PDA

View Full Version : Dragonwrought and Practical Metamagic

memnarch
2012-10-14, 12:27 PM
Does dragonwrought remove the dragonblood subtype from the kobolds, thereby making it impossible for the feat Practical Metamagic to be taken?

Is there something that I'm missing?

Diovid
2012-10-14, 12:40 PM
I think there's a note somewhere that Dragons qualify for anything that requires the Dragonblood subtype.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-10-14, 12:43 PM
Indeed at the very start start of Races of the Dragon there is a sidebar explaining that Dragons automaticalky qualify for anything with Dragonblooded as a pre-requisite (which has it's own fun unnintended comsequences and exploits).

Amnestic
2012-10-14, 12:45 PM
Indeed at the very start start of Races of the Dragon there is a sidebar explaining that Dragons automaticalky qualify for anything with Dragonblooded as a pre-requisite (which has it's own fun unnintended comsequences and exploits).

Such as? ;o

memnarch
2012-10-14, 12:53 PM

Oh, dur. I kinda figured that it still worked, but I wasn't sure why. Page 4, bottom half, right side.

Thanks for the help!

lunar2
2012-10-14, 01:08 PM
Such as? ;o

dragon type creature automatically qualify for any feat or prestige class that requires the dragonblood subtype, even if they don't meet the other prerequisites. essentially, the prerequisites are dragonblood + random stuff, or dragon type. this isn't even a mistake, since in the same book, it mentions that true dragons can take levels in a prestige class that requires divine spellcasting ability, which, as far as i know, no true dragons have.

danzibr
2012-10-14, 01:51 PM
dragon type creature automatically qualify for any feat or prestige class that requires the dragonblood subtype, even if they don't meet the other prerequisites. essentially, the prerequisites are dragonblood + random stuff, or dragon type. this isn't even a mistake, since in the same book, it mentions that true dragons can take levels in a prestige class that requires divine spellcasting ability, which, as far as i know, no true dragons have.
Oh snap! So as true dragons Dragonwrought Kobolds get even more exploits!

Sorry I'm just kidding. We all know they're not true dragons.

Or are they?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-10-14, 02:17 PM
Oh snap! So as true dragons Dragonwrought Kobolds get even more exploits!

Sorry I'm just kidding. We all know they're not true dragons.

Or are they?

In this case it doesn't matter; because the sidebar says Dragon type (not True Dragons) so even a Wyvern or a Pseudodragon can use this.

Here is the relevant part

Dragons automatically qualify for any classes, prestige classes,
racial substitution levels, feats, powers, or spells that require
the dragonblood subtype.

This allows a Dragonwrought Kobold entering Disciple of the Eye as a level 1 character.

danzibr
2012-10-14, 02:54 PM
In this case it doesn't matter; because the sidebar says Dragon type (not True Dragons) so even a Wyvern or a Pseudodragon can use this.

Here is the relevant part

This allows a Dragonwrought Kobold entering Disciple of the Eye as a level 1 character.
Ooh I see. That is very interesting. I would totally let a player do that.