PDA

View Full Version : The SCP Foundation

Cikomyr
2012-10-18, 03:47 AM
Hi people!

I was watching PeanutButterGamer's video on the Top 10 Scariest Video Game Enemies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF7NCiRzgAc), and one enemy he showed, SCP-173, is one scary mother****er.

Seriously. I had my arm hair raising just by watching the video bits from "Containment Breach". The sheer... alienness of the game mechanic, where the monster moves toward you the second you lose line of sight.. And keeps coming everytime you blink. That's scary as ****.

Somebody played that game? Are you scared of blinking now?

Chen
2012-10-18, 07:20 AM
There are a lot of really creepy artifacts/creatures on the main SCP site

http://www.scp-wiki.net/

It's pretty amazing at the creativity people have when coming up with things like this.

Cikomyr
2012-10-18, 09:12 AM
I've seen it! But reading about it and living it is different! :smallbiggrin:

edit: One of the scariest of the website is SCP-231 (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-231).

Not the SCP itself, but the treatment the Foundation is doing to it. That is the stuff of nightmares.

Leecros
2012-10-18, 09:19 AM
That's kind of ironic. I watched that exact same video last night....

The Glyphstone
2012-10-18, 11:12 AM
I've seen it! But reading about it and living it is different! :smallbiggrin:

edit: One of the scariest of the website is SCP-231 (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-231).

Not the SCP itself, but the treatment the Foundation is doing to it. That is the stuff of nightmares.

Literally, because it's one of the site's established rule that 110-Montauk will never be 'officially' described...it's scarier when you have to make it up yourself.

Cikomyr
2012-10-18, 12:00 PM
Literally, because it's one of the site's established rule that 110-Montauk will never be 'officially' described...it's scarier when you have to make it up yourself.

Nothing is Scarier (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NothingIsScarier)

Something that many horror movie makers should remember. Let the imagination run wild.

George RR Martin did a great job with the Others about this so far.

RagingKrikkit
2012-10-18, 01:57 PM
Funny, that video got me into SCPs as well.

CarpeGuitarrem
2012-10-18, 02:21 PM
Every time I see SCP-173 mentioned, I feel like going on the Weeping Angels monologue. :smallwink:

RagingKrikkit
2012-10-18, 02:26 PM
Which, according to the SCP website, was not created until a few months after SCP-173 popped up on 4chan.

Leecros
2012-10-18, 03:24 PM
Which, according to the SCP website, was not created until a few months after SCP-173 popped up on 4chan.

I sort-of have my doubts about that considering the Weeping Angels debut was several years ago back in 2007. However i also have never really paid attention cared about what was going on with 4chan, so i could be wrong.

Edit: After a bit more looking, apparently the thread containing containing information regarding SCP-173 appeared on /x/ in 2007. However i also read that SCP-173 was created nearly a year before the Doctor Who episode Blink aired. Which aired in 2007, which doesn't add up unless SCP-173 was conceived long before it was posted on 4chan. However i have to say, even though people keep saying that their creation is separate. It's quite a coincidence for two things that are nearly identical in habit being created so close together.

Spuddles
2012-10-18, 06:27 PM

Spoiler alert: it's rape.

They rape her.

Hope I didn't ruin anything.

Kind of like that Alduous Huxley story about the boy in the room that has to suffer a horrible abused alone hungry life so that this city can be a utopia. At everyone's coming of age, they are shown the boy and given the choice to leave the city. Those that stay get an endless party, always knowning in the back of their mind the enormous cost they pay.

I think I like Huxley's version better than herp-derp-rape.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-18, 06:34 PM

They rape her.

Kind of like that Alduous Huxley story about the boy in the room that has to suffer a horrible abused alone hungry life so that this city can be a utopia. At everyone's coming of age, they are shown the boy and given the choice to leave the city. Those that stay get an endless party, always knowning in the back of their mind the enormous cost they pay.

That's what's implied, very heavily implied. But the whole point is that it's never actually explicitly stated what's involved, and how deeply twisted and wrong it goes beyond 'herpderprape' as you but it. The 'word of creator' is that it's not what you think it is, it's actually worse, but he'll never share what his personal idea of 110-Montauk is because it's more horrific for everyone to invent their own.

RagingKrikkit
2012-10-18, 09:03 PM
Oh, I thought they were performing abortion, seeing as giving birth kept killing the others.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-18, 09:46 PM
Oh, I thought they were performing abortion, seeing as giving birth kept killing the others.

The more-or-less 'unofficial' truth is that Spuddles is right, and it's done in such a traumatic fashion as to induce repeated miscarriages.

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-18, 11:24 PM
Personaly i think SCP is better then lovecraft-

Because inonicaly lovecraft doesnt feel alien enough.

His stuff is just a mix of tentacles and body parts.

Whilst this stuff is a horryfying mix of known and unknown.

Starwulf
2012-10-19, 12:10 AM
So, what is everyones favorite SCP's? I'm so glad to find others on here enjoy the Foundation as much as I do. My favorite is, predictably, 682. I also however, greatly enjoy the one(I can't remember what #) with the family made out of yarn, they are awesome! That and the one SCP that will kill anyone who has seen it or even just a photograph of it, even if they are unaware of it.

I also enjoy the hinting at of even worse SCPs by the time traveler(I'm sorry, it's been a while since I've read these, so I can't remember anyone of their #'s anymore). Also, ANYTHING to do with Dr. Bright. :)

A Rainy Knight
2012-10-19, 07:16 AM
My personal favorite is SCP-1981, "Ronald Reagan Cut Up While Talking." It strikes just the right mixture of being surprisingly funny while also just a little creepy.

I'm also fond of SCP-1370 and SCP-504 just for being entertaining.

Winthur
2012-10-19, 07:27 AM
So, what is everyones favorite SCP's?

SCP-914. It shows that with proper interpretation the whole foundation seems like a wacky comedy with tons of black humor that makes it much more of a light-hearted read. After reading through SCP-914's experiment log the whole thing didn't feel quite as scary because some of the stuff there was quite absurd, though also very creative.

Makensha
2012-10-19, 10:33 AM
My favorite has to be SCP-001. Terrifying. Doubt it will get incorporated into the game though.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-19, 11:59 AM
I've got three and a half favorites that I think best showcase the various sides of the Foundation:

-076: Shows why the Foundation isn't the Chaos Insurgency; trying to 'employ' or otherwise use SCP's is never safe.
-085: Because not everything the Foundation keeps locked up is dangerous. Sometime it's just weird, or even helpful, but Normality Must Be Preserved.
-682: Because some of the stuff the Foundation locks up actually is dangerous.
-231 as the half, because it overlaps with -682: As bad as the Foundation is, if it didn't exist the world would be a whole lot worse (or nonexistent).

RagingKrikkit
2012-10-19, 01:06 PM
The more-or-less 'unofficial' truth is that Spuddles is right, and it's done in such a traumatic fashion as to induce repeated miscarriages.

Ah, okay. I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of rape.

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-19, 02:23 PM
My favorite is probably SCP-065-J

And don't tell me its less plausible then the other ones! If we can have a door that makes people explode then why can't we have SCP-065-J?

But a more serious ones are probably

SCP-1135

and
SCP-1615

Which shows that some can even save the world, and makes the Foundation look like bad guys, make us question if they are not doing more bad to the world then good....

But then you remember SCP-040

If it ever reached a mind of a killer......

Aotrs Commander
2012-10-19, 03:06 PM
That site is waay worse than TV Tropes. Someone on these forums once linked to it, and foolishly I wondered what they were on about and clicked it - and lost twelve hours.

Twelve frag-damn hours.

Tried to avoid it since...!

It's practically a keter-level SCP all itself...

Closet_Skeleton
2012-10-19, 06:47 PM
I could never get into SCP.

Whilst this stuff is a horryfying mix of known and unknown.

That's kind of Flanderising Lovecraft. There are only like 3 real tentacled creatures in his works and he wrote loads of stories.

Yog-Sothoth is glowing spheres, Ghouls are malformed humans, Elder Things are starfish headed vegetables with insect wings, the colour out of space is a colour, Nyarlathotep is a mysterious foreigner, the Great Race of Yth are time travelling body swappers of unknown original form, Deep Ones are fish men, the Nameless City's inhabitants were hindlimbless crocodiles,

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-19, 06:55 PM
Still boring. Somehow thier supposed to drive me insane...But they kind of don't.

They are just more "Oogly boogley" monsters. I see more messed up stuff on Episodes of Generator Rex :smallannoyed:.

This stuff feels genuinely off, and unexplained, crazy, maddening and dangerous.

Tiki Snakes
2012-10-19, 07:09 PM
Still boring. Somehow thier supposed to drive me insane...But they kind of don't.

They are just more "Oogly boogley" monsters. I see more messed up stuff on Episodes of Generator Rex :smallannoyed:.

This stuff feels genuinely off, and unexplained, crazy, maddening and dangerous.

SCP is just genuinely Lovecraftian stuff done in the modern day and in line with modern day sensibilities. Even down to the collaboration and shared universe.

If he was alive today you can bet that HP Lovecraft would be registered there.

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-19, 07:32 PM
Pretty much. Cthulu isn't as scary anymore.

The scariest things are the stuff that is unexplained.

