PDA

View Full Version : Awakened animal equipment slots?

Tvtyrant
2012-10-09, 03:13 AM
What item slots does an awakened animal have? Is it different for an awakened plant?

Jeff the Green
2012-10-09, 04:07 AM
WotC recommends the following (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031125a) for animals

One skull cap or helm
One pair of lenses or goggles
One collar
One saddle blanket or vest
One saddle or jacket
One belt or strap worn in front of or over the haunches
One pectoral or harness worn over the chest or shoulders
One pair foreleg bracers
One pair of foreleg shoes or mitts -- hoofed creatures wear shoes and creatures with paws wear mitts
Two rings -- creatures with toes wear rings on the toes and creatures with hooves wear "rings" just above fore hooves
One pair of hind leg shoes or mitts -- hoofed creatures wear shoes and creatures with paws wear mitts

Don't really know about plants.

olentu
2012-10-09, 04:13 AM
Check the rules compendium page 84. It depends on what the creature looks like.

_flint_
2012-10-11, 05:53 PM
plants vary widely anatomically, but I'll try my best to think of something

EDIT: NVM, trees only

Weapon: Up to branches can be assigned to each hold a weapon, or simultaneously hold one two handed weapon. Possibly allow other branches to help wield 3-handed weapons just as easily as two handed weapons.

Armor(Bark?)- Wrapped around trunk

Ornaments- up to seven

Tvtyrant
2012-10-11, 06:48 PM
Now it can go from being a christmas tree fighter, to an actual christmas tree!

Soooo many anklets of translocation!

DarthCyberWolf
2012-10-11, 11:29 PM
Hmm, so what could you put on a penguin?

...what?

Ashtagon
2012-10-12, 02:58 AM
Hmm, so what could you put on a penguin?

...what?

Just put it on the bill.

lunar2
2012-10-12, 02:26 PM
if it has the same number of limbs as a human, i'd say give it the same number of item slots, and just refluff the individual items (boots of speed become horseshoes of speed, for example).

Devmaar
2012-10-12, 07:31 PM
if it has the same number of limbs as a human, i'd say give it the same number of item slots, and just refluff the individual items (boots of speed become horseshoes of speed, for example).

How do you intend to differentiate between the arms and hands of a penguin?

lunar2
2012-10-13, 12:09 PM
wing bands and ribbons. bands wrap around the wing up near the shoulder, while ribbons are tied on lower down. rings go on the feet, or may be have a clip and can be placed around the leg.

DarthCyberWolf
2012-10-13, 02:38 PM
wing bands and ribbons. bands wrap around the wing up near the shoulder, while ribbons are tied on lower down. rings go on the feet, or may be have a clip and can be placed around the leg.

Yenius! *Writes it down*