PDA

View Full Version : Art TechnOkami's Art Gallery

Pages : [1] 2

TechnOkami
2012-10-12, 01:14 AM
Hey ladies and gents, my name's TechnOkami, and if you didn't know, I can draw! I recently got my paws on Photoshop and a Drawing Tablet, so I'm more than eager to get to making some art.

This is going to be a place where I post drawings, accept requests, talk about stuff, hang with Playgrounders, ect. Frankly, I want to improve my skills, so as well as posting art here and hearing back from you guys what'cha think, I also want to draw things, so feel free to ask if you want things drawn. I can more than use the practice.

Anywho, here are some starter images to get the ball rolling.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/280/9/1/battlecast_skarner_by_technokami-d5h4cmd.jpghttp://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/271/9/5/minotaur_gnomeduck_dragon_by_technokami-d5g7t7e.jpghttp://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/254/c/c/jethro_fossarius_by_technokami-d5ef7x7.jpg

Forgot to mention: I have a deviantART (http://technokami.deviantart.com/).

Tectonic Robot
2012-10-12, 10:15 AM
Oh, hello!

You take requests, eh?

I don't have much in the way of meaningful commentary or artistic advice, but I sure have requests! ^_^

TechnOkami
2012-10-12, 12:45 PM
Oh, hello!

You take requests, eh?

I don't have much in the way of meaningful commentary or artistic advice, but I sure have requests! ^_^

Well then, lay 'em on me. I'll see what I can do.

A Rainy Knight
2012-10-12, 02:18 PM
I'm not crazy if I got a League of Legends vibe from all of them, right? Looking at your dA I can see now what they are, but after that first picture got me thinking about LoL all I could see was a jungle Alistar with the Dragon and some kind of ducky Baron and Yorick wearing TF's clothes. :smalltongue:

TechnOkami
2012-10-12, 03:35 PM
Sorta kinda yeah.

The scorpion is a League of Legends champion named Skarner, and it was a doodle of what I thought Battlecast Skarner would look like. The one with the minotaur, the duck and the dragon is something some friends of mine asked me to draw (3 characters in their D&D game).

As for the dude with the shovel... yeah, I more or less took Yorick's visual image & transformed it to fit a character of mine ( I gave him a more Native American gravedigger feel).

Tectonic Robot
2012-10-14, 09:02 PM
So, right... for starters, do you want to try your hand at drawing Llassar, if you'd be so kind? ^_^;;

TechnOkami
2012-10-14, 09:22 PM
Certainly. Just give me a visual description and I'll see what I can do.

Starsign
2012-10-14, 09:27 PM
Oh man I didn't know you put this up already. Well glad to have found this now. :smallbiggrin:

So, um... Oh man wonder if I should request anything...

TechnOkami
2012-10-20, 01:02 AM
An image for Lonna.

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/293/a/6/pyrene_the_temptress_by_technokami-d5ig49q.jpg

Starsign
2012-10-20, 03:46 PM
That pic looks great Tech :smallbiggrin:

If it's alright, do you think you might be able to draw my character Drallic please? I've got his physical description below in this spoiler.
Drallic stands at 8' 2'' with his horns adding another 6 inches. His height is considered above average for a minotaur. His fur shows a dirty brown color and shows signs of wear and tear. Numerous scars and ages-old injuries show on his body but a very noticeable one appears on the right side of his face. The cut runs very deep down the side and right through his irreparable eye; A black eyepatch is worn to cover it. His other, working eye has a green-tinted iris. For gear, Drallic prefers wearing his leggings that are added with iron scales for protection. In the case he wears a top, it will usually be a lightweight vest or short coat. The leggings are armored to keep it's damage minimal. He wears a coat or vest when traveling on land. When working at sea he prefers to keep a top off to keep it from getting wet.

If his personality might effect his pose/look, I have it below just in case.
By looks, Drallic can come off as a gruff and stubborn minotaur. He is, however, more disciplined and knowledgeable than the average thugs of his kind. Past his rough and hard exterior is a calm and focused person who hasn't forgotten about his past joys of the ocean. He knows how to survive in the world and persevere due to the severe dangers he has been in before.

While a mercenary in the past, Drallic's preference nowadays is working by the docks catching fish and selling them as a merchant of sorts. As of now his goals do not point toward anywhere, so he is more laid-back than he has been in a long time. His new lifestyle has helped him with being calm and not holding any grudges to most people.

Would it be possible that you could draw him please? :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2012-10-20, 05:24 PM
Sure. He's next in line after Tectonic's character.

Starsign
2012-10-20, 05:26 PM
Sure. He's next in line after Tectonic's character.

Thanks. No hurry. :smallsmile:

Also hi Tect! Fancy meeting you here :smalltongue:

Tectonic Robot
2012-10-22, 11:58 AM
Herro, Starsign! I didn't know you hung out here. ^^

Right, Llassar is a tall, gangly blond haired man. You've seen Kasanip's picture of him, I'm sure. I've imagined him as having almost scarecrow proportions, but seeing as he now has divine spark, nothing too extreme. Probably wearing some sort of large straw hat, as well. Besides that, just have fun with the drawing, please. ^^

TechnOkami
2012-10-22, 01:55 PM
Herro, Starsign! I didn't know you hung out here. ^^

Right, Llassar is a tall, gangly blond haired man. You've seen Kasanip's picture of him, I'm sure. I've imagined him as having almost scarecrow proportions, but seeing as he now has divine spark, nothing too extreme. Probably wearing some sort of large straw hat, as well. Besides that, just have fun with the drawing, please. ^^

Ooh... Artistic liberties... *cracks knuckles* This ought to be fun.

TechnOkami
2012-11-02, 05:01 AM
Pardon the double post, but I have an update.

Tectonic, your image is done. I just need to scan it in and upload it to DA and whatnot.
P.S. I drew a surprise thing in it, guess what it is.

Starsign, your picture is next.

My apologies in general for not getting these pictures done earlier. I originally wanted to paint them on Photoshop, but I don't think my laptop is powerful enough to handle both PS and my Tablet at the same time. I haven't drawn them yet because of general hectic business with life (stupid life, go bother someone else for a change).

Starsign
2012-11-02, 07:47 AM
Pardon the double post, but I have an update.

Tectonic, your image is done. I just need to scan it in and upload it to DA and whatnot.
P.S. I drew a surprise thing in it, guess what it is.

Starsign, your picture is next.

My apologies in general for not getting these pictures done earlier. I originally wanted to paint them on Photoshop, but I don't think my laptop is powerful enough to handle both PS and my Tablet at the same time. I haven't drawn them yet because of general hectic business with life (stupid life, go bother someone else for a change).

Well as I said, no hurry needed. Drawing can take some time, I should know.

TechnOkami
2012-11-02, 04:48 PM
Both pictures are done, I just need to upload them now.

Starsign
2012-11-02, 05:26 PM
Hooray! Can't wait :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2012-11-02, 06:51 PM
Llassar [with surprise]
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/307/6/b/llassar_and_jethro_by_technokami-d5jvmcf.png
The surprise is Jethro, because I felt he would look good within the picture, so you got a 2 for 1.
Drallic (note: he seems short because of his bipedal legs. It's not well represented, but the middle/back half of his legs are beneath his forelegs, which is why he looks shorter than he is.)
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/307/2/7/drallic_by_technokami-d5jvmkc.png

Starsign
2012-11-04, 02:04 PM
Drallic looks great Tech, thanks! :smallbiggrin: The fur must have been a bit of a pain to do though.

TechnOkami
2012-11-04, 05:39 PM
Drallic looks great Tech, thanks! :smallbiggrin: The fur must have been a bit of a pain to do though.

Not really. Drawing in general isn't a pain. Why else would make a thread paying my art if I didn't enjoy the sole creation of art in the first place?

Starsign
2012-11-05, 04:51 PM
Not really. Drawing in general isn't a pain. Why else would make a thread paying my art if I didn't enjoy the sole creation of art in the first place?

Just wondering, I try to draw fur and it just comes out awful. Then again I greatly struggle with anatomy in the first place. :smalltongue:

TechnOkami
2012-11-05, 05:34 PM
Yeah, anatomy takes practice. It's really good when you get it, but difficult to actually get to (I mean hell, look at my drawings. I can guarantee that they're not anatomically correct).

There are two ways I do fur. One is more cartoonish where you draw the fur as an outline texture and leave the inside blank, or by drawing line by line a more realistic fur.

A Rainy Knight
2012-11-05, 05:52 PM
I'm curious. What's that little symbol in the bottom-left of the Llassar picture?

TechnOkami
2012-11-05, 06:53 PM
Aah that. Story time!

So, you know J.R.R. Tolkien, right? Well, he has this symbol which is a fusion of a J, two R's, and a T, because its his name. Well, I thought that was cool, so I did the same thing with mine. I use it as an artist's insignia.

Note: my real name is
[REDACTED]

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-06, 08:01 AM
Llassar [with surprise]
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/307/6/b/llassar_and_jethro_by_technokami-d5jvmcf.png
The surprise is Jethro, because I felt he would look good within the picture, so you got a 2 for 1.
Drallic (note: he seems short because of his bipedal legs. It's not well represented, but the middle/back half of his legs are beneath his forelegs, which is why he looks shorter than he is.)
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/307/2/7/drallic_by_technokami-d5jvmkc.png

Ah-ha! Awesome picture, Techno. ^^

TechnOkami
2012-11-06, 04:19 PM
Dankeshene.

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-08, 12:30 PM
Hrm... would you take a non-humanoid drawing request?

TechnOkami
2012-11-08, 04:09 PM
Hrm... would you take a non-humanoid drawing request?

Probably. What is it?

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-08, 04:36 PM
A fox!

A small vixen in loose fitting robes, squinting at a book of spells.

Preferably drawn in this style (http://i.imgur.com/zFkBo.png), or like this (http://i.imgur.com/FgaiC.jpg). ^^

TechnOkami
2012-11-08, 06:55 PM
Hm... well, It's been a long time since I've done some honest to goodness cartoon drawings before, so it will be rusty, but I'm willing to give it a try. It's not what I normally do, but I'll take it as a challenge. I'll give it a shot.