Cikomyr
2012-10-20, 03:21 AM

No. They purposely need it to be a traumatic, event, because she started getting used to the treatment on a psychological level and decided to induce amnesia so the procedure would regain it's effectiveness.

Although making her lose her memory after every day proved unoptimal, as the stress and dread of the next upcoming event is more efficient to traumatise her than the actual event. This is why they induce amnesia every 4 days or so.

And I am not sure it's rape. The page creator came out saying it's not the obvious answer, but worse. But I suspect he just wants to play with our mind.

Aotrs Commander
2012-10-20, 06:51 AM
And I am not sure it's rape. The page creator came out saying it's not the obvious answer, but worse. But I suspect he just wants to play with our mind.

I reckon they're forcing her to listen to them read FATAL to her. In it's entirity.

That'd even explain the need for sexual deviants to do it...! (Marginally less likely to go bonkers.)

Actually, the more I think about that, the more horrible, horrible sense that makes.

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-20, 07:05 AM
And each time she listens its like she heard it for the first time.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-20, 09:35 AM
To be pendantic, the amnesiacs are administered 1/week, because the treatment is at its most effective after 3-4 days, the anticipation of what's coming balanced against the familiarity.

Cikomyr
2012-10-20, 02:31 PM
To be pendantic, the amnesiacs are administered 1/week, because the treatment is at its most effective after 3-4 days, the anticipation of what's coming balanced against the familiarity.

Isn't that what I said? :smallconfused:

The Glyphstone
2012-10-22, 07:43 PM
Isn't that what I said? :smallconfused:

You said they administer the amnesiacs every 4 days. The 4th day is when the effectiveness peaks, and by day 7, it's deteriorated to where they reset the cycle. Hence why I said I was just being pedantic.

Leecros
2012-10-22, 08:20 PM
As far as the game's concerned, i played it back when it was first 'released' to the public and i enjoyed it, but it was kind of a buggy mess with SCP-173 glitching through everything and killing you. After updating it, i'm glad that's been (mostly) fixed, but now it seems like SCP-106's Pocket Dimension and transportation to, from, and through is the buggy mess.

I had a very good run. The first several rooms on the map was an office with a level-2 keycard and the S-nav, a few empty corridors, SCP-914's Containment cell, SCP-895 Containment Cell, and SCP-372's Containment Cell.

so i have the Omni-Keycard, the S-Nav Ultimate, 4 Batteries, a kick-ass Gas mask, and a lizard-y friend stalking my peripherals .

Unfortunately this entire section is completely isolated from the rest of the facility and as far as i know the only way to the rest of the facility is to let SCP-106 take me into his pocket dimension(via his appearance in 895's Cell) and hopefully have him drop me off in another part of the facility. The problem is that i keep falling through the world and dying either when i enter the pocket dimension, leave it, or sometime in between.:smallsigh:

I'm tempted to start over and assume that it's a buggy seed, but i'm having a hard time letting go of all of that completely free, low-risk, awesome stuff.

Triscuitable
2012-10-24, 09:58 PM
IMO, the best SCPs are the ones marked "safe", due to the large amount of black humor that commonly results from them.

SCP-999 for example, gave SCP-682 the ability to launch a stunning wave of happiness, which proceeded to slaughter the Deltas loberally while 999 tried to sve as many as it could.

Then there's the time 173 was put in the same room as 682. The end result is the closest SCP-682 has ever come to dying.

Then there's SCP-610. That one needs to be read. I really can't do it any justice.

Acanous
2012-10-24, 10:38 PM
I reckon they're forcing her to listen to them read FATAL to her. In it's entirity.

That'd even explain the need for sexual deviants to do it...! (Marginally less likely to go bonkers.)

Actually, the more I think about that, the more horrible, horrible sense that makes.

...you [Redacted]! Now I can't think of it any other way!
It makes so much sense :<

That site is waay worse than TV Tropes. Someone on these forums once linked to it, and foolishly I wondered what they were on about and clicked it - and lost twelve hours.

Twelve frag-damn hours.

Tried to avoid it since...!

It's practically a keter-level SCP all itself...

My favorite has to be SCP-001. Terrifying.

There's a hidden link in SCP 001. The "Proposed articles" are a cover. SCP 001 IS THE SITE. There is a memetic kill agent designed to target everyone who'se had contact with the site in case of containment breach. Enjoy.

Triscuitable
2012-10-24, 11:07 PM
Once the protocol has been fulfilled on SCP-213, some Deltas hae tried to prolong the process.

Let it sink in.

Jothki
2012-10-25, 01:31 AM
SCP-826 seems kind of wasted, though I suppose it would have to be. Used correctly, that thing could probably safely eliminate half of the other SCPs by itself, including 213.

Astrella
2012-10-25, 01:38 AM
I really liked the experiments they did with SCP-50. :smalltongue:

Cikomyr
2012-10-25, 04:12 AM
There's a hidden link in SCP 001. The "Proposed articles" are a cover. SCP 001 IS THE SITE. There is a memetic kill agent designed to target everyone who'se had contact with the site in case of containment breach. Enjoy.[/spoiler]

Where is it?

The Glyphstone
2012-10-25, 05:44 AM
Where is it?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Swann's proposal: The Database. Not very well hidden at all, really, it's just one idea of several.

Makensha
2012-10-25, 10:47 AM
Where is it?

http://www.scp-wiki.net/sandrewswann-s-proposal

Note that this pretty much destroys the fourth wall, so read at own risk.

Mono Vertigo
2012-10-25, 12:39 PM

... worse, they're forcing her to play it. With sexual deviants as the DM and other PCs.

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-25, 12:43 PM
... worse, they're forcing her to play it. With sexual deviants as the DM and other PCs.

Oh gods. And the campain is set in a twilight fanfic.

Tvtyrant
2012-10-25, 01:02 PM
I forget which number the Endless Staircase was, but that one is totally my favorite.

Wookieetank
2012-10-25, 02:12 PM
Oh gods. And the campain is set in a twilight fanfic.

So they're RPing in the 50 shades of gray world then.

Aotrs Commander
2012-10-25, 04:01 PM

Well, that would presume one could actually play FATAL...

As the most amazing thing about FATAL is that beneath all the rampant misogyny and "humour" I wouldn't insult childen by calling "childish" and all the rape-cheerleading, under all that is a nearly completely unworkable and incoherent game system... I think trying to play that is probably a task rather beyond the qualications of the average SCP disposable agents; you'd need a DM with at least some idea what he's doing generally and anyone that is that unhinged enough to be willing to try probably ought to be another SCP themselves...!

Triscuitable
2012-10-25, 07:56 PM
I forget which number the Endless Staircase was, but that one is totally my favorite.

SCP-086, IIRC.

EDIT: Nope, 086 is a bunch of office supplies that have the consciousness of a former Doctor working at the Foundation. He died on the same day it was created. :smalleek:

EDIT 2: Haha, I was one off. It's SCP-087

Starwulf
2012-10-26, 02:57 AM
I am thoroughly convinced that SCP-1008 needs to be re-classified as Euclid. If just being in it's presence is enough to cause it's effects, and it eventually results in death, with no exceptions, that's pretty dangerous. Seems like a pretty horrid way to die as well, worse then many Euclid and even Keter class SCPs.

Makensha
2012-10-26, 08:54 AM
I am thoroughly convinced that SCP-1008 needs to be re-classified as Euclid. If just being in it's presence is enough to cause it's effects, and it eventually results in death, with no exceptions, that's pretty dangerous. Seems like a pretty horrid way to die as well, worse then many Euclid and even Keter class SCPs.

Safe just means that they have figured out how to keep it from doing any harm. In the case of 1008, simply storing it and stopping access to it is enough to keep it from harming people.

Euclid is a designation for items and things that either A) the Foundation isn't sure what its full effects are or B) can be good or bad. It is a "wild card" designation.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-26, 09:47 AM
Indeed....many things classified as 'Safe' are in fact horribly dangerous and deadly - but it is very, very easy to keep them from being in a position to actually cause that harm. From the Object Classes:

The designation "Safe" is assigned to subjects or objects that may be effectively and reliably contained. Safe designates may have individual containment procedures, but these procedures are not expected to fail frequently, or be subject to later revision as more information is obtained about a subject.

Some Safe designates are human, humanoid, and/or sentient. To prevent injury and/or death to personnel and SCPs, interaction with such designates should be professional and courteous, taking into account special containment procedures.

It should be noted that Safe does not indicate that the containment procedures are unnecessary. Many Safe designated objects can be quite dangerous in the right contexts. The important distinction that defines a Safe object is that it can be handled safely with appropriate containment procedures. An example of a Safe object would be a gun, a nuclear weapon, or polonium.

In the case of -1008, they know what it does, even if they don't know why or how - but it is predictable and consistent, and easy to keep contained. Thus, Safe.

An SCP object is classified as Euclid when its behavior cannot be unerringly predicted, either because the item is sentient, it behaves outside of current scientific knowledge, or its nature is simply poorly understood at present. Euclid-class objects do not pose the same existential threat to humanity due to containment breach that Keter-class objects do, but they still generally require more diligence to keep contained than Safe-class objects.

Although many Euclid-class objects could be used for the benefit of the Foundation or of humanity, they may have unforeseen ramifications after their use due to their unpredictable nature. Some Euclid-class SCPs are eventually understood well enough to be reclassified as Safe, but most remain inscrutable even to the most rigorous of experimentation.

