PDA

View Full Version : Prestige and Rage

ColdIron
2012-10-08, 12:33 AM
If I take a prestige class that stacks levels with barbarian rage do I still get rage improvements or is it only my rage per day that goes up?

KillianHawkeye
2012-10-08, 12:35 AM
I think it depends on the specific wording of the class.

silverwolfer
2012-10-08, 12:40 AM
Hmm what class you looking at is a better questoin for a prc answer.

ColdIron
2012-10-08, 09:20 AM
Firestorm berserker from Dragon #314.

silverwolfer
2012-10-08, 09:35 AM
In order to qualify to become a Firestorm Berserker, a character must meet the following criteria.

Alignment: Any non-lawful
Base Attack Bonus: +5

Skills: Intimidate 6 ranks

Feats: Great Fortitude, Toughness

Rage: 1/day

Special: The character must have consumed the blood or ichor of a powerful (CR 6 or more) creature with the “Fire” subtype.

Is this the one, just so I know correctly?

if so here is the next step

Rage (Ex): The character’s firestorm berserker levels stack with levels of the class from which he gained the rage ability for the purpose of determining his uses per day, and the strength of his rages (greater rage, mighty rage, etc).

from further review, you do not get any more rages per day, just super chargers what you can do while raged. So you will need to talk to your DM about how to gain more of them, or use this late in your build.

Honestly, the prc seems cool, but lacks strength on anything that is immune to fire * which if your Dm is any ounce of mean is often* An the lack of gaining new rages, makes you a one time superhero, before you revert back to mortal status.

Diovid
2012-10-08, 09:37 AM
Read closely, the Firestorm Berserkers rage ability reads as follows:

The character's firestorm berserker levels stack with levels of the class from which he gained the rage ability for the purpose of determining his uses per day.
And then it gets even more explicit:

He does not advance in any of the class's other abilities (damage reduction, fast speed, greater rage, uncanny dodge, or the like).
Silverwolfer, I'm apparently looking at a slightly different version of the class, with slightly different requirements and slightly different wording. Not that it matters in this case.

silverwolfer
2012-10-08, 09:47 AM
He was asking about rage, not the other barbarian abilities, and yes it could be we are looking at separate things.

ColdIron
2012-10-08, 10:24 AM
Diovid is looking at the same one as me and has answered my question perfectly. Thanks and case closed.