PDA

View Full Version : Burning Wheel Gold AP

fogrob
2012-10-08, 06:39 AM
Hello everyone and welcome to the Actual Play thread!

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-08, 06:45 AM
I'm here! And totally ready to figure things out!

fogrob
2012-10-08, 07:04 AM
So here's some questions that may help us define our world and situation. These are all blatantly stolen from the Adventure Burner.

What's the conflict? What are the characters involved in? What are the sides? What problem do they face?

Who opposes the goals of the characters? Who are these antagonists? What is the relationship between the antagonists and the characters?

What are the antagonists' goals? Why are the characters in their way?

Imagine a scene in which all of the characters are standing in a room with the antagonists or their minions.What do the antagonists want from that meeting? What do the characters want? Parley, redress slaughter?

Alternately, imagine the characters standing at the scene of some great disaster or calamity clearly caused by one of the antagonists.What's the disaster? How did it happen? What are the characters going to do about it right now?

And lastly, what's the raison d' etere? (Lukes' words) Why are the characters together as an inseperable group? What is the glue that binds them? Are they family, neighbors, friends, or fellow employees?

I'm hoping this will get you guys thinking and at least give you something to do over your morning coffee or tea.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-08, 07:15 AM
Well, if we're going with the idea that the true king is one of us, and the one on the throne is a fraud...

We could have it that the conflict is a subverted 'Prince and the Pauper' story, where some of the people in court did not like the way the king had acted, and replaced him with a look-a-like from the streets that they now control. The king, now with nothing to his name, is trying to gather up enough followers to challenge the new king and take his rightful place back on the throne. Or something similar.

Basically, we should draw lots / ask who wants to be the king first, then we can work out antagonists from there on.

fogrob
2012-10-08, 07:17 AM
I think I'm going to keep our game in one single thread instead of doing an IC and OOC thread. I'm hoping it will give it a real table "feel". To keep it from being too confusing, how about keeping all OOC talk under spoiler like so...

See how I hid my OOC discussion there? On the other hand, let's put in game descriptive text under italics.

The room stank and was covered with blood, filth, and gore, but still, the barbarian was able to eat his sandwich.

For actual spoken words, I was thinking of just using punctuation marks and switching the text color to blue.

"Does all this seem like it would keep things understandable?"

Obviously, this isn't necessary until we actually start playing.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-08, 08:31 AM
Can I make a request?

Is it possible to use an actual medium for OOC and conversations such as Edupad (edupad.ch) or something?

With Play by post games, having something we can all check on a daily basis makes games go a little faster in my opinion.

We can even use Skype if we must, just so we are all talking between posts.

fogrob
2012-10-08, 08:32 AM
Basically, we should draw lots / ask who wants to be the king first, then we can work out antagonists from there on.

So there it is. Who wants to be The One True King?

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-08, 08:34 AM
...I'm alright with NOT being the one true King..

fogrob
2012-10-08, 08:39 AM
Can I make a request?

Is it possible to use an actual medium for OOC and conversations such as Edupad (http://edupad.ch/fjOyjsWo03) or something?

With Play by post games, having something we can all check on a daily basis makes games go a little faster in my opinion.

We can even use Skype if we must, just so we are all talking between posts.

I thought about that as well, but was concerned about people (including myself) getting lost regarding where we were in regards to in game and in game questions. I'm worried about getting too spread out.

If you were talking about non-crucial/time sensitive discussions then I can see where the forums wouldn't be necessary. I'm also confused, why couldn't we check the forums just as easily as eduPad?

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-08, 09:03 AM
Because It includes a chat feature on the right that lets you see other people that are looking at it so you could have longer discussions, and a whiteboard on the left for keeping track of all the data from the game, both of which work so you don't have to keep backtracking to look at other people's character sheets, and have a place for player notes.

But it's an option, not a necessity. I just like keeping in communication with Pbpers in general.

Vesth
2012-10-08, 09:19 AM
I don't really like edupad, because people might forget to check it :/

If we're racking up a story, here's my suggestion:

The king had two sons. The elder is a smart lad, but doesn't feel that he has the leadership qualities; he likes to spend his time on his own hobbies, rather than leading the kingdom, a stressful job that he was sure he would screw up. The younger is very ambitious, and always dreamt of being king, and all the glory and fame that came with it. When the old king died, the elder prince, by right of age, was forced to take the throne, and soon after, he felt stuffled, unable to take the lack of freedom, and when his younger brother came to him with a suggestion that could allow him to live freely, he readily took it.

Using an elaborate ruse, supposedly 'poisoned' wine, and a bribed coroner, the elder son faked his death, and escaped to live the life he wanted to live. The younger brother took the mantle of king due to being next in line.

And so, both lived happily for the next few months.

However, a change came over the younger brother. He seemed more haggard, more tired, and was rumored to even hallucinate at times, to the point of talking to some imaginary figure, or flinching at the sight of mere shadows and the like.

And while he seems more and more listless as well as being unable to sleep properly at night, he declared that he is distraught by the death of his brother, and that the months of denial finally caught up with him. He swore that he would find his brother's killer, and bring him to justice. Soon after, the coroner that was bribed was murdered, and everyone who knew about the truth of the elder son are being killed mysteriously.

fogrob
2012-10-08, 09:30 AM
Apparently I should go into stress testing. I just killed eduPad in less than 15 minutes!

I was attempting to import a PDF character sheet. It didn't seem to like that very much. I'm guessing it doesn't really store information or files beyond the text that's on the whiteboard and chat space?

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-08, 09:36 AM
I think so. That was rather epic BTW.

fogrob
2012-10-08, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I tried to go back on a few times, but I ended up having to kill the page. So if it can't really hold files...Should we just use some sort of IM and Obsidian Portal?

BTW, I'll be going to work soon, but I'll be sure to try and come up with some story details as well.

I'm also available at Google+ if you'd like to contact me through there.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-08, 09:46 AM
Yeah. Oh well! I'm down for something else as well.. as long as we can keep communication steady.

fogrob
2012-10-08, 09:56 AM
Ok here's my idea for the story...

My idea is that this all takes place years ago when the PC was just a boy. The PC'S uncle long coveted the throne, but knew it was beyond him with the PC being around. The uncle sets it up so it looks like the king was murdered by his son, when in fact the uncle did it. PC runs away to escape persecution (where he has the life and friends he has now) and the uncle takes over the throne.

Loki_42
2012-10-08, 02:19 PM
If I come up with anything, I'll post my own idea for a story, but I just wanted to chime in and say, that if nobody else wants too, I'm okay with being the king.

Iron Victory
2012-10-08, 02:50 PM
As I'm new to the system I'd rather not be the King.

Loki_42
2012-10-08, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I'd like to note that I'm new too. Who here besides us two has never played the system before?

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-08, 03:24 PM
Hello!

That would be us three then!

Vesth
2012-10-08, 05:23 PM
...I've never played the system before either.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-08, 05:43 PM
In that case, I'd also like to nominate for the part of the true king!

fogrob
2012-10-08, 08:21 PM
Would you believe that beyond a earlier failed attempt at PbP, I also have no actual Burning Wheel experience. Looks like we're five for five!

I think this will be a great way for us to learn. With everyone being new, no one has to worry about having questions or making "newbie mistakes". We'll take it slow and just learn as we go.

It makes Drugged Dwarfs advice about having a way to keep in contact even more prudent. Does anyone have an option they'd like to use?

As for King, it appears the takers are Drugged Dwarf & Loki_42. Let's settle it with a VS test!

Let's say you both have an average human Will of 4. I'll leave it to both of you to come up with one wise you, the player, has that is applicable to the roll.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Otherwise... ROLL THE DICE!

Vesth
2012-10-08, 09:03 PM
I want to be the musician/bard/skald sidekick. Go me!

fogrob
2012-10-09, 07:27 AM
I want to be the musician/bard/skald sidekick. Go me!

Be sure to keep that in mind while we're doing our world burning. There may be some things that a musician has to have in his world.

Also, I checked once, but I think it got lost in the flurry of posts...Does everyone have a copy of BWG?

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-09, 07:36 AM
Let's say you both have an average human Will of 4. I'll leave it to both of you to come up with one wise you, the player, has that is applicable to the roll.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Otherwise... ROLL THE DICE!

I think you will find that I have theactualburningwheelbook-wise, which clearly counts for 2 dice on my FoRK....

fogrob
2012-10-09, 07:39 AM
I think you will find that I have theactualburningwheelbook-wise, which clearly counts for 2 dice on my FoRK....

Only if you have two books and the Ambidextrous trait found on page 312...:smallbiggrin:

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-09, 07:43 AM
Only if you have two books and the Ambidextrous trait found on page 312...:smallbiggrin:

*looks it up*

Damn... you're good.

Vesth
2012-10-09, 07:43 AM
Is there anything a musician needs? The first thing I see about musicians is that

Musical

Musical compositions take weeks and months to perfect. Musical performace takes as long as it takes.

On that note, I might be composing real music for this; this depends on what instruments are actually available. And to be honest, I don't need months. Weeks maybe....but definitely nothing more than one month. Not that my compositions are masterpieces or anything like that...

fogrob
2012-10-09, 08:05 AM
Is there anything a musician needs?

I would take a look at Composer and Performer in the City Dweller setting and also Minstrel in the Noble Court setting. Extra successes in creating music could be used to reduce the time (pg. 29), but I would guess that would just be a "Say Yes" situation (pg. 72). That is of course, unless you get into some sort of freestyle sing off with the fate of the kingdom resting on your ability to bust out a rhyme.

