PDA

View Full Version : [FO:E] Fallout Equestria OOC 2: Ante-Up My Little Ponies

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Rebonack
2012-10-17, 10:10 PM
Two hundred years ago war raged between Equestria and the Zebra Empire. A war ended decisively with megaspell strikes on each nation, devastating the land and poisoning it with necromantic radiation. The Pegasus sealed up the sky with an omnipresent curtain of clouds, shrouding the surface in perpetual gloom. Survivors retreated into the Stables, massive fallout shelters to protect them from the radiation storm above. Some offered salvation. Others became nightmarish death-traps. But the Stables opened and descendants populated the blasted, blighted wastes.

Some Stables remain closed, forgotten by the world.

The Princesses are dead.

Fell things watch from the Stars.

Unity seeks to consume all.

A new order rises on the backs of slaves.

Harmony is shattered and forgotten.

Discord warps fragile virtue.

And Friendship is dying in the hearts of ponies.

Can light be returned to the Equestrian Wasteland?

Or is suffering and hate its only future?

This can only be known in the course of time.

This is Fallout Equestria. (http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_Equestria_Wiki)

The Nation of Equestria (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Ironack/FOEMV9.jpg?t=1351207762)
Locations

Manehatten is a pretty happening place, its ruins containing the towns of Tenpony Tower (ritzy! Home of the Twilight Society and DJ-Pon3), Gutterville, Arbu (they hunt Radigators! And possibly other things...). The Buckland Cross (ruined bridge) serves as the headquarters of the Manehatten Steel Rangers chapter.

Fillydelphia is the home turf of the New Equestria movement, a growing dictatorship that is using slave labor in an attempt to rebuild Equestria's infrastructure. The Fillydelphia chapter of the Steel Rangers is set up in the StableTech HQ and they don't get along particularly well with the New Equestrians.

Ponyville is essentially a giant Raider nest. Those nasty nasty Raiders.

Maripony is the home turf of Unity, the seat from which The Goddess controls her Alicorn collective. Probably best not to go here unless one feels inclined to be mutated horribly.

Old Olneigh was previously the home of the miners who cleared out Maripony of its gem deposits. It is now home to an extensive pack of Hellhounds. Non-hellhound visitors probably won't be met with a warm welcome.

The Canterlot Ruins contains Stabletown, built from the remains of Stable1 and populated by Canterlot Ghouls. Zebratown, a suburb of Canterlot, can be found here as well. All these locations are choked with a blanket of necrotic fog. Visiting is highly discouraged unless one is undead already.

Appleloosa is one of the primary hubs of the slave trade. Slaves are auctioned off here before being shipped all over Equestria. Though mostly to Fillydelphia.

New Appleloosa is a scrap-town that survives mostly off the trade of scavenging, booze distilleries, and most notably Ditzy Doo's Mercantile. She sells everything!

Shatteredhoof was once the most infamous prison in all of Equestria. Now it's a mercenary city under the control of the Talons. If you need some tough as nails Griffons (and ponies!) to get a job done then look no further. Junction R-7 is an outpost of Shatteredhoof.

Saltlick City is a thriving community that makes quite the fortune in caps mining salts from both the nearby flats as well as the salt domes found under nearby mountains. An important ingredient in potions (as well as a number of drugs) these salts are an invaluable asset to Equestria.

Bridle Shores, paradise of the Wasteland!

Of course a place really doesn't have to be that spectacular to be considered a paradise when contrasted with the rest of the Wasteland. A small sea-side community on the west coast of Equestria, Bridle Shores wasn't large enough to warrant a MegaSpell attack. No important ministry hubs. No large military bases. No industrial centers. Just a community focused on tourism, farming, and harvesting the kelp forest that grows off shore.

Much of the farmland had been destroyed by irradiated runoff from White Tail Woods. However, the kelp fields are still thriving! Between sea weed and a much more recent fishing industry this town by the sea is one of the few places left in Equestria that holds some semblance of its former glory.

Vanhoover is located in the northwest of Equestria and is surrounded by a constant blizzard of horrific proportions. It's said that anypony who gets close enough can hear the haunting cries of Windigos amidst the driving snow. Vanhoover itself was long ago plagued by a terrible infestation of taint that warped anything that was still alive there.

Nopony goes to Vanhoover anymore.

Tall Tail was once a major shipping center for Equestria's west coast and the nation's capital for the fabrication of arcane technology. The Tall Tail Steel Rangers chapter has almost uncontested control of the city and its remaining resources.

The Factions
-Steel Rangers are an elite group of power-armor clad Earth ponies committed to collecting and guarding the artifacts of the Ministry of Wartime Technology. While some Steel Rangers are kind hearted as an organization they value technology above the lives of ponies. Purges of whole Stables aren't uncommon as a means to gain old tech. In many ways the Steel Rangers are no better than Bandits with better training and toys.

-Unity is a collective hivemind of Alicorns controlled by the enigmatic Goddess out of her citadel in Maripony. They are known to capture ponies of exceptional magical power and convert them into Alicorns to augment the abilities of Unity. An alicorn's old memory is drowned out in the Dream of Unity, though their core personality is left intact. Despite common stories alicorns are not in fact without individuality. Some ponies worship the Goddess and see Unity as an improvement over the strife of the Wasteland.

-The Enclave is the military government of the Pegasus ponies. For the most part they keep to themselves above the cloud curtain, though there are a few mountain top Enclave Mining Outposts where contact and trade are possible. Pegasus that travel to the surface and associate with other ponies are written off as contaminated by the Enclave and killed if they attempt to return to Pegasus society.

-The Twilight Society is a cabal of powerful mages who seek to follow the legacy of Twilight Sparkle, arguably the most magical unicorn who has ever lived. To that end they seek out powerful magical objects and lore to increase their own knowledge and power base. The Twilight Society often employs other ponies to collect important objects of power for them.

-New Equestria is a brutal oligarchy using slavery to attempt to rebuild the infrastructure and former glory of Equestria. Though their leadership insists that their goals are laudable their methods leave quite a bit to be desired.

-The Talons are the most prestigious group of mercenaries in Equestria. Traditionally a griffon-only organization ponies also serve to lend a bit of extra hoof-power when the need arises. The Talons are known for a strong sense of honor, unwilling to break contract even if a more lucrative offer arises. Talons who break contract often find a bounty placed on their head by the organization.

-Raiders aren't strictly a faction, but they can be found scattered all over Equestria. These are ponies that have completely lost their Virtue and now have no anchor to keep themselves from becoming caught up in the maddening whispers of the Stars. They are driven in an ever deepening spiral of insanity and depravity ended only by the forfeit of their lives.

-Towns, Tribes, and Stables are likewise not a faction in the strict sense, but many ponies have no allegiance to an Equestria-spanning organization. Instead they may simply fight to protect their community or their own interests.

Creating a Character
The Bio
Name Your pony has one of these, right?

Race Pony (Earth, Unicorn, Pegasus), Zebra, Griffon, Hellhound, Bison, Dragon, Alicorn, Sheep, Goat, Minotaur, Donkey, Cow, Changeling. Are they a ghoul? Do we want Bat Ponies (Luna's royal guards) to be a separate race from Pegasus? What about Glimmerwing and Crystal ponies (season 3)?

Cutie Mark/Special Talent Pony and Zebra only. What is the one special thing that your pony is really good at? What makes them special? Decide and they get a pretty picture representing it on their butt. Oh. And their innate magic focuses on that talent as well. Zebras gain Glyphmarks rather than Cutie Marks.

Virtue What separates ponies with some degree of good left in them from completely irredeemable Raiders. Kindness. Laughter. Honesty. Generosity. Loyalty. Magic. Every Virtue can be a Harmonious and tempered by friendship or a Discordant, hollow mockery. Regardless of whether a pony's Virtue is Discordant or Harmonious it is their anchor against the steady erosion of their soul by the Equestrian Wasteland. This would be a swell place to expound on your pony's personality in general, too!

Appearance Your pony looks like something, right?

Faction Who is your pony associated with? A city? A Stable? An ideological group? Or are they the lone timberwolf sort? Do they have Friends? Tell us here!

Primary Skills What is your pony good at? Aside from their special talent of course. A character should have five (or fewer) skills that they're VERY good at. These are the generalized skills applicable to life in the Wasteland. Armor, Battle-Saddle, Explosives, Fire-Arms, Medical, Melee, MEWs, Repair, Science, Speech, Stealth, and Survival. Especially powerful Traits should be included here as well (like, say, bending reality ala Pinkie Pie).

Secondary Skills Secondary skills can be viewed either as things that a pony is decent at, but not particularly amazing, as a specialization within one of their primary skills, or as a skill that doesn't really fall into the major categories (underwater basket weaving!) Secondary skills tend to be more focused than primary skills are (surgery/chem pre/potion making/first aid as opposed to Medical).

Equipment What kind of nifty gear is your pony outfitted with? Barding, tools, weapons, ammo, potions, books, alchemy ingredients, caps, vehicles, magical Ministry Mare statuettes. Good things to keep track of!

A Bit on Magic
ALL ponies are magical. As is to be expected of magical talking pastel colored tiny horses. Unicorns are the only ponies that can actually cast spells (aside from Alicorns, more on them later).

Earth pony magic takes the form of an empathic bond between themselves and whatever their special talent is. To an observer it would appear as though they're just REALLY good at whatever it is they do, but it goes deeper than that. Fluttershy is a bit unusual in that she uses Earth Pony magic in addition to her (very weak) Pegasus magic. Her Stare is a form of empathic overload I would guess.

Pegasus pony magic allows them to fly despite their tiny wings, grants them the ability to mess with weather, and allows for interaction with clouds as if they were solid object. Griffons use the same flavor of magic that Pegasus do.

Zebras cast spells as well, but instead of using arcane magic like the Unicorns they instead create potions (and other objects) and pour the spell-effect into that. Obviously it takes longer to craft a potion than it does to cast a spell, but once the potion or artifact has been made anypony can use it.

Alicorns are a fusion of all three pony tribes and use all three forms of magic. However the Alicorns of Unity have no cutie marks since they have no individuality.

Weee, spell schools!

Destructive spells (arcane bolts, elemental beams, energy arrows)
Defensive spells (healing, shields, cleansing magic, wards)
Divination spells (sending and gathering information)
Illusion spells (sensory tomfoolery!)
Beguiling spells (attacking the target's mind, want it need it)
Alteration spells (making physical changes to both ponies and environment)
Translocation spells (teleportation, telekinesis, conjuring objects)
Necromancy spells (dark magic that attacks the soul and vitality)

On Weapons
Weapons are an important tool in the hooves of anyone who feels inclined to survive in the Equestrian Wasteland. As such it's important to familiarize one's self with their properties and uses.

Magical weapons function much like their mundane counterparts, though injuries from magical weapons can't be healed normally. The scarred tissue must be cut away before healing is possible. Additionally magical energy weapons have a chance of completely disintegrating their target, reducing them to a heap of glowing pastel-colored ash. Magical weapons use Sparkle Batteries rather than bullets for ammo.

Melee Weapons have the benefit of requiring no ammunition, however one must get up close and personal with them. Hellhound-Claw weapons are of special note. Using their claws living Hellhounds are able to rapidly burrow through solid rock and even sheer through steel with little trouble. When weaponized they have a similar effect on armor and ponies.

Small arms (pistols, revolvers, and the like) are weaker and less accurate than larger weapons, but they're far less awkward in cramped conditions and easier to conceal. Additionally these weapons are easy for a Unicorn to wield via Levitation.

Long arms (shotguns and rifles) are more powerful and more accurate (or don't worry so much about accuracy in the case of shotguns) than their smaller counterparts. However they're quite a bit larger. Most long arms can be wielded via Levitation, though higher powered weapons are liable to buck themselves out of grip after being fired.

Heavy weapons (flamers, miniguns, rail guns, grenade launchers, rocket-pods, plasma cannons) are extremely powerful and deadly. And also, as the name suggests, extremely heavy. Wielding them without a Battle Saddle, powered armor, or a mounting is pretty much impossible.

Pony Archive. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252125)

Link to the ever-useful RPing guidelines! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9241295&postcount=3)

Tychris1
2012-10-17, 10:25 PM
*Plants Flag in the name of Ponyville*

Benson
2012-10-17, 10:43 PM
I do hope you are enjoying the current shenanigans with Maul Steel and Tough Stomp xD

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-17, 10:46 PM
I do hope you are enjoying the current shenanigans with Maul Steel and Tough Stomp xD

Mildly silly adventures are always a nice counterpoint to the Angst, Doom, and Gloom.

Even Project Horizons, despite being quite probably the darkest thing I've ever seen or read outside of Warhammer 40K, keeps some slapstick and humor around once in a while. :smallwink:

MCerberus
2012-10-17, 10:48 PM
I think it should be law that each region be inhabited by at least one comic-relief at all times. Right now we have near-Appleoosa runaways, and Manehatten has Scoops.

Benson
2012-10-17, 10:50 PM
Gwendolyn and Lucky Break are making an effort to sneak in slapstick as well xD

Lycan 01
2012-10-17, 10:51 PM
Lucky's value as comic relief is probably the only thing keeping him alive right now. XD

Granted, he has his serious moments. I actually have a few really serious things planned for him once he gets to Tennpony Tower. Quite a few delicate situations, actually. :smalleek:

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-17, 10:52 PM
It just occurred to me that with Shadow Stride dead, Celestia's Legion will probably never actually figure out what happened at Old Appleoosa. :smalltongue:

MCerberus
2012-10-17, 10:53 PM
Lucky's value as comic relief is probably the only thing keeping him alive right now. XD

Granted, he has his serious moments. I actually have a few really serious things planned for him once he gets to Tennpony Tower. Quite a few delicate situations, actually. :smalleek:

You know what we should combine with Lucky's doom-ed-ness? Whadda's rash decision making process.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-17, 10:56 PM
Also, since we conveniently have a new thread, I'd like to humbly propose that This Link (http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_Equestria_Wiki) be added to the OP.

It is very useful to have a quick reference, after all. Even a somewhat incomplete and sparse one.

EDIT: Derp, it's already there. >.>

Lycan 01
2012-10-17, 10:56 PM
It just occurred to me that with Shadow Stride dead, Celestia's Legion will probably never actually figure out what happened at Old Appleoosa. :smalltongue:

Silver Tongue survived. He not only knows exactly what happened, but he also knows Lucky has abandoned the Legion. Not gonna be pretty in a couple of weeks the Legion rolls into town for some revenge... :smalleek:

Also, Whadda does indeed need to work on her decision making processes. Alicorns are charging up the building floor by floor, and she wants to stop and drink soda?! :smalltongue:

Tychris1
2012-10-17, 11:03 PM

Yes, yes I am. :smallamused:

Porcupines man....

Benson
2012-10-17, 11:04 PM
I kinda want to go for a "Weird West" sort of vibe for Maul and Tough as they have misadventures in the southwest, becoming the reluctant heroes, being on the cowardly side.

TyChris1, is there a particular...'thing' style...theme, direction, you want for them?

Tychris1
2012-10-17, 11:08 PM
I was hoping to get a kind of "Humorous masks for terrible situations" thing for Maul Steel (Ex: Pinkie Pie from Friendship is Witchcraft, or the Song "Turn it Off" from The Book of Mormon esque). Should be easy enough to integrate into the Wild West theme.

Benson
2012-10-17, 11:12 PM
Oh sorry...I didn't mean for the characters themselves. I meant that I was hoping to for a Weird West theme setting. Poor choice of words at the time on my part. ^^;

Luka
2012-10-17, 11:24 PM
Only comic relief I have right now is Blaster, I was planning Luka to mostly just go into a "Rated C for Crazy awesome" comic relief, like, but right now he's stuck in srss bsnss.....

