PDA

View Full Version : The XCOM Files

RagingKrikkit
2012-10-08, 04:15 PM
All cheeze aside, I have XCOM: Enemy Unknown on preorder from Amazon, set to arrive the 11th. But, a thought has occured to me: why should I keep all the gaming goodness to myself? As such, I have decided to do something in the vein of a Let's Play, but as I have no form of capture device, I figured I'll do a write-up of the game, posts taking the form of diary entries, mission reports, and the like. I'll be playing on normal difficulty with named units, and you are free to suggest characters for me to use, or to volunteer yourselves for frontline duty. I'm not doing a good job of advertising this, am I? Let me say it like this: I'M PLAYING XCOM!!!!1 JOIN TEH BANDGAGON!!1 Nah, that's not working either. Hopefully you know what I mean.

Roster (Only 1 per general category)
Clint "X" [REDACTED] (RL friend)
Abraham "X" [REDACTED] (RL friend)
Aaron "X" [REDACTED] (RL friend)
Zachary "X" [REDACTED] (RL friend)
Ben "X" [REDACTED] (RL friend)
Jonas "X" [REDACTED] (RL friend)
Bradley "X" [REDACTED] (RL friend)
Steve "Captain" Rodgers (Marvel)
Samantha "X" Hayes (veteran of Iskandar's X-Com LP)
May "Commander" Shepard (Mass Effect, personal character)
John "Jack" Ryan (Tom Clancy)
Gary "Roach" Sanderson (Call of Duty)
Lloyd "Wolf" Reed (Fire Emblem)
Luke "Rouge" Skywalker (Star Wars)
Ronald "Gipper" Regan (President)

nooblade
2012-10-08, 07:10 PM
I'm in. Furthermore, send me out of the Skyranger first!

Here's hoping this guy lives.

stabbybelkar
2012-10-08, 11:21 PM
I vote that you include one Zaphod Beeblebrox to you team. I don't know what you'd use for his nickname, but presumably it would either be about him have two heads, or his ginormous, planet-sized ego.

RagingKrikkit
2012-10-09, 04:17 PM
It's here! The game begins now!

RagingKrikkit
2012-10-15, 11:23 AM
I have a confession to make: I got way ahead of myself and finished the game. Fortunately, I took notes. However, this will be much more of a spectator sport than I originally intended.