Dream sequence, dream sequence!

Erasmas
2013-03-14, 11:59 AM
Good call, Aneurin!
I think I just might.
:smallsmile:

Narmoth
2013-03-16, 07:05 PM
Adrian wears no weapons except an extensible sword, which is a concealed weapon from the core that no one would even start to think of here out in the black.

Adlan
2013-03-19, 10:21 AM
Aneurin:
He wants a Bribe.

Adlan
2013-03-19, 02:25 PM
I'll hold my GM Post giving Shadow Elf a chance to participate before we move on too quickly.

I wish I had my copy of serenity's ship's papers with me, it's a great prop and came with a crisp 100 cred note discretely tucked inside, next to the decontamination certificates

Aneurin
2013-03-19, 02:38 PM
Wait, what? You can get actually get those? Where from?

I want one! :smallbiggrin:

Adlan
2013-03-20, 10:20 AM
Wait, what? You can get actually get those? Where from?

I want one! :smallbiggrin:

Sorry, you can't. Not any more. And you can't have mine, they are explicitly listen in my will. (Along with my brown coat. All I need now is a my Mal Pistol Replica and I'm sorted).

QMX (http://www.qmxonline.com) still have some pretty nifty stuff for sale though.

Lentrax
2013-03-20, 10:26 AM
Why have I not heard of this site before?

Seriously?

Adlan
2013-03-20, 10:31 AM
I remember what fun I had discovering the vast amount of browncoat fandom out there. Not just the official stuff from QMX, but all sorts of things fans make and sell, or give away for free.

The Signal (http://signal.serenityfirefly.com/mmx/) for one. And if you pick the right episode, you might even hear the younger voice of your DM calling in while at school. It's a great Podcast.

One of their best features is a series called Badgers World, which you can download as a separate pod-cast, also free.

It's wonderfully full of win.

Aneurin
2013-03-20, 02:08 PM
Sorry, you can't. Not any more. And you can't have mine, they are explicitly listen in my will. (Along with my brown coat. All I need now is a my Mal Pistol Replica and I'm sorted).

QMX (http://www.qmxonline.com) still have some pretty nifty stuff for sale though.

NoOoOoOoOoOoOo!

Also, thanks for the link! :smallwink:

Adlan
2013-03-21, 02:43 PM
We ready for a time skip to us breaking atmosphere?

I'll roll for Amiri to manage the ships engines and not dump the heat into the ice, and cgrela, Lei should roll to pilot us down.

Due to some lucky stacking from various forgery efforts, the ships made it through.

Cole and the good Dr. get a plot point each for their continuing plot development, really liking the vibe it brings to the game.

I'm also giving one to Cap'n Jack (at the cost of €100, seems fair enough. Remember to record the loss from your character sheet. I'm worried I won't have time to calculate all the economics of the game though. Any volunteers to give me a hand with it?).

Lei also gets one, as does Greg. Good work all round.

No plot point for Amiri, who fowled a fuel line :small furious:

Lets hope for better luck next time.

Adlan
2013-03-21, 02:46 PM
Amiri:

Keeping the engine in hand and not melting the ice: Int d8 + Mech Eng (& talented mechanic) d10 1d8+1d10

Adlan
2013-03-21, 02:48 PM
Amiri:

Keeping the engine in hand and not melting the ice: Int d8 + Mech Eng (& talented mechanic) d10 [roll0]+[roll1]

Erasmas
2013-03-21, 03:09 PM
Woohoo!
Plot points while in a coma... hard to beat that.

And thanks on liking what Cole and Sia are doing - the RP has been pretty fun so far.

Adlan
2013-03-21, 03:16 PM
Woohoo!
Plot points while in a coma... hard to beat that.

And thanks on liking what Cole and Sia are doing - the RP has been pretty fun so far.

