PDA

View Full Version : Looking for portals

ahenobarbi
2012-10-17, 04:29 PM
I'm looking for a way to find portals. How do I do it? I think there was a spell that did just that but can't find it. Could you help?

karkus
2012-10-17, 04:41 PM
What sort of portals? You need to be more specific. If you want interplanar-portals, just use Gate. (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Gate) However, if you want a portal that allows you to travel from one point to another on the same plane, you'll have to design that spell for your self (of course, you could just ask us to help you/do it for you :smallwink:).

nedz
2012-10-17, 05:31 PM
Analyze Portal Spc p10
Bard 3, Portal 2, Sorc/Wiz 3

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-17, 06:13 PM
if you're looking to make a permanent portal with beginning and ending destinations in particular spots and/or on the same plane, you're probably looking for the craft portal feat in FRCS. The requirements are pretty steep though. Crafting a portal before you're capable of casting 9th's would require circle magic, and probably some scrolls to provide the spell requirements. Schema would be better if you can get them, but that's cross-setting material.

Edit: wow. ' completely misunderstood the question.

BowStreetRunner
2012-10-17, 06:27 PM
You want to look in the Manual of the Planes (MP) and Planar Handbook (PH) mostly.

3rd level Barbarian planar substitution level (PH 28) grants Portal Sense (30 ft range).
You can hire a planar guide if you can find one (PH 74).
A Gate Compass (PH 83) can locate the nearest portal to an area envisioned by the holder.
A Sextant of the planes (PH 84) can locate any portal within 60 ft.
The spell Analyze Portal (SC 10, PH 92 or MP 33) can locate any portal within a 60 ft cone.
A Dimensional Sextant (MP 22) can locate the nearest portal or even the nearest portal to a specific plane.
A Map of Unseen Lands (MIC 164) will show portals if you establish the proper divine connection.

ahenobarbi
2012-10-18, 07:21 AM
What sort of portals? You need to be more specific. If you want interplanar-portals, just use Gate. (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Gate) However, if you want a portal that allows you to travel from one point to another on the same plane, you'll have to design that spell for your self (of course, you could just ask us to help you/do it for you :smallwink:).

I'm not trying to make a new portal. I'm trying to find existing cross-plane portals.

Analyze Portal Spc p10
Bard 3, Portal 2, Sorc/Wiz 3

You want to look in the Manual of the Planes (MP) and Planar Handbook (PH) mostly.

Thanks it has small range but can be used to make sure I'm using the right portal.

3rd level Barbarian planar substitution level (PH 28) grants Portal Sense (30 ft range).
You can hire a planar guide if you can find one (PH 74).
A Gate Compass (PH 83) can locate the nearest portal to an area envisioned by the holder.
A Sextant of the planes (PH 84) can locate any portal within 60 ft.
The spell Analyze Portal (SC 10, PH 92 or MP 33) can locate any portal within a 60 ft cone.
A Dimensional Sextant (MP 22) can locate the nearest portal or even the nearest portal to a specific plane.
A Map of Unseen Lands (MIC 164) will show portals if you establish the proper divine connection.

Thanks I'll check which of those I could use... "Gate Compass" sounds exactly like what I was looking for.