PDA

View Full Version : Sunless Citadel (OOC)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jopustopin
2012-10-12, 07:49 PM
Name
Character
Type
Experience

RaggedAngel
Fix (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=324009)
Warforged Artificer 3
3115 xp

King Tius
Sojan d'Denieth (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=324434)
Human Dragonshaman 3
3115 xp

NPC
Sir Erky Timbers
Gnome Favored Soul 1/Marshal 1

FoxyManipulator|"Val" (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=562010)|Half-Giant Warblade 1|0 xp
Shunka Warakin|Ullovi of the Bloodstripe Tribe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=563586)|Halfling Druid 1|0 xp
Saskia|Leah Blackburn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=527594)|Grey Elf Paladin 1|0 xp
NPC|Sir Erky Timbers|Gnome Favored Soul 1/Marshal 1|2777 xp|
NPC|Don'Moar|White Dragon 3|11,522 xp|
NPC|Emlyn Loring d'Lyrandar|Half-Elf Bard 3|3115 xp|

Magic Items the Party Possesses:

Ioun Stone (Onxy Pebble)Identified

Ioun Stone (Onxy Pebble)
Price (Item Level): 400 gp (1st)
Body Slot: -
Caster Level: (3rd)
Aura: Faint Transmutation
Activation: -
Weight: -

This small onxy pebble floats slightly faster around your head when you try to activate a magic item.

This crystalline stone always floats in the air and must be within 3 feet of their owner to be of any use. When a character first acquires a stone, she must hold it and then release it, whereupon it takes up a circling orbit 1d3 feet from her head. This stone provides a +1 competence bonus to use magic device checks.
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Creator must have 6 ranks in Use Magic Device.
Cost to Create: 200 gp, 16 xp, 1 day.

Leader's HelmIdentified

Leader's Helm
Price (Item Level): 4000 (3rd)
Body Slot: Head
Caster Level: (3rd)
Aura: Faint Transmutation
Activation: -
Weight: .5 lbs

A beautiful mithral helm designed to provide it's wearer with the qualities necessary to lead.

While wearing the helm you gain a +1 enhancement bonus to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma.
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, fox's cunning, owl's wisdom, eagle's splendor, Craft (Armorsmithing) 1 rank
Cost to Create: 2000 gp, 160 xp, 4 days

Heavy Steel Shield

You come across a heavy steel shield that is still in excellent condition and is, at least masterwork. The artwork depicts a mighty bugbear swinging a morning star into the face of some creature with tentacles for a mouth. With how ancient everything else looks the shield looks to be in suspiciously good condition.

Sojan has fought with this shield for a while and it is clear that the shield is providing more defense than it should. While blocking high attacks the shield feels slightly lighter allowing you to raise it that much faster; low attacks and the shield feels dragged down as if heavier.

Vest/Belt

A vest attached to a belt which contains many different areas to hold weapons, potions, etc.

Fix with the belt and vest equipped you have noted slight improvements to your strength and speed.

Dreamcatcher

A dream-catcher winged in adamantine with a mithral net. Hanging from the sides of it are cured leather. It looks beautiful. Even if it were not magical it would fetch a high price among Sharn's nobility.

Fix suspected that the device was having some type of control of Oren's actions. Although this theory was not verified through Fix's first test.

According to Serra the goblin artificers were studying the dream-catcher. Serra had said, "The last of the official looking documents spoke of some device called the dreamcatcher, but the only things written said it was a boon in their efforts, they had no idea how it functioned, and could not make a second."

NPC List

Sir Erky Timbers

You first found him in a cage left to die by the goblins. Starving, pale, sweaty, sick, extremely dirty, and smelly are some of the adjectives that came to mind.

You're not entirely sure how he managed to survive for so long but Oren recognizes him as a famous war veteran of Thrane.

He claimed to have been captured three months ago and has survived without food or water being given to him. Visions of the flame brought him here and he sent word to Thrane of what he saw. Before help arrived he "went to scout" and "apparently didn't make a very good scout."

He claims to have seen Sir Braford about a month ago and doesn't seem to think the paladin or anyone with him is still alive given the nature of the evil he believes is down here. His mission is to prevent whatever evil is occurring here before it's too late.

Stat Block

male gnome marshal 1/favored soul 1
XX small humanoid (gnome)
Init -2; Senses Low-light vision; Listen +3, Spot +2
Languages Gnome, Common, Goblin
AC 16 (+1 Size, +5 Armor, +2 Shield, -2 Dex), touch 9, flat-footed 16 (+4 dodge bonus against giants)
HP 11/11 (2d8-4)
Fort +1, Ref +0, Will +4 (+2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions)

Speed 20 feet.
Melee masterwork heavy pick +1 (1d4-2/x4)
Combat Options: +1 to-hit kobolds and goblins
Base Atk +1; Grp -5

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st):
1/day: Speak with animals, Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation
Favored Soul Spells Known (CL 1st):
1st (4/4 day)- Delay Disease, Lesser Vigor, Bless
0th (5/5 day)- Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Light, Purify Food and Drink

Abilities Str 11 (7), Dex 12 (7), Con 14 (7), Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 17
Skills Listen +3, Craft (Alchemy) +3. Diplomacy +8, Bluff +5, Handle Animal +5, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) +3, Knowledge (History) +5, Knowledge (Religion) +2, Sense Motive +5, Spot +2, Concentration +5
Possessions Breastplate, Masterwork Heavy Pick, Heavy Steel Shield

Master of Tactics (Aura): Erky grants his allies a +3 bonus on damage rolls when any of them are flanking.
Protection Devotion: Once per day as an immediate action, Erky can activate a protective aura. While it is active, Erky gains a +2 sacred bonus to AC, as does every ally within 30 feet of him. This effect lasts for 1 minute.
Aura: Projecting an aura is a swift action. The aura remains in effect until the marshal uses a free action to dismiss it or activates another aura of the same kind (major or minor). A marshal can have an aura active continually; thus, an aura can be in effect at the start of a combat encounter even before the marshal takes his first turn.
Activating an aura involves haranguing, ordering, directing, encouraging, cajoling, or calming allies. A marshal sizes up the enemy, allies, and the terrain, then gives allies the direction that they can use to do their best. Unless otherwise noted, a marshalís aura affects all allies within 60 feet (including himself ) who can hear the marshal. An ally must have an Intelligence score of 3 or higher and be able to understand the marshalís language to gain the bonus. A marshalís aura is dismissed if he is dazed, unconscious, stunned, paralyzed, or otherwise unable to be heard or understood by his allies.
Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes may treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.

Meepo

The kobold tribe's "dragon trainer." Failed in his duties to his clan to protect their dragon from the goblins and treated very poorly by his brethren.

Forced to go and retrieve the dragon and bring it back alive by Yusadryl. He has proven himself to help in anyway he can and has even risked his life to help the party.

Stat Block

Build Progression:

Level 1
Class: Expert
Feat: Skill Focus (Diplomacy)
HP: 4-2con-1DRoP=1
Skill Points (28): Diplomacy 4, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Sense Motive 2, Bluff 2, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 4, Concentration 4, Survival 4, Profession (Miner) 1, Craft (Trapmaking) 2, Search 1
Class Features: Class Skills: (Diplomacy, Knowledge (Arcana), Sense Motive, Bluff, Profession (Miner), Craft (Trapmaking), Knowledge (Dungeoneering), Concentration, Search, Survival)

Level 2:
Class: FighterKobold Variant
HP:4-2-1+10-2 = 9
Skill Points (7): Speak Language (Common) 2, Diplomacy 2, Tumble 1, Concentration 1,
Listen 1
Class Features: Weapon, Armor, and Shield Aptitude, Basic Training

Stat Block:

male kobold expert 1/fighter 1
LE small humanoid (reptilian, dragonblood)
Init +1; Senses Darkvision 60 feet; Listen +0, Spot +0
Languages Draconic, Goblin
AC 17(+1 size, +1 natural, +1 Dex, +4 Armor), touch 12, flat-footed 16
HP -6/3 (1d10-2 plus 1d6-3)
Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +2
Weakness Light Sensitivity
Speed 20 ft.Medium Load, Base 30 ft.
Melee Longspear +0 (1d6-3/x2)Reach
Melee 2 Claws -1 (1d3-3/x2) and Bite -6 (1d3-3/x2)
Base Atk: +1; Grp -6
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st)

0/1 day-Benign Transposition
Abilities Str 5, Dex 12, Con 6, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 11
Special Qualities: Slight Build
Feat Skill Focus (Diplomacy), Dodge, Martial Weapon Proficiency (Light Pick, Heavy Pick)Bonus
Skills Diplomacy +7, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Sense Motive +3, Bluff +2, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +5, Concentration +2, Survival +5, Profession (Miner) +4, Craft (Trapmaking) +5, Search +5, Jump -4
Possessions Chain Shirt, Longspear, 2 days rations, waterskin, backpack
Draconic Rite of Passage: Meepo has sacrificed one hit point and has undergone the draconic rite of passage
Expert Class Skills: Diplomacy, Knowledge (Arcana), Sense Motive, Bluff, Profession (Miner), Craft (Trapmaking), Knowledge (Dungeoneering), Concentration, Search, Survival
Spear Focus (Ex): A 1st-level kobold fighter focuses his combat talents on spear fighting. He gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls with the following weapons: longspear, shortspear, and spear. At the DMís option, this bonus might also apply to other spearlike weapons.
This bonus does not stack with the bonus from Weapon Focus, but it is treated as the equivalent of Weapon Focus for qualifying for feats, prestige classes, and anything else that requires that feat. A kobold fighter who has this ability could take Weapon Specialization (spear) without selecting Weapon Focus (spear) as a separate feat.

Info for PbP:

General:

I'm gonna make some changes from the normal play by post rules.
For descriptions for what your character is doing use black.
When any character speaks out loud use green or bold green
For OOC comments in the IC forums use an OOC spoiler block or type it in orange.
For game crunch use red
Blue is for internal thoughts (if you wish for us to see what's going inside your noggin) or for communication via telepathy (like if you have a psicrystal).

If you're going to use an action point on a roll you may post twice in a row.

On Rolling:
If you want to roll the things you would roll in real life, feel free. I roll for the things that the DM usually rolls for. If you type "I attack the hobgoblin" and don't display a roll, I'll simply roll it in the next thread and describe the events.
I'll be rolling initiative.

More on Combat:

Here's how I'm hoping combat will look:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Jopustopin/battlemap.jpg

That's what it looks like in a game my friend runs. But he has way more free time than I do and the programs required to make maps like that. I will have maps, they might just look much worse.

More on "What I would like to see in combat rounds" (note: You can be as descriptive or type only the crunch. I reserve the right to describe more flavor if you do not). If there are crazy modifiers and you suspect it might not be clear where they are all coming from, to make them clear where they are coming from you should just type each one out like a 1st grade math problem for me (I'm pretty good at figuring them out, but I don't like too).

Flavor description -
Free: "Talira they are hurt by silver weapons!"
Move: I stand up from prone
Not-an-Action: I take a five foot step to K11
Swift: I enter Assassin's Stance
Standard: Attack Hobgoblin in K12; Spiked Chain+4 (+2 Str, +1 BAB, +2 Flanking, -1 power attack) Damage (+2d4, +3 str, +2 PA, +2 Dex)
To-Hit: 1d20+4 = 12
Damage: 2d4+7+2d6 = 17

You guys probably know more about the forums than I do. So if there is some HTML code I don't know about please when you see me making the mistake of using it let me know. Also anyone know why [hr] turns into <HR> if you edit it? It'll work, then become nonfunctioning. It's annoying.

On speeding up Combat:
If your turn is very soon but what you do is dependent on what someone else does you can send me a private message indicating what your character does if you want to. As soon as it's your turn I'll automatically describe what your character does to everyone as well as make any rolls necessary. This might be much faster as I might be logging in about once (or twice) a day to update things.

I expect the players to post at least once every two days. If it's your turn for longer than two days you are on auto-pilot until you return.

