PDA

View Full Version : Trapped in a Dungeon

Devmaar
2012-10-18, 10:24 AM
You wake up in a dungeon.

You are chained to a wall. There a four others bound alongside you. There is nothing else in the bare, stone room but a wizened gnome bent over a workbench. You don't know how you got here, or who these other people are.

What do you do?

You are bound in metal chains. The room is fully lit. The gnome is facing away from you and wearing a floor-length cloth jacket. You cannot move or cast spells with somatic components (or similar things).

Amshar begins in human form

Lexin
2012-10-18, 10:37 AM
Amshar looks around slowly assessing everyone else in the room. Then he focuses on the gnome.
Unbound and not helping... an enemy.

He tries to change shape to the one which is much more comfortable. If he succeeds he tries to rip off the chains.

Using scent to find out if there are more people in the room or nearby.
Changing shape to hybrid.

Is the room suitable to large creatures or more for medium/small.

I assume it is not possible to use Shadow Jaunt to teleport out of chains...

... 'Open Lock' - Strength [roll0]
After one try he would probably be heard... so not sure if he will continue.

Re'ozul
2012-10-18, 10:57 AM
'Ugh, my head.' Sandar is disoriented as he hangs in his chains. Trying to find focus he feels inwards.

'My connection to the All has deteriorated. It must have been more than a day.' Looking around his eyes fall on the others. 'At least I am not wholly alone. Let us hope that at least some of them know hoe to fight, otherwise I fear my capabilities will not of great use.'

Morbis Meh
2012-10-18, 11:16 AM
Wren sits quietly in a trance oblivious to her surroundings.

Preparing spells, doesn't really matter much since none of my spells can be cast without somatic components... At least the weretiger is free

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-18, 11:41 AM
Coming to conciousness, Brogan scans the room and its inhabitants, taking in everything he can. (Hmm...how did I get here?)
Paying particular attention to the gnome, he tries to detect any oddities in the gnome's behavior.
Then, he strains his ears, trying to discern any clues to his location or securing a means of escape. Finally, he studies his chains, looking for any flaw or unlocking mechanism.

He considers trying to assist the large orc break free, but after the transformation, he thinks better of freeing a werebeast while still chained himself. (!!!...he might be chained for a reason)

Spot check: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]
Listen check: [roll2]
Search? check: [roll3]

Does Brogan recognize anything or anyone in the room? Can he remember how he got here?

Amnestic
2012-10-18, 11:58 AM
"Ah, another day waking up from being blackout drunk." Darius mumbles as his eyes adjust to the sight around him. Upon seeing the tiger-beast transform in front of him, he ponders for a moment whether he too should display his shapechanging, but thinks better of it. Instead, he opts to use his firebreath on the chains to burn himself free.

[roll0] fire damage on the chains.

Devmaar
2012-10-18, 12:27 PM
All
The room is designed for medium sized characters but large characters can still fit comfortably.

your order on the wall is

Amshar
Sandar
Darius
Brogan
Wren

Amnestic, do you have a plan to avoid burning your fellow prosoners, or were you just ok with that (or did it not occur to you)

EDIT: None of you recognises anything in the room, or has any idea how you got here

With a snarl, the Orc at one end of the grows in size and his appearence morphs into an animalistic form. His manacles grow with him but he rips the chains from the wall! The Gnome turns, seeming shocked that one of his prisoners has got free, but he quickly recovers and casts a spell
Amshar:
DC 22 Will Save against Hold Monster

Oh good the Gnome starts to speak You're waking up. I've brought you here for a little entertainment. Nothing personal, but my associates and I were bored you see, so we set up this little game. If you can find your way out of this labyrinth alive, we'll let you go free. Otherwise, oh well. Maybe the next lot will do better. Good luck...

With that, he mutters a few words and disappears. Shortly after, your chains melt into the shadows.

Amnestic
2012-10-18, 12:33 PM
I assumed I could burn my chains without hitting the other guys ;p

"Ah, freedom!" He says as he rubs his wrists, his flames not really having done much after all. "Well if we're stuck together, we may as well get introductions out of the way. I'm Darius, a nobleman from a far off city and purveyor of minor magic tricks."