Just don't get too far ahead in your character creation yet...We still have a world to build.

Wait...Did you mean you, the player, has plans to compose real music regarding our campaign?!

Vesth
2012-10-09, 08:10 AM
Can I just...you know, compose a piece, and just...

Yeah, me, the player, has plans to compose...for anything I suppose. Don't get your hopes too high. It depends on whether I actually have to time and inspiration for it. Maybe I should just get some of my older compositions and copy + paste...

fogrob
2012-10-09, 08:12 AM
Can I just...you know, compose a piece, and just...

Yeah, me, the player, has plans to compose...for anything I suppose. Don't get your hopes too high. It depends on whether I actually have to time and inspiration for it. Maybe I should just get some of my older compositions and copy + paste...

This sounds AWESOME!

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-09, 08:29 AM
Right. With my Wise truely shut down, I'm going to attempt this dicerolling thing. Here goes!

[roll0]

Loki_42
2012-10-09, 08:47 AM
In the interest of fairness, and not being able to think of a Wise, I shall also do a straight roll!plus, I mean, it's not all that important to me.

[roll0]

fogrob
2012-10-09, 11:22 AM
It appears with 2 successes, Loki is our King! Congratulations!

Loki_42
2012-10-09, 11:33 AM
I'd be honored.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-09, 12:23 PM
DAMN YOU DIE!

So now that we've got our king, what would HE like to suggest we do for the plot?

Loki_42
2012-10-09, 02:57 PM
Okay, yes, on to real story creation. Of the options that have been presented, I think I like the sound of Vesth's story, it seems like it has some genuinely interesting intrigue, and can create some complex characters. I like the fact that I'd be torn between not wanting to be king, but feeling responsibility for what's going on with my brother.

Now, antagonists for this could be interesting. Would my brother ultimately be the antagonist, or is something pulling the strings? Is my brother ultimately just going insane, or is something more sinister going on. If we discover somebody manipulating my brother into doing these things, do we turn our attention to them, and try and restore my brother to the throne, or is it too late, and I have to be king whether I want to or not?
Vesth's suggestion below, in case people have forgotten.

If we're racking up a story, here's my suggestion:

The king had two sons. The elder is a smart lad, but doesn't feel that he has the leadership qualities; he likes to spend his time on his own hobbies, rather than leading the kingdom, a stressful job that he was sure he would screw up. The younger is very ambitious, and always dreamt of being king, and all the glory and fame that came with it. When the old king died, the elder prince, by right of age, was forced to take the throne, and soon after, he felt stuffled, unable to take the lack of freedom, and when his younger brother came to him with a suggestion that could allow him to live freely, he readily took it.

Using an elaborate ruse, supposedly 'poisoned' wine, and a bribed coroner, the elder son faked his death, and escaped to live the life he wanted to live. The younger brother took the mantle of king due to being next in line.

And so, both lived happily for the next few months.

However, a change came over the younger brother. He seemed more haggard, more tired, and was rumored to even hallucinate at times, to the point of talking to some imaginary figure, or flinching at the sight of mere shadows and the like.

And while he seems more and more listless as well as being unable to sleep properly at night, he declared that he is distraught by the death of his brother, and that the months of denial finally caught up with him. He swore that he would find his brother's killer, and bring him to justice. Soon after, the coroner that was bribed was murdered, and everyone who knew about the truth of the elder son are being killed mysteriously.

Vesth
2012-10-09, 05:59 PM
Hurrah! And here I thought that no one read it!

I fully approve of my idea, my liege!

Iron Victory
2012-10-09, 06:11 PM
Hurrah! And here I thought that no one read it!

I fully approve of my idea, my liege!

Seconded. So what's the next step? Do we define the kingdom first, or what the group of PCs are. Are we a mercenary group or just a band of farmers? Maybe we could combine two of the concepts and be a group of thugs?

fogrob
2012-10-09, 06:16 PM
So is everyone cool with Vesth's idea? If so, we can start answering the earlier campaign questions I posted based on that.

Loki_42
2012-10-09, 06:49 PM
Seconded. So what's the next step? Do we define the kingdom first, or what the group of PCs are. Are we a mercenary group or just a band of farmers? Maybe we could combine two of the concepts and be a group of thugs?

I like this. Enough people were fans of this and the thief idea, it doesn't seem like they're all that hard to mix. Or I can go with something else, let's hear other suggestions.

fogrob
2012-10-09, 07:37 PM
Maybe the once King has been gone for years, not months, that could explain both his new companions/lifestyle and the degeneration of his brother.

A former King turned thief along with his ruffian friends could make for some interesting stories.

Loki_42
2012-10-09, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I wasn't thinking this was just overnight. I'm fine with this taking place over an upward of five years or more, whatever makes sense for the story.

Vesth
2012-10-09, 07:55 PM
I think we need to ask what the elder son's hobby is. Loki, what is it that you prefer over kingdom-managing? What is your calling, your love that you yearn that cannot be done easily within castle walls? Then, from there, as you secretly steps down from the throne, we can base our own stories around them.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-09, 09:00 PM
I'm fine with both ideas, although We should also flesh out the kingdom SLIGHTLY more so we know where we stand.

Plus how diverse do we want our characters to be? Just simple farm boys, or from all walks of life?

Loki_42
2012-10-09, 09:21 PM
Well, clearly one of us is more than just a simple farm boy. Whatever we do, we should all definitely know each other and be relatively friendly with each other before the game starts proper.

As for what I was interested in more than governing, well, I was considering having my character look at Sorcery, I'm not sure if that would affect things. If we're going with the thief thing, then me being friends with a bunch of commoners might be enough to push me away from the royal life. Maybe we all met as kids when I somehow got out of the palace grounds and ran into some or all of the other characters? I'll try to think of more specific things that would make me unfit for ruling, but for now I'm not too sure.

Vesth
2012-10-09, 10:05 PM
If I may, m'lord, it is entirely possible that, on curiosity, you left the palace grounds when you were young, and you quite enjoyed the unruly but exciting lives of the commoner youth, and the taste of it has left the life of a noble seem dull and boring. Perhaps he could have made some great friends, or even found the love of his life.

Sorcery-wise, it is quite easy to make a world where those with magical talent are prized (or that nobles have magic in their blood, which separates them from commoners), or even that nobles have the money to engage people to teach their children how to use magic.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-09, 10:11 PM
If I may interject m'lord - you are still a noble despite having left your throne. It would mean that you would have enough money to at least get by for a while after you left it so you didn't have to do something lame like Farming. At the very least, you would have a decent set of clothes and a spare bag of gold for emergencies.

fogrob
2012-10-09, 11:40 PM
Slightly off subject, but I like the idea of the brother being used by forces beyond his control. Maybe the poisoning was supposed to have been real, but he just couldn't do it. It also gives me more antagonists to play with.

Everyone cool with the timing so far? Are we moving too fast or too slow? Seems to me that everyone is doing a good job of keeping up and being involved, but i just wanted to check and make sure.

I assume this will all get easier once we get out of the burning stages and into actual gameplay.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-10, 04:41 AM
I'm fairly alright with the speed, for the moment everyone is really enthusiastic. I Still haven't decided what I want to play as though.

Vesth
2012-10-10, 04:55 AM
Yeah, there are a lot of things that could have happened to the brother. He could have been partially possessed, or someone could have made an imperfect imitation of him (i.e. he's missing or gone), or psions or wizards could have slowly weakened his mind, so much so that he thinks it is an elaborate plot set up by the elder brother...or maybe even to the point that he thinks that HE is the elder brother, and he had been polymorphed into the younger brother, while his brother had run off to do something evil...the list goes on.

Seeing that some people want some fleshing out of the kingdom and the setting in general, here are my suggestions.

Civilisation
Civilisations are built near the best resources...traditionally, this is rivers, lakes, mountains...but in Eledrath (name pending), magic fills the land, and is concentrated at specific spots. And it is at these spots where civilisations are made.

As time pass, the civilisation built upon these magical foundations flourish, the more powerful the nexus, the stronger the kingdom, and it is at the grand city of Akbihar (name pending) that this magical concentrate is at its strongest.

Akbihar, the capital city of this unified land, a grand sight to behold! Such is the strength of its foundations, that the whole city literally floats in the sky, held aloft by nothing but magical and mechanical ingenuity, where intangible azure veins criss-cross the air to somhow keep the city afloat.

Akhibar itself is split into two; the inner and the outer sanctums. The outer sanctum is the home of the common folk of Akhibar, as well as the numerous travellers and sightseers that enter the city through the numerous portals that dot this crowded, boisterious city. The streets are always alive with a myraid of activities, and the occasional fasinating but harmless wonders that the magically-infused land brings. Streets sell toys that talk and move, balls that hover in the air, small trinkets and other magical memorabilia. The white walls that seperate the inner and outer sanctums are a pastime for children and teens, as the special substance reacts to touch; a single drawing automatically animates and dances, or becomes three-dimentional, or even turns into something else entirely.

The inner sanctum os a place of study, the tactical decisions of the powerful, and the lavish recreational activities of those of royal blood and distinguished guests. However, the many rules and laws within the inner sanctum has spun many an acadamic into debate whether it will stunt the growth of a child born within, so different from the world outside its walls.

