PDA

View Full Version : Spreading Rumors

Morithias
2012-10-12, 09:17 PM
In one of the Dragon Magazines there was a set of rules for using the bluff or diplomacy skill to spread gossip, but I can't find it, and I can't find the "search forum" function. (I had a thread a while back about hitting a DC 50 bluff check at level 1 in order to put any kingdom into permanent rebellion)

Anyone know what book this is in? Thanks for the help!

Edit: Nevermind I found it via google. Does this forum even have a search function?

Qwertystop
2012-10-12, 09:36 PM
In one of the Dragon Magazines there was a set of rules for using the bluff or diplomacy skill to spread gossip, but I can't find it, and I can't find the "search forum" function. (I had a thread a while back about hitting a DC 50 bluff check at level 1 in order to put any kingdom into permanent rebellion)

Anyone know what book this is in? Thanks for the help!

Edit: Nevermind I found it via google. Does this forum even have a search function?

Forum used to have a search function. Remember a few days ago when the forum was down for a few days? It was realized that the indexes used for searching were what was making it take so enormously long, so that function was dropped.

Morithias
2012-10-12, 09:41 PM
Forum used to have a search function. Remember a few days ago when the forum was down for a few days? It was realized that the indexes used for searching were what was making it take so enormously long, so that function was dropped.

Well, I guess that makes sense. Well glad to hear I didn't miss anything obvious at least.

nedz
2012-10-12, 10:08 PM
I thought that the search function was disabled ages ago, but whatever.

You can use Google or Yahoo to search the forum.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-12, 10:16 PM
There's an update to the forum in the works. The search function may return after it's completed. It was here and mostly functional up until the forum was down for a couple days sometime last week or the week before.

Rawhide made a post that goes into more detail in the board issues subforum.

nedz
2012-10-13, 05:32 AM
I just entered Kelb_Panthera Spreading Rumors into Yahoo, and got two hits both on this Forum :smallsmile:

Google gives a different two hits, including this thread.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-13, 10:21 PM
I just entered Kelb_Panthera Spreading Rumors into Yahoo, and got two hits both on this Forum :smallsmile:

Google gives a different two hits, including this thread.

What? Why would you enter that into google?

If you think I was making stuff up, here's The thread I mentioned. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257651)

I didn't link before because linking is a royal pain in the butt for me. I can't copy/paste, which means I have to actually look up the address, write it down, and then tap it out exactly as it appeared. Every. Single. Time.

Qwertystop
2012-10-14, 09:38 AM

If you think I was making stuff up, here's The thread I mentioned. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257651)

I didn't link before because linking is a royal pain in the butt for me. I can't copy/paste, which means I have to actually look up the address, write it down, and then tap it out exactly as it appeared. Every. Single. Time.

He entered it as a search because thats the name of this thread and the person who made the thread. Just to show that that can find threads.

nedz
2012-10-14, 10:00 AM

Sorry, I was just demonstrating that you don't need the Forum search function to find things.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-14, 10:05 AM
Sorry, I was just demonstrating that you don't need the Forum search function to find things.

I see. That's okay then.

I was about ready to get my mad on for a minute there. :smalltongue:

mattie_p
2012-10-14, 10:08 AM
So, Kelb_Panthera, what rumors are you spreading lately?

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-15, 12:15 AM
So, Kelb_Panthera, what rumors are you spreading lately?

I'm not spreading any rumors. That's why I was a bit upset at the implication.

Gossip is too powerful a tool to use irresponsibly.