Also, have to think on how to make Gleamy's sheet and how to actually alter make the 2 Steel Ranger foals I had planned, I originally planned Aisis to be just a scribe student/initiate/thing that was in it just to help, and Mile to be very, very overcheerful (possible comic relief too) and.... Well, cheerful with a power armor :smallbiggrin:. Sudden explanation of how Steel Rangers were broke the concepts.

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-17, 11:28 PM
Pretty much all my characters are intended to have a bit of comic relief about them. Except the dark cloaked one, that is. Night Jewel's prone to wittiness, Bright Eyes is a little too bright for the setting, Nails exists to suffer in amusing ways, and Violetta has her moments.

Also, just a little reminder that not getting left behind in a scene is a thing I kind of appreciate. Thanks.

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-17, 11:32 PM
Speaking of Violetta, Fleetwing is attempting to carry her down the ravine in the Northern thread.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-17, 11:44 PM
.... She's still gorgeus :smalltongue:

Man, you are far too insistent on this point, considering this character is unconscious. :smalleek::smalltongue:

In other news, it occurs to me that Alicorn!Ebon pretty much would be Alduin after all. >.>

Luka
2012-10-17, 11:47 PM
Man, you are far too insistent on this point, considering this character is unconscious. :smalleek::smalltongue:

I think I warned I sucked at comic relief! :smallbiggrin:
Editing that part out then if it's too much trouble

Lycan 01
2012-10-17, 11:58 PM
Pretty much all my characters are intended to have a bit of comic relief about them. Except the dark cloaked one, that is. Night Jewel's prone to wittiness, Bright Eyes is a little too bright for the setting, Nails exists to suffer in amusing ways, and Violetta has her moments.

Also, just a little reminder that not getting left behind in a scene is a thing I kind of appreciate. Thanks.

Which scene did you get left behind in? :smallconfused:

-Night Jewel walked out of the town. There's not much Rebonak can really do with that, unless he's planning something for when he knows for sure what everyone else is doing. She hasn't been left behind, so much as she's kinda written herself into limbo or out of the scene.
-Bright Eyes still has her turn. Gwendolyn picked up Lucky and threw him; it just took us a couple of posts to set that action up and execute it. Bob is waiting until Bright Eyes to act, though, before he actually posts the results and moves on to the next turn.
-It's Violetta's turn at the ravine.

I don't really see where you've been left behind. If that's the impression you're under, then I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. But seriously, no one's trying to ditch you or anything.

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-18, 12:03 AM
Oh, sorry. It seemed like Gwendolyn and Lucky were taking a number of actions in my absence. I must have misunderstood a bit.

Lycan 01
2012-10-18, 12:17 AM
Oh, sorry. It seemed like Gwendolyn and Lucky were taking a number of actions in my absence. I must have misunderstood a bit.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. :smallconfused:

Lucky's only real action was to mutter and grope. Laying there bleeding isn't really an action, so much a state of being. And opening his eyes to say "buck" is just a reaction I thought would be funny to post.

Gwendolyn picking up Lucky and taking flight was one action. Throwing Lucky was a reaction to him slapping her ass, but I guess it could be possibly seen as an action. But since Bob never posted the results in your absence, we're still operating in the same turn, waiting on your own input and actions before it ends. (Side-note: Bob already went to bed. :smallfrown:)

So yeah, we weren't purposefully leaving you behind. It was only a few seconds worth of movement and action, which just took several posts to set up. It's not like they did several posts in quick succession where they did prolonged actions, like running screaming towards the enemy, guns blazing, dodging bullets, and taking down multiple bandits in your absence. :smalltongue:

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-18, 01:22 AM
Well, it was the number of posts that threw me off, actually.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-18, 01:45 AM
I think I warned I sucked at comic relief! :smallbiggrin:
Editing that part out then if it's too much trouble

It's not a problem. It's just that the chain of events basically goes:

She's knocked unconscious. She's Gorgeous! Her clothes are removed while she's unconscious! She's still Gorgeous! :smalltongue:

In other news, I will be genuinely surprised if Ebon isn't a greasy stain on the ground by the next post. Luna knows he's asking for it. :smallsigh:

Lycan 01
2012-10-18, 02:08 AM
Well, it was the number of posts that threw me off, actually.

Like I said, even though we posted a few times, they were mostly dialogue and reactions, rather than major time-consuming actions. And the turn doesn't actually end until the GM - Bob in this case - makes a post that explains the results, and the bad guys' actions.

It's like in Dungeons and Dragons. Every round in DnD, you have a Standard, a Move, and a Minor action. But talking is a Free Action, as are certain Reactions, which means you can do them several times a turn - within reason. This is roughly the same idea in combat rounds for freeform games. You can take a main action or two within reason, but you can make more than one post to make comments or share your characters thoughts/feelings/reactions about an event occuring mid-turn.

So, if you'd posted earlier, then me and Benson had done Gwendolyn and Lucky's "grab-grope-hurl" thing, you still could have posted for Bright Eyes to make a witty remark about it or something, even though she'd already "acted" this round.

Does that make sense? :smallconfused:

It's not a problem. It's just that the chain of events basically goes:

She's knocked unconscious. She's Gorgeous! Her clothes are removed while she's unconscious! She's still Gorgeous! :smalltongue:

In other news, I will be genuinely surprised if Ebon isn't a greasy stain on the ground by the next post. Luna knows he's asking for it. :smallsigh:

Why is he slurring? The little unicorn didn't actually stab him, and I don't think Mesmer hit him hard enough to cause serious brain damage. :smallconfused:

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-18, 02:27 AM
Why is he slurring? The little unicorn didn't actually stab him, and I don't think Mesmer hit him hard enough to cause serious brain damage. :smallconfused:

Well, the same attack caused blood to pour from all of Anoma's facial orifices and rendered her disabled until she presumably regenerated. While Ebon's shield did offer some protection due to it being delivered by a sonic wave, it still caused some brain damage. While the healing potion helped somewhat, he's still just a little bit out of alignment. It could probably be fixed by more specialized magic, but there are limits on what simple healing potions can do.

Probably doesn't help that he picked up some taint in Ghastly Gorge.

Lycan 01
2012-10-18, 02:30 AM
Well, the same attack caused blood to pour from all of Anoma's facial orifices and rendered her disabled until she presumably regenerated. While Ebon's shield did offer some protection due to it being delivered by a sonic wave, it still caused some brain damage. While the healing potion helped somewhat, he's still just a little bit out of alignment. It could probably be fixed by more specialized magic, but there are limits on what simple healing potions can do.

Probably doesn't help that he picked up some taint in Ghastly Gorge.

Unity could probably fix it. :smallwink:

Drowlord
2012-10-18, 06:32 AM
Well then! A new OOC! And we have a discussion on comic relief characters.

Sparky is comic relief. Elestre is most certainly not. I might be needing to get a new character after Elestre shouts at the alicorn, although maybe it will be interested in his speech in a good way and maybe it will just ignore him.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-10-18, 02:28 PM
Naah, his cousn is gonna protect the **** outta him.

Lycan 01
2012-10-18, 02:33 PM
Naah, his cousn is gonna protect the **** outta him.

Against an alicorn? :smallconfused:

Uhhhh... I hope you know what you're up against. Does your new character even have a profile?

Dark Elf Bard
2012-10-18, 02:35 PM
Making it now.

Tychris1
2012-10-18, 02:36 PM
Against an alicorn? :smallconfused:

Uhhhh... I hope you know what you're up against. Does your new character even have a profile?

Well, her corpse could stop the Alicorn's beam of magical death for maybe 1 second before it pierces through and snipes Elestre. Heroic Sacrifices are alot less heroic when your up against mini eldritch abominations.

Luka
2012-10-18, 06:49 PM
Pff, Anoma's just giving the Unity good publicity now.... Well, it would be if other non-believers were even seeing her.... Which I guess would make her meeting Gleamy all the more interesting :smallconfused:

Also, now I'm confused about the NA stuff.... There's alicorns and slavers going to siege the town? or they're just going to look for the party?

Lycan 01
2012-10-18, 06:51 PM
Pff, Anoma's just giving the Unity good publicity now.... Well, it would be if other non-believers were even seeing her.... Which I guess would make her meeting Gleamy all the more interesting :smallconfused:

Also, now I'm confused about the NA stuff.... There's alicorns and slavers going to siege the town? or they're just going to look for the party?

There's at least one alicorn somewhere outside the town demanding that the folks who attack Old Appleloosa come out and surrender. If they don't, or if the town tries to protect them, then Red Eye will remove his protection from New Appleloosa. Which means alicorns, slavers, raiders, and who knows what else will eventually come attack.

Basically, if the "heroes" don't come out one way or another, Old Appleloosa is probably screwed.

Edit: Oh, and just a heads up. Most of the folks in New Appleloosa won't hesitate to sell out the heroes if it means protecting their families from the wrath of the Goddess and Red Eye. So, uh, don't expect much help from them... If anything, I'd be worried about the town guards. :smalleek:

Benson
2012-10-18, 07:21 PM
Alrighty, where are each of the ponies that the voice of the Goddess is trying to get to surrender themselves?

Are they in view? Who would could be seen by a townsponies by chance?

Luka
2012-10-18, 07:32 PM
Alrighty, where are each of the ponies that the voice of the Goddess is trying to get to surrender themselves?

Are they in view? Who would could be seen by a townsponies by chance?

I guess Luka would be, and maybe Elestre too, not so sure about Finder and DEB's character isn't one, but is talking to Elestre

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-18, 07:35 PM
You know, I think I need to find some way to fit Blades into this setting. Transcribing accents is fun.

MCerberus
2012-10-18, 08:09 PM
Finder's going to be slinking out very shortly. Everypony knows you just run from alicorns.

Luka
2012-10-18, 08:11 PM
Finder's going to be slinking out very shortly. Everypony knows you just run from alicorns.

Luka doesn't, he's been kind of literally been living under a rock and doesn't know about alicorns/the enclave/Red Eye/some others, he just knows a bit about Steel Rangers because of Lamia, but more than that, not much.

*reads Benson's post*
...Wait, now banned from the town? .... It could be reversed, couldn't it?

Lycan 01
2012-10-18, 08:16 PM
LilPip, the main character of Fallout: Equestria, got banned from New Appleloosa for pretty much the same thing. New Appleloosa was quite pissed off about her attacking Old Appleloosa, due to the problems it was cause them with Red Eye. Not only did y'all do the same thing, but now there is an angry alicorn threatening death and destruction.

I'd say they've got good reason to ban you, and probably worse. Getting unbanned is... unlikely.

Benson
2012-10-18, 08:23 PM
Luka doesn't, he's been kind of literally been living under a rock and doesn't know about alicorns/the enclave/Red Eye/some others, he just knows a bit about Steel Rangers because of Lamia, but more than that, not much.

*reads Benson's post*
...Wait, now banned from the town? .... It could be reversed, couldn't it?

LilPip, the main character of Fallout: Equestria, got banned from New Appleloosa for pretty much the same thing. New Appleloosa was quite pissed off about her attacking Old Appleloosa, due to the problems it was cause them with Red Eye. Not only did y'all do the same thing, but now there is an angry alicorn threatening death and destruction.

I'd say they've got good reason to ban you, and probably worse. Getting unbanned is... unlikely.

Exactly.

However, like with Little Pip, you lot may still be able to trade with Ditzy outside the towngates. I'll bring that up later.

So yea, banishment from town is the right response, since ya'll did pretty much the same thing...except not free any slaves. Err.

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-18, 08:28 PM
Random thought: If somepony like Anoma was able to sit Fleetwing down and explain Unity in a diplomatic sense, I'm finding it hard to imagine scenarios where he'd say no. No more fear, no more running, just eternal safety and security. It's pretty much everything he's ever wanted.

The tricky part would be getting him to stop wetting himself in stark-raving terror and actually listen up. :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2012-10-18, 08:51 PM
Unity needs better PR =I

The problem is that when they play nice they usually get shot. So the Goddess usually just sticks to taking ponies by force whether they like it or not.

To be fair, look at what the Goddess and Red Eye want. What happens if they win?

If Red Eye were to win then within a few generations at most Equestria's infrastructure would be rebuilt. The Everfree would be leveled meaning that there's now soil and water that is radiation free to build anew on. Equestria would have a very real chance of recovering. Red Eye and his pegasus and unicorn counterpart now control the sun, moon, and weather. Equestria can return to its old ways.

If the Goddess were to win then everypony would become part of Unity. Radiation and Taint would no longer be a problem and ponykind would be among the nastiest critters in the Wasteland. Few would dare mess with them. With her mission accomplished the Goddess could slacken her control on her children so they can live more or less as normal (for alicorns) ponies and begin to rebuild. Because all ponies are of Unity conflict between ponies would basically be non-existent.

Both sound like pretty good end-goals, right?

The only problems is that both Red Eye and the Goddess are doing terrible things to accomplish them.

Luka
2012-10-18, 09:30 PM
Exactly.

However, like with Little Pip, you lot may still be able to trade with Ditzy outside the towngates. I'll bring that up later.

So yea, banishment from town is the right response, since ya'll did pretty much the same thing...except not free any slaves. Err.

... And that is why it sucks... Because he didn't get any win from it (even lost his 10mm pistol) and is kind of not worth getting banned :smallfrown:.... Fraking Lamia :smallfurious:

(Just kidding, in case you though I was dissapproving)

Unity needs better PR =I

The problem is that when they play nice they usually get shot. So the Goddess usually just sticks to taking ponies by force whether they like it or not.

To be fair, look at what the Goddess and Red Eye want. What happens if they win?

If Red Eye were to win then within a few generations at most Equestria's infrastructure would be rebuilt. The Everfree would be leveled meaning that there's now soil and water that is radiation free to build anew on. Equestria would have a very real chance of recovering. Red Eye and his pegasus and unicorn counterpart now control the sun, moon, and weather. Equestria can return to its old ways.

If the Goddess were to win then everypony would become part of Unity. Radiation and Taint would no longer be a problem and ponykind would be among the nastiest critters in the Wasteland. Few would dare mess with them. With her mission accomplished the Goddess could slacken her control on her children so they can live more or less as normal (for alicorns) ponies and begin to rebuild. Because all ponies are of Unity conflict between ponies would basically be non-existent.

The only problems is that both Red Eye and the Goddess are doing terrible things to accomplish them.

Well.... That just puts them into an "Utopia justifies the means" spot.... Which is still pretty much villainous

Though I wonder if Red Eye would know that Luka's technically "a foal" too, I mean... He does all that so "their children lived somewhere better" right? But I guess he doesn't count

Also
Alicorns can't reproduce yet since they're all female and unifying all ponykind would lead to extintion, and when Littlepip tells the goddess about it, she doesn't care, she still would control what's left of it.
Even the Master is driven to suicide when he's told that, and as far I know, he had similar goals

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-18, 09:43 PM
Huh. Well, it's ultimately a noble goal. The problem is that those trying to carry it out are a complete monster and... Well, whatever the Goddess is, it's clear that she's not exactly a nice type.

Of course, some of my characters have kind of nasty world domination schemes too, so I can't judge them too harshly, but at least they don't back it up by, say, strapping foals to themselves.

Chaotic Bob
2012-10-18, 09:46 PM
One of the Goddess' prime goals is discovering the secret to male alicorns.

So Unification wouldn't be damnation, as she would intend to have solved that issue before it was too far gone.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-18, 09:46 PM
Unity needs better PR =I

EDIT: A lot of this is kinda spoilery, so I should probably spoiler it.

To be fair though, those are sort of best-case scenarios.

Red Eye's victory might create a new Equestria, mostly built upon the ruins of the Everfree, but then you would have the rest of the place still a radioactive ruin, and unless I'm grotesquely underestimating the size of the Everfree forest there is no possible way that the farmland there could feed everypony and their descendants, especially if factories and such are built over the Everfree as well.

