. I need to find a good response for that, I don't know when I will post next, probably sunday.
Just keep in mind that this will have consequence on Yui personaly and on the group as a whole, perhaps even on other that are associate with you like Yvan or the church of Boccob.

Duncfoo
2013-01-11, 06:39 PM
For me that is ok. But other members of the Group can veto if needed.
Is Nusi the most powerful member of this council? I look forward to complications :p

Beschoren
2013-01-11, 09:07 PM
Yeah I understand that and I admit it's very good roleplay. But it really caugh me by surprise particularly the appology. I need to find a good response for that, I don't know when I will post next, probably sunday.
Just keep in mind that this will have consequence on Yui personaly and on the group as a whole, perhaps even on other that are associate with you like Yvan or the church of Boccob.

the point of the game is having fun. affecting the wolrd and getting into ankward situations is the spark of d&d. and duncfoo is doing it both!

just anoter day my players were to rescue a princess. the spoiled the ritual she was into (made to keep herself pretty) and thus she became old and ugly. just today they ruined the chance to reverse that magic by slaing the dragon they were supose to sacrifice for the princess.

I say to let them take him arrested and then break Yui out of jail

ForzaFiori
2013-01-11, 09:18 PM
I'm up for a jailbreak. With a monk, ninja, and pyro, what could possibly go wrong? :smallamused:

bindin garoth
2013-01-13, 01:36 PM
I'm up for a jailbreak. With a monk, ninja, and pyro, what could possibly go wrong? :smallamused:

Nothing. :smallwink: Well, if nothing constitutes setting the town on fire, burning half of the village, burning the half of the head priest (I'd leave half for the rest), and probably destroying all of the notes on how to reverse the change :smalltongue:

I'm up for it. :smalltongue:

As a note, I think Pelor may intervine if Yui keeps it up though........ And I don't know if I can burn him. After all, he's can use the Epic Facepalm spell.....:

http://images.wikia.com/combatarms/images/f/f1/Super_Epic_Facepalm.jpg

Sorry for the late post, posting now.

Duncfoo
2013-01-20, 10:10 PM
DOH! Now it's facepalm time. I accidently deleted my subscription to the IC thread! I've been waiting for people to update. I am so sorry. I'll catch up.

Duncfoo
2013-01-21, 01:46 AM
Double Post: DRATS. Missed a change to mess with Lawful Good characters. I'll post tomorrow. Too much to do before bed tonight.

zagan
2013-01-21, 02:08 PM
Duncfoo I'm sorry but I'm not sure that I can accept your last post, it's not your fault but it was done way too late compared to what happened later. I would need to redo all my post from last week.
In addition while I like roleplaying I think you've gone a little too far here. Yui insult a headpriestess to her face in front of all her peer about an issue that he barely know anything about, he didn't appologize and he is the one getting angry after a ratter light punishment ? (I mean strip of a rank that he barelly used, forbidden from speaking in front a council that he will probably see once per month or something and forbidden entrance in area controlled by Pelor. (the last one is more important than it may seem but at first glance it's sound very minor for those that don't know anything Clertep, like Yui.))
So yeah, I'm a little confused there.

Duncfoo
2013-01-21, 04:59 PM
AI am still unsure why she was so insulted. Yui states the change would be the right place to stsrt a revolt. Yui agrees with Yvan that this headpriest is having problems with accepting the change in the first post and that we should be happy not everyone turned into half undead or weirder things... And Nusi Wells has a fit against an old hermit.

Are we having two different conversations?

zagan
2013-01-21, 05:16 PM
AI am still unsure why she was so insulted. Yui states the change would be the right place to stsrt a revolt. Yui agrees with Yvan that this headpriest is having problems with accepting the change in the first post and that we should be happy not everyone turned into half undead or weirder things... And Nusi Wells has a fit against an old hermit.

Are we having two different conversations?

No but Yui does not have all the fact in it's possesion, Nusi is particularly sensitive on that particular issue for reasons that may become know in game later if it's revelant.

Well somewhere there is always a troublemaker waiting to spark up. This just seems like the right opportunity. Clertep is lucky, just you crazy magicians in charge... Imagine if you were like that Pelor-ite Nusi Well you mentioned. 'Ohhh no the king is dead, well, dead-ish!'"