Other than Akhibar, there are many other cities, though none of them floating or as wonderful as the capital city. These cities emphasizes less on magic, if at all, for how can one compete in the magical industry with one as powerful as Akhibar?

Religions and beliefs

Dianni
"In the beginning, there were only man. They shared the same land, ate the same food, but life was monotonous and empty. There was no leader amongst them, for how can one claim to be better than the other? Physical strength measures not when leadership is concerned, and intellectual capability is not so easily measured. And so, there was no meaning to life.

But then, the great god of Law, Dianni came along, and granted upon us the gift of magic, and his brother, Diero, the god of Chaos, chose amongst the humans those that were destined to lead, and granted magic upon them. This was to be the defining factor to determine who was to be the rulers, and who were to be the followers in the grand scheme of things. But of course! Only he who can twist reality, the gift of the gods themselves, can rightly call himself the ruler of the land! And so, from that day forth, our present hierarchy took form."

Those who believe in the god of Law, Dianni, proclaim that she instilled law by creating leaders, using her brother, Diero, the god of Chaos, to use the chaotic nature of magic as the basic for law and order. They typically see Dianni as the older and more powerful sibling of the two.

Diero
"In the beginning, there was only a primoral soup of magic, a raw and magnificent sea of pure power. From this sea, Diero instructed Dianni to make the world, and people along with it, for their godly existence was more interesting and fasinating with the lives of men to watch and play with.

With the land made, Diero found that giving men magic would allow them to advance beyond their natural potential. And knowing such, he gave a spark, a tint of magic that grew in people who could handle the chaotic nature of magic. From the land, he allowed fountains of magic to gush forth, attracting them to these places to build homes, where the gods could watch in glee."

Followers of Diero believe that Diero is ruler of the world, and Dianni, the younger and weaker sister helped him achieve ideas to make the world it is today.

Academica
"Dianni and Diero aren't real gods...there aren't any. They are only concepts made by us to explain how life works. Men and magic are two parts of a whole that had seperated millenia ago. Magic is chaotic representation of this being, and we are the lawful manifestations."

Not really a religion, many academics are currently into the idea that Dianni and Diero are mere concepts of law and chaos...and further point to the fact that the need for explanation of how things work represent our lawful nature to put things in order. As such, they propose that, to be more attuned with magic, one must be more chaotic, or at least, less forceful to instill order. With this, they find it ironic that the inner sanctum focuses so much on order when it is the epicentre of all this magical, and suggest that lessening of these strict rules would enable Akhibar is flourish better.

Loki_42
2012-10-10, 06:03 AM
If I may, m'lord, it is entirely possible that, on curiosity, you left the palace grounds when you were young, and you quite enjoyed the unruly but exciting lives of the commoner youth, and the taste of it has left the life of a noble seem dull and boring. Perhaps he could have made some great friends, or even found the love of his life.

Yeah, something like that is simple enough, and along the lines of what I was thinking. And your setting work was cool too, does anyone else have suggestions about that?

I'm fine with posting speed, it's good that everyone seems so enthusiastic.

fogrob
2012-10-10, 06:47 AM
So I'm reading this as the drawing force for him leaving the throne was his commoner friends/commoner girlfriend? They were also the ones who helped him escape and know the truth about him?

Or...did he sneak out in his younger days to carouse among the commoners and decide that it was a life he be interested in. Shortly after being made King, he bails and heads to another town, to start life anew?

Drugged Dwarf: Don't sweat who you playing as yet, once we finish with world burning and answering the campaign questions, I'm sure something will pop right out at you.

Per Luke's advice, I want to have the world burned and the situation stated before we get going on characters. The only reason we're rough sketching Loki's is because he's crucial to the situation and how it starts. Having the world and situation finished makes it easier for us to have living, breathing, characters with BIT's that really tie in to the game.

DD & Loki were right, the enthusiasm is great. We're getting some fantastic stuff here.

I had a small addendum about the part magic plays in the setting. I'll admit right off the bat, I'm not a fan of it being a big part of the game. I prefer a grittier, dirtier version of fantasy. That being said, if it's something everyone else is interested in, I'll back off and go with it.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-10, 07:23 AM
As long as gritter dirtier fantasy you don't delve too far into the George RR Martin section I'm fine with that.

I too am for magic being a little less common - spells are atrociously powerful in Burning Wheel, and having a very select few be able to wield it would be a good source of strength. However, that's up to the king.

Vesth
2012-10-10, 07:29 AM
If you want, I can come up with a setting that magic is rarer...give me some time.

fogrob
2012-10-10, 07:32 AM
If everyone else is cool with that, great!

Loki_42
2012-10-10, 07:42 AM
Yeah, and magic isn't even necessary for my character, I was just bouncing ideas off the wall. It's an image that popped into my head, but hardly one I'm attached too.

Vesth
2012-10-10, 11:13 AM
I basically took the standard fantasy setting and expended on it, by writing using fictional excerpts from the world.

Excerpt from The Bells of Friendship, a childhood fairytale
Once upon a time, there lived 4 friends, the human, the elf, the dwarf and the orc. They came to Enanella in a big, big boat, that is bigger than you or me. They were all good friends, so good that they each carried a small little bell, which they rang when they were upset, to make themselves happy again!

Excerpt from A History of Man, Vol 1
When Incas, our ancestor, stepped upon the shores of his new home, he found something was amiss - the boat sank as soon as they came ashore.

"What is happening!" he cried, "Good Dwarf, what has happened?"

And so, the dwarf went through the remains of the ship, and he whispered ominously, "The ship had been sabotaged."

Excerpt from Sanctuary of the Past
Our beloved ancestor, Leiana, glanced upon the wreakage in fear. The elf knew within her heart that the damage was recent, for she herself had seen to the ship's condition before its maiden voyage into the unknown. Who was it then, amongst the four, that had a heart so black? And so, she began to suspect the feral and wild Grunk, for he was nothing if not unruly and untamed.

Excerpt from Set in Stone, Vol 1
"-No, we will not kill the innocent." our dwarven ancestor, Dorugan said as the four stared at each other with such hostile intent that the wildlife shirked away from them. The bells had been worn from use, for every time an argument broke out, the bells were the only reliable thing that kept away a full onslaught. It had been three weeks into the wild, and tempers were fraying. Leiana suspected Grunk, and Incas suspected Leiana, for he claimed that he had seen her sneaking away during the night.

"Dwarf, STAND ASIDE! I must kill the evil!" Incas replied as he drew his blade. But the blade struck Dorugan's bell, tearing it asunder, and from then on, Dorugan knew in his heart that Incas was to blame.

Excerpts from A Warring Past, Vol 1
Grunk looked angrily at the Dorugan, for he knew that only the shipwright was the one who sabotaged the ship. But all the other bells were broken save his, and he saw only one chance at redemption. Shaking his bell, the fighting stopped once more, abeit reluctantly, and Grunk said thus,

"We shall go our seperate ways, each to one end of the island, where we will not harm each other for a hundred years."

"A hundred years, and then, I will come for your life" Leiana replied furiously.

An Analysis of History: The Engima Of Our Times
We have surprisingly little information on how we came about. The only sources of information are the individual representations of the 4 adventurers from each of the 4 races. All conclude that they had arrived by boat, they were companions of sorts, they blamed each other, and they seperated, to heal their wounds and propogate their species. But, there are inaccuracies in these stories, the most pressing one of which was how they propogated their species, especially since none of the 4 races are asexual. Perhaps they each were leaders of their respective armies that have come to survey this land, but then, why have we not received word from beyond the waters if this was the case? This is truly a unsolvable puzzle without additional clues to our past.

The First War
The first recorded history were bits and pieces of the first war. This was actually a series of skirmishes between the 4 races. The humans used superior numbers and their indomitable will, the dwarves fought with deep underground complexes with many a trap to wayward a foe, the elves resorted to guerilla tactics with the trees as their cover, and the orcs utilized unparalled bloodlust, and their specialty in flexibility on the battlefield.

None of the races let the other get any sort of advantage. The casualties skyrocketed, but the war didn't seem to end, though it stopped for periods at a time, with the sound of a mysterious bell marking these temporary reprieves.

The Company of Four
Sometime during the 3rd Wars, a band of 4 adventurers decided that they had enough with the bloodshed. They had been friends since birth, and the prejudice that had struck many did not touch them, although they still had to be very careful about meeting each other. They had orginally banded together on a quest to find this mysterious bell that could bring peace, but they never found it. As such, they simply resorted to recruiting people who, like them, did not want to fight any longer. The process took years, but eventually, they created another settlement right in the middle of the island, where the policy is that everyone had to treat each other equally, or face incarceration. This settlement eventually became Bryzalt, the capital city of today.

A Tourist's Guide to Bryzalt
Bryzalt is truly a wonderful place. Being the first city to embrace the concept that all are equal, they made use of the various strengths of the races to make a truly formidable economy.

The city itself is like a colorful quilt; it is broken up into many segments, each with its own specialty. As you enter through the east gate, for example, you can spot the famous fountain of gold in the Blacksmith Quarters, or the unique 6-tier bread from the Baker's Dozen.

I will elaborate on those in a little bit, but for now, I want to take about the Noble Houses! It's literally a castle in the centre of the city, a white, magnificant thing that constantly has guards on vigil, protecting the important, as they glide through marble hallways and crystal gardens, into massive libraries and huge dining rooms. I had only seen a little of the castle during my brief tour, and the little I have seen had already taken my breath away. What a wonder indeed!

