PDA

View Full Version : Archonic energy

pendell
2012-10-12, 01:30 PM
Just noticed the banner ad (http://imageshack.us/a/img405/1852/33234695.png). Well played, sir.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Lateral
2012-10-12, 02:36 PM
Indeed. I think Archie's offering you a challenge there, Hippie.

LaZodiac
2012-10-12, 02:43 PM
I'm seeing Dragons of Atlantis. Please explain.

ForzaFiori
2012-10-12, 02:45 PM
The banner add for the US says:
"Hello Troglanders
Hope you are engoying your weekend of festivities
Oh, and Hippie... *stab*:smallamused:"

with a picture of Archonic Energy's avvy.

since you're in canada, you have a different add (IIRC, there's one for the US, Canada, Australia, and "other")

LaZodiac
2012-10-12, 02:48 PM
Ah, ok. I'm Canadian so I guess I don't get to see it.

Mauve Shirt
2012-10-12, 02:53 PM
LOVE IT! Wish you could come, Archie!

And here's the pic

http://www.projectwonderful.com/img/uploads/pics/75681-1340971953.gif

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-10-12, 02:55 PM
Archie, you are AWESOME.

Teddy
2012-10-12, 04:14 PM
Since I can't see it either, what does the alt-text say?

A Rainy Knight
2012-10-12, 04:59 PM
Since I can't see it either, what does the alt-text say?

It says "hey look... alt text *stab*"

Maxios
2012-10-12, 06:06 PM
The ad just got reported. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. So I'm going to do both at the same time. Oh snap it's the fun police! Run away! Run away! Run *runs into tree*...ow

Mercenary Pen
2012-10-12, 06:14 PM
I have an idea this has been in the offing for months, because I think I recall the subject being mooted back at the Oxford mini-meet back in March...

Trog
2012-10-12, 07:08 PM
That. Is. Awesome! :smallbiggrin: The very first forum-wide stabbity! :smallamused:

Mutant Sheep
2012-10-12, 07:41 PM
The ad just got reported. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. So I'm going to do both at the same time. Oh snap it's the fun police! Run away! Run away! Run *runs into tree*...owIt was reported? :smalleek: Whats e ven to report? :smallconfused: The Smiley? The obvious SMG "*stab*"?

That. Is. Awesome! :smallbiggrin: The very first forum-wide stabbity! :smallamused:Hippiiiiieeee! *noes in slow mo*

Grue Bait
2012-10-12, 10:57 PM
Archie, I think you just won everything ever. :smallbiggrin:

Janus
2012-10-13, 01:41 AM
The ad just got reported. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. So I'm going to do both at the same time. Oh snap it's the fun police! Run away! Run away! Run *runs into tree*...ow
I know, I know. I didn't know anything about the joke and figured I might as well bring it up since the Giant tends to be really particular about his art being used.

I'm never going to live this down, am I?

Teddy
2012-10-13, 03:47 AM
That. Is. Awesome! :smallbiggrin: The very first forum-wide stabbity! :smallamused:

Except no one bar you Troglanders can see it, so it isn't really that forum-wide. :smallwink:

Archonic Energy
2012-10-13, 03:58 AM
ok, i'll bite.

thanks for all the awesomes. I'm glad i could spread some happiness with such a simple thing.
I only posted it in America because it's very specific in it's target demographic...

it'll expire in about 2 hrs or so unless it's outbid.
and it won't happen again because, it won't be as funny a second time... now a full page ad in the NY times... THAT'D be funny...

I would like to thank the Banners artist. they know who they are... and have been thanked via facebook.

now to see what the retaliation is going to be...

willpell
2012-10-13, 04:12 AM
Except no one bar you Troglanders can see it, so it isn't really that forum-wide. :smallwink:

I have no idea what a "troglander" is but I can see the ad. When I click on it it redirects to GiantITP's main page. I am very confused. Who's Hippie?

Teddy
2012-10-13, 06:15 AM
I have no idea what a "troglander" is but I can see the ad. When I click on it it redirects to GiantITP's main page. I am very confused. Who's Hippie?

Trogland is the land where Trog (the guy I quoted, incidentially) lives, i.e. America. Smellie Hippie is another member on this forum. He and Archonic Energy (the author of the banner) are caught up in an eternal stab-war, where they *stab* eachother at each and every opportunity.

KuReshtin
2012-10-13, 06:50 AM
Trogland is the land where Trog (the guy I quoted, incidentially) lives, i.e. America. Smellie Hippie is another member on this forum. He and Archonic Energy (the author of the banner) are caught up in an eternal stab-war, where they *stab* eachother at each and every opportunity.

Archonic is currently in the lead on account of bringing an actual knife to a Skype fight, and showing up in Trogland and surprise-stabbing the Hippie with a wooden sword while the Hippie was hungover.

smellie_hippie
2012-10-13, 06:57 AM
ok, i'll bite.

thanks for all the awesomes. I'm glad i could spread some happiness with such a simple thing.
I only posted it in America because it's very specific in it's target demographic...

it'll expire in about 2 hrs or so unless it's outbid.
and it won't happen again because, it won't be as funny a second time... now a full page ad in the NY times... THAT'D be funny...

I would like to thank the Banners artist. they know who they are... and have been thanked via facebook.

now to see what the retaliation is going to be.

The retaliation will be swift and merciless...

Ah, who am I kidding. It will be slow and probably much less impressive. I say again, "I tip my hat to you sir" and "I hate you". :smallamused:

Archonic Energy
2012-10-13, 07:24 AM
The retaliation will be swift and merciless...

Ah, who am I kidding. It will be slow and probably much less impressive. I say again, "I tip my hat to you sir" and "I hate you". :smallamused:

I've already told you, if i beleived that for one second I'd stop.

and as I said at the last meet I seriously considered sending a bullet with Hippie engraved (http://www.my-bullet.com/) on it to you. but it seemed much too threatening to actually do. *stab*

Elemental
2012-10-13, 07:26 AM
and as I said at the last meet I seriously considered sending a bullet with Hippie engraved (http://www.my-bullet.com/) on it to you. but it seemed much too threatening to actually do. *stab*

That... That's just creepy...

Trog
2012-10-13, 07:48 AM
*a troglodyte sticks his head in the thread*

Now that's what Trog calls "target marketing!"

*looks around shiftily, puffing on a Coffin Nail™. Leaves quickly before he's targeted by someone.*

Archonic Energy
2012-10-13, 07:49 AM
That... That's just creepy...

which is why i didn't.

I put alot of thought into things I do, there's a line between what's funny and what's not.
if I did this same thing when there wasn't a meet it wouldn't be as funny. it's the fact that I know there's a group of playgrounders together laughing over this that makes it so.

... and it's expired. now... how do you get a bobcat in a box? (http://xkcd.com/325/)

Elemental
2012-10-13, 07:55 AM
which is why i didn't.

I know. But my brain still involuntarily shuddered at the thought of it.
Why, I have no clue.

Serpentine
2012-10-13, 08:11 AM
I would like to thank the Banners artist. they know who they are... and have been thanked via facebook.You're welcome :biggrin:

Rawhide
2012-10-13, 08:35 AM

To say that it would have been much better if they hadn't used one of the smileys Rich created for the forums would be an understatement. If you're going to use it again, please get them to modify that bit.

super dark33
2012-10-13, 10:23 AM
My injoke meter is going nuts!

*Explosion*