Lexin
2012-10-18, 12:33 PM
Yeah... will save...
Easy, I just need to roll 20 again...
[roll0]

Amshar freezes just after freeing himself. He cannot do anything, so he just growls in fury.

Devmaar
2012-10-18, 12:36 PM
Amnestic
iirc, it's at least a 15' cone, and there's only a 5' gap between you and your neighbour on each side

Lexin
So, you freeze on the spot but find yourself free to move agin as the chains melt away

Lexin
2012-10-18, 12:44 PM
"Arrgh! Grrr... Gnome mage I will find you!"

It takes a moment but he calms down.

"I hate being chained..." He says as he turns to others. "Amshar, a hunter... You know anything about this whole... 'labyrinth' the gnome mentioned... it surely doesn't look like the place where I went to sleep..."

Devmaar
2012-10-18, 12:48 PM
I should probably have mentioned the doors.

One at each end of the room, the one to your left when you were chained is a plain wooden one with a bar across it, the one to your right is ornate and iron with a jewelled handle.

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-18, 01:19 PM
Brogan looks down to where the chains were. (...shadows?)

"Brogan, warrior." He takes another look at his fellows, he can't help but stare at the weretiger. "I do not, but I expect illusions." With that, he begins to inspect the room, leaving the iron door a wide berth at the moment. (Hmm. What would Cade do in a situation like this?)

He listens to the others talk while he searches.

Taking another set of detection rolls.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]

He goes about the room, looking at the walls, floor, ceiling, wood door, and workbench (and in it, if it has any drawers), then deliberately nudges them all in turn with the seat from the workbench.

(If gnomes and illusion magic aren't common knowledge, disregard that comment.)

Re'ozul
2012-10-18, 02:05 PM
"I am Sandar, healer of profession. Sadly, my ability depends on my connection with the divine, something that needs regular attention. I seem to have been unaware for long enough for it to deteriorate. I will ned about an hour to be fully capable again."

Having said his part, he sits down for a moment, attempting to do just that.

Lexin
2012-10-18, 02:30 PM
"Yeah... we just got abducted, chained and trapped in some death dungeon for entertainment of crazy gnome and possibly some of his friends... And two of us think it is a good moment to get some sleep.
... Amshar pinches his hand with a claw.
Ouch...
...No, not a crazy dream after all. No surprise here, my dreams usually make more sense..."

Amshar walks around trying to find out if there is anything on the other side of the doors.
Listen (wooden door) [roll0]
Listen (ornate door) [roll1]

Amnestic
2012-10-18, 04:10 PM
Darius rolls his shoulders, flexing his fingers. They felt a bit sluggish still, perhaps he was tired. "Ah, if we're working together, I best make sure I don't set any of you on fire."

Assuming nothing interrupts me for the next few rounds, I cast Endure Exposure on everyone including myself. Immunity to cold/hot environments and my breath weapon for 24 hours. I also cast Draconic Knowledge (+6 all knowledges, can use untrained), Humanoid Shape (retain my current form) and Magic Insight on myself. I'll also cast Detect Magic on both doors to see if there's anything to see there.

Edit: Also Voidsense (Blindsense 30')

Devmaar
2012-10-18, 04:28 PM
Brogan and Amshar both hear metallic clanking behind the wooden door, which has a moderate Abjuration Aura.

Nothing is heard behind the metal door and nothing else of interest is found

EDIT: Unless you find various parts of some sort of clockwork device and some screwdrivers to be of interest...

Amnestic
2012-10-18, 04:50 PM
Darius communicates to the others that there appears to be a magical aura about the wooden door. "Abjuration means it could be some sort of trap. I'd rather try the metal door. Thoughts?"

Lexin
2012-10-18, 05:02 PM
"Abjurations? ... You mean magic? Is it on the door or on the other side? ... It sometimes makes a difference.
... From my experience, the more ornate door, the more expensive and thus deadly the trap. ... Feel free is you want to try it though..."

Amnestic
2012-10-18, 05:11 PM
"They might be expecting that though, so they trap the one we expect isn't trapped and leave the more ornate one without any traps."

Lexin
2012-10-18, 05:18 PM
"...
... Arghh! Okay then let's check!"

Amshar walks closer to ornate door and (if not stopped by someone) tries to open it.

I feel like I should roll a will save against confusion...