When hearing that, Nusi mostly heard that she was a troublemaker and a crazy magician (even if Yui mean it as a compliment). And also that she was prejudiced against those changed into undead. (It's mostly true but she doesn't like hearing about it.)
Also there's context to consider, if Yui has said that to Nusi in a private conversation she wouldn't have like it but would have let it pass as being from an excentric old man. But it was said in front of the whole council, with all her peers right there and not just a friendly gathering but during an official proceding, she need to do something otherwise she would have lost face. It's not fair to Yui but it's true.

Duncfoo
2013-01-21, 06:27 PM
No but Yui does not have all the fact in it's possesion, Nusi is particularly sensitive on that particular issue for reasons that may become know in game later if it's revelant.

<snip>

When hearing that, Nusi mostly heard that she was a troublemaker and a crazy magician (even if Yui mean it as a compliment). And also that she was prejudiced against those changed into undead. (It's mostly true but she doesn't like hearing about it.)
Also there's context to consider, if Yui has said that to Nusi in a private conversation she wouldn't have like it but would have let it pass as being from an excentric old man. But it was said in front of the whole council, with all her peers right there and not just a friendly gathering but during an official proceding, she need to do something otherwise she would have lost face. It's not fair to Yui but it's true.

Clarification: Yui didn't mean she was the trouble maker and was saying "the king is undead!" as just (dumb) hyperbole

Ok. I feel perfect about this. How else does a totally oblivious but very wise and charasmatic character make connection besides hunches and poor chance? This might (or might not) fit in great later.... especially because Nusi's reaction seems over the top. A priest of pelor denying service to someone? Isn't their mission "drown the world in good deeds" sort of thing? This makes hunches happen.

How about I change up the last post some; take the snark level down and have Yui call Nusi Well a stick in the mud OUTSIDE of the chamber in a mutter after getting walked / get drug out. It works because then the rest of the people have the group had their conversation, and that way Yui couldn't have been there to take part in it?

zagan
2013-01-22, 03:04 AM
Clarification: Yui didn't mean she was the trouble maker and was saying "the king is undead!" as just (dumb) hyperbole

Ok. I feel perfect about this. How else does a totally oblivious but very wise and charasmatic character make connection besides hunches and poor chance? This might (or might not) fit in great later.... especially because Nusi's reaction seems over the top. A priest of pelor denying service to someone? Isn't their mission "drown the world in good deeds" sort of thing? This makes hunches happen.

How about I change up the last post some; take the snark level down and have Yui call Nusi Well a stick in the mud OUTSIDE of the chamber in a mutter after getting walked / get drug out. It works because then the rest of the people have the group had their conversation, and that way Yui couldn't have been there to take part in it?

Yep that work thanks.

bindin garoth
2013-01-24, 09:13 PM
:smalltongue:

The table in the IC thread for some reason reminds me of the Deck of Many Things

Duncfoo
2013-01-25, 01:09 PM
I still haven't looked at it or my result yet! I hope it turns out silly.

Sorry for the poorly edited post. I was using my phone. I haven't had time to sit down for a few days to leisure time. My new job is great but a lot of work and stress! Which I wanted. My previous employment was so boring I was losing my mind.

ForzaFiori
2013-01-25, 03:39 PM
I have. And might I say, I'm really interested in how this will turn out.

zagan
2013-01-25, 04:39 PM
The most unexpected of result with a 1 minus to 1 point because of the action point, Yui find himself with one of the hidden result. Before posting IC I need to post it here because Duncfoo will need to make a choice.

0: Choose two option from the table one betwen 2 and 10 and one betwen 13 and 19. He gain the benefit of both.

You couldn't have rolled better. If you really don't want to choose then roll a d9 and a d7 (unconventional but possible on the forum)

As a DM the 21 option could have been interesting to see but it would have mean even more work for me so it end I prefer the actual one. For those curious I've put it in the following spoiler.

21: Yui lose the template and return to normal but it's exoskeletton detach from him and became an indepedent creature bend on killing him.

As for why I put the "best" option at 0 and the "worst" at the 21 it's just to do the unexpected. :smallbiggrin:

I need to know Duncfoo choice/rolls before posting IC.

--------------

On an unrelated subject I would ask that you all pay more attention to my posts, I never, not even once mentionned that Lingchan would cast the spell on Yui. So why he is the one doing so in Duncfoo last post ? :smallconfused:
I mean yeah my english is far from perfect but come on.

