PDA

View Full Version : Adult (Pkmn World) [3.5]

Cipher Stars
2012-10-14, 09:44 PM
I'm finally playing pokemon White, typical how I always get things... what... like a year after they come out?

I noted once again how adults don't seem to have bedrooms, then I realized... It's because they grow out of the ability to sleep! Perhaps to to extraordinary amounts of coffee which also addles their brains, counting for how it seems to fall on young people to run the world and go out on adventures right in harms way right from age 10. So... here is the Pokemon's Adult!

Adult racial traits
Wis -4, Cha +2 Adults are silly headed and exuberant.
Size: Adults are medium sized.
Adults have a base land speed of 30ft.
Sleepless (Ex): Adults lose the need for sleep and cannot naturally go to sleep if they wanted to. They are not immune to sleep effects, fatigue, or exhaustion.
Addled Mind (Ex): Adults aren't all there in the head. They take a -2 to will saves. In addition, they cannot recognize actions that common sense would dictate are stupid or dangerous, especially if it involves children.
Asexual (Ex): Adults have no idea what the word "sex" even is. There is no such thing in their minds. Adults reproduce purely by the power of thought, which materialized a newborn baby out of thin air. Adults are immune to any spell or effect that would conflict with this belief, such as anything that would induce desire or even render them naked (There is a spell or two that does such a thing).
Manifest Apparel (Su): Like all those of the pkmn world, Adults are sealed into one outfit. They never get to remove this outfit, but it refreshes itself each morning and night. Their outfit evolves over time as the adult develops a profession and remains related to that profession for all time.
Skill Bonuses: -4 Listen, +4 Profession, +4 Knowledge (Any one).
Automatic Languages: Common
Favored Class: Commoner

Feat:
Manifest Alternative Wear:
Requirements: Manifest Apparel racial ability.
Description: Your Manifest Apparel ability can also manifest a second outfit, such as a swimwear or sleepwear.

Amechra
2012-10-14, 09:56 PM
This is pretty funny, actually.

So, I have to ask... what happens if they walk into an Anti-Magic Field?

They do make pretty funny Paladins... and I kinda want to expand Manifest Apparel.

And what action is it to create an infant?

Cipher Stars
2012-10-15, 12:16 AM
This is pretty funny, actually.

So, I have to ask... what happens if they walk into an Anti-Magic Field?

They do make pretty funny Paladins... and I kinda want to expand Manifest Apparel.

And what action is it to create an infant?

Mmm. Nothing. Their Manifest Apparel ability is Su, but the others are EX. The antimagic field would render manifest apparel null, thus causing them to be naked. But Asexual prevents anything that would do that, thus: Nothing happens.

How should Manifest Apparel be expanded?

Ah... full round action requiring a mated pair. Since there are husbands and wives in pokemon (Even if only one pair of the couple exists at once if there is a child). EGHASTS! I think I know how kids in pokemon are made- The missing parent... it IS the kid! Of course there are several enough instances that disprove that theory... blast I thought I was onto something there.

Mithril Leaf
2012-10-15, 01:37 AM
Funny? Yes.
Balanced? No.
I'd honestly consider playing it if you traded that penalty to initiative for something else. Wouldn't being super caffeinated at all hours make you quick to react anyway?

bindin garoth
2012-10-15, 06:24 AM
I grew up with pokemon. And the first thing I thought of when I say "Pkmn?"

Pikmin. :smalltongue:

Otherwise, it is pretty funny.

Roderick_BR
2012-10-15, 08:24 AM
The funny thing is that all that kinda applies to the children as well. When was the last time you saw a kid sleeping or going to the bathroom in Pokemon? (cartoons and characters being just sick in the game doesn't count). Your own main character seems to do his whole career in a morning. And in the games with a day/night system, it gets worse as you are awake and battling and capturing all day and night over without sleeping, eating, or changing your clothes.