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-18, 06:29 PM
Brogan takes the device off the table and sits it on the other side of the desk from where Wren is sitting, then moves to stand near the wooden door.
Lifting a hand suggestively towards Wren and Sandar, "Amshar, Darius, consider waiting until these casters have replenished their spells."

If Amshar and Darius do decide to wait, Brogan slides the desk up against one of the doors. The wood one if the sounds are getting closer, the iron one if not.

Lexin
2012-10-18, 06:34 PM
With his hand almost touching the door Amshar stops.
Looks at the casters a bit irritated.
"Yeah... nice place to get some rest."

He mumbles something more, but knowing the value of casters in a battle he decides to wait till the finish praying/ meditating/ smoking pipes or whatever these types of casters need to do to use their flashy abilities.

Devmaar
2012-10-19, 05:53 AM
The clanking sound seems to be moving from side to side beyond the door, not getting any closer.

Amshar steps away from the more ornate door as Brogan shifts the table to block it.

OOC:
So, are we timeskipping forward an hour/until something happens?

Devmaar
2012-10-20, 11:53 AM
While the two casters meditate the others pace, and wait.

An hour passes with only the regular clanking from behind the wooden door to mark the passage of time.

Lexin
2012-10-20, 11:56 AM
"Ready now?" Asks Amshar, possibly for a hundredth time since they decided to wait.

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-20, 02:33 PM
Leaning against the wall near the wooden door, Brogan speaks to the group, "We may be under remote observation, but I believe our captors already know of our abilities. I think it best if we know what each other can do, so that we might work together efficiently, and escape. I am a scout and warrior capable in unarmed combat. Yourselves?"

Lexin
2012-10-20, 02:44 PM
"Yeah... a scout and warrior, capable of unarmed combat" Answers Amshar showing almost all of his really sharp teeth and presenting long, razor sharp claws.

Amnestic
2012-10-20, 02:50 PM
Darius allows a few licks of flame to dance around his lips. "In short, I can breathe fire. It's never failed me thus far!"

Re'ozul
2012-10-21, 11:28 AM
A sigh can be heard from Sandar as he opens his eyes for the first time in an hour.

"My connection with the All has been reestablished. I hope the abilities I chose to twist the power given to me into will be useful. I thank you for waiting on me. Oh and before I forget."

At that two small dots of light seem to condense out of the ambient light around him, one red and one green as they lazily start circling him.

Also activating Eyes of Light on Sandar:
+10 spot checks for 24 hours, immune to being dazzled, +5 to saves against blindness

Morbis Meh
2012-10-21, 05:26 PM
Wren eye's suddenly brighten up and she is on her feet shortly after. Her head darts around wildly and she runs around the room babbling to herself hastily in elven. She stops for a moment and looks at the others, then focuses on the massive tiger. "KITTTY!!!!" She runs over to him and begins circling him quickly, poking and prodding him every now and again. She stops mid prod and quickly chants to herself conjuring a purple aura around her before resuming her pestering.

Amnestic
2012-10-21, 05:44 PM
With the assent of the casters, Darius moved the bench away from the ornate door. "Trust me, this is the right path to take." Reaching out, he grasps the handle and tugs.

I assume it's a pull door. If it's a push door (should be able to tell from the hinges) he would instead...well, push it. Regardless, opening attempt is made.

Lexin
2012-10-21, 05:50 PM
"Seriously? Kitty!?
That's enough! STOP IT!"

Assuming Wren stops bouncing around and poking Amshar he get's closer to Darius.

"If you think so... I would prefer the door with moving enemy outside over the quiet trap-like one... but if you are going first..."

He shrugs and prepares to react if something happens/ jumps at them.

Devmaar
2012-10-21, 05:59 PM
When the door opens there's a burst of flame and everyone within 5' takes [roll0] fire damage (DC 21 reflex for half)

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-21, 06:02 PM
Brogan walks over to stand between Amshar and the casters. He tries to catch Wren's attention, "You need to be gentle."
He then lightly pets Amshar on the back of his neck (he can't reach any higher), and wears a completely calm and serious face (obviously holding back a grin).

Amnestic
2012-10-21, 06:03 PM
Reflex: [roll0]

Darius coughs a bit as the smoke dissipates from the fire. "Next time I think I'll just smash the door down. Still! Could've been worse."