TechnOkami
2012-11-08, 07:31 PM
A Drawing of Maninder Hayes, a character I'll be playing soon.

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/313/a/e/maninder_hayes_by_technokami-d5khyk4.png

A Rainy Knight
2012-11-08, 09:44 PM
Ooh, now that's interesting-looking. Undead? Elemental? Alien? What game are you playing him in?

TechnOkami
2012-11-08, 10:43 PM
Ooh, now that's interesting-looking. Undead? Elemental? Alien? What game are you playing him in?

I'm playing him in "The Playground V" game. He's a former human worker for an energy company turned half fire elemental Frank Sinatra Jazz singer and owner of a Jazz Lounge.

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-26, 07:33 PM
Jazz singers are awesome.

TechnOkami
2012-11-26, 07:35 PM
Jazz singers are awesome.

Yus, but unfortunately I won't be playing him. I lost whatever fire *badump tiish* I had with his original concept, and I've been on a downward character creation slope ever since.

ANYWAYS, I haven't forgotten your drawing. I plan to do it over winter break (2 weeks) when I actually have more time on my hands to concentrate on it.

Tectonic Robot
2012-11-26, 07:38 PM
Yus, but unfortunately I won't be playing him. I lost whatever fire *badump tiish* I had with his original concept, and I've been on a downward character creation slope ever since.

ANYWAYS, I haven't forgotten your drawing. I plan to do it over winter break (2 weeks) when I actually have more time on my hands to concentrate on it.

D'oh! Need any inspiration with the clothing, or do you have an idea? ^^

TechnOkami
2012-11-26, 08:17 PM
D'oh! Need any inspiration with the clothing, or do you have an idea? ^^

Naah, you told me what I needed, I just need to draw it.

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-07, 11:11 AM
I will patiently await its completion. :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2012-12-07, 11:56 AM
I will patiently await its completion. :smallsmile:

Many thanks for the patience.

By the way, I am now officially on my winter break (I'm sitting in an Airport as I type) and should actually have the picture done soon. ™

Starsign
2012-12-07, 12:29 PM

By the way, I am now officially on my winter break (I'm sitting in an Airport as I type) and should actually have the picture done soon. ™

Lucky you, I have one week of exams before my winter break. Oh well, I still get 3 weeks off before next semester. :smallbiggrin:

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-07, 12:36 PM

*pumps the air*

Starsign! So cool. Who's your avatar?

And I have this week and next week, then finals. -_-

TechnO, give it to me straight. How much have I missed in HotF? >_<;

TechnOkami
2012-12-07, 01:14 PM
TechnO, give it to me straight. How much have I missed in HotF? >_<;

Eh... *shrug*? I'm currently involved in a thing with Snark, but she hasn't posted our series of posts to the IC yet, so only you and the guy who plays Contragh know that.

Other than that, that one god of overzealous purging justice is talking with the Kraken about destroying the gods or something, Contragh and Jongo are on the Green Morningstar or whatever the ship's called and Jongo's pulling his shenanigans, as usual.

Other than that, Raz is doing something, DM is being Dark as usual, Kasanip is coping with her recurring PbP issues through IC chat, and I'm still trying to think of a way to have Jethro gain the Twilight domain.

Getting the nature/life/whateverit'scalled domain is going to be easy, 'cause I can just farm with you for a bit. :smallbiggrin:

Starsign
2012-12-07, 01:18 PM
You're also in that game Tect? I had no idea! :smalleek:

On the subject of my avatar, it's of my first character I've ever made for a tabletop game of any sort. I have a lot of history with her actually, though I'd rather not explain it all here.

TechnOkami
2012-12-07, 01:39 PM

I could have sworn I told you... huh, oh well. Yeah, I am. I'm the new Death God.

Starsign
2012-12-07, 01:43 PM
I could have sworn I told you... huh, oh well. Yeah, I am. I'm the new Death God.

"New" Death God? You mean your apotheosis or evolution was recent? How did that happen?

TechnOkami
2012-12-07, 01:46 PM
"New" Death God? You mean your apotheosis or evolution was recent? How did that happen?

Well, hi-mi had stuff happen in her life, and she more or less left the game. She gave me the go, and I essentially rebirthed myself with her divine spark attached to me, hence new Death God.

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-07, 02:10 PM
Eh... *shrug*? I'm currently involved in a thing with Snark, but she hasn't posted our series of posts to the IC yet, so only you and the guy who plays Contragh know that.

Other than that, that one god of overzealous purging justice is talking with the Kraken about destroying the gods or something, Contragh and Jongo are on the Green Morningstar or whatever the ship's called and Jongo's pulling his shenanigans, as usual.

Other than that, Raz is doing something, DM is being Dark as usual, Kasanip is coping with her recurring PbP issues through IC chat, and I'm still trying to think of a way to have Jethro gain the Twilight domain.

Getting the nature/life/whateverit'scalled domain is going to be easy, 'cause I can just farm with you for a bit. :smallbiggrin:
Crop god for the win. ^_^

On the subject of my avatar, it's of my first character I've ever made for a tabletop game of any sort. I have a lot of history with her actually, though I'd rather not explain it all here.
You know about 'dem games? :O

Well, hi-mi had stuff happen in her life, and she more or less left the game. She gave me the go, and I essentially rebirthed myself with her divine spark attached to me, hence new Death God.

Good times, good times...

I'll stop posting about non-TechnO art things now. >_>;

Starsign
2012-12-07, 02:16 PM
You know about 'dem games? :O

Only a little, I'm in a different game that I know several other players from. (DM, Snark, and Kasanip specifically) Sadly I have few friends there because all the ones I asked either A) Don't have time, B) Aren't interested in the system, or C) Aren't interested in the setting. :smallfrown:

TechnOkami
2012-12-08, 12:02 PM
So... I think I seriously undervalued my skill. Tectonic, your drawing took just a few minutes to sketch out and a few minutes more to sketch in. I just need to touch up the lines a bit and take a picture of it, but more or less it's done. Sorry for the wait.

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-09, 06:51 PM
So... I think I seriously undervalued my skill. Tectonic, your drawing took just a few minutes to sketch out and a few minutes more to sketch in. I just need to touch up the lines a bit and take a picture of it, but more or less it's done. Sorry for the wait.

...D'oh. >_<

TechnOkami
2012-12-11, 03:19 AM
...and it appears that my mom's camera isn't strong enough. I'll take a picture with my iPhone and if its detailed enough, I'll post it. If not, then I'll wait until I get back to college where my fancy camera is.

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-11, 07:35 AM
...and it appears that my mom's camera isn't strong enough. I'll take a picture with my iPhone and if its detailed enough, I'll post it. If not, then I'll wait until I get back to college where my fancy camera is.

Ackkkkk. @_@

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-13, 02:07 PM
You know, I wouldn't mind a poor-quality preview picture! I'm interested in seeing what you created. ^^

TechnOkami
2012-12-13, 06:27 PM
You know, I wouldn't mind a poor-quality preview picture! I'm interested in seeing what you created. ^^

Eeh... I do mind. It's a quality thing with me. Besides, the image came out so fuzzy it was anything but an indiscernible shape.

Starsign
2012-12-13, 06:42 PM
Eeh... I do mind. It's a quality thing with me. Besides, the image came out so fuzzy it was anything but an indiscernible shape.

Do you know how to ink or color? When I run things through the scanner I digitally ink those afterwards to make them look way neater. :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2012-12-13, 07:21 PM
Do you know how to ink or color? When I run things through the scanner I digitally ink those afterwards to make them look way neater. :smallsmile:

No I don't, actually. However, seeing that the resolution difference between my mom's point n' shoot and my iPhone is rather stark and strikingly stupid, I don't believe I need to worry.

The finished product.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/348/0/4/arabian_magefox_reading_book_by_technokami-d5o1i86.jpg

Cosmic Traveler
2012-12-13, 10:38 PM
Hi, I'd like to request a little piece of art for my favorite tank LoL champion: Shen:
Link to Warlord Shen picture (http://lolwp.com/wp-content/uploads/Samurai-Shen.jpg)
I'd like to see him in his Warlord Shen skin, on a wooden pole with the moon in the background with him executing his teleportation (it's a magical spiral that's drawn around his feet, here's a picture, sorry for the size link (http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCQuRXbaw8ursYUsPzwF1C_KpgjZoOS qKiwvY4j_VUqUNtvjC5fsMwVU7_bQ))

so if you could do it, i'd be very pleased. thank you for considering my request

TechnOkami
2012-12-13, 10:57 PM
Hi, I'd like to request a little piece of art for my favorite tank LoL champion: Shen:
Link to Warlord Shen picture (http://lolwp.com/wp-content/uploads/Samurai-Shen.jpg)
I'd like to see him in his Warlord Shen skin, on a wooden pole with the moon in the background with him executing his teleportation (it's a magical spiral that's drawn around his feet, here's a picture, sorry for the size link (http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCQuRXbaw8ursYUsPzwF1C_KpgjZoOS qKiwvY4j_VUqUNtvjC5fsMwVU7_bQ))

so if you could do it, i'd be very pleased. thank you for considering my request

Oh hey, I actually play League of Legends. This shouldn't be too difficult.

TechnOkami
2012-12-13, 11:17 PM
Oh hey, I actually play League of Legends. This shouldn't be too difficult.

Just a random by the way, if I actually played Shen (which I don't, could never get the hang of him) I would totally want to get the Warlord skin. Partially because I'm not a fan of Ninjas and partially because it's his best skin, imo. Except maybe Surgeon Shen, but that one's just plain silly.

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-14, 09:39 AM
Ah, I see. Thank you, Techn0. Not exactly how I imagined her, but I appreciate your drawing of her. ^_^

Cosmic Traveler
2012-12-14, 10:37 AM
Just a random by the way, if I actually played Shen (which I don't, could never get the hang of him) I would totally want to get the Warlord skin. Partially because I'm not a fan of Ninjas and partially because it's his best skin, imo. Except maybe Surgeon Shen, but that one's just plain silly.

I play tanks and supports mostly because i don't have the blrequired bloodthirst to play AD melee (unless its Tryndamere or Xin Zhao) and AD carry (unless its Ezreal). I just don't like AP carries all too much either.