So far, I hope you are liking the direction of this game. The intro's, the pictures and the scene transitions, are hopefully feeling like the right mix of script writing and role playing. I also recommend getting a copy of the firefly soundtrack, and listening to it while rereading the thread, because it's a dam good story to go over, which I think is a real mark of quality.

The fact that we have interpersonal relationships going on, Jack's flash backs (and I'm looking forward to a Shadow Centric episode in the future, as Amiri's also connected to the now black rock). The whole effect is very much of the 'verse.

Cole, you might need that plot point, We never did establish how long your dose will last. And Byphodine has some side effects...

Aneurin
2013-03-21, 03:18 PM
Time skip works for me - but what do you mean by economics, though?

Also, has anyone heard from Sunfall?

Lentrax
2013-03-21, 03:23 PM
I'm also good with time skipping.

I am thinking in this case, economics refers to figuring how much we get for our cargo, how much it costs to keep the AP running, things like that.

Adlan
2013-03-21, 04:01 PM
yeah, I'd find it much easier to play fast and loose with it, but on the other hand, I know some people get a lot of satisfaction from the gear and loot side of RPing, and I don't want people to lose out on their enjoyment.

Erasmas
2013-03-21, 05:33 PM
So far, I hope you are liking the direction of this game. The intro's, the pictures and the scene transitions, are hopefully feeling like the right mix of script writing and role playing. I also recommend getting a copy of the firefly soundtrack, and listening to it while rereading the thread, because it's a dam good story to go over, which I think is a real mark of quality.

The fact that we have interpersonal relationships going on, Jack's flash backs (and I'm looking forward to a Shadow Centric episode in the future, as Amiri's also connected to the now black rock). The whole effect is very much of the 'verse.

Cole, you might need that plot point, We never did establish how long your dose will last. And Byphodine has some side effects...

I likewise am good with skipping ahead.

And I am very much enjoying the game. It's very fun to write stuff for it and the interactions have been great thus far.

I very well might need it... though I am not 100% on how I go about 'redeeming' them.

Sunfall said a while back that something pretty serious had popped up... so I am assuming that the prolonged absence has to do with whatever it was. Which is a shame, and more than one front.

EDIT: Oh... and I have both the soundtrack for Firefly and Serenity in my collection. I actually keep an original Xbox in my gaming room with a playlist comprised of tracks from many different soundtracks and such. It has 500 songs (that's the limit) and could play for something like two and half days straight without repeating.

Aneurin
2013-03-21, 05:56 PM
Personally, I don't mind too much which way we do it (though it is pretty nice to run your fingers through piles of platinum :smallwink:) - specific goals are nice, but abstract ones are fine too as they give more plot hooks.

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-22, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the plot point!

As far as money goes... I think we can roughly assume that regular jobs' pay and ship operation/maintenance, mission completion and other expenses like food roughly cancel out. If get a big break, we can deduct something from it for "regular jobness" and the rest we can take as real money to spend on other things. This lets us handwave most expenses and economics while still getting to appreciate the difference between a big job and a decent job.

Erasmas
2013-03-22, 01:10 PM
I think Shadow's got the right idea. Sure does cut down on the size of the ol' ledger.
:smallwink:

Adlan
2013-03-22, 01:48 PM
That's what I was planning, I'm not gonna track every credit and shot fired, but we can still run out of both money and ammo. Or of course gets loads of it.

Erasmas
2013-03-25, 11:04 AM
I am not entirely sure what I would need to roll to "come back" either, so I am going to just throw this out there (using a Plot Point here as well... but again, not sure how/where to add it in).

Vitality ([roll0]) + Willpower ([roll1]) + Survival ([roll2]) = [7] (plus the Plot Point)

Adlan
2013-03-27, 05:09 PM
Okay, Make a Hard resistance roll, if passed, you start waking up right away with no side effects.

If you fail, then you've got to wait on a post from Sia, who will be there with a bowl.

Keep making Resistance rolls until you pass you suffer -2 step penalty for the nausea.