On what you can expect:
I kill people, not maliciously, but with a desire to make the game exciting and deadly. The game (especially Eberron) isn't designed for you to fight everything you come across. Sometimes a battle, if you choose to fight it, will kill you. Sometimes you'll die because the dice gods have frowned upon you. The only way I win the game is if I get a TPK, pretend that is my goal (although it's not) and play appropriately.

On Starting the game
I'll be ready to go soon. I'll let you know! Go ahead and post here to let me know that you are aware that you are playing. You can say things like "Hi!" or "You are an awesome Dungeon Master Jopustopin" or both. Also find an image you would like for me to use to represent you in combat.

Action Points:

Everyone has 5 action points. If you don't use them and you level up they are wasted. You can declare that you are spending an action point after you have already rolled the d20, but you must do so before the Dungeon Master reveals the result of your roll (I.E. before I declare it is a success or failure)*. You may only use 1 action point per round. You can use an action point in the following ways.

You can spend an action point to improve the result of an attack roll, a skill check, an ability check, a level check, or a saving throw.
You can spend 2 action points to gain another use of one of the following class features that has a limited number of uses per day: Bardic Music, Rage, Smite Evil, Stunning Fist, Turn or Rebuke Undead, or Wild Shape
To Hasten an Infusion.
To automatically stabilize

* Even if you already know that you have passed or failed by the RAW you can still use an action point up until I reveal whether you have passed or failed.

Note: Initiative is a dexterity check and a dexterity check is an ability check. Overcoming spell resistance is a level check. Pretty much whenever you roll a 20 sided die you can use an action point.

Rolling Hit Points

This is a house rule so here goes.

All creatures built with the elite array and all creatures that are PC's get max hit points at 1st level. (This is RAW; DMG pg. 110)

Anytime any creature rolls for hit points, if they wish, they can reroll. They must keep the second roll.

I re-roll monsters hit points when there is a 50% chance of rolling the same number or a higher number. For example I roll a 5 on a d8 for a goblin warrior. Since I have a 50% chance of rolling a 5 or higher I reroll.

Posting in Combat Out of Order

If you wish to take your turn out of order you may do so, but do not roll as it gives out too much metagaming knowledge.

If you feel like your very action gives out too much metagaming knowledge, send it to me in a private message.

This is subject to change as I experience the nature of running a game on a pbp. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11925824&postcount=285)

Gorgon_Heap
2012-10-12, 10:59 PM
Bookmarked, sir!

Now if only I can find that giant word file...

RaggedAngel
2012-10-13, 12:45 AM
I have to say, it is going to be weird as hell not seeing New Cyre (OOC) in my unread threads anymore. But I'm really looking forward to another fifty pages of awesomeness. :smallsmile:

For posterity:
Fix (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=324009)
'Female' Lawful Neutral Warforged Artificer, Level 2, Init +3, HP 12/16, Speed 30ft.
AC 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 15, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3, Base Attack Bonus +1, Action Points 4
Light Crossbow (20) +4 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
Slam +2 (1d4+1, x2)
Composite Plating, Buckler (+2 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 14

Gorgon_Heap
2012-10-13, 01:43 PM
Spent the morning on a nice nature hike and I just finished up updating the story to ... well just above this post.

Somebody want it? Put it in a link to that Google doc thing or whatever that handy thing was? It's up to 109 pages.

Goldfly
2012-10-13, 03:24 PM
I have to say, it is going to be weird as hell not seeing New Cyre (OOC) in my unread threads anymore. But I'm really looking forward to another fifty pages of awesomeness. :smallsmile:

Yeah, it'll definitely be strange for a while.

Jopustopin
2012-10-13, 04:34 PM
I'm thinking of renaming it every time I start a new thread with wherever the party is currently at.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-10-13, 04:56 PM
Heh. Well, since we were never did IC in New Cyre, shouldn't the first part have been called "The Old Road?"

:smallbiggrin:

Jopustopin
2012-10-13, 06:23 PM
Two can quibble (http://tinyurl.com/8dfu8ya).

Technically I named the thread prior to making the second post. The first post clearly has your character, even if it wasn't "you playing your character" in New Cyre.

Jopustopin
2012-10-15, 08:06 AM
Fix does not provoke an AoO because she has cover in relation to the dragon.

Emlyn's turn

RaggedAngel
2012-10-15, 10:29 AM
Fix does not provoke an AoO because she has cover in relation to the dragon.

Emlyn's turn

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay obscure rules to the rescue!

Jopustopin
2012-10-15, 10:45 AM
I downloaded the SRD into my brain.

RaggedAngel
2012-10-15, 11:18 AM
I downloaded the SRD into my brain.

I'm getting there, I'm getting there. A somewhat shameful fact that few people on the boards know about me: my first game of D&D ever was on this account, on these forums. I'm still a newbie by many metrics.

But I'd like to think that it isn't the age; it's the mileage. Nale said it best.

Jopustopin
2012-10-15, 01:06 PM
You have played the old fashion way right?

RaggedAngel
2012-10-15, 01:46 PM
You have played the old fashion way right?

Yes. I played a few (read: four-ish) sessions with a group of friends from my highschool. It was a mistake. They were fine to hang out with in school, but they acted far less maturely during our sessions, and I felt uncomfortable as the only girl there; I usually enjoy flirting, but there are limits to what is cute and what is creepy and unwanted. The sessions were extremely unfocused and disjointed, and we never continued a game past a single session due to their collective inability to focus on any one thing for a long period of time. It was very disappointed compared to my experiences on the boards, and it lost me a group of friends; I never really felt comfortable with any of them after the last session.

After that, in college, I managed to find a better group; still the only girl, but they didn't feel the need to point that out every minute, just every session or so. I ended up DMing a Red Hand of Doom game, and it's still the only time I've managed to DM a game without it dying. All my DM'd games online have died, always due to me being terrible at self-motivating. So I prefer DMing in real life, but I don't really have any good experience being a PC in real life to judge by. One of my dreams is to find a nice gaming group once I'm out of college and working, and then playing with that group for years and years. It's a rather romantic notion, in my mind (in the classical sense, of course).

King Tius
2012-10-15, 01:51 PM
If you end up in Philly you are welcome to join my weekly IRL game. I am fortunate that we strike a great balance of being committed to what is going on but can still have fun. If you try your hand at running a game here on the boards, count me in (so long as I know the system).

RaggedAngel
2012-10-15, 01:56 PM
If you end up in Philly you are welcome to join my weekly IRL game. I am fortunate that we strike a great balance of being committed to what is going on but can still have fun. If you try your hand at running a game here on the boards, count me in (so long as I know the system).

If I'm ever in Philadelphia, I'll make sure to remember. :smallsmile:

And I'm not sure if you want to be in a game that I'm running. It goes like this:

1. Overlong DM post.
2. Player posts.
3. A week.
4. Players prod DM.
5. Apology, "post will be up soon."
6. A few days.
7. Prod.
8. Post, which is very long to make up for wait.
9. Four days or so while the players digest the post.
10. The process continues with the times between posts lengthening until the game dies.

King Tius
2012-10-15, 03:06 PM
As you will see, my game occasionally will hit phases like that when I get busy. The secret is a solid group of roleplayers that can occupy themselves in the meantime.

Goldfly
2012-10-15, 05:21 PM
GAH! So close... :smallsigh:

Great Reverend
2012-10-15, 05:41 PM
I know! I wanted to go in while the AoO was used. Grumble.

Okay I forgot about Weaken. The dragon misses his AoO and was grappled by Emlyn.

Yay! New turn (again)!

Great Reverend
2012-10-15, 07:46 PM
White Dragon Opposes Serra
White Dragon's Turn:

Standard Action: Escape Grapple
I need opposed grapple checks from Serra and Emlyn

Opp. Grapple: [roll0]

Goldfly
2012-10-15, 08:09 PM
Grapple: [roll0]

King Tius
2012-10-19, 02:39 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize you were waiting on me for the grapple thing. I am still here!

Jopustopin
2012-10-19, 02:48 PM
What did you want to do on your turn?

King Tius
2012-10-19, 03:05 PM
Knocking out the dragon is well within Sojan's SOP as a slightly-jaded soldier, so I'm good with that. Plus, knowing my luck, there's no way I'd roll as well as you did.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-10-23, 09:13 AM
Well, the thing is under a dogpile and magically spooked. Don't suppose we can get some bonuses to Intimidate or Diplomancy for Serra? I'd love to help, of course, but the whole language barrier ...

Great Reverend
2012-10-23, 12:18 PM
Sojan had slammed his morningstar into the dragon's head.

Wow, a 13 hits? Go grappling.

Jopustopin
2012-10-23, 01:12 PM

Away from books. Immobile creatures have a dex of 0.

Great Reverend
2012-10-23, 02:16 PM
Gotcha. This is what I read.

If You're Pinned by an Opponent: (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#ifYourePinninganOpponent)
When an opponent has pinned you, you are held immobile (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#pinned) (but not helpless (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#helpless)) for 1 round. While youíre pinned, you take a -4 penalty to your AC against opponents other than the one pinning you. ...

Helpless: (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#helpless)
... A helpless target is treated as having a Dexterity of 0 (-5 modifier). ...

Pinned: (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#pinned)
Held immobile (but not helpless) in a grapple.

It would seem there's an argument that Dex is not 0 for the use of immobile in the pinning definition; whereas, the penalty for being pinned is -4 to your AC vs opponents not pinning you.

I only did a quick search on d20SRD for "immobile" and "grapple". I didn't check WotC forums or errata on immobility or pinning or dex modifiers in grappling.

Sorry for such a simple, curt post. I'm supposed to be writing an essay. Well, back to it!

Jopustopin
2012-10-23, 07:11 PM
Jason I was posting from work and didn't feel like explaining all of that to you from my cell phone.

Dexterity of 0 (helpless) means that the dragon has a -5 penalty to ac.

Grappling + pinned for Don'Moar = -5 penalty to ac.

Not sure, if you knew the rules, why you were surprised that a 13 hit. Not sure why you are citing the rules to me when my ruling was correct. If you are citing the rules to me merely to be proactive, so that I don't mistakenly rule that pinned opponents are helpless in the future, than I thank you but assure you it was unnecessary.

Great Reverend
2012-10-23, 07:17 PM
I get that you were at work, but I don't get using helpless/dex of 0. That's why I cited the rules I thought pertinent. Why is the Dex considered 0? I still don't see where that comes from.

I'm writing an argument essay, so out of the new habit I cited the rules to back up my reasoning, is all.

*edit*
From another point, I was thinking it has natural AC from scales (+ 1 or 2?), size (+1 ?), some dex mod (it's a dragon, what a dex of 14-16 should be easy enough, so +2 or 3 -- but then Dex to AC is only to members of the grapple), then the blanket 10. But I guess even that's not enough to save 'im. I'm not used to 13's hitting anything, ever. Whoops.

Jopustopin
2012-10-23, 07:55 PM
Is anyone going to use their action for combat? Conversation is easier out of combat. But if someone wants to use their combat action for something please let me know.

Note: Generally you cannot have a readied action if you're not in combat. I say generally because you could, have a readied action, but any action you take ends the readied action (such as using a free action to speak).

Emlyn could ready an action to pin the dragon while Serra talks to it for example.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-10-24, 05:26 PM
Nothing really to do here, no ...

RaggedAngel
2012-10-24, 10:22 PM
Nothing really to do here, no ...

Thusfar, Fix has utterly failed to injure or affect the damned thing in any way, so she'll promptly stop if she doesn't have good cause to hurt him. She's still pretty enraptured by the dragon, even if it seems to be a bit stupid.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-10-24, 11:35 PM
Well, Oren's perspective is that we were supposed to bring the thing back but it's an intelligent creature that doesn't seem to want to go. She has issue with that and doesn't want to hurt it.

I feel I can't do anything more now that my little spell actually worked. All I can do is add violence, which isn't in our best interest.

Thus, my combat actions are done.

Great Reverend
2012-10-24, 11:55 PM
Serra just doesn't want it blowing ice on every one. If it struggles more she'll keep up the grappling farce, but she would rather play translator and see if it can help us.