I play my Tryndamere with flash and cleanse because a smart Tryndamere knows ignite>undying rage and cleanse>ignite.

As for Xin, I just play the "I'll make a man out of you" song and I'm alright.

Ezreal has a great escape kit and his E can be used to push towers as a support skill on allies.

I love Shen because if you decide to **** up someone's day, he's the best tank to do so with. I used to play lane Rammus but the meta demands he be jungle and I'm from before season 1 (hell I remember when ryze was the ultimate noob slaying champion in the league)

TechnOkami
2012-12-14, 02:43 PM
Sounds about right.

Cosmic Traveler
2012-12-19, 10:28 PM
hey Techno, how you doing with that drawing i asked about some time ago?

TechnOkami
2012-12-19, 10:42 PM
hey Techno, how you doing with that drawing i asked about some time ago?

It's done, actually. I got it done today, but I missed the swords sticking out from behind his back, so unfortunately all the photos I took were incomplete. I *plan* to take pictures of it tomorrow and get it on here.

Cosmic Traveler
2012-12-19, 11:01 PM
that's awesome techno! it'll be my new Ipod background XD.
I had a regular shen picture but now this is going to be the new one.

thanks a bunch

TechnOkami
2012-12-20, 01:06 AM
that's awesome techno! it'll be my new Ipod background XD.
I had a regular shen picture but now this is going to be the new one.

thanks a bunch

Yup yup, np.

TechnOkami
2012-12-23, 06:02 PM
Okay. Unfortunately, the physical drawing itself is big enough that it's causing the image to come out grainy, no matter what I use (my iPhone or my mom's point n' shoot, and my fancier camera's up at school, so I can't get it). I did set up a sort of preview for you so you can at the very least see it, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the image quality at this moment. When I get back to my college, I'll either take a better picture of it or I will get it scanned, either way you will get a better image than this, eventually.

Here it is.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i408/TechnOkami/photo_zps830b288d.jpg

Cosmic Traveler
2012-12-23, 11:32 PM
There are no words to describe with exactitude how thankful and amazed I am.

Thank you.

TechnOkami
2012-12-23, 11:42 PM
There are no words to describe with exactitude how thankful and amazed I am.

Thank you.

No, thank you.

TechnOkami
2012-12-25, 12:02 PM
And to those who might be watching: Merry Christmas folks.

Starsign
2012-12-25, 12:10 PM
And to those who might be watching: Merry Christmas folks.

Merry Christmas indeed! :smallbiggrin: Have any plans for a Christmas drawing?

TechnOkami
2012-12-25, 12:12 PM
Merry Christmas indeed! :smallbiggrin: Have any plans for a Christmas drawing?

A- ah, eh um.. eh.. ah... n-no... not really... <_<"

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-27, 03:38 PM
Christmas fox. o.o

Starsign
2012-12-27, 05:56 PM
A- ah, eh um.. eh.. ah... n-no... not really... <_<"

Well I know it's a little late now but, why not try Murdok in a Santa outfit? :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2012-12-27, 06:01 PM
Well I know it's a little late now but, why not try Murdok in a Santa outfit? :smallbiggrin:

P-pfffff, aahahahah, oh gawd.

TechnOkami
2012-12-27, 08:24 PM
What have I done...
http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/362/2/6/don_t_ask____by_technokami-d5pi0eu.jpg?1
@_@

Starsign
2012-12-27, 10:17 PM
What have I done...
http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/362/2/6/don_t_ask____by_technokami-d5pi0eu.jpg?1
@_@

More like what did I suggest?! :smalleek:

TechnOkami
2013-01-07, 05:03 PM
And here is the MUCH higher resolution image, like I said.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/007/0/a/shen_by_technokami-d5qrujc.jpg

Also, here's something else I drew.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/007/2/8/dragon_s_hoard_by_technokami-d5qruyp.jpg

Starsign
2013-01-07, 06:55 PM
And here is the MUCH higher resolution image, like I said.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/007/0/a/shen_by_technokami-d5qrujc.jpg

Also, here's something else I drew.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/007/2/8/dragon_s_hoard_by_technokami-d5qruyp.jpg

Both of these look awesome! Is the dragon anyone specific in particular or is it just a normal dragon? :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2013-01-07, 08:19 PM
Both of these look awesome! Is the dragon anyone specific in particular or is it just a normal dragon? :smallsmile:

Just a dragon, if you can call a dragon "normal". :smalltongue:

Starsign
2013-01-07, 08:47 PM
Just a dragon, if you can call a dragon "normal". :smalltongue:

Heh, yeah dragons do quite vary :smallwink: Have you ever played a dragon before?

Kasanip
2013-01-08, 09:22 AM
It was sketched today somehow Murdok and Eris for you.:smallsmile:

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/EE4488_zpsb9e4e943.jpg

TechnOkami
2013-01-08, 06:23 PM
It was sketched today somehow Murdok and Eris for you.:smallsmile:

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/EE4488_zpsb9e4e943.jpg

D'aww... it's cute Kasanip. Thank you very much. :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2013-01-28, 02:45 PM
To anyone who happens to be watching this: I recently acquired 2 gigs of RAM for my laptop, drastically increasing its functionality. Now that I can actually use Photoshop and a Tablet at the same time on the same system, I will be drawing on it much more frequently, which means more art!

Just thought you all should know.

Starsign
2013-01-28, 03:01 PM
To anyone who happens to be watching this: I recently acquired 2 gigs of RAM for my laptop, drastically increasing its functionality. Now that I can actually use Photoshop and a Tablet at the same time on the same system, I will be drawing on it much more frequently, which means more art!

Just thought you all should know.

Ooh fun! I've been meaning to update my RAM at some point too, problem is uh, the RAM I need is in the $70s. :smallsigh:

So how has drawing been going lately? :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2013-01-28, 05:31 PM
Ooh fun! I've been meaning to update my RAM at some point too, problem is uh, the RAM I need is in the $70s. :smallsigh:

So how has drawing been going lately? :smallsmile:

Unfortunate.

It's been going well. I'm currently in a figure drawing class, so I'll be doing some tablet sketches in the class itself.

TechnOkami
2013-02-08, 11:10 AM
Good Gods I have not updated this in a while.

Here, look at a Photoshop Painting I did.

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/039/5/5/lizard_eye_by_technokami-d5u85ni.jpg

Note: I'm taking a Figure Drawing class, n' the teach lets me paint with Photoshop, so I get practice in the way I want to and, hey, I might actually learn how to shade things. D:

The next big hurdle is coloring stuff.

AddZable
2013-02-08, 11:25 AM
I've always had problems drawing dragon/lizard eyes for "intelligent" beings, and that is just.. Wow. It's good, I mean. It's great, even. Please upload moar stuff. And if you draw a fullbody lizardman/dragonman/woman(No discrimination here! No sirree!) then I would love you and cherish you forever. Pixie out.

Starsign
2013-02-08, 11:49 AM
That is indeed impressive Tech. I'm pretty awful at an attention to detail myself.

Hows the Figure Drawing class btw? I haven't really taken one of those courses yet myself.

TechnOkami
2013-02-08, 12:08 PM
I've always had problems drawing dragon/lizard eyes for "intelligent" beings, and that is just.. Wow. It's good, I mean. It's great, even. Please upload moar stuff. And if you draw a fullbody lizardman/dragonman/woman(No discrimination here! No sirree!) then I would love you and cherish you forever. Pixie out.

Thank you kind sir.

That is indeed impressive Tech. I'm pretty awful at an attention to detail myself.

Hows the Figure Drawing class btw? I haven't really taken one of those courses yet myself.

Well Star, I'm drawing naked women every Tuesday and Thursday, how do you think it goes? ;)

Frsrs though, figure drawing classes are great. Having a live model there in front of you to draw and have stand still for 30-50+ minutes is great. It helps with anatomy, drawing from life, shading, coloring, it's probably one of the best series of art classes I've taken.

Beats real life painting, that's for sure.

*shudder*

Starsign
2013-02-08, 12:39 PM
Well Star, I'm drawing naked women every Tuesday and Thursday, how do you think it goes? ;)

Frsrs though, figure drawing classes are great. Having a live model there in front of you to draw and have stand still for 30-50+ minutes is great. It helps with anatomy, drawing from life, shading, coloring, it's probably one of the best series of art classes I've taken.

Beats real life painting, that's for sure.

*shudder*

Wow, that must be something. I really want to work on my own anatomy so I may look into it sometime.

And, uh... Would real life painting be referencing to stuff like drawing pictures of grouped fruits or objects or are we talking about something less... Tasteful?

TechnOkami
2013-02-08, 12:41 PM
Wow, that must be something. I really want to work on my own anatomy so I may look into it sometime.

And, uh... Would real life painting be referencing to stuff like drawing pictures of grouped fruits or objects or are we talking about something less... Tasteful?

I mean painting with actual paint and brushes vs Photoshop Painting. I don't have good experiences with actual painting and am much more comfortable with Digital Painting.

Starsign
2013-02-08, 04:04 PM
I mean painting with actual paint and brushes vs Photoshop Painting. I don't have good experiences with actual painting and am much more comfortable with Digital Painting.

Ah, right. I'm more of the kind that's used to pencils and stuff rather than digital work... Well at least for drawing and coloring. In inking I am way more used to digital work instead.

Still, I'm excited to see more of your improved work in time :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2013-02-08, 04:07 PM
Still, I'm excited to see more of your improved work in time :smallbiggrin:

As am I Star, as am I.

TechnOkami
2013-02-08, 07:42 PM
MO' ART.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/039/9/b/murdok_bust_by_technokami-d5u9yfc.jpg

Kasanip
2013-02-08, 08:00 PM
It is nice improvement of TechnOkami's art, I think. Please continue strongly! :smallredface:

TechnOkami
2013-02-08, 10:34 PM
It is nice improvement of TechnOkami's art, I think. Please continue strongly! :smallredface:

I shall, thank you.

TechnOkami
2013-02-12, 08:19 PM
A laborious three bloody hours. God shading is painful.

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/043/b/5/model_by_technokami-d5uqvga.jpg

I don't even want to think about using color... q-q"

TechnOkami
2013-02-17, 11:06 PM
This weekend was a weekend of discoveries.

