PDA

View Full Version : Rhino Hide Armor is where?

Dayaz
2012-10-12, 12:54 AM
So, since my google-fu only gives me unreliable wiki pages, what book is Rhino Hide armor in?

Togath
2012-10-12, 12:56 AM
Dungeon master guide, in the magic armour/weapons section

Dayaz
2012-10-12, 01:00 AM
... I'm.. actually kind of ashamed of myself >.>

blackspeeker
2012-10-12, 01:02 AM
And in case you don't have a copy handy the srd:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicArmor.htm#rhinoHide

Slipperychicken
2012-10-12, 11:23 AM
You should be able to just make Rhino hide into a Masterwork (or regular) Hide Armor, then upgrade it as you see fit.

Not sure why you'd make MWK Hide Armor, since Hide armor is suck-tastic. If you absolutely need Medium armor for whatever reason, get a Breastplate. Otherwise, go Chain Shirt or Fullplate; there really aren't any other good options.

Ksheep
2012-10-12, 11:27 AM
You should be able to just make Rhino hide into a Masterwork Hide Armor, then upgrade it as you see fit.

Rhino Hide Armor as in the specific magic armor that deals an extra 2d6 damage in a charge.

Slipperychicken
2012-10-12, 11:28 AM
Rhino Hide Armor as in the specific magic armor that deals an extra 2d6 damage in a charge.

Whoops. Neevermind.

Joe the Rat
2012-10-12, 11:33 AM
Plus the whole druid-friendly thing.

Inferno
2012-10-12, 11:49 AM
Plus the whole druid-friendly thing.

Because some DM's will make getting your hands on dragon hide Breast/Full plate a pretty big deal. Or are jerks about reviving your gear...

Slipperychicken
2012-10-12, 12:43 PM
Because some DM's will make getting your hands on dragon hide Breast/Full plate a pretty big deal. Or are jerks about reviving your gear...

If someone gets 10min with your gear to cast Resurrection on it, and has 10k in diamond dust for it... You lost a long time ago.

Medic!
2012-10-12, 12:45 PM
If someone gets 10min with your gear to cast Resurrection on it, and has 10k in diamond dust for it... You lost a long time ago.

Unless it's a clever ploy and you were just pretending that your leather armor was made of dragonhide!

KillianHawkeye
2012-10-12, 02:55 PM
Unless it's a clever ploy and you were just pretending that your leather armor was made of dragonhide!

In that case... well you're still wearing a cow now.

beforemath
2012-10-12, 06:04 PM

I suppose an 18th level Witch could resurrect your armour (or your lunch) with a full-round action via "Life Giver."

But then, he could use Forced Reincarnation on your mount, chickens, animal companion, or familiar instead, so resurrecting your armour/sandwich once per day probably isn't the most damage he could cause. Although forcing someone's pseudodragon familiar to come back as a young adult *other dragon* probably isn't the wisest thing to do...

ericgrau
2012-10-12, 07:13 PM
Hold the charge on the resurrection, it's a touch spell :smalltongue:.

Slipperychicken
2012-10-12, 07:13 PM
In that case... well you're still wearing a cow now.

Salmon Leather it is, then.

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-12, 08:59 PM
I suppose an 18th level Witch could resurrect your armour (or your lunch) with a full-round action via "Life Giver."

But then, he could use Forced Reincarnation on your mount, chickens, animal companion, or familiar instead, so resurrecting your armour/sandwich once per day probably isn't the most damage he could cause. Although forcing someone's pseudodragon familiar to come back as a young adult *other dragon* probably isn't the wisest thing to do...

Could I add the "resurrecting your armour/sandwich once per day probably isn't the most damage he could cause." part of you post to my signature? Its a great quote to take out of context.

mattie_p
2012-10-12, 09:14 PM
Could I add the "resurrecting your armour/sandwich once per day probably isn't the most damage he could cause." part of you post to my signature? Its a great quote to take out of context.

The only good quotes are those taken out of context.

Novawurmson
2012-10-12, 10:51 PM
Resurrecting your armour/sandwich once per day probably isn't the most damage he could cause.

I want to run a campaign one day so organized that one of the players will utter this line organically and sincerely.

Dayaz
2012-10-13, 01:09 AM
I want to run a campaign one day so organized that one of the players will utter this line organically and sincerely.

epic level conjurer/evoker/necromancer?

Also, about the item... it says it's a hide armor that also gives a +2 enhancement bonus to ac... does that mean, unlike the normal hide armor that only gives like a +1-2 armor bonus, it actually gives +4?

Medic!
2012-10-13, 01:12 AM
It'd be +2 hide armor (so +3 AC from Hide, +2 enhancement bonus for +5 AC), +4 max dex mod, -2 ACP

beforemath
2012-10-13, 06:35 AM

Feel free.

Rubik
2012-10-13, 07:29 AM

But then, he could use Forced Reincarnation on your mount, chickens, animal companion, or familiar instead, so resurrecting your armour/sandwich once per day probably isn't the most damage he could cause. Although forcing someone's pseudodragon familiar to come back as a young adult *other dragon* probably isn't the wisest thing to do...Spell to power erudite with Magic Mantle and Extra Spell, or some other way of getting True Resurrection on the wizard/sorcerer spell list. (See: Linked Power)

dwlc2000
2012-10-13, 05:27 PM
me thinks its in arms and equiptment guide

Glimbur
2012-10-13, 05:47 PM
Spell to power erudite with Magic Mantle and Extra Spell, or some other way of getting True Resurrection on the wizard/sorcerer spell list. (See: Linked Power)

What I'm hearing is Reach Chain Resurrection. Yes, you'll have to cheat the metamagic costs via DMM and/or a rod, and you will want to Rapid it at least once since you can't hold the charge any more, but the benefit is... dubious.

Agent 451
2012-10-13, 06:31 PM
me thinks its in arms and equiptment guide

No, it's in the DMG. What is in the A&EG is the Rhino Elixir, which can produce some comic (if not deadly) situations for a party.