The designation "Keter" is assigned to subjects that both (a) display vigorous, active hostility to human life, civilization, and/or spacetime, and (b) are capable of causing significant destruction in the event of a containment breach. Such subjects must be cataloged, contained according to special containment procedures, and destroyed, if possible.

Merely being inimical to human life is not in itself cause for classification as a Keter-level object. A Keter classification indicates that not only is this subject capable of inflicting devastating harm to human life and civilization, but that containment protocols must be extensive, involved, and precisely followed in order to prevent it from doing so. Research into the neutralization of Keter-class SCPs is always a top priority for the Foundation.

Cases where Keter-class objects that can be neutralized by Foundation personnel persist in Foundation custody are rare, and are grouped into three main categories. In addition to cases where destruction of the object continues to be unfeasible due to apparent invulnerability or similar circumstance, there are some Keter-class objects with significant tactical value for the Foundation, as well as Keter-class objects that threaten more harm to humanity from their neutralization than from their continued existence.

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-26, 10:09 AM
Probably the most horrific (Psychologically) is the painting that kills your inner child.

Cikomyr
2012-10-26, 10:26 AM
Probably the most horrific (Psychologically) is the painting that kills your inner child.

Come on, sir. You gotta give a number :smalltongue:

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-26, 10:51 AM
SCP-1379

And of course the painting is a clown.

LansXero
2012-10-26, 01:23 PM
http://www.scp-wiki.net/black-white-black-white-black-white-black-white-black-white

That was amazing; I get what some lines reference, does anyone get all of them?

Aidan305
2012-10-26, 01:39 PM
http://www.scp-wiki.net/black-white-black-white-black-white-black-white-black-white

That was amazing; I get what some lines reference, does anyone get all of them?

173 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-173), 231 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-231) (Specifically, a reference to a story (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/decency/comments/show) relating to 231), 008 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-008), Can't remember the number for the factory, 209 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-209)

Mono Vertigo
2012-10-26, 04:04 PM
Among my favourites is SCP-1057. I don't think it's very popular at all, but it amuses me quite a lot."Panic means that the idea of a shark can be more dangerous than an actual shark."
Also SCP-1231. The one where a a computer, containing at first a single scene featuring a family, produces automatically iterations according to how someone interprets the scene they view. The first instance is extremely benign, but its misunderstanding of it by the very first viewer produces a horrific iteration. Because of that, tons of scenes are produced. And of course, it's implied each iteration of the family is conscious and forced to live each iteration.
And of course, its cousin, 1733 and its spinoff tale "We interrupt this program". Groundhog day loops taken to their logical extremes. In fact, I do prefer the tale to the original SCP.
So, in short, while I like many SCPs, the ones that interest me most are those where the supernatural element is only a detail that enables human nature to exhibit its worse traits. I'm a sucker for the kind of horror that actually exists in some way in real life.

SCP-1057 would work much better in a game than the other two I mentioned, admittedly.

Astrella
2012-10-26, 04:10 PM
I really like the one vending machine (SCP-289 I think?); but mostly because reading the experiment logs with all the snacks they came up was amusing. I like SCP-50 for the same reason, reading all the pranks was fun.

Acanous
2012-10-26, 05:12 PM
There's a few SCP's I wouldn't mind encountering. I mean, the vending machine, the coffee maker, the furniture recovered from a cardinal that hosts a lawyer demon. (What? I wasn't going to MAKE any deals, I just want to know what it'd offer, and what it would want to take.)
There's even a couple "Icky" SCPs that wouldn't be too bad if they got out. (IE, we could deal with them normally, with little to no loss of life) The Hair Worms spring to mind. Sure, they're gross, but they don't actually cause any damage to the host. MUCH better than most other SCPs.

Aidan305
2012-10-26, 05:21 PM
My preferred SCP is 55, which no-one can ever remember.

All we know is that it's not spherical.

A Rainy Knight
2012-10-26, 08:10 PM
All the ones with extensive experiment logs are usually pretty interesting to me. I guess I just like the idea of playing around with ineffable forces and seeing what happens. :smalltongue:

Examples: The Clockworks (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-914), Good Home Cooking (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-241), Pan-Dimensional Vending (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-261), The Coffee Machine (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-294)...

Starwulf
2012-10-26, 10:12 PM
All the ones with extensive experiment logs are usually pretty interesting to me. I guess I just like the idea of playing around with ineffable forces and seeing what happens. :smalltongue:

Examples: The Clockworks (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-914), Good Home Cooking (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-241), Pan-Dimensional Vending (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-261), The Coffee Machine (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-294)...

Wow, 261 has officially freaked me out. They apparently predicted the Pepsi Dragon flavor that literally just came out like...a month ago, via "The X Factor". That's....creepy.

Flickerdart
2012-10-27, 12:35 AM
Is it just me, or are most of the humanoid SCPs dreadfully boring?

Aidan305
2012-10-27, 06:08 AM

In general, yes. There's a couple that are interesting, but not many. I believe that part of the problem stems from the original "Sue Wars". There used to be a great many more human SCPs, most of whom were god-like beings in some form or another, but were eventually annihilated in the accompanying fictions when there grew to be far to many of them.
It's now my belief that people are extremely cautious about submitting humanoid SCPs that are interesting lest they be taken as Sue's and taken down as a result.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-27, 09:02 AM

Very much so, and it's deliberate. Like Aidan says, the site's members have a tremendous distrust of humanoid SCPs because of their tendency to become overpowered Insert Sues.

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-27, 09:07 AM
Say, why is this in the gaming section? This is almost entirely media related.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-27, 09:08 AM
Because it started talking about the Containment Breach game, which isn't actually associated with the SCP Foundation in any official capacity. But you raise a good point.

Great Modthulhu: Mod powers activate! Form of a thread relocation!

RagingKrikkit
2012-10-27, 09:11 AM
Oooh, we got modded.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-27, 09:18 AM
Yeah, and if you all suddenly start talking about CB again now, I will be most displeased.:smallcool:

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-27, 09:26 AM
One of my other fave SCPs where the living Legos. And as expected they where so much fun to experiment with that they where shipped to different bases to raise moral.

And when given to children to experiment too, 15 minutes later the whole area was a huge battlezone with transformers and tanks (Obviously)

The most funny part was at the end when they [Redacted] and the living legos [Find out for yourself]

Cikomyr
2012-10-27, 09:32 AM
So.. how about that game, eh?

Leecros
2012-10-27, 10:31 AM
Of course, there's to be a big update to CB on the 31st. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some talk about it afterwards

The Glyphstone
2012-10-27, 10:45 AM
A new thread in Gaming Other for the game specifically, with a link here for general Foundation/SCP chatter, would probably be the best idea.

Opperhapsen
2012-10-27, 10:59 AM
I can't enjoy SCP anymore.
There's just so many terrible ones.

"IMMORTAL LIZARD. YOU CAN'T SHOOT IT INTO SPACE EITHER BECAUSE I SAY SO, OR A BLACK HOLE, OR ANOTHER DIMENSION. SHUT UP IT DOESN'T WORK."

"MAGIC HAMSTER THAT EATS YOUR EYEBALLS THROUGH TELEKINESIS OR SOME ****"

"Dozens of magical little girls and snuff videos!" (Thankfully they've cut down on this)

And then there's Cain and Able... just Cain and Able

I like the guide for harried housewives, the hitchhiker, UNlondon was pretty cool, and there's oodles of other neat stuff.
But it's just... bleh?
There needs to be some sort of vetting procedure here.

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-27, 11:12 AM
Its called the like button. Just go to top rated for more interesting ones.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-27, 11:15 AM
I can't enjoy SCP anymore.
There's just so many terrible ones.

"IMMORTAL LIZARD. YOU CAN'T SHOOT IT INTO SPACE EITHER BECAUSE I SAY SO, OR A BLACK HOLE, OR ANOTHER DIMENSION. SHUT UP IT DOESN'T WORK."

"MAGIC HAMSTER THAT EATS YOUR EYEBALLS THROUGH TELEKINESIS OR SOME ****"

"Dozens of magical little girls and snuff videos!" (Thankfully they've cut down on this)

And then there's Cain and Able... just Cain and Able

I like the guide for harried housewives, the hitchhiker, UNlondon was pretty cool, and there's oodles of other neat stuff.
But it's just... bleh?
There needs to be some sort of vetting procedure here.

Heck, if you think the ones that are still on the site are bad, you should see the ones that didn't get past the 'vetting procedure', i.e. got downvoted and deleted. It's like a Ripley's Believe It Or Not show of awful writing and stupid ideas, completely aside from the ones that were so awful they got official decommissionings.

Opperhapsen
2012-10-27, 11:17 AM
Heck, if you think the ones that are still on the site are bad, you should see the ones that didn't get past the 'vetting procedure', i.e. got downvoted and deleted. It's like a Ripley's Believe It Or Not show of awful writing and stupid ideas, completely aside from the ones that were so awful they got official decommissionings.

The holy grails was a decent SCP removed because they had decided not to do more bible stuff.
Just saying.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-27, 11:21 AM
The holy grails was a decent SCP removed because they had decided not to do more bible stuff.
Just saying.

