PDA

View Full Version : A Possible Houserule for Stone Dragon

Alabenson
2012-10-11, 07:16 PM
I'm right now considering instituting a houserule that would remove the movement and positioning restrictions for Stone Dragon manuvers/stances. Would this improve the usability of the school, or would most of Stone Dragon still be useless?

danzibr
2012-10-11, 07:20 PM
Well... A lot of the stuff is still underwhelming. I don't think it'd cause an issue with balance.

INoKnowNames
2012-10-11, 07:49 PM
I'd consider it a bit more without those restrictions, yeah. Notably, the stances look much more attractive now. The Roots of the Mountain stance suddenly becomes a pretty good pick, especialy for a fighter trying to do battlefield control. Giant's Stance is like a free Monkey Grip, and while it's not that strong a feat, some people would enjoy it, and some builds might find it useful. And it would save a lot of money to be able to take Strength of Stone and tell krit-fishers to suck it.

Nothing game breaking comes to mind, but it's definitely a decent buff to the school. There's just so much that's already so good in many of theother styles that Stone Dragon doesn't shine quite as much. This does make it a little better.

Answerer
2012-10-11, 09:33 PM
I would say that the game is better without those rules than it is with them.

BowStreetRunner
2012-10-11, 10:08 PM
I would say that the game is better without those rules than it is with them.

We actually played without them for a while before someone even noticed them. Honestly, there was nothing game-breaking there. However, as soon as the restrictions were noticed, everyone stopped using the discipline altogether. Only NPCs use Stone Dragon now.

HunterOfJello
2012-10-11, 10:22 PM
I think that hardly anyone uses Stone Dragon for much other than Mountain Hammer and its iteratives anyway. If you change it, you won't be changing much of anything.