Further, even if he somehow managed to rebuild, retaking control of the skies would absolutely force the Enclave to act, and if the events of Chapter 43 are any indication, I have my doubts as to whether or not Red Eye's tiny, fledgling industrial empire could actually stand against them; Even after all of the damage done to the Enclave's war effort by the main characters, as well as Lion+Mouse destroying a Raptor and broadcasting the Canterlot Death-Static over the Enclave Comms, a relatively small fraction of the Enclave's military STILL effectively wiped the forest floor with Red Eye's Fortress at Stable 101. The only thing that even really gave them pause was the Cyborg Dragon, and they killed that with only minor losses. Alicorns were a threat, but a relatively minor one, and even Red Eye as a new God likely would not be able to defeat the full force of the Enclave without the aid of other Wasteland factions.

Even if he somehow did win, it would quite likely be a Pyrrhic victory.

And that's ignoring the potential that he just goes mad with power and continues his methods even when they're no longer necessary.

As for the Goddess, even that scenario is most certainly an Esoteric happy ending, given that Free Will and independent thought have still been largely abolished. I could actually buy the Goddess winning against the Enclave, since the number of Alicorns would easily outnumber Enclave Pegasi by a drastic margin, and even individually they have a distinct magical and physical advantage.

Still, this doesn't account for all those living things in the Wasteland that are most certainly not Ponies, and thus cannot be properly added to Unity. Ghouls also get a raw deal, since, if we're allowed to use normal Fallout info in the absence of data from the fic, they cannot be converted.

Also, I somehow doubt that the Goddess would come up with the idea to use Killing Joke on her Alicorns to change their gender.

Note that this is a few minutes of just letting ideas fall out (see what I did there?) and thus much of it may be complete bunk. :smalltongue:

Lycan 01
2012-10-18, 09:48 PM
... And that is why it sucks... Because he didn't get any win from it (even lost his 10mm pistol) and is kind of not worth getting banned :smallfrown:.... Fraking Lamia :smallfurious:

(Just kidding, in case you though I was dissapproving)

Well.... That just puts them into an "Utopia justifies the means" spot.... Which is still pretty much villainous

Though I wonder if Red Eye would know that Luka's technically "a foal" too, I mean... He does all that so "their children lived somewhere better" right? But I guess he doesn't count

Also
Alicorns can't reproduce yet since they're all female and unifying all ponykind would lead to extintion, and when Littlepip tells the goddess about it, she doesn't care, she still would control what's left of it.
Even the Master is driven to suicide when he's told that, and as far I know, he had similar goals

Actually, if y'all had won in Old Appleloosa and freed the slaves, you would have still been banned from New Appleloosa, since you wiped out one of their major trade partners and protectors, and brought Red Eye's wrath in their direction. :smallsigh:

And if Luka is technically a foal, he shouldn't get in too much trouble if/when Red Eye discovers this. :smalltongue:

Oh, and as for the spoiler box thing... Uh... There are some solutions to that. Best not to get into that right now, though. :smalleek:

Luka
2012-10-18, 09:59 PM
Actually, if y'all had won in Old Appleloosa and freed the slaves, you would have still been banned from New Appleloosa, since you wiped out one of their major trade partners and protectors, and brought Red Eye's wrath in their direction. :smallsigh:

But at least rescued slaves and stopped slavers! completely worth getting banned!... I think. That's kind of what I meant :smalltongue:

And if Luka is technically a foal, he shouldn't get in too much trouble if/when Red Eye discovers this. :smalltongue:

Oh, he's 14, so I think he's a colt, and colts are technically foals, aren't they?

Tychris1
2012-10-18, 10:12 PM
Utopia justifies the means is a completely understandable measure in my opinion (Especially when you consider the circumstances of post apocolyptic wasteland). Heck, I felt more sympathy to Red Eye and the Goddess then Lilpip considering all she did was roam around shooting things to death and being a careless bomb of destruction for anything too important. Atleast Red Eye tried to build something instead of loot or shoot every problem.

Luka
2012-10-18, 10:31 PM
Utopia justifies the means is a completely understandable measure in my opinion (Especially when you consider the circumstances of post apocolyptic wasteland). Heck, I felt more sympathy to Red Eye and the Goddess then Lilpip considering all she did was roam around shooting things to death and being a careless bomb of destruction for anything too important. Atleast Red Eye tried to build something instead of loot or shoot every problem.

Eh... Not much for me, means are as important as the ends, they both screw things up there, and their "building" destroys other things
Heh, Lilpip pwning problems would make me just like her more, more action and baddies getting pwned :smallbiggrin:....
Or like the conversation with Boone:
Boone: We're coming up on Nelson. I'm going to kill every Legion in there if that's not a problem.
Courier: That's not a problem. That's a solution.
Boone: Right it is. That's what we are. A couple of problem solvers.
Though I find it better when they do Mook Face turns too

To me, it seemsto me kind of Red Eye is kind of like Ashur, and I'm not really fond of "End/Utopia Justifies the means" characters.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-18, 10:43 PM

Littlepip sort of gets a break on this because her Goal WASN'T to (re)build anything. Once she'd learned enough about the wasteland to really even establish a goal, it was more along the lines of

Igniting hope in Ponies to help bring out their virtues, neutralize the groups that overall were mainly spreading misery, bring hope to the Wasteland by breaking the cloud barrier and letting the Sun shine again, and finally using Gardens of Equestria to eradicate the wasteland entirely in favor of a revitalized world.

EDIT: Red Eye is about as close to Ashur as the setting comes, with just a dash of President Eden. Ironically the actual Enclave is a little like Fallout 2's version, but without being totally genocidal.

Lycan 01
2012-10-18, 10:46 PM
Littlepip sort of gets a break on this because her Goal WASN'T to (re)build anything. Once she'd learned enough about the wasteland to really even establish a goal, it was more along the lines of

Igniting hope in Ponies to help bring out their virtues, neutralize the groups that overall were mainly spreading misery, bring hope to the Wasteland by breaking the cloud barrier and letting the Sun shine again, and finally using Gardens of Equestria to eradicate the wasteland entirely in favor of a revitalized world.

Spoiler

And how many pegasi died when the cloud barrier broke, either from the resulting civil war, or from the starvation brought about by their crop "fields" being vastly reduced?

LilPip ain't a saint... :smallfrown:

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-18, 10:55 PM
Spoiler

And how many pegasi died when the cloud barrier broke, either from the resulting civil war, or from the starvation brought about by their crop "fields" being vastly reduced?

LilPip ain't a saint... :smallfrown:

A lot less than would have died if the Wasteland continued to exist forever, that's for sure.

She may not be a Saint, but she's hardly on the same level as Red Eye or the Goddess. The simple fact is that there was no ending to this story that wouldn't involve immense pain. She merely chose the one with the best end result. I suppose she had something of an unfair advantage, though, given that Red Eye didn't know about GoE and the Goddess didn't care.

As a side note, the Pegasus population was actually fairly small. In fact, if Project Horizons is to be trusted, Thunderhead was actually producing a SURPLUS of fresh food, at least enough to trade for scrap, gems, and other supplies that they couldn't manufacture.

Lycan 01
2012-10-18, 11:14 PM
A lot less than would have died if the Wasteland continued to exist forever, that's for sure.

She may not be a Saint, but she's hardly on the same level as Red Eye or the Goddess. The simple fact is that there was no ending to this story that wouldn't involve immense pain. She merely chose the one with the best end result. I suppose she had something of an unfair advantage, though, given that Red Eye didn't know about GoE and the Goddess didn't care.

As a side note, the Pegasus population was actually fairly small. In fact, if Project Horizons is to be trusted, Thunderhead was actually producing a SURPLUS of fresh food, at least enough to trade for scrap, gems, and other supplies that they couldn't manufacture.

Oh, I'm not saying she shouldn't have done it. It was certainly the lesser evil. But it was still one of those "break eggs to make an omelet" sorta situations.

Also, the impression I got from FO:E was that the Enclave was really stretched for materials and food. Pretty sure Calamity mentioned there being a limit on family size and stuff.

Haven't read Project Horizons, though. And I never will.

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-18, 11:29 PM
...Uh, this doesn't look like a few short actions split over multiple posts any more.

Benson
2012-10-18, 11:30 PM
Combat is over. The two are allowed to have a one on one scene together.

Lycan 01
2012-10-18, 11:39 PM
Bright Eyes ran all the way up a hill, which would take a bit, and is dealing with hostages. Like Benson said, combat is over, and it's just one-on-one between Lucky and Gwendolyn now. Their conversation and stuff could easily take place in the time it takes Bright Eyes to act. It we did the whole "one post per turn" thing right now, it would take us a lot of turns and several days to get through all this.

Chaotic Bob
2012-10-18, 11:45 PM
As the Brain-Damaged One and Featherduster are busy cuddling a bloody bandit and each other, the hostage-bit can be handled separately simply enough.

I am taking your pace. Have no fear.

Tychris1
2012-10-19, 05:54 AM
Explosive weaponry, the rational course for dealing with raiders.

Benson
2012-10-19, 07:01 AM
Whelp I've had this idea that started out as me just playing around with photoshop and the hubworld fabulous pony maker for funsies...

But essentially the character is a unicorn ghoul who used to be a soldier who was in off duty mode when the bombs fell, eventually becoming a ghoul over time due to the aftereffects, a ghoul who has had two hundred years worth of memories and time to try to do something about the Wasteland. A ghoul who has seen many, many, many things, the rise and fall of previous ponies who thought they could put Equestria back together or dominate it. A ghoul had known such folks and really believed in their cause only to see it crumble like everyone else's. A ghoul who has had two hundred years to train and learn many things.

A ghoul who at the moment is probably working for a big faction or two, or pretending to be, or is a solo warrior. Maybe he's a ghoul who travels the wasteland to stop injustice where he see's it, maybe not.

Regardless, he totally has a ninja theme going on. Complete with dual wielding electric charged ninja swords, because why not.

Lycan 01
2012-10-19, 05:08 PM
What about dual Shishkabobs? Fire>Electricity. :smallbiggrin:

Hey Purity, if you want Bright Eyes to go ahead and respond to/converse with Flim and Flam, you can go ahead. I don't think we need to wait for Bob...

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-19, 05:33 PM
What about dual Shishkabobs? Fire>Electricity. :smallbiggrin:

Heck, why not both? One sword of fire, one sword of lightening.

Rebonack
2012-10-19, 06:15 PM
Elemental swords are totally a thing.

Some Zebras were using them in a memory orb. I think one of Apple Snack's?

Oh. And this seems to keep popping up, but I thought I would just point it out. Invisibility is a pretty high-end spell. Even Twilight wasn't able to figure it out in canon. Trixie was apparently the first pony to work out the spell.

Just throwing that out there. Do what you will with that information.

Tychris1
2012-10-19, 06:21 PM
Just to further allow for visualization (Cause I like being able to think out what happens in RP's like a movie) this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ixaJ3StEC0&feature=related) is how I normally envision Lamianos' voice (It bounces between that one and the original Kurt Russell voice).

Drowlord
2012-10-19, 07:17 PM
Elemental swords are totally a thing.

Some Zebras were using them in a memory orb. I think one of Apple Snack's?

Oh. And this seems to keep popping up, but I thought I would just point it out. Invisibility is a pretty high-end spell. Even Twilight wasn't able to figure it out in canon. Trixie was apparently the first pony to work out the spell.

Just throwing that out there. Do what you will with that information.

Ah. It's his illusions covering his body, making it different. I inferred invisibility from there, but if that is not the case, I shall change it.

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-19, 07:43 PM
Night Jewel has no full-on invisibility spells, in case you were wondering. She knows how to create lights and shadows and adjust appearances, but she can't make it possible to see through things. Instead, she takes advantage of dust, mist and shadows when she needs to hide. Occasionally, she can camouflage herself, but doing so is complicated and can't be done perfectly, especially if she's moving.

Luka
2012-10-19, 07:50 PM
I'm guessing the New appleloosan party is out of town except for Luka? posting about him now

Benson
2012-10-19, 07:59 PM
Just to further allow for visualization (Cause I like being able to think out what happens in RP's like a movie) this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ixaJ3StEC0&feature=related) is how I normally envision Lamianos' voice (It bounces between that one and the original Kurt Russell voice).

Ya know, that does not work for me, its too youngish for a character like Lami. My mind's ears hear something more baritone-y and rougher, not the smoker's gravel, but just rougher.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-19, 08:10 PM
I'll be honest. I personally imagined him sounding just a bit more like ARAGHAST THE PILLAGER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb889frNf1E)!

Rebonack
2012-10-19, 08:34 PM
Hmmm...

Looks like most of the PCs over at New Appleloosa are going to run for it. This seems to bode ill for the ponies of New Appleloosa.

Luka
2012-10-19, 08:40 PM
Hmmm...

Looks like most of the PCs over at New Appleloosa are going to run for it. This seems to bode ill for the ponies of New Appleloosa.

Wait.... What now? :smalleek:
Weren't they just told to leave because if they didn't then Red Eye and alicorns were going to attack?

Benson
2012-10-19, 08:43 PM
The were told to surrender themselves by the Goddess.

Luka
2012-10-19, 08:46 PM
The were told to surrender themselves by the Goddess.

Yea but... Wasn't the town told they weren't going to get attacked, but if they protected/aided them they were? I thought them escaping wouldn't get them in trouble :smallconfused:

Rebonack
2012-10-19, 08:58 PM
"THE CRIMINALS ARE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! CLEARLY YOU AIDED THEM IN THEIR ESCAPE. WE HAD HOPED YOU WOULD NOT MAKE SUCH A FOALISH CHOICE. THE PONIES OF THIS SETTLEMENT ARE FORFEIT."

"Please have mercy! They used magic! They escaped without our knowledge!"

"OH DID THEY NOW? HOW CONVENIENT FOR YOU."

Aaaaand that's more or less how it would go.

Seriously, you thought that slipping away unnoticed would make everything end in sunshine and rainbows?

Tychris1
2012-10-19, 09:09 PM
I'll be honest. I personally imagined him sounding just a bit more like ARAGHAST THE PILLAGER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb889frNf1E)!

While calling the New Appleoosa group "Lowly lickspittles" is great his voice is just too heavily modulated to be a real voice. Araghast is kind of how he'd sound like in power barding, but when out of it it's Kurt Russell time.

Edit: And Lamia is only like 24 years old, he's not old, he's young with alot of ambition in him (And morals as flexible as a rubber brand).

Benson
2012-10-19, 09:12 PM
Another thing.......for Drowlord, I really don't think there are really that many townsponies for crowd purposes, the majority of them all ran to hide in their homes, (it was mentioned in a post) so as a pony trying to sneak towards the gates....he kinda still really stands out even illusioned.

Drowlord
2012-10-19, 09:19 PM
Elestre is not trying to sneak; he's trying to get to the gate and surrender without somepony stopping him. Which is sorta the point, he's loyal enough to his town that he'll sacrifice himself for it. He tried to make it so that the alicorns would kill just him, but it didn't work, so he's giving himself up because he hopes he might still get them to spare part of the city.

Benson
2012-10-19, 09:24 PM
Elestre is not trying to sneak; he's trying to get to the gate and surrender without somepony stopping him. Which is sorta the point, he's loyal enough to his town that he'll sacrifice himself for it. He tried to make it so that the alicorns would kill just him, but it didn't work, so he's giving himself up because he hopes he might still get them to spare part of the city.

