PDA

View Full Version : How to build this poltergeist

CreganTur
2012-10-10, 02:00 PM
My players, please don't read this.

I'm going to be running a 3.P game in the near future. Some of my players are bringing over characters from a previous campaign so I want to bring in something from that campaign as a joke to have a little fun with everyone. Here's the story:

Basically my Theurge was a bit of a joke in the party because he kept constantly dying. A lot of it was bad luck and some of it was no coverage/coordination with the other players. I rolled a new character and the DM just told them that the Theurge refused to be brought back.

I want to add something to the Theurge to make him like a poltergeist, but still able to also cast spells. I just want to mess with the carry-over characters a little. Nothing much at first- just wierd things happening that they can't explain... standard poltergeist stuff... but later I actually want him to be an encounter.

This is a high level game- we're starting at level 11 and they'll probably be somewhere around 13 or 14th level before I actually let them take on the polter-theurge directly.

I really need to know how to handle things like True Seeing or similiar spells that could spoil the reveal.

Jeff the Green
2012-10-10, 02:18 PM
For true seeing, consider an ethereal item of constant fog cloud. Unless they're within 5 ft., all they'll see is a mysterious mist.

For poltergeisty stuff, maybe check out Ghostwalk. It's 3.0, but it's easy to convert, and there are some feats specifically for poltergeists.