Duncfoo
2013-01-25, 05:19 PM
On an unrelated subject I would ask that you all pay more attention to my posts, I never, not even once mentionned that Lingchan would cast the spell on Yui. So why he is the one doing so in Duncfoo last post ? :smallconfused:

Sorry Beschoren, The start of this new years has engaged my real life in some crazy fun hard working ways. I'll try and be more attentive. I used Lingchan as the caster for fun AND because I thought he was the guy who cast the spell on the Undead we saw have his Template removed. Want me to remove it from my post?

Edit: I also want to add you are doing fine for language. And I making this portion fun for me (and hopefully everyone else)

Also: So I rolled the best option? TAKE THAT LUCK!
I just looked at the list. I can't decide if I want to roll or just take two awesome options. Some are great for RP... I'm heading home from work early today and I'll figure it out then.

zagan
2013-01-25, 05:36 PM
Sorry Beschoren, The start of this new years has engaged my real life in some crazy fun hard working ways. I'll try and be more attentive. I used Lingchan as the caster for fun AND because I thought he was the guy who cast the spell on the Undead we saw have his Template removed. Want me to remove it from my post?

I'm zagan :smalltongue:
Don't worry about it, you've already said that you where busy recently and I don't hold it against you. Just try to be more careful next time. And you can leave the post as is, it doesn't matter.

Edit: I also want to add you are doing fine for language. And I making this portion fun for me (and hopefully everyone else)

Thanks

Also: So I rolled the best option? TAKE THAT LUCK!
I just looked at the list. I can't decide if I want to roll or just take two awesome options. Some are great for RP... I'm heading home from work early today and I'll figure it out then.

I'm looking forward to your choice.

Duncfoo
2013-01-25, 08:31 PM
I'll take:
9 Gain a Spirit Companion (homebrew creature)
and
18 Seelie template

I like this combo because it's some fun. What happens when a Spirit Shaman becomes a Fey? Can we maybe have Trevor tore out of the spirit realm as my companion?

And now Yui is even prettier. Just what he wanted.

bindin garoth
2013-01-25, 11:45 PM

Opps........ I'll try to pay more attention!

On the other hand, congratulations Duncfoo, on getting the best result!

I'm excited to see the spirit companion. Hopefully I don't set him on fire :smalltongue:

zagan
2013-01-26, 04:24 AM
I'll take:
9 Gain a Spirit Companion (homebrew creature)
and
18 Seelie template

I like this combo because it's some fun. What happens when a Spirit Shaman becomes a Fey? Can we maybe have Trevor tore out of the spirit realm as my companion?

And now Yui is even prettier. Just what he wanted.

Making Trevor "real" was my idea as well, I'll stat it up soon but basically it will be an incorporeal badger with the fey type and a few trick. Mechanically it will work like the wild cohort feat.
Posting IC as soon as I can.

Beschoren
2013-01-26, 01:29 PM
On the other hand, congratulations Duncfoo, on getting the best result!

I protest! that was dumb luck! In my book, dumb luck is uncongratulatinable (if such word exists)

I congratulate him for putting himself as a target for the spell, the good fluffy choices, and the whole council thingy. anyway, let's carry on the game!

Duncfoo
2013-01-26, 07:28 PM
Updated Yui. Zagan want me to wait for you to post about Trevor or should i control all of that?

zagan
2013-01-27, 05:59 AM
I will make a brief post IC and then you'l be able to roleplay it from your perspective. (hopefully this afternoon (it's 12am for me when I'm posting))

zagan
2013-01-27, 11:16 AM
I've finished stating up Trevor, it's in the spoiler. Pay attention when reading it's entry a fair number of things are pretty complicated particulary the detail about his incorporality.
Those are only his base stat you need to "level him up" using the Wild cohort feat (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a) (ignore the bonus trick part). You can select for him any feat you want but as usual I may vetoed them if I think that they aren't appropriate or too powerful.