Mmm, yes, I re-re-read that part just now. Though however, there isn't still much of a crowd with pony folks having had ran to their houses in feat, for consistency sakes. Anyways, it does however, give a more striking image of a lone pony walking in an empty street towards Railright and the guards there ;)

Luka
2012-10-19, 09:52 PM
"THE CRIMINALS ARE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! CLEARLY YOU AIDED THEM IN THEIR ESCAPE. WE HAD HOPED YOU WOULD NOT MAKE SUCH A FOALISH CHOICE. THE PONIES OF THIS SETTLEMENT ARE FORFEIT."

"Please have mercy! They used magic! They escaped without our knowledge!"

"OH DID THEY NOW? HOW CONVENIENT FOR YOU."

Aaaaand that's more or less how it would go.

Seriously, you thought that slipping away unnoticed would make everything end in sunshine and rainbows?

Oh... Eugh, I thought they were really just going to let the town be and search somewhere else if they did go away
Shall I retcon my post then? :smallconfused:

Edit: Oh, Elestre's giving in himself, Luka could intervene now :smalltongue:
Also, is the alicorn really going to give them to Red Eye? Asking cuz they're both technically foals (Elestre's 13, Luka's 14), though Luka's more likely to get in trouble than Elestre :smalltongue:

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-19, 10:10 PM
Hey, Luka? I'm kinda waiting on Gleamy Mind in North Equestria. Here's the relevant post from 2 pages back.

[Spring near Girdershade]

"Alright then! Follow me, I guess."

And Xithr heads off!

Rebonack
2012-10-19, 10:40 PM
Oh... Eugh, I thought they were really just going to let the town be and search somewhere else if they did go away
Shall I retcon my post then? :smallconfused:

Don't do that! Just roll with it. People are already reacting. And it is possible that your character made an error in judgement just like you did =P

Edit: Oh, Elestre's giving in himself, Luka could intervene now :smalltongue:
Also, is the alicorn really going to give them to Red Eye? Asking cuz they're both technically foals (Elestre's 13, Luka's 14), though Luka's more likely to get in trouble than Elestre :smalltongue:

*cough*

They are young adults, but with a maturity level of anywhere from 12 - 18. I guess I sort of justify it in my head that in real life, horses are adults by the time they are 2 or so. MLPs are horses with human brains, so they grow up fast, but mature slower.

Ponies hit puberty at about 2 years old and finish maturing at 4. From there on out their rate of aging slows down considerably. A foal is less than 1 year old. A filly/colt is between two and four. And stallions and mares are older than four.

The more you know! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlSv4SUYWo)

Benson
2012-10-19, 10:42 PM
That's why I just go with "Their age is equivalent to a human twenty year old" its simpler for me to mentally grasp it.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-19, 10:44 PM
Ponies hit puberty at about 2 years old and finish maturing at 4. From there on out their rate of aging slows down considerably. A foal is less than 1 year old. A filly/colt is between two and four. And stallions and mares are older than four.

...Well. I suppose that sorta throws some chaos into Ebon Flame's backstory, given that I wrote it under the assumption that the development of a large brain would give ponies a more or less human maturation rate. :smalleek:

Lycan 01
2012-10-19, 10:49 PM
That's why I just go with "Their age is equivalent to a human twenty year old" its simpler for me to mentally grasp it.

This. :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2012-10-19, 10:49 PM
Wibbly woobly timey whimey stuff!

*wiggles fingers*

The way I look at it ponies age five times faster than humans until they hit about 4 years old. Then they slow down to a human aging rate.

What does that mean?

It means if your character is a Stallion/Mare take their 'apparent human age' and just chop 16 years off it. BAM! Now you have their pony age.

Luka
2012-10-19, 10:55 PM

Eh....I'm confused now, I'm using the "age is equivalent to a 20 years old human" thing too... I mean, as far I know, Luka's is 14 in whatever is their equivalent, he's supposed to be a teenager or so, possibly Elestre's too. :smallconfused:

Dark Elf Bard
2012-10-19, 10:56 PM
Guys, could you wait for me?

Eleyew has something to say about Elestre offering himself to some godess.

Also she's 12.

Also, Eledwhen's birhtday is tomorrow.

Lycan 01
2012-10-19, 10:56 PM
Can we just stick with human age equivalents so nobody's brain explodes? :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2012-10-19, 11:06 PM
"eh ehhehehehehehe HEHEHEHEHEH! Aaaaw, come on! Exploding brains are the BEST!"

If the pony is '20 human years' old or less divide that age by 5. That would give you their actual age.

Weeeeeeeeee!

Feel free to use whatever kind of notation you like =P Just keep in mind that they don't age exactly like we do.

Benson
2012-10-19, 11:06 PM
Keep in mind, cartoon ponies. :smalltongue:

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-19, 11:17 PM
Hmm. That must make parental relations... interesting.

I'm making a couple notes here.

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-19, 11:18 PM
Just a heads-up, but I will be heading back to college tomorrow morning. No telling when I'll get my computer and everything hooked up, but I should be back online sometime in the evening.

Luka
2012-10-19, 11:26 PM
"eh ehhehehehehehe HEHEHEHEHEH! Aaaaw, come on! Exploding brains are the BEST!"

If the pony is '20 human years' old or less divide that age by 4. That would give you their actual age.

Weeeeeeeeee!

Feel free to use whatever kind of notation you like =P Just keep in mind that they don't age exactly like we do.

...Well, if you insist on "4 is adult", I guess that puts Luka at "3,5", or "3.1" (if 18 = 4) or "2.8" (if 20=4.... Dividing by 4 would make 16 years old an adult :smallconfused:), that counts as a colt, wouldn't it?
Red Eye also takes in colts and fillies as slaves?

Lycan 01
2012-10-19, 11:34 PM
I'm personally gonna stick with human age = pony age.

And Red Eye sends colts and fillies to school. He's actually really hardcore about taking care of kids, and genuinely believes they deserve the best care, education, and attention they can be given.

Benson
2012-10-19, 11:40 PM
along with sorta brainwashing children to be loyal to him during the learning process. :smalltongue:

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-20, 12:41 AM
And Red Eye sends colts and fillies to school. He's actually really hardcore about taking care of kids, and genuinely believes they deserve the best care, education, and attention they can be given.

The best care, education and attention seems to include "strapping them to his sides as an intimidation factor". Ugh.

Lycan 01
2012-10-20, 12:45 AM
Red Eye had no say in that. Rusty Chains just needed a way to keep the "heroes" from shooting at him. :smalltongue:

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-20, 12:46 AM
Red Eye had no say in that. Rusty Chains just needed a way to keep the "heroes" from shooting at him. :smalltongue:

It's true. Red Eye would probably have his head if he knew about that. :smalltongue:

EDIT: @V: For the record, freeing the slaves really was Luka's idea. Ebon was in it for personal vengeance against Rusty Chains and pretended to be a staunch abolitionist for the sake of turning some actual heroes onto his side for a time. :smallamused:

(That isn't to say he supports slavery; Quite the opposite. However, freeing the slaves was not actually his primary goal.)

Luka
2012-10-20, 12:47 AM
I'm personally gonna stick with human age = pony age.

I kind of do prefer sticking with that too :smalltongue:

Also that it maybe could get a bit interesting if they notice he's wearing stable stuff and that he was pretty much the one that started the idea of the whole group attacking Old Appleloosa ( I think, and besides Ebon Flame )

I guess things then could get a bit more awkward and possiblye less "friendly as colt" for him, wouldn't they? :smalltongue:

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-20, 01:01 AM
Well, I think someone so concerned about children would at least treat them a little better than that, even if it wasn't his idea.

By the way, I checked to see if alicorns have any kind of special poison resistances just to make sure my plan wasn't too dangerous. It appears they do not. :smallamused:

Lycan 01
2012-10-20, 01:03 AM
*cough* Bright Eyes *cough*

:smalltongue:

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-20, 01:06 AM
I... think I'd like to give the former hostages a chance to comment on the situation first.

Lycan 01
2012-10-20, 01:10 AM
Ah, my mistake. I'll prod Bob a bit then. :smalltongue:

MCerberus
2012-10-20, 01:13 AM
Purity, I think the Alicorn is an image and not the real thing. In either case, it would bring WRAAAAATH down on the town.

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-20, 01:18 AM
...Right. I'll make a few adjustments.

Chaotic Bob
2012-10-20, 01:30 AM
WE MADE A DEAL TO SPARE YOU ONCE.
WE WERE BETRAYED.

WE OFFERED THE CHANCE OF PEACEFUL SURRENDER.
WE WERE ATTACKED.

THERE WILL BE NO MORE CHANCES.

Impulsive violence is not always the answer, guys...
Let's see some long term thinking here.

Think.
Which would be easier to deal with? A horde of pissed off super-ponies?
Or some Red Eye slave-drivers?

Benson
2012-10-20, 01:32 AM
Impulsive violence is not always the answer, guys...
Let's see some long term thinking here.

Think.
Which would be easier to deal with? A horde of pissed off super-ponies?
Or some Red Eye slave-drivers?

Obviously its the pissed off super ponies who can murder my face with nary a thought!

Scrappy: Let me at 'em! Let me at 'em!

*dies*

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-20, 05:33 AM
Scrappy: Let me at 'em! Let me at 'em!

*dies*

And thus, Unity achieves some measure of good PR by felling a foe more despised than themselves.

Benson
2012-10-20, 06:02 AM
Swift Star the ninja themed ghoul once a soldier.

http://i50.tinypic.com/ipv3ut.jpg

Rebonack
2012-10-20, 11:28 AM
*looks at ninja pony bio*

I'm sorry, but Epic Mustache is WAY too powerful of a spell for a pony to have.

Benson
2012-10-20, 11:39 AM
*looks at ninja pony bio*

I'm sorry, but Epic Mustache is WAY too powerful of a spell for a pony to have.

Yea well I'm not compromising on that harrumph! *crosses arms* ;D :smalltongue:

Tychris1
2012-10-20, 01:23 PM
And that's why I wanted to use that song :smallbiggrin:

Lamianos should probably read the side effects before gulping down painkillers like he does most chems. Hallucinations man......

Dark Elf Bard
2012-10-20, 01:26 PM
Jesus Celestia. :eek:

Tychris1
2012-10-20, 01:29 PM
:biggrin: Well, you did say Eledwhen's birthday was soon.

Also, cookie to whoever gets the reference.

Luka
2012-10-20, 01:37 PM
:smalleek: Lamianos is pyro!
Maybe he just lost his flamethrower giant trumpet-horn-thing? :smalltongue:

Dark Elf Bard
2012-10-20, 01:38 PM
Rainblower?

Also!!! (http://www.teamfortress.com/movies.php)

Which is the best?

Tychris1
2012-10-20, 01:50 PM
Close Luka, but no cigar. Guess again (Albiet where I got it from was inspired by Meet the Pyro, so you're very close).

Rebonack
2012-10-20, 05:28 PM
Oi...

Yeah. Night Jewel has preeeeetty much killed herself at this point. Telekinetic Rend can be stopped. It takes a few moments for it to do its thing. But it needs to be interrupted. EG, somepony needs to break Blackheart's focus. And if everypony starts attacking Blackheart this is going to turn into a complete bloodbath.

Srs. Throwing a knife at the alicorn was a really really bad plan. My suggestion is to just take the PC death on the chin. Because this sort of thing is going to happen every now and again.

MCerberus
2012-10-20, 05:49 PM
Well Finder's likely going to just take the opportunity of stunned slavers to go into his focus spell and start firing, so... for the greater good?

Luka
2012-10-20, 06:04 PM
Oi...

Yeah. Night Jewel has preeeeetty much killed herself at this point. Telekinetic Rend can be stopped. It takes a few moments for it to do its thing. But it needs to be interrupted. EG, somepony needs to break Blackheart's focus. And if everypony starts attacking Blackheart this is going to turn into a complete bloodbath.

Srs. Throwing a knife at the alicorn was a really really bad plan. My suggestion is to just take the PC death on the chin. Because this sort of thing is going to happen every now and again.

Wow Wow Wow
....Wow
I know it fits with the setting and that, but just plain going "take the PC death on the chin" ain't exactly what should be done about it, ever.
It's Purity's character, he pretty much decides it's range.... Though yeah, throwing a knife like that wasn't exactly a good plan, BUT ELEYEW HAD TO WARN HER!! :smallfurious:

Now, what would be the chances of Luka pulling out his pistol and shooting her horn off with S.A.T.S.? :smalltongue:

Chaotic Bob
2012-10-20, 06:20 PM
Let's just do this the easy way and be blunt:

Violence should probably stop while the alicorns are nearby, for now.
Violence begets violence.

Alicorns are really good at violence.

Blackheart is making that point as clear as it can be possibly made right now.

They and the Goddess are very likely the single most powerful things in the Wasteland, but they're held back by their arrogance in that fact.
Generally, what that means, is to follow Twilight's advice: Be Smart.

Look at the action you're about to take, consider the consequences.
What happens if it succeeds? What happens if it fails?
Is the risk of what happens upon failure worth it?

Rebonack
2012-10-20, 06:21 PM
PC die in RP games. It happens. Due to the usual lack of GMs (which this RP doesn't have) PC death is often times rather rare. That is a bit less true here for obvious reasons. Despite our subtle (and not so subtle) hints PCs still do things that are likely to put their lives at extreme risk.

Night Jewel could have avoided potential death by:

1) Not throwing the dumb knife.

or

2) Take a grazing hit from the counter-attack and slump over. Probably would have been enough to get the Goddess off her case.

Instead she chose to continue mouthing off with her silly accent. Editing the knife-throw post to include OOC knowledge did not help her case. The alicorn wasn't an illusion after all, but that was still really bad form.

What I mean by 'take the PC death on the chin' is simply let it happen because the alternatives are quite a bit worse. Night Jewel can die. Or the party can try fighting back against a Named Alicorn, at least six armed slavers, and possibly the guards from New Appleloosa if they want to make darn sure that the Goddess and Red Eye don't hold this snafu against them. All with absolutely no cover to protect themselves whilst flanked already.

This is me waving my arms around and saying 'Think about what you do before you do it!' because there are consequences for you choices.

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-20, 06:25 PM
I object to your heavy-handed character murdering. You put me in a situation with pretty much no hope, and now you expect me to just roll over and accept it?

Maybe the alicorn could have tried to be reasonable. The illusion didn't vanish unless she got hit, so for all she knew, Night Jewel attempted to humiliate her with a hairbrush. This is kind of ridiculous. In any case, you shouldn't jump straight to "kill off an important PC".

I'm through with this entire setting, I think, unless you decide to be merciful. I am literally shaking with rage as I type this.

MCerberus
2012-10-20, 06:40 PM
Alright for the group currently about to go to their slavey doom, I have two plans:

Use a distraction before being collared to shoot up the train.

or less suicidy: Bad guys love leaving prisoners alone at some point, usually after torturing or beating the main character, or their current sensai so- "I don't like this"- silence you... we have two ponies with science tagged. Bomb collars... science... you know

Chaotic Bob
2012-10-20, 06:47 PM
Okay, the alicorn has been reasonable a few times now, for something in her position.

This event is a summation of choices.
The choice to attack Old Appleoosa, the failure to back away when things were clearly really wrong, Ebon's dealing and breaking and Enervating, violence in New Appleoosa.

I tried to offer a hint earlier. Getting captured would have been a fairly straight forward option.
Get put on a train with slavers, beat the crap out of them once Blackheart moves on, save some people this time, be better heroes.

When a proper villain threatens you, they follow through.
Blackheart has been offering plenty of opportunities and threats, with little substance to them.

Welcome to the substance.

Positive Edit: Cerberus there has the right idea. Kudos. Planning is a good thing.

Rebonack
2012-10-20, 06:47 PM
Just take a deep breath and relax. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqf8Cx0EXCk) This is a game.

I didn't put you guys into this situation. I did, however, spend quite a bit of time discussing events with the other GMs trying to avoid it at all costs. Allow me to summarize.

