PDA

View Full Version : Are you Sheep? Or are you Shepherds? (D&D 3.5) [IC]

Cookie Nomster
2012-10-12, 08:37 AM
Day 98 of the 551st Year of the Hunter.

"Hand me that two-by-four, will ya? Thanks."
City, the larger of the two settlements on World, overflows with life. Preparations for the End-of-Year Celebration keep everyone busy. The hunters languish together in Tavern, chattering about...something. Eccentric group that lot. Heretic was a Hunter, but now is not the time to dwell on dark histories, it's a time of celebration! The smell of pies, peach and bindleberry, waft into your nostrils, filling you with warm anticipation for the party to come. Mmmm, bindleberry pie...They're only in season this time of year, and even Old Poe admits that Phoebe Baker, at the tender age of 16, makes the best bindleberry pie he's ever had. And who knows what tricks she's learned since last year? I mean, she and Bern are always making some sort of deliciousness in that little shop. Apple Pie, Peach Pie, Pumpkin Pie, AND THE APPLE CRISP! O Father, last year had just the most unbelieva-
"Who's up for a game of Hoops?" A sharp nasal voice rudely cuts short your thoughts of pastries. You see Noah Hunter standing with a group of others, Willem Farmer, Tarm Carpenter, and Earl Hunter. Noah's a lanky fellow, and his long arms seem to hide the group behind him as he spreads them wide in challenge. Willem and Tarm were both simpletons, strong, and not too bright, unlike their friend Earl, who possessed both strength and wit. His arms seem to engulf the leather ball they hold.
"Anyone? Or are y'all a bunch of yellowbellies?"

Loki_42
2012-10-12, 01:57 PM
Gerard considered the offer for a moment. He didn't play all that much, and never practiced at it, but he was fast, and could probably take on Willem and Tarm easily.

"Quiet your tongue, Noah. A game of hoops against you would be no call for cowardice. I'll take you on, if anyone's willing to team with me."

WyvernLord
2012-10-12, 05:36 PM
Total opens his eyes annoyed at Noah for disturbing his thoughts. He swivels around in his seat to look at him.

"I'm up for a short game. Maybe it will be interesting."

He eyes Noah, giving him a smirking smile. :smallamused:

Mr. X
2012-10-12, 08:06 PM
Job downs the rest of his bindleberry cider, and wipes his mouth with the back of a meaty hand.

"Aye Noah, I'll play. I still owe you a bustin' for last months game, Ha!

He stands, and joins the forming team.

Mangles
2012-10-13, 05:32 PM
Rall nods once at the company, unable to pass up a game.

"I'm in."

Cookie Nomster
2012-10-14, 11:26 PM
A number of others gather around, looking to watch a little of the game before returning to work.
Alright! It looks even, four on four...shall we begin?
Is this a game of Hoops? You recognize the voice, deep, rich, powerful, its owner walks towards you with broad strides, dressed in simple work clothes rather than his usual garnished raiments. Eidolon.If you fellows don't mind, I'd like to participate. But if you're all too afraid, then I suppose I could return to my duties. The corners of his perfectly formed mouth turn upwards in a playful smile.
Of course Great Prophet! There would-
Please, call me Eidolon, at least when we're in such an informal setting.
Yes Great Eidolon! It would be an honor if I could play alongside my Prophet. Noah bows deeply, oblivious to Eidolon's obvious amusement.
After looking around at the rest of the players, the newcomer walks over to Noah's group and stares each of you down, starting with Job and ending with Rall, the same slight smile still pasted on his face.

Loki_42
2012-10-15, 08:00 PM
Gerard nods to his master. "Good day, sir. Will you be taking Noah's side in this game?"

Mr. X
2012-10-15, 10:45 PM
Job stammers, all but grovelling before the Prophet...

"Great Prophe- ahh, er, Eidolon... You do us impossible honor by your presence!"

He looks shamefully about,

"But surely you must realize, even if you were to play against all eight of us, we might only hope to get you to break a sweat."

Cookie Nomster
2012-10-16, 04:13 PM
"Please, no need for such praise, I assure you, I am no better than any other at Hoops," he says, his lips still locked in the same half-smile. He looks around, "Are we waiting for someone?"
Noah jolts straight, "You heard the Prophet! Go! Go! Spread out!" He retreats to his own hoops before tossing the ball out in front of him, and before anyone is ready, he kicks the ball forward, advancing down the field at speed.

Mangles
2012-10-16, 04:17 PM
Rall immediately runs after him, trying to steal the ball and turn the play around. He has a big grin on his face.

Take: [roll0]

Mr. X
2012-10-16, 06:47 PM
As the game's start becomes apparent, Job lumbers forward as fast as he can, taking up a defensive position behind Rall, and preparing to block any offensive charge down the field.

Job moves to Column H, Row 7.

Initiative:[roll0]
Hoops Defense: [roll1] (Str mod)

WyvernLord
2012-10-17, 12:48 PM
Toal steps back to the goals (D6) ready to to guard them.
Initiative [roll0]

Loki_42
2012-10-17, 12:52 PM
Gerard takes Rall's other flank, trying to defend him along with Job.

Move to H3
Initiative: [roll0]
Defend: [roll1]

Cookie Nomster
2012-10-18, 09:41 PM
Noah spins to the left, deftly guiding the ball away from Rall's feet and towards Job. He taps the ball between Job's sturdy legs, and heads right, sprinting towards Toal.

Loki_42
2012-10-28, 05:34 PM
Gerard will move to G4.