Trevor (Spirit badger)

NG Small Fey (Incorporeal)
Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (6 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft. (6 square), Burrow 10ft
Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-5
Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d2-1)
Full Attack: 2 claws +4 melee (1d2-1) and bite -1 melee (1d3-1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft
Special Attacks: Rage, Spirit Claws
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, Spirit Scent, Mixed Progression, Partial Incorporeality
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +3
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 13
Skills: Knowledge (geography) +4, Knowledge (nature) +4, Listen +5, Spot +5, Survival +7
Feats: Agile, TrackB, Weapon FinesseB
Environment: Temperate forest
Alignment: Neutral Good
Advancement: See Wild Cohort Feat

Partial Incorporeality: Despite possesing the Incorporeal subtype, Trevor does not gain all the benefit grant by it. As normal he is immune to nonmagical attack and he has a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source (see incorporeal subtype for more detail). Unlike a normal incorporeal creature he does not gain a deflection bonus equal to it's Charisma bonus, he instead gain one equal to his natural armor bonus. His natural armor bonus apply only against attack made by incorporeal creature and it's deflection bonus apply only against corporeal creature, in any case those bonus never stack he can only gain the benefit of his natural armor bonus or his deflection bonus not both against the same attack.
Like a normal incorporeal creature Trevor can enter or pass through solid objects with the same limitation (mainly remaining adjacent to the object exterior). This has one exception, Trevor can use his burrow speed to move below ground if it's made of earth, sand or other similar type of material. When doing so he does not need to remain adjacent to the surface.
Another difference is that Trevor's attack do not ignore natural armor, armor or shield bonus to AC.
Unlike other Incorporeal creature trevor cannot naturraly fly but he can gain one if granted byt a spell of similar effect. He can affect the physical world in a limited way he can make attack or knocked down an object or a creature but he cannot grab it, this also mean that while he cannot grapple or be grappled he can make trip attempt or be triped himself.
Trevor as negligible weight and does not trigger traps triggered by weight, he cannot be heard with Listen check unless he wish to be.
Finally Trevor does posses a strength score but only for the purpose of calculating it's attack and damage bonus.

Spirit Claws (Su): Trevor's claw are considered to posses the ghost touch weapon property.

Mixed Progression (Ex): Despite being a Fey Trevor progress as if he was both an animal and fey. In practice this mean that he posses d8 hit dices, ĺ Bab as a Cleric, Good saves in Fort, Ref and Will and gain 6 skills point per level. However unlike a normal Fey Trevor is not proficient with any armor or weapon.

Spirit Scent (Su): This work like the scent ability but in addition to being able to detect and track normal creature, Trevor can alos track incorporeal creature.

Yui's dependency (Su): Trevor cannot move more than 100ft away from Yui, if forced to do so he immediately dissapear and reapper adjacent to Yui 1d4 minutes later. In addition should he be brought to 0 or less hp he does not dies but simply dissapear. He reapper adjacent to Yui at full health 1d4 days later.

Rage (Ex) If Yui is reduced to less than a quarter of his maximum hit point Trevor immediately flies into a berserk rage, clawing and biting madly until either he or his opponent is dead. It gains +4 to Strength, +4 to Constitution, and -2 to Armor Class. He cannot end his rage voluntarily.

Skills: Trevor's gain a +2 racial bonus on Survival checks.

Duncfoo
2013-01-28, 11:59 AM
Can Trevor talk? He doesn't have link or Empathy with Yui like a familiar...

zagan
2013-01-28, 12:39 PM
Can Trevor talk? He doesn't have link or Empathy with Yui like a familiar...

Good question, I forgot about that. He is inteligent so he can at least talk to Yui.
I'll rule that he can talk to Yui and to anyone able to talk to spirit (spirit shaman and fey mostly). Other can't understand him but they know that he is talking not just making animal noise.

zagan
2013-01-31, 04:28 PM
Stats are updated on my sheet. I am still leveling up Trevor. Trying to decide what might be good feats for him. Can I use Incarnum feats or is that too cheesy? How about Animal Devotion and another domain?

Both incarnum feat and domain feat could be thematically appropriate yes, just let me know wich one interest you.

His skills are updated. I have 6 unspent skill points to assign. Could he also take knowledge Planes? (i think it's on the fae list)

Yeah okay.

bindin garoth
2013-01-31, 08:47 PM
Might I suggest the fey heritage feats from Complete Mage? You could get some versatility from the spell-like abilities from them?

So..... How do you guys want to handle the infiltration? Use my bird spying? Torch the city? Bite Nusi as hard as we can for what happened? :smalltongue:

ForzaFiori
2013-01-31, 09:14 PM
If we find where the groups meet, we should be able to infiltrate the changed group easily - all of us are changed, and should be welcome, and Michael (by being an evolutionist) and Yui (from being the only person to have their change changed by magic) might seem even better than normal. The other group could be spied upon with the bird, as well as by Titian if he doesn't want to chill at the meeting. Assuming Titians ninja skills are up for it?

