PDA

View Full Version : The Alpha Panda, Serenity RPG OC



Pages : 1 [2] 3

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-18, 02:58 PM
p. 145: "Every player starts a new campaign with 6 plot points."

Thanks, I've amended Greg's sheet.

Also, going to roll a Nose for Trouble about this job of Badger's. Since I think it's a warranted check (seems too easy, something he didn't tell us), I get +2 step to my Intelligence + Intuition roll.

+ + 1d8

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-18, 03:02 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I can't edit rolls:

[roll0]

Adlan
2012-11-18, 03:26 PM
PM sent. No worries.

Erasmas
2012-11-19, 12:01 PM
RE: On Board Romances: Just so long as it dosn't break forum rules and isn't the romantic equivalent of IKEA Erotica. Which I trust you guys not to do, shaping up well so far.

Yeah, trying to keep it as PG as I can... while still attempting to keep it from being cheesy and stale. Most in-character romances that I've seen RPed before tend to be very superficial and/or "selectively active" instead of constant and realistic. So far, I am very happy with what we've done... it seems to be developing depth.
:smallbiggrin:

Lentrax
2012-11-19, 01:59 PM
I also have had PCs with 'relationships.' Most of them usually became little more than 'This is how you woke up' plot points. Granted I also had characters for whom the brief 'I take him/her to my room' was a part of who they were, and some even led to interesting side quests.

But here I am glad to be trying to build a 'real' relationship with another character. I also will try to keep it PG. it may slip a bit higher, but I will keep it board friendly.

Also, have we heard from Unkabear yet?

Adlan
2012-11-19, 02:22 PM
Not yet. I have sent him a PM, but if we don't hear back soon, I guess I'll have to take over TAP.

What's all y'all's input? How long should I wait on him?

And should we recruit a new player to take over TAP or replace TAP?

Erasmas
2012-11-19, 02:34 PM
Besides, if it becomes necessary for it to be more than PG (or maybe PG-13), that's what PMs are for!
:smallamused:

As for what to do about Tap:
In the games that I run on here... if there is a player that disappears, I give them one month from the last post that they made. If I still have heard nothing from them at that point, I cut them loose (usually meaning, I try to find a cinematic/appropriate point for them to die).

I think, if we are going to recruit a new player, we should give them the opportunity to create their own new character. Me personally, I would hate to have to come in and "step into the skin" of someone else's creation.

Lentrax
2012-11-19, 03:11 PM
In my Pirates campaign a few threads down, there is a mysterious shipboard illness that seems to be working its way through the original crew of the Lady's Gambit. Hopefully it doesn't spread to the ast few members of the crew.

Erasmas
2012-11-19, 03:17 PM
Players disappearing from games definitely seems to be a massive problem on these boards. Years ago, I was playing in games over at Mass PbMB (and subsequently Kingdom of Mass) and it really was not ever that much of an issue that I can recall.

At first, I thought I had lost my touch and was just not being interesting enough to the players. But since I have seen it happen in games where I wasn't running the show and where the show was being run really, really well... I've come to realize that it's just the nature of the beast.

Adlan
2012-11-19, 03:20 PM
Well, in any case, taking a 7 for TAP and glad I didn't IC post it so I don't have to resolve it, you have enough to solve your complex task, and thanks to Lei, you also get to the mine first.


IC Post Today/Tommorow Morning.

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-19, 03:21 PM
Greg will share his insights on the job at hand with the Captain as soon as he's not otherwise occupied copiloting. Still around, just not much left for my character to do in this scene.

Lentrax
2012-11-19, 03:22 PM
Yeah, for some, life just gets in the way. And another thing too is the time issue. Things go by very slowly in PbP. things we could in ten or fifteen minutes at the tabletop, can take weeks on a board, maybe one day if everyone happens to be on at the same time. But it is a mjor issue, especially with younger folk, since it is hard to keep them interested in something moving real slow.

At least, that is my experience. No offense intended if you feel a part of the younger crowd. I, for one, am not.

By a long shot.

Adlan
2012-11-19, 03:24 PM
Greg will share his insights on the job at hand with the Captain as soon as he's not otherwise occupied copiloting. Still around, just not much left for my character to do in this scene.

Do you want to do it before my IC post? Feel free to move Greg to the Bridge as Lei and Jack man the Bridge and steer Alpha Panda through the comets debris field.

Aneurin
2012-11-19, 03:33 PM
Hmm. About Tap... I'd say give him some more time. He can always be doing some ship-side repairs/maintenence for a bit, then if he's not back by the end of the scene find a way to quietly write him out - perhaps he gets sick and we have to leave him in a hospital somewhere.

That way he has plenty of time to come back, and if he's had to vanish due to unforseen personal circumstances he's not been completely written out of the game if he'd like to rejoin.

Adlan
2012-11-19, 04:15 PM
Hmm. About Tap... I'd say give him some more time. He can always be doing some ship-side repairs/maintenence for a bit, then if he's not back by the end of the scene find a way to quietly write him out - perhaps he gets sick and we have to leave him in a hospital somewhere.

That way he has plenty of time to come back, and if he's had to vanish due to unforseen personal circumstances he's not been completely written out of the game if he'd like to rejoin.

He's not been on GITP in a week, so I've dispatched him another PM. The Asteroid Mine might be a good place to introduce a new crew member.

Erasmas
2012-11-19, 04:56 PM
Yeah, for some, life just gets in the way. And another thing too is the time issue. Things go by very slowly in PbP. things we could in ten or fifteen minutes at the tabletop, can take weeks on a board, maybe one day if everyone happens to be on at the same time. But it is a mjor issue, especially with younger folk, since it is hard to keep them interested in something moving real slow.

At least, that is my experience. No offense intended if you feel a part of the younger crowd. I, for one, am not.

By a long shot.

Definitely... and I have had players IRL that have issues that crop up and take them from the table. And I tell them all, "Hey, this is just a game... and I know that it takes up a lot of time (we play weekly in my main group). Real life comes first, every time."

And yes, I have always kind of hated how slow the pace is in PbP, but again... it comes with the territory. But the trade off is how in-depth you can get with writing out characters' thoughts, saying things in character without causing OOC emotions/awkwardness, and building a much stronger narrative.

I'm certainly not a part of the young crowd anymore. I'm 32, though several of my players are ~25-ish. I've known them all since they were 14 though, so they kind of keep me younger than I really am.

Voltaire
2012-11-20, 08:51 AM
Shooter's still here, guys, just had a busy couple of days.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-20, 11:20 AM
I'll be trying to get into character development a bit more once we hit the bar that serves drinks with frilly pink umbrellas. I'm just imagining that Lei would be almost all business on the bridge as a result of the Alliance training.

Erasmas
2012-11-20, 11:40 AM
Cgrela: I can see that, for certain. I think it makes a lot of sense. For one, I am really enjoying the way that you are playing her.

And Cole is pretty much just going to ready himself by the airlock (or the cargo bay door, or wherever the planned exit is).

Erasmas
2012-11-21, 12:20 PM
Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it)!
And if you do not... then have a Happy Rest-of-the-Week (and maybe eat some turkey)!

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-21, 07:32 PM
Persuade: [roll0] + [roll1]

Erasmas
2012-11-21, 10:42 PM
Cole is just going to stand there and not look any more threatening than he absolutely has to (dressed in armor, brimming with weapons... and two grenades).
:smallbiggrin:

Adlan
2012-11-22, 09:50 AM
Lei, and Jack Perception roll to notice the sensor readings in all the excitement.

Easy Roll for Jack, -2 step for Lei as she's also running through. But I think her finely tuned pilots sense might still notice.
Sensor Readout

Griffen Class
Dimensions: 220xBx47 feet
Tonnage: 2,032tons.
Speed Class: 4 cruise / 6 hard-burn
Crew Quarters: 2 double, 4 single cabins Fuel Capacity: 70 tons (700 hrs)
Cargo Capacity / Maximum Deck Load:
375 tons in hold #1
Passenger Capacity: four (2 double
occupancy cabins)

The picture shows an ugly as sin ship comming in, and enganging with the auto coupler, docking with #2 and if it's as slow as the one you used, you've only got a couple of minutes till company is here.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-22, 09:55 AM
Alertness [roll0] + Perception (-2 step) [roll1]

Adlan
2012-11-22, 09:58 AM
Well, that's still an easy success.

Adlan
2012-11-22, 12:43 PM
Voltaire, your actions definitely demand an Intimidate Roll. :smallbiggrin:

Voltaire
2012-11-22, 01:06 PM
This will likely not be a good roll, because poor Shooter has nothing related to Intimidation except, maybe, Willpower...

[roll0]

Aneurin
2012-11-22, 02:10 PM
Alertness + Perception

[roll0]+[roll1]

Adlan
2012-11-22, 02:25 PM
Waiting my OC post from either Jack or Lei who have both spotted the sensor read out.

Adlan
2012-11-22, 03:42 PM
I just want to know, why do you think the other ship works for Badger, and not one of his Competitors?

And what kind of package do you think you'll be smuggling from an ice mine?

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-22, 04:20 PM
Greg doesn't know anything about ice mines on comets in space. I guess that despite earlier conversations, he assumed they had to be smuggling something more interesting than ice.

As for them not working for Badger, didn't Badger imply that they were when he sent his Wave? I would assume he'd send a message with more urgency if it wasn't all the same to him who got there first.

Adlan
2012-11-22, 04:25 PM
Greg doesn't know anything about ice mines on comets in space. I guess that despite earlier conversations, he assumed they had to be smuggling something more interesting than ice.

As for them not working for Badger, didn't Badger imply that they were when he sent his Wave? I would assume he'd send a message with more urgency if it wasn't all the same to him who got there first.

Just as an OCC answer, Badger dosn't like you terribly either, and dosn't necessarily have perfect intel. He is just a businessman, after all.

And Comet Ice provides lots of essentials for the mining industry, so its top of the contraband list.

Adlan
2012-11-23, 08:54 AM
Everyone still having fun? Any feed back, anything You'd like me to try a different approach to? We're probably about to go into some combat rounds, would people like me to play it strictly by the book (which might slow us down some). I'd suggest we play it as just one OC roll one post, and your success or failure guides your own IC post.


