PDA

View Full Version : Highest possible Cha score?

Zelkon
2012-10-13, 09:04 AM
At level 10, without the help of anyone else (like a wizard who can cast wish). Oh, and 50,000 GP.

Alleran
2012-10-13, 09:23 AM
Are artifacts usable? Because you can get up to a +8 untyped bonus from a Netherese Great Elixir. And is it level 10 or ECL 10? Templates and all that.

Zelkon
2012-10-13, 09:29 AM
Are artifacts usable? Because you can get up to a +8 untyped bonus from a Netherese Great Elixir. And is it level 10 or ECL 10? Templates and all that.

ECL. The item must be purchaseable, and preferably it will be from the SRD or MIC. So I don't think artifacts. Templates and LA races are fine and encouraged (high OP PvP game)

Uhtred
2012-10-13, 10:19 AM
Artificers cast their Infusions that buff, like Eagle's Splendour, on objects, right? Anybody know if he's limited to casting it on a cloak, as a Cloak of Charisma, or if he could theoretically cast it on mundane clothing of every body slot? It wouldn't last forever, but if it's super-important to boost your Cha mod right his second for one vital bluff check, that's how I'd do it. That and a Potion of Glibness, as a certain red-headed Rogue has done to great effect.

ahenobarbi
2012-10-13, 10:53 AM
Artificers cast their Infusions that buff, like Eagle's Splendour, on objects, right? Anybody know if he's limited to casting it on a cloak, as a Cloak of Charisma, or if he could theoretically cast it on mundane clothing of every body slot? It wouldn't last forever, but if it's super-important to boost your Cha mod right his second for one vital bluff check, that's how I'd do it. That and a Potion of Glibness, as a certain red-headed Rogue has done to great effect.

Even if artificer could infuse every single hair with eagle splendor ([s]he|it) would get only +4 bonus. Because the bonuses wouldn't stack (they're the same type).

And potion of glibness doesn't give you charisma bonus. It only gives you bluff bonus (and only for some uses of bluff).

Uhtred
2012-10-13, 10:59 AM
And potion of glibness doesn't give you charisma bonus. It only gives you bluff bonus (and only for some uses of bluff).

The sentence beforehand mentioned a crucial bluff check. It may have been tangential, but the potion of glibness is still relevant in that regard.

Firechanter
2012-10-13, 11:54 AM
I'm sure that someone here will soon post a way how to get practically infinite CHA with a couple of weird tricks, but nevertheless I'll throw in a few bits:

Race: there are plenty of races with +2 Cha, such as Star Elves, (Lesser) Aasimar, Spellscale... and some LA+1 buggers from MM5, Ibraen or something..?

So you could start out with CHA 20, add +2 for levels, up to +6 by item (36K GP), and from then on it depends on what you want to actually _do_ with that Cha...
- iirc, MIC has at least one item that gives a bonus to CHA _checks_,
- ofc you can buy a magic item that boosts a particular skill, for instance +10 for 10.000GP
- for Bluff in particular, Glibness has already been mentioned.
- some skills may allow using a Masterwork Tool (for instance Perform[instrument])

So if you need this in fact for an epic Bluff, you could combine all that and Skill Focus and Lolfeat, and get a total of... 9+13+3+2+10+30 plus some other odds and ends for a +67 Bluff check or higher. Though Glibness alone kinda makes everything else pale...

But if you need the Cha for spellcasting, i.e. save DCs/bonus spells, I'm afraid there's not much more you can do without substantial amounts of cheese... I'm too lazy to look it up, but does Spellcasting Prodigy also work for Cha casters or is that only for Int-based ones?

Devmaar
2012-10-13, 11:55 AM
Even if artificer could infuse every single hair with eagle splendor ([s]he|it) would get only +4 bonus. Because the bonuses wouldn't stack (they're the same type).

This would be true if the Artificer wasn't able to change the bonus type.
You could end up with +4 enhancement, +4 competence, +4 profane, +4 Sacred, +4 luck etc, etc

Zelkon
2012-10-13, 12:13 PM
Well, I was going for DDM, preferably without spells (well, a single Eagle's splendor might be possible). Like, I know there are races that get a +4 or more bonus to CHA for LA. I was thinking of going Lantern Archon, but I couldn't find out if that gave any ability bonuses.

Flickerdart
2012-10-13, 12:44 PM
You don't want help from anyone else, but what resources do you have?

Zelkon
2012-10-13, 01:16 PM
Gold, spells. It's arena style. Also, I need most of my buffs to last an hour per level or more or I have to activate them in combat.

Mithril Leaf
2012-10-13, 01:19 PM
Alright, you'll need to be something with UMD to pull this off. I'd recommend artificer or shaper psion if transparency extends that far.
First, your race is Venerable Necropolitan Magic-Blooded Unseelie Fey Lesser Aasimar.
Second, pick up a cloak of charisma +4.
Third, grab a ton of Mertoran Leaf as well as something to restore ability damage, maybe a wand of lesser restoration of an orb of renewal.
Fourth, grab horseshoes of flame, UMD them to pretend to be a horse.
Fifth, acquire a +1 shield of Command (from either Heroes of Battle or Defenders of the Faith)
Accounting for your starting modifiers, as well as leveling and aging, you can get up to
18 + 9 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 6 + 4 = 45
Not too shabby.