Do you want me to list the attractions in the city as well (or do you want to take a stab at it)?

For those interested, the 6-tier bread is two long strips of cooked dough, interwoven into each other to look like chains. Through each of the 5 holes of the chain, another chain of dough in added. In the end, you have 6 chains of dough interlocking each other to form a very unique structure.

Loki_42
2012-10-10, 06:12 PM
Okay, if we go with that idea for a setting, we should hammer out more details on how it's actually run. Since the city is supposed to have the races as equals, I'd assume they have equal place in government? But it's fairly well established that a monarchy exists. Maybe there's a council of representatives from all four races that advice the king, and responsibility for the monarchy is in a cycle, with each race keeping their own ruling family. If we did that, it would be important to know which race was in the cycle right now, as that would determine my character's stock. I was assuming I'd just go Man, but I'm not particularly tied to it, and I'd be able to try out one of the other stocks if it worked out that way.

Edit: By the way, I love the way you presented that, Vesth. I should try writing like that sometime, I really like the results.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-10, 06:29 PM
This all seems pretty damn cool.

For kings, we could make our true king be one that rules the Land of Man only, and that Bryzalt is a city state of its own. It would give you a reason to go there, to amass troops or whatever to help take your throne back without showing the other races that you had weakened.

If not, instead of a council, we could have the kings of all four races be independent, only meeting in Byzalt every few years to discuss treaties and what have you.

Vesth
2012-10-10, 06:49 PM
If we're doing my ruling party, I suggest 4 noble families, each of 1 race, that takes turns ruling. Since each race lives a different number of years, I suggest that they take turns ruling every 250 years. This would explain how the throne could be passed down from father to son. The other 3 noble families act as a buffer, and step in when all of them come to a consensus that the current ruler does more harm than good.

Iron Victory
2012-10-10, 07:16 PM
If we're doing my ruling party, I suggest 4 noble families, each of 1 race, that takes turns ruling. Since each race lives a different number of years, I suggest that they take turns ruling every 250 years. This would explain how the throne could be passed down from father to son. The other 3 noble families act as a buffer, and step in when all of them come to a consensus that the current ruler does more harm than good.

I like what you've come up with so far Vesth. So would Bryzalt be the home of all 4 noble families? Is it where the current ruler resides? Also, do we want the party to be a mix of races, or just one? Maybe the house who's next in line is responsible for manipulating the king so that their ascendance to the throne happens more quickly when he's deposed.

Vesth
2012-10-10, 08:40 PM
Well, I did describe the noble houses as a castle in the centre of the city. I would say that it is possible that all the noble families live in the castle, which is big enough to be cut into 5. (4 for each of the noble families and 1 for the throne room and related areas for the current ruler)

Maybe each of the noble areas have a statue of their ancestor (Incas, Leiana, Dorugan and Grunk) to represent their quarters and mark their boundaries.

Deposing the king for the next in line is a great idea, though if we want to use it, we have to do some tweaking if we use the earlier idea that it is 250 years per race, which means that death won't really mean passing onto the next race unless the 250 years are up.

Loki_42
2012-10-10, 08:51 PM
I'd imagine that if a family is unable to produce an heir when the former king dies or is deposed, the other families can take control temporarily. Removing my brother could be just a step in a process, an attempt to put all the families in a deadlock as part of a bid for power.

Iron Victory
2012-10-10, 09:20 PM
Also, this is just a minor detail, but have you thought of any names for the different houses? If not, I'd like to suggest that they're named after their ancestors. For example, House Dorugan for the dwarves, House Incas for humans etc...

Vesth
2012-10-10, 09:48 PM
That can work!

Also, if people noticed, there are 4 races, 4 heroes that built Bryzalt...and 4 players. *hintwecouldeachplayoneracehint*

Although it is supposedly a city of unity, there could still be a degree of prejudice. In real life, racism isn't easily solved.

EDIT: We aren't actually going to start the game WITHIN the capital city, right? That's a little...close to home. Where should we start?

fogrob
2012-10-11, 07:06 AM
Sorry, guys, super long day at work yesterday. Looks like you guys were hard at it!

This new write up sounds interesting. It gave me an idea. Someone mentioned each player running a character from a different race. That got me to thinking about why that would happen story-wise...

Perhaps the brother's rule is so horrible that each of the other races has sent an emissary to retrieve the former king in order for him to return to the throne. He could even be setting the other races against each each other in his quest for absolute power. I could see this even leading to another Bell Quest.

I forgot to mention that regarding magic, I don't want to outright ban it, I just wanted it to be rare, strange, and powerful. Loki, if you'd like your character to be a sorcerer, or a sorcerer to be, go right ahead. It'd give me a reason to study up on another part of the book!:smallsmile:

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-11, 08:32 AM
Hmm... that would mean that when the game starts, we're not exactly a group of friends who work together, just a bunch of people brought together by a common goal - finding the true king and making him want to come back to the throne with us. It would change the dynamic of how we all feel about each other of course.

Not to mention, we would also need to clarify which line is next to take over the throne.

Vesth
2012-10-11, 09:07 AM
But if Loki is the true king, it isn't much of a goal since he'll be with us all the time...unless he was keeping his identity secret because he isn't sure whether he wants to take the throne back, unless it was absolutely necessary. But of course, he must have some way to disguise himself so that others won't recognise him that easily.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-11, 09:41 AM
Well maybe we can invert that - maybe we are delegations sent by members of the council to try and 'convince' the king that returning to the throne and taking his place by his brother's side is the right thing to do.

Hell, if we really want to make it crazy, we can split it. One person is his best friend. One person is there to convince him to come back. One person is there to convince him to stay so they can have their people take over.

fogrob
2012-10-11, 06:32 PM
Well maybe we can invert that - maybe we are delegations sent by members of the council to try and 'convince' the king that returning to the throne and taking his place by his brother's side is the right thing to do.

Hell, if we really want to make it crazy, we can split it. One person is his best friend. One person is there to convince him to come back. One person is there to convince him to stay so they can have their people take over.

It could also be that although they were sent to convince him to come back, their personal feelings may differ from their orders. That could lead to some internal conflict in the PC's beliefs.

Also, how did they discover that he wasn't murdered and instead ran away to escape the responsibilities of the throne?

Vesth
2012-10-11, 06:51 PM
Well, people had to know, like the coroner who was murdered. Actually, this puts pressure on things, since people who know are being killed.

Actually, I personally prefer the idea that they don't know, as the king had an added reason of not telling anyone (to not put people in the spotlight for a bout of murdering), along with the dislike for the noble life, a lack of self-confidence for ruling the kingdom, and a selfish worry that something bad might happen to him.

Loki_42
2012-10-11, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I kind of feel like most people shouldn't know, it feels like a lame backstory for me to stage my death and run away only for half the world to know I'm still alive and how to find me. I'd be cool with the other PC's knowing I'm the true king for any length of time, but that doesn't mesh with them being sent to find me. I do however like the concept of a completely mixed race party, so I'm all for finding a way to work that in.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-11, 08:43 PM
Different approach, what if the king was looking for us?

fogrob
2012-10-11, 08:45 PM
If it makes it easier, it doesn't have to be that you faked your death and ran away. You could just be someone with an equal claim, but no interest to, the throne. The emissaries could have been sent out to find someone who could legitimately replace the current king.

That would mean the murders of the coroner and others would have to be for some other reason of course. It could be that everyone who knows about you and your claim is being murdered to keep it secret.

Maybe you don't even know that you have a claim to to the throne? Then one day, out of the blue, an elf, ork, and a dwarf show up on your doorstop and give you a genealogy lesson.

Vesth
2012-10-11, 09:10 PM
Though not knowing you had a claim to the throne will break apart the whole 'I fake my death to escape nobility life' shtick.

fogrob
2012-10-12, 07:34 AM
Pulling one thread is definitely leading to more. Should we decide and just force everything else to fit or get tossed? I'm afraid we may be able to keep tossing ideas out for the next few weeks without picking one.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-12, 11:04 AM
Well let's make a list of things we do want to keep, and start from there.

We definitely want the lore as is, and we love the idea of all four races being played (although whoever draws orc might find it a little intense given how it is written in the book - I am more than happy to take that title if I have to). The faked death rule works as well I think, so all we need is a suitable story to tie all if it together.

Iron Victory
2012-10-12, 11:25 AM
Maybe we should try to get together and skype for a few minutes about the setting? I'm "ironvictory" if anyone wants to add me.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-12, 02:29 PM
Excellent idea. I'm druggeddwarf, add me. I'll be on in about 4 hours. Even if we don't char, we can talk it out.

Loki_42
2012-10-12, 02:42 PM
I believe I'm theactualloki_42 on Skype. I've sent the two of you requests.

fogrob
2012-10-12, 06:03 PM
I added all of you.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-12, 07:26 PM
sweet. Now lets not let this die out. When we've all added each other the discussions can continue! We have all weekend (I hope)

Vesth
2012-10-13, 01:35 PM
Tentative character sheet:

Name: Varriac

Concept/Bio:

Lifepaths: Citadel Born, Song Singer, Bard

Stats: Wi: B7, Pe: B4, Po: B4, Fo: B3, Ag: B4, Sp: B4, Stride 8

Attributes: Ref: B4, Ste: B5, Hes: 3, Hea: B6, MW: B9, Grief: B0, Circles: B3, Resources: B1

PTGS: Su: B2 Li: B4 Mi: B6 Se: B7 Tr: B8 Mo: B9

Beliefs:

I will show the world my skill as a musician.