I wonder what Meepo's HP is at? Maybe we shouldn't wake him or we'll start the whole mess up again. :smallannoyed:

Gorgon_Heap
2012-10-25, 12:41 PM
Ah, jeez. Yeah - Meepo, blast him.

I'm the healer but again you speak the lingo. We need you to talk to them both seperately. Is Sojan aura-ing Meepo back onto his feet or shall I go take care of him the old-fashioned way?

King Tius
2012-10-26, 02:17 PM
I'll get him!

RaggedAngel
2012-10-29, 08:51 PM
By the way, I absolutely cannot wait until we level up. I've had a surprise planned and waiting for you guys for over a year now. It's kind of killing me in suspense.

Also, Jop', when we started this game you said that we were just running the module, and that you'd see if you wanted to take it further than that. Is it safe to assume that we'll get more than just the module? I'd become extremely attached to both my character and the others.

Jopustopin
2012-10-31, 06:52 PM
By the way, I absolutely cannot wait until we level up. I've had a surprise planned and waiting for you guys for over a year now. It's kind of killing me in suspense.

Also, Jop', when we started this game you said that we were just running the module, and that you'd see if you wanted to take it further than that. Is it safe to assume that we'll get more than just the module? I'd become extremely attached to both my character and the others.

I've been really sick, sleeping 9-10 hours a day, and working the remaining 14. Friday I'm flying into New York (state) because I have a hurricane fetish. I should be able to post this weekend as we're going camping and you know, I have ways of accessing the internet without the stresses of my normal work/sleep/fastfood routine.

I have idea's that would carry this beyond the first manual that I've developed from you guys. I hope your level up isn't a surprise for me.

King Tius
2012-11-01, 08:22 AM
Howdy folks. The power is finally back on so I should be getting back up to speed in the next few days.

RaggedAngel
2012-11-01, 08:38 AM
Howdy folks. The power is finally back on so I should be getting back up to speed in the next few days.

Hurray! You've been dearly missed, and I will admit I was worried about you. Hurricanes are nothing to take lightly.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-11-01, 06:14 PM
Just posted in Tius' game. I'm alive but am at a borrowed terminal. Still no power at home or work.

RaggedAngel
2012-11-01, 07:16 PM
Just posted in Tius' game. I'm alive but am at a borrowed terminal. Still no power at home or work.

*internet hugs*

I hope everything comes back on and gets back to normalcy soon.

Great Reverend
2012-11-04, 01:42 PM
Sorry for also being absent. I'll still be incognito for a few more days until I finish my reports and group projects that I've been working on.

I'll post and catch up Wednesday-ish.

Great Reverend
2012-11-08, 12:21 AM
Damn, Chrome just saved my ass from a murdering spree!
GitP crapped out, like it always does, when I posted, but I didn't notice! So, I merrily close the browser when flash crashes. Well, wasn't I surprised when I read Ragged's post...and don't see mine. GRRR!

But here's where Chrome steps in to save the day! Recently closed tabs. It storred my data in the reply box after the tab was closed, plugin's crashed, and the browser was exited and reopened. Super awesome! Huh... also kinda scary...

Gorgon_Heap
2012-11-08, 10:10 AM
It did better than that, bub. It let you double-post!

Hey, Jop, what with the trouble brewing here and Oren's all around reticence, do you suppose I could use Serra'a abbreviated translations, some Sense Motive and a dab of common sense to turn and drag Meepo out of the hall before excretum hits the occillator again?

Neither of us (me and Oren) want this to reignite.

RaggedAngel
2012-11-08, 10:36 AM
I'm very tempted to have Fix use her scroll of Invisibility on Meepo, then tell him to go back to the forge room to hide. I just don't know if he'd go along with that or not.

Great Reverend
2012-11-08, 01:26 PM
It did better than that, bub. It let you double-post!

Doh! I tried to delete that one, too. GitP just hates me right now. I think I need to buy some flowers and apologize for whatever it thinks I did wrong :smallwink:

Goldfly
2012-11-08, 05:45 PM
Always a good idea. :smallwink:

Great Reverend
2012-11-10, 12:45 AM
Turn Order:
Emlyn
Sojan: [roll0]
Fix: [roll1]
Serra: 6
Oren: [roll2]
Meepo: [roll3]
White Dragon: [roll4]
Sir Erky: [roll5]

Kinda didn't add my Dex to the roll, so +2 = 8. There, now none of them are tied.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-11-10, 12:05 PM
We're ... restarting combat.

Ok. Well, I'm only going to do exactly what I said: Grab Meepo and walk through that door at L.

Jopustopin
2012-11-13, 08:48 PM
This seemed important to save:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12466697&postcount=595

King Tius
2012-11-13, 09:02 PM
That post is sadistic and yet highly entertaining. I love it. I will say this: Jop is not the meanest or the craziest DM I have ever played with but this may be the first game where I've actually felt that the characters are "put through their paces." Either we're incredibly lucky or Jop has a mastery of the CR system that I did not think was possible. In my IRL group I recently stepped down as DM to let others in the group have a go at it and so I could be a player for once. For the past two sessions, despite lots of combat, our semi-optimized group has not taken ANY DAMAGE. I immensely enjoy that we are constantly on the verge of losing it in this game. It inspires me to push the boundaries in my Giants game (sit tight, you three). I really like Sojan's personality and his relationship with the group but I am constantly worried that he is sub-optimized and is going to eat it soon. Here I am, drunk again and posting from the train. What a week....

RaggedAngel
2012-11-14, 12:39 PM
This seemed important to save:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12466697&postcount=595

Jop, you're crazy.

You're also more or less the best DM I've ever had. I just can't wait to see how things are going to go once Fix gets out of the "constantly broke" stage of being an Artificer and moves into the "economy? I am the economy" stage. :smallamused:

Jopustopin
2012-11-14, 10:10 PM
You guys need to consider my ego before showering me with flattery.

RaggedAngel
2012-11-15, 01:19 AM
You guys need to consider my ego before showering me with flattery.

You're such a terrible DM, Jopustopin. Maybe if you gave us more loot you'd be cool, but as is I can't stand you.

You know I'll love you always. Mostly because I like our secret conversations.

Jopustopin
2012-11-15, 08:28 PM
Dear Ragged,

Naive construct! Have thou learned nothing? You think I don't know how to deal with your ilk. Your fate has been sealed.

Signed,
Dungeon Master

When will you update dungeon master?

Mon + Tue + Wed + Thur = 54.87 hours

Estimates for Friday = 13.4
Estimates for Saturday = 13.4
Estimates for Sunday = 9.0 < --- Will try to update

Estimated hours for week = 90.67

RaggedAngel
2012-11-16, 12:18 AM
Dear Ragged,

Naive construct! Have thou learned nothing? You think I don't know how to deal with your ilk. Your fate has been sealed.

Signed,
Dungeon Master
Just you wait until I get a Wand of Wings of Cover. Just you wait.

When will you update dungeon master?

Mon + Tue + Wed + Thur = 54.87 hours

Estimates for Friday = 13.4
Estimates for Saturday = 13.4
Estimates for Sunday = 9.0 < --- Will try to update

Estimated hours for week = 90.67
Holy crap. I'm going to stop complaining about all the work I have to do.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-11-19, 02:48 PM
Hey, so ... why are we counting rounds and initiative if everybody is just standing around talking?

RaggedAngel
2012-11-19, 02:50 PM
Hey, so ... why are we counting rounds and initiative if everybody is just standing around talking?

Because people still want to kill each other, I believe.

Great Reverend
2012-11-19, 06:25 PM
Because people still want to kill each other, I believe.

Why, what ever would you be talking about!?

Serra laughs manically, "Muha-Muhahahahahhahahahah!"

Jopustopin
2012-11-19, 07:04 PM

When Meepo woke up you all fell back into initiative because it became clear that the white dragon was going to attack Meepo.

While Emlyn began trying to re-grapple Meepo, Fix picked Meepo up and ran down the hall.

The tension was very high at this point. Everyone began speaking almost at once when it became clear that the white dragon wanted Meepo dead. The white dragon only paused long enough to growl something out to Serra in draconic.

Once Fix carried Meepo down the end of the hallway and opened the door, he literally started panicking and did whatever he could to get away from Fix. Remember Meepo has been conscious for only six seconds and probably doesn't know exactly what's going on.

It's Emlyn's turn to act.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-11-19, 08:01 PM
Ok - so Meepo might freak and the dragon might decide to stop talking and use a breath weapon instead. It read to me like everyone (meaning the kobold and dragon) got upset and then calmed down or left the immediate area.

Sometimes playing good guys really limits your options. :belkar:

Great Reverend
2012-11-19, 11:21 PM
The dragon calmed down because he realized Meepo was "dead" and we weren't letting it move.

Once Meepo woke back up it stopped negotiating with Serra and moved to attack again.

Jopustopin
2012-11-26, 08:07 PM
Hang in there I'll update soon! Like... uh... before December.

RaggedAngel
2012-11-26, 08:26 PM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

King Tius
2012-11-26, 08:32 PM
getting caught up on the boards is always such a process for me. I usually end up putting it off for at least an extra day because of the shame I feel about it.

RaggedAngel
2012-11-26, 09:19 PM
getting caught up on the boards is always such a process for me. I usually end up putting it off for at least an extra day because of the shame I feel about it.

Replace "an extra day" with "several months" and you'll realize why I can never let myself get behind on anything. I have a high post rate for a reason; if I let myself slack off, the guilt will drive me away forever. :smallfrown:

Goldfly
2012-11-27, 01:19 PM

This made me curious- does anyone else have snow yet? Because we've had it for about a week up here, now.

King Tius
2012-11-27, 01:25 PM
It is currently snowing in Philly for the first time this year.

Great Reverend
2012-11-27, 01:52 PM
I got one nice day of it a few weeks back here in Mass. Several inches in one night that stayed for a few days but nothing since. It did start snowing after Thanksgiving in Vermont, but none of it really stuck to the ground by the time I left.

RaggedAngel
2012-11-27, 09:58 PM
It was 65 outside today, which is pretty chilly.

I live in Raleigh, and I love cold weather, and I hate you all.

Jopustopin
2012-12-07, 12:48 PM
Oren did you want to do something in combat?

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-07, 02:04 PM
I'm still under the impression that people standing around talking doesn't qualify as combat. Fix and Meepo are standing about and Emlyn is holding an unmoving dragon. Doesn't sound like combat to me. So no. Oren does nothing until somebody decides there's something to do besides standing in a hallway.

Jopustopin
2012-12-07, 04:03 PM
I'm still under the impression that people standing around talking doesn't qualify as combat. Fix and Meepo are standing about and Emlyn is holding an unmoving dragon. Doesn't sound like combat to me. So no. Oren does nothing until somebody decides there's something to do besides standing in a hallway.

I guess I'll try harder to convey what is happening with my posts. The situation is definitely tense, the dragon just had his head smashed roughly into the floor, and the situation very much does demand initiative to determine what happens.

Delaying is perfectly acceptable and I apologize for my failure to correctly communicate what is happening to you. I work a lot and the quality of my posts have suffered dramatically. As a perfectionist a lot of times I don't post because I don't have the energy to do them justice. I fear that this situation is not nearly as dramatic for you as I'm imagining it.

Had the white dragon not been grappled and you had chosen to do nothing, the white dragon would probably have downed Meepo. It's fortunate that Emlyn beat the dragon in initiative. The dragon is moving and trying to get free.

Your impression of the situation is wrong and it's my fault. Please forgive me.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-07, 07:41 PM
It's fortunate that Emlyn beat the dragon in initiative. The dragon is moving and trying to get free.

Ok ... I'm sorry. The sitch just wasn't coming across as at all dire.

Oren has zero skills, spells, class abilities, knowledge of dragons or languages of any use at the moment. Staying out of it is really the only option aside from hitting something with a sword. Which would be bad. I'm really beholden to others to resolve this in anything like an amicable way.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-07, 08:04 PM
Fix is, unfortunately, in the same boat. She just wants Meepo to scram.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-08, 03:13 AM
Yeah, character-wise I think the problem is we're at a loss of how to communicate. We know our desired outcome, but we're kinda hinging on Serra telling us what the heck is going on to make any actions.

