PDA

View Full Version : Cranthis'es Weekly Challenge #1

Cranthis
2012-10-15, 12:49 PM
So I have a bunch of extra time. So I'm gonna start posting build challenges!
As the title states, this will be weekly.
The challenges are going to be optimized builds, based around the class or prestige class i give you guys. These will be classes that are probably weak, to give you optimizers a better challenge.

Rules: Full 20 build, use the challenge class. Use this table:
NAME OF ENTRY
{table=head]Level|Class|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Skills|Feats|Class Features

1st|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

2nd|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

3rd|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

4th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

5th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

6th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

7th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

8th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

9th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

10th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

11th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

12th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

13th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

14th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

15th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

16th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

17th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

18th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

19th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

20th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities[/table]
This weeks challenge is:
Spellsword!
Feel free to post it in the comments, or private message to me. I will post the winner by Friday. Until then, have fun playground!
Edit: I forgot to put that it will be judged entirely on how well the build works.

Cranthis
2012-10-15, 02:26 PM
Final note: You must use at least 5 levels of the challenge class.

Aegis013
2012-10-15, 02:37 PM
You're probably going to need more exhaustive rules. If the goal is just the most optimized then you're going to have Pun-Pun with spellsword levels on top. You also may need to consider whether things like infinite wish loops, chain gating, and the like are within the realm of availability. These things have to be explicit at the beginning for a challenge like this to work reasonably.

Cranthis
2012-10-15, 02:42 PM
Its not meant to be reasonable. Its meant to see who can most effectively use something most people consider sub-par. People who just pun-pun and infinite loop aren't going to get great marks or anything.

Deadline
2012-10-15, 02:45 PM
Its meant to see who can most effectively use something most people consider sub-par.

Isn't this what the Iron Chef Optimization challenges on these boards are all about?

Cranthis
2012-10-15, 02:47 PM
Iron chef is more intensive as this. This is abit more relaxed, and for my own amusement. Its kind of like a new hobby-ish thing.

Aegis013
2012-10-15, 02:51 PM
Its not meant to be reasonable. Its meant to see who can most effectively use something most people consider sub-par. People who just pun-pun and infinite loop aren't going to get great marks or anything.

So people who accurately complete precisely what you asked within the limitations (not) given aren't going to get great marks? Am I the only one seeing the double standard?

Cranthis
2012-10-15, 03:41 PM
Well if they just go the pun-pun route, they arent exactly being creative. Everyone knows how to do pun-pun.

Aegis013
2012-10-15, 03:46 PM
Well if they just go the pun-pun route, they arent exactly being creative. Everyone knows how to do pun-pun.

Nothing in your challenge says creativity will be rated higher. Pun-Pun with spellsword levels is the objectively best answer to your challenge. If you want it to be taken seriously, and approached in specific ways, you need to be explicit about all the aspects of the challenge when it is issued.

Cranthis
2012-10-15, 04:00 PM
Once again, its just meant to be for fun. Nothing so serious as you are trying to be.

Roland St. Jude
2012-10-15, 04:16 PM
Sheriff: We have one of these threads already. We don't need additional ones. One thread per topic, please.