I will prevent my flute from being stolen or damaged in any way, no matter the cost.

Instincts:

Perform when another musician in playing in public.

Always check to see if the flute is alright after a fight.

Traits: [Char] Born Under the Silver Stars, [Dt] Essence of the Earth, [Char] Fair and Statuesque, [Dt] First Born, [Dt] Grief, [Dt] Keen Sight, [Char] Voice in the Crowd, [C-O] Improvisation

Skills: Anthem of Courage B4, Conspicuous B3, Elven Script B2, Flute B3, Lament of Stars B4, Oratory B3, Sing B3, Song of Merriment B4, Song of Soothing B5, Sword B4

Affiliations:

Reputations: Reputation in the Muse's Alley (1D)

Relationships:

Gear: Elven Long Sword, Reinforced Leather Armor

Property: Flute, Elven Clothes, Eleven Shoes, Cleaning Cloth, Metronone, Tuner

Spells:

Weapons:

Bare Fisted I:B2 M:B4 S:B6 Add 2 VA 0 Fast Shortest

Sword I:B4 M:B7 S:B10 Add 2 VA 1 Fast Long May Great Strike

---

Streetwise 1/6
Sword 1/5 routine + 0/2 (difficult / challenging)

fogrob
2012-10-13, 05:29 PM
Cool, I'll start looking these over. For everyone else, please hold off on writing beliefs and relationships for a bit.

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-15, 06:22 AM
Hey, I started work on Garok the Axe. this is just a placeholder for his class and skills. A lot of work needs to be done, but It's the basic premise of the character that's finished at least.

Name: Garok the Axe

Concept/Bio: Prized Gladiator and Pit Fighter[/b]

Lifepaths: Born Great, The Rites, Follower, Black Destroyer, Named

Stats: Wi: B6, Pe: B4, Po: B4, Fo: B4, Ag: B6, Sp: B4, Stride: 8

Attributes: Ref: B4, Ste: B7, Hes: 4, Hea: B6, MW: B10, Hatred: B6, Circles: B3, Resources: B0

PTGS: Su: B3 Li: B5 Mi: B7 Se: B8 Tr: B9 Mo: B10

Beliefs:

Instincts:

Traits: [Dt] Alert, [Dt] Born to Rule Them All, [Char] Breeder, [Char] Cannibal, [Dt] Cold Black Blood, [Dt] Enemy of the Sun, [Dt] Fanged and Clawed, [Char] Intense Hatred, [Dt] Life is Death, [Dt] Loathsome and Twisted, [Dt] Lynx-Eyed, Like Burning Coals, [Char] Savage Consequences, [Char] Silent Hatred, [Dt] Sprinter, [Char] Vile Language

Skills: Animal Husbandry B4, Armor Training, Axe B6, Bow B3, Brawling B4, Brutal Intimidation B3, Clan Wise B4, Command B4, Intimidation B5, Knives B3, Mounted Combat Training, Riding B3, Shield Training, Torture B3

Affiliations:

Reputations: 2D Axe-bearer

Relationships: Ragul. High Servant of the blood and benefactor (Significant, other family)

Gear: Spoils of War (Sweet Axe), Reinforced Leather with buckler

Property:

Spells:

Weapons:

Bare Fisted I:B2 M:B4 S:B6 Add 2 VA 0 Fast Shortest

Also, Ironvictory! where are you! We need you on skype man!

fogrob
2012-10-15, 07:07 AM
DD, don't forget to pick up the Ride skill.

Loki_42
2012-10-20, 06:58 PM
Alright, this is what I've got of my character. He's actually somewhat hard to build. Now I just need to fill out some numbers.
Name: Ryan Degikral

Concept/Bio: Heir to the throne who abandoned his post.

Lifepaths: Born Noble, Prince of the Blood, Arcane Devotee, Rogue Wizard

Stats: Wi: B4, Pe: B5, Po: B4, Fo: B4, Ag: B5, Sp: B5, Stride 7

Attributes: Ref: B5, Ste: B4, Hes: 6, Hea: B5, MW: B10, Circles: B2, Resources: B1

PTGS: Su: B3 Li: B5 Mi: B7 Se: B8 Tr: B9 Mo: B10

Beliefs:

I will not become the King.

I will protect my friends.

I will find out what is wrong with my brother.

Instincts:

Always wear a disguise.
If I see a friend being attacked, prepare my bow.
If I'm in a dangerous situation, begin casting Havoc's Hand

Traits: [Char] Base Humility, [Char] Born to be King, [Char] Mark of Privilege, [Char] Spooky, [Char] Your Grace, [Dt] Gifted, [Dt] Obscure Aura, [Dt] Aura of Fear

Skills: Calligraphy B2, Sorcery B3, Write B2, Read B2, Inconspicuous B3, Disguise B3, Bow B2, Enchanting B2

Affiliations: 1D Nobility

Reputations:

Relationships: I know we're supposed to wait for this one, but Brother to the King, obviously.

Gear: Superior Hunting Bow(+1D Balance), Reinforced Leather Armor, Riding Horse, Clothes, Shoes, Travelling Supplies, Paper and Ink(Tools for Calligraphy and Write), Tools for Disguise, Tools for Enchanting(Expendable),

Property: A small Cottage

Spells: Cat's Eye, Mask, Havoc's Hand, Delirium Tremens

Weapons: I'll fill out stats later, I'm still reading the book.

Bare Fisted

Superior Bow

fogrob
2012-10-22, 07:11 AM
Looks good Loki, I'll run through the numbers later this evening. On beliefs, if possible, try to have one belief about another character, one about a relationship or item, and then one long term belief. If you wish, talk between yourselves to work on beliefs, that way they'll be tied into each other.

Let's aim for playing by Wednesday at the latest.

fogrob
2012-10-23, 08:44 AM
Checked it out, looks good. Think we should start moving things back to the forums for now as skype is starting to slow down.

Does that work for everyone?

Iron Victory
2012-10-23, 11:07 AM
Sorry for dragging my feet. My character will be completed by tonight.
Tommorow, it's taking a bit longer than I thought.

fogrob
2012-10-23, 12:10 PM
Great, IV. I'll try to get a look at it tomorrow then.

fogrob
2012-10-24, 07:09 AM
How's everyone's Beliefs going? Are you guys teaming up, or writing them solo? Vesth, get with me later on skype. I was thinking we might set something up on Obsidian Portal to keep track of things.

Also, can I get a filled out PDF character sheet from everyone who's been approved? A one paragraph character summary would also be helpful. I'd like to print these off and be able to use them for reference.

Iron Victory
2012-10-24, 11:17 PM
I’m really sorry to let you all down but I’m going to have to drop out of this game. I wish you guys the best of luck and hope you can find a better player to replace me.

fogrob
2012-10-25, 05:58 AM
Not a problem IV. If you'd like, keep an eye on the forum for when I run another. Good luck!

Drugged dwarf
2012-10-30, 10:55 AM
In case I lose the link, here's the google docs updated character sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai7jEhmXOkradDBtT1htVnNFa0RwZHVsbmxsNnFvZ kE#gid=11

fogrob
2012-11-01, 07:15 AM
I followed the link, but it required you to give me access. I assume it's something to do with the sharing settings.

Vesth
2012-11-01, 08:34 AM
Here we go! Varriac NightSinger, the Elven Bard (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgNKD1irBhL4dGsxS2E3WmdsdTYzdHU1c05aeV9GU 2c#gid=9)!

fogrob
2012-11-02, 07:36 AM
Don't forget you guys start out with 1 Fate and 1 Persona point.

fogrob
2012-11-02, 07:44 AM
So Garrok, Anchorhold seems to be a busy port city with many entertainment needs. Are there fights scheduled? If so, are you organizing them, joining them, or both? If not, then what are you doing?

Varriac, are you performing anywhere on a regular basis? Does anyone in Anchorhold know of your background? Also, where do you live?

Drugged dwarf
2012-11-02, 08:06 AM
The fights in most towns aren't scheduled - it takes too much to maintain a standard arena and gladitorial clan to be worth it. As such, most entertainers become roamers, moving from town to town and competing with the groups and clans that they meet.

But for the larger cities, especially for a city like Anchorhold that over the years has grown to become a burstling metropolis, a few clans can get together, and build an entertainment complex for the masses to enjoy.

Fights are usually done as the first activity of three months, giving injured parties time to rest and recuperate. If any roaming clans, mercenaries, or general travellers are in town during that period, they must apply at the local clan hall if they wish to participate. This will also include requests to challenge certain people, clans, or groups in combat (to the death or otherwise) performances, and in some cases, collect payments from bouts fought in the previous months.

The clan hall for the Forceurs is also the betting central of Anchorhold - to attempt to form a betting ring larger than twenty people is to risk the anger of the orcs.

Now, amongst the Great and Black Orcs, are the Weaponbearers - orcs who have been granted a title based on being one of the best at the weapons they're used. Usually this title shared between five or six orcs, but they cannot refuse a bout from either a weaponbearer of the same title, or any orc that wishes to elevate themselves to that title. The fight - using the weapon involved - is usually to unconciousness, but there is nothing stopping both parties from requesting it to the death. The title itself can be gained if the current weaponbearer deems you worthy of gaining such a title (such as defeating him in combat) but after every bout, only one weaponbearer can leave the arena, dead or alive.