Also, Unkabear hasn't been active on the forums for nearly 2 weeks. :smallfrown: Think we need a new mechanic.

I do kinda want one thing though, see, when I found this thread, I was actually looking for a home for:

Amiri Pakeha Khan M.Eng. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=184091) A young Mech. Eng. with a Stammer when he's nervous and a couple of glowing recommendations. His superstition's are at odds with his through grounding in the mechanical arts, but dadburnit if the engine dosn't run better when he's through.

So I'd like first refusal before we open it up to other applicants.
Backstory:
Amiri Khan is a First Class ships mechanic, with a degree from the Persephone School of Ships Engineering and Allied Subjects. He is one of the youngest graduates, sent to the school on one of the last ships from Shadow before it was bombed into a black rock. He was only on Shadow,, staying with relatives, because his parents, and the ship he'd been born on, had volunteered to the Independent cause.*

When shadow was glassed, turned to a blackrock, Amiri was left only with his studies, and an endowment to support him till he graduated. He graduated *** laude and took a job on the first freighter that would hire someone as young as him that wasn't alliance.

He has been a ship's mechanic for over a year now, having just left a fulltime position as mechanic and First mate on the Arclight a firefly class tramp freighter.*

In this time he's seen the 'verse, and learned a lot about life. He's learned to fight from a samurai celebrity, got scarred, and burned and beaten and shot.

Since his last trip on the arclight, he's been hanging around various ports working his passage around the verse.*He's now looking for a new ship, with his toolbag, and omnimetre.

Amiri is a Tall, athletically strong and though scarred, both from his troubled youth on shadow, and the scrape's he's gotten into, on both sides of the law. Including memorable starburst burn scars on the palm's of his hands, a reminder to be more careful disarming boobytraps.*

Amiri Khan is a Tall young man, outgrowing the last vestigies of a lanky adolescence into a lean, muscular frame. He wears simple, tough clothing, knee high leather moccasins, boiler suit's, dungaree's, plain white t-shirt's that always seem to get stained. His Fathers Browncoat, he dosn't wear so much any more, instead opting for a sheepskin jerkin. At his waist, two belt's, his gun belt, with it's independent service pistol, and his tool belt, with all the myriad accoutrement he might need. His Shoulder bears a Fresh healed *Tuhonohono tattoo, marked with his tribal heritage from his mother, Anya Pakeha, and the ancient patterns that told of his profession, Tohunga tārai waka. What an outsider might think of as 'Te Moko'.*

He comes across as a very capable man, if young. Confident in his abilities to get almost any ship running.
Apart from his stammer, which strikes him at the most inopportune moments, he's one he'll of a spanner hand for the wages he's asking, room, board and a standard engineers cut. And he's not joining to see the sites. He's no problem working a few 'perfectly legitimate' jobs to add to his nest egg for his very own shipyard.

He's a voidborn though, and never happier than when on a ship.

Adlan
2012-11-23, 10:46 AM
Questions:
1. What's your character's greatest accomplishment / fondest memory?
Greatest Accomplishment: Most would say his degree, he would say getting his first job as a ships mechanic. Fondest Memory, a parting night with his old martial arts instructor that makes him blush to recall.

2. What's your character's worst nightmare?
The first time he killed someone, a crew mate who went psychotic and was shot in the struggle. He doesn't have that nightmare often. Occasionally he dreams that the gun was really empty, and he died instead.

3. What're your character's views on the other side, whichever side that is?
The only side worth being on is the side between a decent person and a scumbag, both exist on every other side there is.

4. On a scale from 1 to genocide, how far would your character be willing to go to get what he/she wants?
Killing in Defence of Self or Others, or Property (someone steals your ships spare parts, that is killing in selfdefence on the rim)

5. On a scale from 1 to death, how much would your character be willing to sacrifice to protect his/her interests and/or the others?
3, he's willing to sacrifice personal things, but not in his duty. Duty comes before personal.

6. Is there anyone in the 'Verse who wants your character dead? If so, who / what organization(s) / how badly?
None that Amiri is aware of, though Mr Niska was owed money by a ship Amiri crewed, which eventually defaulted, so Amiri isn't too keen on Niska, especially as his friend, the ships pilot, was 'kidnapped' and is somewhere in Niska's organisation. He hopes.
7. What is your character working for? (Money, fame, adventure, survival, etc.)
To live and work the best life he loves, as a ships engineer in the black.

Erasmas
2012-11-23, 10:50 AM
I am definitely still enjoying the game! And yeah, the one OC post per 'ground's dictating the IC action works really well for me.

And I think having your character as the new mechanic is fine. I trust you enough to not favor him over any of the others!

Also, am I reading the map wrong? Is there a way for us to get to the other coupling without going through their establishment (which would also mean going right by the armed men)?

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-23, 10:52 AM
Looks good to me, Adlan :smallbiggrin:.

I'm not sure how you'd like to run it, but in the old game Greg was in, the Storyteller decided my gloves didn't require an attack roll if I could touch te target in a non-threatening way out of combat.

The general plan here is to knock out their leader before any fighting breaks out. He won't do it unless he feels they're here looking for trouble; if he's convinced this can e resolved peacefully, he wont jeopardize that by knocking someone out. With his left hand, Greg is fingering his smoke grenade.

Edit: @ Adlan
Apart from Initiative, is there any roll you want to convince the other gentleman to shake hands with Greg? Persuade, Intuition and Acting have the same modifier for Greg.

Adlan
2012-11-23, 10:58 AM
I am definitely still enjoying the game! And yeah, the one OC post per 'ground's dictating the IC action works really well for me.

And I think having your character as the new mechanic is fine. I trust you enough to not favor him over any of the others!

Also, am I reading the map wrong? Is there a way for us to get to the other coupling without going through their establishment (which would also mean going right by the armed men)?

Knew I forgot something, they do nothing as some of your guys move off round the edge of the dome, too scared to break the stale mate. They are in the centre by the house, you can go round the edge.


Okay, Bad Guys get some Actions:
Fox: [roll0] +[roll1]
Evan:[roll2] +[roll3]
Jack:[roll4] +[roll5]
Mordecai:[roll6] +[roll7]
Ludlow:[roll8] +[roll9]
And I require an Agility + Alertness roll and their actions roll from anyone involved in the combat.

Erasmas
2012-11-23, 11:09 AM
Oh... okay! I had forgot that there was atmosphere on the asteroid! I though all of this was taking place indoors!

Cole: [roll0]+[roll1]= 2

EDIT: Awesome... that's the sound of the die roller screwing me again. Lol

Adlan
2012-11-23, 11:10 AM
Looks good to me, Adlan :smallbiggrin:.

I'm not sure how you'd like to run it, but in the old game Greg was in, the Storyteller decided my gloves didn't require an attack roll if I could touch te target in a non-threatening way out of combat.

The general plan here is to knock out their leader before any fighting breaks out. He won't do it unless he feels they're here looking for trouble; if he's convinced this can e resolved peacefully, he wont jeopardize that by knocking someone out. With his left hand, Greg is fingering his smoke grenade.

Edit: @ Adlan
Apart from Initiative, is there any roll you want to convince the other gentleman to shake hands with Greg? Persuade, Intuition and Acting have the same modifier for Greg.

They all have pistols drawn, and if you are looking to resolve this one peacefully, they'll have them pointed at your head before you can finish. Of course, where you go from there as they aren't expecting shock gloves is up to you.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-23, 11:17 AM
I view Amiri as a welcome addition to the crew.

I've really no complaints about the playstyle or anything.

Lentrax
2012-11-23, 11:23 AM
Rolling for Sia:
[roll0]+[roll1]

I also don't see a problem. DMPCs haven't really ever been trouble for any of my groups.

Apparently, Cole and Sia are making out or something... We're hopeless. :smallsmile:

Adlan
2012-11-23, 11:32 AM
Rolling for Sia:
[roll0]+[roll1]

I also don't see a problem. DMPCs haven't really ever been trouble for any of my groups.

Apparently, Cole and Sia are making out or something... We're hopeless. :smallsmile:

You are at the back in any case, so it's makes sense you are the last to react. As I understand it, Cole and Sia are near Docking Coupler #1, Greg right by Docking Couple #2, and the others in cover, ready to fire on Docking Coupler #2, but that's determined by them when they post I think.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-23, 11:43 AM
Lei is going to try and bring the local yokels on to our side.

Willpower [roll0] + Persuasion (+2 step bonus for Sweet and Cheerful, as I'm going to do this all friendly-like) [roll1]

Adlan
2012-11-23, 11:46 AM
Average Success, so they won't shoot you as you approach, and are scared enough of the situation to hear you out.

Lentrax
2012-11-23, 01:41 PM
Well, I guess we are about to see how well we stand up in a fight.

Not too bad, I hope.

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-23, 02:10 PM
Also, for the sake of the players who have invested in cool combat maneuvers instead of social skills or skill monkey skills, I don't think we should handwave combat with a few rolls. After all, combat is pretty much the definition of a complex action, and unless it's a truly trivial encounter, I don't think it can be approximated in a satisfying way.

Greg's not even very optimized for combat, but I have at least invested some points and cred into making him not immediately die.

Adlan
2012-11-23, 02:16 PM
Also, for the sake of the players who have invested in cool combat maneuvers instead of social skills or skill monkey skills, I don't think we should handwave combat with a few rolls. After all, combat is pretty much the definition of a complex action, and unless it's a truly trivial encounter, I don't think it can be approximated in a satisfying way.

Greg's not even very optimized for combat, but I have at least invested some points and cred into making him not immediately die.

The way I see it is people with their custom biz going:

I want to fight the guy. I'm going to try and do X. This means I get a roll of Z+Y.

then they check it's success or failure, and post IC.

Lentrax
2012-11-23, 02:42 PM
Well, I put quite a few skills in seeing people not die, so w will see how that goes, yeah?

