PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Incarnum/ToB Knight

Jeff the Green
2012-10-15, 03:51 AM
So, I'm building a knight. Not as in the disappointing class in the PHBII, but the gestalt of it. I'm kind of wanting to make it an incarnum/ToB multiclass, possibly with vow of poverty.

It's just a build right now, but if it sees play it'll start at 7th. It should be capable of combat on its own, but it should ideally also play well with a large number of low-level villagers and/or followers behind it in a siege or battle. Pathfinder feat progression (every odd level) and skills. Homebrew would be great, since I haven't found anything that fits.

Any ideas?

juicycaboose
2012-10-15, 07:22 AM
There is a homebrew ToB class called the Sublime Knight (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=5st6nr26f3tuk6g1p6k04ega52&topic=2982) which might fit the bill for you

The-Mage-King
2012-10-15, 09:28 AM
Honestly? Incarnate X/Warblade Y/Martial Soul (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101416) 10 should work fine. Focus on White Raven, and you can be the leader you want to be. Devoted Spirit from Martial Soul is also good for being a Knight.

...That's about it.

Person_Man
2012-10-15, 02:15 PM
Incarnate 3/Knight 4/Apostle of Peace 4/Full Caster Progression PrC X.

Incarnate grants a wide variety of options, including Spell Resistance, DR, infinite healing tricks, Skill boosts, etc.

Knight grants Test of Mettle and other minor benefits.

Apostle of Peace (Book of Exalted Deeds) requires Sacred Vow, Vow of Peace, Vow of Non-Violence, and your requested Vow of Poverty. It offers fast casting progression, giving you 9th level spells at ECL 16, albeit from good but somewhat limited list. It also gives you Turn Undead, a no Save Calm Emotions, and Censure Demons. Nothing but spells after 4 levels though, so head into any other PrC that offers full caster progression.

Vow of Peace and Vow of Non-Violence boosts the Save DCs of all of your abilities and spells (including Test of Mettle), makes weapons break against you, and give you other abilities.

So your combos are rather strait forward. Use Test of Mettle, and enemies will hopelessly attack you, breaking their weapons against you. Your friends can incapacitate those who aren't effected, and then focus on the people who are one at a time. If an enemy isn’t effected by Test of Mettle, you can use Calm Emotions, Skills, or the many spells at your disposal.

Answerer
2012-10-15, 05:05 PM
Yes, you do all that.

And then your party gets to sit and watch, as they're not allowed to participate thanks to your Vows.

They'll really appreciate that, I'm sure.

Jeff the Green
2012-10-16, 04:48 AM
Incarnate 3/Knight 4/Apostle of Peace 4/Full Caster Progression PrC X.

Incarnate grants a wide variety of options, including Spell Resistance, DR, infinite healing tricks, Skill boosts, etc.

Knight grants Test of Mettle and other minor benefits.

Apostle of Peace (Book of Exalted Deeds) requires Sacred Vow, Vow of Peace, Vow of Non-Violence, and your requested Vow of Poverty. It offers fast casting progression, giving you 9th level spells at ECL 16, albeit from good but somewhat limited list. It also gives you Turn Undead, a no Save Calm Emotions, and Censure Demons. Nothing but spells after 4 levels though, so head into any other PrC that offers full caster progression.

Vow of Peace and Vow of Non-Violence boosts the Save DCs of all of your abilities and spells (including Test of Mettle), makes weapons break against you, and give you other abilities.

So your combos are rather strait forward. Use Test of Mettle, and enemies will hopelessly attack you, breaking their weapons against you. Your friends can incapacitate those who aren't effected, and then focus on the people who are one at a time. If an enemy isn’t effected by Test of Mettle, you can use Calm Emotions, Skills, or the many spells at your disposal.

Well, first of all, I meant knight as in the profession, not the class. Second, this is supposed to be a combatant, so VoPeace and VoNV won't work well.

Yes, you do all that.

And then your party gets to sit and watch, as they're not allowed to participate thanks to your Vows.

They'll really appreciate that, I'm sure.

Yeah, Vow of Non-Violence I can see taking in a Good party. VoPeace not so much.

Honestly? Incarnate X/Warblade Y/Martial Soul (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101416) 10 should work fine. Focus on White Raven, and you can be the leader you want to be. Devoted Spirit from Martial Soul is also good for being a Knight.

...That's about it.
Awesome. That's what I was looking for. Any other homebrew anyone's come across?