PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a PnP Role-Playing Game. Or Else.

The Endbringer Xaraphim
2012-10-12, 07:00 PM
I'm always looking for interesting RPG's despite the fact that everyone I know will shoot down anything I suggest that isn't DEE UND DEE or OMG SO EDGY WoD.

I've come across Legends of Wulin, which was awesome. I'm reading the IKRPG, also awesome. I have Heavy Gears, also pretty rad. The Riddle of Steel rocked all kinds of ways. I guess I'm just wondering what else is out there. Any suggestions?

Oh, before you post: I'm a huge snob when it comes to games. Classes are wrong and if you play a game that uses classes you are clearly having fun wrong. Cease immediately. Levels are also badwrong, and if you play a game that uses classes then clearly you don't like chocolate (which, by extension, makes you a dirty commie). Hit points are also wrong. What, do you hate Christmas or something?

Anyways yeah. All jokes aside, what games do you like?

The Endbringer Xaraphim
2012-10-12, 07:04 PM
I just realized that I put this in the wrong board and that I am clearly a moron. Being a moron, I have no idea how to move this thread. Help would be appreciated and would result in a hug via the Internet.

nooblade
2012-10-12, 09:18 PM
I've wanted to play Pendragon for years now. Sounds like it doesn't exactly fit in your game grouping though.

CarpeGuitarrem
2012-10-12, 09:31 PM
If you like The Riddle of Steel, I'm guessing that you'll find Burning Wheel to be interesting. Get the Gold edition, it's the clearest, best-explained, and most bugfixed edition. (Instead of "edition = change", it's "edition = improvement".)

Wushu Open is a great game to really shake up your perspective on dice-rolling and success/failure, and whilst you're at it, look up John Wick's Houses of the Blooded or Blood & Honor (the latter is a samurai version of the former), which does craaaaaazy things with the RPG paradigm. HotB was envisioned as an "anti-D&D".

Don't Rest Your Head has a really cool abstract core engine and a wild setting. It's also eminently hackable. Anyhow, I figure that's a good start.

The Endbringer Xaraphim
2012-10-15, 10:47 PM
Well then, many thanks! Here, have an Internet hug, all of you.

Did you get it? Okay good.

Well then, I'll be a-Googling if anybody needs me.