PDA

View Full Version : Irresistible Force Paradox

SoliaTera
2012-10-10, 03:28 PM
I was looking about how to make a character similar to this character that appears in one piece http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Vergo

So to sum it up i want a build that can
1.Change the density of his body
2.Absorb spell(without or with the use of level 9 spells without preferably)
3.Change the density of other object for attacking purposes
4.Isn't affect affect by falling from large heights
5.Can "fly" by jumping
6. Stupid high ac(touch & flatfooted)
7. Stupid high will and fort save not so much on reflex
8. ECL 32 to 33 so you have alot of room
9. High Atk bonus and damage output
10.High DR

Thanks for your help

nedz
2012-10-10, 06:28 PM
Rod of Absorption handles 2)

SoliaTera
2012-10-10, 07:15 PM
Thank you but I was looking of maybe not using magic items

panaikhan
2012-10-11, 07:29 AM
I can think of things that come close, but not exactly what you want.
There is a Barbarian variant that gives you DR.
There is a Monk ability (I believe) that means you only have to start and end your movement on the 'floor' (i.e. run along walls and ceiling) or maybe the 'wind walk' spell as a SA.
Monks can lessen damage from falling, can have a high AC.
Do you want to absorb spells, or simply not be effected by them? Some races have SR.
Psionics can alter body density, object density, lessen damage from falling, maybe even fly.

Feralventas
2012-10-11, 01:26 PM
1.Change the density of his body
Ghost Savage Progression online with Eidalon (Ghostwalk source) Feats to maintain corporeality when you want it.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a

2.Absorb spell(without or with the use of level 9 spells without preferably)
Spellfire Feat and Spellfire Channeler class in Magic of Faerun; this is a very sub-optimal method but it might suit your wants. It only works if you ready an action to absorb the spell, and the spell must target you. You can also work with team-mates to intentionally absorb them. Spellfire then can be channeled into weak damage or healing options.

3.Change the density of other object for attacking purposes
Ghost touch weapons Might help you here, but I'm not sure. Alternatively, Brilliant energy weapons also help. What kind of Object are you talking about? Enemy weapons? your own? Improvised weapons?

4.Isn't affect affect by falling from large heights
Eidalon feat again; Ghost Glide gives you a fly speed of 5. Ghost Flight gives you 30, and Improved gives you 40 and lets you take a run action with it, but that's a pretty heafty investment.

5.Can "fly" by jumping
Can fly by Feat, but a 2 level dip in Warblade gets you Leaping Dragon Stance (+10ft to any jump check you make, before actual jump rules which are distance=jump check result and height= jump check result divided by 4).
If Pathfinder is available, 4 levels in Rogue while using your Rogue Talents to take the Ninja Tricks High Jump (spend a ki point to get +20 to jump; doesn't Require you to have a ki pool to take) and Acrobatic Master (Reduces height DC by making it height=jump check result divided by 2) so with Wealth By Level and some item-boosting gear you can pretty easily get upwards of 20 or 30 feet per jump at low-mid to mid levels depending on how much you focus on it. Alternatively, just don't tell anyone you have a flight speed.
Edit: Sorry, it'd take 4 levels of Warblade, or 3 levels of swordsage (2 if your initiator level has boosts from other HD which equal 1/2 initiator level in addition to your initiator class.) I'd still advise the Warblade levels as you could use the full BAB as much as possible when you can get it.

6. Stupid high ac(touch & flatfooted)
AC boosting is easy enough, but if you want a list of easy stat-to-ac stuff, check out Person Man's x-stat to y-bonus list. For some basics.
1 level dip in Battle Dancer for Cha to AC. 1 level dip in Monk with Kung-Fu Genius for Int to AC. 1 level dip in Druid's Unearthed Arcana variant that trades Wild Shape for some Monk and Ranger abilities, including Wis to AC.
Then Fist of the Forest for Constitution to AC, and ALL of these are great vs touch. Then you just either scroll UMD or wondrous item Mage Armor and greater Mage armor along with some natural armor items. Alternatively (and I don't suggest this because this is already sounding like it's going to be a pretty terribly sup-op character) Vow of Poverty also grants you an Armor bonus with no magic items, as well as extra Deflection and natural armor bonuses.
Edit: Don't forget that straight-up Armor, Shield, and Combat Expertise can also work in your favor, but that most of the methods above are mutually exclusive with armor, or shields. (Combat expertise is an option but you Really don't have the BAB to take more penalties as far as I'm seeing.)
7. Stupid high will and fort save not so much on reflex
With all of those class-dips I suggested above, all of your saves will be looking at +2's every other level; your saves should be fine with decent Con and Wisdom scores.

8. ECL 32 to 33 so you have alot of room
Sweet Jesus we can make this work. I am horrified that this is going to work, but then again I'm helping another player go UABarbarian10/Monk1/Swashbuckler3/rogue4/Fighter2/FistofForest3/Druid7 so I guess this is hardly my first atrocity.