1) The PCs decided to head down to Old Appleloosa and attack it unprovoked.

2) When the plan went pear-shaped everypony decided to stick it out and keep fighting instead of running away.

3) A deal was cut with the Goddess to allow all the PCs to survive.

4) Deal with the Goddess was broken.

5) PCs decided to confront Blackheart instead of fleeing New Appleloosa. The town would have been bucked, but you would have lived.

6) Night Jewel decides to attack Blackheart.

7) Night Jewel dodges the counter-attack instead of taking a hit.

And that leads us to where we are now. All along the way we've been dropping subtle and not so subtle hints that have been ignored for the most part.

Of course that's all irreverent since Night Jewel just made like The Flash and zoomed away. That's certainly one way to break a TK spell. I think I should point out here that there are no 'Important PCs'. Everypony in this game is just as important and just as vulnerable to the results of messing up.

EDIT OF DOOM!

Going with the Slavers and removing the collars is a much better plan. Break out and jump the train. It's a pretty long trip to Fillydelphia and escaping is very much a possibility. Blackheart wouldn't be along for the ride so you would only have the slavers to deal with.

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-20, 07:12 PM
Let's see... For counterpoints...

1: It was intended to simply free slaves, which is an ultimately good action, and Night Jewel only fought when she needed to.

2: Unlike the others, Night Jewel actually was fleeing.

3 & 4: Completely beyond my control.

5: She actually was trying to sneak out. It just got misinterpreted as surrendering.

6: It would have worked had it not been for Eleyew being a terrible judge of character, and if it were thwarted, it shouldn't look like an outright attack.

7: It sounded like the reflected knife would be deadly. I had my character's survival at heart there.

Basically, there were a bunch of misunderstandings and hasty assumptions that led us down the wrong path. It wasn't malicious. It was just mistakes. We may be able to work things out.

Still, character killing is not to be taken lightly, and if I'm to part with any of my characters, it should be on my terms, not yours. Got it?

Luka
2012-10-20, 07:32 PM
EDIT OF DOOM!

Going with the Slavers and removing the collars is a much better plan. Break out and jump the train. It's a pretty long trip to Fillydelphia and escaping is very much a possibility. Blackheart wouldn't be along for the ride so you would only have the slavers to deal with.

I was actually starting to plan about doing something like this too :smalltongue:, kinda leaves Red Eye's reaction to a colt being one of the main planners of the OA attack still floating..... But could make it more interesting if they do meet later on :smalltongue:

Also.... About "Important PCs", they are called mains, they're the characters players put more effort into, and I think those would be a bit more delicate to treat about, wouldn't they?

....Oh, she just escaped. Well, I do agree that there were some subtle hints on how to proceed through and warnings, and that some were just ignored, but.... Well; just trying to be nice and not be blunt anyways.

So he's not pulling out a gun then, I guess Luka's could...Eh, stand still :smallbiggrin:

Rebonack
2012-10-20, 07:37 PM
This game has GMs. It isn't a typical FFRP where everyone is their own little GM for their own character. At least not to the usual extent. This has been made abundantly clear multiple times in the OOC. We're building scenarios for you guys and when push comes to shove we have to make some hard choices about how things are going to go down.

I don't like PCs getting into situations where there's no reasonable way to avoid being killed. That's why I openly comment on character's plans when they're posted here in the OOC. Had you run any of NJ's plans past me I would have told you what the likely outcomes would be and why they were bad ideas.

This is a VERY useful resource if you don't want you ponies to get imploded by alicorn TK. I would suggest you take better advantage of it in the future.

Oh, by the way. Flash (what you're calling acceleration powder) causes some pretty nasty muscular damage when it wears off. All drugs in Fallout Equestria (with the exception of Potions and RadX 'n RadAway) are a double-edged sword.

Drowlord
2012-10-20, 07:43 PM
Alright for the group currently about to go to their slavey doom, I have two plans:

Use a distraction before being collared to shoot up the train.

or less suicidy: Bad guys love leaving prisoners alone at some point, usually after torturing or beating the main character, or their current sensai so- "I don't like this"- silence you... we have two ponies with science tagged. Bomb collars... science... you know

Thanks so much, Ceberus. Glad we have somebody/pony who plans deeper than I do :smalltongue: . Plan Two seems good, and, as it will snap Elestre out of his depressed suicidal mood, maybe he could help. One of his skills is improvised weaponry, which will be useful if the gang breaks out, in addition to his illusionry, which has been his most useful skill so far.

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-20, 07:46 PM
Thanks so much, Ceberus. Glad we have somebody/pony who plans deeper than I do :smalltongue: . Plan Two seems good, and, as it will snap Elestre out of his depressed suicidal mood, maybe he could help. One of his skills is improvised weaponry, which will be useful if the gang breaks out, in addition to his illusionry, which has been his most useful skill so far.

You know what time it is?

BOMB-COLLAR-NUNCHUCKS TIME!

*gets beaten senseless for having bad ideas*

MCerberus
2012-10-20, 07:49 PM
Actually, the big danger I think of having Finder be the one to pop the collars is that getting his own off will drain a lot of magic juice. He won't be able to do crazy gunslinger moves for long.

Luka
2012-10-20, 07:52 PM
Actually, the big danger I think of having Finder be the one to pop the collars is that getting his own off will drain a lot of magic juice. He won't be able to do crazy gunslinger moves for long.

Luka could take that position, he's tagged in small arms/guns, also in science :smalltongue:

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-20, 08:03 PM
Oh, by the way. Flash (what you're calling acceleration powder) causes some pretty nasty muscular damage when it wears off. All drugs in Fallout Equestria (with the exception of Potions and RadX 'n RadAway) are a double-edged sword.

So I guess when she's done running away, she'll be...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...a little hoarse.

Tychris1
2012-10-20, 08:08 PM
So I guess when she's done running away, she'll be...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...a little hoarse.

*Pulls Lamianos out of the pony dimension*
*Straps a balefire bomb to his back*
*Pumps him with Hallucinogenic drugs*
*Chucks him at you, guns ablazing*

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-20, 10:55 PM
Close Luka, but no cigar. Guess again (Albiet where I got it from was inspired by Meet the Pyro, so you're very close).

Alright, this took some searching to find. Is it, by any chance, this (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/41583/Emperor%27s-Child-in-Equestria)?

Tychris1
2012-10-20, 11:12 PM
Alright, this took some searching to find. Is it, by any chance, this (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/41583/Emperor%27s-Child-in-Equestria)?

DING DING DING DING DING! We have a winner! Slaanesh truly sings through you *Hands over cookie emmanating with chaotic wubs*. Absolutely love that story.

Benson
2012-10-21, 12:12 AM
Here is essentially a simple crummy map of the basic look of Pricklytown, TyChris1 for your use.

http://i49.tinypic.com/nd3exi.jpg

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-21, 12:17 AM
DING DING DING DING DING! We have a winner! Slaanesh truly sings through you *Hands over cookie emmanating with chaotic wubs*. Absolutely love that story.

Yay!

In other news, I apparently never posted and just previewed it instead. Thus, I had to retype a post. RAEG. :smalltongue:

Tychris1
2012-10-21, 12:51 AM
Cool, a map.

Also, I just got out of a fit of uncontrollable laughter as I started reading what was going down with everyone else's characters. Just reading NJ's reaction to Blackhearts Telekenisis made me choke and vomit on my coke, especially when I look back on Lamia's incident with Blackheart. She's a freaking Ninja.

Benson
2012-10-21, 04:58 AM
So any thoughts on that ninja character? I'm trying to make sure its not stepping on anyone's hooves...err toes.

Essentially, I see them working for a big antagonist/or at least being appointed to work for one, but not being necessarily evil themselves. More like a little jaded on life and has latched onto the next big' schemer of the decade and their so called plans to fix equestria regardless of the means.

Benson
2012-10-21, 04:12 PM
do magical energy beams sound like gunshots?

if yer referring to Fox's gun, Rebonack, it was silenced, there would be a brief barely audible 'wheep wheep' noise.

Rebonack
2012-10-21, 04:15 PM
<_<

>_>

Clearly the ghouls must have heard the other ghouls making ghoul noises. Or the MEW on Sprinkles.

*notes that Fox's gun is silenced*

Benson
2012-10-21, 10:38 PM
I take it battle saddles or equivalent are available as well?

Rebonack
2012-10-21, 10:55 PM
There are a number of battle saddles there, yes. Though of course they need to be equipped with weapons.

Not that there's any lack of weapons.

=P

Once everypony has grabbed something I'll move the scene along with the next little fun activity!

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-22, 12:30 AM
@DJ Pon3: I'll write a news update once the New Appleloosa situation is resolved, and once Lucky and crew are done fighting/surviving/dying.

*Cough* :smalltongue:

And yes, I totally will go post in Southern Equestria now.

Lycan 01
2012-10-22, 12:32 AM
I'm trying to resolve the situation with the hostages, Flim and Flam, and Bright Eyes first. Once that's all done, and they set off, Flim and Flam will turn on a radio to help pass the time. Then I'll do the new report.

Waiting for Purity right now, actually... :smalltongue:

Luka
2012-10-22, 12:46 AM
I'm trying to resolve the situation with the hostages, Flim and Flam, and Bright Eyes first. Once that's all done, and they set off, Flim and Flam will turn on a radio to help pass the time. Then I'll do the new report.

Waiting for Purity right now, actually... :smalltongue:

Luka could put his radio on too, right? I mean, I doubt the slavers could take his pipbuck away, could they? assuming is as hard to take off as in the games.

Lycan 01
2012-10-22, 01:04 AM
Luka could put his radio on too, right? I mean, I doubt the slavers could take his pipbuck away, could they? assuming is as hard to take off as in the games.

Yeah, he can turn it on. Not like he can really use it to escape. At least, not to their knowledge. Plus the slavers may have a radio nearby or something, so other PCs can overhear it.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-22, 01:05 AM

You would be right; Littlepip went to Fillydelphia itself undercover as a slave at one point, and it was directly stated that the inhabitants would not be able to remove her pipbuck without also taking the rest of her leg.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Benson
2012-10-22, 01:13 AM
whelp, with all the silence about it, I'm going in with my OP ninja character no one seems to mind to be at that level. so no one complain later on.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-22, 01:17 AM
whelp, with all the silence about it, I'm going in with my OP ninja character no one seems to mind to be at that level. so no one complain later on.

He seems okay, though I'd question T3 telekinesis; That's Twilight Sparkle-Caliber.

Luka
2012-10-22, 01:34 AM
I found it kind of Ok.... Seems like a find character for wandering around and meeting other PCs :smalltongue:

Benson
2012-10-22, 02:10 AM
He seems okay, though I'd question T3 telekinesis; That's Twilight Sparkle-Caliber.

I don't mind taking it down a notch if only to keep his level 4 teleportation. He can teleport to any distance he's been, however, if its not someplace within viewing distance he incurs a 50 percent chance of it backfiring and exploding on him. He can is able to teleport others with him but there's always that 50 percent chance of his teleportees to catch on fire. I also like the idea, that his magic draws its power from gemstones, limiting his use of his powerful magic for conservation purposes.

Except for Epic Mustache, that's a cantrip to be cast with no repercussions. :smalltongue:

I found it kind of Ok.... Seems like a fine character for wandering around and meeting other PCs :smalltongue:

I' feel like that smiley means there's more to that comment. *stare*
===

Also, random edit. I knew using trigger words like 'OP' would get attention :smalltongue:

Luka
2012-10-22, 04:11 PM
I' feel like that smiley means there's more to that comment. *stare*

A bit, kind of :smalltongue:
Just curiosity about how he could be towards different characters, being the "seen many do similar things" type

Also, for the train group. Have we even figured out whose's colla is being unlocked? :smalleek:

Rebonack
2012-10-22, 04:15 PM
You removed the collar from Explodey McGee! His special talent is blowing himself up! He'll now thank everypony by sharing an explosion with you.

=D

MCerberus
2012-10-22, 04:21 PM
Finder removed the collar from the pony that volunteered to get it off that would be good at following instructions.

Luka
2012-10-22, 04:35 PM
Finder removed the collar from the pony that volunteered to get it off that would be good at following instructions.

I guess that one is a random npc then?

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-22, 06:33 PM
[Whitetail Woods]

"Bow bow bow! Bow bow bow! Bow bow bow! Bow bow bow!"

...Oh no. I'd know that theme tune anywhere. :smalleek:

(NOTHING CAN STOP THE *Dies*)

Also, buzzing noise in Ponyville? Raiders that ignore potential kill targets? My money's on Mesmer having shown up. :smalleek:

Luka
2012-10-23, 12:16 AM
Rebonack, I think you missed the Train part? :smallconfused:

Rebonack
2012-10-23, 12:27 AM
I need Bard to post before I can do anything at the train, sadly.

So that will have to wait =/

Benson
2012-10-23, 03:45 AM
Where's a good place I can stick Swift Star? I kinda like the idea that he's working a job as an escort for the slavers on the train probably hired by Red Eye or at least whoever the high ranking slaver leader dude is.

Rebonack
2012-10-23, 11:58 AM
Well, if you like you could have your ninja spot the ponies as they escape from the stock-car. Y'know. Once they figure out how to do that.

MCerberus
2012-10-23, 12:30 PM
This is grimdark and in Pinkie territory, 90% chance those balloons are filled with Hydrogen.

Rebonack
2012-10-23, 03:05 PM
Actually the setting isn't grimdark.

Grimdark by definition is a setting that is basically hopeless and where there really isn't any good to speak of.

Fallout Equestria has little hope and little good, which makes them shine all the brighter where they appear.

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-23, 03:11 PM
Question from somepony who hasn't read the book: Are alicorns capable of flight?

Tychris1
2012-10-23, 03:11 PM
Question from somepony who hasn't read the book: Are alicorns capable of flight?

Alicorns are a combination of Unicorn, Pegasus, and Earth Pony. If a pony can do something, an Alicorn can to (And alot of the time, better).

Lycan 01
2012-10-23, 03:16 PM

Grimdark by definition is a setting that is basically hopeless and where there really isn't any good to speak of.

Fallout Equestria has little hope and little good, which makes them shine all the brighter where they appear.

There's plenty of comic relief, too. And every fic seems to vary in its level of grimness and darkness, depending on the writers' tastes. Project Horizons is a lot darker than the original FO:E, while some side-fics are a bit less dark and more funny than the original FO:E.

Generally speaking, though, it's typically easier to just call it grimdark or grimdark-lite, rather than semi-grimdark with some small points of optimism and a healthy sprinkling of comic relief and a dose of Your Mileage May Vary. :smalltongue:

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-23, 03:21 PM
Alicorns are a combination of Unicorn, Pegasus, and Earth Pony. If a pony can do something, an Alicorn can to (And alot of the time, better).

Huh.

Okay then, fair warning, I'm going to get my powergaming hat on. It will be coming off in a few seconds, please do not smite me with your mystical powers of imagination DMs.

*dons hat*

If Anoma could fly, then why didn't she just use her wings to get out of reach of the Smooze? And with Ebon's (a proven adept of telekinesis) and the other unicorn's help, they probably would've had enough magic between them to levitate the rest of the ponies to safety. Heck, she had enough magic to launch a daggum meteor, she could probably manage a few ponies.

I know that would've made for a really boring encounter, and yes, it's more than likely Anoma was freaking out and not thinking straight, what with Smooze and not being connected to Unity, and maybe I'm misunderstanding levitation horribly, but it just struck me as a potentially obvious route of escape.

