PDA

View Full Version : Master thrower question

killianh
2012-10-17, 04:48 AM
If I built a standard many shot style Dex thrower does the ability that modifies your attacks into touch apply to all of them, or does using said ability count as a standard action preventing full attack?

Umbranar
2012-10-17, 08:23 AM
For all I know it works for all attacks.
I havent played a mastertrower yet, but ive build one in the past.

eggs
2012-10-17, 09:25 AM
There's nothing about Weak Spot that forbids using it in other actions, but doesn't Manyshot specify bow attacks?

BowStreetRunner
2012-10-17, 09:38 AM
I believe you are talking about the Thrown Weapon Trick called Weak Spot. It is an extraordinary ability of the Master Thrower prestige class in Complete Warrior which you can take at 5th level in the class. A thrown weapon trick may be used with any weapon for which the character has taken Weapon Focus.

The Weak Spot trick allows you to make a ranged touch attack with a thrown weapon against a target your size or larger, although you do not get your Strength bonus to damage.

The trick can be used on any attack that qualifies - in other words, as long as you are throwing a weapon with which you have Weapon Focus and the target is your size or larger - it may apply. Note that you can choose not to use the trick if you would rather have your STR bonus than make it a touch attack.

I particularly like the synergy between this trick and the thrown weapon tricks Palm Throw as well as Two with One Blow. Palm Throw allows you to throw two weapons with one attack and Two with One Blow allows you to make a single attack against two targets adjacent to one another.