Also because it was typo-ridden and basically just a copypaste out of the Indiana Jones movie script. At least, that's what I remember of two or three different Holy Grail SCPs, all of which were equally bad. Just saying.:smallsmile:

Though even if the one you're talking about was above the cut, you're illuminating the point: There are so many religious/bible-themed SCPs that it has to be exceptional, not simply decent, to make the cut, a fact that is consistent...the more cliched/overused your idea/theme, the higher the expected starting bar is. Actually original concepts get more slack.

Mewtarthio
2012-10-27, 11:29 AM
So, what's everyone's preferred SCP-001? My favorite is the Spiral Path. It just looks so harmless, leaving you wondering, how is can this be the fable SCP-001?

And then you read the story...

Unrelated: I know it's an old comment, but:

It was a LeGuin story, actually. "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas."

Eakin
2012-10-27, 11:37 AM
I don't like the world-endingly powerful or apocalyptic ones, with a couple rare exceptions (the history book that adds to itself whenever it's near ink or blood and is retroactively changing history comes to mind).

Ones with extensive and creative experiment logs are fun, especially the ones that just star random agents and D-class personnel. I'm not the biggest fan of the recurring doctors.

One idea that I had that I'll probably never write up was a gas station attendant who, when asked, would give accurate turn by turn directions to anywhere. Including R'lyeh, Atlantis, and top secret government sites that he shouldn't even know about. He's otherwise completely normal

I never thought up a full experiment log, but the punchline was 'any personnel asking SCP-whatever if he can tell them how to get, how to get to Sesame Street will be terminated immediately. It's not funny the 50th time, you guys'

Flickerdart
2012-10-27, 11:44 AM
Very much so, and it's deliberate. Like Aidan says, the site's members have a tremendous distrust of humanoid SCPs because of their tendency to become overpowered Insert Sues.
No, I don't mean they're weak and thus boring. I mean they're just boring. "Oh it's a human but they have mystee~eerious powers". Aside from a couple of them like 231, they're all so incredibly tiresome.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-27, 12:11 PM
No, I don't mean they're weak and thus boring. I mean they're just boring. "Oh it's a human but they have mystee~eerious powers". Aside from a couple of them like 231, they're all so incredibly tiresome.

That's also what I mean. The site's culture regards any sort of unusual humanoid SCP as being cliche, overpowered, or Sue-ish, or just lame. Thus, the only ones that get enough upvotes to stick around without accumulating enough downvotes to get erased are the bland, non-offensive ones.

Flickerdart
2012-10-27, 12:56 PM
Then what's the point of making humanoid SCPs in the first place?

The Glyphstone
2012-10-27, 01:01 PM

Most people don't. The majority of humanoids on the site are legacies from before the anti-humanoid attitude developed, and/or why they developed, in a Seinfeld is Unfunny (find the trope yourself) sort of way; it's generally agreed that if Able was posted as a newbie SCP today, he would get hammered into oblivion. It's even flagged in the Newbie Guide that a Humanoid SCP is a risky first attempt, since it's more likely than a non-humanoid to get downvoted. Like the other assorted cliches, it has to either be bland enough that people won't downvote, or super-awesome enough to get them to upvote anyways. It's a lot easier to do the former than the latter.

Ravens_cry
2012-10-27, 01:38 PM
Because we are our own worst nightmare.
Also, Uncanny Valley.
"If you see something that... looks human and isn't, you keep your eyes on it and you feel for your hatchet." to quote Mr. Beaver.

Starwulf
2012-10-27, 03:44 PM
When did this whole "Anti-Humanoid SCP" thing start? Is that why they offed(well, more or less) Dr. Bright? :-( He was one of my favorites.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-27, 04:30 PM
When did this whole "Anti-Humanoid SCP" thing start? Is that why they offed(well, more or less) Dr. Bright? :-( He was one of my favorites.

Huh? Dr. Bright's (technically) not an SCP...his schtick has been there since the very beginning, he was technically 'killed' in backstory before ever being created.

Helanna
2012-10-27, 05:40 PM
I found the SCP Wiki a couple weeks ago and have been reading it ever since. I'll add my vote for favorite so far to The Stairwell (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-087) - it was really hard to walk down the stairs to my room that night.

Is there a simple run-down of the recurring characters on the site? Particularly Bright, Clef, and Krow? I get a lot of hints and pieces, but I'm confused as to where they started and what they're doing. I think I get that Clef is supposed to be very mysterious and will never have an actual explanation for anything, but is there an explanation as to why Bright keeps switching bodies?

Man on Fire
2012-10-27, 05:56 PM

They rape her.

From Site's FAQ:

What exactly is Procedure 110-Montauk? Let's ask the experts, shall we?

An amateur shadowcast of the Rocky Horror picture Show.

Giving SCP-231 a plate of the driest chocolate chip cookies - with no milk. All the rest of the people required by the containment procedures watch and laugh at her.

Well, you see, first you [REDACTED] until the elephant begins to trumpet, spurting the [REDACTED] holding her upside down over a bed of live cobras, wherein [REDACTED] but you have to make sure you do it no more then three [REDACTED] Barbra Streisand's Greatest Hits [REDACTED] over seventeen feet long, but that's not the worst part, because the staple remover [REDACTED] make absolutely sure that the feather boa is black and not dark blue, or else you risk [REDACTED] followed by the plutonium splitting the atom, until [REDACTED] and that's it, really.

Here's the deal. It's never said, and the author has laughed in the face of everyone whose asked. Remember: whatever you think happened to her, you're the one that did it. It came out of your head. You're the bastard torturing this poor girl. That is the fundamental nature of the page.

You ever actually read Lovecraft? because I can name only 1. ONE. of his creations that has tentacles.

Pretty much. Cthulu isn't as scary anymore.

The scariest things are the stuff that is unexplained.

Nothing is explained about Cthulhu. He stopped being scary only because pop-culture made him an icon and started putting his face on damn everything, while forcing that image of squid-headed dragon on us and stating him for games or writing fanfictions where loser like Elminster beats him up. He is a god, you don't beat him, you don't stop him, you don't make him befriend Kenny, you just die. It's not Lovecraft's fault that people ruined his creation jut like it's not Ridley Scott's fault people ruined the Aliens with various crappy cash-ins on them (and I am Aliens and Aliens Vs Predator fan but seriously, when you make them Predators favorite prey, they lose a lot of their Lovecraftian terror).

They are just more "Oogly boogley" monsters. I see more messed up stuff on Episodes of Generator Rex

You are focusing too much on your eyes and the monster, while not focusing on implications of aid monster existing and what position it puts us on. You simply don't get Lovecraft.

Avaris
2012-10-27, 06:17 PM
I wrote a couple of SCPs a year or so back which I think are still on there. Keep meaning to write another involving bats which eat radiowaves, but haven't got round to it yet...

SCP is quite interesting as a community really. I get the feeling that there are a fair few people who really care about the quality of the stuff on the site, and provied you respect that they seem quite willing to give you a chance and help out. On the other hand, the very worst thing to do is post something without getting any feedback or even proof reading it... they tear them apart.

Triscuitable
2012-10-27, 06:40 PM
I really like the one vending machine (SCP-289 I think?); but mostly because reading the experiment logs with all the snacks they came up was amusing. I like SCP-50 for the same reason, reading all the pranks was fun.

Prangles. They had to pry the canister away from the corpse of the Delta because she wouldn't stop eating them after she died.

I recommend you look up SCP-531. It's a funny little side-story about a declassified reality-warping 19-year old stereotype who is brutally slain by one of the personnel working at the Foundation.

Great Modthulhu: Mod powers activate! Form of a thread relocation!

That would explain why this thread is in Media Discussions, had a new name, and was a thread I never recalled clicking on (yet had been clicked on).

I've got a couple ideas for SCPs that I'll submit some time.

Cikomyr
2012-10-27, 07:09 PM
I found the SCP Wiki a couple weeks ago and have been reading it ever since. I'll add my vote for favorite so far to The Stairwell (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-087) - it was really hard to walk down the stairs to my room that night.

****, that was scary... I won't sleep tonight. Thanks. :smalleek:

Aidan305
2012-10-27, 07:34 PM
****, that was scary... I won't sleep tonight. Thanks. :smalleek:

Oh, the Stairwell is scary, I'll give you that. But there's worse out there. Allow me to introduce you to SCP-701 (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-701): The Hanged King's Tragedy.

I am a friend who didn't sleep for two days after reading that one (and then had nightmares when he did).

Personally, I prefer the stairwell though.

A Rainy Knight
2012-10-27, 07:35 PM
I recommend you look up SCP-531. It's a funny little side-story about a declassified reality-warping 19-year old stereotype who is brutally slain by one of the personnel working at the Foundation.

Heh, that really was pretty good. :smallbiggrin:

I'm glad that it doesn't show up all over the place all the time, but it's interesting to occasionally see how the different SCPs can be creatively played against each other.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-27, 08:01 PM

Is there a simple run-down of the recurring characters on the site? Particularly Bright, Clef, and Krow? I get a lot of hints and pieces, but I'm confused as to where they started and what they're doing. I think I get that Clef is supposed to be very mysterious and will never have an actual explanation for anything, but is there an explanation as to why Bright keeps switching bodies?