*doffs hat*

*gets smote for horrible run-on sentence*

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-23, 03:23 PM

Says the poster currently controlling a mountain-sized RadShoggoth. :smalltongue:

Anyway, yeah. That's pretty much guaranteed death. Time for the Godzilla Threshold. It's quite literally Ebon's best option. At least for himself. Not so much for anything else that gets caught in the crossfire. :smallamused::smalleek:

Rebonack
2012-10-23, 03:23 PM
>_>

I would just call it a Dark setting. As opposed to a GRIMDARK setting.

Typically GRIMDARK should be in all caps so it is clear just how GRIMDARK it is.

And as for alicorns...

Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Unnamed Princess From Hearts And Hooves Day are all natural alicorns. The alicorns in FO:E were created artificially via SCIENCE!

Alicorns have all the spells of a unicorn, the weather and flight abilities of a pegasus, and the resilience and innate magic of an earth pony. All of this in addition to a much greater natural well of magical power. AND the ability to absorb magical radiation to heal and augment their spells.

Like LilPip puts it, alicorns are full of cheatery.

Says the poster currently controlling a mountain-sized RadShoggoth. :smalltongue:

Anyway, yeah. That's pretty much guaranteed death. Time for the Godzilla Threshold. It's quite literally Ebon's best option. At least for himself. Not so much for anything else that gets caught in the crossfire. :smallamused::smalleek:

Anoma hit the thing with Meteor, a super-irradiated version of her Starfall spell. That only slowed it down. At best Ebon might be able to scatter the Smooze around a bit or delay it. But in the end it'll still come for him and everypony else.

Because Nothing Can Stop the Smooze.

A GOOD IDEA!

Before getting Unity'd Anoma's special talent was teleportation magic. If it were Blackheart with the party then she could probably pull off what you're describing.

Also. Who's to say the Smooze hasn't devoured pegasus >_>

Smooze can only exist in environments with EXTREME levels of ambient radiation. At the moment the critter is already in the danger zone. Anoma thought they would be safe since they're some distance from the irradiated heart of Whitetail Woods.

If it spends too much time in an environment without enough ambient magic to sustain it the Smooze starts drying out into inert sludge.

Tychris1
2012-10-23, 03:34 PM
*dons hat*

If Anoma could fly, then why didn't she just use her wings to get out of reach of the Smooze? And with Ebon's (a proven adept of telekinesis) and the other unicorn's help, they probably would've had enough magic between them to levitate the rest of the ponies to safety. Heck, she had enough magic to launch a daggum meteor, she could probably manage a few ponies.

I know that would've made for a really boring encounter, and yes, it's more than likely Anoma was freaking out and not thinking straight, what with Smooze and not being connected to Unity, and maybe I'm misunderstanding levitation horribly, but it just struck me as a potentially obvious route of escape.

*doffs hat*

Ok, well levitating oneself is not an easy task in the slightest. It's very draining to those not adept to telekenisis. An Alicorn and MAYBE Ebon could pull it off (If he is more powerful with TK then I think he is) but an average joe shmoe cultist unicorn? Highly doubt it. Also:

*Anome Levitates everyone around her alongside the unicorns*

*Flies away*

*Smooze just follows them*

Ok, you just stopped yourself from being eaten for a little bit. Good work. Not really powergaming in the slightest though. Power gaming would be chucking a meteor at the thing, which didn't work either.

Lycan 01
2012-10-23, 03:52 PM
Calls upon the agency of the stars themselves,

.........you fool. :smalleek:

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-23, 03:53 PM
.........you fool. :smalleek:

When I said "Godzilla Threshold," I might have been understating it slightly. :eek:

Rebonack
2012-10-23, 05:05 PM
Your wish is granted.

In retrospect, Luna wasn't very happy with how her wish was granted either.

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-23, 05:26 PM
...I...wow. I need to go make myself laugh or something. Not thinking of leaving, not depressed, just too much bleakness with my ponies for me right now.

British Comedy until mood improves.

Rebonack
2012-10-23, 05:41 PM
...I...wow. I need to go make myself laugh or something. Not thinking of leaving, not depressed, just too much bleakness with my ponies for me right now.

British Comedy until mood improves.

This never fails to make me smile. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqf8Cx0EXCk)

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Luka
2012-10-23, 07:33 PM

"Of course! I don't need to stop you! but to DESTROY you! :smallbiggrin:"

Smooze can only exist in environments with EXTREME levels of ambient radiation. At the moment the critter is already in the danger zone. Anoma thought they would be safe since they're some distance from the irradiated heart of Whitetail Woods.

If it spends too much time in an environment without enough ambient magic to sustain it the Smooze starts drying out into inert sludge.

So, If I'm not wrong, it is a very, very big slime that moves abnormally fast and hits really really hard?

....Could a balefire bomb incinerate it? :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2012-10-23, 07:45 PM
"Starswirl? What is it?"
"The Smooze. A demon of the ancient world. This foe is beyond all of you. RUN!"

>_>

A Balefire Bomb would probably send it back to Tartaurus.

Also: waited long enough. Posting for the train now.

Luka
2012-10-23, 10:19 PM
Wait... Ebon's really going to get unified? :smalleek:
....I guess there goes any chance for more "newly freed" alicorns, doesn't it?

Benson
2012-10-23, 10:25 PM
Well, if you like you could have your ninja spot the ponies as they escape from the stock-car. Y'know. Once they figure out how to do that.

I figure a nice set up scene where's being spoken to by the slavers, maybe stuff about making him check on the slaves (not in particular our PC slaves, but any and all being transported slaves). Or just trying to chat about to him and finding his lack of chatter spooky and talking crap about him, whatever xD

Rebonack
2012-10-23, 10:34 PM
I think that can be set up easily enough. In fact, I can do that right now!

And should Unity figure out how to defend against necrotic magic then severing alicorns from Unity won't be possible any longer. It ALSO means that the Goddess can dispatch a team of alicorns to Hoofington to secure Project Chimera, which may offer means to make alicorn stallions.

And if she can do that she won't need Red Eye anymore <_<

Luka
2012-10-23, 11:10 PM

And should Unity figure out how to defend against necrotic magic then severing alicorns from Unity won't be possible any longer. It ALSO means that the Goddess can dispatch a team of alicorns to Hoofington to secure Project Chimera, which may offer means to make alicorn stallions.

Oh... So that actually means no more "newly freed" alicorn PCs?.... Aww :smallfrown:

I guess then Maripony's bomb needs to be exploded ASAP?.... Reproducing alicorns wouldn't see like nice :smalleek:

Lycan 01
2012-10-23, 11:11 PM

Welp, looks like we broke the setting. :smallsigh:

Quickly, let's think of a wrench to throw in her plans... :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2012-10-23, 11:13 PM
Sounds like a QUEST to me!

I'm sure Bob would be pleased as punch to get to torment some PCs in Hoofington.

Luka
2012-10-23, 11:23 PM

...I was actually getting afraid of that, alicorns like that could be.... Not exactly nice? :smalleek:

Yeah, want me to have... Something sent their way?

Also, now there's a ninja on an unarmed colt, stallion, and another colt wielding an improvised weapon? :smalleek:
...I think I may be making a team, I would need to have "Ray" going back to some base/outpost/something, having a plot of him being the "Obi Wan" to Aisis and Mile, whose parents may or may not suspect of Ray being a bit.... Unrangerish, aaand maybe Burnshine doing something

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-24, 12:04 AM

Let's see, ways to screw things up:

1) Goddess gets over-confident and mentions something to the effect of "Your friends are still slaves, lulz". Or heck, maybe she's genre-blind enough to spout the whole plan. Might be enough to get Ebon to realize he's about to make a horrible mistake.

2) Somehow, breaking AlicornEbon out before they can figure out how to defend against necrotic energy. Except then they'd still have his knowledge, so shenanigans would have to be pulled.

3) Finding a weakness that isn't necrotic energy?

4) Fight a "hold-the-line" mission in Hoofington until something can be permanently done about Maripony. Seeing how the enemies are Alicorns, this strikes me as a Bad Idea.

5) Ebon somehow gets rescued a fifth time. From Maripony. I don't know, nuclear robot bears or something.

So let's see here, a plan that might work if the Goddess borks up, a plan with so many logical holes that it hurts my brain, a plan to try and find something that may not exist, a suicide mission for a whole town, and nuclear robot bears that are probably ninjas too.

...we're screwed, aren't we?

Tychris1
2012-10-24, 12:12 AM
We need to send a squad of chemed up chimera rangers and give them all flamethrowers. That'll solve the problem.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-24, 12:17 AM
nuclear robot bears that are probably ninjas too.

These, obviously. (http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Star-spawn)

ELDRITCH Nuclear Ninja Bears! Unfortunately not robotic, but hey. They're CANON! :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2012-10-24, 12:24 AM
Another possibility would be to blow up the Project Chimera building in Hoofington before the Goddess finds a way to develop a resistance to Enervation.

It's also possible that Project Chimera won't be able to be used to make male alicorns. But that is a bit of a gamble.

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-24, 12:30 AM
If we need a saboteur near Hoofington... Well, I'd say it's a good thing for the world that I reject attempts at player-killing. :smallamused:

Of course, the hard part is getting her there first.

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-24, 12:35 AM
Another important concern; how the hay do our characters find out this is a thing that needs to happen, and how do enough of them band together to actually do something about it?

I'm afraid that at this rate, we the players are going to be in trouble very very soon. The antagonists are making moves and gaining power, while all the PCs are scattered and have no real reason or motivation to fight back on a grand scale. Heck, even on the small scale, it's all we can do to survive at this point. Maybe I'm just being a worrywart, but I'm a little stumped as to how we're supposed to make any measure of progress against said potential villains.

Rebonack
2012-10-24, 12:43 AM
That needn't be worried about, believe me.

Well before I have the Goddess make any moves I'll make a point of giving the PCs a heads-up regarding the plot. Coming up with something shouldn't be too terribly difficult.

HA!

It could even come from Red Eye if he suspects the Goddess is up to no good. Even IF (big if there) the Goddess gets a way to make male alicorns this would case open war between Red Eye's forces and Unity. That wouldn't be strictly BAD for any heroic characters >_>

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-24, 12:47 AM
Fair enough. Just a concern I wanted to voice, namely because I'd been seeing a lot of joke plans to deal with the situation at hoof, and not a lot of plans that made me go, "Huh, yeah that could actually work".

MCerberus
2012-10-24, 12:51 AM
I'd like to point out that Finder's plan would be "curl up into a ball because Alicorns"

Luka
2012-10-24, 12:51 AM
I'm actually more bummed that people can't make any more newly freed alicorn characters, possibly making Gleamy one of the latest ones that aren't crazy or something like that?

It seems like a bit of a mess to me :smallconfused:

Rebonack
2012-10-24, 12:56 AM
There are still any number of sundered alicorns herping around at Canterlot that someone would be clear to snag.

That won't cease to be the case until something is done about them. Probably something that would happen on screen.

Again, I want to keep all major stuff going down in such a way that a player can have somepony step up. Even if it is a pony that isn't one of their main characters.

Lycan 01
2012-10-24, 01:10 AM
Hmm. Wonder what the Legion's stake in all this would be. And I wonder which side they'd be more inclined to join - the Goddess, or Red Eye?

Heh. Red Eye may end up regretting his little trick in Old Appleloosa. :smallamused:

And where does Lucky factor in for all this?

Lucky: *sits at a bar sitting Sparkle Cola* War between all the big bads huh? Neat. *goes back to his soda*

I'm actually more bummed that people can't make any more newly freed alicorn characters, possibly making Gleamy one of the latest ones that aren't crazy or something like that?

It seems like a bit of a mess to me :smallconfused:

Well, to be fair, she's probably the only freed alicorn character in existence right now. (Not counting the ones in Canterlot, since the Pink Cloud is causing it.) They're not even supposed to exist, beyond the super-rare exceptions*. So it's not like the status quo is really changing. I doubt we would have allowed any more alicorn characters, anyway. Or at least, I would have argued against it...

*See: Fawkes and Uncle Leo in Fallout 3. :smalltongue:

Luka
2012-10-24, 01:10 AM
....:smallsigh: Ebon ignored Blaster
Now, what are the chances that Alicorn!Ebon could find the Old appleloosan party again? :smallbiggrin:

I'm guessing Finder's just going to panic, Luka doesn't know bout alicorns so he could just be like "What did you DO!!!!!!!!?"....Possibly could end up fighting the ones he tried to save by doing that?:smallconfused:

Lycan 01
2012-10-24, 01:19 AM
Er, Blade, Luka, I'm afraid I can't really do much for y'all in North right now. Since y'all decided to sleep ahead until the next morning... uh... you're kinda a day ahead of Purity and Pirate's characters in the ravine. So, I kinda need to catch them up to you, and figure out how they resolved everything with Bucky and Fizz. Then hopefully they'll sleep until the next day, and you'll all be on the same time period. Again. :smallsigh:

Or y'all can just go trail blazing in the opposite direction, and part ways with Violetta and Fleetwing. :smalltongue:

Why do people enjoy creating time paradoxes? They cause us GMs so much trouble... o.o

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-24, 01:20 AM
Er, Blade, Luka, I'm afraid I can't really do much for y'all in North right now. Since y'all decided to sleep ahead until the next morning... uh... you're kinda a day ahead of Purity and Pirate's characters in the ravine. So, I kinda need to catch them up to you, and figure out how they resolved everything with Bucky and Fizz. Then hopefully they'll sleep until the next day, and you'll all be on the same time period. Again. :smallsigh:

Or y'all can just go trail blazing in the opposite direction, and part ways with Violetta and Fleetwing. :smalltongue:

Why do people enjoy creating time paradoxes? They cause us GMs so much trouble... o.o

Whoops. I was under the impression that Fleetwing and Violetta stayed the night in town. :smalleek:

EDIT:

....:smallsigh: Ebon ignored Blaster
Now, what are the chances that Alicorn!Ebon could find the Old appleloosan party again? :smallbiggrin:

Blaster was reasonable, but ultimately the only other way to go would be Ponyville and that'd make a mess of the plot. Also, the whole "Loyalty" thing, since Anoma had a pretty good point about having screwed over the New Appleoosan group.

Also, I doubt he she'd exactly be recognizable anymore, with all defining features and cutie mark missing.

Luka
2012-10-24, 01:21 AM
...Wait what? :smalleek:
I though Violetta and Fleetwing were already at the next day :smallconfused:

Lycan 01
2012-10-24, 01:26 AM
Oh, are they? I could have sworn they left the shack after they got settled in! I'll go back and check.

If so, then my apologies for my goof up. :smallsigh:

From what I read, they sat down in the shack and talked for awhile... then just got up and left. So yeah, they're still on the same day. :smalleek:

But if everyone can agree, then we can retcon it and say Fleetwing and Violetta slept in the shack for the night then set out first thing in the morning. Because I'm feeling nice, and balancing/realism issues are a bit less headache to me than time paradoxes and chronological discrepancies. :smallsigh:

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-24, 01:39 AM
Oh, are they? I could have sworn they left the shack after they got settled in! I'll go back and check.

From what I read, they sat down in the shack and talked for awhile... then just got up and left. So yeah, they're still on the same day. :smalleek:

But if everyone can agree, then we can retcon it and say Fleetwing and Violetta slept in the shack for the night then set out first thing in the morning. Because I'm feeling nice, and balancing/realism issues are a bit less headache to me than time paradoxes and chronological discrepancies. :smallsigh:

Whoops, yeah, I derped due to skimming posts. Sorry about that. :smallfrown:

That's one solution, and if it doesn't work, then I guess we can just freeze the Gleamy Mind/Swift Hooves scene until time catches up.

Rebonack
2012-10-24, 01:50 AM
The surest way to recognize an alicorn is to see them use a spell that was more or less unique to them. Such as Ebon's Voidfire or Anoma's Starfall. It isn't a 100% deal. The Goddess is able to give an alicorn one spell beyond what they get from their color and magic that they knew prior to Unity.