Erasmas
2013-03-28, 01:09 PM
I don't see "Resistance" anywhere on the sheet...
:smallredface:

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-28, 01:15 PM
I think it is vit + vit.

Aneurin
2013-03-28, 01:33 PM
Vit+Vit sounds right, although Vit+Wil is vaguely plausible.

The system tends to let you use any combination of rolls you can justify to the GM anyway, so...

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-28, 01:42 PM
Vit+Vit sounds right, although Vit+Wil is vaguely plausible.

The system tends to let you use any combination of rolls you can justify to the GM anyway, so...

Pretty sure Resistance is formally defined in the rules as being Vitality + Vitality, is what I meant.

Adlan
2013-03-28, 02:08 PM
My bad, it is indeed, vitality + vitality.

Woooh for a new full time job, wooh for 13 hour day, and the bus still not here.

Erasmas
2013-03-28, 03:58 PM
Alright... here goes nothing!

[roll0]+[roll1]= [11]

Adlan
2013-03-29, 07:48 AM
Well, I'll be. Cole must be healthy as a horse, that's a pass.

Erasmas
2013-04-01, 11:29 AM
Wahoo!
Writing up the IC post right now.

Aneurin
2013-04-07, 03:45 PM
Do I need to make any rolls to get the local news up? Or has everything been locked down by the Alliance?

...figure it's worth checking before my next IC post - no matter how much I want to respond to Cole in a dress :smalltongue:

Adlan
2013-04-07, 04:11 PM
If you check the cortex, you get the most recent* front page of the Frisco Star Times
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/Adlan/newspaper-7_zps81774d72.jpg

*as far as you know, they might not update so often on a little mining town.

Aneurin
2013-04-07, 04:23 PM
That sounds deliciously ominous :smallamused:

Adlan
2013-04-08, 01:16 PM
Rolling Mech Eng to see how long the ice preservation will last: [roll0] + [roll1] (Mech Eng + Int +2 step bonus)

Easy Success: 4 Hours, Moderate Succes: 8 Hours, Hard Success: 16 hours

Adlan
2013-04-08, 04:19 PM
Researching someone is a relievent knowledge and int roll.

Lei, the name of the contact was mentioned a few times. Balley Sackett

Shadow_Elf
2013-04-08, 04:34 PM
Alright, time for Greg to try his google-fu!

@ Adlan
Intelligence + Knowledge
[roll0] + [roll1]

Space Lawyer
2013-04-08, 04:35 PM
I keep forgetting that for some reason. :smallredface: Even missed it looking through the thread.

No knowledge, so just Intelligence [roll0]

Aneurin
2013-04-09, 02:10 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't remember the name!

Actually, wouldn't getting in contact with the, uh, contact be Tech-Use or something, rather than Knowledge?

And is everyone okay with us not pretending to be McLarren and just moving over a space? The alternative does sound like marvellous fun - but also like it has so, so many ways to go wrong (which is most of the fun, to be fair).

Shadow_Elf
2013-04-09, 02:39 PM
Depends on what Greg turns up in his Google Cortex search :smallsmile:.

And I think he meant that it would be a Knowledge check to research McLarren.

Adlan
2013-04-09, 06:47 PM
Yeah, searching the cortex is such a basic skill, it'd be a complication to not know how to. Hence knowledge, being where to look or finding relevent info.

Adlan
2013-04-13, 04:51 AM
Research PM'd, ShadowElf and Cgrela.

IC post from GM incomming, NPC's won't stand aroud all week :smallbiggrin:

Adlan
2013-04-18, 01:19 PM
Okay, we're turning this episode into a two parter.

I think it's appropriate given the amount of time we've spent on this. I'll post the IC end of episode and scenes later tonight, so if you have anything to post in the now, move fast. :smallwink:

I'll time skip Cole and Morgan to the opening scene in Balley Sacket's shop, and then we have other scenes? I was thinking maybe Amiri and Lei can have a scene developing their relationship (Drop me a PM cgrela, we can bounce some ideas around), and anyone else want to have a scene?