Jopustopin
2012-12-08, 09:40 AM
Dragon wants kill Meepo now.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-08, 12:29 PM
Dragon wants kill Meepo now.

RaggedAngel: Cool, let it, then we'll go save the day.

Fix: Not on my watch it won't.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-08, 02:02 PM
Hum. Angel kinda said what I was going to say.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-08, 03:29 PM
Hum. Angel kinda said what I was going to say.

I'm useful like that.

Jopustopin
2012-12-09, 02:51 PM
What does everyone want for Christmas?

RaggedAngel
2012-12-09, 04:58 PM
What does everyone want for Christmas?

Level 3. :smallwink:

For reals, though, I'm getting Assassin's Creed III, a new mouse, and new headphones. What about you?

King Tius
2012-12-10, 09:06 AM
I've recently taken up target shooting as a new hobby, so I suspect I'll be getting all kinds of paraphernalia for that.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-10, 12:25 PM
I've recently taken up target shooting as a new hobby, so I suspect I'll be getting all kinds of paraphernalia for that.

Have I mentioned that I love you guys? Because I love you guys.

I would love to see pictures of your baby, by the way. (And by baby, I mean deadly weapon.)

Great Reverend
2012-12-11, 10:52 PM
Oh, man. To quote Sir Erky, this is getting ridiculous! Haha! Now I have to translate what the upset little Meepo said. Someone cast tongues! :smallwink:

In other news, when I go home for winter break, I'll be sure to take some photos of my babies, too. But, winter break isn't until the 20th, so not much posting will be seen from me until then.

King Tius
2012-12-11, 11:09 PM
THE COLLECTION (http://imgur.com/Y7jqb&wiDCq#0)
From top to bottom:
My friend's suped-up Ruger 10/22 (~$1000 of upgrades)
My Ruger 10/22 (stock other than upgraded sights)
My Marlin bolt action 22 rifle (wedding present from my grandpa)
My brother's Henry 22 lever action (makes you feel like a cowboy)
My brother's break-action 16 gauge shotgun (we shoot trap)

BONUS PIC: (http://imgur.com/Y7jqb&wiDCq#1) Me shooting my friend's Mosin Nagant

RaggedAngel
2012-12-11, 11:21 PM
THE COLLECTION (http://imgur.com/Y7jqb&wiDCq#0)
From top to bottom:
My friend's suped-up Ruger 10/22 (~$1000 of upgrades)
My Ruger 10/22 (stock other than upgraded sights)
My Marlin bolt action 22 rifle (wedding present from my grandpa)
My brother's Henry 22 lever action (makes you feel like a cowboy)
My brother's break-action 16 gauge shotgun (we shoot trap)

BONUS PIC: (http://imgur.com/Y7jqb&wiDCq#1) Me shooting my friend's Mosin Nagant

I am astoundingly jealous. Your grandfater has great taste, by the way. That Marlin is beautiful.

I'm going to go feel bad about my lack of armaments now.

Jopustopin
2012-12-14, 07:56 PM
Setting the record this week with over 90 hours. Man I rock!

I don't own a gun, but I kinda want to move to New Hampshire so I can walk around with one on my hip.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-14, 09:33 PM
Setting the record this week with over 90 hours. Man I rock!

I don't own a gun, but I kinda want to move to New Hampshire so I can walk around with one on my hip.

So productive and bad at sleeping!

Great Reverend
2012-12-15, 05:04 AM
90+ hrs!?! Jesus Asterisk Christ, man! How can you think?

King Tius
2012-12-15, 09:14 AM
There are actually quite a few states that'll let you do that (not just NH). Pennsylvania, for instance, will let you open carry a gun without a permit.

What happened in CT yesterday is such an unbelievable tragedy. It causes me all kinds of conflicting emotions as a firearms owner. I enjoy the sport and view them like I would a hammer or a knife, but they are used for terrible things sometimes. To put it in perspective, a man in china stabbed 22 children THE SAME DAY as the CT shooting happened.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-15, 09:32 AM
There are actually quite a few states that'll let you do that (not just NH). Pennsylvania, for instance, will let you open carry a gun without a permit.

What happened in CT yesterday is such an unbelievable tragedy. It causes me all kinds of conflicting emotions as a firearms owner. I enjoy the sport and view them like I would a hammer or a knife, but they are used for terrible things sometimes. To put it in perspective, a man in china stabbed 22 children THE SAME DAY as the CT shooting happened.

I haven't been this upset at another person in a very long time. I don't believe in good or evil in the real world; life isn't that clean or simple. But that man was about as close to pure evil as you can be.

Jopustopin
2012-12-16, 07:33 PM
I'm glad I've been working so much. I don't like thinking about tragedies. I also don't like how some people use tragedies to justify their political/religious/whatever position.

On another note the final results are in for the week: 91.25 hours

And it's next week already.... I'll post you guys. Just let me rest my weary soul.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-16, 08:16 PM
I admit I'd probably die if I worked that much, but I'm envious you can keep so busy.

I work in the news so I have to think and write about this. Friday afternoon when the updates were rolling all over the Interweb I was getting so upset I felt physically ill.

Those poor people.

Jopustopin
2012-12-16, 08:33 PM
Also we'll leave initiative if Emlyn stops grappling the white dragon. Otherwise I'll need everyone's actions. The white dragon will continue to try to escape being beaten to unconsciousness.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-16, 09:01 PM
I admit I'd probably die if I worked that much, but I'm envious you can keep so busy.

I work in the news so I have to think and write about this. Friday afternoon when the updates were rolling all over the Interweb I was getting so upset I felt physically ill.

Those poor people.

*hug*

I wish I could give you a real hug.

Goldfly
2012-12-17, 01:10 PM

Those poor people.

It really is horrible. It infuriates me to think that there are people out there who'd do stuff like this- I really wish everyone could just get along, with no fighting, and no death.

Also we'll leave initiative if Emlyn stops grappling the white dragon. Otherwise I'll need everyone's actions. The white dragon will continue to try to escape being beaten to unconsciousness.

Emlyn will let go of the dragon on his next turn.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-17, 02:03 PM
Emlyn will let go of the dragon on his next turn.

Hum. Let's hope it decides to listen to me (and Serra) talk when I approach and not, say, tear my throat out or flash-freeze my eyeballs.

Great Reverend
2012-12-17, 10:51 PM
When we're out of Init Serra will translate.

I still have finals, so I'll be slow at posting.

King Tius
2012-12-18, 08:14 AM
I'm just not sure what to do here (or more precisely, what Sojan would do) other than stand there and watch things unfold.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-18, 09:05 AM
And Fix, as always, is working her ass off trying to save all you fleshy people.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-18, 09:09 AM
I'm just not sure what to do here (or more precisely, what Sojan would do) other than stand there and watch things unfold.

Yup. Kinda just got tired of that myself. We'll see if I do any good, because after that ... we're just going to be standing around staring at each other while a couple NPCs go at it.

Goldfly
2012-12-18, 05:41 PM
And Fix, as always, is working her ass off trying to save all you fleshy people.

As always.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-18, 05:51 PM
Yup. Kinda just got tired of that myself. We'll see if I do any good, because after that ... we're just going to be standing around staring at each other while a couple NPCs go at it.

And not "go at it" in the sexy way, either.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-18, 10:27 PM
I hadn't thought of it that way, but no.

No NPCs anytime soon, at any rate. PCs, though ...

Heh.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-18, 11:20 PM
I hadn't thought of it that way, but no.

No NPCs anytime soon, at any rate. PCs, though ...

Heh.

Shhh, leave that in the other game. :smallwink:

Though now that I think about it, Sojan's surrounded by ladies. And Fix happens to have quite the crush on him, though she still isn't quite sure what that is.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-18, 11:36 PM
Kinda what I meant, and kinda the weirdness

In this game in particular I've long been interested to see some developmental and emotional growth in a warforged ...

RaggedAngel
2012-12-18, 11:40 PM
Kinda what I meant, and kinda the weirdness

In this game in particular I've long been interested to see some developmental and emotional growth in a warforged ...

I'm looking forward to emotionally developing her, to be honest. Stuff is going to happen fairly soon that will be a Big Deal, and it's going to be awesome, and I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the plot that you guys don't. I'm just talking about Fix.

King Tius
2012-12-19, 10:23 AM
I need to breathe more life into Sojan but I'm trying to stick to Jop's notion that we can't all deliver soliloquies in combat.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-19, 01:44 PM
I need to breathe more life into Sojan but I'm trying to stick to Jop's notion that we can't all deliver soliloquies in combat.

I will admit, I looked back over our old fights and Fix delivers like three minutes of dialogue in one round. It's kinda silly.

King Tius
2012-12-19, 02:35 PM
Silly, but at the same time I love PbP because it lets people RP uninhibited. My IRL game tends to get pretty mercenary and hack n' slash because the guys I play with don't like to roleplay. As training exercises we've played some Call of Cthulu and Mouseguard which are all heavy on the RP and light on the combat. It has really infused our DnD games with more character.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-19, 03:28 PM
My IRL game tends to get pretty mercenary and hack n' slash because the guys I play with don't like to roleplay.

Huh. I guess you won't find it surprising that my RL games are just the opposite. I speed through combat and ignore rules if it slows things down to focus on the drama fo the situation. We've gone whole nightlong sessions that were just PCs sitting around talking and going about chores.

Say, out of curiosity, how would I go about putting links in my sig that are a character's name and not just the url?

Jopustopin
2012-12-19, 07:14 PM
If you guys want to say things that take longer than a round you are allowed to. Just role play that your character is still speaking from the last round, or have people not respond to you right away. It doesn't have to be short, 80's movie one liners during combat.

Going from one extreme to the other is just as lame.

Next week I only work 24 hours! How about some updates?

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-19, 07:30 PM
Next week I only work 24 hours!

I hate to say this, but considering your recent schedule, that doesn't mean each day does it?

:smallamused:

Anywho, yeah, I'm just going to wait until everthing else catches up with my/Serra's talk with the dragon (assuming she agrees to translate?).

RaggedAngel
2012-12-19, 07:52 PM
Say, out of curiosity, how would I go about putting links in my sig that are a character's name and not just the url?

There are little buttons at the top of the text interface that help you do things like that. In this case, click the button that looks like a little world with a piece of chain in front of it. It should give you a prompt that says "Please enter the URL of your link". Put the URL there, then hit "OK". Then, you should see something that looks like this:

http://madeupwebsite.com[/URL"]"

Except that the stuff I colored blue will be highlighted, and the code will be closed off by removing the quotes around the "]" at the end. Put the name of your character where the highlighted stuff is, and it'll look like this:

[URL="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=324009"]Fix, Warforged Artificer[/URL"]"

When you close that code, it looks like this:

[URL="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=324009"]Fix, Warforged Artificer (http://madeupwebsite.com)

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-19, 08:14 PM
Thanks. Looks like it won't let me link to just an image though. Ah, well. I'll figure something out later, maybe.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-19, 08:33 PM
Thanks. Looks like it won't let me link to just an image though. Ah, well. I'll figure something out later, maybe.

Ah, an image link. Hm.

Try using Imgur? (http://imgur.com/3PQql)

Jopustopin
2012-12-19, 08:45 PM
Nope! Two, 12 hour days.

Fun fact: The first 40 hours of my paycheck all went to taxes.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-19, 08:59 PM
Nope! Two, 12 hour days.

Fun fact: The first 40 hours of my paycheck all went to taxes.

I wish I could hug you and make it better. *hug*

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-19, 09:07 PM
Links: Or it could be that I'm a moron and can't do it correctly at all.

Jop - Sorry to hear that. Some collections agancy recently started siphoning from my paychecks to correct some borough's miscalculation 15 years ago. I don't know what going on there.