EDIT: Forgot to add in a +1 Command Shield for an extra +4 competence bonus.

Medic!
2012-10-13, 01:40 PM
For bonus spells and save DCs, yeah Spellcasting Prodigy works for any caster (the only caveat in the feat is that if you have two spellcasting stats you have to take the feat twice to cover both).

So if it's for casting that's another +2 for a feat at first level. If you can take a couple flaws and are allowed to use Ghostwalk and don't mind being a female sorcerer from a noble family (:smallconfused:) you can get another +2 to your cha for bonus spells/DCs from Sherem-Law Sorcery, and another +2 from Sherezem-Lar Sorcery (and they specifically stack, and are untyped, so should stack with Spellcasting Prodigy).

Mato
2012-10-14, 09:00 AM
Class: Sorcerer / Incantatrix
Feats (flaws/pact/incan's bonus): Versatile Spellcaster, Spell Focus<transmutation>, Ability Focus(dragon, +2 to any ability bonuses), Fell Energy(dragon, +1 metamagic, +2 to ability bonuses), Extend Spell, Persist Spell, Metamagic Wandgrip, Hidden Talent<psionic minor creation>.
Items: The <30k WBL prevents you from having Horse Shoes Of Flame. However, instead I suggest a Custom Runestaff created by a Gold Dragon Sorcerer / Prestige Bard with Arcane Disciple. Also a Wand of Righteous Aura (paladin 4th), a couple Drow House tokens of Lesser Restore, and finally a Scroll of Greater Visage of the Deity.

Race wise, CPsi is horribly written, Unseeli lacks LA, there is arguments for Magic-Blooded not to apply outside of PHB races, etc. But if ignoring them, be a Magic-Blooded Unseeli Fey Primordial Giant Half-Giant, which has +0 LA.
Venerable & Polymorph give you penalty a free +3 unnamed bonus.
Worm of Minauros & Faustian Pact each give a +1 unnamed bonus.
Assuming +1 Command Armor is allowed, you also obtain +4 Competence.
Psionicly create the Luhix drug which gives +2 Alchemical, assuming you have the Fort Save for it, you can smoke it all day.
Become a Necropoliton for the Undead type, for Fell Energy of course.
Using VS, you cast Nixe's Grace off the Runestaff then apply Persist/Fell Energy for a +12 Enhancement bonus that lasts all day.
UMD the Wand and via Metamagic wandgrip apply Fell Energy for a +8 Sacred bonus that lasts several hours as is.
UMD the Scroll, both for Alignment(good) and Class(cleric) to gain a +8 unnamed bonus, then via Incantatrix Persist it.
Finally, spellwise, UMD your Runestaff again and cast Devil's Ego out of it, again apply Fell Energy and you get a +8 Profane bonus. Since this spell changes your type it always must be the last spell you cast.

Thats: 73 (+31) Charisma, or 18 (base) + 2 (blooded) + 2 (fey) + 4 (giant) + 3 (age) + 1 (pact) + 1 (location) + 4 (competence) + 2 (alchemical) + 12 (enhance) + 8 (sacred) +8 (deity) + 8 (profane)
As a full Cha-based spellcaster/Incantatrix. And with Winter's Chill, effectively your Save DCs are around 75, give or take a few points for Spell Level.

mattie_p
2012-10-14, 10:47 AM
Well, I was going for DDM, preferably without spells (well, a single Eagle's splendor might be possible). Like, I know there are races that get a +4 or more bonus to CHA for LA. I was thinking of going Lantern Archon, but I couldn't find out if that gave any ability bonuses.

If you want DMM, you are a cleric. You can cast level 5 spells at 9th level, meaning there is one level of room for a template or dip. What you really want is multiple pools. I recommend the following (similar to a character I am building for something else:

Race: Lesser Aasimar (Player's Guide to Faerun, p191, no LA) +2 Wis, +2 Cha

Build Cleric 7 (Using the Lightbringer Cleric ACF at level to go get Destroy Undead instead of Turn Undead, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft p206), Sacred Exorcist 2 (Picks up Turn undead if you don't already have it, which you don't, Complete Divine p56), Death Delver 1 (Picks up Rebuke Undead, Heroes of Horror p93).

You now have three pools eligible for DMM.

You want the Planning Domain (for free extend spell feat), and Undeath domain (for free Extra turning feat). Probably cloistered cleric so you can pick up knowledge devotion as well.

Feats are 1) Persist spell, 3) DMM:Persist, 6&9 Extra Turning
Level up with CHA twice for more turns

Pick up a nightstick (7,500 gp, Libris Mortis p78), Reliquary Holy Symbol (1000 gp, Magic Item Compendium p120), Cloak of Charisma +4 (16,000 gp)

Three turning pools x (3+(5 or 6 base cha) + 2 (cloak) + 12 (Extra turning feat x 3) = 66 Turn attempts +4 nightstick (or more if they stack, but that is right stinky cheese) + 2 holy symbol = 72, or enough to persist 10 spells.