PDA

View Full Version : Dragonhide Armor question

Cranthis
2012-10-17, 07:09 AM
Other than being less sunderable, and obviously the +1 because of masterwork, does Dragonhide have any other bonuses? It will be breastplate.

Ianuagonde
2012-10-17, 07:17 AM
It does if you're a Druid, because it's not metal. It can also be used to make a neat ally/enemy if you've got someone who can cast True Resurrection. That's it, AFAIK.

Cranthis
2012-10-17, 07:27 AM
I figured that was all. Time for me to choose a new armor type haha.

Darrin
2012-10-17, 07:40 AM
I figured that was all. Time for me to choose a new armor type haha.

You can also use it to make a rust monster extremely disappointed (http://rustyandco.com/comic/29/).

If you have the Draconomicon, you can make "Dragoncraft" armor made out of dragonhide that counts as one weight category lighter and offers energy resistance 5 (based on the energy type of the original dragon). A buckler made from a white dragon, for example, gives you cold resistance 5. (Unfortunately, while the Draconomicon says you can make Dragoncraft shields, it forgot to list the price for them.)

Saintheart
2012-10-17, 08:49 AM
AFB, but does Dragoncraft give you Energy Resistance, or does it give the Armor Energy Resistance? Red Hand of Doom has a few dragoncraft pieces floating around and they're pretty heavily emphasised as not providing any energy protection to the wearer.

Darrin
2012-10-17, 09:15 AM
AFB, but does Dragoncraft give you Energy Resistance, or does it give the Armor Energy Resistance? Red Hand of Doom has a few dragoncraft pieces floating around and they're pretty heavily emphasised as not providing any energy protection to the wearer.

From the Draconomicon:

"A suit of dragoncraft armor or a dragoncraft shield grants the wearer resistance 5 against a specific type of energy" (emphasis added).

Cranthis
2012-10-17, 03:31 PM
Dragoncraft you say? Im going to have to check it out.

The Random NPC
2012-10-17, 03:55 PM
IIRC, dragonhide armor has the same resistance as the dragon it was made from, it just doesn't provide it to the wearer (so a red dragonhide armor has 10 fire resist).

tyckspoon
2012-10-17, 04:07 PM
IIRC, dragonhide armor has the same resistance as the dragon it was made from, it just doesn't provide it to the wearer (so a red dragonhide armor has 10 fire resist).

Immunity, actually, and yeah, it doesn't do anything for the wearer unless you make it Dragoncraft (like Masterwork but different and requiring a feat to make.)