Jopustopin
2012-12-19, 09:24 PM
I think that a regular tax rate of around 2/3 will always yield this result.

40*8.00 = 320
51.25*1.5*8= 615

Gross= 935
Net= 623

At 8 dollars an hour and a tax of .67 and working 91.25 hours, the first 39 hours goes to taxes.

RaggedAngel
2012-12-20, 02:20 PM
I think that a regular tax rate of around 2/3 will always yield this result.

40*8.00 = 320
51.25*1.5*8= 615

Gross= 935
Net= 623

At 8 dollars an hour and a tax of .67 and working 91.25 hours, the first 39 hours goes to taxes.

You're in China right now, correct? Or have I mentally misplaced you?

Jopustopin
2012-12-20, 07:49 PM
Rockford Il

Gorgon_Heap
2012-12-20, 09:17 PM
Close enough. Hehehe.

Got those links working, Angel. Turns out there were too many https. Thanks.

Goldfly
2012-12-25, 11:06 AM
Going to wish everyone a very happy holidays, and furthermore state that I won't be able to post until probably the 27th.

King Tius
2012-12-25, 01:24 PM
Merry Christmas Everbody!

RaggedAngel
2012-12-25, 03:12 PM
Merry Christmas Everbody!

The same to you, handsome. :smallsmile:

Jopustopin
2013-01-01, 07:33 PM
Happy New Years you guys. My resolution is to work as little as possible. Here's to another year!

Great Reverend
2013-01-01, 08:00 PM
Happy belated holiday wishes! And, happy 2013!
I'm still visiting the folks in California until the 12th. So I'll have time for posting, yay!
Actually, I'm writing this from my new phone. I wonder if that'll be a new trend...

Gorgon_Heap
2013-01-02, 10:21 AM
Hey look, the game progresses.

I'd avoided looking at my Diplomancy roll until just now - lower than I hoped but seems to have been good enough. So now that the dragon is receptive, does somebody please want to figure out what to do next?

Sojan?

RaggedAngel
2013-01-02, 12:15 PM
I vote we go along the lines of "hey, dragon, want to go kill the **** out of some goblins?"

King Tius
2013-01-02, 01:24 PM
^. I'll post something to that effect.

Jopustopin
2013-01-07, 11:21 PM
Happy belated holiday wishes! And, happy 2013!
I'm still visiting the folks in California until the 12th. So I'll have time for posting, yay!
Actually, I'm writing this from my new phone. I wonder if that'll be a new trend...

I'll update once Great Reverend post. Or two days elapse and he goes on autopilot.

Jopustopin
2013-01-11, 03:10 PM
Serra is on autopilot.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-01-11, 03:54 PM
From IC -
"His breath weapon will come in handy if we have to fight an army in a small corridor. We'll just have to protect him; he's weak in a close fight."

Oh man ... the visual of using the dragon like an ice-spraying bagpipe is gonna have me giggling all night.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-01-14, 11:14 AM
Can we start walking or something? We don't seem to be waiting for anything - we can walk and talk.

DM?

RaggedAngel
2013-01-14, 02:02 PM
Can we start walking or something? We don't seem to be waiting for anything - we can walk and talk.

DM?

If you reread the latest couple posts, I think you'll see that the resolution of our current inter-NPC conflict has not occurred. We've talked the dragon down, but Meepo wants to take the dragon with him. That isn't happening. The question is, what do we do about it?

Gorgon_Heap
2013-01-14, 02:59 PM
Kill him. I'm tired of waiting.

And I mean, with Jop playing Serra, he's essentially having the conversation without us. We can't talk to Meepo. We're getting awfully useless here.

Jopustopin
2013-01-14, 06:28 PM
Kill him. I'm tired of waiting.

And I mean, with Jop playing Serra, he's essentially having the conversation without us. We can't talk to Meepo. We're getting awfully useless here.

Seems like completely OOC justifications for an IC action. Distant thunder is heard by all. Serra hasn't said anything to Meepo. I had a short conversation with the person playing Serra and I posted what his concerns were over IM. No need to get dramatic.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-01-14, 08:35 PM
Seems like completely OOC justifications for an IC action.

Oh, totally. Oren would never forgive me.

RaggedAngel
2013-01-14, 11:59 PM
Oh, totally. Oren would never forgive me.

I was worried about you for a minute there.

But I'm going to agree; while everything good I've ever said about your DMing holds absolutely true, Jop, in this situation you've made two interesting NPC's with real motivations and personalities, and unfortunately, they oppose each other. That speaks volumes for your ability to roleplay on multiple sides of a conflict, and to do so for creatures that are rather inhuman; but it unfortunately has removed most of us PC's from the action. This is compounded by the fact that the two NPC's both only speak Draconic, which only one of the PC's speaks; and that PC is currently being NPC'd.

So, yeah. I think this is really cool, and impressive, but I don't feel terribly involved.

King Tius
2013-01-15, 08:41 AM
And as tempted as I am to just have Sojan say "F it, let's go" he'd want to wait for things to be resolved before we move on.

RaggedAngel
2013-01-15, 09:19 AM
And as tempted as I am to just have Sojan say "F it, let's go" he'd want to wait for things to be resolved before we move on.

Fix definitely cares about finding a compromise and a reasonable resolution to the conflict; it's just that there isn't really all that much she can do about it but get between them if they try to fight again.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-01-15, 09:55 AM
Agreed, Angel.

Jopustopin
2013-01-15, 09:18 PM
I'm waiting on Fix, Serra, or Sojan to decide what they are going to tell Meepo.

I think the big problem is that you are all focused on your characters goals and desires. You're waiting for this little dispute to resolve between the dragon and Meepo so that you can get on with the mission. It's not going to resolve and that's the point.

Meepo has risked life and limb to get his dragon back, true, but you all are beginning to sense that that is all Meepo was willing to risk his life and limb for. He was sent with you to get the clan's dragon back. But the clan did not give you a "good aligned" vibe and the mission they sent you on was to re-kidnap a sentient dragon infant. Not entirely a lawful good mission depending on what your view is on dragons. Meepo is acting like you all have betrayed him after treating him so nicely. He believes (rightly or wrongly) that you all were helping him and his clan get his dragon back. He doesn't care about your mission or what you're doing here. He is the clan's dragon trainer and he currently doesn't have a dragon. Meepo cares about one thing in the world right now.

The dragon, after you beat him into submission, indicated he would help you kill goblins, but what's in it for him? What are his motivations? You don't know much about dragons but he at least has said exactly what he wants. He wants to get revenge on the queen and Meepo and the goblins for all the ways they have inflicted pain upon him since his birth (which couldn't have been very long ago). The dragon wasn't born into a very pretty world and probably hasn't experienced anyone being nice to him.

I tried to craft this scenario to force you guys to make a choice that might reveal all sorts of things to me (alignment, personal goals, etc). You all have not made a choice and instead are waiting for a resolution to occur. There is no resolution without a PC choice. I've been waiting patiently for you guys to choose.

The following seem like your options at this point. It should also all be character knowledge:

Return dragon to tribe. Tribe loves PC's. Gives PC's reward.
Keep dragon. Dragon beaten into submission forcing him to help PC's. Seems motivated to help voluntarily if there is a possibility of killing kobolds.

This is not an option:
Convince Meepo to give up all clan loyalties and travel merrily with the white dragon risking life and limb for Sojan's missing House cohorts.

King Tius
2013-01-15, 09:46 PM
Ok, this has been very helpful (to me at least) because I read the situation very differently. I didn't realize that Meepo was specifically the Dragon trainer and had lost his charge OR that he was only really doing this to get him back. I thought we were forming a nice little bond with the Meeps and were starting to win him over. I honestly got the impression that Meepo was getting bullied around by his tribe and would be happy to leave and join us. My bad.

Given this new information, here's what Sojan wants to do:

Sojan is a dragon shaman, so he obviously favors the dragon more, though I do like Meepo's spunk. I say we take Meepo back to the forge room and tie him up. We then take the dragon and kill the kobolds and the goblins while looking for Sojan's kin. When we've cleaned this place out of all the little creatures we go back and tell Meepo that his tribe is dead and dragon is getting set free. He can either come with us or run along on his own since I feel he's at least earned his right to live by saving our butts.

How do the rest of you feel?

Gorgon_Heap
2013-01-15, 10:12 PM
I didn't realize that Meepo was specifically the Dragon trainer and had lost his charge OR that he was only really doing this to get him back. I thought we were forming a nice little bond with the Meeps and were starting to win him over. I honestly got the impression that Meepo was getting bullied around by his tribe and would be happy to leave and join us.

Exactly my thoughts, Tius.

Oren will probably argue with Sojan over some of this, especially all the killing, but will eventually fall in line. She comfortable following orders and she'll probably fall back on that once the situation becomes clear that somebody bad here is going to have to die for us to get out.

RaggedAngel
2013-01-15, 11:44 PM
Sojan is a dragon shaman, so he obviously favors the dragon more, though I do like Meepo's spunk. I say we take Meepo back to the forge room and tie him up. We then take the dragon and kill the kobolds and the goblins while looking for Sojan's kin. When we've cleaned this place out of all the little creatures we go back and tell Meepo that his tribe is dead and dragon is getting set free. He can either come with us or run along on his own since I feel he's at least earned his right to live by saving our butts.

Fix is amoral, though not compassionless; she'd take a little convincing to kill all the kobolds, and she wouldn't do it in cold blood. Faced with a little aggression, however, and she'd gladly do it, just as she wouldn't have qualms with killing a roomful of humans if they attacked her. And she has strong faith in Sojan's judgement, for better or worse. As long as he doesn't ask her to break her word or betray someone that has earned her trust (read: Meepo, for now) she'll go along with his plan.

And she's developed a strong dislike for goblins. They're innately disorderly, and they've caused her no undue amount of pain. She plans on taking as many of them out as possible.

King Tius
2013-01-15, 11:48 PM
The way I see it playing out is that we kill the goblins with the dragon's help and then escort it out. The kobolds might try to stop us so we'll have to deal with them. Sojan isn't a Paladin so he doesn't feel the need to go sniff them out and butcher them....unless we find out that they killed his kin. Then he's making a necklace of kobold tongues.

Jopustopin
2013-01-18, 07:03 PM
I honestly got the impression that Meepo was getting bullied around by his tribe and would be happy to leave and join us. My bad.

That is perfectly fine and great really. Sojan has a chance to learn something about kobolds that he didn't know. You didn't get the full picture when you all were standing in front of the queen because you didn't speak the language. You have been forming a bond and the tribe was bullying Meepo around. Sojan probably does believe that Meepo would be happy to leave his clan and join you. But Sojan is wrong and the main reason he's wrong is because he doesn't know how deep clan loyalty runs in the blood of this kobold tribe (and how could he?).

Meepo too felt like a bond was forming between you and him. But from his perspective it was all about rescuing the clan's dragon and bringing it home where he would be hailed as a hero and warrior from braving the dangers of the insane goblins. Suddenly you all seem to have sided with the dragon, he doesn't speak common and doesn't understand why you all would suddenly, after having made such a good bond, betray him.

C'est la vie

Gorgon_Heap
2013-01-18, 10:07 PM
Oookay. So who should say what to get this going again?

Great Reverend
2013-01-23, 07:37 PM
Wha..? What happened, I blacked out!?

**looks around with shifty eyes to see if anyone buys it**

Well, I'm caught up on OOC and IC, and, as a player, I'm not fully bonded to Meepo as I imagine I could be. He has helped a lot since I've joined, but don't see him as much of a peppy mascot; however, I know that Serra should like him for all the assistance he has provided... but, yet again, she's the one who is speaking to him in Draconic, and there is some, hostility and ownership, that gets a bit lost in translation when he talks about the dragon. I see Serra having a big conflict even if it is just in her mind (and Gem) about the capture of and torture of such a creature.

I'm inclined to have her translate Sojan's sentiments and tell Meepo something along the lines of "Hey, we found your Dragon, now we've got to do our half of the mission. Oh, look! The dragon will help if we're going to kill goblins! Aaaand, he wants to kill you, too. Watch your back, because it's going to be reeeealy difficult to drag him to your clan while he's trying to eat your liver."