First off, I changed the brush I was using to a MUCH simpler round brush, still using my technique of applying value and then adding white to get the desired shading effect (because I can't do it the other way nearly as easily), and... well, the look is so much softer. It truly is rather nice.

Second, the transform -> warp tool is pretty cool. It lets me, well, warp stuff, allowing me to reposition objects, make them rounder/flatter, making things more anatomically sane, ect.

Third... I finally started dabbling in some (very basic) colors.

A la this.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/048/d/3/technokami_by_technokami-d5vc48p.jpg

This, at least, is what I would want to convey as to what TechnOkami looks like (on the internet, at least).

Starsign
2013-02-18, 12:03 AM
This weekend was a weekend of discoveries.

First off, I changed the brush I was using to a MUCH simpler round brush, still using my technique of applying value and then adding white to get the desired shading effect (because I can't do it the other way nearly as easily), and... well, the look is so much softer. It truly is rather nice.

Second, the transform -> warp tool is pretty cool. It lets me, well, warp stuff, allowing me to reposition objects, make them rounder/flatter, making things more anatomically sane, ect.

Third... I finally started dabbling in some (very basic) colors.

A la this.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/048/d/3/technokami_by_technokami-d5vc48p.jpg

This, at least, is what I would want to convey as to what TechnOkami looks like (on the internet, at least).
I think that's pretty cool if you ask me. Better than I am at least :smalltongue:

TechnOkami
2013-02-20, 03:00 AM
*shakes head*

I can't believe I drew this...
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/050/a/b/riot_s_submarine_line_to_brazil_by_technokami-d5vkzgi.jpg

Don't ask. It's a long story.

Tectonic Robot
2013-02-21, 02:10 PM
TechnO!

Your art is cool.

^_^

TechnOkami
2013-02-21, 03:03 PM
TechnO!

Your art is cool.

^_^

Dankeshene.

Starsign
2013-02-21, 03:05 PM
Yep, all great art. :smallbiggrin:

Though I won't ask about the ideas behind your most recent pic. I am presuming it has something to do with Mordekaiser in League of Legends.

TechnOkami
2013-02-21, 03:11 PM
Yep, all great art. :smallbiggrin:

Though I won't ask about the ideas behind your most recent pic. I am presuming it has something to do with Mordekaiser in League of Legends.

It's a long story, involving a night of silliness and a Rioteer (someone who works @ Riot).

TechnOkami
2013-02-22, 01:42 AM
A Goddess I'll be playing.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/052/b/6/elspeth_by_technokami-d5vsipm.jpg

Cuthalion
2013-02-22, 04:15 PM
Nice work! I like it!

Starsign
2013-02-22, 04:18 PM
Very wonderful design. I couldn't really design a god/goddess in the slightest :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2013-02-22, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys.

TechnOkami
2013-03-30, 10:29 PM
Once there was a game I was a part of, one I would have played a Half Woman, Half Scorpion Goddess. She would have been a survivalist, a dominating queen, passionate in all senses of the word.

Chanda was a Goddess whom I created, and whom I one day hope to play once again. (It's a little big, be warned.)
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/089/4/5/chanda_by_technokami-d5zvdyz.jpg

Inspired by Kasanip's drawing of Rai, her would-be sister.
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/rai_zpsc5407135.jpg

Starsign
2013-03-30, 10:32 PM
Once there was a game I was a part of, one I would have played a Half Woman, Half Scorpion Goddess. She would have been a survivalist, a dominating queen, passionate in all senses of the word.

Chanda was a Goddess whom I created, and whom I one day hope to play once again. (It's a little big, be warned.)
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/089/4/5/chanda_by_technokami-d5zvdyz.jpg

Inspired by Kasanip's drawing of Rai, her would-be sister.
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/rai_zpsc5407135.jpg

Ooh I like these, especially Rai :smallbiggrin: What happened with the game exactly? Did it not last long?

TechnOkami
2013-03-30, 10:33 PM
Ooh I like these, especially Rai :smallbiggrin: What happened with the game exactly? Did it not last long?

Everybody basically stopped posting. There was a long lull in the recruitment thread before the game actually started, and when it did, it was somewhat kindled, but it didn't roar to life sadly.

Kasanip
2013-03-31, 02:31 AM
It is nice to see picture of Chandra.:smallredface: I'm sorry I couldn't play Rai properly.

TechnOkami
2013-03-31, 03:04 AM
It is nice to see picture of Chandra.:smallredface: I'm sorry I couldn't play Rai properly.

It's alright. Life happens. Also, I suppose I should have drawn her fully, but it's somewhat difficult to draw what she is, and this quick sketch would have taken far longer than anticipated.

TechnOkami
2013-03-31, 09:25 PM
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/090/3/f/me_as_of_a_few_minutes_ago_by_technokami-d5zzugg.jpg

I called this, "Me as of a Few Minutes Ago". Apathy + boredom + Video Game exhaustion= this.

TechnOkami
2013-03-31, 10:37 PM
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/090/a/8/chanda_gist_by_technokami-d60046c.jpg

What the rest of Chanda generally looks like.

TechnOkami
2013-04-02, 05:21 PM
I'm not sure if I can post the most recent image I've just drawn, so to be on the safe side, I haven't put it up here. Go here (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Fury-363168379?ga_submit_new=10%253A1364941210) if you want to see it.

TechnOkami
2013-04-04, 11:25 PM
Fiddlesticks from League of Legends.http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/094/c/4/fiddlesticks_by_technokami-d60h9oi.jpg

TechnOkami
2013-04-07, 11:51 PM
Thelonious, a God of Flesh, Blood, and Bone. He is the origin of such Organic matter, and living things composed as such have these components originate from him, and when they die, it shall return to him. Thus, as life grows, so too does he.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/097/f/d/thelonious_by_technokami-d60uty0.jpg

Starsign
2013-04-08, 05:53 AM
Thelonious, a God of Flesh, Blood, and Bone. He is the origin of such Organic matter, and living things composed as such have these components originate from him, and when they die, it shall return to him. Thus, as life grows, so too does he.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/097/f/d/thelonious_by_technokami-d60uty0.jpg

...Yikes that looks like quite the perilous figure. I'm guessing he's from one of your games?

TechnOkami
2013-04-08, 12:31 PM
...Yikes that looks like quite the perilous figure. I'm guessing he's from one of your games?
Yussir. He's mine.

Starsign
2013-04-08, 12:43 PM
Yussir. He's mine.

Really? Well aside from the description you put up before, what is he, uh... like? (sure as hell intimidating :smalleek:)

TechnOkami
2013-04-08, 01:08 PM
Really? Well aside from the description you put up before, what is he, uh... like? (sure as hell intimidating :smalleek:)

See for yourself, Starsign. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279048)

TechnOkami
2013-04-29, 05:04 AM
I present a new image after a good while.http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/118/2/2/rosenberg_by_technokami-d63d4ph.jpgMy OC Rosenberg.

TechnOkami
2013-05-02, 08:22 PM
I drew something new, I'm not sure if it's safe for the boards though.

Go here (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Set-Me-Ablaze-369325780?ga_submit_new=10%253A1367544064) if you want to see it.

Starsign
2013-05-02, 08:29 PM
I drew something new, I'm not sure if it's safe for the boards though.

Go here (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Set-Me-Ablaze-369325780?ga_submit_new=10%253A1367544064) if you want to see it.

I like the black and white contrast there. Who is the character btw?

TechnOkami
2013-05-02, 09:03 PM
Some random person I drew. She's non-specific to any game.

Kasanip
2013-05-02, 09:12 PM
I present a new image after a good while.http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/118/2/2/rosenberg_by_technokami-d63d4ph.jpgMy OC Rosenberg.

I like this picture of Rosenburg. :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2013-05-02, 09:44 PM
I like this picture of Rosenburg. :smallsmile:

Thank you.

TechnOkami
2013-05-05, 02:33 PM
An IRL friend of mine's OC. His name's Twitch. He's a pink dragonborn in a burgandy Link tunic & hat who likes to punch things.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/125/3/c/twitch_by_technokami-d646sdr.jpgCigars not included.

TechnOkami
2013-05-08, 01:32 AM
http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Angry-Twili-370375224?ga_submit_new=10%253A1367994615

A faster than usual drawing, mostly because I just wanted to churn the idea out of my head. Potential character for a Legend of Zelda based character. The Twili in Twilight Princess have regressed emotions. This character got angry somehow, & now it's his strength.

Starsign
2013-05-08, 07:29 AM
http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Angry-Twili-370375224?ga_submit_new=10%253A1367994615

A faster than usual drawing, mostly because I just wanted to churn the idea out of my head. Potential character for a Legend of Zelda based character. The Twili in Twilight Princess have regressed emotions. This character got angry somehow, & now it's his strength.

I don't see a picture in the spoiler for some reason. Is this the same for everyone else.

Regardless, I think you've been improving with your art based on your more recent pictures. :smallsmile:

Elemental
2013-05-08, 07:41 AM
I don't see a picture in the spoiler for some reason. Is this the same for everyone else.

Yes. But then I cheated and checked it on Deviant Art.

TechnOkami
2013-05-08, 09:48 AM
Yep, it's on DA. Not sure why the image isn't working. I'll fix it later.

Elemental
2013-05-08, 09:57 AM
You might try linking to it directly from Deviant Art.
Wait... You did that...

Okay, try this. Go to Deviant Art, open the image in a new tab and copy the Image URL from there. That should work, like so:
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/127/e/5/angry_twili_by_technokami-d64ifco.jpg

TechnOkami
2013-05-08, 10:22 AM
*tadaa*

Now I don't have to fix it, though I could have. Thanks anyways Elemental.

Komodo
2013-05-09, 05:02 PM
Am I correct in assuming that the above Twili was constructed for the campaign I will be running? If so, that makes you the third.

I like it.The artwork's very metal, in a good way. The concept you wrote is very interesting, too. I suppose that life in the shadow realm would make the Twili's emotions work differently.

Anyway, looking through your gallery here has been very interesting. Thank you for sharing!

TechnOkami
2013-05-09, 05:15 PM
Am I correct in assuming that the above Twili was constructed for the campaign I will be running? If so, that makes you the third.

