PDA

View Full Version : God Campaign

dwlc2000
2012-10-14, 03:11 PM
So, as some of you may have read in my thread help with anti-magic fields, i am doing a "god campaign" with a bunch of friends in which we each get to build a 40th level character and duke it out with an army of creatures dependent on what we are the god of. I am the drow elf lich necromancer/evoker with an army of skeletons/zombies and the like. It will be with a bunch of experienced players who will probably have characters who are equal power to my own. I plan to fix this using the epic level spell creation system (the rules of which are being used exactly how they are written.) Any tips on killing other gods? I need to keep my phylactery really safe. Any battle tactics I could use to take down the others? We get 40th level starting gold to armor ourselves and double that to build our castle with.

Annos
2012-10-14, 03:31 PM
Increase the radius of a spell from HoB to like a thousand miles and kill them ALL! Also the Bane Spell(metamagic) feat from some book I can't remember.

evil-frosty
2012-10-14, 11:40 PM
Does one of you have to DM this? If so I feel sorry for him/her. Also are you a god in terms you have Salient Abilities? Or do you just call yourselves gods?

nyjastul69
2012-10-15, 12:06 AM
How many divine ranks do you have?

Hawkings
2012-10-15, 12:27 AM
Any tips on killing other gods? I need to keep my phylactery really safe.

For just a +1 LA you can take the Vecna-blooded template from monster manual 5, it makes it impossible to use divination spells on you or any information about you. As an extra bonus you know who's trying to cast them, what they look like, and where they are if they even try.

So you can pretty much throw your phylactery anywhere and no one will ever find it with divination spells, which is the first thing anyone would try to do to defeat you.

You also get a couple other cool abilities like a 50% chance of making anyone within 120 feet of you forget you're there and unable to attack you each round for a minute.

Also bonus points for being a Lich with Vecna-blooded lol!

Gavinfoxx
2012-10-15, 12:38 AM
Necromancer/Evoker?

Ewww..

Hope you didn't ban Conjuration and Transmutation!

Also, why are you giving yourself that much LA? You want as many spellcasting levels as possible. With 40 levels to work with, you should be able to get 9th level divine, 9th level arcane, and 9th level psionic, giving you three pools for epic spellcasting...

"From PhaedrusXY(who swiped it from someone else):

Illumian

Ardent1, Savage Bard1, Wizard1, Ardent+1, cerebremancer4, Ur-Priest1, Psychic Theurge1, Sublime Chord1, Mystic Theurge6, Cerebremancer+2, Psychic theurge+1

Key feats:Improved Sigil:krau->early entry to celebremancer

Practised manifester:Ardent

Enchanted Power Sigils:Krau sigil gives normally +2 to caster level but now it gives 3 and with psi/magic transparency it should come to manifester level too.

=

9 lvl divine spells from ur-priest

9 lvl arcane spells from sublime chord

9 lvl powers from ardent->manifester level=17 = 10(levels)+4practised manifester+2(krau sigil)+1(enchanter power sigils)"

That's the earliest way to be able to get Triple 9s from all three methods (arcane, divine, psionic), I believe. That lets you get Epic Spellcasting for all 3...

After level 21, you don't HAVE to do anything to get more power. With a non gestalt 21st level character, you can be equivalent or overpower anything ever statted, with no need to go for gestalt or add another 19 levels. Such is the power of the correct Epic Spells, and the ability to mitigate them all down to 0...

That's why the Iron Siege had soooooo many rules and restrictions on what you could do with Epic spells and such.

So come in with a level 21 character, and just say, "I don't need any more levels. Or a level adjusted race. Really. Oh, here is a list of what I have done so far, here is a description of my demiplane, here is a description of all the creatures I have bound, and here is a description of the twenty epic level spells I have up at all times. Here are the fifty non-epic spells I have up at all times. Here is a list of the effects that are active on me. Here are the divinations I do every week, and the questions I ask, and the things I should know for the upcoming week. Here are all the contingencies I have up from Contingency and Craft Contingent spell. Here are the spells I have prepared. Here is a list of the things I am immune to. Sorry my character sheet is 60 pages. Now... are you sure you are up to running this? Are you sure this system is appropriate to this concept?"

You should, at the very least, be shooting for "Team Solar" levels of optimization:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188138

I believe that didn't use any epic spells at all.

Seriously. Gods were horrendously statted out...

dwlc2000
2012-10-15, 07:53 AM
Yes. Someone has to dm this. The reason we dont play these very often is because noone will dm. I need some tips about getting saves really high. Every round i can deal 48 potential negative levels, but they get a fortitude save vs each one. Also one of my foes can deflect rays spells with a feat, so i need dcs for hold monster high. Also i response to are we actually god question, yes.

Gandariel
2012-10-15, 09:24 AM
I agree with the others: you can get, for simplicity, Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Psion 3/Arcane-Divine Theurge 9 / Divine-Psionic Theurge 9 / Arcane-Psionic theurge 9/Whatever 4

You have 21st level casting in all three classes, plus those 4 levels of whatever you prefer.

Sith_Happens
2012-10-15, 09:56 AM
Also i response to are we actually god question, yes.

Okay, the probably the single most important question is, precisely how many divine ranks do you have?

nyjastul69
2012-10-15, 10:55 AM
Yes. Someone has to dm this. The reason we dont play these very often is because noone will dm. I need some tips about getting saves really high. Every round i can deal 48 potential negative levels, but they get a fortitude save vs each one. Also one of my foes can deflect rays spells with a feat, so i need dcs for hold monster high. Also i response to are we actually god question, yes.

Deities are immune to energy drain, unless it comes from a deity with equal or greater divine ranks. You haven't clarified how many divine ranks you have. Much of your power will come from these.

Annos
2012-10-15, 04:00 PM
Thought bottle + epic spells + Craft artifact to create TONS of orbs of annialation...

Gavinfoxx
2012-10-15, 04:01 PM
With 40 levels, why not just, you know... do one of the ways to give yourself divine ranks?

dwlc2000
2012-10-15, 06:50 PM
Ok, i guess were gods, but gods without divine rank or that stuff i dont know about, so ability wise we just call ourselves gods

Gavinfoxx
2012-10-15, 07:28 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/divineRanksPowers.htm
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/divineMinionsDomainsSpells.htm

dwlc2000
2012-10-19, 04:09 PM
please reply!