Yes, read the entry on SCP-963. That's the amulet that is linked to Bright. As for the rest of them, you can read their Personnel pages for a rundown of the characters. The people who share the character's names are mostly different...though Bright is as much a curmudgeon as Dr. Bright.

Starwulf
2012-10-27, 08:03 PM
Huh? Dr. Bright's (technically) not an SCP...his schtick has been there since the very beginning, he was technically 'killed' in backstory before ever being created.

Are you sure? I remember when I first went to the site, I read about Dr. Bright, and I read all the stories available, and then around the beginning of this year I went back to the site, and there were a couple of new stories, the latest one that had him in that alternate world or whatever with him dying due to whatever(It's been a while). I've been patiently waiting for him to come back, because that story kind of left it open that he would eventually recover and probably get out. *Keep in mind, that when I first visited the site, there were no SCP's on the 1000's yet, I'm not even sure if the 900's had been fully filled out yet.

On another note, why can't you rate up/down on that site, even after signing up? Do you have to be a contributor to the site in some sort of way? I signed up because I really wanted to rate a couple of stories up(they were apparently not well known, one had no likes or dislikes at all on it, and I thought it was superb), but it said I wasn't allowed to ><

The Glyphstone
2012-10-27, 08:12 PM
Are you sure? I remember when I first went to the site, I read about Dr. Bright, and I read all the stories available, and then around the beginning of this year I went back to the site, and there were a couple of new stories, the latest one that had him in that alternate world or whatever with him dying due to whatever(It's been a while). I've been patiently waiting for him to come back, because that story kind of left it open that he would eventually recover and probably get out.

Remember that Nothing Is Canon. Dr. Bright was created with SCP-963. There are a number of tales featuring him, some of which might end up with him dying and left on a cliffhanger because the author was going to write more about him, but continuity as far as Tales go in the Foundation is only what you choose. There's also the Classical Revival series of stories someone is writing that gives the Foundation a 'Gritty Reboot', which also re-invents Bright.

On another note, why can't you rate up/down on that site, even after signing up? Do you have to be a contributor to the site in some sort of way? I signed up because I really wanted to rate a couple of stories up(they were apparently not well known, one had no likes or dislikes at all on it, and I thought it was superb), but it said I wasn't allowed to ><

Did you join Wikidot and the Foundation site both?

Pie Guy
2012-10-27, 08:36 PM
Remember that Nothing Is Canon. Dr. Bright was created with SCP-963. There are a number of tales featuring him, some of which might end up with him dying and left on a cliffhanger because the author was going to write more about him, but continuity as far as Tales go in the Foundation is only what you choose. There's also the Classical Revival series of stories someone is writing that gives the Foundation a 'Gritty Reboot', which also re-invents Bright.

I think my favorite thing I've seen on the site is the things Dr. Bright is not allowed to do at the Foundation. (http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-things-dr-bright-is-not-allowed-to-do-at-the-foundation)

Triscuitable
2012-10-27, 10:21 PM
I think my favorite thing I've seen on the site is the things Dr. Bright is not allowed to do at the Foundation. (http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-things-dr-bright-is-not-allowed-to-do-at-the-foundation)

I listed those off to some friends yesterday. Lemme list my favorites.

7) While it is true that "No one expects the SCP Inquisition!", that is only because there is no such thing.
34) No longer allowed to make up jodies for morning calisthenics. 34.1) Yes, this includes The Mickey Mouse Club song.
36) Dr. Bright is not from an alternate timeline. 36.1) Dr. Bright cannot override orders to "preserve the timeline".
42) Chainsaws are not the solution to every question. 42.1) Nor is 'More Chainsaws'. 42.2) Or "Chainsaw cannons"
52) "Accidentally" spilling green gelatin on a dead body in the presence of the O5 was funny exactly once, and the smell of excrement exuding from O5-2's khakis spoiled the moment.
63) Dr. Bright is not the Lord of Rodly Might. 63.1) And is hereby banned from playing Dungeons and Dragons making use of SCPs to 'simulate the real danger.' 63.2) Dr. Bright may not play Dungeons and Dragons with humanoid any SCP objects.
91) Dr. Bright is not allowed to upload visual memetic kill agents to 4chan 7chan any imageboard. 91.1) Well, okay, maybe to 4chan. It'd be doing the gene pool a service.
96) Just because Bright is a doctor does not mean that he is the Doctor, no matter how many British men he possesses. 96.1) No, SCP-963 is not proof against this. 96.2) Nor is any structure that results from placing SCP-184 inside of a police call box. 96.3) Tying up female members of the staff and calling them "companions" is right out.
106) Dr. Bright is not allowed to play SCP-682 any Uwe Boll movies. 106.1) The same goes for The Room. 106.2) And Troll 2. 106.3) And Manos: The Hands of Fate Dr. Bright is not allowed to show SCP-682 ANY bad movies.
119) Dr. Bright is not allowed to get on the PA system at site 19 and announce that he just won "The Game" You know what, Dr. Bright is just never allowed on the PA system for any reason, ever.
144) Dr. Bright is not allowed to use SCP-914 to craft items from Team Fortress 2. 144.1) Yes, a Medigun would be a useful tool for the Foundation medical staff. No, we are not going to waste any more SCP-500 attempting to make one, especially not after SCP-427. 144.2) Dr. Bright is not allowed to use SCP-914 to craft items from Minecraft, either. Also, your "Diamond Pickaxe" has been confiscated.
163.1) Under no circumstances allowed to expose SCP-137 to Warhammer 40K minifigures. Again. Not even in an attempt to terminate SCP-682
167) Able is not Kratos. 167.1) Dr. Bright is not allowed to expose SCP-137 to God of War figurines.
186) SCP-963 is not a "Millennium" item.
187) Dr. Bright should refrain from trying to convince SCP-237 to become a "Brony". 187.1) Not even to improve his disposition. 187.2) For that matter, trying to make SCP-042 a Brony will just make things worse.
205) SCP-173 is not a babysitter. Having SCP-173 play 'Where's the baby?' is downright cruel. Not, as Dr. Bright claims, '[EXPLETIVE REDACTED] hilarious.'
207.3) SCP-682 does not have a "Cutie Mark" either.
208) Playing the song "Thriller" in the presence of SCP-008 victims is expressly forbidden. 208.1) Letting out SCP-008 victims and punching them "to simulate Minecraft" is also forbidden. 208.2) Pushing several agents in front of SCP-008 victims "to simulate Resident Evil" is not a valid excuse, either. 208.3) Dr. Bright is no longer allowed near victims of SCP-008.
239) Dr. Bright is not allowed to set SCP-096 as his "spraypaint image" in Counter-Strike.

Starwulf
2012-10-28, 01:41 AM

Did you join Wikidot and the Foundation site both?

Oh, crap. I think it may have just been wikidot >< how do I join the foundation as well though?? I've only ever seen the sign up for Wikidot.

edit: Wow, that list of things Dr. Bright is never allowed to do is freaking hilarious! How in the world did I ever miss that?

The Glyphstone
2012-10-28, 01:49 AM
Oh, crap. I think it may have just been wikidot >< how do I join the foundation as well though?? I've only ever seen the sign up for Wikidot.

edit: Wow, that list of things Dr. Bright is never allowed to do is freaking hilarious! How in the world did I ever miss that?

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/system:join

Starwulf
2012-10-28, 02:56 AM
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/system:join

woot! Thank you Modthulu! Now I can finally rate up my favorite SCPs! Including the one that first introduced me to the site, SCP-610. Love that one!

Triscuitable
2012-10-28, 03:41 AM
woot! Thank you Modthulu! Now I can finally rate up my favorite SCPs! Including the one that first introduced me to the site, SCP-610. Love that one!

610 is my first, as well as the creepiest. A virus that infects people, mutates them into grotesque forms, and completely overrides their thinking process? I mistook it as a lethal virus that kills you after the mutation, but after reading over the field reports, I realized this is a virus that continues to procreate and act as some twisted, Flood-like society.

610 is, in a sense, Necromorphs or the Flood. It's that simple.

Opperhapsen
2012-10-28, 09:31 AM
Also because it was typo-ridden and basically just a copypaste out of the Indiana Jones movie script. At least, that's what I remember of two or three different Holy Grail SCPs, all of which were equally bad. Just saying.:smallsmile:

Still better than that ****ing lizard.

Forrestfire
2012-10-28, 11:42 AM
I'd really like to thank you guys for showing me this site. :smallbiggrin:

I was up until 4am reading last night, I think. After my unfortunate run-in with the SCP-106 page, I decided to turn on the chrome image blocker app :smalleek::smalltongue::smalleek:

The Glyphstone
2012-10-28, 11:46 AM
Still better than that ****ing lizard.

Then you should go make your Foundation. With blackjack. And hookers. And where hundreds of people don't disagree about what's good or not. That's the beauty of the open-voting system, if you don't like an SCP you can always downvote it...you'd be in good company here, Dr. Bright also dislikes 682 according to the vote log.

Also, you might want to check the descriptors on SCPs more carefully - you complain about 682 being invincible to the point of being shot into space and surviving, but the Sun Launcher is a -J. Unless I'm missing the obvious and it's simply leftover resentment from having one of your SCPs (a Holy Grail, maybe?) deleted, in which case...meh?