Lexin
2012-10-21, 06:06 PM
"Told you so!"

Amshar says to Darius, in the same time holding Brogan with his claws...
"Gently you say? So better don't struggle too much, these things are sharp."

Amshar wouldn't get so close to the door he 'knew' were trapped, but if you rule he actually was... [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2012-10-21, 06:18 PM
Brin watches the burst of flame then looks at the smouldering man and points "Heyyoumissedaspotrightthere.Youshouldputitoutbefor eitgetsbigger,myfatheralwayswarnedmenototplaywithf ire!" She looks at the blank stares then blushes "Sorry, I will try to speak a little slower next time...hehe"

Devmaar
2012-10-21, 06:29 PM
Beyond the door is a space filled with fog. You can inly see dimly into the first 5 feet but it appears to be a 10' wide corridor

Lexin
2012-10-21, 06:34 PM
"We can still close it and go the other way.
... just saying..."

Amnestic
2012-10-21, 06:38 PM
"Pah, scared of a bit of fog Mr. Tiger?" Darius takes a deep breath and unleashes a burning stream of flame from his mouth down into the corridor.

Breath Weapon down the corridor, 60' line. Also I've got my Blindsense active which should be picking up anything within 30' anyway :p

Spot Check to see if anything changes: [roll0]

Edit: I'm fairly certain that spotcheck is so bad I blinded myself with it.

Lexin
2012-10-21, 06:40 PM
"Nope, I just prefer challenges which I can grab and shred to pieces over traps and foggy corridors..."

Devmaar
2012-10-21, 06:57 PM
The flames clear the fog.

Everyone except Darius can see that 50' down the corridor is another door, but the floor stops after 20'. Darrin has lost track of where the corridor is.

You cannot see what's below the level of the floor after 20' from here.

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-21, 07:06 PM
Brogan makes a mock hissing noise when Amshar lifts him off the ground.
When the burst of flame goes off, Brogan reflexively recoils, but after seeing that his companions are relatively unharmed, he relaxes.

After Darius unleashes his blast down the corridor, Brogan stands next to him, crosses his arms, leans in while looking down the corridor, and speaks in a dry tone, "Next time, let's check for kidnapped orphans before evoking."

Re'ozul
2012-10-21, 09:26 PM
"Well, this is a great start."

Having stood at the back of the group, Sandar had escaped the blast, though he had not expected his duties to arrive this fast.
With a sigh, he collects glowing energies into his hands and lets them flow towards his allies.

Chained healing wave at anyone who was hurt:
target 1 (Darius): [roll0] healing
target 2 (Amshar, if hurt, otherwise whoever was hurt): [roll1] healing
target 3 (if applicable): [roll2] healing

Chained healing usable again in 4 rounds

Amnestic
2012-10-21, 09:37 PM
Darius sighs as he feels the minor burns heal across his body. A few remain, but nothing major. "Ah, thank you. Much better." He turns to Brogan and smirks, "Kidnapped orphans? Maybe a basket of kittens too?"

"Regardless, it seems to have worked out. Now that I've cleared the fog, shall we proceed? Wouldn't want to keep our illustrious hosts waiting."

Lexin
2012-10-22, 06:07 AM
"Trapped corridor, just great. Let's just get over with it." He lets Brogan go and enters the corridor.

He get's to the place where the floor should be (20ft from here) and examines the place.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-22, 08:31 AM
Wren bounces around behind everyone anxious to get moving, truth be told she was about to randomly grab a door herself and get moving. "YES!!! What Kitty said, lets go! Quick quick bang bang~!"

Btw she has greater Mage armor on atm...

Devmaar
2012-10-22, 11:31 AM
I rolled Amshar's spot check

Where the floor ends is a 10' drop into a gelatinous cube. There are the 2 more cubes filling the space up to the end wall below the door

Amnestic
2012-10-22, 11:37 AM
Darius follows Amshar (giving him a bit of berth) and peeks over his shoulder after he stops at the pit's edge. "Urgh, I think I ate one of those at this slum tavern once. Spent the next three days in the outhouse. Hopefully they can't climb up here."

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-22, 12:06 PM
(I get the feeling Wren would be upset about the kittens...)