Also, as we've hit port, has anyone heard from sunfall? this might be a good place for grace to depart, but if We can keep her on board, or we want another NPC/ GMPC i'm cool with that. Ideally, sunfall will post and we're good to go.

Shadow_Elf
2013-04-18, 10:50 PM
Greg's had plenty to say in the last scene. He doesn't necessarily need a scene at the open of next episode.

Lentrax
2013-04-19, 03:01 AM
Sia's had a couple of good moments these past copule of episodes. I'm content to sit back for a bit and let some of the others shine.

Aneurin
2013-04-19, 01:45 PM
Jack's been involved in pretty much everything so far, so he doesn't need any extra scenes.

Adlan
2013-04-21, 03:44 AM
Sorry, once again IRL stuff keeps me busy.

Aneurin
2013-05-02, 12:43 PM
Poke. Poke poke.

Did you guys see that the forum's back? :smallwink:

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-02, 12:51 PM
Still rediscovering some of my games since the outage :smalltongue:.

Adlan
2013-05-02, 01:08 PM
What a nice birthday present…

…now I just need the time the write.

Erasmas
2013-05-02, 01:16 PM
Yup... I'm still around! Cole's just walking across town currently, trying to get to the buyer.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, dear Adlan!

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-02, 02:23 PM
Happy birthday!

Creed
2013-05-02, 02:30 PM
Happy birthday Adlan!

Aneurin
2013-05-02, 02:34 PM
Happy birthday :smallsmile:

Lentrax
2013-05-02, 02:39 PM
Happy birthday Adlan!

Adlan
2013-05-05, 08:11 AM
Ah a lazy sunday. Got the first post of Act II up.

Aneurin
2013-05-27, 05:51 PM
Just in case anyone's wondering, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX-JeV37Uqw) is what Jack's singing.

Creed
2013-05-27, 08:41 PM
If Jack's singing that, who's singing the female parts?

The cat, that's who.

Aneurin
2013-05-28, 06:19 AM
:smalltongue:

Yup, the cat has a promising career as an opera singer ahead of her - you might want to buy some ear plugs while you're out :smallwink:

Aneurin
2013-06-01, 06:54 AM
Poke.

Poke.

Helooo?

Space Lawyer
2013-06-01, 03:45 PM
*whistles along with the yodeling cat to break the silence*

Lentrax
2013-06-02, 02:57 PM
Yeah... I think we lost too many of us to really keep going.

Much like our beloved show, the Alpha Panda will forever sail the black, but there will be no more stories to tell...

Erasmas
2013-06-02, 03:48 PM
I'm still here.

Cole is window-shopping, waiting to find out what there is to buy.

Shadow_Elf
2013-06-02, 03:52 PM
I'm still around, Greg's leaving the ship to go hear what is left of J.W.'s speech.

Creed
2013-06-02, 04:02 PM
I'm still here, being a mute and all.

Space Lawyer
2013-06-05, 08:27 AM
Well, I'm unsubscribing. If the ship restarts, let me know.

Aneurin
2013-06-05, 01:15 PM
Looks like we've lost a gardener and, unfortunately, a GM. Though I hope he's just busy and will be back soon.

What do we want to do? Give him a while to come back and then, if he doesn't, look for a replacement?

Erasmas
2013-06-05, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I think that's about all that we can do.
Hopefully you're right and Adlan will be back soon.

Aneurin
2013-06-06, 03:31 PM
...how do we feel about waiting until tuesday? That'd be two weeks since Adlan last logged in.

I don't want to replace him, because he's a pretty cool GM - and Amiri looks like he's going to be fun - but I also don't want to lose this game, because I'm enjoying it a great deal and the character's are great.

Push comes to shove, though, could we try keeping it going ourselves? Try one of those rotating-GM things that sometimes crop up?

