PDA

View Full Version : 3.5/PF build help

razorback
2012-10-10, 09:46 PM
So, IRL, we just started a new game with three PC's, including myself.
3rd encounter my Aasimar monk/paladin gets squashed. Terribly.

Now, I need a replacement character. It's PF with 3.5, where PF rules override the 3.5 rules. Other two characters are Tiefling Wizard/Warblade and a Goliath Barbarian/Druid.
Oh, 1st level gestalt.
Stats are 16-16-15-14-17-14 (can place wherever I want)

We are light on the healing and on skills, so I was thinking of filling both roles to an extent. I've been throwing around Ranger(trapper)/Cleric, Rogue/Cleric, etc.
But, not to step on toes too much, but I've loved the fluff of both the Bloodclaw Master and Bloodstorm Blade from TOB... and have been beating my head into how to incorporate both... along with some rogue and cleric thrown in.

So, one question is: in Pathfinder, is there a multiclass penalty above the +1 skill/hp per level? I couldn't find anything in the core book.

Second, I know that I'm going to be wearing too many hats to be effective, but any advice to keep this guy viable while being fun? I'm thinking Warblade1/Rogue1 at first, then WB2/Cleric1 at second, and then???

Any advice would be appreciated.

The Redwolf
2012-10-10, 10:11 PM
Quick question, is this gestalt? It looks like it's gestalt based off of how you're saying stuff, but you guys could just be multiclass happy so I have to ask.

Sorry, it blended in and I missed it.

razorback
2012-10-10, 10:28 PM
Quick question, is this gestalt? It looks like it's gestalt based off of how you're saying stuff, but you guys could just be multiclass happy so I have to ask.
Yup, line just above the stats.

razorback
2012-10-12, 07:10 AM
After the wife threw the cat out at 4 this morning, I sat in bed for about an hour letting my thoughts drift when this occurred to me~
One side Warblade/Bladebound Magus/Bloodstorm Master
The other side, some variation of Factotum/Rogue/Cleric... 1, 2, or all 3.

LordBlades
2012-10-12, 07:22 AM
After the wife threw the cat out at 4 this morning, I sat in bed for about an hour letting my thoughts drift when this occurred to me~
One side Warblade/Bladebound Magus/Bloodstorm Master
The other side, some variation of Factotum/Rogue/Cleric... 1, 2, or all 3.

You could go factotum/warblade/bloodclaw master on one side, and archivist(Heroes of Horror) on the other. Archivist provides a wider spell selection and much better int synergy than the cleric.

Alternatively you could build a warblade-based melee powerhouse on one side, and go cloistered cleric (UA) on the other side for spells and skills. If you need trapfinding, pick up kobold domain (Races of the Dragon web enhancement).

razorback
2012-10-12, 08:22 AM
Thanks, I'll check out those options.

razorback
2012-10-17, 08:26 AM
So, thanks for the Archivist idea LordBlades, but I couldn't fit the levels in. That being said, I think I could effectively swap Magus and Bloodstorm Blade for Archivist and keep the feel of the character while only loosing a bit on the combat side, if at all.
Here is what I've come up with, so far.

{table=head]Level|Class1 / Class 2|Feats
1st|Figter 1 / Bladebound Magus 1 | TWF (fighter) and Weapon Finesse
2nd | Factotum 1 / BB Magus 2 | none
3rd | Warblade 1 / BB Magus 3 | Dervish Dance
4th | WBlade 2 / BB Magus 4 |none
5th | Swordsage 1 / BB Magus 5 |feat & bonus feat (Magus)
6th | SSage 2 / BB Magus 6 |none
7th | Factotum 2 / Bloodclaw Master 1| feat
8th | SSage 3 / Bloodclaw Master 2 |none
9th | Factotum 3 / Bloodclaw Master 3 | feat
10th | Bloodstorm Blade 1 / BB Magus 7 |none
11th | BS Blade 2 / BB Magus 8 | feat
12th | BS Blade 3 / BB Magus 9 | bonus fighter feat (BSB)
13th | BS Blade 4 / BB Magus 10 |feat
14th | SSage 4 / BB Magus 11 | bonus feat (Magus)
15th | WBlade 3 / BB Magus 12 |feat
16th | WBlade 4 / BB Magus 13 |none
17th | SSage 5 / BB Magus 14 | feat
18th | SSage 6 / BB Magus 15 |none
19th | SSage 7 / BB Magus 16 | feat
20th | SSage 8 / BB Magus 17 | bonus feat (Magus) [/table]

14th on I could also easily go either just Warblade or Swordsage.
Using Warblades Weapon Aptitude to use Dervish Dance with kukri to use TWF when not casting spells.
+19 BAB, +5 kukri via Bladebound Magus, 6th (max) level Magus spells, Warblade initiator level 10, Swordsage initiator level 15 (including Bloodclaw Master).
I am unsure if droping Warblade at 15th and 16th for Swordsage. I'd be giving up Battle Ardor, 1 maneuver known, 1 manuever readied, 1 known stance, and 1 BAB. In return I'd gain Evasion, another +1 to Quick to Act, 1 maneuver known, and 1 maneuver readied... at higher levels than Warblade, allowing him a 9th level maneuver.

