PDA

View Full Version : All the Alignments!

MesiDoomstalker
2012-10-06, 11:45 PM
I was randomly wondering, is it possible to have all four alignment subtypes at once? Or at the very least, ping in all four Detect Alignments? Bonus points if your actual alignment is True Neutral.

I assume starting with a non-neutral Outsider would be a good start. That is half the subtypes already.

Flickerdart
2012-10-06, 11:47 PM
A lawful good Succubus (which is an official WotC character that exists) would ping as all four alignments. So that's an easy one.

Duboris
2012-10-06, 11:52 PM
A lawful good Succubus (which is an official WotC character that exists) would ping as all four alignments. So that's an easy one.

Throw that into a player party, and every person you come across with a "Detect" isn't going to like you, most likely, however.

KillianHawkeye
2012-10-06, 11:56 PM
Throw that into a player party, and every person you come across with a "Detect" isn't going to like you, most likely, however.

In my experience, any NPC isn't going to like you anyway unless you're saving them from certain DOOM.

Duboris
2012-10-07, 12:10 AM
In defense of that statement, being a succubus wouldn't help.

Feralventas
2012-10-07, 12:32 AM
In defense of that statement, being a succubus wouldn't help.

What kind of succubus is Bad at getting people to Like them?

Duboris
2012-10-07, 12:34 AM
What kind of succubus is Bad at getting people to Like them?

... Totally forgot the whole "I have awesome tits" thing. Their Charisma is through the roof, too.

Sith_Happens
2012-10-07, 12:40 AM
... Totally forgot the whole "I have awesome tits" thing.

That sort of thing seems a little hard to forget considering it's their entire schtick.:smalltongue:

gr8artist
2012-10-07, 12:45 AM
Take all four template templates. Celestial, Fiendish, Resolute, Chaotic creature.

Doxkid
2012-10-07, 12:47 AM
2 minutes. Very nice work.

Flickerdart
2012-10-07, 01:08 AM
Take all four template templates. Celestial, Fiendish, Resolute, Chaotic creature.
Celestial and Fiendish don't grant [Good] or [Evil] subtypes.

Lord_Gareth
2012-10-07, 09:07 AM
Celestial and Fiendish don't grant [Good] or [Evil] subtypes.

And having those subtypes causes you to ping as that instead of your true alignment; that is, an LG subtype only pings as chaotic and evil, even though she's neither.

No word on how this interacts with a cleric's alignment aura, though.

Flickerdart
2012-10-07, 09:27 AM
And having those subtypes causes you to ping as that instead of your true alignment; that is, an LG subtype only pings as chaotic and evil, even though she's neither.

No word on how this interacts with a cleric's alignment aura, though.
Not instead, in addition to. "Any effect that depends on alignment affects a creature with (the [Evil]) subtype as if the creature has an evil alignment, no matter what its alignment actually is. The creature also suffers effects according to its actual alignment."