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-23, 02:43 PM
The way I see it is people with their custom biz going:

I want to fight the guy. I'm going to try and do X. This means I get a roll of Z+Y.

then they check it's success or failure, and post IC.

Oh, I misunderstood. Yeah, that's good; rolling here first so that the narrative IC isn't broken. My bad.

In that case, Greg inish (I think, sheet's not handy on my phone)
[roll0]

Aneurin
2012-11-23, 02:43 PM
I like the way the game's playing and feeling so far; and I have no problem with your mechanic - it seems only fair, after all.


Jack's staying on the Panda for this one - ready to provide a faceful of buckshot for anyone that tries to take over his bridge.

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-23, 03:44 PM
Alright, I think I know what Greg will do. He is going to try and approach their point man non-threateningly and then use the shock gloves to knock him out, using him as a shield in case his friends start shooting. He'll then roll his smoke grenade into the rest of the goons. Now, this could all go hilariously badly, but that is the intent. I'll roll the rolls here, and post them IC when Adlan gives the go-ahead.

@ Adlan: Rolls
Approach to within 10' of lead enemy.

Acting: [roll0] (Will + Perform (Act))
To convince them Greg wants to surrender as a hostage.

Gloves Attack: [roll1] (Agility + Rng Wpns)
Gloves Effect: I don't have my PDF of the rulebook handy, but it's the same as Jolt Gloves in (I think) the Newtech section. It comes with fairly high odds of knocking someone out.

Smoke Grenade Attack: [roll2] + [roll3] (Agility + Rng Wpns, -2 step for being the second combat action taken in this round)

Adlan
2012-11-23, 04:08 PM
Oh, I misunderstood. Yeah, that's good; rolling here first so that the narrative IC isn't broken. My bad.

In that case, Greg inish (I think, sheet's not handy on my phone)
[roll0]

Well, seems with that roll you act just behind most of the baddies, so they've got a gun in your face before you act. Let this affect your actions as you see appropriate.

Adlan
2012-11-23, 04:23 PM
Oh, he's he's within 10', don't worry
:smallwink:


Right:
Is the leader deceived (the others will follow his lead): [roll0] [roll1]
Dodge your unarmed attack [roll2] [roll3]

I guess for future reference, we should say that in the OC post, you roll your attack damage and so forth as if it will hit, and then ignore it if you miss.

For inflicting the damage to NPC's, write the actions from your end to be open ended, and I'll write the NPC's damage in my post.

Adlan
2012-11-23, 05:25 PM
Sorry for the Interruptions... cooking dinner.

Looks like we're at Bad Guys Actions which I managed to leave incomplete.

Dodge roll still applies to a ranged attack, but I have to roll shooting. Jack and Mordecai take a pot shot at greg, having readied the action. -2 step penalty but still it's [roll0] [roll1] for Jack and [roll2] [roll3] for Mordecai.

Adlan
2012-11-23, 05:31 PM
Okay, follow your own advice your numpty :smallcool:

Damage Rolls:
2 Pistols, [roll0] [roll1]

Greg, at a -2 step to your actions next turn, you can try to dodge their shots, if not, fancy writing the damage up to your self?:smallamused: (Oh the Evil! :smallbiggrin:)

Erasmas
2012-11-23, 06:14 PM
Questions (for when it is Cole's turn for action):
I am unfamiliar with this system. How does attacking/damage work? And what about defense?


Also, shameful plug for recruitment for a totally unrelated game:


Halo: Onyx Wind

The team is between missions and three of the seven members were KIA during the last one. Luckily, Operation: Ivory Initiative has been underway for several months in the event that team Onyx Wind should meet such a fate! You will play as a Spartan whose file has been reviewed by Fleet Admiral Harper himself and who has been pulled aside and evaluated for an unknown assignment!

Are you ready to answer the UNSC's call?

If so, find the OOC thread link in my signature and go post your interest there. The reason I am sending the PM to you is because I feel like you guys are the right kind of players that I am looking for to help this game out!

Adlan
2012-11-23, 06:22 PM
Question (for when it is Cole's turn for action):
I am unfamiliar with this system. How does attacking/damage work? And what about defense?
Hmmm okay, looks like I've done it wrong. For each point over and under your dodge roll, you take that much damage, so Fox takes none, because he dodges all the attack from greg.
Shooting is an Action, just like throwing a punch. so before rolling damage, I need to see how well Greg Dodges.

So I guess don't roll damage, I'll take care of all damage rolls unless I post what they are so you can roll.

In this case greg, you've got to dodge two attacks, at a -2 step penalty. If you fail to roll more than the attack rolls for each one, you suffer d6 wounds for each difference.

In Cole's case, just roll your attacks and post your actions open ended and I'll try and dodge if necessary and roll for damage.

But for now, I think bed.

Erasmas
2012-11-23, 07:07 PM
So... my attack would look like, this?

Agility: [roll0] + Guns (Specialty- Shotguns): [roll1] = 5

Adlan
2012-11-23, 07:30 PM
Yes, plus/minus various steps depending on prior actions (dodging for example, is a -2 step penalty), distance and so forth.

If anyone needs the rulebook, drop me a pm.

Creed
2012-11-23, 09:47 PM
Alright, Morgan is going to open fire into the enemy. Since he's using two pistols, I'd assume I make two attack rolls?

Right Hand:
Agility: 10-2=8, [roll0]
Guns (Pistol): 12+2(Talented) [roll1]

Left Hand
Agility: 10-2=8, [roll2]
Guns (Pistol): 12+2(Talented) [roll3]

Sunfall
2012-11-24, 04:05 AM
Rolling for operating the sensors...

Intelligence [roll0] + Technical Engineering [roll1]

(Or should it be Alertness?)

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-24, 02:05 PM
Does Greg being prone make it harder to actively dodge, but somehow also inherently harder to shoot? Also, does the smoke grenade go off soon enough to hamper their shots?

Adlan
2012-11-24, 02:35 PM
Does Greg being prone make it harder to actively dodge, but somehow also inherently harder to shoot? Also, does the smoke grenade go off soon enough to hamper their shots?

I was assuming you went prone as you tried to dodge, it's open if you got injured. You are upright when you make your attack, AFAIK. And the shots are readied actions waiting for you, as they won Initiative. They occur just prior to the grenade going off, so no, the smoke dosn't affect them, but will affect them next round.

@Sunfall
The sensors don't seem to be giving off any alarms, or obvious signs of any trouble, but you lack the knowledge and skills to read the sensors properly to get any significant details.

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-24, 02:44 PM
Dodge 1: [roll0]
Dodge 2: [roll1]

Adlan
2012-11-24, 03:12 PM
Okay, that's 8 wounds from the first shot, and 6 from the second, plus the extra Wounds from the Guns (I think I actually got it right first time, you guys roll your own damage). 14 Wounds and 7 Stun to Greg.

That's Nasty. Really Nasty.

@Creed, and Erasmas: Okay, now I dodge. I'll assume you fire at the nearest target, and Creed takes out the other two, but while there are rules for firing into a crowd, be specific as it's easier for me.

Jack [roll0] 10
Mordecai [roll1] 11
Evan [roll2] 6

And while I'm here, no rolls for the last gang member, he's no fool, he's retreating back into the ship.

Edit: So Jack Survives, but hits the deck to avoid the shotgun blast, Mordecai and Evan aren't so lucky. Mordecai gets winged, taking 1wound+d6 and 1 stun. Evan gets hit with 5 wounds +d6 and 6 Stun.

Roll for the damage and I'll get a new IC post up ASAP, but ASAP is probably tommorow right now, not in the right head space.

Been filling out forms and so forth all day, starting getting my arse in gear in learning to drive and emigrating.

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-24, 03:23 PM
I am wearing Ballistic Mesh. Doesn't that reduce damage?

Adlan
2012-11-24, 03:25 PM
I am wearing Ballistic Mesh. Doesn't that reduce damage?

Yes, yes it does!

These are normal bullets, so that's 21 points of stun damage, no wounds!

Still you must test of Unconciousness (you can try and get your second wind:• Second Wind: Once per day, a character can
“shake off ” some Stun damage, gathering inner
reserves and strength to keep flyin’ (or walking, or
whatever). Roll either your Vitality or Willpower die
(you pick!) to gain back that many Stun.
) However, I think this damage putsyou into shock points? The most greg can take is 18 damage of either kind, so that's 18 Stun and 3 shock points? That would knock him out for a while, so if you want to try and get your second wind before you pass out, that's cool.

The rules aren't explicit about it, but I am. We're Big Dam Hero's after all!

Creed
2012-11-24, 11:00 PM
So you want us to roll those damage d6's?
Okay:
Mordecai: [roll0]
Evan: [roll1]

Assuming that's what you wanted. If I'm wrong, whatever.

A heads up, I plan on stomping the guy who ducked to the ground to keep him in place for questioning. Do we want to pursue the runner?

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-24, 11:18 PM
Willpower: [roll0]

EDIT: And that seems to put me within 1 stun point of unconsciousness, keeping me awake, alive, but bruised and battered.

Erasmas
2012-11-25, 01:10 AM
Yeah, sorry... I had said that I was shooting the nearest target IC (but will clarify here in the future)! I am assuming since my target successfully dodged, then you don't need any more rolls from me for the time being.

Adlan
2012-11-25, 09:09 AM
Okay, so Evan and Greg are both Seriously Wounded (-2 step penalty to ALL actions).

IC post in Progress now.

Adlan
2012-11-25, 11:01 AM
Jack Steadman
OC rolls:
Unarmed all out attack. +2 Step

[roll0]+[roll1]

Fox
OC rolls:
Unarmed attack.

[roll2]+[roll3]
If he wins he'll try and stand up and use his pistol to Shoot Cole, as he's the biggest.
[roll4]+[roll5]

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-25, 12:12 PM
When it comes to spending plot points to increase a roll, is done only after the roll, or after the result of the roll is known? I would have spent plot points to make sure my stun attack vs. Fox was a hit, if I am allowed to do so after seeing his dodge result.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-25, 12:47 PM
So, are the yokels letting Lei into their computer systems?