I like it.The artwork's very metal, in a good way. The concept you wrote is very interesting, too. I suppose that life in the shadow realm would make the Twili's emotions work differently.

Anyway, looking through your gallery here has been very interesting. Thank you for sharing!

You're welcome. I'm still debating wether I want to be a Rage Inquisitor or a Barbarian (I'll probably go Inquisitor, because I have more options out of combat & I can more easily refluff abilities to look more Twilight in nature). Oh, I have another picture of him I'm working on btw.

TechnOkami
2013-05-14, 04:01 AM
On my plane flight home, I drew a Tiger.
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/134/c/d/tahgurr_doodle_by_technokami-d658617.jpg
Ain't he purty?

TechnOkami
2013-05-25, 11:26 PM
I drew the Twili character again.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/145/8/3/phocas_by_technokami-d66lhwg.jpgHe needs Anger Management something fierce.

Starsign
2013-05-25, 11:46 PM
I drew the Twili character again.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/145/8/3/phocas_by_technokami-d66lhwg.jpgHe needs Anger Management something fierce.

...Yep, that does seem like he's got quite the rage. Reminds me of a character I might be using in the near future :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2013-05-30, 10:32 PM
More doodles of Phocas.
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/150/3/8/phocas_sketch_by_technokami-d6789x4.jpg

Starsign
2013-05-31, 11:14 PM
More doodles of Phocas.
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/150/3/8/phocas_sketch_by_technokami-d6789x4.jpg

Dang that is a neat blade he has! Which one of your characters was Phocas again?

TechnOkami
2013-05-31, 11:31 PM
Dang that is a neat blade he has! Which one of your characters was Phocas again?

New character of mine. He's from the TLoZ universe. He's a Twili from Twilight Princess (although the world is a mishmash of the various games). His sword has an evil entity in it that makes him really angry/powerful in battle.

TechnOkami
2013-06-02, 10:11 AM
So I drew what Jägerstein looks like...

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/153/8/5/jagerstein_by_technokami-d67j6si.jpg
Holy crap I was not expecting him to turn out so well...

Starsign
2013-06-02, 10:28 AM
So I drew what Jägerstein looks like...

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/153/8/5/jagerstein_by_technokami-d67j6si.jpg
Holy crap I was not expecting him to turn out so well...

That is a pretty darn good job with the facial hair! Jägerstein is a dwarf, right?

TechnOkami
2013-06-02, 10:34 AM
That is a pretty darn good job with the facial hair! Jägerstein is a dwarf, right?

Yup.JägersteinJägersteinJägerstein

TechnOkami
2013-06-04, 03:19 PM
Hurr Burr Burr Durr

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/155/f/f/burr__amp__druud_burr_by_technokami-d67s7ys.jpg

Issa Burr

Starsign
2013-06-04, 03:23 PM
Hurr Burr Burr Durr

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/155/f/f/burr__amp__druud_burr_by_technokami-d67s7ys.jpg

Issa Burr

Hehe, definitely quite the bear. Would he happen to be a werebear as a PC of yours by chance? :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2013-06-04, 03:27 PM
Hehe, definitely quite the bear. Would he happen to be a werebear as a PC of yours by chance? :smallsmile:

No, he's just a Druid God. The bear is Smokey, his animal companion.

TechnOkami
2013-06-19, 03:49 AM
A few random non-digital things today.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0fd349a33e7af780aa775b4bb883b688/tumblr_mnk0hnMsS51stsf7no1_1280.jpg
Drew this on a table while waiting for food. Yes, the table was effectively a massive chalk board.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/aa7decb2f7ea72dc57f9fab37306df85/tumblr_mnk0hnMsS51stsf7no2_1280.jpg
This I drew as a part of an art project last year for my art class. I drew the wraith, Godzilla, the wolf, and the zombie hand.

TechnOkami
2013-06-21, 10:55 PM
A character I'm considering playing for an RP soon.
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/172/1/d/maninder__manny__hayes_by_technokami-d6a3hta.jpg

His name's Maninder "Manny" Hayes. Basically a 1920's Mobster fused with a fire elemental in a freak accident. He becomes more powerful because of it.

Starsign
2013-06-21, 10:57 PM
A character I'm considering playing for an RP soon.
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/172/1/d/maninder__manny__hayes_by_technokami-d6a3hta.jpg

His name's Maninder "Manny" Hayes. Basically a 1920's Mobster fused with a fire elemental in a freak accident. He becomes more powerful because of it.

Ah I think I remember this guy. And I think I know where you might be using this guy for :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2013-06-21, 11:06 PM
Ah I think I remember this guy. And I think I know where you might be using this guy for :smallbiggrin:

Indeed.fishfishfish

TechnOkami
2013-06-22, 01:01 AM
At the behest of a comment on DA, I made an update to the image. He now has the actual circular ammo clip, the extra handle, and highlights here and there.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/172/8/8/maninder__manny__hayes_by_technokami-d6a3hta.jpg

zilatre1254
2013-06-22, 01:46 AM
thhank you very much for this knowledge.

TechnOkami
2013-06-28, 12:05 AM
I made a thing.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/177/8/4/herr_doctor_illithid_by_technokami-d6atpm7.jpg
An Illithid Doctor-thing.

Starsign
2013-06-28, 10:06 AM
I made a thing.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/177/8/4/herr_doctor_illithid_by_technokami-d6atpm7.jpg
An Illithid Doctor-thing.

An Illithid doctor certainly is a... thing. What gave you the idea for it? :smallsmile:

I'm so gonna have nightmares of this thing. :smalleek:

A Rainy Knight
2013-06-28, 11:29 AM
Pretty snappy dresser for an illithid.

TechnOkami
2013-06-28, 09:52 PM
An Illithid doctor certainly is a... thing. What gave you the idea for it? :smallsmile:

I'm so gonna have nightmares of this thing. :smalleek:

Right, durr, um, he's an oc of a friend of mine who asked me to Photochop him, so I did.

TechnOkami
2013-07-01, 09:05 PM
I did a thing, a House Ent thing.
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/182/0/6/house_ent_by_technokami-d6bkt1h.png

TechnOkami
2013-07-10, 12:13 AM
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/190/5/4/heavy_metal_keyboardist_wip_by_technokami-d6csf46.jpg

I drew a thing, a potential character-thing. He doesn't quite have a name, but his abilities are basically going to be him clanging on a giant floating Organ/Piano/Keyboard/Synthesizer and using it to channel the souls of the dead for magical prowess.

TechnOkami
2013-07-26, 10:56 PM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/207/d/4/summer_by_technokami-d6fcpmu.jpg
Doodle.

Starsign
2013-07-26, 11:31 PM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/207/d/4/summer_by_technokami-d6fcpmu.jpg
Doodle.

It's a very nice doodle regardless. Was doing the hair a pain? I usually find that to be the case. :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2013-07-26, 11:47 PM
It's a very nice doodle regardless. Was doing the hair a pain? I usually find that to be the case. :smallsmile:

It was... tricky, but it wasn't difficult. I moved to a layer behind the hair and colored behind the hair, which made it look like it was a really dark shade of that yellowish color I used.

Jotunheim
2013-07-27, 06:29 AM
Definitely some nifty stuff going on here. You've already got some really nice colors going on in these. If I were to suggest something, it would probably be looking into some general anatomy. There are a lot of good books for it out there, and it dosn't have to be as hard as it can seem :)

TechnOkami
2013-07-27, 07:20 AM
Definitely some nifty stuff going on here. You've already got some really nice colors going on in these. If I were to suggest something, it would probably be looking into some general anatomy. There are a lot of good books for it out there, and it dosn't have to be as hard as it can seem :)

It's been a general complaint of my art and something I'm aware of, but thank you.

Dernwine
2013-07-28, 08:23 PM
Can I give some feedback on the guy playing the keyboard? His fingers are almost disturbingly thin and long... this is especially true of his thumb and pinki (the pinki generally starts further back in the hand than the ring finger and end nearish the first knuckle of the ring finger, not at the same length. While the thumb tends to have some bulk to it closer to the hand) but hands are tricky! Keep at it.

TechnOkami
2013-07-28, 10:58 PM
Can I give some feedback on the guy playing the keyboard? His fingers are almost disturbingly thin and long... this is especially true of his thumb and pinki (the pinki generally starts further back in the hand than the ring finger and end nearish the first knuckle of the ring finger, not at the same length. While the thumb tends to have some bulk to it closer to the hand) but hands are tricky! Keep at it.

I got the same feedback from my GF. I haven't bothered to change it. -__-"

But thanks.

Dernwine
2013-07-29, 12:05 AM
Hehe... sorry for the repeat in that case ^_^'

TechnOkami
2013-07-29, 01:35 AM
Hehe... sorry for the repeat in that case ^_^'

Nah, it's cool.

TechnOkami
2013-08-03, 01:28 AM
Drew dis.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/214/2/6/swain_in_study_by_technokami-d6gf1yt.jpg

Dernwine
2013-08-03, 02:36 PM
On the bright side, I really like your bookshelf (Bookshelves are a pain in the backside aren't they? -_- I don't know why I have to draw them so often myself...). Oh and the fireplace, those also always annoy me and I end up spending ages with various tools to get them looking right, but you've managed to get it to look like a fire with very little work it seems.

On the other hand I'm a bit bothered by the guys head... Is that a really high collar he's wearing or a neck-brace? Either way it seems to leave very little space for his chin. I'm also unsure of what the dark thing on his head is... it kind of looks like a hat... but again, either way if it's a hat or hair it should be larger than the skull not smaller... unless I'm interpreting this image really incorrectly?

So yeah...tldnr; background I like... guy confuses me :/

TechnOkami
2013-08-03, 05:18 PM
~snip~

The guy is Swain (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Swain) from League of Legends.

Dernwine
2013-08-03, 06:56 PM
Ah okay... still a lot of the things I said apply...
Here is a good look (http://www.lolking.net/models/?champion=50&skin=0)at the Noxian ruler. He doesn't have a stiff collar, it's loose and falls in drapes.

TechnOkami
2013-08-19, 05:28 AM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/231/d/1/apathy_by_technokami-d6isl8q.jpg
Apathy.