Brogan moves up the edge as well, muttering under his breath, "What do they feed these things?"

He looks at Darius, "How often can you breathe flame?"

Amnestic
2012-10-22, 12:18 PM
"As often as need be! Assuming they can't reach us up here, I could probably just burn them all out without them touching us. I don't much fancy the smell of burnt...ooze...thing though."

Lexin
2012-10-22, 12:25 PM
"Better smell them burning, then let them eat us alive... Breathe fire all you want, we will leave you some space if they tried to attack you and you would need to move away..."

Amnestic
2012-10-22, 12:29 PM
"Fire breathing it is!" Darius remarks and, once confirming that he had a few steps back should he need it, unleashes a torrent of white-hot flame upon the oozes below.

[roll0], DC22 Reflex halves damage.

I'm aiming to hit as many of the oozes (3?) as possible, so my 30' cone would probably be best. If it wouldn't reach (only hitting the closest) then I'd probably aim my 60' line to hit just two instead.

Re'ozul
2012-10-22, 12:34 PM
"It feels strange that whoever brought us here did so for 'entertainment' only to leave us with such an easily conquerable trap right up front. Either this is a trap of sorts or a test of our ability to utilize our surroundings."

Looking around the corridor, Sandar attempts to spot any indication of either a trap or an indication of a helpful mechanism.

Spot check: [roll0]

Current Active things: +10 Spot; immune to dazzled; +5 on saves vs blinded; fast healing 4; +2 fortitude; SR 19

Devmaar
2012-10-22, 12:36 PM
If your not going to oblige by falling into the oozes, they can't hurt you and Darius can burn them away over a few rounds. They do leave a puddle of foul-smelling goop behind though

Re'ozul
2012-10-22, 12:39 PM
Sandar suddenly wishes he had called upon the All to allow him flight for this day.

Amnestic
2012-10-22, 12:47 PM
Once done, he sighs. "There, see? Weren't any kidnapped orphans or kittens either. Once again, fire saves the day." He gives the pit a once over just to make sure everything's cleaned out. "Right then, ideas for crossing this pit? Preferably without stepping in Roasted Ooze if at all possible."

Morbis Meh
2012-10-22, 12:48 PM
"GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!! BANZAI!!!!!!" Wren had backed up as far as she could then broke out in a flat out run towards the gap.

Alrighty making the 30 ft jump! So by running (x4 normal distance=160) I get a +13 bonus to jump (160-30=130/10=13) and a pre existing +15 from my ranks and strength bonus give my a +28 modifier... so as long as I don't roll a one lol... though that would be extremely entertaining :smallbiggrin:
[roll0]

Devmaar
2012-10-22, 12:50 PM
There's only a narrow ledge before the door, make a balance check to land

Morbis Meh
2012-10-22, 01:03 PM
Crap i don't know what my balance is and mythweavers seems to be down... can't remember if I maxed balance or only put a 5 in it..... I will assume the latter and let you know if it is any different.
Balance [roll0]

Devmaar
2012-10-24, 01:18 PM
Wren easily leaps across the pit, but cannot find purchase on the narrow ledge as she lands. She falls into the pit

Take [roll0] Acid and [roll1] Falling damage

Morbis Meh
2012-10-24, 01:46 PM
Wren easily leaps across the pit, but cannot find purchase on the narrow ledge as she lands. She falls into the pit

Take [roll0] Acid and [roll1] Falling damage

No reflex or tumble allowed. Reflex to grab the ledge or tumble to reduce fall damage?

Devmaar
2012-10-24, 02:00 PM
Tumble for fall damage, sure.
Reflex for the ledge...
Why not, DC 20

Morbis Meh
2012-10-24, 02:04 PM
Well I will probably fall lol but who knows!
Reflex [roll0]
Tumble if I do fail [roll1]

Re'ozul
2012-10-24, 05:50 PM
Unsure about what to do, Sandar looks towards the others.

"Sooo, can any of you fly or float?"

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-24, 05:56 PM
Brogan watches in a mild state of shock, anger, and worry. "No. Darius, I think you should light them up. Sandar, can you heal her from here?"

Lexin
2012-10-24, 06:00 PM
"No, flying is not my thing... So the other door now?"
Says Amshar, acting like he didn't notice Wren falling into the hole.

