PDA

View Full Version : Teleportron the Abusive?

Snowbluff
2012-10-17, 09:45 AM
I just thought I share this thing I wrote on the back of a notebook while hanging with some friends. I was joking about this with some friends, and I was hoping you guys will enjoy it. This can be tweaked, but the build was made to work about as well as possible for 1-20.

Swordsage1/Wizard6/Swordage+1/TelflammarShadowlord4/EldritchKnight8

Race: Silverbrow Human

ACFs: Focused Transmuter + Martial Wizard (UA). Ban Necormancy, Enchantment and Illusion or Evocation (See Below)

Stuff of note: Cast like a 13th level Wizard (7th level spells, yuck!)
15 BaB. Yeah, it's a lousy gish.
Metamagic abuse on Dimension Hop and Celerity (PHB2)
Everytime you teleport, you get a full attack. You teleport a lot thanks to Twin Repeat Celerity and Dimension Hop.
If Easy Metamagic from Dragon is allow, you can probably replace the Arcane Thesis with it.
Residual Metamagic willsave you spell slots, and possibly let you use your metamagic from a cast spell on a wand for free by combining both abilities.
Assassin's Stance give you the Sneak Attack for TFS.

Flaw1: Extend Spell
Flaw2: Repeat Spell
Human: (Any True Dragonmark)
1: Mark of the Dauntless
Wizard1: Dodge
3: Twin Spell
Wizard5: Mobility
6: Arcane Thesis (Dimension Hop)
9: Residual Metamagic
12: Practical Metamagic: Twin Spell
Eldritch Knight: Spring Attack
15: Practical Meatmagic: Repeat Spell
18: Arcane Thesis (Celerity)

For damage, pick up a:

Thunderlance, if you have not banned Evocation. This will let you be less kind to your Str score. Uses your Int for attacks and damage

Or just any ol' weapon with a Wand Chamber (Preferably a Two Hander). Take Bladeweave (It's an Illusion, IIRC) and maybe pick up Heroics for Power Attack. Don't dump Strength.

Wands of Dimension Hop and Celerity might help save some slots. Get a Spare Hand and a Wand Chamber to carry the damn things.

Just one last thing, Incantatrix can make this built really nice by getting some free persists. Same with pretty much all of the other broken Metamagic PrC (Tainted Sorcerer, Metaphysical Spellshaper if your DM is allowing 3rd party).

Edit: If you are going to use Wraith Strike and Power attack, remember to use it before you start to spam spells. Cast Wraith Strike (Swift), Cast Thunderlance/Attack (Standard), then use a MM Celerity (Immediate)to use a MM Dimension Hop to get Full Attack.