To me, it's when your heart, the core and center of your emotions is all aflame, and then stabbed very suddenly by the cold steel of a knife. You've felt it before, the same, worn, dull edges thrust into your pulsing organ, killing it over, and over, and over again throughout your life. As it sinks inside, all emotion you felt comes to a screeching halt, as its existence has literally been deleted. All that's left is a wound that has yet to heal, a dead heart, and a gnawing void inside your core, consuming all care, emotion, thought, worry, fear, and happiness.

TechnOkami
2013-08-30, 08:44 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/242/4/5/kha_zixstahn_by_technokami-d6kduzs.jpg
In Soviet Voidland... Bug Evolve You!

Starsign
2013-08-30, 08:49 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/242/4/5/kha_zixstahn_by_technokami-d6kduzs.jpg
In Soviet Voidland... Bug Evolve You!

Cho'Gath I presume? He's got a lot of sweet costumes as I recall, such as the Gentlemen one, right? :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2013-08-30, 08:56 PM
Cho'Gath I presume? He's got a lot of sweet costumes as I recall, such as the Gentlemen one, right? :smallbiggrin:

NOPE. Guess again.

(Hint: his name is in his name... :P)

Durr, forgot to mention his silly name.

"Kha'Zixstahn"

TechnOkami
2013-09-06, 06:07 AM
I drew a brain.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/248/0/6/brain_by_technokami-d6l6zu8.jpg

'Dunno why.

TechnOkami
2013-09-11, 04:21 AM
New doodle.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/254/b/0/lizardman_s_eye_by_technokami-d6lv99f.jpg

TechnOkami
2013-09-18, 09:09 AM
Emptiness. (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Emptiness-401055609?ga_submit_new=10%253A1379512724)

I've felt this feeling before, but I don't recall when it all started nor why I feel it from time to time, but I do, and I dislike it. It feels like there's a hole in my chest, one that's slowly corroding away and stretching itself through my chest. It feels like there are hands around my throat, choking me enough so that it's inconvenient, but not enough to kill me or threaten my life. It's there, and I feel extremely apathetic when it's there. I feel depressed without the overwhelming sadness. Just... empty.

This is the first time I can strictly recall attempting to draw it while in this emotional state.

I don't know why I feel like this, or if I do, I cannot remember why. I wish I did, so I wouldn't have to feel so pathetically miserable and apathetic all the time.

Starsign
2013-09-18, 09:22 AM
Emptiness. (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Emptiness-401055609?ga_submit_new=10%253A1379512724)

I've felt this feeling before, but I don't recall when it all started nor why I feel it from time to time, but I do, and I dislike it. It feels like there's a hole in my chest, one that's slowly corroding away and stretching itself through my chest. It feels like there are hands around my throat, choking me enough so that it's inconvenient, but not enough to kill me or threaten my life. It's there, and I feel extremely apathetic when it's there. I feel depressed without the overwhelming sadness. Just... empty.

This is the first time I can strictly recall attempting to draw it while in this emotional state.

I don't know why I feel like this, or if I do, I cannot remember why. I wish I did, so I wouldn't have to feel so pathetically miserable and apathetic all the time.

I know this feeling, I really go. I've had numerous times in my life where I've felt empty, like I can put my hand through where my heart is and feel nothing. I lose all sense of motivation, of action, of any interest to do anything. And I have no idea why I'm like that. It just comes. :smallfrown:

All I can say is that things do improve over time. The feeling goes eventually. You just need to hang in there until then. You have all of us here to help you out for that. :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2013-10-23, 03:44 PM
Oh, hey... I'm alive.

Have some art.

#art dump

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/296/5/7/scimitar_by_technokami-d6rjz0s.jpg

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/296/3/6/barrel_by_technokami-d6rk1kd.jpg

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/296/e/6/blood_magic_by_technokami-d6rk1th.jpg

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/296/3/b/orc_knife_fighter_by_technokami-d6rk1wt.jpg
V This one's a bit grizzly, and not in the good way.
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/296/f/5/happiness_by_technokami-d6rk21l.jpg
If you want to know more about this one specifically, go to DeviantART and read it. I don't feel like posting what I said here (although I suppose it doesn't matter, open internet n' all).

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/296/5/5/pharoh_of_deprivation_by_technokami-d6rk2zm.jpg

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/296/2/9/sheep_by_technokami-d6rk39k.jpg

Starsign
2013-10-23, 06:17 PM
Oh, hey... I'm alive.

Have some art.

#art dump

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/296/5/7/scimitar_by_technokami-d6rjz0s.jpg

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/296/3/6/barrel_by_technokami-d6rk1kd.jpg

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/296/e/6/blood_magic_by_technokami-d6rk1th.jpg

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/296/3/b/orc_knife_fighter_by_technokami-d6rk1wt.jpg
V This one's a bit grizzly, and not in the good way.
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/296/f/5/happiness_by_technokami-d6rk21l.jpg
If you want to know more about this one specifically, go to DeviantART and read it. I don't feel like posting what I said here (although I suppose it doesn't matter, open internet n' all).

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/296/5/5/pharoh_of_deprivation_by_technokami-d6rk2zm.jpg

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/296/2/9/sheep_by_technokami-d6rk39k.jpg

I do like the variety within these pictures. Glad to see you back as well! :smallbiggrin: Glad to be able to be posting art here once more? :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2013-10-25, 09:28 PM
Some digital work after a long time of being unable to do digital.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/298/c/8/emotion_by_technokami-d6rtexz.jpg

TechnOkami
2013-10-31, 06:46 PM
In lieu of the holiday season, my art teacher let us go banana's at a skeleton. I have discovered that starting with the mid tones is f@cking amazing, and for me personally it is the best way to add depth and value, because to be frank, I'm rather sh!tty at it.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/304/c/0/skeleton_by_technokami-d6sjabj.jpg
Harpy Harroween!

TechnOkami
2013-11-11, 02:47 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/315/c/0/lonely_goddess_by_technokami-d6tw06v.jpg

An Unused Goddess for a Quickly Killed game.

All hail Chanda, half-woman, half-scorpion Goddess of the Desert.

TechnOkami
2013-11-14, 09:18 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen...

Dr. flippin' Mundo

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/318/5/8/dr__mundo_by_technokami-d6u9ou8.png

Starsign
2013-11-14, 09:19 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen...

Dr. flippin' Mundo

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/318/5/8/dr__mundo_by_technokami-d6u9ou8.png

Yup yup. I see you've had some more fun Rp'ing as him over on that other site? :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2013-11-18, 03:32 AM
Scribbles.

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/322/4/0/hearth_and_mead_by_technokami-d6uowf2.png

smoke prism
2013-12-04, 11:51 AM
Are you still taking requests ?

TechnOkami
2013-12-04, 05:34 PM
Are you still taking requests ?

Yep, although I won't get to things until the week after next week, at best. What might I draw for thee?

smoke prism
2013-12-04, 05:59 PM
A game I'm planing (see sig if your intreasted) will have knights that have been turned into soul eating fire deamons in charred armour.

I imagine them to be like the [Ublack knights (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=black+knight+dark+souls&client=ms-android-samsung&hl=en-GB&source=android-browser-type&v=133247963&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=kq6fUrGOM4-ThQfR0oDgAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=320&bih=455#biv=i%7C0%3Bd%7C_CLapSagiv-L2M%3A) from dark souls, but there armour would be dark red with black charring. There swords are silver with the same charring as there armour. They don't use Shields, instead the gauntlet is massive and it is dark red without any fire damage.

Hope that was clear, if not just ask.

Also if you do chose to do it don't rush it, I don't need it till later in the story.

TechnOkami
2013-12-04, 08:34 PM
A game I'm planing (see sig if your intreasted) will have knights that have been turned into soul eating fire deamons in charred armour.

I imagine them to be like the [Ublack knights (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=black+knight+dark+souls&client=ms-android-samsung&hl=en-GB&source=android-browser-type&v=133247963&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=kq6fUrGOM4-ThQfR0oDgAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=320&bih=455#biv=i%7C0%3Bd%7C_CLapSagiv-L2M%3A) from dark souls, but there armour would be dark red with black charring. There swords are silver with the same charring as there armour. They don't use Shields, instead the gauntlet is massive and it is dark red without any fire damage.

Hope that was clear, if not just ask.

Also if you do chose to do it don't rush it, I don't need it till later in the story.

I think I've got the gist of it. I'll get it done when I can.

TechnOkami
2013-12-08, 04:18 AM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/342/0/4/nothing_s_changed_by_technokami-d6x5ujp.png
It's... honestly as simple as that. Nothing's changed. I still feel this weight in my chest that I want ripped out, I still **** up at life, I'm depressed, my art's still ****ty, I feel alone even though I know I'm not, I'm not even excited that it's the Christmas season anymore. I'm just tired all the time, and all I feel like doing is sleeping. I've been listening to this (www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrXtQ8… on loop for a good while now, and it's the only thing I've been able to stand listening to, as it fits my mood the best at the moment. I've ****ed up at school, I feel like I' just ****ing up at every chance I get. I'll be home soon, and maybe there the "pain" will stop, maybe then I can feel better- I don't know. I'm just tired of feeling like this depressed miserable stain and slime on the face of the earth. I wish I could actually remember what I dream, I wish that I could fall asleep at the turn of a dime, I just... I don't know. I'm going to bed now, knowing all this about me, and HEY, I have to sing in a choir tomorrow about cheery Christmas songs, and I really don't want to, but will anyways.

BladeofObliviom
2013-12-08, 04:26 AM
*Hugs*

I'm very sorry to hear that. :smallfrown:

For what it's worth, I think you have plenty of value and describing yourself as "a miserable stain and slime" is seriously underselling your talents. For example, virtually everything in this thread is leaps and bounds above my crappy drawings.

Obviously I don't know you in real life (probably), but all that I've seen of you on this forum and on skype suggests that you're a bright, friendly, creative person with plenty of good qualities. :smallsmile:

(Good luck with that Choir stuff, by the way. Cheery christmas songs aren't really my thing either, but they're classic and so we all have to live with them. :smallyuk:)

TechnOkami
2013-12-08, 07:37 AM
I know Blade, I know. And you're right, it's true. I do undersell myself a lot, but I can't help just feeling miserable at times, for many reasons. It's ok though, because time will pass and my mood will inevitably get better. I just wish it didn't recur the way it did, or I at least wish I understood why it did.