Sunfall
2012-11-25, 01:14 PM
@Shadow_Elf: After a roll, you can only increase the result of a roll by 1 per plot point. If you spend them before, you get additional dice according to the amount of plot points you spend (1 - 1d2, 2 - 1d4, 3 - 1d6 and so on).

@Adlan (spoilers, people :smallwink:):
I've got an idea. Don't know if it can work, though...

So, given Grace's former line of work, she would know about geodesic domes, wouldn't she? She would have gotten to know quite a few of them... Would she know off the cuff what a structure like that can endure? Or would you have me roll for it? Would Scientific Expertise/Geology probably apply here? The book talks about lab equipment, so that would fall under it, wouldn't it?

My questions are these:

How much damage can a dome like that take before it springs a leak or even collapses? Could handheld firearms, as they're in copious use right now, do serious damage to a dome like that? I'm guessing it's a bit more resilient because of the hostile environment...
Could we use our port cannon to damage the other docked ship without damaging the dome? Would the angle and distance to the structure work?


Pre-emptive roll, if needed :smallsmile:
Intelligence [roll0] + Scientific Expertise/Geology [roll1]

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-25, 01:24 PM
I understand that much, but I'm not sure when it is that I have to decide to spend them after the roll. If I can do it after seeing Fox's Dodge, I'll spend three plot points to turn the miss into a hit, which would affect the turn of his that Adlan just posted. If I have to do it before I know if he dodges, I wouldn't have spent them, since I wouldn't have known if it was a waste or not.

Adlan
2012-11-25, 01:28 PM
@Shadow_Elf: After a roll, you can only increase the result of a roll by 1 per plot point. If you spend them before, you get additional dice according to the amount of plot points you spend (1 - 1d2, 2 - 1d4, 3 - 1d6 and so on).

Yup, that's how it works. You can also spend plot points in a few other ways (I just remebered, I went to school with this guy) that sort of thing (we knew each other in the war. I know why he has Bubba tattooed on his left cheek).

You can spend plot points to make sure you hit if you want.



@Adlan (spoilers, people :smallwink:):
I've got an idea. Don't know if it can work, though...

So, given Grace's former line of work, she would know about geodesic domes, wouldn't she? She would have gotten to know quite a few of them... Would she know off the cuff what a structure like that can endure? Or would you have me roll for it? Would Scientific Expertise/Geology probably apply here? The book talks about lab equipment, so that would fall under it, wouldn't it?

My questions are these:

How much damage can a dome like that take before it springs a leak or even collapses? Could handheld firearms, as they're in copious use right now, do serious damage to a dome like that? I'm guessing it's a bit more resilient because of the hostile environment...
Could we use our starboard cannon (we're docked backwards, aren't we?) to damage the other docked ship without damaging the dome? Would the angle and distance to the structure work?


Pre-emptive roll, if needed :smallsmile:
Intelligence [roll0] + Scientific Expertise/Geology [roll1]

My Answers are this:
Premptive rolls are always good
Hard Success:
1. You are familiar with the basics principles of space habitats, and while you are interested in the garden set up that the Mine has, you recognise the Dome as one with a holographic projector, to prevent you getting homesick. The dome and its hologram can take 8 points of damage before being breached and 20 points before catastrophic failure. Catastrophic failure means that the suppression and emergency systems cannot keep up with the damage and the dome begins to evacuate its atmosphere into space.

Fortunately, it's not been breached yet.

2.Yes, Alpha Panda's gun should be able to bear on the rear of the other ship.




So, are the yokels letting Lei into their computer systems?
Sorry, I should have been clearer, they are in a state, too scared too really process your request at the moment. (Magic 8 ball says ask again later)

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-25, 01:33 PM
Alright, I will spend the three plot points I need to turn the six I rolled into a 9 and beat his 8 Dodge roll. He takes 1 Stun and has to make a Hard Vit + Vit roll or fall unconscious, taking 1d6 Shock in the process.

Adlan
2012-11-25, 01:48 PM
I understand that much, but I'm not sure when it is that I have to decide to spend them after the roll. If I can do it after seeing Fox's Dodge, I'll spend three plot points to turn the miss into a hit, which would affect the turn of his that Adlan just posted. If I have to do it before I know if he dodges, I wouldn't have spent them, since I wouldn't have known if it was a waste or not.

Ah, fair enough. You have until the IC post goes up. If you want to note in your initial post after your role that you are willing to spend plot points (up to X) to make it a wound, then that's fine, but the IC thread is usually the cannon.

Given you are about to touch both of them, I wouldn't be too worried. :smallbiggrin:

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-25, 01:57 PM
I suppose I'll let it go this time, to avoid messing up our IC cannon and forcing a retcon of some manner. I'll just make sure I land the shock this time :smallamused:.

Erasmas
2012-11-25, 02:06 PM
So... to dodge the guy's attack, I'd roll:
Agility - [roll0] + Unarmed Combat[roll1] = 11

And then on my turn, I can attempt an attack on him (using the name numbers, but with Strength added instead, for an overpowering-type maneuver)?
Strength - [roll2] + Unarmed Combat[roll3] = 10

And if I have the Fighthing Type trait, then I can declare a Block on his punches without incurring the step penalty, correct?

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-25, 02:24 PM
If that guy's trying to wrestle Greg, I basically get my hands on him for free, right? Do you still want me to roll an attack roll for the gloves, or is he getting shocked for free?

Adlan
2012-11-25, 07:11 PM
It's conceivable you don't get a hand on him, so still roll. But it's an easy task, not an attack.

Erasmas, correct AFAIK.

Erasmas
2012-11-25, 07:53 PM
Awesome, thank you!

Can I get the results of my rolls so that I can post IC, please sir?

Sunfall
2012-11-25, 08:23 PM
Rolling to set up the PA connection into the Dome. Hopefully shouldn't be too high a difficulty. Prepared to boost the outcome with Plot Points, though, if it's not enough...

Intelligence [roll0] + Technical Engineering [roll1]

Space Lawyer
2012-11-25, 08:25 PM
Lei is going to be hacking into the enemy ship from the terminal in the main residence. She'll be aiming at taking over the nav systems (especially the autopilot) and the airlock controls.

Int [roll0] + Tech (Hacking) modified by Math Whiz[roll1]

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-25, 10:38 PM
Easy Gloves Roll Vs. Assailant: [roll0], willing to spend Plot Points to make it successful if it isn't already.

Adlan
2012-11-26, 04:47 AM
Rolling to set up the PA connection into the Dome. Hopefully shouldn't be too high a difficulty. Prepared to boost the outcome with Plot Points, though, if it's not enough...

Intelligence [roll0] + Technical Engineering [roll1]

Jack has set it up ready to play Badgers Message, so you can now just reuse that set up. Success on your roll, please post IC!


Lei is going to be hacking into the enemy ship from the terminal in the main residence. She'll be aiming at taking over the nav systems (especially the autopilot) and the airlock controls.

Int [roll0] + Tech (Hacking) modified by Math Whiz[roll1]

You successfully achieve all the actions. You'll need to roll further to engage the autopilot and start the ship actually leaving though.


@Shadow_Elf, You get a good grip on Fox as he struggles with you, Hard vitality roll: [roll0] if he fails Fox passes out in your grasp. Either way, Fox dosn't get to stand up and shoot. If you don't knock him out, he continues to fight greg. Edit: He's out cold, go to town on writing up the fight.

@Erasmas Dodge is Successful, no Damage taken.
And he cant dodge you, only innate defence. [roll1] which will most likely fail. edit: it fails. Post up and inflict your damage.

Voltaire
2012-11-26, 09:31 AM
Argghh...

Not ideal timing with the few days' worth of poor availability...

Here is an attack roll...

Using the Newtech +4 Pistol:

[roll0] (Agility) + [roll1] (Pistol Skill)

Target: Fox

Please let me know if I've done something boneheaded, re: combat rules.

Adlan
2012-11-26, 09:34 AM
Argghh...

Not ideal timing with the few days' worth of poor availability...

Here is an attack roll...

Using the Newtech +4 Pistol:

[roll0] (Agility) + [roll1] (Pistol Skill)

Target: Fox

Please let me know if I've done something boneheaded, re: combat rules.

No, that's all good. Now roll your hypothetical damage, and we'll see how it comes out. If he's even awake to try and dodge.

Voltaire
2012-11-26, 09:42 AM
Roll for hypothetical damage:

[roll0]

Adlan
2012-11-26, 09:54 AM
Fox's natural defence, being as he's in no position to dodge.
[roll0]

Adlan
2012-11-26, 09:58 AM
2 stun and 10 wounds to Fox. Nice!

Now we get more claret spilled.

Edit: Because we moved on a round IC, I'm treating this as if you aimed last round (countering the effect of the smoke), and thus suffer no penalties to your roll. This explains how shooter can fire into a smoke bank that sam hawkes sees nothing in.

Voltaire
2012-11-26, 10:28 AM
Awesome, thanks Adlan!

Just in case things move forward again while I sleep (as of a few minutes from now):

Attack roll:

[roll0] + [roll1]

Damage roll:

[roll2]

To move things along, I'm also totally okay with you rolling Defense rolls for me, if you're so inclined!

Voltaire
2012-11-26, 10:39 AM
The observant fans of classic rock amongst you will notice that Shooter just quoted (or, rather, made reference to) Jim Croce's 'Bad, Bad Leroy Brown'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooq3JbWbdjk

Of course, Leroy got his ass kicked in that song, so maybe I'm tempting fate!

Erasmas
2012-11-26, 11:08 AM
Rolling for the damage from the punch...
Not sure if a fist is a d3 or a d4 "weapon", so here's both!

Strength - [roll0]
+
[roll1] (or) [roll2]

Aneurin
2012-11-26, 02:46 PM
Jack has set it up ready to play Badgers Message, so you can now just reuse that set up. Success on your roll, please post IC!

Uh, should I have rolled to set that up? If I should have, then I apologise.

Adlan
2012-11-26, 03:20 PM
Uh, should I have rolled to set that up? If I should have, then I apologise.

It's a simple task, and you had enough actions. If you want it done in the space of a combat round, then yeah, roll it. But normally, it's not required.