Erasmas
2013-06-06, 03:34 PM
Two weeks may be a bit soon, but we could certainly talk about a short-term replacement solution, with the idea that it could become long-term if he doesn't come back.

I would be alright with rotating out, if it comes down to that.

Lentrax
2013-06-06, 03:34 PM
If I weren't already running two games, I would go along with it.:smallfrown:

Aneurin
2013-06-06, 03:58 PM
Two weeks may be a bit soon, but we could certainly talk about a short-term replacement solution, with the idea that it could become long-term if he doesn't come back.

I would be alright with rotating out, if it comes down to that.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure, but the longer the wait the greater the attrition rate, unfortunately.

If I weren't already running two games, I would go along with it.:smallfrown:

Fair enough. I can't run it right now or I would just to keep it running (most likely just some stuff-around-town that wouldn't interfere with anything Adlan's up to), but later I don't think I'd have a problem with it - I'm just being crushed by job hunting, I'm afraid, and if I get one of the ones I'm after then I'll likely have to move.

Erasmas
2013-06-06, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I am already running five and playing in four others (aside from this one), otherwise I would probably have volunteered to take it over. So between possibly being stretched too thin and without being all that familiar with the Serenity system, I'm afraid it would just be a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Shadow_Elf
2013-06-09, 02:53 PM
I have to say, many GMs have more than enough ideas for games in their heads, and I have not had excellent experience seeing games "rescued" by a new GM. This game was one of the exceptions where it was working out well; I'm game if someone wants to run it and certainly if Adlan returns, but I don't think prospects for the former are high.

Adlan
2013-06-10, 01:50 PM
Someone said you needed a GM? I hope you might consider me.

I'm sorry things have been so flakey, I'd like to have a thing to point it at, and boy do I have a few excuses, but ultimately, this is just a game on the internet, and in the context of that, I've not been keeping my end up.

If it's any consolation, I abandoned my Urban Dead Clan too, and hopefully, by sticking to one (Edit:medium game), I'll be a better, more regular GM.

Actions speak louder than posts though, so feel free to keep the GM slot open, or open up a Co-GM position.

And don't worry about ideas, once we've played this campaign pack, there are plenty more story seeds to play out, and the repercussions of the Miranda Wave.

Adlan
2013-06-10, 02:30 PM
Something to make getting round town easier:

HitchHikers Guide to the 'Verse
FRISCO TOWN
Frisco sits on what the rest of Regina considers the “uncivilized side” of the planet. Just haulin’ water here is troublesome and what little weather does blow across the Grampian Range from time to time is nasty and troublesome. The wind never stops and when the storms do come, the torrential rains can turn the town into a mud-soaked mess. Then there’s the winter, which is usually dry and freezing cold until that same storm makes a freakish turn and buries you under a heavy, wet blanket of mud-stained snow.

Frisco consists of the town and the mine that sits about a quarter of the way up the side of Grampian Mountain to the west. Both are linked by dirt roads and the gravrail that takes ore shipments to the other side of the planet for processing and transport off-world.

MAP
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/Adlan/FriscoCloseup_zpsf29fb604.jpg
Key
1. Port Frisco
2. Transport Station
3. Magrail
4. Port Tower
5. Tom Lougheny’s Saloon & Oyster Bar
6. Livery Stables
7. Balley's Barn
8. Town Jail/Gaol
9. John Saviors Saloon.
10. St. Wyatt's Hotel
11. Forgie’s Saloon
12. Pat Malloy's Saloon
13. Frisco Star Times
14. Hotel Southern
15. Balley Sacket's Mine and Ship Engineering Emporium
16. Wild Bills Saloon
17. Woodbury’s Store
18. Ormond & Lovett Store
19. Blake’s Hall and Bank
20. The Lawrence Saloon
21. Hornsilver Mine Office
22. Hornsilver Store
23. A.E. Sherman’s Mercantile
24. Processing Plant
25. Doc McGuire
26. Temple
27.The Tong Citadel
28. "Dog" Town Shacks
29. Blakes Stable
30. Sweetside
31. Schoolhouse

Lentrax
2013-06-10, 02:56 PM
Good to see you around Adlan.