...heh, I should mention: Shahiyena was an attempt for me to explore and channel this dark mood I get into, attempting to push it through a creative outlet. It worked, for awhile, but it never truly worked the way I wanted to with it/him, and he/it started to simply exasterbate the problem. So, that's another reason why I don't really want to roleplay him anymore.

I'm actually feeling a lot better than I was earlier. Now if only I could fall asleep or find some last motes of inspiration to conclude Shahiyena.

Mae615
2013-12-12, 01:28 AM
Great job.

TechnOkami
2013-12-19, 02:29 AM
The Doctor once more.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/352/4/b/mundo_at_shurima_by_technokami-d6yhgns.png

TechnOkami
2014-01-06, 09:55 AM
So, in accordance with the rules, after I take a look at them once more, I've decided to simply link to a page with the image itself.

Infernas (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/006/e/e/infernas_by_technokami-d713kmt.png)

TechnOkami
2014-01-11, 10:47 PM
Amelia, the Purifier (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/011/d/f/amelia__the_purifier_by_technokami-d71u7dl.png)

TechnOkami
2014-03-06, 09:06 PM
So, I drew me. Well, not me, but yes me.

I drew my online persona. (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/TechnOkami-438556501)

TechnOkami
2014-03-10, 01:28 AM
Doodled a sphinx. (http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/068/4/7/sphinx_doodle_by_technokami-d79mqc4.png)

TechnOkami
2014-03-12, 01:01 AM
Crown of Nails (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Crown-of-Nails-439839885)

Why is my art at my best when I never feel at my best?

TechnOkami
2014-04-11, 05:00 AM
I'm tired of my art sucking, and not being at the level I want it to be. I'm tired of my inability to make and hold a character, and have distanced myself from the games I'm in to sit down and read some books (for once). I'm tired of not enjoying school, feeling like I've made so little progress towards an education I'm not even wholly sure I really want.

~sigh~

Blah blah blah, rant rant rant, lazy lazy lazy.

If I manage to paint something digitally I'll post more work, but I've taken a greater interest in traditional media as of late and am sorely pressed for a scanner. I don't like photographing my drawings.

In other news... I got The Wolf Among Us, and finished the first chapter of the game today, the next two + working through more of Game of Thrones + sitting down to do homework I don't want to touch with a 9'1/2 foot pole will all happen eventually in some manner tomorrow. Bleh, I'm being grumpy about these things for a long time with the motivation of a sloth to make any progress on them, the video games being the sole exception. I'm going to try and catch some sleep. Nighty night.

Domochevsky
2014-04-11, 12:16 PM
Easy there, bro. Don't force art. :smallsmile:

How do you feel about drawing some happieness and sunshine? I find that it works well for me to use strong and bright colors for positive purposes.

Starsign
2014-04-11, 12:26 PM
I agree with Domochevsky. You should try to be a little more positive. It isn't like you worrying like this. All else fails, don't try to force your art out; it'll only make things worse. :smallsmile: Besides, I don't think any of us dislike your art and it's far from being awful.

*offers hugs to TechnOkami*

TechnOkami
2014-04-11, 02:28 PM
Easy there, bro. Don't force art. :smallsmile:

How do you feel about drawing some happieness and sunshine? I find that it works well for me to use strong and bright colors for positive purposes.
Honestly? Like, honestly-honestly? The prospect puts me to sleep. Positivity and overly positive things like that don't do much of anything at all to or for me, and if anything it's a creative turnoff.

P.S. It's less about the forcing and more about the persistence aspect of it all which makes me frustrated.

I agree with Domochevsky. You should try to be a little more positive. It isn't like you worrying like this. All else fails, don't try to force your art out; it'll only make things worse. :smallsmile: Besides, I don't think any of us dislike your art and it's far from being awful.

*offers hugs to TechnOkami*

I'm not worrying about it Star, I'm just frustrated, and Ive been frustrated for years and a little bit of that cracked through last night. Thanks for the concern though.

TechnOkami
2014-07-02, 03:55 PM
Question: I've gotten back into the swing of churning out art, and I would like to know if people still want me to update this thread with links to my art or not. I will continue to update my deviantART and, as I've newly started recently, my Tumblr, but my question about updating this thread still stands.

BladeofObliviom
2014-07-02, 04:08 PM
Question: I've gotten back into the swing of churning out art, and I would like to know if people still want me to update this thread with links to my art or not. I will continue to update my deviantART and, as I've newly started recently, my Tumblr, but my question about updating this thread still stands.

Well, I was going to say that I don't follow your deviantART or Tumblr and don't see your stuff unless it's here, but then I remembered that I had a deviantART account myself and it would be roughly three mouseclicks for me to just follow that. :smalltongue:

That said, there's no real reason not to continue posting here unless you feel like three sites is too much to easily keep track of, since it's one more place for you to get free advertising. :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2014-07-02, 04:20 PM
That said, there's no real reason not to continue posting here unless you feel like three sites is too much to easily keep track of, since it's one more place for you to get free advertising. :smallsmile:

Lazy me says: "It'll be a hassle."

Normal me says: "Meh, its not that strenuous."

I'll probably keep updating this. The trick is remembering to.

TechnOkami
2014-07-03, 12:36 AM
Belated Update

Master Study: De Chirico's "Nostalgia of the Infinite" (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/De-Chirico-Master-Study-464914636?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=1)

Personal work: Brand, The Burning Vengeance (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Brand-464940445?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=0)

TechnOkami
2014-07-13, 03:45 PM
It is to both an unfortunate and a wonderful thing to know that booze has no positive (in fact it has more negative as far as I've experienced) effect on my artistic skills. I will at the very least not be an artistic drunkard. Amusingly enough, my writing seems to flow more easily when somewhat intoxicated though, so there is that to keep in mind.

Starsign
2014-07-13, 03:53 PM
It is to both an unfortunate and a wonderful thing to know that booze has no positive (in fact it has more negative as far as I've experienced) effect on my artistic skills. I will at the very least not be an artistic drunkard. Amusingly enough, my writing seems to flow more easily when somewhat intoxicated though, so there is that to keep in mind.

Heh, I've never been able to be much of a drinker myself. If I ever get intoxicated (usually just from a single glass) then I'm usually not able to do anything creative, at least not to any sort of effectiveness.

Will be looking forward to more of your art here though! :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2014-07-13, 04:00 PM
Heh, I've never been able to be much of a drinker myself. If I ever get intoxicated (usually just from a single glass) then I'm usually not able to do anything creative, at least not to any sort of effectiveness.

Will be looking forward to more of your art here though! :smallbiggrin:

Well, I'm a snail as far as everything goes (I'm just naturally slow, which isn't a horrible thing overall), so it'll of course take time for me to create things. So like, don't hold your breath and be too expectant of whatever I create, because it will always be at my own speed, which is like an Astronaut Sloth floating through space.

I might have stuff up sometime this week, but that really depends on if I'm able to photograph my drawings today or not.

TechnOkami
2014-07-15, 05:48 PM
So I drew this (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Dr-Mundo-413637632) a while back.

And just recently, as in minutes ago, I finished coloring it. (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Dr-Mundo-468333210)

TechnOkami
2014-09-09, 02:35 AM
Dear Art Gallery Thread Diary & Audience
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
fishfishfishfishfishToday I learned that the key to making art
is to not think too hard on what you're going to make, and to instead
just make it. I sort of knew of the concept, but it never really clicked
in my head until recently, where attending a sort of weird mishmash
of painting and dining with my mother lead me to realize just how poor
a physical painting-painter I really am, but that a huge step forward
was not in my lack of skill, but in my lack of proper attitude. You see,
to put it into blunt terms, you do not give a sh!t nor two flying f@cks
about how it looks initially or random little tidbits you'd want in the
painting or anything like that. You. Just. Do.

That said, I have never really felt this confident with my art before
knowing that all I have to do is not give a sh!t about how it looks and
instead just paint away. I hope this sudden onslaught of optimism isn't
completely unfounded in my head, and that I do in fact make things of
quality, but hey, I can't care about the outcome, just gotta do. I unfortunately
must retire to bed, but before I did I made a quick doodle of one of my ancient
D&D characters of yore, and the doodle while doodley didn't turn out too terrible.

While at school and with a far better uploading internet than the one I
have at home, I fully intend to upload it and anything else I happen to
make tomorrow (or is that today? Wibbles wobbles time wime).

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqSincerely,
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqTechnOkami

P.S. Do not think. Do.whitetexttotrickthesystemhuehuehue
Non-letter PS Because I'm Lazy: The moon is rather pretty tonight, nearing full or full of some kind, although not yellow and fat. I might be just sleep deprived and turning into an art-werewolf at night hence suddenly getting ravenous about the arting. I should do this more often.

TechnOkami
2014-09-27, 06:47 PM
D&D Character's Head (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Logan-Bust-484989727)

So I've been realizing that I literally have no idea how to paint. Amusingly, I prefer drawing using traditional media, and much prefer the idea of painting digitally vs using traditional mediums, but more out of laziness than anything. I suppose when I say I literally don't know how to paint, I also don't know how to utilize color well (color theory and all that), and am perhaps too accustom to drawing solely in black and white/grey scale.

I think some previous classes involving painting have perhaps caused me to be a little jaded, but they were too advanced for me, and I was expected to produce paintings of a quality greater than I could produce. I was incredibly frustrated over it, but I enjoy entertaining the idea of painting with digital media, mostly because it is so easily spreadable across the internet and thus allows me to spread my art more efficiently and get more people to look at my art, even if it's just a glance.

I re-realized while making this piece that a big hurdle that I have yet to attempt is simply painting using just the brush, including all sense of variety with color and tones without using any of the modes, purely work with the layers and attempting to make it all look, well, good. At least good looking to the point where I'll be satisfied with what I've produced and not see all the flaws, just create. That would be nice.