Duncfoo
2013-02-04, 11:40 PM
Well, I took the Fae template to help some. We can definitely use the bird to help, Titian to scout (I think). Yui can now charm and suggestion a few times a day... And we can just start asking around! We have some fame right?

zagan
2013-02-05, 03:32 AM
I want to appologize for my delay in posting, got a few thing to deal with IRL.
In any case this time I need you to take some initiative.
If I understood right you want to investigate the changing cult first ?

bindin garoth
2013-02-05, 11:20 AM
That's what it sounds like.

I'm thinking I'll send my bird up and look around for anything suspicious while we figure out the best way.

ForzaFiori
2013-02-05, 06:38 PM
Yea, lets go check out the changed cult. Seems like it would be the easiest to get into.

Duncfoo
2013-02-06, 03:09 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Hide:[roll2]

Edit: Trevor is the worst spirit otter ever.

I think it might help to approach just as "wanting to know more". We can decide to join / inflitrate later. Normal people ask questions before they join a cult right?

Beschoren
2013-02-06, 03:28 PM
I think it might help to approach just as "wanting to know more". We can decide to join / inflitrate later. Normal people ask questions before they join a cult right?

Good idea. Titian is eager to do something anyway.

zagan
2013-03-04, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure if I understand what you want to do ?

You all go to the Inn and just let Yui talk or do you let Yui go first and join him a little later (at another table) to keep an eye on him ?

In either case does Yui take any precaution to hide his change ? (It's far less noticable now but by no mean impossible to detect)

ForzaFiori
2013-03-04, 05:58 PM
We are going to be in or around the place Yui meets up with them - maybe 2 of us in the inn, but trying to appear separate from Yui, and another just outside. If that's cool with the others.

Duncfoo
2013-03-04, 06:33 PM
I think even with the Fae change Yui can talk about wanting to get the change removed and what he tried. Gives him some credibility, shows some suffering.

I feel like we can split the party for a night on the town; Titian and Evlen watch the change Cult while Yui and Michael go to the inn and talk to the other side.

We can postpone one of the two if we just want to stick together.

zagan
2013-03-05, 05:16 PM
Well just let me know what you decid.

Good news, my shedule as finnaly gone back to something ressembling normallicy so I should be able to post more often and even go back to your sidequest by pm.

Beschoren
2013-03-05, 05:57 PM
We are going to be in or around the place Yui meets up with them - maybe 2 of us in the inn, but trying to appear separate from Yui, and another just outside. If that's cool with the others.

Agree. Titian rather stay inside since he has a melee reach only. obviously, I enter the inn with detect hostile intent manifested.

Go talky Yui go!

ForzaFiori
2013-03-05, 06:42 PM
Maybe leave Michael outside? He's fast, so he should be able to get into the inn pretty quickly.

Duncfoo
2013-03-06, 01:10 PM
The most dangerous part of our game - Yui being the face?

bindin garoth
2013-03-14, 05:47 AM
The most dangerous part of our game - Yui being the face?

Nah, unless we talk to the head priest of palor again :smalltongue:[

ForzaFiori
2013-03-17, 10:30 AM
I'm sorry for the short notice, but I will be away from the internet until Wednesday evening. I'm on vacation and my hotel doesn't have wifi.

Duncfoo
2013-03-20, 01:42 PM
Before I have Yui give away all the party secrets... Is the ritual to reverse the change supposed to be a secret right now? I don't remember reading it like that...

zagan
2013-03-20, 04:09 PM
It's not common knowledge but it will inevitably spread because people will realise if their neighboor isn't changed anymore. So no it's not a secret.

ForzaFiori
2013-03-20, 07:10 PM
I'm back to a place I can use the internet again.

Beschoren
2013-03-20, 08:26 PM
Titian will just chill with his beer while Yui does the talking. He's leave a good while after Yui leaves

ForzaFiori
2013-03-26, 08:40 PM
Question - The template project says energy creatures dont need to eat/drink, but says nothing about if the CAN or not. If Michael orders an ale, can he even drink it?

zagan
2013-03-27, 02:07 PM
Question - The template project says energy creatures dont need to eat/drink, but says nothing about if the CAN or not. If Michael orders an ale, can he even drink it?