Helanna
2012-10-29, 12:01 AM
Yes, read the entry on SCP-963. That's the amulet that is linked to Bright. As for the rest of them, you can read their Personnel pages for a rundown of the characters. The people who share the character's names are mostly different...though Bright is as much a curmudgeon as Dr. Bright.

Ah, thanks. I don't necessarily mind cross-references between various characters and SCPs, it makes it feel like more of a community (and sometimes more realistic), but it does make it difficult to get started sometimes.

Alright, that's definitely my new favorite page on the site. :smallbiggrin:

The Glyphstone
2012-10-29, 12:33 AM
You won't have much trouble there, really...Dr Bright and 963 are the only real 'crossover', because 963 is Bright for all intent and purposes. Many other staff members, Senior or otherwise, might be mentioned, but they're not in any way integral.

Triscuitable
2012-10-29, 01:03 AM
There are a few things of note:

Dr. Clef is a dead serious reality warper. He's not kept under an SCP doctrine because of his rather clever methods of dealing with them.

Dr. Kondraki is the nerdy, slightly off-kilter O5 at the Foundation. His history has included riding 682 to defeat a vampiric SCP, for example.

Dr. Bright is Dr. Bright. He uses memetic kill agents as Counter-strike sprays, plays bad movies to 682, and hires 173 as a babysitter.

Dr. Rights is the more moral of the O5s. She's caring, careful, and doesn't deal with Keter-class SCPs. In fact, most of her record is Safe and more stable Euclid SCPs.

Dr. Gears is a pile of fun. Most of his SCPs range from weird to crazy. Most of his recorded SCPs involve (you guessed it) gears.

Feytalist
2012-10-29, 02:00 AM
That containment breach game is one of the scariest things I've ever seen in my life. I never really cared much for the blinky statue, until I played the game. Now it's reached a whole new level of horror.

I also have a fondness for religious-type SCP articles. Clef's proposal for 001, for example. SCP-1348 (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1348) is incredibly well-written and researched. If you read the comments, there's like 10 religious easter eggs hidden in the article. The same guy who wrote that also wrote SCP-1272 (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1272), a space-time anomaly, and a wonderful effort in mind-screwery.

The City of the Sun (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-900) is also great. Empty spaces just do it for me, and the idea that there's a whole civilisation just outside our perception, and it seems like they're preparing for war... that just gets me.

Dr. Gears is a pile of fun. Most of his SCPs range from weird to crazy. Most of his recorded SCPs involve (you guessed it) gears.

And most of the tales featuring him are surprisingly poignant. Gears (the author) is a great writer.

Edit: Also I'm almost entirely certain I once saw an entry written by "TheGlyphstone". Who else here is a writer on there?

Opperhapsen
2012-10-29, 05:26 AM
Then you should go make your Foundation. With blackjack. And hookers. And where hundreds of people don't disagree about what's good or not. That's the beauty of the open-voting system, if you don't like an SCP you can always downvote it...you'd be in good company here, Dr. Bright also dislikes 682 according to the vote log.

Also, you might want to check the descriptors on SCPs more carefully - you complain about 682 being invincible to the point of being shot into space and surviving, but the Sun Launcher is a -J. Unless I'm missing the obvious and it's simply leftover resentment from having one of your SCPs (a Holy Grail, maybe?) deleted, in which case...meh?Never wrote one, I do not have the writing chops.

I think you should read the comments, or anything else really.
People have suggested numerous ways to kill it and been met with "Nuh uh".

682 is bad.
The fact that it gets mentioned in about 30 other SCPs is silly.
Abel is the suest thing to ever sue
The hamster that teleports your eyeballs is bad.
Implying I think so due to jealousy is silly.

Feytalist
2012-10-29, 05:47 AM
Regarding the lizard, there is a rather wonderful tale on the site written in the form of Plato's discourses that gives a possible (non-canon) explanation for its origin. Here (http://www.scp-wiki.net/reptilius) it is.

The tales are regularly even better than the SCPs themselves.

Man on Fire
2012-10-29, 05:57 AM
Dr. Clef is a dead serious reality warper. He's not kept under an SCP doctrine because of his rather clever methods of dealing with them.

Except when he's not, because he is Satan. Except when he is neither because all files regarding him are corruptued by virus turning everything into mary-sue fanfiction. Such is nature of the site.

Abel is the suest thing to ever sue

He gets much more better when you realize that he is

The player character

And honestly, I seen some other sues on the site, among those Foundation murdered, he ain't so bad compared to them.

Cikomyr
2012-10-29, 07:14 AM
He gets much more better when you realize that he is

The player character

Where you got that?

Feytalist
2012-10-29, 08:38 AM
Where you got that?

It's rather obvious when you think about his traits and abilities.

Genocidal tendencies, terminally bored unless he can do violence, hammerspace armoury, near-indestructible, periodically respawns.

It's obviously never explicitly stated, but the site's comments about him essentially boils down to "every computer game player character, ever".

Except maybe Barbie Horse Adventures. And even then only maybe.

Wookieetank
2012-10-29, 09:45 AM

Genocidal tendencies, terminally bored unless he can do violence, hammerspace armoury, near-indestructible, periodically respawns.

It's obviously never explicitly stated, but the site's comments about him essentially boils down to "every computer game player character, ever".

Except maybe Barbie Horse Adventures. And even then only maybe.

You sir have made my day, thank you! :smallbiggrin:

Aotrs Commander
2012-10-29, 09:47 AM
I particulary like 682, myself. Especially because it gets crossed over with loads of SCPs; it's all grist to the mill of making the whole site seem more alive (and adding some rather black humour as well, like some of the other entires), rather than just a series of (often very creepy, admittedly) entries. (And there's more to scary than creepy-scary; hard-scary is still scary, but in a different way (though, granted, hard-scary is not very horror-scary, which is why I can see why people might not like it as much.)

I always think there should be a good villain somewhere in anything, and I think 682 is as good as you can get for that sort of role as far as it can go go in SCP. Most of the other sentient (and hostle SCPs) strike me more as monsters than villains, but 682 - quite capable of talking too (well, inflicting dire imprecations on...) - everyone rises it up to villains status, as it were (especially since it seems to escape on a semi-regular basis...!) It strikes me as something of a good nemesis to the SCP. 682 seems like more of a character (like the various Doctors) than a just an entry, and I like that. (Though, of course, milage may vary whether you think that is a good thing or not, of course.)

And, yes, I do happen to a) feel some kinship with a fellow immortal evil-doer and b) frankly, find the idea of a highly intelligent, reptilian, non-humanoid practically indestructible, inimical killing machine is just freakin' Awesome.

I also rather liked the whole incidents thing, as well (like the one where Dr. Kondraki rode said 682 to kill a vampire. I mean, that resulted in a vampire getting killed in the face, how could I not?) Again, I really think they bring the whole site to life and make it more vibrant.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-29, 10:25 AM
And the best part is that if you read more into 682 and accept various bits of extraneous material as canon, you find that it's not actually evil. It just finds every living thing in our universe unbearable, revoltingly disgusting and terrifying to the point where it's effectively in a non-stop panic reaction, the only way it can cope is by lashing out and destroying the source of its disgust (i.e., everything). You hate it, and despise it, and want it dead, but at the same time, you have to pity it just a little.

As for Able...yeah, his overpoweredness is well-known. There's even a semi-official rule called 'The Able Line', indicating that if your humanoid SCP is cooler/more powerful than Able, it is bad and will be deleted. Able is bad, and used as the threshhold between 'bad' and 'excessively bad'. As said, it's a sort-of-serious joke that if Able was submitted today, he would be deleted as a stupid overpowered Sue.

Opperhapsen
2012-10-29, 11:11 AM
I gave the SCPs another shot today.
Gotta say, a lot of mehs, but then I found 1055.

SCP 1055 is the neatest thing to ever be neat.
I will disagree vehemently with anyone who argues otherwise.
It takes everything I dislike about SCPs and turns it on its head.

Except maybe Barbie Horse Adventures. And even then only maybe.Hey.
Hey.
Hey.

I have never committed genocide in a video game unless I was explicitly rewarded for doing so.

Triscuitable
2012-10-29, 11:34 AM
Only LA Noire punished me for being an *******! Every other game says "thanks for the population control!"

The Glyphstone
2012-10-29, 11:43 AM
I gave the SCPs another shot today.
Gotta say, a lot of mehs, but then I found 1055.

SCP 1055 is the neatest thing to ever be neat.
I will disagree vehemently with anyone who argues otherwise.
It takes everything I dislike about SCPs and turns it on its head.

Hey.
Hey.
Hey.

I have never committed genocide in a video game unless I was explicitly rewarded for doing so.

Yeah, 1055 is neat.

That's also one of the plusses...there's almost at least 1500 different SCPs or so, plus the -J's, the Tales, and the other random stuff. In all that, you're guaranteed to find something you like, even if the only thing you like turns out to be SCP-100-J.

Astrella
2012-10-29, 05:35 PM
What are -J's?

Prime32
2012-10-29, 05:40 PM
The J stands for joke.

Triscuitable
2012-10-29, 05:41 PM
Note: there is no canon.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-29, 05:49 PM
Note: there is no canon.

Doubly so for the -Js.