Erasmas
2013-06-10, 03:08 PM
Somebody send cgrela a PM?

Shadow_Elf
2013-06-10, 03:16 PM
Glad to have you back, Adlan. Don't worry about things too much; real life always comes first, eh? Just let us know next time so we're not in the dark and worried :smallwink:.

Creed
2013-06-10, 04:16 PM
*hugs Adlan*

I was getting nervous for a while!:smallbiggrin:

Erasmas
2013-06-10, 05:44 PM
Yeah...
We thought the Reavers got you!
:smalltongue:

Aneurin
2013-06-11, 08:36 AM
Phew! :smallsmile:

Glad to see you back. There've been lots of Reavers around lately!

But seriously; real life has to come first. My own posting has been spotty at best for the last week-ish, so I'm hardly in a position to cast aspersions here :smalltongue:

(Sent a PM to cgrela)

Adlan
2013-06-11, 11:02 AM
Reavers that got me: lurgy, Internet connection fail, 4th driving test, being dumped and lots of overtime for my job.

Lentrax
2013-06-11, 11:52 AM
being dumped

Oh.

Oh.

Well makes perfect sense now. I'd probably fall off the face of the earth for a while if it were me too.

Just glad to see you back Adlan.

Space Lawyer
2013-06-11, 12:08 PM
I'm back as well.

Adlan
2013-06-11, 01:50 PM
Well, Champion, How about we each close up our scenes if we have anything left and I move us on to the Evening?

Places Please for the Next Scene? :smallbiggrin:

Example: Amiri will be cleaning some ducting out the open upper cargo deck door.

Shadow_Elf
2013-06-11, 01:52 PM
Greg will hang around for the end of JW's speech and then return to his post on the bridge for the evening until dinner.

Lentrax
2013-06-11, 01:59 PM
Sia will head into the city, and meet up with Cole.

Erasmas
2013-06-11, 02:12 PM
Cole is going to finish up his shopping and find Jack, to let him know what Sackett said.

And then he's going to meet up with Sia and have a nice dinner (and possibly some dancing).

Space Lawyer
2013-06-11, 02:17 PM
Lei will be walking around town, on her way to poke around in Balley Sacketts. She isn't there for skullduggery, but is in need of a few spare parts for the ship.

Erasmas
2013-06-11, 02:39 PM
Cole has no hard coin. Does he know if this thing is actually worth 35 silver and would the bank perform a conversion?

Lentrax
2013-06-11, 02:53 PM
Dang ipad kept reloading the page, erasing everything I wrote...

Technology, ain't it grand?

Aneurin
2013-06-11, 03:10 PM
Reavers that got me: lurgy, Internet connection fail, 4th driving test, being dumped and lots of overtime for my job.

Ow. Really, really sorry to hear that.

...Jack will be hanging out on the ship still.

Adlan
2013-06-11, 04:03 PM
Cole has no hard coin. Does he know if this thing is actually worth 35 silver and would the bank perform a conversion?

You can go to the bank, if you have a cortex account, they'll most likely be able to wire you money from a bank with a cortex link. You might be able to get an advance, especially if you have a bank card or papers. Of course, if you have paper money they can change it for silver (No better exchange rate than at the minehead). The shop keepers will almost definitely take credit's, in a 'respectable' place like Frisco.

For it's value? Well, it's got less than 35 silvers worth of silver in it, and the artistry is a thing only ones aesthetic taste can enjoy. The stones are a step above the fabbed diamonds, a natural semi-precious stone probably also found locally.

Relevant Knowledge, or Perception roll for an accurate assessment.

