PDA

View Full Version : PF Griffith expy

Griffith!
2012-10-14, 10:38 AM
Okay, so let's say, hypothetically, an individual were considering directly ripping off an anime character for a Pathfinder game. And let's say that guy were, hypothetically, me. And the character were, hypothetically, this guy: Griffith (http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Griffith).

For those not in the know, he's a super ambitious, charismatic, one-sword wielding, dextrous-kind-of-fighter (counter-intuitively in heavy armor).

How would one go about doing that? My first impulse is to say Fighter/Bard, using the Free Hand Fighter/Savage Skald alternate class features from the Advanced Players Guide, but I've been wrong before. And of course, there's the usual leadership gambits, if the DM allows the feat, to give me Band of The Hawk like followers.

Not sure, though. Thoughts? How would you do it.

Kulture
2012-10-14, 01:20 PM
Maybe cavalier/duelist?

He does most of his fighting on horseback and what little he does on the ground is 1-on-1.

Maybe even Aldori Sword-lord, considering his sole use of a single sabre, which Sword lord excels at.

Krazzman
2012-10-14, 02:18 PM
Tiefling Magus for after his breakdown.

Arbane
2012-10-14, 10:56 PM
Tiefling Magus for after his breakdown.

As Femto, he's FAR worse than a mere Tiefling...:smallamused:

ThiagoMartell
2012-10-14, 11:27 PM
You could do Aldori Swordlord, but then you lose armor training. Armor training is perfect for agile guys that wear armor and Griffith definitely is one of those.

Tactician Fighter could work. Griffith lead the Band of the Hawk, after all. The extra skill points help towards his social side.

Krazzman
2012-10-15, 04:38 AM
As Femto, he's FAR worse than a mere Tiefling...:smallamused:

Yeah he might has to take 2 tiefling traits... I think they have the wings trait still available... or is there just the feat in Races of Faerun for that? Maybe a Gestalt Magus/Wizard or something like that to further build his supremacy. Or another really powerful race but jeah wings + (at least functioning) reproduction-stuff.

Griffith!
2012-10-15, 06:35 AM
I ended up going with Tactician fighter, at level one. I don't have much of a build plan from there though. And with the other, higher charisma characters in the party I kind of worrying about his actual utility. But we'll see.