Forrestfire
2012-10-30, 12:39 AM
I think my favorites have to be the legos, 682, and 914. Oh, and the coffee maker. :smallbiggrin:

I greatly enjoy 682's crossovers with other SCPs, mainly because (as already said) it makes it feel like a character instead of a data entry.

And his interaction with 053 was adorable. :smalltongue:

Feytalist
2012-10-30, 01:54 AM
I'm not much for cross-testing and experiment logs. It's primarily a horror site, and I think that's what is done the best. Whether it's the classic jump scare creepypasta-like articles, the creeping horror, the existential crises, the "what the hell is that thing"...

Experiment logs lead to the temptation for writers to "one-up" each other, which isn't ideal.

That said, the Log of Anomalous Items is rather fun.

Forrestfire
2012-10-30, 10:45 AM
To each his own, I guess. I think the best parts of the sight are the experiment logs, if only because they inject a good amount of dark humor into the mix.

I like my horror to be funny, so this is perfect for me.

Some of it gets a bit over-the-top though. Like when 682 breaks out to communicate with 1548 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/incident-682-1548).

They rap. It is absolutely hilarious.

Androgeus
2012-10-30, 10:58 AM
Some of it gets a bit over-the-top though. Like when 682 breaks out to communicate with 1548 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/incident-682-1548).

They rap. It is absolutely hilarious.

What did I just read?

Triscuitable
2012-10-30, 11:23 AM
What did I just read?

An SCP rap battle. What did you think?

The Glyphstone
2012-10-30, 11:31 AM
My brain is broked.

Tono
2012-10-30, 11:35 AM
That... That is amazing.

Question though, how did you find that? I don't see it grouped with the other Incident Reports. Is there a page somewhere I am missing?

Forrestfire
2012-10-30, 11:46 AM
Tvtropes' crowning (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Funny/SCPFoundation)moment (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TearJerker/SCPFoundation)pages (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Awesome/SCPFoundation) are (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Heartwarming/SCPFoundation)your (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/SCPFoundation)friend. I'm still reading through them. Just finished Nightmare Fuel and Crowning Moment of Funny :smalltongue:

Note: Tvtropes is not, in fact, your friend, and will actively devour your time and life if you aren't careful.

Opperhapsen
2012-10-30, 11:54 AM
Tvtropes' crowning (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Funny/SCPFoundation)moment (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TearJerker/SCPFoundation)pages (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Awesome/SCPFoundation) are (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Heartwarming/SCPFoundation)your (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/SCPFoundation)friend. I'm still reading through them. Just finished Nightmare Fuel and Crowning Moment of Funny :smalltongue:

Note: Tvtropes is not, in fact, your friend, and will actively devour your time and life if you aren't careful.
They scare a little easy.
A lot of entries in nightmare fuel are basically "X made a scary face"

Might check through it though.

TVtropes frightens me a bit though, once got death threats for participating in a minor edit war, and then there's... well the strange people who sometimes write things.

Forrestfire
2012-10-30, 11:59 AM
Death threat?

Opperhapsen
2012-10-30, 12:03 PM
Death threat?

Made an edit to explain it a bit
Don't want to make it a huge deal.

Basically I ended up in a minor edit war (I was being really stubborn I admit, and removed something 3 times) and I was told if I didn't stop he'd kill me.
Then the person followed my edits and reverted them.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-30, 12:09 PM
Did you report this? I'm pretty sure death threats are against the TvTropes rules of conduct, to a significant degree.

Opperhapsen
2012-10-30, 12:20 PM
Did you report this? I'm pretty sure death threats are against the TvTropes rules of conduct, to a significant degree.

Reported, haven't logged in for a while so I don't know what happened.

SOOOO
About those SCPs eh?
Eh?

Triscuitable
2012-10-30, 12:21 PM
That sounds like right around the point where I'd replace his edits instead of removing them. Death threats are half-assed, and maybe 1:100,000,000 follows through with one (due to both lacking murderous intent, and not having your name or address).

The Glyphstone
2012-10-30, 12:23 PM
Op's right, thisis off topic.

Yeah, someone mentioned they spotted me posting there. Four SCPs and one Halloween tale so far.

Wookieetank
2012-10-30, 12:57 PM
Op's right, thisis off topic.

Yeah, someone mentioned they spotted me posting there. Four SCPs and one Halloween tale so far.

SCP numbers? Links? Something more than just a tease? :smalltongue:

Must say I'm amused that the tvtropes page for the SCP foundation lists itself as an SCP. I also greatly enjoy that the SCP foundation feels like Stephen King got ahold of the Warehouse 13 premise.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-30, 01:04 PM
SCP numbers? Links? Something more than just a tease? :smalltongue:

Must say I'm amused that the tvtropes page for the SCP foundation lists itself as an SCP. I also greatly enjoy that the SCP foundation feels like Stephen King got ahold of the Warehouse 13 premise.

Heh. Don't mention that on the site, they hate people implying they ripped off Warehouse 13 almost as much as they hate people accusing SCP-173 of ripping off the Weeping Angels. A bit of a Berserk Button, really.

Links...right...

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1620 (1st creation)
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1303
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1164
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1927
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/costume-change

Cikomyr
2012-10-30, 01:26 PM
you know, I just had sort of a weird epiphany..

SCP Foundation would probably be the Technocracy institute aimed at containing and neutralizing any Reality-deviant.

Forrestfire
2012-10-30, 01:33 PM
Given that this is the second one I've found, SCP-682 apparently likes to rap (http://www.scp-wiki.net/follow-the-keter). And then Able got eaten :smalltongue:

Aotrs Commander
2012-10-30, 01:37 PM
SCP 001-EX-J. (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-001-ex-j)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

Oh dear Lichemaster, that is genius!

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-30, 01:38 PM
I just like the heartwarming stuff you know?

After hearing so much "DEATH! GLOOOOOOM! GRIMDARKNEEEEEEEES" its become so thick I hear it more in fiction then I hear heartwarming stuff.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-30, 01:45 PM
I just like the heartwarming stuff you know?

After hearing so much "DEATH! GLOOOOOOM! GRIMDARKNEEEEEEEES" its become so thick I hear it more in fiction then I hear heartwarming stuff.

Same here. See, the utter dark and gloom only gets more effective when you run across the occasional spot of light and brightness to provide contrast (and vice versa, the omnipresent grimdarkness makes those occasional bits of relief even brighter).

One of my favorite pieces that highlights the shadowy boundary between them is here: Ethics Committee Orientation. (http://www.scp-wiki.net/ethics-committee-orientation) When an organization's moral compass is also its secret police, you know you're in trouble.

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-30, 01:48 PM
Yeah. Contrast is just so effective.

My favorites are the ones that are just nice. Not the god figures (Though those are nice to come across sometimes) but just the people/ Creatures/ Objects who you want to give a handshake too. Pat on the back. You know?

Forum Explorer
2012-10-30, 01:49 PM
SCP 001-EX-J. (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-001-ex-j)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

Oh dear Lichemaster, that is genius!

Agreed. That's the best one yet. :smallbiggrin:

The Glyphstone
2012-10-30, 01:51 PM
Yeah. Contrast is just so effective.

My favorites are the ones that are just nice. Not the god figures (Though those are nice to come across sometimes) but just the people/ Creatures/ Objects who you want to give a handshake too. Pat on the back. You know?

If it's in a sense of 'wow, sucks to be you', then yeah. One of the guiding rules that I wholeheartedly support is "If you want to own an SCP or be an SCP, the writer has done something wrong". People like 1505 or 085, you just can't help but feel sorry for and wish you could do something to make their awful lives a little easier.

And sometimes I just want to make toast. It's why I exist, but no one ever does.

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-30, 01:53 PM
Well I would never say "It sucks to be you" but I have a soft spot for loyalty and friendliness.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-30, 01:56 PM
You must like the Little Misters, then. Turned into living collectibles by a deranged toymaker, all friendly and approachable but still horribly screwed up and often dangerous to people around them through no fault of their own.

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-30, 01:58 PM
Yeah. It pushes all my right buttons.

Maybe its because I love Dogs. Yeah. Thats probably it.

Opperhapsen
2012-10-30, 01:59 PM
DOCTOR WONDERTAINMENT (Trademark) is not responsible for any injury.

No real indication they're "Turned into", that seems a bit factoryesque. DOCTOR WONDERTAINMENT (Trademark) would probably find creating life whimsy.

Speaking of Misters:
I don't get why they don't put Mister Hungry in charge of the respawning cakes. :smallsmile:

The Glyphstone
2012-10-30, 01:59 PM
Ooh hey....The Ethics Committee Orientation in audio format. Even creepier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z0YMJUaNrw&feature=youtu.be

Cikomyr
2012-10-30, 02:05 PM
You read the Star Womb?

That was sooo heartwarming...

Cikomyr
2012-10-30, 02:08 PM
Ooh hey....The Ethics Committee Orientation in audio format. Even creepier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z0YMJUaNrw&feature=youtu.be

The statement about "being as cruel as we need to be" remembers me a part of Starship Troopers about boot camp...

Forum Explorer
2012-10-30, 02:15 PM
I like the Eye Pods. They're just so adorable.