I have 12 feats to play around with, too.

Any suggestions, as always, would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: One thing to point out with the Magus side. I've gone with Samsaran (Advanced Races) and used the alternate racial feature Mystic Past Life in order to gain 5 spells from another arcane list... from bard, cure light wounds, cure moderate wounds, cure serious wounds, cure critical wounds... and probably good hope.

razorback
2012-10-28, 10:08 PM
So, after repeated tweaks, I ended up taking your advice, LoB's.

I have some holes to finish building but here is the design~

{table=head]Level|Class1 / Class 2|Feats
1st|Gladiator Fighter 1 / Archivist 1 | TWF (bonus fighter), Performance Weapon Mastery (gladiator fighter bonus), Scribe Scroll (archivist bonus), Persuasive (1st level feat *need to be the party face, too*)
2nd | Factotum 1 / Archivist 2 | none
3rd | Warblade 1 / Archivist 3 | Iron Heart Aura *not sure if I qualify for this at 3rd, though
4th | WBlade 2 / Archivist 4 |none
5th | Factotum 2 / Archivist 5 |OPEN
6th | Swordsage 1 /Archivist 6 |none + Weapon Focus(Tiger Claw)[SS bonus]
7th | Factotum 3 / Archivist 7| Stormguard Warrior
8th | SSage 32 / Archivist 8 |none
9th | Warblade 3 / Archivist 9| OPEN
10th | Bloodclaw Master 1 / Archivist 10|none + Craft Magic Arms and Armor [Arch bonus]
11th | Bloodclaw Master 2 / Archivist 11 | OPEN
12th | Bloodclaw Master 3 / Archivist 12 | none
13th | Warblade 4 / Archivist 13 |OPEN
14th | Warblade 5 / Archivist 14 | none + Blade Meditation(Tiger Claw)[WB bonus]
15th | Warblade 6 / Archivist 15|OPEN
16th | Warblade 7 / Archivist 16|none
17th | Warblade 8 / Archivist 17| OPEN
18th | Warblade 9/ Archivist 18|none + Arcrobatic [WB bonus]
19th | Warblade 10 / Archivist 19| OPEN
20th |Warblade 11 / Archivist 20| none
[/table]
Samsaran is his race and I took Disable Device and UMD as his Shard of the Past.
20 BAB, 20 Fort, 15 Ref, 16 Will, 9th level spells and 1 9th level maneuver.
Bane, Bless, CLW, Obscuring Mist, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith, Tap Inner Beauty will be his first level spells. If enough gp left over, thinking of scrolls to add to spell book, with short list being Lessor Restoration, Bless Weapon, Anticipate Peril, Glide, Lead Blades, Challenge Evil, and True Strike.
Maneuvers & stances as follows~
1st WB
Moment of Perfect Mind
Sapphire Nightmare Blade
Douse the Flames
Punishing Stance

2nd WB
Wall of Blades

1st SS
Mighty Throw
Emerald Razor
Cloak of Deception
Shadow Jaunt
Shadow Blade Technique
Rabid Wolf Strike
Blood in the Water

2nd SS
Soaring Raptor Strike
Assassin's Stance

3rd WB
White Raven Tactics

BCM1 (WB)
Death from Above

BCM 3 (WB)
Dancing Mongoose

4th WB
Swap Steely Strike for Iron Heart Focus

5th WB
Rabid Bear Strike

6th WB
Swap Douse the Flames for Greater Insightful Strike

7th WB
Avalanche of Blades

8th WB
Swap Rabid Wolf for Swooping Dragon Strike

9th WB
Diamond Nightmare Blade

10th WB
Stance of Alacrity
Swap Death from Above for Raging Mongoose

11th WB
Time Stands Still

Again, any input would be greatly appreciated.
The other two characters are an Tielfing Warblade/Wizard focusing on THF and debuffing along with a Goliath Druid/Barbarian focusing on smashing things with a tree maul.
I plan on handling the buffing/healing/skills/diplomacy.
Advice on feat would be greatly appreciated. While ToB feats don't have their counterparts in PF, I would prefer to stick to PF feats as much as possible.

Dayaz
2012-10-29, 02:54 AM
For base classes I would suggest Archivist//Rogue.

Archivist lets you use Knowledge to give bonuses to your allies against an enemy, while the rogue gives you the skill points and some damage while you aren't healing (there's also a cleric spell you could buy and learn that lets you sneak attack undead)

Not sure about prestige classes, since I don't know general party alignment ^^