Also, Roll a Covert test, consult chart below:

Less than 4:I'm just pulling your leg, this is something I'll occasionally do to disguise my plans
Less than 8:That Guy is speaking oddly, What's up with that
Less than 15:I think that guy is checking if I'm in on his black market

Aneurin
2013-06-11, 04:18 PM
Okay, that post took longer to write than I expected. And I still didn't do the Main Hold - hopefully I'll get it done soon, and edit it in.

However, sleep time now, I think. Tomorrow contains a frankly unneccessary amount of morning :smallannoyed:

Adlan
2013-06-12, 11:04 AM
Ow. Really, really sorry to hear that.

...Jack will be hanging out on the ship still.

Well on the plus side, post relationship fail is usually my most productive times as a writer, I paid for my driving lessons with the overtime, and I passed my test.

And, added bonus, the mineral in Coles jewellery is most likely pink Rhodochrosite.

Erasmas
2013-06-12, 11:43 AM
Sorry to hear about the break-up, Adlan. Been there a few times (though it was long ago).

And cool.. I have credits, I just misunderstood what the NPC said to mean that they wouldn't accept them here. I'll ask how much in credits IC.

Rolls:
{Intelligence} [roll0] + {Perception} [roll1] = 5
{Covert} [roll2]

EDIT: Et tu, Die Roller?
:smallmad:

Creed
2013-06-12, 07:47 PM
Well on the plus side, post relationship fail is usually my most productive times as a writer, I paid for my driving lessons with the overtime, and I passed my test.

Sucks for that to happen, but at least you passed a test!

And cool.. I have credits, I just misunderstood what the NPC said to mean that they wouldn't accept them here. I'll ask how much in credits IC.

Rolls:
{Intelligence} [roll0] + {Perception} [roll1] = 5
{Covert} [roll2]

EDIT: Et tu, Die Roller?
:smallmad:

If Cole needs, Morgan could step in and... I don't know... punch stuff...:smalltongue::smallwink:

Erasmas
2013-06-13, 03:30 PM
It looks like it panned out alright; but I appreciate the offer!

By the way, Adlan... does the gold/silver/copper work on the metric system (like in 3rd edition)?

Adlan
2013-06-13, 07:32 PM
It looks like it panned out alright; but I appreciate the offer!

By the way, Adlan... does the gold/silver/copper work on the metric system (like in 3rd edition)?

Nope. Table 3-1: Currency
Credit Dollar Platinum Gold Silver
₡ 1 $25 2.5 5 250
₡ 0.4 $10 1 2 100

Adlan
2013-06-22, 05:03 PM
Everybody happy? Hopefully, big Post from Me Tommorow.

Aneurin
2013-06-23, 01:13 PM
Yup, all is a-okay over here. I'm lacking inspiration for the main hold flashback, which is why it has yet to appear.

Well, actually, I have a couple of different ways I want to do it and can't decide between them. Might do them all.

Erasmas
2013-06-24, 10:30 AM
I apologize everyone! A plague hit my household last week and everyone got it. I missed four days of work; the threat of possible pneumonia looming overhead (since the person we all got it from ended up with it). My brain was swimming in snot... so thinking straight was not a strong point and I lacked the energy to force anything relevant and/or concrete for the games!

However, I am back in the saddle again and am making the rounds presently!

Adlan
2013-06-28, 03:06 PM
standy by, post in the works.

Erasmas
2013-07-02, 10:09 AM
I will be leaving town tomorrow night for the country (where there is very limited cell reception, so internet is out) and will not be back until Sunday. It will be an exciting excursion filled with RL gaming, friends, fireworks, family, and possibly some drinking.

Until then, I will continue to post throughout today and tomorrow. I will miss you all, but press on in my absence.
:smallbiggrin:

Adlan
2013-07-06, 02:24 PM
Lei, please make a roll to control the horses, With whatever attribute/skills involved if you can explain how they are relevent in your post, plus whatever plot points or cunning plans you might have.