9. High Atk bonus and damage output
Okay, all that multi-classing is going to shoot your BAB in the leg several times. You can still get attack boosts from weapons, items, and stats, but that may not help much. Consider getting either a Brilliant Energy Weapon or (no, not again!) a dip in Warlock for Eldritch Glaive to hit with touch attacks.
Edit: Even so, you're not looking at an easy damage boost on its own since most of your feats are being spent on other oddities and utilities. This means that your main options for damage output are going to be either 1, full progression on Spellfire Channeler, which is Not a viable method at 30+level. 2, Use your Druid level or levels to use druid spell wands, items, scrolls and staves to get their high level damage spells or 3, take dips in Warblade or Swordsage throughout your progression as your initiator level improves from both the Initiator and non-initiator levels (the latter at 1/2 progress) so even if you don't go warblade 20, you can potentially Initiate at 17th or so by level 30 and have high level (and therefore high damage) maneuvers known. Combined with a touch-attack method, Death From Above (level 9 Tiger Claw School maneuver) would deal a save-or-die, and if the save is made, deals weapon damage +20d6.

10.High DR
Fey Heritage feats can grant DR5 cold iron. Proceeding with Warlock gets a little more there, or take another druid variant to get Turn/Rebuke to qualify for Eldritch Disciple qualification to get it there. There are also feats to take that grant DR2 below epic levels, or DR3 for epic feat slots, and the Vow of Poverty suggestion grants DR5/magic, then 5/evil, then 10/evil.

I Really hope that this isn't for a game that needs to be well optimized.

Feralventas
2012-10-11, 02:46 PM
Okay, so I thought through some of that, and I think the most effective method of getting through all of those options is going to resemble the following.

8 levels of Warblade to start off with.
Gets you the basic maneuvers and stances, as well as a good start to your Saves as the Diamond Mind school has maneuvers you can learn that let you use a Concentration Check in place of a save, one maneuver for each save; might want to get these via Martial Study and I think you'll be able to use and recover them via the normal warblade means since you have actual initiator levels. Not to mention that between the classes you'll be taking your Fort and Will should be fine, but just in case you're not happy with them as-is. You use these levels to Mostly focus on Tiger Claw though, gaining Leaping Dragon Stance and other fun jumping attacks.
5 levels of Druid.
There are some very nice low-level utility spells that are always nice to have, in addition to being able to use wands, scrolls and such for the whole druid list if you can get to them. Especially nice are the quick, temporary shape-shift spells that you can use for brief periods to make up for the lack of Wild Shape's easy escape options. In addition, the UA variant on page 58 also grants Unarmored AC, Fast Movement as a Monk of equal level, as well as Favored Enemy, Swift Tracker and Tracking abilities as a Ranger of equal level. Doesn't seem to grant Improved Unarmed Strike, but you'll get that soon, presuming you even want/need it.
1 level in Battle Dancer
+2 to Reflex save isn't bad, but +1 BAB helps your fighting aspect and Charisma to AC is another nice touch.
1 level in Chaos Monk
http://www.scribd.com/doc/40038423/D-D-35-Class-Varients
Page 50. This allows for Chaotic Alignment. We already have Wisdom to AC, so you take Kung-Fu Genius feat (Dragon Magic Compendium) to nab Int to AC as well.

So now you're level 15, have +12 BAB, and are MAD as all get out. But that won't matter much because you've got 30+ levels of Wealth By Level to deal with that, and it's not like you need to set high DC's because you'll be hitting things for damage (though Strength is pretty much your most important stat if you mean to stick with the Tiger Claw focus for damage).

Now then, if your DM allows Pathfinder, here's where those Rogue levels would go, 4 of them, but since that's not a guarantee, I'll leave those out for now. If it gets okay'd by your group/dm, then those go there.

That said, you're also level 15 and have Initiator level of 11, so if you can't get the rogue levels, jump into Warblade for another 4 here, bringing you up to Initiator 15 at 19th level, with BAB 16, so you'll have 4 attacks per round at epic levels, and that's a nice touch even if you don't use it on its own.

So then, for level 20, Warlock for that Eldritch Glaive invocation, as well as to drop a couple skill ranks into UMD, Spellcraft, Knowledge Arcana and the like. This puts you in a perfect position to jump right into Spellfire Channeler at level 21-30.

So now at level 30, you have Initiator level 20, BAB+23, lots of nifty abilities and have generally made a very oddly cobbled together character. You said 32 to 33, so if 32 you'll probably want to focus on Warblade for 31 and Ghost progression for 32. If it's 33cap, then Warblade can be two, or seeing as Spellfire Channeler needs a high Constitution, and that you want high AC, a level in Fist of the Forest also grants you Constitution to AC as well as fitting nicely with Druid/Warblade fluff-wise. Alternatively, just warblade for 2 to pick up those last, high level maneuvers and then Ghost.