All I need from you now, is an IC post as your shouts will occur this combat round. I'll then post OC and IC.

Would people like me to introduce a new Engineer now?

Erasmas
2012-11-26, 03:50 PM
Sure. It's as good of a place as any other we're likely to come across!

Sunfall
2012-11-26, 03:59 PM
Do it! Do it! :smallbiggrin:

Lentrax
2012-11-26, 04:00 PM
Seems a good place to me.

Aneurin
2012-11-26, 05:28 PM
See above posts :smalltongue:

Yeah, I'm fine with the new engineer being introduced now.

Creed
2012-11-26, 08:55 PM
New mechanic. Rock and roll. To the mountain.

They will give her all they have, captain.

Erasmas
2012-11-28, 10:48 AM
So... are we still in combat, or?
Who's turn is it?
:smalleek:

Adlan
2012-11-28, 10:54 AM
It's my turn and I have to get the IC post up. Bare with me and I'll get it up ASAP.

Erasmas
2012-11-28, 01:29 PM
Oh, okay!
No worries!

Adlan
2012-11-29, 04:53 PM
You guys win! The Bad Guys have surrendered.

This isn't D&D though, the loot doesn't magically appear and they don't seem to be guarding any obvious and poorly locked treasure chests.

Aneurin
2012-11-29, 07:36 PM
Hey, I thought the loot was a new mechanic!

...It's not the best loot because we have to, you know, feed him, take him for walks and clean up after him - but it's sort of like getting a puppy, if puppies needed paying.

Shadow_Elf
2012-11-29, 07:41 PM
Are we just going to pretend Tap evaporated and we've been flying mechanic-less this whole time, or will there be a reason we find a new mechanic before we lose, IC, the old one?

Adlan
2012-11-29, 08:24 PM
Are we just going to pretend Tap evaporated and we've been flying mechanic-less this whole time, or will there be a reason we find a new mechanic before we lose, IC, the old one?

I was thinking he might fly off with the other ship, his saved pay would be enough to buy it at auction off the feds, the proceeds pay for the accused defence.

Unless we were plannin' a lyncin'.

Erasmas
2012-11-29, 09:49 PM
I think the ship could be a nice consolation prize for Tap to take home. Perhaps the anti-Alliance tensions onboard the Panda just got to be too much for him?

Voltaire
2012-11-29, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't roleplay it or do too much exposition.

Just have him disappear, maybe taking off with the other ship while we're all interrogating the 'turncoat'/loading the ice.

It could be a neat plot hook, down the road. Who was Tap, really?

Why was he on the ship, in the first place?

Why did he run

Will we see him again?

The background - as provided - might be what he wanted the crew to know. Perhaps it was less than entirely true.

Lentrax
2012-11-30, 03:22 AM
Rolling Intelligence and General Practice to begin treating whoever is the most injured.

+[roll]1d8]

Lentrax
2012-11-30, 03:24 AM
Sorry for double posting, but apparently I can't type tonight...

[roll0]

Which gives me a total of 11.

Adlan
2012-12-02, 06:26 AM
Will post, funeral to go to tomorrow, so bare with me.

Adlan
2012-12-04, 09:57 AM
Are we Okay to Wrap up the Main Scene.

I was thinking we might move on to some more focused scenes ones.

Looting the Ship: Tap and Lei and ?
Dealing with the Prisoners: Cap'n Jack, ?
Loading the Ice: Sgt. Hawkes and ?

Sunfall, if Grace is planning on hitting the, what at a stretch could be called, dirt for a stretch of legs:She'll notice the lovingly attended too gardens, and their green fingered owner, Ryan, busily repairing damage from the fighting.

If we sort out who'll be in what scene, and what' going on, we'll then jump in media res.

How's that sound?

Space Lawyer
2012-12-04, 10:01 AM
It sounds good to me. I'm feeling an argument between Tap and Lei is likely to happen as she'll want to strip the hulk bare, and he'll want at least enough to fly it to a Rim world and assemble a new crew. Lei will likely lose this argument.

Erasmas
2012-12-04, 10:19 AM
I'm good for a scene for Cole with dealing with the prisoners.
:smallamused:

Lentrax
2012-12-04, 10:19 AM
Sia can go help Jack with the prisoners. They need some tending to, I think. And if they don't right now, they will after Sia gives them an earful of carefully planned words about guns in an enclosed environment.

Maybe a description of what happens when you experience a sudden lack of environment...

Sunfall
2012-12-04, 02:47 PM
Yeah OK, I'd like that :smallsmile:

Shadow_Elf
2012-12-04, 02:49 PM
Greg will go where he's needed. If his talents are requested in scrapping or interrogation, he'll assist, otherwise he'll just nurse his wounds and chat with Grace by the garden, I think.

Aneurin
2012-12-04, 05:42 PM
Sounds good to me.

Perhaps Adrian could chat with the locals, or something? Him and Grace haven't had much screen time so far.

Adlan
2012-12-05, 07:08 AM
Looting the Ship: Tap and Lei
Dealing with the Prisoners: Cap'n Jack, Cole, Sia
Loading the Ice: Sgt. Hawkes, Morgan and Shooter?
In the Garden: Ryan, Sunfall, Greg and Adrian

Am I missing anyone?

Then we all come back for a big meal scene. It's not the verse without a meal scene :smallbiggrin:

Cgrela, you're lead for the looting the Ship scene, I'll PM you some IC and OC info.

Who wants the lead on the other scenes? It'll mean slight spoilers for the end result of this episode.

Erasmas
2012-12-05, 11:31 AM
Well... seeing as Cole would defer to Jack for leadership, I think it makes sense for the Captain to take charge of the scene.

Lentrax
2012-12-05, 11:38 AM
I was thinking about how I would play it if I took lead on it. It would probably start with yelling about what guns actually do to people, and end with what Sia would do to people who killed her friends...

Erasmas
2012-12-05, 11:41 AM
Although, I am fine with Sia taking the lead as well.
:smalltongue:

Shadow_Elf
2012-12-05, 01:06 PM
Greg talks too much. Happy to have someone else lead the casual scene.

Lentrax
2012-12-05, 03:55 PM
Yeah. I think Sia will take point on the prisoners scene.

Aneurin
2012-12-05, 05:35 PM
I'm fine with Sia taking the lead. Jack's a little hazy on prisoner protocol - ship battles don't result in capturing too many people, usually.

Adlan
2012-12-06, 06:26 PM
IC Post in Progress, please standby.

Narmoth
2012-12-07, 05:50 AM
Sorry for disappearing. Been busy with rl stuff, and the little I caught up on of action was not requiring Adrians response

Lentrax
2012-12-07, 07:54 AM
Making a roll for the interrogation:
Willpower+Influence: [roll0]+[roll1]

edit 1: Moderate success. I'll have the IC post up in a minute, already wrote part of it, so it shouldn't take long.

edit 2: Oh, that was so much fun to write. I am still laughing about it.

Adlan
2012-12-09, 10:42 AM
Okay, my plan for nice seperate scenes is getting fuzzy but that's all good :smallbiggrin:

Creed, I had Morgan placed with Sam Hawkes and Shooter, is your scene prequal to being there? or Would you rather be in a different scene? Either way is good with me.

All my posts as a player will have

Amiri

at the top, and I won't post in the same post as I am when I GM something. As it stands, if I'm now a player, all of you are now GM's too :smallbiggrin: Great post Lentrax.

Seems like Cole and Sia are heading over to join TAP and Lei, I'll post you into the scene in my next post if you're done with everything else?

Lentrax
2012-12-09, 12:19 PM
Thank ya kindly. And I believe Cole and Sia were heading to the medbay again.

I know Sia was, she really doesn't want a mess on her hands.

Aneurin
2012-12-09, 01:04 PM
My posting might be a bit erratic for the next two weeks, I'm afraid. The many, many joys of running Christmas events will be getting on top of me.

I'm hoping I'll be able to keep up a regular posting schedule, but I just can't guarantee it.

Lentrax
2012-12-09, 04:56 PM
I honestly feel bad for what I am doing to this NPC. Its just horrible.

And now I am going to knock him out on the toilet so he can't scream or get away...

I'm so horrible.

Creed
2012-12-09, 05:59 PM
Okay, my plan for nice seperate scenes is getting fuzzy but that's all good :smallbiggrin:

Creed, I had Morgan placed with Sam Hawkes and Shooter, is your scene prequal to being there? or Would you rather be in a different scene? Either way is good with me.

This would be Morgan leaving that conversation, seeing that he had little to contribute to most talk-y bits anyways.

Sunfall
2012-12-10, 06:48 AM
This made me smile for several hours :smallsmile:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7iwIRsabDH4/UJQG5PFvBEI/AAAAAAAAJeM/eSPZJKr3BEk/s1600/patrick_ballesteros_brownie_coats.png
Artist: Patrick Ballesteros (http://patrickballesteros.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/Brownie-Coats.html)

Erasmas
2012-12-10, 10:14 AM
Yup... that is awesome.
:smallbiggrin:

Lentrax
2012-12-10, 10:19 AM
Agreed. I squeed when I saw that.

Adlan
2012-12-10, 02:27 PM
Okay, Voltaire, do you want to post in the scene with Sam Hawkes? Cargo moving should require at least one crew member of Alpha Panda present.

Sunfall, I'm good with winding up the scene with Ryan. Narmoth? if you want to post in conversation with Greg, I'll continue that side separately.

And Ad'lan, get your arse in gear and write a good post from Amiri


Sorry, our new heater died after only 6 days, we had to get a new one installed before the cold returns. Priorities when you live like a redneck.

Adlan
2012-12-11, 03:25 PM
Intimidation rolls for Morgan and Cole then?

Erasmas
2012-12-11, 04:33 PM
Okay... let's see here. I guess it would be Willpower & Influence (of which I have none)? Not sure if I get any bonuses for being big and scary and mean-looking?
:smallbiggrin:

(Willpower) [roll0]

EDIT: Excellent! I am about as intimidating as a unicorn-shaped marshmallow.
:smallconfused:

Lentrax
2012-12-11, 04:38 PM
Daww, my big teddy-bear, hard at work. :smallwink:

Erasmas
2012-12-11, 05:00 PM
Clearly, I was meant to be the "good cop".

