PDA

View Full Version : Hockey this year?

MikelaC1
2012-10-18, 09:15 AM
In approximately 3 hours, we will see whether or not the NHLPA is serious about actually playing hockey this year. Will Fehr come in with a serious counter-proposal, or will he pull his seagull act, and crap on the NHL deal and fly off squawking. Im hoping for the first, but knowing Fehr, expecting the second. What do Playgrounder hockey fans think will happen?

Zherog
2012-10-18, 12:29 PM
Don Fehr needs to go away. Forever. So does Gary Bettman, for that matter.

As for the lockout... I expect it to continue, and at the last moment there will be a 50 game season (give or take) cobbled together.

As for the offer from the owners... it's really not as good a deal as the Bettman made it sound. 50-50 sounds like a good split, until you realize that less income will be classified as "hockey related revenue" under the deal. So the player's slice gets reduced from 57 to 50 percent, and that slice comes from a significantly smaller pie, further reducing it. I think Don Fehr is bad for sports, but honestly there's no way the players should accept that deal.

snoopy13a
2012-10-18, 02:55 PM
I think the players will cave. They have too much to lose if the season is cancelled.

I put all the blame on Bettman though, worst commissioner in sports.

MikelaC1
2012-10-18, 08:04 PM
Not unexpected, the union turns it down. Fehr is a word that I cant use on this board. The last one of their offers was so ludicrous, you wouldnt believe he could even offer it with a straight face. "Sure, we'll go to 50/50, but we'll skim 12% off the top...and split 50/50 whats left." Umm, Don, that makes your share 56%