Gorgon_Heap
2013-01-24, 01:49 PM
From IC - "I wonder if we could jam the mechanism to keep him locked in there. Fix, do you think it could be done?"

Oh, good idea, Sojan/Tius. It avoids the whole, "Let's kill'em before he kills us" thing.

RaggedAngel
2013-01-24, 03:54 PM
I'm using Disable Device as a sort of Knowledge roll here, to see if she would know how to jam or lock the door: [roll0]

Gorgon_Heap
2013-01-24, 04:38 PM
Oof. I have that skill with only one rank - wanna see if I get a natural 1 as well and we can get a combined roll of 11?

:smalltongue:

[roll0]

Oh, so close!!!

Jopustopin
2013-01-25, 04:46 AM
Oren, Emlyn, Sir Erky, and the white dragon were not in the forge room with Serra, Meepo, and Fix.

If they moved there that's fine. Sir Erky can have stayed with the white dragon back in the room you found him in. If you guys brought the dragon near Meepo I'll need to go back and edit some things that have occurred and I'll need to know when Emlyn and Oren showed up with him.

Right now I'm assuming that Sir Erky and the white dragon are back in the hallway near where you found him and the rest of you are in the forge room.

Fix

You're not sure if you can disable the door so that it can lock Meepo in the room. It'll take you a while to do in any event.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-01-25, 09:49 AM
Well, I guess I could have said I was just looking toward the forge room - I wasn't directly adressing that gang, just the dragon and Emlyn, because i figured the others were a distance away or whatever.

I kinda lost track of where we all were, but it doesn't seem all wrong.

King Tius
2013-02-13, 11:27 PM
WOOOOOO WE'RE BACK! I am drunk and on a locomotive but I promise I will post up a nice big Sojan post tomorrow. I am going to hit on all y'all!

FUN FACT: Sojan is my version of "I am Lord Voldemort" since I am terrible at making up names. For those sports fans playing at home, that means my name is Jason. (I mentioned I'm loaded on a train, right?)

RaggedAngel
2013-02-14, 12:27 AM
WOOOOOO WE'RE BACK! I am drunk and on a locomotive but I promise I will post up a nice big Sojan post tomorrow. I am going to hit on all y'all!

FUN FACT: Sojan is my version of "I am Lord Voldemort" since I am terrible at making up names. For those sports fans playing at home, that means my name is Jason. (I mentioned I'm loaded on a train, right?)

Indeed wooooo!

And that's a really interesting way to make up a character name. Much cooler than Fix.

...In case you were wondering, she's called that because she's a warforged, and she fixes things. And they take names that reference what they do or their more unique traits.

...Yeah.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-02-15, 06:11 PM
I made Oren up - but it could have been taken from any munber of sources hidden in the depths of my subconscious. Namely Neverending Story.

Who knows. It's a mystery.

On the other hand, I often use anagrams or snippits of either lists from single sources or whetever happens to be nearby when I need an NPC name. In a SW game my friends once acquired a random CIC officer named "Postal" because my pal was wearing an Aeopostale sweatshirt.

Jopustopin
2013-03-01, 12:57 AM
You ready to attack an insane cultist tribe? Hahahaha ya'lls gonna die.

Hit Points:
Emlyn: 10/15
Erky: 6/11
Fix: 14/16
Oren: 6/12
Serra: 12/12
Sojan: 11/15
Don'Moar: 32/32 (20 points of non-lethal damage)

RaggedAngel
2013-03-01, 12:58 AM
You ready to attack an insane cultist tribe? Hahahaha ya'lls gonna die.

Hit Points:
Emlyn: 10/15
Erky: 6/11
Fix: 14/16
Oren: 6/12
Serra: 12/12
Sojan: 11/15
Don'Moar: 32/32 (20 points of non-lethal damage)

****, guys. I think we're going to die.

King Tius
2013-03-01, 08:30 AM
We can pull back and rest if you want to.

Jop, would my aura cure some of that non-lethal damage on Don'Moar?

Jopustopin
2013-03-01, 10:15 AM
Your aura provides fast healing.

Fast Healing

Fast Healing
A creature with fast healing has the extraordinary ability to regain hit points at an exceptional rate. Except for what is noted here, fast healing is like natural healing.

At the beginning of each of the creatureís turns, it heals a certain number of hit points (defined in its description).

Unlike regeneration, fast healing does not allow a creature to regrow or reattach lost body parts. Unless otherwise stated, it does not allow lost body parts to be reattached.

A creature that has taken both nonlethal and lethal damage heals the nonlethal damage first.

Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation.

Fast healing does not increase the number of hit points regained when a creature polymorphs.

Healing Non Lethal Damage

When you take nonlethal damage, keep a running total of how much youíve accumulated. Do not deduct the nonlethal damage number from your current hit points. It is not "real" damage. Instead, when your nonlethal damage equals your current hit points, youíre staggered, and when it exceeds your current hit points, you fall unconscious. It doesnít matter whether the nonlethal damage equals or exceeds your current hit points because the nonlethal damage has gone up or because your current hit points have gone down.

You heal nonlethal damage at the rate of 1 hit point per hour per character level.

When a spell or a magical power cures hit point damage, it also removes an equal amount of nonlethal damage.

Aura

Only affects people who are at or below one half their full normal hit poitns.

I think if I were to read all these rules together like a computer program would then:

Non lethal damage does not get deducted from your hit point total
Therefore Don'Moar is at his full normal hit point total despite all the non lethal damage
and therefore does not get affected by your vigor aura.

My ruling is that you can heal Don'Moar of 4 points of non lethal damage. Putting him at "half" health.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-01, 11:54 AM
Your aura provides fast healing.

Fast Healing

Fast Healing
A creature with fast healing has the extraordinary ability to regain hit points at an exceptional rate. Except for what is noted here, fast healing is like natural healing.

At the beginning of each of the creatureís turns, it heals a certain number of hit points (defined in its description).

Unlike regeneration, fast healing does not allow a creature to regrow or reattach lost body parts. Unless otherwise stated, it does not allow lost body parts to be reattached.

A creature that has taken both nonlethal and lethal damage heals the nonlethal damage first.

Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation.

Fast healing does not increase the number of hit points regained when a creature polymorphs.

Healing Non Lethal Damage

When you take nonlethal damage, keep a running total of how much youíve accumulated. Do not deduct the nonlethal damage number from your current hit points. It is not "real" damage. Instead, when your nonlethal damage equals your current hit points, youíre staggered, and when it exceeds your current hit points, you fall unconscious. It doesnít matter whether the nonlethal damage equals or exceeds your current hit points because the nonlethal damage has gone up or because your current hit points have gone down.

You heal nonlethal damage at the rate of 1 hit point per hour per character level.

When a spell or a magical power cures hit point damage, it also removes an equal amount of nonlethal damage.

Aura

Only affects people who are at or below one half their full normal hit poitns.

I think if I were to read all these rules together like a computer program would then:

Non lethal damage does not get deducted from your hit point total
Therefore Don'Moar is at his full normal hit point total despite all the non lethal damage
and therefore does not get affected by your vigor aura.

My ruling is that you can heal Don'Moar of 4 points of non lethal damage. Putting him at "half" health.

That's some really high-quality rules analysis there, Jop. And I agree with the result.

Jopustopin
2013-03-03, 10:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Jopustopin/Sunless/Closeup_zpscf1a8949.png

RaggedAngel
2013-03-03, 10:32 PM
Man. Serra's image is fine.

Ahem. Carry on.

King Tius
2013-03-03, 10:54 PM
Good thing Sojan put his ass-kicking pants on this morning. This is going to be quite a fight.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-03, 11:07 PM
Good thing Sojan put his ass-kicking pants on this morning. This is going to be quite a fight.

I hope that big thing is still goblinoid. Otherwise, Fix is going to be focusing on minion-punching duty while the rest of you handle the papa bear.

Jopustopin
2013-03-03, 11:53 PM
Everything in the room is a goblinoid. The blue picture closest to the door depicts a hobgoblin wearing studded leather.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-03-03, 11:55 PM
Oh My God!!!

The dragon! Squeeze the dragon!

Jopustopin
2013-03-03, 11:59 PM
Oren you read my mind.... I messed up the map. Sojan is in L9 not M9. Oh wait, you mean how many goblins there are. Wishin' you were wearing a helmet yet?

Jopustopin
2013-03-04, 12:08 AM
Update on the goblins. They all seem to turn their hatred towards warforged for some reason.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-03-04, 12:12 AM
That meaningless jibe regaring a purely aesthetic choice aside, when considering your propesity for making random enemies especially tough, we're looking at something like 35 goblins in there. Can we get an idea of which images depict armed and frothing enemies and which are just mewling babies and such?

PS - I actually do approve of that propensity, it's just our being trapped here forever and the inability to renew resources in the face of ever-increasing danger in a meaningful way that irks me.

Jopustopin
2013-03-04, 12:22 AM
The hoard of goblins look rather intimidating but many of them your eye notices are not wearing armor, do not have weapons, and besides filth fever and their fearlessness do not look particularly challenging.

There are a couple of goblins and hobgoblins wearing armor in the room and they have snazzy pictures. I'll update their equipment in a bit.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-04, 12:32 AM
You do not have to read any of Fix's post until after the italics are finished, as everything before that takes place in her mind.

That said, I would really appreciate it if you read it, because it give a lot of insight into her character and I'm very proud of the result.

Now let's kill until we die, like men once did.

Gorgon_Heap
2013-03-04, 12:34 AM
Ugh. That's reassuring to me but sucks for my PC. You know, in the whole not wanting to slaughter people thing.

Though it won't be touched upon in-game, I'm sure, it's a tough moral choie for Oren. Hopefully it'll come up in IC discussion later.

Assuming we - I - survive.

EDIT - Oh! Didn't read that. Going to do so now.

Second: Whoa. Angela, that's awesome. I wonder at your giving away so much character background IC (and trust it'll be properly ignored as necessary) but that's some amazing insight.

Well done, girl!

Jopustopin
2013-03-04, 12:38 AM
Readying an action was unnecessary because you all got the jump on the goblins. Which means that you cast obscuring mist during the surprise round on imitative count 22. But you do not have a readied action to attack. More likely than not you'll still get an action next round and probably will want to ready that action then.

Also epic post Ragged. Maybe the goblins won't tear you to pieces.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-04, 12:41 AM
Readying an action was unnecessary because you all got the jump on the goblins. Which means that you cast obscuring mist during the surprise round on imitative count 22. But you do not have a readied action to attack. More likely than not you'll still get an action next round and probably will want to ready that action then.

Also epic post Ragged. Maybe the goblins won't tear you to pieces.

And a ray of hope shines through.

I know you just said that to get my hopes up, thus making Fix's death even more emotionally traumatizing. But a girl can always dream, right?

Jopustopin
2013-03-04, 01:15 AM
Oren just so you all know, the only goblin you can see now is the one closest to the door.

"The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target)."

