PDA

View Full Version : Preparing known spells?

Cranthis
2012-10-15, 05:39 PM
I am sure the forum is sick of all my posts in the last few days, but here is another :smallsmile:

Lets say I am a sorcerer 4/ wizard 4. Can I use my wizard spell slots to prepare the spells I know as a sorcerer?

Jeraa
2012-10-15, 05:52 PM
No. You must prepare your wizard spells in your wizard spell slots. Your sorcerer spell slots can only be used to cast your sorcerer spells.

Hirax
2012-10-15, 05:57 PM
If you go to the glossary in the back of the PHB, it defines spells known for a wizard as what's written in their spellbook. So if you know it as a sorcerer but don't have it in your spellbook, you can't cast it from your wizard slots.

Cranthis
2012-10-15, 05:58 PM
Ok. Good thing there are feats for situations like that.

tyckspoon
2012-10-15, 06:00 PM
If you have some time, tho, you can use your Scribe Scroll feat to add your Sorcerer spells to your Wizard spell book; craft the scroll with your Sorcerer spell, copy it back from the scroll to the spellbook.

(Also don't ever be a Sorc 4/Wiz 4. If you want to be both a spont/prep caster, for the love of Mystra at least go into Ultimate Magus.)

Cranthis
2012-10-15, 06:26 PM
(Also don't ever be a Sorc 4/Wiz 4. If you want to be both a spont/prep caster, for the love of Mystra at least go into Ultimate Magus.)

haha don't worry, i know. I would never do that unless it was for ultimate magus, but even then there are better ways. I only typed sorc/wiz for quickness. I'm actually making a Duskblade/wizard

only1doug
2012-10-17, 08:03 AM
Consider also the illumian race, one of the sigil combinations allows you to cast your prepared spells from your spontaneous slots.