PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Bloodline Power (Sp)?

jaybird
2012-10-11, 07:05 PM
The Primal Bloodline (Elemental Wildblooded) gets, at 1st level:

Elemental Ray (Sp): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash an elemental ray as a standard action, targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. This ray deals 1d6 points of damage of your energy type + 1 for every two sorcerer levels you possess.

Now, if my character is a Crossblooded Dragon/Primal, I get +2 damage/dice on all spells. Does that apply to Elemental Ray as well? My rules intuition says yes, as it's an SLA.

Feralventas
2012-10-11, 07:14 PM
You answer your own question; Paizo did not give you something to add to Spells to apply to Spell-Like abilities; it would state otherwise and be worded to allow it if that were the case. Elemental Ray is there for the purpose of letting you survive long enough to get past the need to use it, not to stack with your level. If for some reason your DM finds your 1st level Sorcerer to be unable to keep up with the party or is somehow completely useless, I can understand the application of it, but by RAW the bloodline ability should Not apply to your SLA's.

jaybird
2012-10-11, 07:29 PM
...Elemental Ray ALREADY improves with level. Not sure what you're getting at, other then your personal interpretation of the rules.

Feralventas
2012-10-11, 07:39 PM
It's not about my interpretation, it's about yours'. The Elemental Ray is an SLA, not a spell, therefore the bloodline ability that applies to Spells does not apply to the SLA. There is no reason that it Should by RAW.

jaybird
2012-10-11, 08:14 PM
Ah, sorry, didn't see the last part -_-''' just read "for the purpose of...". That'll teach me to post after reading too much stuff on my computer. Interesting that SLAs function just like spells, except your bonuses to spells don't apply to them, though...

Feralventas
2012-10-11, 11:26 PM
Ah, sorry, didn't see the last part -_-''' just read "for the purpose of...". That'll teach me to post after reading too much stuff on my computer. Interesting that SLAs function just like spells, except your bonuses to spells don't apply to them, though...

No worries, misreads happen to us all. SLA's are intended to represent abilities and powers that function as spells, but are not Cast as them; they're innate things that happen on a whim rather than with words and gestures, so the usual means of empowering and altering them don't apply, though there are monstrous feats like Empower SLA and Extend SLA in the MM for 3.5; I'm not sure that they're on the list of PF's SRD though, and if you Really want +1 to it I think you can apply Weapon Focus and Specialization to Ray attacks if it's worth 4 levels of Fighter.
(this is not recommended.)