Anyways, this individual piece is just to represent where exactly I am in terms of artistic skill. I drew everything initially in black and white, put color under the hair, then set the drawing layer to multiply, I overlaid an orange color across the hair so the blacks wouldn't be so pronounced, and then I did the same thing over the skin with various skin tones. Then I attempted to just paint normally, and that's where I've had my issues. I'm thinking I should just save myself the headache and paint solely in a grey scale-esque way, and the color everything using color balance, but I lose a lot of color subtlety and tonalities if I do that, and I feel that resorting to it would be a mistake on my part.

Septimus Faber
2014-10-09, 04:36 PM
Being a non-artist, or at least a current non-artist, myself I can't say very much that's constructive. I can, however, say that you should stick with it. In my limited experience, paint done right (especially watercolor or similar) looks absolutely amazing.

Cuthalion
2014-11-04, 10:49 PM
Happy birthday Tech! :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2014-11-05, 02:29 AM
Happy birthday Tech! :smallbiggrin:
I shouldn't be that surprised.
How did you know??!!?!!?!!?!
It is the internet after all.
But srsly though, I'm confused as to how you know.
Did you get it from my post in the birthday thread?
I mean thanks, but how?

BladeofObliviom
2014-11-05, 03:23 AM
I mean thanks, but how?

My guess would have been the Deviantart profile you linked. Also happy birthday! (though I'm like half an hour late to the party)

Cuthalion
2014-11-06, 02:49 PM
I mean thanks, but how?
From dA. I've been watching you for close to a year now. :smalltongue:

TechnOkami
2014-11-06, 03:33 PM
From dA. I've been watching you for close to a year now. :smalltongue:

Are you under the same name there as you are on GitP? Either way I totally don't remember you following me at all. :/

Cuthalion
2014-11-07, 02:55 PM
Are you under the same name there as you are on GitP? Either way I totally don't remember you following me at all. :/

A nickname from here, Cuthillius.

TechnOkami
2014-11-07, 03:21 PM
A nickname from here, Cuthillius.

Huh, ok.

In other news: I have money and I intend to do things with it, like buy a scanner and upload (possibly color too) a huge backload of physical drawings I've got.

TechnOkami
2014-12-21, 07:32 AM
UPDATE HELL

Girl with Hair (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Girl-with-Hair-501547409?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=9)

Dancer (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Dancer-501549573?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=8)

Ghost Lady (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Ghost-Lady-501551154?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=7)

Fairy (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Fairy-501552422?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=6)

NSFW Anatomy and Skulls (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Anatomy-and-Skulls-501554482?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=5)

Skulls (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Skulls-501556598?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=4)

Werewolf Anatomy (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Werewolf-Anatomy-501558685?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=3)

Sorta NSFWElemental (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Elemental-501561700?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=2)

Oktoberfest Skeleton (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Oktoberfest-Skeleton-501565318?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=1)

Logan (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Logan-501567928?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=0)

Part two should be sometime tomorrow. If not then, sometime in the future. For now, bed.

TechnOkami
2014-12-22, 01:04 AM
PART TWO

Mushroom Samurai (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Mushroom-Samurai-501711437?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=6)

Ice Giant (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Ice-Giant-501715746?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=5)

Skeletons (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Skeletons-501720910?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=4)

Goblins and Plague (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Goblins-and-Plague-501726524?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=3)

Character Designs (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Character-Designs-501733774?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=2)

Logan (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Logan-501742625?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=1)

Ghost (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Ghost-501751288?q=gallery%3ATechnOkami%2F9918923&qo=0)

That's all for now.

Domochevsky
2014-12-23, 04:56 PM
Jeez, talk about art dump. :smalleek:
Did you have that build up as a backlog or did you suddenly get into a bout of art rage?

TechnOkami
2014-12-23, 05:25 PM
Jeez, talk about art dump. :smalleek:
Did you have that build up as a backlog or did you suddenly get into a bout of art rage?
A bit of column A, a bit of column B, mostly column A spurred on by column B.

TechnOkami
2014-12-24, 06:50 PM
Merry krampus, one and all

TechnOkami
2015-04-12, 04:40 PM
For those interested, I'm streaming at the moment: http://www.twitch.tv/technokami

I'm just doing some stuff for my mom at the moment, but afterwards I might try a little painting.

TechnOkami
2015-04-12, 06:50 PM
I painted a thing. http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Red-Potion-In-Bottle-526554713

TechnOkami
2015-04-20, 05:44 PM
Never Mind

I was planning on Streaming today, but my computer is giving me major grief today, and I’m not in the best mindset to be doing something about it right now, which is to say I’m feeling depressed. Sorry everybody.

TechnOkami
2015-05-31, 09:08 PM
A new thing. (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Malzahar-536596383)

I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea where this painting (in terms of how it looks compared to the rest of the crap I usually create) came from.

I think what really sold me with it and what enabled me to have fun was the light texture brush I used for the whole painting. It was so nice feeling like I didn't need to worry about super smooth gradations of color, that I could have something this good come out of the messiness it was. I absolutely love just building up the painting from the ground up with a brush that lightly applies onto the canvass, almost like painting purely with the dry brush technique. It makes me feel like I have a far greater level of expressiveness I can achieve than previously able. I am very, very happy with how this turned out.

TechnOkami
2015-06-01, 01:32 AM
Another new thing. (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Serkhan-Argyris-536745383)

This is Serkhan Argyris, an Original Character of mine whom I roleplay between myself and my girlfriend.

TechnOkami
2015-06-03, 01:48 AM
More things. (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Nature-Spirit-Elemental-Thing-537175776)

TechnOkami
2015-08-29, 11:40 PM
Something I'm working on.

Fire Pillair (http://imgur.com/l41s6SI)

Domochevsky
2015-08-30, 03:33 AM
Something I'm working on.

Fire Pillair (http://imgur.com/l41s6SI)

Promising start. Proceed with the inferno. :smallsmile:

TechnOkami
2015-08-31, 10:21 PM
Update (http://imgur.com/gallery/sT9VAyO) of Fire Pillar.

TechnOkami
2015-09-03, 06:12 PM
Fire Pillar Finalization (http://imgur.com/gallery/790xp47)

I'm happy where it's at. There's likely things I could improve, but eh.

TechnOkami
2015-11-20, 06:56 PM
Contrary to popular belief I am not dead, and I am still churning art. If I had a bigger scanner I would scan all the crap I've been drawing in my Figure Drawing class. But alas, it's small.

Anywho! Here's something I can show off.

I carved this. By hand.
It's (http://imgur.com/CgKASSG)
a (http://imgur.com/CSAaB7g)
wolf (http://imgur.com/fh8nD7j)
head. (http://imgur.com/J7rDkpj)

:D

TechnOkami
2015-12-17, 07:00 PM
It's been a while.

Here, have art.

Mo' Art

Sulh (http://imgur.com/gallery/jtECS3q)

Skarner (http://imgur.com/wd82VfL)

Bard (http://imgur.com/VqYV2MY)

TechnOkami
2015-12-21, 05:05 AM
Here be Goblins. (http://imgur.com/OitDdPG)

My vicious, adorable, insane, fuzzy, knife-wielding, mad, culinary inclined Goblins.

Also, I've carved another thing! I forgot to mention it, but I've carved an intriguing thing. Basically it will be the casting icon/amulet/focus for a character of mine I will play in a D&D 5th ed. campaign IRL.

TechnOkami
2016-05-10, 12:10 AM
Welcome Back (http://technokami.deviantart.com/art/Welcome-Back-608131581)

So, it seems the old adage is true after all. You can't create and feel like you're creating something of worth unless you're at low points. I often wonder if perhaps depression is the path you should let yourself sink deep and long, submerged until so you're so blithering and miserable you can sustain yourself off of the art you create, to perpetuate your pain so others can look at the things you craft in your hollow misery. Its ironic though, isn't it, that no matter how badly you wish you could craft from a place of peace and happiness you cannot. You must fall into your loathing, your low and deep moods, all in order to craft something and not have it feel forced.

A pity, really.

Still though, you created something, and for what its worth it does feel good to make something like this again. Congratulations. Too bad its a fleeting thing though, since sorrow and pain is something you actively try to avoid with your depression pills and returning to slumber well after you've woken up for five more hours. Even your words become more eloquent when you're in this sorry state, creativity finally returning and opening its valves once more. You never could control it, but pain and misery always seemed to bring it back. It's so, so unhealthy for you yet art is the only thing you really like, aside from video games I suppose. Art gave you purpose and motivation, but you cannot have your art without the pain. Quite the toxic relationship, and predicament, isn't it?

Art is pain.

For you at least.

You have your truth before you. You can either continue to cower like a dog on the floor, or you can pick yourself up and prepare to endure wave after wave of pain, for only the finest things can bloom and blossom from the towering depths of hardship placed upon it. You return here because you feel so god-awful with all that emptiness within you to the point of recognizing that you need that pain, no matter how much you want to avoid it. The choice is yours. Will you truly embrace it, all that deep and fathomless pain to craft that which brings you joy, or will you leave yourself in necrosis and rot? The choice is yours.

TechnOkami
2017-01-13, 04:37 AM
M'PICKLE... (http://i.imgur.com/UdaIe5X.jpg)

Long story short: me not creating art for a long ass time due to depression & crippling lack of inspiration and motivation was finally inspired to do something for one of my friends who is a lovely lady that does and organizes burlesque shows in NY.

This is stupid, and I love it.

...also, reading that above comment that I posted while in a really low place in my life, and then I make something like this... I'm really happy I've moved away from that, and was able to make this.

Mental Health sucks yo, get yo self treated if you haven't been already. Be a part of the constant dialogue in the Personal Woes and Advice thread if you're not already, see somebody for something or open up to people, break this stigma, drip down to the depths of your soul of you have to but please drag yourself back out of it, no matter how you do so. You'll be all the stronger and better for it.

Domochevsky
2017-01-13, 08:25 AM
Oh hey, nice to see you back at it. Good on you for climbing up. :)

...the gentlemanly pickle helps, too. :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2017-12-14, 08:04 AM
Surprise surprise, a new piece.

Bastion's Head (https://orig00.deviantart.net/fd5b/f/2017/348/9/7/bastion_s_head_by_technokami-dbwolv8.png)

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of making art, but at my pace.