So technically any alicorn could be slotted with Voidfire. But if they used Voidfire AND Enervation? Then there's a pretty good chance it is Ebon.

ALSO!

I'm considering the possibility that Ebon's magic isn't enough to build the defense the Goddess wants. Still need the Black Book or some such. That would mean she would need to rope some PCs into getting it since her alicorns sorta go AWOL when she sends them to Canterlot >_>

Lycan 01
2012-10-24, 01:50 AM
*reads newest post in North*

Wow.

Blade, I say you just quite playing as Ebon. Er. Ebony. Like, just retire them at this point. Not because they're dead, but because their story has reached a satisfying, natural conclusion. Because honestly, right there is an amazing way to wrap up and conclude their storyline, whether or not you actually post about them "walking" with Anoma and fading into the Unity. It's all very cinematic and good storytelling and whatnot.

Bravo to both of you for spinning such a good yarn. :smallcool:

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-24, 03:01 AM
Blade, I say you just quit playing as Ebon. Er. Ebony. Like, just retire them at this point. Not because they're dead, but because their story has reached a satisfying, natural conclusion. Because honestly, right there is an amazing way to wrap up and conclude their storyline, whether or not you actually post about them "walking" with Anoma and fading into the Unity. It's all very cinematic and good storytelling and whatnot.

Bravo to both of you for spinning such a good yarn. :smallcool:

You have a point there.

There, put in a solid wrapup post. If anyone wonders why it took so long, I fell asleep at my desk. I'm gonna go to bed now.

For Everyone: Out of curiosity, and for future reference, what did people think of Ebon Flame while I played him? Thoughts? Criticism? Praise?

I was honestly worried every time he did something that I'd get raged at for sue-ing, but I can be pretty paranoid about that particular bit. :smalltongue:

Drowlord
2012-10-24, 06:16 AM
Wow...

That was just... I...

Ebon Flame was one of my favorite characters already from how you played him; I watched his actions even when he and the Old Appleoosa party separated. Now, to see an end like this, is fulfilling and good. Well done.

Benson
2012-10-24, 06:45 AM
Mmm, how exactly do these train carts look? Particularly the one with the PC slaves. How does it open? Does it have lighting inside? Is there a small hatch above on top of the cart? Does it have windows?

Benson
2012-10-24, 06:49 AM
Also...I'm very confused why Stormy Skies would be under the radroach. I didn't indicate it moving off the drainage pipe, just forward before it shook its head, violently after its scuttling forward....hauh...

And if its somehow Stormy Skies managing to get under it. One thing, small legs mentioned, it would be rather low to the ground, so there's that.

Drowlord
2012-10-24, 06:54 AM
Also...I'm very confused why Stormy Skies would be under the radroach. I didn't indicate it moving off the drainage pipe, it shook its head, violently after scuttling forward.

And if its somehow Stormy Skies managing to get under it. One thing, small legs mentioned, it would be rather low to the ground, so there's that.

Oh. I didn't mean he was under it, it's that he's flat on the ground and thrusting at it, so I put 'from below' to clarify.

Benson
2012-10-24, 07:10 AM
The image still does not make sense and the wording still doesn't provide a different image. :smallconfused:

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-24, 08:20 AM

I'm okay with this, and this also gives us a potential easier way out of the canyon. :smalltongue:

ALSO!

I'm considering the possibility that Ebon's magic isn't enough to build the defense the Goddess wants. Still need the Black Book or some such. That would mean she would need to rope some PCs into getting it since her alicorns sorta go AWOL when she sends them to Canterlot >_>

I am also very much okay with this.

For Everyone: Out of curiosity, and for future reference, what did people think of Ebon Flame while I played him? Thoughts? Criticism? Praise?

I was honestly worried every time he did something that I'd get raged at for sue-ing, but I can be pretty paranoid about that particular bit. :smalltongue:

Pretty much what's been said already. I disagree with every reason he had for joining Unity, and feel like his joining will cost so many more lives than it saves, but at the same time, I find myself deeply satisfied with how things turned out. I kept thinking of ways that this could have been avoided, and every single one felt like a cheap cop-out. Kudos to you for playing a character straight.

As for the sue-ish stuff; in hindsight, he seemed absurdly powerful, but it never got in the way of the story being told. What was important was how he used his power; blunt and without much forethought. Thus, he was allowed to make more mistakes, and allowed to fall even further, until Ebony was born.

It's not sue-ish if it tells a good story and doesn't stomp on our toes. :smalltongue:

I have a small request to make. If a post (such as the one where Fantasia and co. are messily devoured by the Smooze) is going into the incredibly dark/explicit horror/Project Horizons-level territory, could you please tag the post with some sort of warning? I think I could have done without reading a description of a foal...well, getting dissolved into Smooze while crying for her parents. Don't need to spoil it, just a little bolded warning at the top would be awesome.

Rebonack
2012-10-24, 10:31 AM
Okay. If a post is going to get unpleasant I'll make a Things Are About to Get GRIMDARK comment before the nastiness begins. I'm sure all the nice people involved with our little project will be willing to do the same.

On Ebon's apotheosis, I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. I expected it would probably be a send-off. But I wanted to keep it open ended. This of course doesn't mean that the new alicorn won't make another appearance down the road.

Just don't expect her to be nice to her old friends beyond holding up the Goddess' bargain not to kill them all. Unless of course they do something else that suitably irritates the Goddess...

In the end Ebon finally got the peace and absolution he was looking for. Though certainly not in a way that's necessarily good for the Wasteland...

On the subject of train cars!

The stock car is a big boxy thing. The sort usually used to carry cattle in real life. It has a few barred windows on the sides to let air circulate and the roof has one of those little hatch things. Said hatch latches from the outside to make opening it from the inside really obnoxious.

Do you need any further details?

Benson
2012-10-24, 11:09 AM
That is good, with addition of the details in the post, I have a solid mental image.

Lycan 01
2012-10-24, 11:48 AM
You have a point there.

There, put in a solid wrapup post. If anyone wonders why it took so long, I fell asleep at my desk. I'm gonna go to bed now.

I think that Ebon grew a lot as a character. At first, I was worried about his power level and abilities and stuff. But as things progressed, it became apparent that despite his powers, he still had flaws and failings to balance him out. And his powers wound up being more of a bane to him than a boon. He was forced to confront his shortcomings and deal with the consequences of his actions. And you roleplayed all that stuff out really well. As I said, he grew and developed a lot. And that's what's important: character depth, development, and real roleplaying. And you accomplished that quite well.

Overall, it was a satisfying character arc. Kudos to you and Rebo. :smallcool:

I have a small request to make. If a post (such as the one where Fantasia and co. are messily devoured by the Smooze) is going into the incredibly dark/explicit horror/Project Horizons-level territory, could you please tag the post with some sort of warning? I think I could have done without reading a description of a foal...well, getting dissolved into Smooze while crying for her parents. Don't need to spoil it, just a little bolded warning at the top would be awesome.

Yes, this is probably a good idea. Posts that are very grimdark and disturbing, like the Smooze eating ponies or the foalbots in Vault 29, should probably be placed in Spoiler Boxes with a "mature content" tag or something.

Both of those scenes kinda left me a little jarred, myself... o_o

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-24, 12:04 PM
Okay. If a post is going to get unpleasant I'll make a Things Are About to Get GRIMDARK comment before the nastiness begins. I'm sure all the nice people involved with our little project will be willing to do the same.

Yes, this is probably a good idea. Posts that are very grimdark and disturbing, like the Smooze eating ponies or the foalbots in Vault 29, should probably be placed in Spoiler Boxes with a "mature content" tag or something.

Thank you very much. I enjoy the vanilla FOE setting, but not enough to stomach the rare extremely disturbing scene. At the same time, I knew what I was getting into when I signed up for this, and it isn't my place to stop others from having fun with the darker elements. I'm glad we could work something out. :smallsmile:

Also, Lycan, Fleetwing and Violetta left the truck in Northern Equestria.

Lycan 01
2012-10-24, 12:11 PM
Thank you very much. I enjoy the vanilla FOE setting, but not enough to stomach the rare extremely disturbing scene. At the same time, I knew what I was getting into when I signed up for this, and it isn't my place to stop others from having fun with the darker elements. I'm glad we could work something out. :smallsmile:

Also, Lycan, Fleetwing and Violetta left the truck in Northern Equestria.

Yeah, I saw. I'll get a post up in a bit, once I know what to throw at y'all write. :smallbiggrin:

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-24, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I saw. I'll get a post up in a bit, once I know what to throw at y'all write. :smallbiggrin:

http://i.imgur.com/gMCGS.png If only that text wasn't struck through! Then I would know ALL HIS SECRETS.

Rebonack
2012-10-24, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't say I do the grimdark stuff to be fun. I do it to conjure up the feelings of horror associated with the nastier parts of the Wasteland. Like I said before, this setting has both dark and light. And the dark makes the light shine all the brighter by contrast.

In the end Fallout Equestria is about hope. Not hopelessness.

Tychris1
2012-10-24, 01:46 PM
Wow... props to you Obliviom. That was a great send off for Ebon. That's how characters should normally die (Well, not Apotheosis specifically).

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-24, 02:22 PM
Wow...

That was just... I...

Ebon Flame was one of my favorite characters already from how you played him; I watched his actions even when he and the Old Appleoosa party separated. Now, to see an end like this, is fulfilling and good. Well done.

Pretty much what's been said already. I disagree with every reason he had for joining Unity, and feel like his joining will cost so many more lives than it saves, but at the same time, I find myself deeply satisfied with how things turned out. I kept thinking of ways that this could have been avoided, and every single one felt like a cheap cop-out. Kudos to you for playing a character straight.

As for the sue-ish stuff; in hindsight, he seemed absurdly powerful, but it never got in the way of the story being told. What was important was how he used his power; blunt and without much forethought. Thus, he was allowed to make more mistakes, and allowed to fall even further, until Ebony was born.

It's not sue-ish if it tells a good story and doesn't stomp on our toes. :smalltongue:

On Ebon's apotheosis, I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. I expected it would probably be a send-off. But I wanted to keep it open ended. This of course doesn't mean that the new alicorn won't make another appearance down the road.

Just don't expect her to be nice to her old friends beyond holding up the Goddess' bargain not to kill them all. Unless of course they do something else that suitably irritates the Goddess...

In the end Ebon finally got the peace and absolution he was looking for. Though certainly not in a way that's necessarily good for the Wasteland...

I think that Ebon grew a lot as a character. At first, I was worried about his power level and abilities and stuff. But as things progressed, it became apparent that despite his powers, he still had flaws and failings to balance him out. And his powers wound up being more of a bane to him than a boon. He was forced to confront his shortcomings and deal with the consequences of his actions. And you roleplayed all that stuff out really well. As I said, he grew and developed a lot. And that's what's important: character depth, development, and real roleplaying. And you accomplished that quite well.

Overall, it was a satisfying character arc. Kudos to you and Rebo. :smallcool:

Wow... props to you Obliviom. That was a great send off for Ebon. That's how characters should normally die (Well, not Apotheosis specifically).

:smalleek: Lots of praise here.

Thanks guys! I do try to let my characters grow organically, without shoehorning them too much onto a previously-defined "path," as well as sticking to an established characterization unless there's something that changes that. This one worked out pretty well, if the comments are anything to go by. :smallsmile:

On this subject, I am in agreement. While I diligently read Project Horizons and am perfectly comfortable with such horror, I understand that some prefer their ponies without a side of undiluted trauma. :smalltongue:

Drowlord
2012-10-24, 02:44 PM
The image still does not make sense and the wording still doesn't provide a different image. :smallconfused:

I'll re-fluff it all, then. Trying to provide a humorous image apparently isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Back to the edits.

Luka
2012-10-24, 02:57 PM
GRIMDARKNESS can sometimes be fun, more or less when it's so dark it's funny.

Also, about Ebon I do also think that was a pretty cool way to send him off, kudos:smalltongue:
Though it still is like said before: would be kind of saving a few, but risking a lot more... Also the ones he was supposed to save were already loaded into a slaver train and sent off to Fillydelphia, but possibly escaping by themselves :smallbiggrin:

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-24, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't say I do the grimdark stuff to be fun. I do it to conjure up the feelings of horror associated with the nastier parts of the Wasteland. Like I said before, this setting has both dark and light. And the dark makes the light shine all the brighter by contrast.

In the end Fallout Equestria is about hope. Not hopelessness.

Whoops. That's less me claiming that you Smooze ponies for giggles, and more me not being careful with my choice of words. A better way to phrase it would have been "I don't want to stop others from using darker scenes if they want to." I do agree with your reasons for using it.

And yes, Smooze is now a verb.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-24, 04:08 PM
Smooze ponies for giggles

No, only annoying witches with ridiculously high-pitched voices do that. :smalltongue:

The smooze is literally the only salvagable thing about that movie, and only because fan reinterpretations make it basically a mountain-sized Shoggoth. Which has always been awesome.

On a completely different subject, whose turn is it to post in Ponyville? I'm beginning to think that it's one of those things where everyone is waiting on someone else.

Chaotic Bob
2012-10-24, 07:15 PM
I tend to post in group scenes after everyone has posted at least once. Or there's been a particularly long wait.
So if that is the case, and you are waiting, it is most likely on me.

Lately, however, I've had some long work hours during the day, so my slowness has been more evident. Should be a little better Friday. Maybe.

Also, "deux ex machina pony"?
You make me laugh.

Tychris1
2012-10-24, 07:24 PM
Also, "deux ex machina pony"?
You make me laugh.

That's 40% of what I try to do when I write Lamia, the other 60% is SUPER GRIMDARK GRITTY GRAGGLY BATMAN VOICE BUTCH MURDER time. Helps to balance things out.

MCerberus
2012-10-24, 11:23 PM
Poor Fox Trot, or does he like being neck-deep in crazy mares?

Benson
2012-10-24, 11:27 PM
Poor Fox Trot, or does he like being neck-deep in crazy mares?

He wanted a harem. Well, he's getting a harem consisting of non interested crazy mares, the fates have spoken.

Rebonack
2012-10-25, 12:22 PM
Just to mention to the folks on the train.

Even if you all get taken to Fillydelphia don't despair. I'm not going to doom you guys. Unless you decide to do something really silly like attack the slavers whilst unarmed. I can't really help you out if you do that >_>

MCerberus
2012-10-25, 01:19 PM
Well if Finder's able to take down the door, being exhausted from magic use this might be a 'fly you fools' moment.

Drowlord
2012-10-25, 02:27 PM
Well if Finder's able to take down the door, being exhausted from magic use this might be a 'fly you fools' moment.

Elestre's giving all his physical might and some of his magic into smashing the door. If he does succeed, he's going to shield the slaves (not one big clumsy one, but small localized ones when needed) and run.

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-25, 02:49 PM

I think everypony in the Wasteland needs a crash course in "Not Splitting the Party." :smalltongue:

With all the events surrounding Ebon Flame's "end", I've had alicorns on the brain for the last few days. Even more so when I started work on a game design project in, what else? Unity. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_%28game_engine%29) Namely, I've been trying to wrap my head around how they function, as it's pretty obvious their minds work in a vastly different manner than the ponies they were born from.