Sorry I miss your post.

It's for you to decid if you CAN eat or drink, for an energy if your head is made of fire your could eat but not drink, if it's made of stone you could eat and drink without trouble but solid food like nuts would work better, if it's made of air it could be impossible and if it's made of water you could drink and eat soft food.

As long as you can come up with a reasonable explanation I'll allow it, it has no real mechanical impact.

zagan
2013-04-04, 02:37 PM
So for the next in-game day you are going to a reunion with the chanching culte in the morning and Yui goes to celebrate his pseudo "return to normal" at the Inn in the evening.
Do you wish to do anything else that day or can we skip to the next part ?

Duncfoo
2013-04-04, 02:51 PM
I'm ok with Skipping ahead. Yui has had a long enough day! I'll post some IC stuff.

bindin garoth
2013-04-04, 04:30 PM
I'm good with skipping ahead

ForzaFiori
2013-04-04, 05:10 PM
I'm cool with skipping ahead.

Beschoren
2013-04-04, 08:09 PM
carry on! eager to see heads things rolling

zagan
2013-05-03, 04:51 AM
Forzafiori: How do you want to handle your change of change visually ?
Gradually across the ten minute, sudden at the end, surround by white or dark light during the process hiding your features and at the end you've been changed, something else ?

ForzaFiori
2013-05-03, 01:06 PM
I was thinking something sudden and violent looking at the end. Just for the wow factor. Teach those people to not trust me, lol.

zagan
2013-06-07, 09:39 AM
I've got bad news, I've received a mp from binding garoth saying that he is leaving the game because of IRL trouble. I'll be npcing Evlen a little and when I can I'll find a way for him to leave the group.
I won't be recruiting anyone to replace him, I don't have the time to create yet another recruiting thread and a group of three should work fine, I'll simply readjust a little the futur encounter.

For now simply assume that Evlen as come back from his spying mission.
I'm waiting for someone to take initiative in the IC thread too.

zagan
2013-06-23, 11:31 AM
Still waiting on Yui action.

Duncfoo
2013-06-24, 12:05 AM
Sorry, long weekend. I will post when I get home tonight.

Duncfoo
2013-06-24, 04:46 PM
Well sad about Evlen not being played anymore. And man I wish I had taken the social Aura for the dragon people. Can I have my Aura set to Senses currently?

Sorry for the slow posting. The bottom fell out of my easy and normal and I haven't been at a computer much lately.

Duncfoo
2013-07-02, 06:00 PM
Fey Luck
Benefit
1 +2 luck bonus to all attack roll
2 +2 luck bonus to all weapon damage roll
3 +2 luck bonus to AC
4 +2 luck bonus on all saving throw
5 +2 luck bonus to all skill check
6 All of the above

[roll0] <-- Woot!

zagan
2013-07-06, 03:48 PM
Forzafiori: Even with the coin I need a diplomacy check for that, a stranger accost you on the street and ask to speak with you in a dark alley, yeah.

If the person in question agree does Titian accompany Michael ?

ForzaFiori
2013-07-06, 03:51 PM
one Diplo check: [roll0]

If it helps at all, Michael is dressed like a monk, which might subliminally say "I'm not going to murder you in an alley"

Duncfoo
2013-07-30, 04:26 PM
Diplomacy Check: [roll0]

Go diplomacy roll!

I've been excited for Yui better learn that the ritual really didn't work...

Beschoren
2013-08-02, 07:22 PM
yay! we found out who the bad guys are!

off with their heads!

ForzaFiori
2013-08-03, 12:51 AM
Or so we think... this could be a clever ruse by that changed cult... :p

Beschoren
2013-08-03, 01:08 AM
well i don't want to ruin the scene or anything but we don't have any battle for months in this game. Titian will pretend things are cool inside the tavern and will have his drink. if a barfight breaks out - bloodbath time!

zagan
2013-08-03, 01:15 PM
Did either Titian or Michael give the impression that they recognize Yui ?

And in the other direction did Yui "recognize" Titian and Michael ?

ForzaFiori
2013-08-03, 03:45 PM
Right now Michael is following Titians lead, so ill let Beschoren decide.

Duncfoo
2013-08-03, 04:54 PM
Posting more complicated things! =)

Duncfoo
2013-08-03, 05:35 PM
Maybe we can make a group intimidate check or something?