ThiagoMartell
2012-10-30, 03:41 PM

Looks like in your eyes Lovecraft suffers from a serious case of Seinfeld is Ufunny. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny)

Helanna
2012-10-30, 09:57 PM
You want happy endings? (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/black-white-black-white-black-white-black-white-black-white/comments/show)

Actually I like the happier ones too, but that's really not the point of the site. Rightfully so - the happy or funny ones are made all the more so with contrast - but man, the Foundation is not a nice place.

The Glyphstone
2012-10-30, 10:56 PM
You want happy endings? (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/black-white-black-white-black-white-black-white-black-white/comments/show)

Actually I like the happier ones too, but that's really not the point of the site. Rightfully so - the happy or funny ones are made all the more so with contrast - but man, the Foundation is not a nice place.

I print copies of that and leave it around campus as viral advertising.

Forrestfire
2012-10-30, 11:14 PM

I am so tempted to do this now. Just to kinda post it on the dorm bulletin board. :smalltongue:

Feytalist
2012-10-31, 01:40 AM
Speaking of heartwarming, Where They All Go (http://www.scp-wiki.net/where-they-all-go) is kind of amazing.

Also go read the Lombardi tales sometime. They are seriously good.

Somewhere in the comments for that piece, they made some versions of it on a mock-up Foundation official letterhead specifically for that purpose. It's pretty cool. I assume you're talking about that?

Aidan305
2012-10-31, 07:40 AM

Random thought, but how might this interact with SCP-093 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-093)

The Glyphstone
2012-10-31, 07:44 AM
Speaking of heartwarming, Where They All Go (http://www.scp-wiki.net/where-they-all-go) is kind of amazing.

Somewhere in the comments for that piece, they made some versions of it on a mock-up Foundation official letterhead specifically for that purpose. It's pretty cool. I assume you're talking about that?

Yeah.

Random thought, but how might this interact with SCP-093 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-093)

No idea.

Wookieetank
2012-10-31, 10:30 AM
Heh. Don't mention that on the site, they hate people implying they ripped off Warehouse 13 almost as much as they hate people accusing SCP-173 of ripping off the Weeping Angels. A bit of a Berserk Button, really.

Links...right...

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1303
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1164
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1927
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/costume-change

Those were very fun. I'm going to have to go with SCP-1303 as my favorite, being a big fan of caves myself. SCP-1927 despite being "contained" is rather creepy when you stop to wonder how many times it may have spilt, before the SCP got their hands on it.:smalleek:

The Glyphstone
2012-10-31, 10:48 AM
Those were very fun. I'm going to have to go with SCP-1303 as my favorite, being a big fan of caves myself. SCP-1927 despite being "contained" is rather creepy when you stop to wonder how many times it may have spilt, before the SCP got their hands on it.:smalleek:

Just don't forget about it anytime you cross a street.:smallbiggrin:

Starwulf
2012-10-31, 07:21 PM
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but this http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-670 is one of my absolute favorite SCPs. I'm not even sure why, if I'm being honest, just something about them makes me love them ^^ I just wish there were more stories about them, I kind of feel like they are rather neglected, and it's a shame, just seems like there is so much untapped potential with them.

Aidan305
2012-11-02, 12:21 AM
Was listening to the Volgun recordings of the archive on Youtube before bed. Then I fell asleep with them still playing.

Now I am awake. I don't want to go back to sleep. Ever.

123456789blaaa
2012-11-06, 09:21 PM
Not sure if this should go in the "Older D&D/AD&D and Other Systems" section but does anyone else think the Foundation would be great in a WOD game (or similar RPG's)? How would you weave them into the existing setting?

The Glyphstone
2012-11-06, 09:23 PM
Not sure if this should go in the "Older D&D/AD&D and Other Systems" section but does anyone else think the Foundation would be great in a WOD game (or similar RPG's)? How would you weave them into the existing setting?

They'd work quite well as a Tier 3 Hunter Conspiracy, if you could find them a 'niche' that wasn't already occupied by the Chiron Group or TF:V. I've seen it suggested several times before.

123456789blaaa
2012-11-06, 09:41 PM
They'd work quite well as a Tier 3 Hunter Conspiracy, if you could find them a 'niche' that wasn't already occupied by the Chiron Group or TF:V. I've seen it suggested several times before.

I was always the last one over the finish line in school :smallsigh:.

The Glyphstone
2012-11-06, 09:47 PM
I was always the last one over the finish line in school :smallsigh:.

You clearly never figured out the secret - when you're on the circular track, you turn around and run the opposite direction. You moving slower will be countered by the other runners stopping to look and/or laugh at you for doing it wrong, but you'll end up running the same distance and can argue that you won.

Triscuitable
2012-11-06, 09:55 PM
I've gathered a couple of buddies together for Exalted, with ancient SCPs as notable foes.

For example, 173 was a statue in a hall full of many identical statues. The worst part is that while it's kept under control, those who guard it go mad with the fear of staring at the wrong statue.

Or an outbreak of 610 for the benefit of a cult of Abyssals. It ended with a good chunk of the continent becoming a fleshy mass of SCP-610. Oh yes, it was disgustingly marvelous.

My personal favorite though, was the discovery of a creature not unlike 682. This being recognized as having been secured under protocol 682 (assuming the Foundation existed in this world), it proceeded to run amok and destroy a good number of homes before it escaped into the Wyld and right into a Lunar camp, which promptly annihilated it. While my friends weren't entirely familiar with the Foundation (I introduced them the week previous), I was, and the satisfaction of having my friends (as the Lunars) kill 682 brought me so much joy.

Anyways, that story is on hold until I can think of new SCPs to incorporate. There was the SCP children that could turn people into dolls (I was thinking about using that one), or the SPC (as a joke for my friend's birthday this weekend).

The SPC Foundation. Look it up.

Pie Guy
2012-11-06, 11:22 PM
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-j

:smallbiggrin:

The Glyphstone
2012-11-06, 11:44 PM
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-j

:smallbiggrin:

Remind me to go upvote that later.

Triscuitable
2012-11-07, 12:15 AM
I'll have to read it some other time.

Forrestfire
2012-11-07, 12:47 AM
It has an apocalypse scenario attached to it, but I just can't be bothered to find it.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/why-change

stabbybelkar
2012-11-07, 01:41 AM
I'm pretty sure this is relevant to our interests: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1d6-j

Feytalist
2012-11-07, 01:48 AM
It has an apocalypse scenario attached to it, but I just can't be bothered to find it.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/why-change

I was going to link to and, and then I saw the white text. Pretty neat idea. Everyone dies due to laziness.

And I think the Foundation could be reasonably introduced into an oWoD game. Ignore the werewolves and vampires and mages and nonsense, and just go for a Call of Cthulu-esque horror scenario. Hell, throw in a SAN meter. It'll go over well with all the cognito-/infohazard SCPs. And with WoD you can essentially make monsters from scratch.

And now I want to play that game.

Edit: Also I was just reading this (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1267). Nice use of subtle creepiness.

Jack Mann
2012-11-13, 12:44 AM

Hey, thanks. Just noticed this thread in a vanity search for SCP Foundation and Lombardi.

Starwulf
2012-11-14, 12:41 AM
So, can anyone name some SCPs that have lots of material written for them? Much like the vending machine and the others already listed in the thread, as well as 682 and 914(I think it's 914). Anything with huge experiment logs and what not, I love SCPs like those, gives me good reading on the same thing for a little while. Short ones are fine and all, but I really like to see how creative people can get with massive test logs.

Astrella
2012-11-14, 12:53 AM
So, can anyone name some SCPs that have lots of material written for them? Much like the vending machine and the others already listed in the thread, as well as 682 and 914(I think it's 914). Anything with huge experiment logs and what not, I love SCPs like those, gives me good reading on the same thing for a little while. Short ones are fine and all, but I really like to see how creative people can get with massive test logs.

50 has a long experiment log as well. 93 has a decent amount of stuff though that's not really what you are looking for I think.

Feytalist
2012-11-14, 01:27 AM
Hey, thanks. Just noticed this thread in a vanity search for SCP Foundation and Lombardi.

Oh hey, that was you? Great work man, that's some of the more entertaining stuff I've seen on the internet.

Flickerdart
2012-11-14, 02:26 AM
Interesting...I googled "SCP Foundation" (since I don't have the URL in history on this computer) and scpfoundation.org is a site too. Whois says it was registered in 2009, and it clearly hasn't had much development going on.

There's also a tumblr which is made with fiendishly difficult to read monospaced gray-on-gray text. I wonder if that makes it more secure.

Starwulf
2012-11-15, 01:21 AM
50 has a long experiment log as well. 93 has a decent amount of stuff though that's not really what you are looking for I think.

Actually, 93 was great ^^ Absolutely loved it, quite interesting.

Jack Mann
2012-11-18, 02:08 AM

SCP-423 (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-423) has an experiment log, though not as huge as that. SCP-026 (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-026) has a fair amount of added material as well.

zingbat
2012-11-25, 09:45 AM
And sometimes I just want to make toast. It's why I exist, but no one ever does.

Uh-oh. Sounds like you may have spent too much time with me (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-426).

Finn Solomon
2013-05-21, 02:25 PM
Just discovered it today, really liking some of the stories. My favourites are the ones with a slight political bent or involves time travel, like 1981 or the town that is forever stuck in the 1920s.

Vaynor
2013-05-21, 07:28 PM
The Red Towel: Thread necromancy.