Re'ozul
2012-10-24, 06:05 PM
Looking first at Wren then at Brogan, Sandar remarks:
"Yes, she is within my range."

To underline this he casually waves his hand in her direction and a stream of light flows between them for a moment.
-----------------------------------------------------
Wren heals [roll0] hitpoints.

Amnestic
2012-10-24, 06:19 PM
Not sure who you're referring to by 'light them up', all the oozes are dead, aren't they?

Darius tutted to himself. "I'd sort of hoped it'd be a little longer before I had to pull this cat out of the bag, so to speak." Clutching a hand to his chest, Darius is engulfed in a white light as his form shifts. The light recedes shortly a moment later to reveal a shorter Darius with pale white skin, small horns, a shock of white hair and last - though certainly not least - a pair of translucent bat-like white wings, which Darius stretches and flaps a few times.

"The only problem is that while I can get over there, I fear I wouldn't be able to carry any of you, especially Mr. Tiger."

Humanoid Shape into Air Mephling (Planar Handbook). Gain small size, flight 10' (Perfect), and a 3/Day (1d4 round cooldown) breath weapon (piercing, 1d8, DC20 Reflex halves).

I could shapeshift into something Large (or even Huge) sized and have people climb up/on top of me, however that would also put us at risk of the acid damage there seems to be down there. Or we could go back to the other door we saw.

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-24, 06:52 PM
"Darius, can you try opening that door? I believe I can make the leap." He looks over to Amshar, "I imagine you could too. Do you think you could make it with Sandar on your back?"

If Amshar even wants to try, that is.

Lexin
2012-10-24, 06:55 PM
"Yes... why try a normal door, when we can all jump over a pit...
And yes, I will make it..."

Amnestic
2012-10-24, 07:02 PM
"Remember that normal door had clanking and magic attached to it! If the non-magic door exploded into fire, do you really want to find out what the magic door would do?" Darius smirks as he takes flight across the pit, scanning the door so as not to make the same mistake twice.

Use Magic Insight's Detect Magic on the door.

Also skill checks.

Listen: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]

If he can't find anything suspicious about the door, Darius will attempt to open it - quietly.

Move Silently (if necessary) [roll2]

Devmaar
2012-10-24, 07:06 PM
Darius has a 10' flight speed, does anyone act in the time it takes him to cross the pit?

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-24, 07:13 PM
Brogan walks twenty feet back from the ledge, ready to make a running leap.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-24, 07:54 PM
Wren pouts for a moment then gets a big grin on her face as she begins to chant. Wren runs back to the end and then rushes forward again attemptingto jump up to the ledge.

Well let's see how this works... this time with expeditious retreat lol so like last time:+25 to jump via running (280ft-30/10=25) and +17 from jump DC for a 12 foot vertical jump is 48 (12 feet because medium creatures have an 8 foot reach)
[roll0] lets just say she takes 10 on the jump :smallwink:

Re'ozul
2012-10-25, 03:52 AM
Sandar looks for a moment, not really wanting to climb along the wall to the exit.

"Darius, are you capable of carrying me over there? I also might be able to suppress the door's magic temporarily with a bit of luck."

Amnestic
2012-10-25, 04:13 PM
"I'm afraid not. My shape changing is somewhat limited and though I could grow to huge proportions, my arm strength sadly remains the same."

Devmaar
2012-10-25, 04:15 PM
Darius reaches the door and finds nothing suspicious.

He opens it carefully, or rather attempts to, as the door is locked.

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-25, 07:23 PM
Brogan waves to the others by the door to move aside. After they see him, he sprints to the edge and leaps as hard as he can...

Jump: [roll0]
Str Check: [roll1]

If he clears the distance, he tries to kick the door in. If he fails the jump check by 5 or less, he makes a climb check to grab the edge (if possible), if he fails more than that, he tries to slow fall down the far wall under the door.

Climb (if necessary): [roll2]

Devmaar
2012-10-26, 11:18 AM
The climb check should've been Reflex, but I'll let you keep the roll since it's good enough to grab the edge.

Brogan leaps across the pit, before pulling himself onto the ledge and slamming his shoulder into the door, bursting it open. In the room beyond you see...