How is Yui playing out? I'm trying to go for even more confused after this ritual. The results are almost a direct refutation to his class (Spirit Guide / Anti Fey).

Beschoren
2013-08-03, 08:32 PM
Maybe we can make a group intimidate check or something?

How is Yui playing out? I'm trying to go for even more confused after this ritual. The results are almost a direct refutation to his class (Spirit Guide / Anti Fey).

his goffyness and overwall ankwardness are awesome. you even made enemies on the concil, yay!

zagan
2013-08-04, 03:44 PM
I will admit that I did not anticipate that devellopement in the bar, it was just suppose to be the begining of your investigation. I don't think it can turn into a battle (it wouldn't make sense for several reason).
I will be posting soon but I need to think about it.

Duncfo: don't worry it's not Yui fault this time.

ForzaFiori
2013-08-04, 03:54 PM
Its not really dnd unless youmake the dm rewrite the plot at least a few times :p

Beschoren
2013-08-04, 08:08 PM
I will admit that I did not anticipate that devellopement in the bar, it was just suppose to be the begining of your investigation. I don't think it can turn into a battle (it wouldn't make sense for several reason).
I will be posting soon but I need to think about it.

Duncfo: don't worry it's not Yui fault this time.

battle? what do you mean?? Titian just there for a drink! Yui is only having a chat and michael is simply walking in.

but, of course, barfights tent to happen at any large campaing at one point of the other =D

zagan
2013-08-05, 07:39 AM
Its not really dnd unless youmake the dm rewrite the plot at least a few times :p

Very true.

battle? what do you mean?? Titian just there for a drink! Yui is only having a chat and michael is simply walking in.

but, of course, barfights tent to happen at any large campaing at one point of the other =D

It's not a bar fight when you can kil them with one punch/tentacle, it's a slaughter.

Duncfoo
2013-08-09, 02:17 AM
Perhaps we follow up on Michael's lead?

Duncfoo
2013-08-14, 01:23 AM
Sorry August is the worse month for me. I'm preparing for Burning Man currently. I am in charge of a 20 person 10 day gourmet kitchen that has to somehow work in the desert. I'll be spotty the rest of the month and gone between August 21st and September 3rd.

zagan
2013-08-30, 03:19 PM
Changing world to Earth, anyone still there ? Beshoren, Forzafiori ?

ForzaFiori
2013-08-30, 03:48 PM
I'm here. Sorry - I told myself I'd put up a post after the first couple days of school were done with, and the mess from getting started lasted longer than I thought. Post will be up soon.

Beschoren
2013-08-31, 09:45 PM
i was terribly busy the last 15 days on a trip. back to normal now!

Duncfoo
2013-09-04, 11:51 PM
Just got back today. Recovering now. I will catch up soon.

Duncfoo
2013-09-06, 10:48 AM
Any 5th level or lower Druid spells that would help for this? I also have Gaseaous Form, Suggestion and Charm person from my Fey Heritage.

zagan
2013-09-07, 11:29 AM
Do you all discuss you plan in the middle of the street or do you first go back to your house ?

Beschoren
2013-09-07, 02:58 PM
Do you all discuss you plan in the middle of the street or do you first go back to your house ?

back to the hosue for sure! no need to shout covert actions in the street

Duncfoo
2013-09-07, 03:09 PM
We would either be at the temple or back at the house I think. Let's say at the safe house.

zagan
2013-09-08, 11:34 AM
Okay, just checking.

zagan
2013-09-30, 03:47 PM
When cedic was speaking of proof he was reponding to Yui, asking what proof could be used to prove his own idendity and mission.

Duncfoo
2013-10-16, 01:28 PM
Understood.

Let's try and collect some information real fast, I'm getting a little lost on our goals:

1.) Find if there is a problem with two groups, the Church of Change and the Unchanged

- Visited Church; saw service, no real clues or information. Seem mostly harmless
- Visited bar in richer district and made learned mostly caused problems.
- Got name of guy who is well connected to unchanged from a beggar
- Informed council of basic findings
- Getting assistance from a cleric of Oldimara through his boss The Silent One

2.) There is possibly a new drug in the city causing problems

Am I missing any important details? Besides the name of the guy we where thinking about doing some breaking and entering on?

zagan
2013-10-16, 01:32 PM
Nope that's it, a well made summary.