Parsifal the Fool

Parsifal the Fool

Level
Class
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Skills
Feats
Class Features

1st
Bard 1
+0
+0
+2
+2
Diplomacy 4 ranks, perform (oratory) 4 ranks, concentration 4 ranks, know (arcana) 4 ranks, know (religion) 4 ranks, bluff 4 ranks, know (nobility & royalty) 4 ranks, sense motive 4 ranks
Apprentice (Entertainer)
Divine Bard Variant, Bardic music, bardic knowledge, soothing voice, healing hymn, inspire awe

2nd
Bard 2
+1
+0
+3
+3
Diplomacy 5 ranks, perform (oratory) 5 ranks, concentration 5 ranks, know (arcana) 5 ranks, know (religion) 5 ranks, bluff 5 ranks, know (nobility & royalty) 5 ranks, sense motive 5 ranks
-
-

3rd
Bard 3
+2
+1
+3
+3
Diplomacy 6 ranks, perform (oratory) 6 ranks, concentration 6 ranks, know (arcana) 6 ranks, know (religion) 6 ranks, heal 1 rank, speak language 1 rank
Least Dragonmark (Mark of Detection - Detect Poison)
Hymn of Fortification

4th
Bard 4
+3
+1
+4
+4
Diplomacy 7 ranks, perform (oratory) 7 ranks, concentration 7 ranks, know (arcana) 7 ranks, know (religion) 7 ranks, heal 2 ranks, speak language 1 rank
-
-

5th
Bard 5
+3
+1
+4
+4
Diplomacy 8 ranks, perform (oratory) 8 ranks, concentration 8 ranks, know (arcana) 8 ranks, know (religion) 8 ranks, speak language 3 ranks
-
-

6th
Bard 5 / Death Delver 1
+4
+4
+4
+5
Diplomacy 9 ranks, perform (oratory) 9 ranks, know (arcana) 9 ranks, know (religion) 9 ranks
Lesser Dragonmark (Mark of Detection - See Invisibility)
Deathsense, Rebuke Undead

||Deathsense, rebuke undead
7th|Death Delver 2|
+4
|
+4
|
+4
|
+7
|Diplomacy 10 ranks, perform (oratory) 10 ranks, concentration 9 ranks, know (religion) 10 ranks||Deadened soul, spontaneous casting
8th|Death Delver 3|
+5
|
+4
|
+5
|
+7
|Diplomacy 11 ranks, perform (oratory) 11 ranks, know (arcana) 10 ranks, know (religion) 11 ranks||Death ward 1/day
9th|Medani Prophet 1|
+5
|
+4
|
+5
|
+9
|Diplomacy 12 ranks, perform (oratory) 12 ranks, know (arcana) 11 ranks, know (religion) 12 ranks, concentration 11 ranks|Greater Dragonmark (Mark of Detection - True Seeing)|Heirís mark, keen insight, prophetic vision
10th|Medani Prophet 2|
+6/+1
|
+4
|
+5
|
+10
|Diplomacy 13 ranks, perform (oratory) 13 ranks, know (arcana) 13 ranks, know (religion) 13 ranks, concentration 12 ranks||Improved dragonmark, blood augury
11th|Death Delver 4|
+7/+2
|
+5
|
+5
|
+11
|Diplomacy 14 ranks, perform (oratory) 14 ranks, concentration 13 ranks, know (religion) 14 ranks||Diehard
12th|Death Delver 5|
+7/+2
|
+5
|
+5
|
+11
|Diplomacy 15 ranks, perform (oratory) 15 ranks, know (arcana) 14 ranks, know (religion) 15 ranks|Mark of the Dauntless|Fear aura
13th|Medani Prophet 3|
+8/+3
|
+6
|
+6
|
+11
|Diplomacy 16 ranks, perform (oratory) 16 ranks, know (arcana) 16 ranks, know (religion) 16 ranks, concentration 15 ranks||Dragonís shield
14th|Medani Prophet 4|
+9/+4
|
+6
|
+6
|
+12
|Diplomacy 17 ranks, perform (oratory) 17 ranks, know (arcana) 17 ranks, know (religion) 17 ranks, concentration 17 ranks||Improved dragonmark, Medani guidance
15th|Death Delver 6|
+10/+5
|
+7
|
+7
|
+13
|Diplomacy 18 ranks, perform (oratory) 18 ranks, know (arcana) 18 ranks, know (religion) 18 ranks|Healing Devotion|Death ward 2/day
16th|Death Delver 7|
+11/+6/+1
|
+7
|
+7
|
+13
|Diplomacy 19 ranks, perform (oratory) 19 ranks, concentration 18 ranks, know (religion) 19 ranks||Cheat death
17th|Death Delver 8|
+12/+7/+2
|
+8
|
+7
|
+14
|Diplomacy 20 ranks, perform (oratory) 20 ranks, know (arcana) 19 ranks, know (religion) 20 ranks||Mantle of life
18th|Death Delver 9|
+12/+7/+2
|
+8
|
+8
|
+14
|Diplomacy 21 ranks, perform (oratory) 21 ranks, concentration 19 ranks, know (religion) 21 ranks|Extra Music|Death ward 3/day
19th|Death Delver 10|
+13/+8/+3
|
+9
|
+8
|
+15
|Diplomacy 22 ranks, perform (oratory) 22 ranks, know (arcana) 20 ranks, know (religion) 22 ranks||Nine lives
20th|Medani Prophet 5|
+13/+8/+3
|
+9
|
+8
|
+15
|Diplomacy 23 ranks, perform (oratory) 23 ranks, know (arcana) 21 ranks, know (religion) 23 ranks, concentration 21 ranks||Visions of the past[/table]

Jopustopin
2013-03-04, 02:17 AM
Ragged - If you want to wait until after Oren and Serra chuck acid flasks into the room you'll have to delay until after they act in combat.

Also, Ragged, Obscuring Mist (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/obscuringMist.htm) can't be targeted at G10. The spell auto-centers on wherever you're at.... What do you want to do?

RaggedAngel
2013-03-04, 08:46 AM
Ragged - If you want to wait until after Oren and Serra chuck acid flasks into the room you'll have to delay until after they act in combat.

Also, Ragged, Obscuring Mist (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/obscuringMist.htm) can't be targeted at G10. The spell auto-centers on wherever you're at.... What do you want to do?
I'm not sure how important the acid flask part of the plan is, honestly. I'd rather save them and have them in reserve, for when we really need to land an attack at range.

A spellís range indicates how far from you it can reach, as defined in the Range entry of the spell description. A spellís range is the maximum distance from you that the spellís effect can occur, as well as the maximum distance at which you can designate the spellís point of origin. If any portion of the spellís area would extend beyond this range, that area is wasted. Standard ranges include the following.

As I understood it, I can designate the "center point" of the spell away from Fix, and but any part of the spell beyond 20ft of her does not get used. She'll end up with only half of an Obscuring Mist, but it'll accomplish the goal of limiting enemy vision while still keeping our party's visibility high.

Jopustopin
2013-03-04, 03:46 PM
The range line does do as you say but the effect line tells us what the spell does. Unless restricted in the effect line you can pick the location where the spell originates from within the range (like in Stinking Cloud).

Under Effect in the SRD:

Spread
Some effects, notably clouds and fogs, spread out from a point of origin, which must be a grid intersection. The effect can extend around corners and into areas that you canít see. Figure distance by actual distance traveled, taking into account turns the spell effect takes. When determining distance for spread effects, count around walls, not through them. As with movement, do not trace diagonals across corners. You must designate the point of origin for such an effect, but you need not have line of effect (see below) to all portions of the effect.

The point of origin is already indicated in the effect line. The radius extends from you. Compare Obscuring Mist (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/obscuringMist.htm) with Fog Cloud (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fogCloud.htm). Fog Cloud is a level 2 spell because you don't have to be in the center of it. Otherwise the spells do the same exact thing.

With your high initiative count you could probably run into the room this round, cast the spell next round and run back into position before anyone even reacted...... mwahahahah probably mwhaahahah

King Tius
2013-03-04, 04:23 PM
With your high initiative count you could probably run into the room this round, cast the spell next round and run back into position before anyone even reacted...... mwahahahah probably mwhaahahah

Oh, totally.

http://images.wikia.com/darkheresy/images/0/0c/Its_a_trap.jpg

RaggedAngel
2013-03-04, 05:27 PM
That sounds like a totally awesome idea that is not in any way a trap.

You know what? Screw it, we need some cover. Fix will delay until after everyone gets a round of ranged attacks in, and then pop the Obscuring Mist. Then we'll fight in the shade for a minute before it goes away. It should still hamper their organization and movement, and prevent too many clustered ranged attacks.

Is there any way she can hold her action until the end of everyone else's without losing a full turn, or should she just shoot a crossbow bolt this round and loose the mist next round?

Jopustopin
2013-03-04, 05:30 PM
That sounds like a totally awesome idea that is not in any way a trap.

You know what? Screw it, we need some cover. Fix will delay until after everyone gets a round of ranged attacks in, and then pop the Obscuring Mist. Then we'll fight in the shade for a minute before it goes away. It should still hamper their organization and movement, and prevent too many clustered ranged attacks.

Is there any way she can hold her action until the end of everyone else's without losing a full turn, or should she just shoot a crossbow bolt this round and loose the mist next round?

Yeah you can just delay until a specific initiative count. Serra Acts on 16 so I'll set you right after Serra. Your new initiative count is 15.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-04, 11:01 PM
Yeah you can just delay until a specific initiative count. Serra Acts on 16 so I'll set you right after Serra. Your new initiative count is 15.

See, the idea was to avoid a new, low initiative. At the top of the count I can better react to the events of the round (not to mention I post pretty promptly).

But that said, the effects of initiative matter less the longer a fight is going to be, and if we finish this inside of March I'll be surprised. So lay on, Macduff, And damn'd be him that first cries, 'Hold, enough!'

EDIT- Also, I'm seriously worried that we're all about to die. Thankfully, by the book, if we survive this fight we're all going all the way to level 3, unless I'm sorely mistaken. Then again, the CR of the fight is somewhere between 5 and "something has gone horribly wrong"; and if you get "something has gone horribly wrong" from a table, you know you're in for it.

Jopustopin
2013-03-04, 11:05 PM
Either we're incredibly lucky or Jop has a mastery of the CR system that I did not think was possible.

What is this CR system you speak of? Watch out, DM's lookin to kill some folks.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-04, 11:14 PM
What is this CR system you speak of? Watch out, DM's lookin to kill some folks.

See, you keep joking, but I'm worried that you're not joking.

...can we sacrifice the gnome?
Because seriously, I'll cut his throat myself to protect Fix. She's my friend in a way a professional psychologist would feel concern about.

Jopustopin
2013-03-04, 11:16 PM
Can't wait to see what characters you guys roll up next time. I have this awesome new idea for an Eberron adventure.

King Tius
2013-03-04, 11:23 PM
I'll play in that, too, if you'll have me!

RaggedAngel
2013-03-04, 11:34 PM
I'll play in that, too, if you'll have me!

Don't encourage hiiiiiimmmmmm

EDIT- God******, Jop, I just saw your sig. You're loving this, aren't you?

Jopustopin
2013-03-04, 11:48 PM
I'm so close to winning I can taste victory. This is why playing in real life is so much more fun. I mean there is nothing quite like taking the character sheet, tearing it in half, and throwing it into the face of the player who has grown so attached to it over the years. Still I shouldn't get overly confident just yet. I mean, the warriors aren't even there yet. And where are the Dolgrim's assigned to the tribe. Yeah that's when I should start getting cocky. Warriors appear in [roll0] rounds.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-05, 01:28 AM
I'm so close to winning I can taste victory. This is why playing in real life is so much more fun. I mean there is nothing quite like taking the character sheet, tearing it in half, and throwing it into the face of the player who has grown so attached to it over the years. Still I shouldn't get overly confident just yet. I mean, the warriors aren't even there yet. And where are the Dolgrim's assigned to the tribe. Yeah that's when I should start getting cocky. Warriors appear in [roll0] rounds.

My folks asked me why I was sobbing quietly into a pillow, and I mumbled something about a warforged and goblins. Now they're avoiding me. So that's a plus, I guess.

(I don't live with my parents anymore, but we're on the NYC trip together.)

(Sobbing.)

King Tius
2013-03-05, 08:32 AM
If need be, we can fall back and regroup like we did with the skeletons. We may want to spend a round or two of shock and awe here before heading back to some of the cleared out hallways.

Another option, with the Dragon circling overhead, is to push our way in, kill as much as we can, and then turn around and guard the very door we entered through (assuming the warriors are coming from the other doors in the smoke room) so we still have a pinch point. If we kill a bunch in the big room and the dragon continues to fly around and spray them, we might be able to cause enough chaos to keep our rear relatively undefended. With Sojan going Total Defense and standing in the doorway I can hopefully keep things stalled while Fix blasts away with her crossbow and the rest of you unload as well.

Jopustopin
2013-03-05, 08:33 AM
DM reads PC's plans and metagames opponents appropriately. TPK will be mine.