As such, every Weaponbearer must 'check-in' at the clanhall in every town they are in, in order to allow anyone willing to take the title from them to challenge them to a bout. As the current Axebearer, Garrok is heading there to put his name down, and see who else is up for a challenge.

fogrob
2012-11-02, 08:09 AM
Garrok, are the fights for Orcs only, or are all the races allowed?

Drugged dwarf
2012-11-02, 08:14 AM
Any race of any kind is more than welcome to do battle with each other (AS LONG AS THEY ARE HAPPY PAYING THE PRICE). In fact, some of the greatest fights seen in gladitorial arenas have been between a centuries old elven warrior with his songsword and beauty, and a battle hardened orc still dripping with the blood of his former enemies. It would be mad for the Forceurs to not allow such beauty to exist in their playpen!

Not to mention they will gladly clean house with all the betting money that will be thrown in. Why miss an oppurtunity to make people spend more money?

Loki_42
2012-11-02, 05:22 PM
I posted my character sheet onto the Skype chat and finished everything mechanical for my character. I will try to get the character story thing posted soon, but I'm essentially ready to start.

I really do apologize for dragging my feet on this, I've been having a stressful time, my internet has been uncooperative, and I'm sorry. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.

fogrob
2012-11-02, 06:07 PM
Garrok, you walk in to sign up for the upcoming fights and are greeted by Grat. He is a small and is missing part of one ear, but the little piece of skin left has an earring attached. He recognizes you immediately.

"Garrok, the mighty Axebearer! Welcome to Anchorhold! The crowds will be exuberant about your arrival! It has been so long since we've had a real weaponbearer here."

He grabs a leather parchment and pen, sliding it your way across the table.

fogrob
2012-11-02, 06:12 PM
Ryan, you've recently arrived in Anchorhold with your companions. Couple of questions...

What's the first thing on your agenda when you arrive?

What's the idiom of your spells? Is it through gestures or pronounced?

fogrob
2012-11-02, 07:14 PM
Varriac, what was the reason you were interested in coming to Anchorhold? Also, which of your compatriots inspired you to write your best song yet?

Drugged dwarf
2012-11-02, 09:53 PM
Garrok

Broad, tense shoulders, covered in a delicate mix of plate and leather, shrugged, giving of a mighty 'crack' as they moved back into posistion. From the scores of people eager to lose a limb on the battlefield, a large, armoured orc strolled past the queue, making eye contact with the receptionist. A casual finger played with his broken tusk, while a giant meaty hand stretched, slamming onto the table, before grabbing the offered pen in his fist.

Clenching, he proceeded to write as well as he could, effectively slamming the ink onto the parchment with a mean scowl, as he growled a response:

"Save your energy for the new tryouts, Grat. Your croaky voice bodes ill for my battered ears at the best of times, more when you attempt humour."

He scrowled again, then, with another shrug, placed the pen down before he spoke again. "But, never the less, it is good to see the clanhall of Anchorhold again. Your people run the shop with the efficency of dwarves. For that I am humbled. Now, enough of the formalities. Tell me of the challenges for me."

Vesth
2012-11-03, 09:47 AM
Varriac, are you performing anywhere on a regular basis? Does anyone in Anchorhold know of your background? Also, where do you live?

Varriac, what was the reason you were interested in coming to Anchorhold? Also, which of your compatriots inspired you to write your best song yet?

Yes, Varriac plays anywhere with a crowd.
No, no one in Anchorhold knows, unless they've been to Byz for a long them, since the NightSingers are pretty famous there. They might know Varriac from his family name, but probably not his first name.
Varriac and Garrok live in a kind of hostel, where Varric plays music to secure the rent.
Varriac comes to Anchorhold for two reasons: one is to accompany his friends, the other is because of the concert.
In regards to the best song, I haven't composed something related yet, so I'm leaving that question blank for now.

Varriac is currently just wandering the streets, asking people if they know anything about the concert.

fogrob
2012-11-03, 09:49 AM
Grat pulls back, prostrating himself in fear of the massive Axebearer

"I apologize for my annoyance, but I meant no humor. No true Weapon bearers have shown for a number of months. We've been stuck with nothing but slaves and mercenaries. But enough of my excuses...Wazfug has expressed an interest in battle...Should I set the schedule?"

fogrob
2012-11-03, 10:04 AM
Varriac, that seems to me like a Beginner's Luck Streetwise test. You stated an intent "To find out information regarding the concert" and task "Walk around the streets and ask people". I'll be spelling it out like this in the beginning just to make everything plain.

I've set the obstacle for this test as an Ob.2, but as it is a Beginners Luck, it will be doubled to Ob.4. The root stat for Streetwise is Perception, so you'll be rolling 4 dice. Rules for Beginners Luck can be found on page 37.

Don't forget to mark this test as a skill you are learning. The rules for that are on page 49.

Vesth
2012-11-03, 10:18 AM
Varriac

"I wonder how Garrok is doing..." the elf mused to himself, looking distractedly at the posters on the wall, hoping for some sign of auditions for the concert. "Should I have signed up with him...?"

Elves are ethereal, and the slim, limber Varriac is no exception. Turning his head away from the walls, he scrutinizes the people around him carefully, looking for someone who seems remotely helpful. Everyone seems so busy around here!

Streetwise: [roll0]

Drugged dwarf
2012-11-03, 10:33 AM
There was an unexpected pause in the orc's rather embarrassing attempt at writing, and he looked up, eyes locking with the figure before him.
Wazfug? The hefty legionnaire huntsman from Tir?

It was small, and brief, but the semblance of a cruel smile crept on his lips. He slammed the pen back into the stone table with a mighty thump, and pushed the papers back over to the goblin.

"Please, inform him the would-be bane of Tir forest that if he wishes dir for a true fight instead of the peasants he has been making a name out of, I will be more than happy to oblige."

fogrob
2012-11-03, 10:34 AM
3 successes! Close, but no cigar... So now, I'll take over just a little bit and introduce a complication.

Talking to a few people, you think you've figured out how to get there. Turning a corner, you arrive in an alley and see a young boy sitting against the wall, crying. As you approach, he dodges past, running back out of the alley. Taking his place and blocking the exit, three teen boys with clubs step out from doors along the side. One of them steps out, tapping the club in his open palm.

"Hello elf...you seem lost. We'd love to help you with directions...For a price.

fogrob
2012-11-03, 10:48 AM
Grat smiles and rubs his hands together with excitement.

"It will be known. In two suns, one hour after daybreak, he will meet Garrok, Axe Bearer".

Vesth
2012-11-03, 10:55 AM
Varriac NightSinger

Varriac swivels around at the sound, grinning at the sound, until his mind registers the weapons...and his grin stays stupidly on.

"Oh hey! I'm sure glad to see-oh. Oh. Oh. Uhh, are you by any chance, boy scouts? I've heard of those...helpful little boys that mean are friendly...maybe...?"

Taking a few steps back, he quickly glances back to see how far the dead end is from him, one hand rubbing the hilt of his blade.

"Uhh, what price are you talking about? Do you want me to help the crying boy? I'm good with that sort of thing..."

fogrob
2012-11-03, 11:01 AM
The boys move forward, menacingly.

"The price is for passage."

Coming closer, his eyes light up as he notices the flute.

"We're always willing to barter though, I'm sure that flute could bring us a good price."

Drugged dwarf
2012-11-03, 11:11 AM
Garrok

The exchange was made, the time of the duel was set. He had no lingering reason to stay. With a breath, he turned, walking out of the building wordlessly. There were other things to occupy his time.

Such as finding where the Singer went.

A scowled face started to head back to the hostel, eye out to see if he spots the elf anywhere.

Vesth
2012-11-03, 11:23 AM
Varriac NightSinger

"My...flute?" he said slowly, looking down at the precious piece of equipment, the case of which is sticking out slightly from his bag, for ease of access.

Rage welled up within him, dark and angry, a furious deposition that roared with fury as the red-blood feelings poured through his senses. His flute, the first and only way to his lineage as a NightSinger, the only thing that allowed him to be accepted, to be treated like a normal person, not being looked down by anyone and everyone...the only thing that allowed his to bypass his...condition, the first present he had ever come to love so much.

His precious flute. Treated like some common item to be bargained or taken, to pass between the grubby hands of some idiotic snot-nosed kids that know nothing about pain, about suffering about the history and past that came with it.

"No." he reiterated firmly. "No, no, no, NO!"

Who do you think YOU are, talking about my flute like it's...nothing, like it something that can be traded or sold. Who do you think you are, trying to take something that means so much to someone, a lifeline which you cannot possibly understand. WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!" he cried out in anger and anguish, as a small tear slid down his cheek.

With the ease of practice and the spirit of anger, he swiftly drew his sword, flicking it to the side in an tense, ready manner as he prepared to charged.

"Say your prayers, for what they matter to you."

Intention: Beat them, not kill them. Painfully.
Task: Slicing at them with the sword. Hitting them down with the pommel, cutting their clubs to little pieces, cutting them a little here and there...

fogrob
2012-11-03, 11:44 AM
So we're doing this as a standard versus test. The boys will be getting a +2D advantage, since there is three of them. If you wish, with a description, you can argue for a +1D advantage.

Their intent will be to get something of value from you. The task will be clubbing you enough to get it.

Whoever rolls the most successes wins the fight and gets their intent.

fogrob
2012-11-03, 12:51 PM
Ok, Varriac, this will be a standard versus test. You versus the three teens. The boys will be rolling as one with a +2D advantage for having superior numbers. You are more than welcome to argue for a +1D advantage using descriptive flavor to liven up the scene. Please post your argument before the roll though please.

