PDA

View Full Version : Character build (Hippogriff rider) (PF)

Wazirak1
2012-10-11, 02:07 PM
HEllo there! My gm has allowed me to take a hippogriff with the young creature template at lvl 1 -purchased at my own expense, of course, which I could care for and, at level 4, bond with, removing the young template. My question is what feats should I get to make fighting from it's back effective? my character is a female half orc ranger, with the stats as follows (Str 14, dex 15, con 14, int 12, wis 10, cha 16)

Also, I would like advice on weapons/armor options, though as is I have approximately 740g to throw about.

Also Also, I'd like to find a way to reduce or remove my armor check penalty to ride checks, disregarding class-based dodges

Wazirak1
2012-10-11, 04:50 PM
No one? any advice would be appreciated, really!

grarrrg
2012-10-11, 05:38 PM
No one? any advice would be appreciated, really!

You've only been waiting for about 3 hours.
Give it a little time.

HEllo there! My gm has allowed me to take a hippogriff with the young creature template at lvl 1 -purchased at my own expense, of course, which I could care for and, at level 4, bond with, removing the young template. My question is what feats should I get to make fighting from it's back effective? my character is a female half orc ranger, with the stats as follows (Str 14, dex 15, con 14, int 12, wis 10, cha 16)
Also Also, I'd like to find a way to reduce or remove my armor check penalty to ride checks, disregarding class-based dodges

Your build so far raises some questions:
Why 10 WIS and 16 CHA on a Ranger? There is no CHA synergy, and you'll want WIS for your spells (unless you traded them away with an Archetype).
Also, why is your best stat in a Mental score?

You may want to consider Cavalier (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier) instead of Ranger. You automatically ignore all armor check penalties, and there is some CHA synergy.

nedz
2012-10-11, 05:51 PM
Lance or Bow are the basic choices.

Do you want to charge in, or skirmish ?

If the former, then you'd better save up for a horse, at least until you can ride your pet.

Wazirak1
2012-10-11, 10:13 PM
As for why my wis is low, I don't much care for ranger spells, yes I plan to trade them out. the height of my cha is for fluff purposes. And no, i'm quite set on a ranger.

Also, I mistyped, my wis is 11.