I hope everyones still enjoying this slightly slower pace?

Lentrax
2013-07-06, 02:26 PM
Don't mind at all. It gives me a chance to think things through a bit more, and then make one overall better post than several not so good ones...

And gives me time for my other games too...

Space Lawyer
2013-07-07, 04:06 PM
Let me try that again, this time remembering to code correctly. :smallredface:

Willpower + Animal Handling
[roll0]+[roll1]

Alertness + Perception
[roll2]+[roll3]

Aneurin
2013-07-07, 04:22 PM
Pace is fine for me - though I have to admit that I'm not actually posting right now, so my opinion may not matter too much :smalltongue:

Anyway. I am still here, I am still interested, and I am slowly cutting back on the stuff that's been taking over my life for the last 6 months-or-so.

Creed
2013-07-07, 10:23 PM
I'm fine with the pace, but Morgan's on the bar bus at the minute, anyways, so my opinion is a bit secondary.

Erasmas
2013-07-09, 10:03 AM
Yeah, the pace works for me too.

Space Lawyer
2013-07-21, 08:52 AM
With great regret, I must let you all know I am dropping this game, for good. I begin law school in a few weeks, and I have to cut down drastically on my gaming. Good luck to you all.

Erasmas
2013-07-21, 01:27 PM
I'm sad to see you and Lei go, cgrela, but I understand 100%. Good luck in your schooling and in your career, brother!

Shadow_Elf
2013-07-21, 01:32 PM
Good luck and have fun @ law school, cgrela. We'll miss you and Lei.

Adlan
2013-07-23, 12:57 PM
With great regret, I must let you all know I am dropping this game, for good. I begin law school in a few weeks, and I have to cut down drastically on my gaming. Good luck to you all.

Good luck, it's been a great game with you.

I think I'm going to reopen this game in a week or so. I'm moving house next weekend, which will mean afterwards, my free time will increase dramatically, no commute.

edit: By which I mean everyone here has a reserved spot, and I'll rerecruit for our spaces, and possibly restart the plot from episode 2.

Aneurin
2013-07-23, 01:28 PM

Well, all the best with law school - though I'll be sorry to see you go. Was great playing with you.

I think I'm going to reopen this game in a week or so. I'm moving house next weekend, which will mean afterwards, my free time will increase dramatically, no commute.

edit: By which I mean everyone here has a reserved spot, and I'll rerecruit for our spaces, and possibly restart the plot from episode 2.

So... we'll be restarting then? Fair enough. Same ship/starting status?

And congratulations (or commiserations?) on the move.

Erasmas
2013-07-26, 01:29 PM
Alrighty... fine by me!

Creed
2013-07-27, 09:49 PM
Sounds fine from my end.

Aneurin
2013-08-04, 04:01 PM
While we're waiting, does anyone want to work out some background links, or how they joined the ship or anything?

Shadow_Elf
2013-08-04, 06:10 PM
Couldn't find a non-live version of the song on YouTube, but for some reason this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycXEAfoyiTc) reminded me of the Doc. Little bit random, but thought I would post it before I forgot.

As for joining up, I just figured that when Greg wanted off the backwater he was stuck on, he went looking for a crew in need of a face/ambassador, and found the Panda.

Creed
2013-08-04, 06:48 PM
Morgan does very few things very well, and he can't exactly apply those skills in a profession more legitimate than working security detail on a ship like the Panda.

He might, however, know anyone who has at one time or another been associated with Alliance Military.

Creed
2013-09-16, 01:19 PM
So, what's going on here? Any plan on the reset any time soon?

Adlan
2013-11-11, 01:40 PM
The Reset Has Occured! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16401061#post16401061)

Lentrax
2013-11-11, 04:02 PM
*walks up the loading ramp! inhales deeply.*

It's good to be home. So, how long 'til we break atmo?