King Tius
2013-03-05, 08:37 AM
DM reads PC's plans and metagames opponents appropriately. TPK will be mine.

One of the biggest fights I've seen at an IRL game was over something along these lines. "If we're not allowed to metagame our characters then you can't metagame the world!"

RaggedAngel
2013-03-06, 05:25 PM
Serra, I think you're up, then Fix can make this whole fight Obscured and overcomplicated. :smallwink:

Jopustopin
2013-03-06, 05:36 PM
I talked to GreatReverend. It's finals week for him and I'm pretty sure he pulled an all nighter studying. I'll put him on auto-pilot in a few hours if he hasn't found a computer.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-06, 05:47 PM
I talked to GreatReverend. It's finals week for him and I'm pretty sure he pulled an all nighter studying. I'll put him on auto-pilot in a few hours if he hasn't found a computer.

Finals come before D&D. Good luck to him; I know that feeling all too well.

Jopustopin
2013-03-07, 04:50 AM
Almost set a record for hours last week. #2 all time. I was gunning for it but we short shifted the very last day. When I work that much, sometimes I just like to go all out for a personal best ya know? If I thought taxes were bad last year... this year is ridiculous.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-07, 11:34 AM
Almost set a record for hours last week. #2 all time. I was gunning for it but we short shifted the very last day. When I work that much, sometimes I just like to go all out for a personal best ya know? If I thought taxes were bad last year... this year is ridiculous.

You are

a

crazy person.

But I love you for it, Jop. Just don't kill yourself with work.

Goldfly
2013-03-07, 12:19 PM
You are

a

crazy person.

But I love you for it, Jop. Just don't kill yourself with work.

Really got nothing to add, here.

Jopustopin
2013-03-07, 05:03 PM
No it was worth it. My job got 95% easier recently and I just have so much more energy than I used to.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-07, 05:46 PM
No it was worth it. My job got 95% easier recently and I just have so much more energy than I used to.

Well, I don't have any problem with that. If I may ask, I've been curious for a while; what is it that you do?

Jopustopin
2013-03-07, 05:53 PM
I supervisor 3 teams of about 45 people at a manufacturing plant. It's a car assembly plant; we build the Jeep Patriot, Jeep Compass, and Dodge Dart.
I work in the paint shop so I make sure the cars are really pretty.

I don't plan on doing this forever. The location is truly terrible and the only time I really ever do anything is when I get onto a plane to go visit friends out of state. Like I will be next week when I go and beat Great Reverend up for not posting. Anyone else coming to Boston for St. Patrick's day?

RaggedAngel
2013-03-07, 06:00 PM
Anyone else coming to Boston for St. Patrick's day?

As a red-haired and freckled young lady, you have no idea how much I wish I could.

Jopustopin
2013-03-08, 09:05 AM
Red hair. Freckles. Think I can find a close enough substitute.

Step 1: I'll buy a Raggedy Ann (https://www.google.com/search?q=raggedy+ann&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=WO85UeubBem02gXmjYDwDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1536&bih=860#imgrc=gkukxTiDS3xUcM%3A%3BZIEYfd-KCROrZM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dreamdollsgallery .com%252Fmadame%252F2009%252F48605%252520Raggedy%2 52520Ann%252520Cloth.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww. dreamdollsgallery.com%252Fmadame_main.html%3B1245% 3B1392) doll
Step 2: Get rid of the "y" and add "gel" to the end.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: ??? (Step 4 is actually different than step 3. We just won't remember what it is the next morning)

RaggedAngel
2013-03-08, 11:13 AM
Red hair. Freckles. Think I can find a close enough substitute.

Step 1: I'll buy a Raggedy Ann (https://www.google.com/search?q=raggedy+ann&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=WO85UeubBem02gXmjYDwDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1536&bih=860#imgrc=gkukxTiDS3xUcM%3A%3BZIEYfd-KCROrZM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dreamdollsgallery .com%252Fmadame%252F2009%252F48605%252520Raggedy%2 52520Ann%252520Cloth.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww. dreamdollsgallery.com%252Fmadame_main.html%3B1245% 3B1392) doll
Step 2: Get rid of the "y" and add "gel" to the end.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: ??? (Step 4 is actually different than step 3. We just won't remember what it is the next morning)

My mom (who is also rather ginger) has one of those from when she was a little girl. Raggedy Ann is forever the patron of pale redheaded girls.

Jopustopin
2013-03-09, 07:45 AM
Oren and Serra are on autopilot. I'm scaring away the PC's with this fight. Man, two PC's on suicidal autopilot is not a good sign.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-09, 10:33 AM
Oren and Serra are on autopilot. I'm scaring away the PC's with this fight. Man, two PC's on suicidal autopilot is not a good sign.

Hoboy. Must autopilot be suicidal?

Goldfly
2013-03-09, 05:02 PM

ohgodwereallgonnadie

RaggedAngel
2013-03-09, 05:23 PM
ohgodwereallgonnadie

Hey, for four minutes Fix is going to be doing very disproportionate damage for our level. As long as Sojan remains conscious, we have a chance.

King Tius
2013-03-09, 05:47 PM
I could very easily just sit in Total Defense for most of the fight. As they rush in and try and smack me you give em the old one-two punch.

Goldfly
2013-03-09, 05:56 PM
And Emlyn just sits there, using Inspire Courage...

RaggedAngel
2013-03-09, 05:59 PM
And Emlyn just sits there, using Inspire Courage...

You have no idea how awesome that is. +1 to hit and damage, unlimited duration, and you still have all your actions free while using it.

Do you have any UMD? Fix has another scroll of Lesser Vigor we may need at some point, and she doesn't need to be the one to use it.

Goldfly
2013-03-09, 09:12 PM
You have no idea how awesome that is. +1 to hit and damage, unlimited duration, and you still have all your actions free while using it.

Do you have any UMD? Fix has another scroll of Lesser Vigor we may need at some point, and she doesn't need to be the one to use it.

I know; it's perfect! :D

And yes, Emlyn does: +9 modifier. Might take a few tries to use it, unfortunately.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-09, 09:26 PM
I know; it's perfect! :D

And yes, Emlyn does: +9 modifier. Might take a few tries to use it, unfortunately.

The Bard is easily the most underrated class. Never sell yourself short. :smallsmile:

Goldfly
2013-03-09, 10:06 PM
The Bard is easily the most underrated class. Never sell yourself short. :smallsmile:

I'm well aware. A bit of Inspire Courage and intelligent use of their spell list goes a long way.

Which makes me think: Are we using the Spell Compendium, Jop?

RaggedAngel
2013-03-09, 10:12 PM
I'm well aware. A bit of Inspire Courage and intelligent use of their spell list goes a long way.

Which makes me think: Are we using the Spell Compendium, Jop?

I don't know about Jop, but I sure as hell am. :smallwink:

With that said, I'm pretty sure we are, since that's where I got Lesser Vigor.

Jopustopin
2013-03-09, 11:00 PM
Spell Compendium is allowed.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-09, 11:13 PM
Spell Compendium is allowed.

Whew. I was actually scared for a moment, there. The Magic Item Compendium is the cereal and apple of an Artificer's breakfast, but the Spell Compendium is the milk that completes our balanced breakfast of victory.

Jopustopin
2013-03-10, 11:52 AM
I think I will retroactively ban the apple and milk.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-10, 12:36 PM
I think I will retroactively ban the apple and milk.

But I can keep the cereal?

King Tius
2013-03-10, 06:02 PM
How in the Nine Hells did I get lucky enough for the Hobgoblin to roll a 5? Awesome.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-10, 07:07 PM
How in the Nine Hells did I get lucky enough for the Hobgoblin to roll a 5? Awesome.

I have to say, I cheered a little at that.

Goldfly
2013-03-10, 07:29 PM
Should we actually go for our little bane weapon-total defense-Inspire Courage plan? It seems a bit boring, but it's probably the most efficient way to go about things.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-10, 07:35 PM
Should we actually go for our little bane weapon-total defense-Inspire Courage plan? It seems a bit boring, but it's probably the most efficient way to go about things.

When my turn swings around, you better believe that's what I'll be doing.

Goldfly
2013-03-10, 09:34 PM
When my turn swings around, you better believe that's what I'll be doing.

...It is your turn. :smalltongue:

RaggedAngel
2013-03-10, 09:48 PM
...It is your turn. :smalltongue:

Carp. Allow me to go do things and be useful.

EDIT- Well. Damn. I think Fix just got hobgoblin all over her hand.

Goldfly
2013-03-10, 10:35 PM
Carp. Allow me to go do things and be useful.

EDIT- Well. Damn. I think Fix just got hobgoblin all over her hand.

Very, very useful.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-10, 11:00 PM
Very, very useful.

Natural twenties are fun like that.

Goldfly
2013-03-10, 11:07 PM

I was going to say that I know the feeling, but that's not true at all. :smallsigh:

RaggedAngel
2013-03-10, 11:15 PM
I was going to say that I know the feeling, but that's not true at all. :smallsigh:

You can't tell me you've never rolled a nat twenty! They have a one in twenty chance of happening! That would be the saddest thing.

Statistics time:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

EDIT- And the spread is exactly 11.5, which is actually 1 better than it's supposed to be. Lucky me, I guess.

Goldfly
2013-03-10, 11:16 PM
You can't tell me you've never rolled a nat twenty! They have a one in twenty chance of happening! That would be the saddest thing.

Statistics time:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Oh no, I have. But mostly on skill checks, where it's just not the same.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-10, 11:18 PM
Oh no, I have. But mostly on skill checks, where it's just not the same.

Ah, I understand. And I agree, it is different; there's something about the words "automatically succeed" that feel so right.

Jopustopin
2013-03-10, 11:37 PM

Gettin a little sick and tired of these lucky rolls. I'm gonna start "rolling" behind my DM screen. It's not cheating when the DM does it.

You guys think there is a better way for me to let you know it's your turn? I notice that it's missed a lot.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-11, 12:06 AM
You guys think there is a better way for me to let you know it's your turn? I notice that it's missed a lot.

I've found that shout-outs in the OOC work pretty well. They're obvious, and they don't really add any "clutter" to the OOC discussion.

Jopustopin
2013-03-11, 03:45 AM
I've found that shout-outs in the OOC work pretty well. They're obvious, and they don't really add any "clutter" to the OOC discussion.

Shout Out: Sojan ooooh. That is nice.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-11, 07:16 AM
Shout Out: Sojan ooooh. That is nice.

That's. Ah. Certainly a shout-out.

EDIT- EVERYONE ABOARD THE CRIT TRAIN!!!!! CHOOOOOCHOOOOOOO

King Tius
2013-03-11, 07:28 AM
Two crits in a row? What are the odds? 0.25%, actually.

RaggedAngel
2013-03-11, 07:47 AM
Two crits in a row? What are the odds? 0.25%, actually.

We should go for three crits in a row; that's a .0125% chance.

At which point Jop would start rolling for us.

Jopustopin
2013-03-11, 07:08 PM
Fix rolling for concealment: [roll0] (1 - 20 Miss)
Sojan rolling for conealment: [roll1] (1 - 20 Miss)

:smallbiggrin: Yep rolling for you all right.

Fix missed the hobgoblin due to concealment. Sojan you hit and kill the goblin but if you would have attacked the hobgoblin instead let me know and we'll use your rolls on him instead.

King Tius
2013-03-11, 07:25 PM
Since Fix missed I'll hit the Hobgoblin instead, assuming I can still use all the same rolls (including the miss percentage).

Jopustopin
2013-03-11, 07:41 PM
Yes and you killed the hobgoblin

King Tius
2013-03-11, 07:58 PM
I must say, I am loving the image of random little goblins coming running out of the mist, screaming gibberish, only to get a fist to the face.

Jopustopin
2013-03-11, 08:00 PM
Shout Out: Emlyn's Turn
Oren and Serra are still on Suicidal Auto Pilot.

Goldfly
2013-03-11, 08:55 PM
To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Concealment: [roll2]