PDA

View Full Version : A Psion/Soulknife/Elocator build help-Pathfinder

AzazelSephiroth
2012-10-15, 11:15 PM
Hey all,

I will be starting in a campaign soon and would like some of the Playground`s super advice on my character.
He is both a veteran of a recent civil war and a succsessful merchant, who owns a shipping company in a Steam Punk version of 18th century Britain. He is part of the ruling class but fights against its tyranny, a la Zorro or the Shadow. By day a wealthy, succsessful business man, at night a shadowy adventurer type.
I have rolled stats and got 16,16,14,14,14,17. I want human, both for story and because I love me the extra skil point:smallsmile: He is a Psion (nomad)-Soulknife-Elocator... Now I know this may not be a super powered combo, but the flavor and the style is the key for me. We are using Pathfinder versions of all the classes but still have access to 3.5 material if we desire. We start at 6th level, get 2 flaws and 2 traits, and each level of Elocator that increases Psionic ability works for both Psion and Soulknife. Please give me any and all suggestions you can for building him beyond level 6, up to 20 even, although our sweet spot will probably be levels 10-16.

Here is my soft build so far:
Str16,Dex16,Con14,Int17(+1lv4 for 18),Wis14(+2human for 16),Cha14

Feats- Psicrystal affinity, Practiced Mind Blade, Dodge...

Skills- Profession Merchant is key for story, Acrobatics for Elocator and flavor, Psicraft, Stealth, Diplomacy/Intimidate...

Powers-Conceal Thoughts, Broker, Cloud Mind, Force Screen...

As you can see I could use some advice for clever feat combos, powers, and skill ideas. So please any and all help would be greatly appreciated! I love the idea of using his Psion powers for stealth and intrigue and always having a weapon on hand, even when he is carrying nothing.

Thanks in advance!

ThiagoMartell
2012-10-16, 06:29 AM
I'm guessing you're only dipping Soulknife for one level and that's why you don't have any blade skills listed.
Do you have access to Vigor as a Nomad?

Axier
2012-10-16, 07:13 AM
I'm guessing you're only dipping Soulknife for one level and that's why you don't have any blade skills listed.
Do you have access to Vigor as a Nomad?

Vigor is a "universal".

I feel that this is going to bring up Shared Pain targeting psicrystal, using vigor on yourself, sharing it with your psicrystal.

Giving you 5 temp HP per 1 PP to both you and your psicrystal, and then you share damage to your psicrystal, halving the HP between both the player and the psicrystal's temp HP.

Also, I would recomend Solicit Psicrystal / Control Body. This gives you a few extra attacks on your psicrystal's initiave, but I believe as written, you lose your AoOs. This could free up your round to manifest, while you take your physical actions on your psicrystal's turn.

Psyren
2012-10-16, 07:30 AM
Do you only have Psionics Unleashed, or can you use Psionics Expanded material as well? What race are you?

AzazelSephiroth
2012-10-16, 07:55 PM
Sorry, I didn`t give more details- My current build is Psion3/Soulknife2/Elocator1 at level 6.

I have access to any and all published material... but this is my first time playing a Psion character before. DM is also allowing 1 dicipline only power from a resticted dicipline each time I get a new level of powers. (ex when I get lv2 powers I can choose 1 from a restricted dicipline list:smallsmile:)

I am/want to be human, this if for story reasons and the versatily of an extra feat the extra skill point a level, but I could change this if people have a better suggestion.

I am open to complete build ideas and cool power combos/feat uses as well. Basically I would like this character to be able to knock some socks off and when it comes to amazing builds the Playground never dissapoints. Only stipulation is nothing that will have a DMG thrown at my head:smallredface:

AzazelSephiroth
2012-10-21, 08:06 PM
Bump-Anyone?

Psyren
2012-10-22, 09:13 AM
The Psion and Psychic Rogue handbooks in my sig should give you ideas for skirmish-y powers to take. They are 3.5 but very little has changed from a Nomad perspective. My (incomplete) Psionics Unleashed handbook can give you an idea of which powers have changed.

@ Axiel: Control Body has been nerfed so that's not a good idea anymore. (Held targets are staggered - good news if you were debuffing with it as intended, but bad news if you were trying to turn yourself into a mental marionette of martial might.)

AzazelSephiroth
2012-10-25, 02:11 AM
Thanks Psyren!
And everyone! I got some nifty ideas to play with!:smallsmile:

Axier
2012-10-25, 10:06 AM
The Psion and Psychic Rogue handbooks in my sig should give you ideas for skirmish-y powers to take. They are 3.5 but very little has changed from a Nomad perspective. My (incomplete) Psionics Unleashed handbook can give you an idea of which powers have changed.

@ Axiel: Control Body has been nerfed so that's not a good idea anymore. (Held targets are staggered - good news if you were debuffing with it as intended, but bad news if you were trying to turn yourself into a mental marionette of martial might.)

Oh yea...

Well, if you can find a way to be immune to the staggered condition!