The teen ruffians:

Intent: Take something of value from the elf
Task: Beat him until we can get something of value

Skill being tested by ruffians: Brawling B2
Total Dice being rolled: 4

Whoever rolls the highest number of successes wins and get's their intent.

Sorry for the double post, I thought my first one had been eaten.

Loki_42
2012-11-03, 05:36 PM
Ryan

My idiom will be pronounced. Also, I think I may have missed some information. What information do we have on Anchorhold?

My agenda upon arriving will be to gather any information in town, try to find out what kind of information people have regarding the situation in Bryzalt.

fogrob
2012-11-04, 08:51 AM
Ryan, I assume you're trying to find someone specifically with some knowledge and not just asking random people what they think?

If so, it sounds like a Circles test. You can bring in an NPC who shares a lifepath with you and hopefully would have the knowledge. Let me know who that is generally and exactly what your trying to find out and I'll let you know about your dice and Ob.

For any following along, circles is on pg. 377.

Vesth
2012-11-05, 06:57 AM
Screaming in anger, Varriac charged like an elf possessed, putting the three teens off-guard from the sheer furiosity and agressiveness. Even before any of them could act, he was already next to them, and Varriac's pommel slammed into the first teen's jaw, sending him flying away. The other two clubs quickly descended on the elf, but a quick twist and spin allowed him to dodge one and deflect the other. Not giving any chance to shift the tide of battle, he jumped towards the wall at an angle, kicking at it so he landed behind the teen on the left, his blade drawing a little blood as the human managed to react, giving him only a small cut. The other teen rushed in, but a heavy chop laced with righteous strength sundered his poor excuse of a weapon into two, and well-aimed kick to stomach sent him sprawling to the ground. The final teen slammed his club across Varriac's back, and the elf stumbled under the unexpected blow, but as he raised his weapon up for another strike, Varriac quickly spun around and snarled at his foe, grabbing the head of the club in a vice-like grip. Tugging it towards him, he pushed his own sword towards him, forcing the teen to let go, stumbling to the ground to prevent himself from getting impaled from his own momentum. But even before he could get back up, Varriac sauntered over to him, reversing his grip on his sword, before stabbing it clean through the human's right leg.

Varriac's attack: [roll0] with sword length advantage and spending a Persona point for +2D, ONLY if possibility of win, reroll traitor: [roll1]

Ruffian's attack: [roll2]

fogrob
2012-11-05, 07:49 AM
Garrok, you begin walking through the town, searching for the elf. You make your way through the crowds quickly, as people rush to stay out of your way. Just as you're about to give up, you hear the familiar sounds of battle.

Looking to the direction of the noise, you see two battered and beaten teens running from an alley, and a third lying on the ground, a sword impaling his bloody right leg.

Standing behind them as the dust clears, you see the elf standing there, breathing heavily as he leans against the wall.

Drugged dwarf
2012-11-05, 11:50 AM
The sounds of glorious battle was something the gladiator was used to. Steel on steel, the cried roaring, the smell of blood. It was where he belonged, against a worthy opponent, a weapon in hand.

So when the familiar scent of should clashing reached his senses, it would have taken a miracle for him not to look. He walked forward, glancing at the alleyway, paying no heed to the two boys running by him, and more to the form of the Singer stood over his body.
"Hmph," he exclaimed, taking his time to survey his surroundings.

"you make one a cripple, for daring to approach you, but allow his friends to leave with nay a scratch on them. Perhaps we are not as alike as I thought we were"

Loki_42
2012-11-05, 03:19 PM
Not wanting to reveal himself to the nobility, Ryan will seek one of the outcasts of society who nonetheless may have picked up some court gossip. He believes he knows of a wandering performer who sometimes makes rounds in Anchorhold, and will search for him.

I guess I'm rolling Circles to look for an Itinerant Performer.

Edit: Intent: To learn of any important gossip about my brother's actions.
Task: Finding a bard who may have overheard information.

fogrob
2012-11-06, 07:36 AM
Ryan, I'll set this as an Ob.1 Circles test. I assume you're asking around, buying drinks etc. If you exceed the obstacle of the test, you'll be able to name your contact and have a +1D advantage to tracking them down in the future.

Also, don't forget to mark this down as a Routine test for Circles.

Edit: Almost forgot...Are you still going by Ryan in your current disguise? Also, could you fill out the other char sheet for ease of reading? I believe there's a link in the chat or on the forums.

Edit 2: Included the link for your convenience.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtQYagVkp1hHdFlDekRGOERNNDNNaXV6bDExakhXL Xc

Vesth
2012-11-06, 08:36 AM
Varriac NightSinger

Varriac sighed, looking very weary, and he slowly slid down the wall, until he reached a sitting position. Ignoring the orc, he removed his flute from his bag and hugged it tightly and silently for a full minute. Wiping red-rimmed eyes across his sleeve, he placed the flute back into his bag...this time deeper in, so passerbys wouldn't be able to see it was there. Standing up again, he croaked, "It's a clean cut. It'll heal in a month or two...if he doesn't struggle."

Settling down in front of the kid, Varriac sat down in from of the kid.

"What is your name, kid?"
"Lenneth, sir. I'm sorry, please don't kill me..." tears stream down his face as the pain of his wound begins to take hold.
"Are those your friends?"
He looks back out towards the street where they ran away. "I guess so, doesn't seem like it now..."
"Why are you robbing people of their important belongings? Who was that crying kid?" Varriac said, standing up again, gripping the hilt of the sword.
"We were hungry sir. There just wasn't enough to eat. The crying kid is my brother, Tom. He's not quite big enough to do the robbin' yet."
Sighing, Varriac pulled the sword out of his thigh. "Do you think robbing is going to solve anything? Putting others through misery everything you do so? Do you have parents? People who look after you?"
Lenneth is barely able to remain conscious once the sword is removed and looks at the elf angrily. "We take care of ourselves."
"You'll...you'll help me?"
""Yes, but only if you promise to work hard, and never do something like this again"
"Yes sir, certainly sir."

With that, he lifted the boy onto his back, walking out of the alley with Garrok in tow, his sword slid back into his scabbard after a brief wipe.

"Say, where is the nearest hospital? And while we're travelling, what do you know about the concert?"

Drugged dwarf
2012-11-06, 09:11 AM
Garrok

Cold, steel eyes watched the elf as he knelt by the boy, his voice a soothing platatide amist the boy's sobs. A pang of mistrust rose in the orc, and he poised, ready to strike if the would-be thief would dare strike back at the elf's moment of weakness. But it passed, and soon he was back on the road, the thief in tow, leading them to the nearest clinic that he knew.

A state he was rather unhappy with.

"Your affinity for mercy is amicable," he started, a snort from his nose showing his distaste. "Perhaps foolish, but amicable. These boys seem to have tried to do you harm, now you iwsh for him to heal?"

The elf looked up at him, a sheepish grin on his face. "What else could I do? I suffered a fair lot when I was younger, and if I can introduce more people into the wonders of music..."

"You keep this up, they will introduce you to a sharp blade." He snorted, looking away, "Keep your wits about you. Anchorhold is no town to be alone."

Wordlessly, he continued, wandering through the streets, heading through the streets, till they reached the port of Anchorhold.

It was a burstling place, a gateway to most of the land, and a source of living for many of Anchorhold's residents. Already, fishermen boats could be seen in the distance, earning their keep whilst guiding larger ships and convoys through it's rather convoluted reef ecosystem.

At the docks themselves, all manner of specialised boats came and went, some docking at a specific spot in the day, others sailing along the coast of Anchorhold to where they were needed. It was one of the anchored boats that the two seeked - a large floating longboat, with the sign of clinic attached to its bow.

Garrok ushered for the two to follow him, and stepped onto the fairly busy floating clinic, calling out for assistance and aid.

Loki_42
2012-11-06, 02:27 PM
Circles Test:

[roll0]

Edit: Alright, so I can find the guy, but I can't name him. And yeah, I'll go by Ryan in my disguises too, generally. I might adopt a different name for certain things, but first names are generally common enough.

fogrob
2012-11-07, 07:35 AM
Ryan, your search leads you to a musician's hall on the Northeast side of the city. There are many performers gathered around, practicing and auditioning for an upcoming concert. You've begun a conversation with one in particular.

Wearing a furry orange and black striped shirt, he sits at the stool next to you, discussing the king.

"...but like I said, things have truly changed in the capital. There's rumors the King's engaged in the Dark Arts and just isn't himself anymore."

Garrok & Varriac

You find an attendant and they soon begin working on the now unconscious Lenneth's leg. As you well know, payment will be expected before he is allowed to leave. Many a wounded man has spent years paying off his debt on the boats and docks of Anchorhold.

What do you do now?

Loki_42
2012-11-09, 09:25 AM
"The Dark Arts, you say? Is there any more information you can tell me?"

If the performer doesn't give me any more information, I'll leave to go regroup with Garrok and Varriac.

fogrob
2012-11-10, 07:52 AM
"It's said he's begun to change...to become something else. Of course that could be just rumors, fantasy talk from the small folk. He's also taken a renewed interest in finding his brothers killer. Many suspected citizens have been taken to the dungeons for...questioning. I've also heard he's been sending patrols out to find others."

