PDA

View Full Version : Draegloth Build

AlanBruce
2012-10-15, 04:27 AM
Greetings! I'm working on designing an NPC Draegloth (Monsters of Faerun, page 59) for a campaign. I have read its entry and have estimated its ability bonuses. Oddly enough, its ability modifiers indicate a melee class, yet its favored class is cleric, and the book mentions wizard as well.

I was wondering if anyone had used a Draegloth before, ideally one with an interesting build. The party in the campaign where the monster will feature should be about level 14 when they face it (they're currently level 10). If anyone has any ideas for a build for this amazing monster, please post them! Thank you very much in advance.

dantiesilva
2012-10-15, 12:09 PM
Well Drow judicator progress spellcasting and fighting. Perhaps you may want to take a look At the ICC and start from their. One good way to get both fighting and magic though would be perhaps through Hexblade, paladin of slaughter/Tryanny, or duskblade. I would suggest cleric only if you want a lot of divine feats, and are willing to burn them, otherwise use arcane strike and get rid of most of the spells you do gain because they will not serve you well. Saying the draegolths have four hands I would assume that you could use the two big ones for a greatsword, and the two small ones for a shield. Perhaps focus on the mount you get. Saying it is a spider you can count it as your familiar as well if you go the hexblade route and open up a whole can of cheese. Hope this helps.