So here's a massive wall of text/analysis I wrote up in some classes while I was bored, dealing primarily with how alicorn minds function in a very general sense. It ended up coming out in the voice of some researcher pony, delving into matters that are likely none of his concern.
Alicorns posses a truly remarkable degree of mental finesse. This is most apparent through their ability to pass their consciousness into something they call "The Shared Dream", the collection of all the memories and ponies integrated into Unity. While they can tap into these memories at any time, many choose to simply abandon their physical bodies altogether and roam the dreamspace. It should be noted that, through means that this researcher can only begin to guess at, the alicorns maintain there is some level of spatial awareness, despite the intangibility of the the space. They claim to be able to see others, see memories, but such concepts require there to be a notion of space, something completely alien to pure thought and imagination. It may be the case that they simply use such terms to refer to clarity as opposed to strictly distance. Memories they are examining, alicorns they are speaking to, these appear "close" to them, while that which they are not actively paying attention to is "far". Needless to say, the ability to describe thoughts and memories so accurately may show that their minds do not wander like you or I. When they walk down memory lane, it is not a meandering stroll, but a directed march to that which they seek. And yet, they are capable of forming ideas, spontaneously arriving at conclusions, all evidence of some form of working subconscious mind. Somehow, active, highly-directed thought can co-exist with those passive functions of the brain. Fascinating...

Now, one wonders what becomes of their physical forms when their consciousness is resting in the Dream. It appears the one known as 'The Goddess' can assume some level of control over her kin. It is unlikely that this is a direct level of control, such as when I control my leg or hoof to move, but I do not rule out the possibility that this being's mind is so alien as to make such a thing possible. Whether or not this being is still sane is another question entirely. It is more likely that it functions via a control of intent. Namely, the Goddess gives an order, and the alicorn's body obeys. This allows them to carry out complex operations that, were the alicorns replaced with robotic assistants, would surely overload even the most powerful of computers we posses.

With this being said, it has been observed, namely through the subjects "Anoma" and "Blackheart", that some alicorns are more than capable of re-assuming control over their physical bodies. More than that, they may possess temperaments, interpret orders loosely (such as attempting to slay a pony they were ordered to bring to Red Eye because said pony was trying their patience), and other such activities that are indicative of a personality and some degree of free will. With all alicorns sharing memory, this would appear to be an impossibility. Assuming that all alicorns are constantly dumping their memories into the Dream, then any individual attempting to act would be paralyzed by conflicting input. They are presently in New Appleousa, but they are also presently in the North, the South, the skies, and anywhere else an alicorn is. When they query their mind for "What was I just doing one minute ago?", they should receive potentially thousands of conflicting answers. As this does not happen, it is apparent that, while they possess no means (on their own) to determine which pre-I.M.P. memories are theirs, an alicorn possesses a basic level of identity once within Unity. Sufficient to determine which alicorn they are, and which memories they have contributed since their transformation. From this basic level of identity, they may then forge a new name and identity. It is clear that some elements of their previous life's personality remain, but where this level of identity and free will ends and the Goddess' influence begins is difficult to determine. Can an alicorn disobey a direct order? Can an alicorn even grasp the concept of the Goddess being incorrect?

So many more questions, so little we can actually understand as single-minded creatures...

If you managed to get through all that, I'd appreciate any comments or criticisms. I'm only going off of what I've seen in the RP thus far, so it's entirely possible I'm missing some things present in the fic.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-25, 03:30 PM
I think everypony in the Wasteland needs a crash course in "Not Splitting the Party." :smalltongue:

Yeah, pretty much. There are a few cases where "Divide and Conquer" is a good strategy, but it doesn't seem to go well in the wasteland most of the time. :smalltongue:

With all the events surrounding Ebon Flame's "end", I've had alicorns on the brain for the last few days. Even more so when I started work on a gamed design project in, what else? Unity. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_%28game_engine%29) Namely, I've been trying to wrap my head around how they function, as it's pretty obvious their minds work in a vastly different manner than the ponies they were born from.

So here's a massive wall of text/analysis I wrote up in some classes while I was bored, dealing primarily with how alicorn minds function in a very general sense. It ended up coming out in the voice of some researcher pony, delving into matters that are likely none of his concern.
Alicorns posses a truly remarkable degree of mental finesse. This is most apparent through their ability to pass their consciousness into something they call "The Shared Dream", the collection of all the memories and ponies integrated into Unity. While they can tap into these memories at any time, many choose to simply abandon their physical bodies altogether and roam the dreamspace. It should be noted that, through means that this researcher can only begin to guess at, the alicorns maintain there is some level of spatial awareness, despite the intangibility of the the space. They claim to be able to see others, see memories, but such concepts require there to be a notion of space, something completely alien to pure thought and imagination. It may be the case that they simply use such terms to refer to clarity as opposed to strictly distance. Memories they are examining, alicorns they are speaking to, these appear "close" to them, while that which they are not actively paying attention to is "far". Needless to say, the ability to describe thoughts and memories so accurately may show that their minds do not wander like you or I. When they walk down memory lane, it is not a meandering stroll, but a directed march to that which they seek. And yet, they are capable of forming ideas, spontaneously arriving at conclusions, all evidence of some form of working subconscious mind. Somehow, active, highly-directed thought can co-exist with those passive functions of the brain. Fascinating...

Now, one wonders what becomes of their physical forms when their consciousness is resting in the Dream. It appears the one known as 'The Goddess' can assume some level of control over her kin. It is unlikely that this is a direct level of control, such as when I control my leg or hoof to move, but I do not rule out the possibility that this being's mind is so alien as to make such a thing possible. Whether or not this being is still sane is another question entirely. It is more likely that it functions via a control of intent. Namely, the Goddess gives an order, and the alicorn's body obeys. This allows them to carry out complex operations that, were the alicorns replaced with robotic assistants, would surely overload even the most powerful of computers we posses.

With this being said, it has been observed, namely through the subjects "Anoma" and "Blackheart", that some alicorns are more than capable of re-assuming control over their physical bodies. More than that, they may possess temperaments, interpret orders loosely (such as attempting to slay a pony they were ordered to bring to Red Eye because said pony was trying their patience), and other such activities that are indicative of a personality and some degree of free will. With all alicorns sharing memory, this would appear to be an impossibility. Assuming that all alicorns are constantly dumping their memories into the Dream, then any individual attempting to act would be paralyzed by conflicting input. They are presently in New Appleousa, but they are also presently in the North, the South, the skies, and anywhere else an alicorn is. When they query their mind for "What was I just doing one minute ago?", they should receive potentially thousands of conflicting answers. As this does not happen, it is apparent that, while they possess no means (on their own) to determine which pre-I.M.P. memories are theirs, an alicorn possesses a basic level of identity once within Unity. Sufficient to determine which alicorn they are, and which memories they have contributed since their transformation. From this basic level of identity, they may then forge a new name and identity. It is clear that some elements of their previous life's personality remain, but where this level of identity and free will ends and the Goddess' influence begins is difficult to determine. Can an alicorn disobey a direct order? Can an alicorn even grasp the concept of the Goddess being incorrect?

So many more questions, so little we can actually understand as single-minded creatures...

If you managed to get through all that, I'd appreciate any comments or criticisms. I'm only going off of what I've seen in the RP thus far, so it's entirely possible I'm missing some things present in the fic.

This is more or less correct, though I think the "Dream of Unity" is referred to as having space only for the purpose of metaphor.

However, the Goddess actually is directly capable of ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL, if Lacunae is any indication. (Note that this is Project Horizons, which has some eccentricities not entirely consistent with the original story when it comes to Unity.)

Also, individual consciousnesses actually are tied to the body where they exist (Anoma and Blackheart wouldn't be able to suddenly trade bodies), but the central "Goddess" persona can reach out and effectively act as a nexus of communication between all of them. Thinking of Unity as a single mind with a thousand bodies attached to it is fundamentally incorrect; It's more like a single circle in the center (representing the Goddess, of course) connected to a thousand subordinate but technically independent consciousnesses, each of those attached to a body.

Benson? Now that I'm properly following that scene, throwing a heavily armed Canterlot Ghoul Ninja Mage against a bunch of magically exhausted, wounded, unarmed prisoners is ridiculously screwed up even without bringing the slavers into it. :smalltongue:

Benson
2012-10-25, 03:41 PM
Benson? Now that I'm properly following that scene, throwing a heavily armed Canterlot Ghoul Ninja Mage against a bunch of magically exhausted, wounded, unarmed prisoners is ridiculously screwed up even without bringing the slavers into it. :smalltongue:

He's just doing his contracted job, no one really expects much out of him. He's a low profile dude only recognized for his ninja gimmick outfit and lack of verbal communicating skills. He's not sided morally with either side, nor does he see this as simple means of earning caps. We'll see what happens ;0

PurityIcekiller
2012-10-25, 04:00 PM
Before anyone starts complaining, I'd like you to know that Night Jewel's mention of fairy dust could very well be a joke, and should not be taken as evidence that fairies definitely exist.

Drowlord
2012-10-25, 04:00 PM
"Hey! I'm not unarmed, magically exhausted, or wounded! Okay, maybe I am wounded, but does that matter? I'm armed with a strong stick! I can take that thing!"

Let this be an explanation as to why Elestre's not good in a retreat :smalltongue: .

Seriously, though, would you be opposed to having Elestre trying to talk to Swift, to try to get him to see that there are better things to do than beat up defenseless slaves? I'd like to know whether he'd likely just fight Elestre or if he'd actually listen.

BladeofObliviom
2012-10-25, 04:14 PM
You know, I really wouldn't mind expanding the game into Hoofington. I'd expect that about 90% of posts there will need the Grimdark Tag, though. :smalleek::smallamused:

In other news, I'm considering making a new main character (Pineapple doesn't count; Yeah, she has a character sheet, but that was more a random urge to make one and get my thoughts out on paper than anything else.)

Ideas:
-Rowdy Shotgun-wielding, magically incompetent unicorn. Not Blackjack, I swear.
-Exiled Sand Dog cyberneticist.
-Abandoned Juvenile Dragon

TheAmishPirate
2012-10-25, 04:53 PM
This is more or less correct, though I think the "Dream of Unity" is referred to as having space only for the purpose of metaphor.

However, the Goddess actually is directly capable of ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL, if Lacunae is any indication. (Note that this is Project Horizons, which has some eccentricities not entirely consistent with the original story when it comes to Unity.)

Also, individual consciousnesses actually are tied to the body where they exist (Anoma and Blackheart wouldn't be able to suddenly trade bodies), but the central "Goddess" persona can reach out and effectively act as a nexus of communication between all of them. Thinking of Unity as a single mind with a thousand bodies attached to it is fundamentally incorrect; It's more like a single circle in the center (representing the Goddess, of course) connected to a thousand subordinate but technically independent consciousnesses, each of those attached to a body.

Ah, right. That mental image helps a lot, actually. I'm assuming the closer they get to the central circle, the less independent they are (as evidenced when Anoma had to check out whenever they reached a Unity outpost)? And with "personally reaching out", is that more like the circle getting a very large, very narrow bump as it engulfs one of the lines out, or does the whole circle actually move?

In other news, I'm considering making a new main character (Pineapple doesn't count; Yeah, she has a character sheet, but that was more a random urge to make one and get my thoughts out on paper than anything else.)

Ideas:
-Rowdy Shotgun-wielding, magically incompetent unicorn. Not Blackjack, I swear.
-Exiled Sand Dog cyberneticist.
-Abandoned Juvenile Dragon

For some reason, I see myself liking the Sand Dog, but I could also go for the dragon as well.

@Purity: Waiting on Violetta in Northern Wasteland.

Rebonack
2012-10-25, 05:24 PM
Alicorn stuff!

We have tweaked the alicorns a lil' bit from the fics to give them the option of having slightly more individuality. Though technically you could say that LilPip was just dealing with a single Named Alicorn through the better part of the story.

The Goddess is indeed able to ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL though even she's limited by proximity. The alicorns at Maripony are totally overwhelmed by her voice and they basically act like finger-puppets there. Once they're close enough to the Goddess their souls are literally pulled out of their body and only the Goddess' will remains. Beyond Maripony the Goddess is only able to directly control a single alicorn (or group of alicorns) at any given time.

Which is why the Named Alicorns are important. All alicorn memories fall into, effectively, two categories. Memories from before Unity which are incorporated into the Dream which serve as the fundamental background to all alicorns would be the first. The second are memories that they have gained personally since joining Unity. Identity is built from memories gained since joining Unity as well as core personality traits that the alicorn retains from their former life. Many alicorns have a fairly weak sense of identity, they have trouble resolving between themselves and their sisters. If they don't have a Named Alicorn nearby the Goddess needs to prod at them with her will to keep them on track. When they're sent out into the field they're usually sent with a Named Alicorn and whilst working with said alicorn they basically adopt that alicorn's identity for a time.

So for example, Mesmer was in charge of the alicorn group at the Hippocampus energy plant. To avoid conflicting wills Anoma allowed herself to slip into the Dream to allow Mesmer to continue running the show. Anoma knew that she wasn't Mesmer (they aren't terribly fond of each other) but if her body had been addressed she would have answered as if one were talking to Mesmer rather than her. If the Named Alicorn is killed their soul will temporarily ride shotgun in another nearby alicorn's body until they can get their own again. It's all a means to keep the Goddess from having to micro-manage every single alicorn in Unity.

An alicorn is unable to completely abandon their body, though they can tune out the world and drift in the Dream. If their body dies their soul returns to Maripony where it can be inserted into another of the alicorns there. One idea I've been kicking around is that the Goddess has been getting blanks (soulless cloned bodies) from Project Chimera to turn into alicorns. They would basically serve as empty bodies to stick her children into in the event that they get blown up by Steelhooves or something.

Finally alicorns are bound by the Goddess' will. They aren't able to comprehend even the concept that the Goddess might be wrong about something. The Goddess' desires are their desires. But the ponies of Unity are able to still think for themselves. They can offer ideas and insights that the Goddess might not think of herself. But in the end the Goddess is the absolute final voice in Unity.

There!

A not-so-short wall of text on the Pony Borg =D

Lycan 01
2012-10-25, 05:27 PM
Edit: Nevermind. I was misinformed about the distance of the shack and whatnot from where the caravan and prisoners were.

MCerberus
2012-10-25, 05:32 PM
I'm just worried that the ninja character was put into a situation where he can directly answer (and foil due to circumstances put in place before his arrival) all of the plans and subterfuge of a group that specializes in that and isn't much in a direct fight.

Luka
2012-10-25, 05:59 PM
I'm just worried that the ninja character was put into a situation where he can directly answer (and foil due to circumstances put in place before his arrival) all of the plans and subterfuge of a group that specializes in that and isn't much in a direct fight.

I'm actually more worried about Swift being just plain stronger than the slave-freeing group right now, I mean, Luka's not good at fighting without a gun, Finder... I don't even know, and Elestre seems to be kind of wasted at the moment.

Feels like having a.... Ninja fighting against civilians :smallconfused:

About alicorn stuff.... It seems a bit more like Pony Collector-borg :smallbiggrin:

Benson
2012-10-25, 06:17 PM
Seriously, though, would you be opposed to having Elestre trying to talk to Swift, to try to get him to see that there are better things to do than beat up defenseless slaves? I'd like to know whether he'd likely just fight Elestre or if he'd actually listen.

That may or may not be a thing.

Rebonack
2012-10-25, 06:34 PM
I have updated the map with Clovenhoof Mountain and Wild Rabbit Woods.

Wild Rabbit Woods may or may not contain giant irradiated killer rabbits >_>

Luka
2012-10-25, 06:41 PM
Uh... Is it just me or Luka's going to lose his gun AGAIN??! :smalleek:

I mean, 10mm pistol was just his starting gun, but now Shadow's gun + medkit + saddlebags with the BB gun he liked so much + armored stable barding?

....I'm feeling like the world wants to take his things away. :smallconfused:

MCerberus
2012-10-25, 06:42 PM
Uh... Is it just me or Luka's going to lose his gun AGAIN??! :smalleek:

I mean, 10mm pistol was just his starting gun, but now Shadow's gun + medkit + saddlebags with the BB gun he liked so much + armored stable barding?

....I'm feeling like the world wants to take his things away. :smallconfused:

"Kid, the wasteland takes more than it gives."