Drugged dwarf
2012-11-10, 09:59 AM
The attendants were as you would expect in a town like Anchorhold - brisk, curt, and to the point. It was not the first time he would be in a hospice of such caliber, nor, thanks to his profession, would it be the last, and he did not envy the ruffian they had broug]ht one bit.

He stepped out onto the docks, walking away, as he spoke again, this time his voice lowered to how his slight irritation. "Your urge for mercy has been saited. The boy will be taken care of here. Now we attend to our own business."

""I wonder though," the elf replied, keeping up with his stride. "With all the fighting in the tournament, you'll expect treatment for injuries to be cheaper, if not free. After all, it isn't possible to have every injured fighter working for years to pay off debt"

"There are people who support us. Backers. Sponsors. Those too weak to take the challenge themselves, but feel a sickening need to contribute. They have the money to burn on trivial matters, such as debt." He look back at the hospice, non-chalantly adding, "for the boy... there is none."

"You are entering the tournament, are you not? Can't you use their aid for this?"

There was a slight pause in his step to the elf's question, already, he could feel a small bubble of anger behind his eyes at the implication. A strong grunt blows steam through his nose, and a hand gingerly grips his tusk to calm him down as he replies. "I am an axebearer. The title alone grants me the care I need. But it is only spread amongst those great enough amongst my people, not for common..." He struggled to find the least offensive word in his mind, "human... folk that wish to rob you of your precious life." Also, why should I care, was the statement he did not wish to add to that sentence, less he sparked a qualm between them.

The elf's reply was well worded, better addressed, and made it's point better than anything he had ever said. "I understand your concerns...but would you rather have him working his life off just to pay off a debt? A situation that can be avoided. And if your argument is on his decision to rob...well, rather me, than a life of robbing other poor, defenceless people."

As Garrok attempted to quickly retort, the Singer held up a hand and added, "I know what you want to say. And I'll leave the decision to you. There are other ways I can persue if you are unwilling - and I completely understand if you are. But I made promises, and I always try my best to keep them."

Smiling again, he laughs a little. "Now, how is the tournament going? Do you know who you're against yet?"

The last statement was lost on him, and he stopped walking for a moment. Words were never his strong point - a punch to the face can tell you all you need to know about a situation, where words were just facilitators to deception and lies, built to contribute to whatever the lips they left wanted. He hated that more than anything, especially amongst the Servants of the Black that used it to get their own way. But Varriac always made a good point with his, one of the many reasons why he stuck around with him.

It was difficult for the orc to not beligerently plow forward, heedless of whatever anyone else said, but a promise had been made, and he had learnt that without the support of the others, he will not get far in his goals. He had to be fair, and ask for help, if he wished to work with other races better.

"Well then," he began, trying not to sound sheepish, "What should we do?"

"Enough about that! Let's focus on you. How did the sign-ups go?"

He turned his head away from Varriac, his eyes now burning with irritation. Damn him, he thought, the one damn time I finally agree with him and he goes and changes the damn subject! Admist his rage, however, a smile crept up to his face. He had to learn to get better with words, or the Singer will end up leaving him behind.

He calmed his tones, and carefully continued the conversation. "Better than expected. Anchorhold was written off as a town of peasants and disgraced fighters... but I found one who is more than capable of giving me a good challenge. Our meet is two sunrises away. Dawn. It will be glorious."

"So is there anything you need? Sparring with me to get you in shape? Go around the town to find out more about your opponent and your arena? Shopping to sharpen your axe or some special supplies?"

"What I need... is to find out where our good old Duke has gone. The man seperated from us when we got here. for what, I do not care. But we should find him, in case some children wish to take his valuables as well."

"Ha! We should! Do you have any idea where he could be?"

He paused in thought, trying to think up what he knew about their third companion - his motives, his tastes, his tendency to wander off on his own, and came up with a viable answer:"Not. A. clue."

Varriac sighed, stretching his neck as he looks at the sky. "Well, no use looking for Riss when we don't know where he is..."

"Then we wait at the hostel for him."

"Ahh...please go there first! I have something to settle..."

He took a moment to look over at the elf again, not sure what it was that he spoke off, but hoping it had nothing to do with the rent, as he lead the two towards the hostel that they were staying in.

Loki_42
2012-11-10, 05:49 PM
Ryan thanks the bard and makes his way out of the musician's hall. He's found some information, and it is time to share that with his friends.

He searches for Varriac and Garrok.

Vesth
2012-11-13, 06:44 AM
With a wave, Varriac takes off in the opposite direction, weaving though alleys and streets, alive with tourists and locals, the festive mood thick in the air. Multiple signposts and twisting paths only serve to confuse the lone adventurer, as the elf was before, but the intructions by the boy made his path clear as day.

After a good half an hour of travelling, the NightSinger finally spots the place, an grand circular structure made of white stone and blue tinted glass that revealed a mass of people milling within. Even from this distance, it is obvious that the building is actually made of three concentric circles centering an exquisite garden...sheltered by a glass dome, so the blistering heat of day will not heat the instruments and the blinding glare of the sun will not hinder the eyes.

Varriac nervously removes his instrument case from his bag, his fingers going over the fingering of one of his pieces as he steps into the entrance in the outermost ring, a foyer that stretches into the numerous soundproof rooms for practice and a few larger ones reserved as theatres.

Looking around, he approaches the nearest official-looking person he could see.

"Um...I heard there were auditions here for the concert?"

fogrob
2012-11-15, 08:29 PM
The organizer looks up from his paper work and nods toward a table towards the back of the room.

"Ah...another musician for our concert. What a fantastic event this will be! Audition sign ups are right over there."

As you take note of the location, you notice a familiar face finishing up a conversation not far from you.

(Ryan, hope you don't mind, I backed up up just a bit there so you can meet Varriac)

Vesth
2012-11-16, 07:45 AM
"Oh hey, Riss!" Varriac called out to his friend, "Are you signing up for the concert too?" he asked, as he approached Ryan.

Loki_42
2012-11-16, 06:23 PM
Ryan laughs as the elf approaches him. "Surely you've known me long enough to know I don't possess that kind of talent! And the name's Ryan now, remember?" Ryan gazes out at the music hall, troubled at the information he just received there. "No, I was just here to ask some questions, I figured some of these traveling bard sorts could have had some information about... well, you know."

Drugged dwarf
2012-11-16, 08:13 PM
He approached the pair, arms still folded, eyes looking at the crowd with slight distrust. There were far too many people here who used words as a means to do their work. As a tool to further their careers. As a deadly weapon to cut whatever stands in their way.

For Garrok, a weapon that he cannot perceive is a dangerous weapon indeed.

"I certainly hope it was worth the trip, Duke," he piped in, taking a breath. "Anchorhold may have a fine arena, but the smell of the docks is enough to keep me away."

Vesth
2012-11-16, 11:34 PM
"Oh yes, oh yes, Ryan! So...did you find the information you were looking for?" Varriac asked curiously.

Loki_42
2012-11-17, 10:59 PM
"I can't say it was what I was looking for. Things are bad. Word is, there's something changing my brother, and a connection to the 'dark arts'. I fear things can only get worse from here." Ryan sighs, then looks at his friends. "Enough about me, what did you two get up too?"

Vesth
2012-11-17, 11:14 PM
"Ah...me and Garrok found two children we decided to take in. But now they're injured, and we need to find some way to pay for them..." Varriac laughed sheepishly.

Drugged dwarf
2012-11-18, 04:03 AM
"By children, he would mean would be thieves. By injured, he means taking an elven blade to the knee. By 'we' he means himself and me dragged in kicking and screaming.

"So says our Singer." His arms are still folded, and he looks at the crowd as he speaks.

fogrob
2012-11-20, 07:41 AM
Sorry to interrupt, but whenever you guys are done talking here, let me know where you're plans are next.

I'm going with by now it's closing in on evening in Anchorhold. Sunrise after next is the fight.

Varriac, when should the concert happen? Before the fight, after, another time?

Loki_42
2012-11-23, 08:08 PM
Ryan nods at Varriac's statement. "Well, my pockets don't run quite as deep as they used too, but if you need help paying for this I'm glad to help you with what I can."

Drugged dwarf
2012-11-27, 06:49 AM
Eyes were rolled, shoulders shrugged, and an irritable jet of steam was set loose from his nostrils. A hand rose to twist his one remaining tusk, and twisted it, feeling it start to ache.

"I see," he started, a hand waving across his face to wipe away the vapour. "Well... when a man's mind is set, who am I to allow you to see reason. If you need me, I will be preparing for the banquet. My axe will need tending."

With that, he turns on his heels, heading back to the hostel they are staying at to prepare for the banquet later.

fogrob
2012-11-27, 08:28 AM
It would appear that everyone is caught up with what they need to do. I'm going to fast forward to fight time if that's ok. Varriac, I assume you are with the band?

Ryan? Are you sitting in the stands, or are you doing something else?

Garrok, what are your preparations right before the fight?

PS, I'm going to try and stick to the forums more, so we're not so fractured with our information. Trying to sort through both forums and chat logs is a bit cumbersome.

Loki_42
2012-11-27, 07:26 PM
Having nothing else immediately to attend too, Ryan will support Garrok from the stands.

Drugged dwarf
2012-11-27, 09:11 PM
((Before the fight - sharpen blades, check that armour is in order, IGNORE problem with the boy's health bill, eat a lot, and be well rested for the second day))

Vesth
2012-11-27, 10:05 PM
Do I have to audition, or do we skip that? :O