Creed
2012-12-11, 09:19 PM
That's okay, Morgan tends to be the bad cop without realizing that it's an act.
He just shoots people.

Alright, Willpower and Influence. Which is also none.
So, yeah:

[roll0]

Edit:
I am exactly 300% more intimidating. Sadly, that means very little. However, the main fear involved with Morgan is him, like, shooting you, which usually means intimidation isn't a huge factor.

Adlan
2012-12-12, 06:11 AM
Saddly, while the Steadman brothers are already convinced they are messing with the wrong crew, Ernest is made of sterner stuff, and won't crack and won't or can't tell you more than he has.

Adlan
2012-12-13, 11:17 AM
Rolls for Amiri
Rolling for Technical Knowledge on how salvageable the ship is.
Int (d8) + Ships Repair (d12) 1d8+1d12

Adlan
2012-12-13, 11:19 AM
Oy Vey! Also, passed my theory test today :D
[roll0]
[roll1]

Erasmas
2012-12-13, 11:49 AM
Oy Vey! Also, passed my theory test today :D
[roll0]
[roll1]

Congrats! On the test, that is... although the roll is pretty decent too.
:smalltongue:

Adlan
2012-12-13, 12:43 PM
PPS: If you have no ranks in a skill, you can still use the Stat associated with that skill. So Morgan could roll WP+WP for his intimidation. And then a +2 Step Bonus for having a gun in someone's face, or if he was in an argument, not responding to any verbal barb is gotta be worth some indimidation to someone who dosn't know why he can hold his tounge so well.

Shadow_Elf
2012-12-13, 05:24 PM
Are you certain he'd get Will Power + Will Power? That seems a bit odd, given that if you had, say, d12 will power, it would be best to invest in NO skills that used Will Power, so you could roll will power twice... I feel like that's likely not how it works.

Adlan
2012-12-14, 07:59 AM
Are you certain he'd get Will Power + Will Power? That seems a bit odd, given that if you had, say, d12 will power, it would be best to invest in NO skills that used Will Power, so you could roll will power twice... I feel like that's likely not how it works.

My Bad! Quite correct ignore that whole gubbinz, misremebering the rule book completely.

Shooter/Voltaire has had to drop out, so he'll be leaving on the same ship as TAP.

Lentrax
2012-12-14, 08:00 AM
Aww, well goodbye Voltaire! Perhaps we will see you around?

Keep flyin'.

Adlan
2012-12-14, 08:44 AM
Okay, I guess I'll write a post from Amiri and close up the other scenes.

Aiding lei look for my gear, Alertness only: [roll0]

Edit: Well, it'll take us a while then.

Adlan
2012-12-14, 01:06 PM
Cgrela, can you post your rolls OC? and then post IC? It really helps me keep track of rolls, and it means we're all doing it the same way.

Aiding Lei, Alertness d8+ Mechanical Engineering d6 +2 step bonus (d10) for Talented Mechanic, + I'm gonna spend 3 plot points* for an Inconsequential plot change in that we find something good on the bridge.

[roll0]+[roll1]

I want to encourage plot point use in future episodes, including more serious plot twists if you have enough and want to get creative :smallbiggrin:

So now I'm gonna randomly generate some techno babble.

The item we find on the bridge is a [roll2]1. Broken
2. Repairable
3. Modified
4. Custom
5. One Off
6. Newtech

[roll3]
1. Sensor Complex
2. Field Generator
3. Fire Control Unit.

* A thought occurs. I can't very well award myself plot points. Would you consider suggesting when you think Amiri (and not my GM posts) warrent one.

And on that note, 3 plot points to Lentrax, and one to Cole and Morgan.

Great torture scenes.

Lentrax
2012-12-14, 01:16 PM
One does what one can. :smallcool:

Thanks for the plot points.

Shadow_Elf
2012-12-14, 01:18 PM
Sorry to see Voltaire/Shooter go, I really quite liked Shooter's idiosyncrasies. Has anyone heard from Narmoth? I was trying to pull Adrian into a conversation since I was worried he's felt kind of sidelined since the rescue, but he hasn't responded.

Erasmas
2012-12-14, 01:31 PM
Yeah, that is unfortunate about Voltaire/Shooter. I'll miss hearing Emilio/Billy the Kid in my head.
:smallfrown:

And thank you for the Plot Point!

Adlan
2012-12-14, 02:49 PM
Anymore posts before we move onto the meal scene?

Lentrax
2012-12-14, 02:54 PM
I'm ready to go.

Erasmas
2012-12-14, 02:57 PM
I'm ready as well!

Aneurin
2012-12-14, 03:13 PM
Shame to see Shooter go. He was a fun character.

And yeah, I'm all ready to move on.

Narmoth
2012-12-14, 05:07 PM
I'm sorry. I have completely fallen out of posting. Will you just write my character out of the game, or should I try to catch up? Can someone then give me some kind of summary?

Adlan
2012-12-14, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry. I have completely fallen out of posting. Will you just write my character out of the game, or should I try to catch up? Can someone then give me some kind of summary?

Adrian so far is still in, if you want I can write him out, but I don't think he'd want to go on a ship bound to be turned over to the feds.

Shadow_Elf
2012-12-14, 05:10 PM
I put an asterisk in my post and then forgot to put a spoiler with the reason! I am just posting to keep up with the "current" events in the game; if you still want Adrian to chat with Greg, Narmoth, we can retroactively have that conversation in the IC thread.

Sunfall
2012-12-14, 08:30 PM
Sorry, had some bad news recently that threw me off for a bit... Will try to post tomorrow...

Lentrax
2012-12-15, 02:34 PM
Oh my. Sorry to hear that Sunfall. Nothing too terrible I hope?

Erasmas
2012-12-17, 01:07 PM
Hopefully everything has either worked itself out or will soon, Sunfall.
And if it doesn't... I hope that you can find a sliver lining in it all somewhere.

Sunfall
2012-12-18, 01:43 PM
Yeah, posting went well :smallsigh:

Thanks for the good thoughts, guys, it could be worse. My stance at the moment is that a setback like this can also be a new opportunity.

OK, and now I'm finally gonna post something :smallannoyed:

Aneurin
2012-12-18, 03:49 PM
Hope it all gets sorted soon, Sunfall. Or, better yet, has already been sorted.

Aneurin
2012-12-19, 05:34 PM
Kick me if I missed anyone out (or you really hate Jack's idea of where your character fits in the family).

Adlan
2012-12-20, 06:09 AM
Dough! idiot me, breaking my own rules.

Amiri rolls Ship Repair for his knowledge of fixing the part, D8+ d12 + Talented Mechanic (2 step bonus)= [roll0]+[roll1][roll2]

Adlan
2012-12-27, 05:19 PM
IC post coming tomorrow morning, JP with me and Aneurin.

Adlan
2012-12-29, 05:25 AM
That's a success Greg. But please roll in the OC thread, not the IC thread.

I'll have a post up this evening, sorry things are so slow right now. Solstice, Christmas and my grandmothers birthday.

Space Lawyer
2012-12-30, 02:37 PM
To install the field generator: Intelligence[roll0] + Technical Engineering (Hardware)[roll1]

Edit: I installed the hell out of that field generator.

Lentrax
2012-12-30, 02:55 PM
heck yeah you did...

Adlan
2012-12-30, 04:22 PM
Rolling to Repair the Field Generator: Intelligence[roll0] + Ships Repair [roll1] + Talented Mechanic [roll2]

Aiding Lei: Intelligence[roll3] + Ships Repair [roll4] + Talented Mechanic [roll5]

Adlan
2012-12-30, 04:40 PM
GM Me: Amiri will start to suffer exhaustion if you keep pushing him. The meal helps temporally but come one, the dude was tied up

I'll get a post from tap up soon, just need a break from writing for a while, sorry for the delays.

Lentrax
2013-01-06, 07:47 AM
Hiya, everyone! Just seeing what's going on.

Adlan
2013-01-06, 07:48 AM
We're all waiting on me, and I will be on it. I'm just extremely busy, climbed the highest mountain in england and wales.

Aneurin
2013-01-06, 08:54 AM
Cool - hope you had a good time. Wales would be Snowdon, right? One day I shall remember the highest in England.

Lentrax
2013-01-06, 09:34 AM
Well that does sound like it would be fun.

Never climbed a mountain myself.

Adlan
2013-01-11, 08:31 AM
The Medal reference is a little obscure, but it's based on real practice and stuff from the film, the Alliance allowed and continued to administrate Independent medals. Often they take a long time to arrive, as they aren't well funded or organised, and many veterans only encounter with the authorities long enough for their medals to arrive in the morgue.

The Independents sending out medals instead of ammo is based on a lot of old jokes from lots of wars.

Lentrax
2013-01-11, 08:41 AM
Yeah. I thought about using another war adage about the buying of farms, but decided to keep going with the medals.

Aneurin
2013-01-11, 01:38 PM
I wondered if it was a reference to the practice of discrediting former enemy commanders.

Any survivng officers after the quashing of a rebellion could, potentially, form the nucleus of further rebellions. How do you deal with this without coming across as brutal and oppressive - thereby causing yourself more trouble? You issue medals to them, publicly praise them for supporting your war effort at great personal risk as an infiltrator or a sympathiser.

The result? Their own side doesn't trust them any more.



I image the Browncoats caught on to the practice, and it's now a standing joke - anyone getting an Alliance medal's something of a hero.

Adlan
2013-01-11, 05:13 PM
I wondered if it was a reference to the practice of discrediting former enemy commanders.

Any survivng officers after the quashing of a rebellion could, potentially, form the nucleus of further rebellions. How do you deal with this without coming across as brutal and oppressive - thereby causing yourself more trouble? You issue medals to them, publicly praise them for supporting your war effort at great personal risk as an infiltrator or a sympathiser.

The result? Their own side doesn't trust them any more.