3 humans with longspears, seemingly relaxed and holding a conversation until they turn to the door as it bursts open

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-26, 02:36 PM
Brogan slightly raises one eyebrow in surpise. He raises his hands a little, palms out in an "easy, easy" gesture. "Before you start stabbing me, might we talk for a bit? You're going to see some things behind me that might shock you."

Devmaar
2012-10-27, 05:46 PM
One of the men replies
Look, this is nothing personal alright? We gonna kill you, but not 'cause we wanna.

The three take position, 15' in from the door with 5' spaces between them and ready their spears

Lexin
2012-10-27, 06:03 PM
"Make some space!" Shouts Amshar as he jumps over the hole to attack enemies.

Jump [roll0]
Using Leap Attack Feat
Power Attack (-5/ +10 (+15 for bite, as it counts as 2H))

Charge + Jump + Pounce
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Attack [roll5]
Damage [roll6]

Morbis Meh
2012-10-27, 06:36 PM
Wren just looks at the men and cast grease beneath their feet.

Amnestic
2012-10-27, 06:48 PM
Darius flaps into the room, following behind Amshar's aggressive maneuver. "Ah, and I'd so hoped we wouldn't come to blows. Shame we couldn't solve this peacefully, eh?" And with that, he reiterates upon his previous actions with the oozes, launching a blizzard of ice towards the men.

Yep, Frost Breath this time!

30' Cone, should hit all three of them, Entangling Exhalation [roll0]/2=6 frost damage (DC22 Reflex halves). Any of them which take damage are Entangled for [roll1] rounds and will take an extra 1d6 damage each at the start of my next turn.

Seharvepernfan
2012-10-28, 12:00 AM
Brogan's only reaction is a barely perceptible frown before dashing towards his enemies.

Assuming I win initiative...

Using Alacrity to move straight towards the man on my left, tumbling when necessary.

Tumble: [roll0]

My plan is to full attack flurry: disarm the first man, stun him, leaving my last attack open in case I need to try one of the first two again, then use Celerity to disarm the middle man with the spear.

Disarm: [roll1]
Unarmed Attack: [roll2]
Subdual Damage: [roll3]
Stunning Fist (DC 17)
Third Attack: [roll4]
Disarm (with spear): [roll5]

Can I get a bonus for using two hands to disarm?

Devmaar
2012-11-02, 05:08 PM
Wren just looks at the men and cast grease beneath their feet.

The enemies are spaced such that you can only hit one of them with the spell, I'm assuming the one in the middle, though it makes little difference

Brogan's only reaction is a barely perceptible frown before dashing towards his enemies.

[SPOILER]-snip-
Can I get a bonus for using two hands to disarm?

Yes, you can treat it as a two-handed weapon, I'll include the bonus

Initiative Order:
Sandar (25)
Enemies (22)
Darius (18)
Wren (16)
Amshar (14)
Brogan (12)

I will assume stated actions remain the same unless there is some drastic change to the situation (an enemy dies, a battlefield control spell is cast, etc.)

Sandar's still on the wrong side of the pit, so I will assume he delays (unless I'm told otherwise)
The spearmen hold their position, seemingly waiting for you to make the first move.
They flinch as Darius's freezing breath wraps around them.
Wren's spell brings one of the men crashing to the ground (I'm presuming Amshar and Brogan go on to attack the enemies left standing, let me know if not)
Amshar is able to tear the enemy to the right asunder, leaving a bloodied corpse
Brogan pulls the third enemy's spear away from him, punches him in the face leaving him stunned and then uses his spear to disarm his prone compatriot.

Amnestic
2012-11-02, 08:02 PM
"Hah! What's the matter? Feeling a bit chilly?" Darius taunts gleefully. He follows it up with what could be described as a wave of temporal energy. Time itself seems to slow in the wake of his breath, though notably his allies are unaffected.

Slow Breath on as many targets as possible (30' Cone or 60' Line). Slows all affected targets for 2 rounds. DC22 Fort Save reduces slow to one round.

Also Entangling Exhalation periodic damage: [roll0] (1d6 per target).

Lexin
2012-11-03, 08:37 AM
Amshar attacks the other standing man, trying to grab his as he attacks with his claws and fangs.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Grapple [roll2]

Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Grapple [roll5]

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Grapple [roll8]