PDA

View Full Version : Dread Witch/ Nightmare Spinner

ILM
2012-10-15, 08:28 AM
I'm building a Sorcerer 4/ Dread Witch 5/ Nightmare Spinner 5. Yes, Sorcs are meh and I've got two lost caster levels, but I just don't care.

I still have 3 feats available including the Human bonus feat, the level 3 feat and the level 12 feat. Other slots are taken: Dreadful Wrath, Invisible Spell, Fell Frighten, Practiced Spellcaster and Rapid Metamagic.

What other feats could I take? I'm happy to go with another LA 0 race if one sounds better than Human. I considered Shadow Weave Magic, but I'm holding it until I hear your input.

Also, I've only identified a few must-have spells (Kelgore's Grave Mist, all the usual fear spells, Aura of Terror) so suggestions are welcome.

Mishkov
2012-10-15, 09:08 AM
You have seen the fear handbook, right? http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809.0

For fear spells, remember to look up vision of entropy. It's in fiendish codex I, and people overlook it, but it's pretty broken if you think you can land it. Wings of cover is a solid choice for another low level spell too.

One thing I'd consider though is going gnome. It gives you a bonus to your illusions (and so many of the fears are illusions--or necromancy), and then it lets you go into shadowcraft mage which gives you some flexibility (especially as a sorc) and continuing power at later levels.

hex0
2012-10-15, 09:22 AM
Take the Dragonblooded ACF to get free Draconic Heritage, then pick up Draconic Presence for some free fear effects. You can nab some other Draconic feats as well. I'm a fan of Draconic Vigor and Senses. If you are focusing on Intimidate as well fear spells, there is Draconic Persuasion.

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-10-15, 09:30 AM
Another option is the rapid metamagic class feature from PHBII, which gives you a limited use of "quick" metamagic 3+int mod times per day. While limited in uses, it does save you a feat and allow for arcane spellsurge fun.