I image the Browncoats caught on to the practice, and it's now a standing joke - anyone getting an Alliance medal's something of a hero.

Both interpretations are valid.

Adlan
2013-01-18, 08:04 PM
Sorry I've been so slow to post, I will try and get something up in the morning.

I'll close the scene and the episode with NPC actions and conclusions to move us, on so if there's anything left to include, do so now.

Again, apologies for the delays, her name is Charlotte, and my friend say they keep hearing bluebirds sing when I walk past.

And visa applications open before Feb 1st, so it's all stations go.

Adlan
2013-01-19, 07:37 AM
Or apparently I'm not going to have the time.

I'm sorry this is so slow, I spent the whole morning filling in forms :(

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-19, 02:38 PM
No problem, RL always take priority.

Aneurin
2013-01-19, 04:07 PM
Sounds like congratulations are in order :smallbiggrin:


Don't worry about us, we're just happy to have a DM :smallsmile:

Erasmas
2013-01-30, 10:52 AM
*whistles*

So... do we have to stick a fork in this one?
:smallfrown:

Lentrax
2013-01-30, 11:00 AM
Depends. I'll PM Adlan and see.

Adlan
2013-01-30, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry, I guess I've really dropped the ball here. I want to continue, but I've been hitting IRL then writers block, IRL then writers block, it's been very frustrating.

Can someone volunteer to write Tap, wrap up this episode, I'm ready to roll up this episode and roll out the next, but I just can't write right now :smallfrown:

Lentrax
2013-01-30, 11:06 AM
Well that answers my PM. Feel free to ignore it. :smallredface:

Adlan
2013-01-30, 11:12 AM
Well that answers my PM. Feel free to ignore it. :smallredface:

No worries, I'm the one that's letting everyone down.

How about a Mini Reboot? We jump right into the next Episode with whatever cast we currently have.

Lentrax
2013-01-30, 11:18 AM
Sia's always ready to go. And I think folks know she's a bit more unstable than they thought she is.

Erasmas
2013-01-30, 11:30 AM
You're not letting me down, Adlan... I just didn't know what the status was. And sh!t happens, so no worries!

I am down for a reboot, absolutely! I don't know that I could write Tap out and cap off the episode, as I am afraid that I never really got a good understanding of his character in the first place.

But I am definitely ready to go forward playing Cole!

Space Lawyer
2013-01-30, 01:07 PM
Still here and ready to go.

Aneurin
2013-01-30, 01:29 PM
You're not letting us down at all.

Jack's still here :smallsmile:

Creed
2013-01-30, 05:24 PM
Still here as well

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-30, 10:03 PM
Still here, and good with whatever helps you get the game rolling, Adlan. Your call.

Lentrax
2013-01-31, 07:39 AM
Adlan, if you want to PM me a couple of notes on how the episode was going to end, I can try and write out a small cap scene, so we can do a bit of RP and get ready for your next episode.

Adlan
2013-02-06, 05:45 AM
Okay, Back in Epsiode 3. Much, Much appriciated Lentrax. Hopefully I'll be able to write more.

PS: Still now news from Canada :smallmad:

Roll Call:
Cap'n Rouge - Check

Jack Oregon - Check
雷铁翼 Léi Tiě Yì - Check
Dr. Sia Ling - Check
Tap - Off ship.
Some "Deck Hands"
Jeremiah Coleman -
Morgan Blake - [Check]
Greg - [Check]
Stirling 'Shooter' Young - Offship
Grace Willows -
"Passanger" Adrian Star recently rescued off a derelict that had been attacked.
New Engineer Amiri, Check

Anyone else?

Problems:
Comet Ice: If the crew is lookin’ to cool down their drinks, they’ve got the wrong kind of ice. The ice found in the comet has hydrogen and oxygen, but it also contains other frozen gasses — carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and methane. Allowing the ice to warm up past any temperature higher than -296.5º F (-182.5ºC) will start leaching off methane gasses into the cargo hold. It would be EASY for anyone with INTELLIGENCE to understand the danger this represents!
Suggested Solution from the Book:
Perhaps the best solution would be to leave the cargo hold open to vacuum for the duration of the trip. The crew needs to make sure everything is securely bolted to the floor and the rest of ship is properly sealed off for this to work! (Otherwise their load of ice is going to go back to bein’ a comet!)
Blockade:There are three Alliance Patrol Boats (the Victorious, the Redoubtable, and the Renown) in orbit around Regina.

I suggest we start with two scenes, though we could do one? I suggest a Bridge Scene, and a Cargo Hold Scene.

Feels good to write again.

Erasmas
2013-02-06, 10:37 AM
I am definitely still here!
Just be waiting quietly in the wings.
:smallwink:

Aneurin
2013-02-06, 02:38 PM
Hmm. How about the hold scene first?

After all, if highly flamable gas is an issue it may be best to find out about that before we plan how to fly through the people who may or may not try and shoot us down.


Also, for some reason the opening credits won't play for me - says the video's Private.

Adlan
2013-02-07, 04:55 AM
Hmm. How about the hold scene first?

After all, if highly flamable gas is an issue it may be best to find out about that before we plan how to fly through the people who may or may not try and shoot us down.


Also, for some reason the opening credits won't play for me - says the video's Private.

Try it now, should be working.

Okay, Hold Scene: Amiri will be there, anyone else, post away, I'll get the scene intro up ASAP.

Aneurin
2013-02-07, 01:14 PM
Okay, Intelligence it is.

[roll0]

Adlan
2013-02-07, 05:26 PM
Okay, time for me to pull a fast one, don't you love a Sci-fi Universe?

Controlling Ships Projection and modelling ice melt:
Intelligence: d8 + Technical Engineering Ships Systems: d8 [roll0]

Plus

Alpha Panda's Ships Systems Roll: Int d8 [roll1]

Adlan
2013-02-08, 09:31 AM
Okay, well that's a success on presenting Amiri's idea, keeping the cargo sealed, with the option to extend that with a little risk. There might be other options, but that's the best I can think. If anyone else wants to present an idea, you don't need to roll for sucess of it being a hologram, assume you've had amiri already program your idea, and roll for success. Depending on the feasibility of the idea will be the ease or success of it working.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-08, 01:43 PM
According to wikipedia, Methane Clathrates are stable at around -20 Celsius. The Black is a helluvalot colder than that. I also don't think we're at risk of it exploding in vacuum; even if methane is explosive, there's insufficient oxygen for any sort of combustion to take place. Even if fire upon, it should be safe; if the cargo hold's exposed to vacuum, I don't think any further precautions are altogether necessary.

Aneurin
2013-02-08, 02:50 PM
The main issue with doing that is that there's only one set of airlocks between us and a brief, painful death due to flash-freezing and explosive decompression.

Hmm. We could just drain all the oxygen out of the hold, though. That would mean that while an air leak would spell pretty rapid depressurisation, we wouldn't lose all our atmo, and there wouldn't be any risk or losing all our heat. That means those coolers can be relied on - or, even if they're not functioning correctly, emergency pressure dumps can be performed

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-08, 02:53 PM
That would work; I would say we could try to keep the crew on the bridge so we'd have a couple of airlocks between us, but that's its own kind of risky because then Amiri can't access a lot of our systems. Sucking out atmo out manually is a safer idea, but doesn't provide the free cooling of the void.

Aneurin
2013-02-08, 03:42 PM
Having everyone in the engine room might be safer - there'll be some heat from the engine and Amiri can get to the systems if there's a problem. At least, that's if we decide to kill the heating systems.

Plus (from an IC perspective) there aren't panicky civilians on the bridge if things go wrong.

Adlan
2013-02-09, 07:04 AM
The External Cargo Modules are where all the Ice is Stored, we don't have any ice in the main hold, so in ship atmospheric problems are avoided.

Unless the external modules explode from pressure buildup once we return to atmo.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-09, 01:43 PM
Again, if we can keep the clathrates at -20 or below, they're stable. I think that means they don't even off-gas. Since the buyer doesn't want the methane anyway, we could vent any gas that builds up until we reach atmo, and then seal them, if that's a thing; without oxygen, the methane can't combust, and there isn't really a mechanism in the external modules for the water to hydrolyze.

Adlan
2013-02-15, 04:26 AM
Okay, I think it's time for a Decision, but I don't think Amiri on his first day has enough authority to make it.

Does Cap'n Jack want to make a fiat decision?

Remember current problems: The Scenario assumes we've filled our cargo hold with Comet ice slurry. We have external cargo modules which are now full to the brim, leaving our internal cargo hold empty and not giving us the chance of dying from explosive deathness in our own atmo.

At the moment the cargo modules are sealed tight, and the ship is dumping all it's heat well away from them, letting them be cool. Amiri can keep it that way, and we can keep them sealed tight, and so long as we deliver them soonish, we have no worries about them leaking, or exploding.

Lei has suggested some improvements to Amiri's idea, keeping the ice cooler for longer even once we hit Atmo.

I'm unsure what the other suggestions actually entail? Are we ready to move onto some blockade running action?

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-15, 11:02 AM
My suggestion was just to further vent the gas from the external modules, in case we are fired upon, until we hit atmo. It's not necessary and Starr pointed out that the buyer may also want the methane (though how tey will capture what has already evaporated is beyond me).

Erasmas
2013-02-15, 11:28 AM
A wizard future-tech can do it!
:smallbiggrin:

I vote for moving on to blockade running, for sure. That's much more Cole's forte.

Aneurin
2013-02-15, 02:29 PM
If we think the current solution will work, I'm happy to have Jack agree to that and move on.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-17, 11:41 PM
I don't think Lei has to roll Tech Eng. to send a Wave. That'd be equivalent to having to know how to assemble a computer in order to send an email :smalltongue:.

Adlan
2013-02-18, 06:10 AM
Well, she could be using her skills to search the cortex to find the right undercover wave box without getting detected by the Alliances snooper software or com's interdiction.

