PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday, and That Means I'm Getting Married Tomorrow

SaintRidley
2012-10-12, 12:35 AM
Holy crap, guys, I can hardly believe it's happening so soon.

Quick rundown:

We're having a handfasting and my aunt is going to be the officiant. Small wedding with close friends and family. Very excited for the cake because it will look like stacked books and be beautiful, with an open book top looking like pages out of an illuminated manuscript with a short poem I wrote in Old English (and a facing page translation). Also, our friend will be playing Don't Stop Me Now when I walk down the aisle.

Hard to believe only a year and a half has passed since we got engaged.

Dumbledore lives
2012-10-12, 12:37 AM
Congratulations, it's always amazing when a huge event in your life happens. I can't say I've experienced something quite the same, but I wish you happiness and joy ever after.

Lady Moreta
2012-10-12, 04:07 AM
It's nice to get married by family isn't it? My cousin married my husband and I (well, he did most of it, and an old teacher of mine/friend of my mother's did part as well, we got married in an Anglican church and a requirement of that was that we have an Anglican minister do at least part of the ceremony).

I love the cake! That's awesome :smallbiggrin: I want to see photos of this masterpiece!

I don't have a picture of our cake online, but it was awesome... the cake itself was just a plain, two tiered circular job, but it had a castle on top :smallbiggrin: and a knight and his lady made out of icing on the cakeboard, designed to look like an OoTS style drawing my husband made. It was my surprise to him, he didn't know what the cake looked like until the day. He was a happy boy.

Elemental
2012-10-12, 04:11 AM
Congratulations!
This calls for fireworks...
http://c0472851.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/4th-of-jiy-fireworks-art-museum-philadelphia-600.jpg

North_Ranger
2012-10-12, 04:12 AM
Many conga rats and other dancing rodents!

super dark33
2012-10-12, 05:35 AM
Mazel tov!

Take pictures of the cake for me us!
:smalltongue:

Dusk Eclipse
2012-10-12, 09:57 AM
Congratulations!! May you have an awesome wedding and an even awesomer marriage!

(Psst. I want photos of the cake too >_>)

JustPlayItLoud
2012-10-12, 01:34 PM
Having just been married September 1st let me give my congratulations as well as my condolences as it will simultaneously be the best and worst day of your entire life. You'll have a blast and it'll be great tying the knot, but you're also going to be busy, tired, hungry, and confused. Make sure you have a guest book in as conspicuous place as possible, because just a little over a month in I have no idea who was actually at my wedding without looking at some sort of reminder.

Of course, I got married on a Saturday and if your Friday is like my Friday was you won't be touching the internet again until at least Monday so you probably won't even see this.

Best wishes and best of luck.

P.S.: If you do see this, make sure to eat whenever you get the opportunity! We had some bridesmaids nearly go down before the ceremony even started because they forgot to eat.

Bulldog Psion
2012-10-12, 09:14 PM
Congratulations!!! :smallbiggrin:

Astrella
2012-10-12, 09:24 PM
Congratulations!! Hope you have a grand time! :smallbiggrin:

Triscuitable
2012-10-13, 12:39 AM
It appears I cannot escape the weddings this weekend, no matter what state I manage to avoid going to. :smallamused:

Have a good one. Best of luck. And remember, if you ever travel back in time, don't step on anything. It could hold horrible consequences for the future, the likes of which you could never imagine!

Riverdance
2012-10-13, 01:28 PM
Today is Saturday and the day of your wedding. Congratulations! I hope it goes wonderfully, and I wish you years of happiness!

Mutant Sheep
2012-10-13, 01:36 PM
Happy weddings, happy future, and happy cake-eating! *focuses on the cake*:smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2012-10-13, 01:57 PM
I thought that the cake was a lie. That's why there's no spoon.

*congratulations on getting married*

SaintRidley
2012-10-15, 09:46 AM
The wedding went great. Once we have photos of the cake available I will definitely post them.

KuReshtin
2012-10-15, 10:00 AM
I thought that the cake was a lie. That's why there's no spoon.

*congratulations on getting married*

There's no Spoon because he was eaten by werewolves.
The cake may very well be a lie, though.

Many congratulations, SaintRidley.