Which she does:
For Lei

Badger's somewhat respectable businessman front has it's uses on occasion, in that his clientele also tend to have a front. And the previous missions by Badgers ships are all logged, if you know what to look for. One Balley Sacket is the sole reason for Captain Griffith’s ship, Royale to have docked at Regina. A few other of Badgers Ships, Brutus, Damnthing, Serenity and a few possibles that made other visits, but Only the Royale's flight plans matched the schedule of this crime. Balley Sackett, the city engineer. Declared reason for visits, Consulting for Engineering advice, with a noted small fine upon clearance from the Alliance Patrol Boat Renown that probably covered a larger bribe.

Space Lawyer
2013-02-18, 08:15 AM
That'd be equivalent to having to know how to assemble a computer in order to send an email :smalltongue:.

You don't do that? If I want to use the internet, I just build a computer, right then and there. :smallwink:

Anyway, yeah, I should have made it clear Lei was attempting to be surreptitious in her communications. Criminal skullduggery and whatnot.

Narmoth
2013-02-18, 10:08 AM
Someone, please steal my Thesaurus!

Adlan
2013-02-18, 10:33 AM
You don't do that? If I want to use the internet, I just build a computer, right then and there. :smallwink:

Anyway, yeah, I should have made it clear Lei was attempting to be surreptitious in her communications. Criminal skullduggery and whatnot.

Good Job you got a good roll on that two. Nothing alerts alliance interest more than detecting suspicious waves from ships newly arrived in a system with a blockade. The Cap'n may well have also told you about Balley Sacket, as that name was mentioned as the contact over dinner.

I'll post up the details of the blockade when we move the scene. Aneurin, care to take us to the bridge?

Adlan
2013-02-24, 07:14 AM
Very soon Alpha Panda will have to take action or be queried by the Nav Comp of Regina Planet Space.

Adlan
2013-02-27, 01:04 PM
Standby for IC update, I'm moving us forward to begining our approach.

I'd like to establish OC where everyone will be, and have people roll for their actions 'during the ad break' as it were.

For example, I'll roll OC for Amiri to maintain the engines performance and still not dump heat into the ice.

If I roll well, I'll post IC from a nice organised engine room with a com message to the bridge reporting all stations go. If it all goes tits up, I might be asking us to kinda hurry through customs, or not be able to give Lei a clean gravitonics shift. ect.

Suggest how hard you think the thing you want to do is before you roll, follow table 5.1:
Table 5.1: Action Difficulty
Action Difficulty
Easy 3
Average 7
Hard 11
Formidable 15
Heroic 19
Incredible 23
Ridiculous 27
Impossible 31

For example I think it's a Hard action for Amiri to manage all of lei's modifications in an unfamiliar engine room in an unfamiliar class of ship and produce everything working fine.

Thus:
Amiri will attempt to manage and configure all of lei's modifications, and monitor the ice levels so that dumped heat isn't an issue. It's a Hard bit of Mechanical Engineering so it's Int [roll0]+ Mechanical Engineering+2 Steps. [roll1]

What are y'all up to? I hear summit about Cole dying when he put a dress on?

Lentrax
2013-02-27, 01:15 PM
I thought he was dying to put a dress on. :smallwink:

Anyways, I'm going to be in the medbay, turning a regular joe into a stiff.

Pretty sure that's a Hard, but I leave setting the difficulty to you, Adlan.

Rolling Toxicology and intelligence: rolling in next post cause I messed it up.

Lentrax
2013-02-27, 01:18 PM
Rolling [roll0]+[roll1]

Which fails a hard, unless my medbag provides a step bonus. The standard bag says complex procedures, but the MedAcad bag doesn't.

Erasmas
2013-02-27, 01:24 PM
I guess I will be turning into a dead body.
I could roll for that, but... I'm not sure that it's necessary.
But here goes (for sheer comedy, if nothing else) - I guess that's an 'Easy'?


Dying: [roll0] (Vitality) + [roll1] (Willpower) {?}

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-27, 01:43 PM
Greg will play the role of Cole's grieving brother, who has hired Alpha Panda's crew to bring the body for its final rest.

Spoiler-ish Rolls, open at your peril!
Willpower + Acting [roll0], the difficulty class will depend on how discerning our Alliance blokes are. If this is a complex task requiring additional rolls, let me know and I can roll a few more.

Aneurin
2013-02-27, 01:52 PM
Okay - I think I'm back in a position to post regularly and reliably again! Yay!

Space Lawyer
2013-02-27, 02:07 PM
Lei is first going to try and pull the relevant documents (death certificate, license to transport a dead body, etc.) out of whatever electronic vault the Alliance (and/or Corone) has them locked in.

Intelligence [roll0] + TechEng (hacking) with CompTech bonus [roll1]

She is then going to fill the forms out, and place them back in the appropriate place in Regina's local cortex node.

Intelligence [roll2] + TechEng (hacking) with CompTech bonus [roll3]

Then, a nice easy bit of flying along the approved flight path, one that takes the ship through the section of the planet that the Renown is currently blockading.

Alpha Panda's agility increases by two steps with Lei at the helm
Agility [roll4] + Pilot (mid-bulk) [roll5]

EDIT: So, with those rolls, I'm thinking Lei didn't manage to get the latest appropriate forms, but did manage to find some less-protected older versions. She got them into the right place though.

Creed
2013-02-27, 10:10 PM
Think this part of our mission is going to involve Morgan looking very stern while standing off to the side. He's good at that.
Fingers crossed we make it through.

Adlan
2013-02-28, 08:51 AM
Okay - I think I'm back in a position to post regularly and reliably again! Yay!

Actions Captain.

Then I might even post it up as a montage.

Montage

Aneurin
2013-02-28, 09:59 AM
...Praying that the Alliance buy 'the ice is just to keep the corpse cool'?

Hmm. Mostly trying to find enough money to bribe a warship. Not a lot to do, other than that.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-28, 10:00 AM
They won't necessarily notice the ice, I suppose. If the story seems genuine, they might not bother scanning.

Adlan
2013-02-28, 03:53 PM
Good job we don't have anything like the hatches open or other suspicious activities.

Adlan
2013-03-01, 09:30 AM
...Praying that the Alliance buy 'the ice is just to keep the corpse cool'?

Hmm. Mostly trying to find enough money to bribe a warship. Not a lot to do, other than that.

The Average Alliance Officer's eyes could easily be blinded by a 100 Cred note. Less might work, too little, or indeed too much, could provoke anger or suspicion.

Adlan
2013-03-04, 02:12 PM
Okay, OC Results

Amiri:
Attempting to manage and configure all of lei's modifications, and monitor the ice levels so that dumped heat isn't an issue
Result: Fail
Malfunction Generator Part: 1. Primary 2. Secondary 3. Reserve 4. Sensor Readings from, [roll0] 1.Fuel Line 2. Grav Boot 3. Life Support 4. Cargo 5. Capacitors 6. Boosters [roll1] 1. Caught Fire 2. Over heating 3. Tacked 4. Clogged 5. On the Fritz 6. Got Gremlins

Sia:
Attempting to turn a regular joe into a stiff.
Result: Partial Success
Known Side effects of the drug include Nausea (-2 step penalty to Resistance when coming round, if failed patient must spend all turn vomiting and recovering, lasts until passed twice. Successive Vomiting can cause severe harm.

Cole
Dying
Result: Success


Greg
Successfully dressed and accent just right for verisimilitude, +2 Step Bonus for supporting the story

Lei
Attempting to Fake Death Certs.
Result: Success You get the standard declaration forms, and tag them into local systems. Delay's are long enough between stations that them not being on the central system databanks won't be noticed. Despite the dreams of certain purple bellies, IDent cards are by no means universal, and many people only appear on records when cold.

Flying
Result:
Success


Everyone else, posts don't need any GM input as I can see, now...

...what happens to Amiri? :smalleek:

Adlan
2013-03-04, 05:08 PM
Final roll: [roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-11, 05:50 PM
I'll wait for Jack to introduce Greg to the Lt. before I have him open his mouth. Our story is that Greg hired the crew to bring the corpse for burial, but that doesn't mean he gets to answer the comm in place of the Captain.

Adlan
2013-03-12, 02:26 PM
We want to spoof the highly advanced Alliance Patrol Boats sensors with our own, on the fly, with no specialised gear other than ships standard system's, and have them not realise it's coming from us?

That's not as a GM warning, we can give it a whirl, I just think it's a bit ambitious.

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-12, 02:40 PM
Why would we need to spoof their sensors? The jig's not up yet...

Space Lawyer
2013-03-12, 02:43 PM
Lei isn't running the spoof yet. She is just getting ready in case things don't go smooth.

Which they probably won't.

Aneurin
2013-03-12, 02:44 PM
I know it's ambitious; that's why it's a back-up plan for if they do catch on. I'm not proposing we mess with them for no reason.

Adlan
2013-03-12, 02:49 PM
I know it's ambitious; that's why it's a back-up plan for if they do catch on. I'm not proposing we mess with them for no reason.

If we do get rumbled, I'd rather run or bluff than waste time just giving them evidence of our criminality.

"Hey, those guy's are messing with our sensors"
"Get Them!"

Aneurin
2013-03-12, 02:55 PM
Ah, but the spoof is there as an essential part of the "run away" plan. It will, if we're lucky, mean we're only being chased by one heavily-armed patrol vessel rather than the potential three.

Not saying it's an ideal plan, but Jack can fly while Lei messes with them - or this may all be able to go off at the press of a button.

Adlan
2013-03-12, 03:03 PM
Hmmm, I did forget we had two trained pilots on board.

Which Amiri is very glad of, the last ship he flew on had a cursed pilots chair, if I recall Correctly:
Died of an Anuerysm,
Crushed by Cargo in a Zero G transfer.
Left the ship to do Charity Work
Left on Beleraphon, didn't make take off.
And a Close Drinking Buddy of His who was taken into Niska's Employ in exchange for not liquidating the ships debt. And hasn't been seen or heard from since.

In the Space of a year and a half!

Edit: Working on an Alliance Officers Post now. And yes if you were wondering they are (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/HoratioHornblower)

Erasmas
2013-03-13, 11:55 AM
I'm going to keep being "dead"!
:smallbiggrin: