PDA

View Full Version : Aldhaven Vicious Betrayals - OOC

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Moranica
2012-11-21, 08:10 AM
As if I don't know pain already. :smallbiggrin: Good thing is, I have learned to get a decent understanding at what point my survival starts to become problematic.

Monodominant
2012-11-21, 05:31 PM
Seriously though...

success on that spell rebound is what changed the whole flow of the battle... losing 3 of his own levels meant he could no longer utilise his 5th level spells AND lost his 3 spells of 4rth level as well!!!

Rizban
2012-11-21, 05:51 PM
That was a really, really lucky move on your part, Moranica. I'm reading that battle as it unfolds and am practically on the edge of my seat. You're doing great. Don't die, or I'll kill you. :smallbiggrin:

Moranica
2012-11-22, 07:19 AM
Indeed, the luck factor is strong in this one. :smallbiggrin:

And for a moment, I was really hoping mr ubercool didn't have any means to get through a closed door. That would have been hilarious. Imagine the fun of using Control sound to create the sound of an entire clan outside the door.

Also raised the question, what abilities/damage passes a door. Sonic perhaps?

Hate to lose my friend though. He was so funny!! Does Aldhaven have an elderly home for adventurers yet? A bit like the White Lotus from Avatar perhaps. :smallbiggrin:

Monodominant
2012-11-22, 08:14 AM
Depending on the results of the encounter I will tell you what/how... I am really proud of my strike squad.

Also good thinking with the suggestion. Had you approached (either charging or walking up there) you would have gotten another fireball in the face!

And since I am posting here, might as well

[roll0] - silver
[roll1] - gold
[roll2] - gold

Monodominant
2012-11-22, 09:50 AM
This fight is teaching me alot... I guess thats why its hard to play an NPC with intelligence 20-22 when you have probably 12-13 in real life...

a) You have a wizard npc who is always prepared to escape.
b) You have thought how he can escape using his favorite escape spell
c) You have given him the appropriate gear.
d) Indeed the player manages to overcome the challenge and you need to have the NPC try and escape.
e) You realise that his favorite means of long term escape (extended Rope trick) will actually kill him because he is CARRYING A BAG OF HOLDING...

Moranica
2012-11-22, 10:13 AM
Sweet lord, that's hilarious!!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

I have been quite lucky so far. The tables were tipping either way at all rounds.

Of course, he could leave the bag. If only they didn't contain his very most important mission objectives. :smallbiggrin: I actually considered disarm for it!

Moranica
2012-11-22, 11:19 AM
Omg Omg Omg. Shaking! I am going to kiss the shopowner for having a certain item in stock when I got is just before this battle.

Togath
2012-11-22, 11:38 AM
be careful not to leave it behind an open window...there's magpies about, you never know when one might see something shiny.:smallwink:

Moranica
2012-11-22, 04:44 PM
I just realised how Scribly's plans keep turning on himself, while the same can be said for his enemies. :smallbiggrin:

Monodominant
2012-11-22, 04:55 PM
Well it was an enjoyable fight... its probably the largest single haul and xp payout a PC has received in AvB but it was totally worth it and won truly.

Till the end I was not worried that the NPC leader could escape at any moment... failing the concentration AND the activation for which he needed a 4 though was truly unexpected...

The battle went from them expecting you to run (had dimensional anchor on the list but didnt have time to cast it) then expecting they will escape to ending up taking out all of them... well thats was a rollercoaster! Grats.

Moranica
2012-11-22, 05:49 PM
That's how I experienced it as well. It required a lot of quick thinking and lot's of gambling on my part, but it sure paid up well!!

And to believe I said at the previous battle: How do you always nearly kill me? :smallbiggrin:

TheFallenOne
2012-11-22, 05:56 PM
What's that Moranica, low on hit points and spell slots? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0168.html) Mind telling me where you are so I can 'lend a hand' with your loot? :smallamused:

Moranica
2012-11-23, 11:14 AM
Actually, I didn't lose any hitpoints in that fight, though I got debuffed a bit. And indeed am vulnerable in my current state.

I'm getting really really paranoid though. I wasn't really ready for this fight, and more or less lucked out. There will be consequences. .....

Rizban
2012-11-23, 11:37 AM
Well, Thanksgiving was fun. Fortunately, I managed to eat too much, so... mission accomplished.

Togath
2012-11-24, 04:28 PM
Just wanted to let Rizban know that I may post slower in the next few days, since my sleep schedule got messed up by a bad cold.

hustlertwo
2012-11-26, 09:19 AM
Well it was an enjoyable fight... its probably the largest single haul and xp payout a PC has received in AvB but it was totally worth it and won truly.

Till the end I was not worried that the NPC leader could escape at any moment... failing the concentration AND the activation for which he needed a 4 though was truly unexpected...

The battle went from them expecting you to run (had dimensional anchor on the list but didnt have time to cast it) then expecting they will escape to ending up taking out all of them... well thats was a rollercoaster! Grats.

Bigger than the haul for bringing down the Jacks? Wow. So it's got to be over $100k.

Monodominant
2012-11-26, 09:23 AM
Well no...

But the Jacks 'loot' was not a 1 man haul.

It was Perry, Ishmael, Sylvanus and Hagan... so the whole thing was 25k each...

The thing is he defeated (as he also said by luck in a sense) a fully kitted caster with most of his gear on him and 2 lackeys.

Edit... but its over 9000 thousand!

Edit 2: And given these guys were there to kill him they actually didnt have any money on them... so he ended up spending quite a bit of his own money for identify :D

Moranica
2012-11-26, 09:29 AM
@ Rizban, in response to the silly things.

Mono claimed he was on a nice city trip for a couple of days, but I know he was really desperatly trying to come up with a plot twist that would mean I don't get utterly crushed by the current events.

Monodominant
2012-11-26, 09:46 AM
I actually was trying to come up with a twist to make sure you DO get crushed...

Noone kills my pet NPC wizard and lives!

Moranica
2012-11-26, 09:49 AM
.... I seee :smalleek:

Well, I suppose taking out the hitsquad helps with that. :smallbiggrin:

Monodominant
2012-11-26, 09:54 AM
Hitsquad?

Do you mean 2 of the 4 lackeys and their local errandboy?

Moranica
2012-11-26, 10:05 AM
And I was thinking you were gonna use my "friends" to kill me. :smallamused:

TheFallenOne
2012-11-26, 10:20 AM
Did we have a PC fatality yet since the reboot of the game?

bindin garoth
2012-11-26, 10:46 AM
None here....... Yet.

Togath
2012-11-26, 10:46 AM
I don't think so,Ninjaed.
though I did come close to getting captured by the guards(and only escaped due to rolling a 20 on a saving throw)

Aldurin
2012-11-26, 12:25 PM
I think the City Streets thread will have an obituary update should one of us bite it, and that may be me soon enough for all I know.

Rizban
2012-11-26, 12:34 PM
Did we have a PC fatality yet since the reboot of the game?Not yet. There are still 4 players very close to death. One has managed to escape. A particular duo has had several chances for each to escape, but both keep throwing themselves right back into the thick of things. I'm not sure they're going to survive...

Edit: I don't necessarily mean close to death from low hit points, just in situations where they are not likely to survive.

That said, so far, there has not been a single player who has irritated me to the point that I wanted to kill off the character just so that the game stayed fun for me to run instead of becoming a chore. I actually quite like all of the active players. :smallbiggrin:

Edit 2: Yes, this means that if you, as a player, make running your character more work than fun, your chances of death increase. I don't arbitrarily kill you, but I do become much less forgiving of mistakes.

Aldurin
2012-11-26, 12:38 PM
A particular duo has had several chances for each to escape, but both keep throwing themselves right back into the thick of things. I'm not sure they're going to survive...

Oh crap, I think the other person (you know who you are) and myself need to rethink escape.

Rizban
2012-11-26, 12:41 PM
Who said it's not already too late? :smallamused:

bindin garoth
2012-11-26, 12:46 PM
Oh crap, I think the other person (you know who you are) and myself need to rethink escape.

Why do I have a feeling this is me? :smalleek:

TheFallenOne
2012-11-26, 12:47 PM
I see the chances to escape for me, but yours I fail to spot with what little I know of your character and... current equipment :smalltongue:

I don't plan to leave unaccomplished. I knew from the start this might be a suicide run, but I already got farther with less trouble than expected.

Rizban
2012-11-26, 01:39 PM
but I already got farther with less trouble than expected.Due, primarily, to extremely good rolls at the required times.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-26, 01:43 PM
Luck is a fickle mistress, payback will come sooner or later :smalltongue: good thing that crit on me wasn't with a nastier weapon

Rizban
2012-11-26, 02:10 PM
On a completely random note, I have just finished constructing a dice tower out of Lego and spent the past 15 minutes rolling dice through it just to hear them clatter. I used to have a wooden dice tower, but the clatter of resin dice rolling through Lego is just far more gratifying.

Moranica
2012-11-26, 02:22 PM
Will it also bring more luck?

On a second note, you got PM!

bindin garoth
2012-11-26, 02:58 PM
Will it also bring more luck?

On a second note, you got PM!

The question is not if it'll bring more luck.

The question is, will it bring more luck for us, or for his massive NPC army he's hiding from us :smalltongue:

bobthe6th
2012-11-26, 04:50 PM
And the players on the waiting list start chanting "kill, kill, kill, kill..."
:smallsmile: Though I am a bit surprised at the longevity so far.

Togath
2012-11-26, 08:33 PM
How risky is it to have a character try to be a thief in Aldhaven?, From my experience so far, it seems like the borders of the quarters are well protected, but the inside areas seem easier to infiltrate.

Monodominant
2012-11-27, 03:12 AM
There are different guard stations in some of the quarters. They police their areas to a certain degree depending on how understaffed and over-worked they are.

There is one exception and that is the Noble's Quarter. Things are 50 times more strict there, more policed and more deadly for tresspassers. I believe so far in the game in all its run 2-3 PCs have gone to the Noble Quarter and only one of those on official business with legally gained entry. The others died.

My PC even has dealings with a couple of Nobles but has not YET gone there or had the opportunity to do so.

Togath
2012-11-27, 11:33 AM
Does visiting the nobles quarter by using a minion who is basically a puppet/remote controled drone count?

Monodominant
2012-11-27, 11:35 AM
The autopsy will show...

Rizban
2012-11-27, 11:47 AM
I've noticed that the community of players in AVB is more fun and much more social this time around. I may actually feel sad when I kill of some of your characters. :smallfrown:

Slii Arhem
2012-11-27, 12:19 PM
Don't worry Rizban, my character isn't well established enough for you to feel sad when you kill him! :smallbiggrin:

Speaking of, I've just finished reading through the backlog of the OOC thread (in between various and sundry other things) so I figure I owe you folks a post to let you know that a NEW CHALLENGER HAS APPEARED! I've been looking forward to joining this ever since I came up with the build for the character, and reading through all the hilariously close scrapes you guys have alluded to in this thread has only marginally dampened my naive enthusiasm. I'm probably woefully under-equipped to handle some of the threats that have been hinted at, especially since he's somewhat of a combat character, but I'm sure luck and ingenuity will win out the day long enough for me to make a for a good obituary posting. What am I saying, my luck's terrible. =P

Rizban
2012-11-27, 12:23 PM
So, I just realized that I have 17 active players, 7 more than I originally intended to run. It actually feels like a smaller burden than when I was running only 10 the last time I was actively recruiting for the game.

The community this time around is definitely more enjoyable. :smallsmile:

Moranica
2012-11-27, 01:47 PM
I wholeheartily agree! Somehow the general feel of the game has spread it's influence wide enough to give of that community sense that marks AvB. Much kudos for pulling this of with multiple DM's!!

Also, @Togath, I have quite a strong aversion against drones and puppets, in the sense that my character would not hesitate to act, rather then ask. :smallamused:

Lokio
2012-11-27, 03:12 PM
There is one exception and that is the Noble's Quarter. Things are 50 times more strict there, more policed and more deadly for tresspassers. I believe so far in the game in all its run 2-3 PCs have gone to the Noble Quarter and only one of those on official business with legally gained entry. The others died.

Oh, I do so wonder if any of these young lads or ladies will get the chance to meet the individual-turned-NPC who went there on official business with legally gained entry...

...and his fist. ;)

Also, DMs here tend to tier encounters to the power level of the characters they face...

Halae
2012-11-27, 04:01 PM
heyo guys! I'm new!

Nobody's going to kill me, right? :smalltongue:

Togath
2012-11-27, 04:26 PM
Probably not, though who's to say what could happen.:smallbiggrin:
In a more metagame/backstory sense, my character in the long run is actually looking for a wizard(or a least a wizard who might know about the history of Aldhaven, or about geology or mythical cooking ingredients, or one who can make alchemical substances)

bobthe6th
2012-11-27, 08:04 PM
Man... if you ever start picking up co DMs... this game could become truly massive.

also, yay for being number 3... nearly there... so close.

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-27, 09:26 PM
Hello All!

Yet another newbie to Aldhaven. Any tips for survival apart from the stay away from the docks thing?

Togath
2012-11-27, 09:34 PM

number 3 of what?

Rizban
2012-11-27, 10:03 PM
Man... if you ever start picking up co DMs... this game could become truly massive.

There was a time we had 6 DMs and around 40 active players...

bobthe6th
2012-11-27, 10:30 PM
3rd in line, given the turn over rate that means a couple months till I get a chance... or better if you lot start dropping.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
But were you ever running 17 by yourself?

bindin garoth
2012-11-27, 10:31 PM
Hello All!

Yet another newbie to Aldhaven. Any tips for survival apart from the stay away from the docks thing?

Are you kidding?

The docks is where it's at! Everyone goes and parties there like it's no tomorrow! :smalltongue:

Ok, in all seriousness, the only other thing I could think of to suggest is watch you back.

Rizban
2012-11-28, 12:04 AM
Are you kidding?

The docks is where it's at! Everyone goes and parties there like it's no tomorrow! :smalltongue:

Ok, in all seriousness, the only other thing I could think of to suggest is watch you back.

Public Service Announcement: bindin garoth almost didn't survive just walking through the gate into the Docks during the day.

bindin garoth
2012-11-28, 12:19 AM
Public Service Announcement: bindin garoth almost didn't survive just walking through the gate into the Docks during the day.

You had to broadcast it, didn't you :smallannoyed:

:smalltongue:

Rizban
2012-11-28, 12:39 AM
Of course. :smallbiggrin:

You should be proud. You made it out alive.

Monodominant
2012-11-28, 12:47 AM
See? This is what happens when most players are on different time zones...

I go to bed and then they get to leave the docks alive!

Rizban
2012-11-28, 01:06 AM
Mono, if it makes you feel any better, he didn't make it 100 feet away from the gate before turning tale and running...

If it makes you feel any worse, there are currently two other PCs inside the docks and doing rather well. Both have managed to avoid the major pitfalls (mostly through listening to advice combined with dumb luck), and met up with their NPC contact. Their chances of leaving alive are pretty high right now, assuming they don't do something stupid or make their host angry.... um... angrier.

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-28, 01:07 AM
I'm curious, is there any actual shipments coming in at the Aldhaven docks? With everything that's been said about them, it seems like a poor trade route.

Aldurin
2012-11-28, 01:13 AM
I'm curious, is there any actual shipments coming in at the Aldhaven docks? With everything that's been said about them, it seems like a poor trade route.

I assume that after enough deaths at the docks that they just ship everything with a chain of permamencied teleportation circles.

Rizban
2012-11-28, 01:25 AM
Yes, there are still shipments into and through the Docks. They just have a higher number of guards and only from 11 AM to about 2 PM. Or something like that. I actually just made those specifics up on the spot. :smallbiggrin:

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-28, 01:30 AM
It seems like it might be less work for the authorites to just burn down the docks district and build a new one. Or would that just make the residents mad?

Monodominant
2012-11-28, 02:33 AM
All you have to do is come to the docks and ask the residents :D

TheFallenOne
2012-11-28, 07:48 AM
The community this time around is definitely more enjoyable. :smallsmile:

Aldhaven: Friendship is Magic

I have to ask: The Flatulent One? Um... what?

Moranica
2012-11-28, 07:51 AM
Aha, we'll be meeting soon then. :smallbiggrin:

Shmee
2012-11-28, 08:04 AM
I have to ask: The Flatulent One? Um... what?

Word of advice... if you smell something funky... just calmly walk away and don't look back.

hustlertwo
2012-11-28, 09:00 AM
PCs in the Docks? Hmm. Perhaps I should go over there to hunt low-level PCs to welcome them to Aldhaven.

Togath
2012-11-28, 11:41 AM
It'll be fun to see how this battle ends up.
How harshly does Aldhaven punish thieves killing guards?

Rizban
2012-11-28, 11:48 AM
Now that is a good question.

bobthe6th
2012-11-28, 12:39 PM
Well, that's were Jedidiah met his end... went looking for trouble during the day, died round 1.

Togath
2012-11-28, 12:58 PM
I've managed to survive a round so far, though I may have just been lucky.
I did find out they have access to some sort of invisibility removal effect.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-29, 05:58 AM
It'll be fun to see how this battle ends up.
How harshly does Aldhaven punish thieves killing guards?

Pretty harsh. They send a PC from the game's previous incarnation after you to beat you up.

Monodominant
2012-11-29, 06:14 AM
Beat you up?

Hehe.... yea right...

Rizban
2012-11-29, 06:21 AM
Well, he is doing merely nonlethal damage so far.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-29, 07:06 AM
And good amounts of it. Luckily I have some tricks up my sleeve as well - to escape, not to win this fight. The new generation of characters won't surpass the old one if we just face them in a fair fight right away :smalltongue:

Togath
2012-11-29, 12:18 PM
what do you think would happen if I surrendered now? I just stabbed one for 9 damage(most of it fire damage), but if I can get out alive, and last a day, I can rebind a new vestige

Rizban
2012-11-29, 12:33 PM
Well, considering that they're trying to arrest you... I would be willing to bet that you get arrested. :smalltongue:

Moranica
2012-11-29, 03:10 PM
And if you get arrested, you would have to have a good story. Like one of those really really good ones that doesn't end up with your word vs that of the guard. AND you'll need evidence of course. Perhaps you should have a friend dominate you, and commanding you to do as you like. That way, you can always blame it on the magic aura. ....

Of course to get that kind of thing you would have to hire someone of the opposite sex to hire someone to dominate you, which after a day gets boring, so he/she just asks to tell you to do as you like. That way the caster wouldn't know about your intentions.

Of course, it would be unwise to approach someone of the opposite sex for this kind of thing yourself.....

bobthe6th
2012-11-29, 04:33 PM
Or just claim it was a disguised skulk... hard to argue with that one.

Lokio
2012-11-29, 06:10 PM
Well, he is doing merely nonlethal damage so far.

...so far ;)

bindin garoth
2012-11-29, 09:48 PM
what do you think would happen if I surrendered now? I just stabbed one for 9 damage(most of it fire damage), but if I can get out alive, and last a day, I can rebind a new vestige

Or if you have a high enough bluff check, and pray they don't have a zone of truth or similar (heh, binders pray?), claim that the vestige was forced upon you by you're most hated enemy, and watch as the guards do your job for you (or deal nonlethal(you wish) damage trying to beat, I mean exorcise, the vestige out of you).

Togath
2012-11-30, 12:51 AM
One flaw with bluffing is that I'm pretty sure he got caught due to a sting, the fence he was using vanished right before the guards came, half of them from the room the fence went into.
I might be able to hide the fact that he's a binder though, since all they know so far is that he's a good thief, can enchant his weapons with fire, and can turn invisible. They may also know he came into town looking different, and on his first day had an act as a fire breather/kabob merchant.
It’ll be fun to see if I can manage to have him escape:smallbiggrin:

Monodominant
2012-11-30, 02:08 AM
How did all you guys manage to get caught/ambushed so easily?

Thats what happens when you are not paranoid enough... comes with losing your first character I guess...

Rizban
2012-11-30, 02:38 AM
Just did an upgrade to my avatar. Would love to get some criticism.

Here's the original for reference:
http://www.mornproductions.com/images/DungeonMaster-original.png

Monodominant
2012-11-30, 02:45 AM
Its actually pretty awesome!

I like the depth and the movement in the new picture and the colours and dice are more well defined!

Good job.

Crafty Cultist
2012-11-30, 02:52 AM
Just realized those were dice. I thought they were ioun stones or somthing. The new pic looks a lot better, and the motion blur is a nice touch.

Rizban
2012-11-30, 02:55 AM
Making it clearer that they are supposed to be dice was the reason I started the redraw. I'd always wanted to pose him differently too, so I just went ahead and redrew everything... with the exception of the staff and beard. I was happy with those and kept them with only minor edits.

Kalirren
2012-11-30, 10:07 AM
I definitely like the more active right hand.

Oh and hi everybody!

Moranica
2012-11-30, 10:18 AM
Nice!! It also illustrates more nicely the juggling with 17 players. :smallbiggrin:

Slii Arhem
2012-11-30, 10:22 AM
The d8 is a bit smaller compared to the others, but apart from that it looks so much better than the original. Really great job with it Rizban.

Rizban
2012-11-30, 03:01 PM
The d8 is a bit smaller compared to the othersIt's been sick. :smalltongue:

Debatra
2012-11-30, 03:34 PM
Not bad at all.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-30, 03:49 PM
Nice improvement on the avatar. The dice shapes were way off before, but now it's really neat.

How did all you guys manage to get caught/ambushed so easily?

I wouldn't call a 7th level psionic power immediately followed by a Save or Unconscious before I got another turn easy...

Monodominant
2012-11-30, 05:02 PM
Who cast a 7th level psionic bydjigitty at you? Cant recall any PC going that high in general...

And what was it exactly?

TheFallenOne
2012-11-30, 05:05 PM
Never saw who did it, might have been a trap.

And it was Divert Teleport. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/divertTeleport.htm) Soon as I saw I'm facing opposition I can't overcome I tried to beat it.

Rizban
2012-11-30, 05:22 PM
It wasn't a character casting it. It was one of the safety wards in one of the restricted government facilities.

Moranica
2012-11-30, 07:08 PM
:smallbiggrin: Loving it. It wasn't an embassy, was it?

Alfonso died visiting the gnome ambassador. I think Scribly's odds of coming that far are a lot better, using the same methods. It's just that Scribly is less of powerhungry suicidal idiot.

Aldurin
2012-11-30, 07:11 PM
I'm surprised that we've gone so long without an obituary update, it seems like everyone that can't properly escape danger by the skin of their teeth is taken alive for one reason or another.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-30, 07:19 PM
Well, if Riz wants to reveal the details it will be in the Town Crier.

Sad thing is, I could have just ported again right away, but I blew the save of the trap I was diverted to with a +12(rolled a 3). I had a good escape plan - blink until I reach the roof, Feather Fall down, and an escape route they couldn't follow... but against 7th level psionics, a Save or Unconscious and a 3 on the save there is little one can do at this level range.

Shame really, things would have been quite interesting if I made it out. The Town Crier would probably have offered hunting me down as quest.

Togath
2012-11-30, 08:04 PM
Are the online wotc binder vestiges available?
edit: also, how flammable are the buildings in Aldhaven?, I might have an escape method using fire, but burning down part of the city would probably get much worse then a few low rank guards coming after me.

I’ve also noticed that my characters changed from “chef” to “easily tricked phantom thief”, a fun but unexpected change.

Rizban
2012-11-30, 08:05 PM
Yes.filler text

Rizban
2012-12-01, 08:11 AM
Looking for artists (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263126) to illustrate Aldhaven!

Moranica
2012-12-02, 04:02 PM
If I had any type of creative skill in the arts department, I would help.

And at the moment, Scribly is working hard to get into more and more trouble. The crossroads at which he has to choose Good or Evil (from an Aldhaven point of view) is approaching fast! What to do? Both sides are lethal!!

Aldurin
2012-12-02, 04:34 PM
Choose evil, they probably get cookies.

Moranica
2012-12-02, 04:44 PM
I don't want to know what's in those cookies. Ever!

Aldurin
2012-12-03, 07:37 PM
Looks like Thog is going to be our first casualty since the reboot. I need to get myself some of that furniture.

Kalirren
2012-12-03, 08:12 PM
Wow. Yeah, Thog's predicament is some nice comic relief.

Rizban
2012-12-03, 08:30 PM
We aim to please. :smalltongue:

Seriously though, :smalleek: Don't mess with the Sad Flint. It's probably one of THE highest level areas in the game on par with some of the more secure areas of the Nobles' Quarter. :smallbiggrin:

Togath
2012-12-03, 09:14 PM
Looks like Thog is going to be our first casualty since the reboot. I need to get myself some of that furniture.

I may be close to one as well, just got locked in an anti magic cell...
Though I do still have three daggers and my armour still, so there might be a way out...

Aldurin
2012-12-04, 12:58 AM
I may be close to one as well, just got locked in an anti magic cell...

That seems to be the PC furnishing of choice, as myself and one other are in the same predicament.

Monodominant
2012-12-04, 02:06 AM
Rizban dont forget the promise I gave to Plans almost 2 years ago...

One of my characters WILL eventually destroy the Flint...

Aldurin
2012-12-04, 02:30 AM
One of my characters WILL eventually destroy the Flint...

Seems I have a timeframe to get a wizard to level 17 so he can have an elemental monolith level the place. Though getting a wizard means letting go of my current character which I don't want to do yet.

Monodominant
2012-12-04, 02:31 AM
There is no point in having to be level 17 AND a Wizard. There are other ways... secret ways...

Aldurin
2012-12-04, 02:39 AM
There is no point in having to be level 17 AND a Wizard. There are other ways... secret ways...

That involves exploring and info gathering, which in Aldhaven is like licking cocaine off of a bear trap, if other people have found out. I personally took the easy path and got immediate access to a government facility.

Moranica
2012-12-04, 02:40 AM
I assume it's one of those facilities with easy entrance, and very difficult exiting?

Monodominant
2012-12-04, 03:25 AM
I have been annoying Rizban and Plans for 2 years by continuing to interrogate everyone I catch...

The info gathering and learning the background of the city/criminal organisations/law organisations etc etc has been my most favorite part... nowdays I rarely just kill anyone if I dont detect thoughts on them and spend some days interrogating them... so in a sense... it IS indeed my cocaine :D

Moranica
2012-12-04, 03:30 AM
I see, so Vulchanka is actually one of your PC's? I'm sorry he died then.

Monodominant
2012-12-04, 03:57 AM
Nop. Only have 1 PC... Ishmael.

Vulchanka was one of my favorite NPCs... and you got him killed...

Moranica
2012-12-04, 05:14 AM
I loved him also. I might try and get the money to resurrect him....., but I don't like to talk to priests.

Monodominant
2012-12-04, 05:29 AM
There is no ressurection in Aldhaven world.

Only revivify or such effects that would work within 1 round after death.

The idea was that when the game started (assassins vs bodyguards) it would be pointless to have people go through hoops to kill someone only to then have a friend of the victim him take him to a temple for a quick ressurect/raise dead.

Unless off course if Rizban has changed that aspect in the new iteration of the game.

Moranica
2012-12-04, 05:34 AM
Reincarnation perhaps?

Imagine him coming back as a gnome..... that would just be ...... :smallbiggrin:

Moranica
2012-12-04, 06:08 AM
Also, will I live long enough, or did I just walk into a trap? :smalleek:

Monodominant
2012-12-04, 06:10 AM
Cant answer that, need some time calculating the damage dice for the trap.

Rizban
2012-12-04, 08:03 AM
Unless off course if Rizban has changed that aspect in the new iteration of the game.Death is permanent short of direct divine intervention (or DM fiat).

On that note, if you manage to attain a divine rank, then I suppose you could technically intervene to resurrect people...

Moranica
2012-12-04, 09:55 AM
Are you sure, you are suggestion Scribly makes becoming the new Garl Glittergold?

ragingrage
2012-12-04, 11:14 PM
Hey Ish, you and Moranica may want to make a Scribly II thread. I think that threads on the forums are supposed to stop at 50 pages, though I'm not sure if that applies to the PbP section.

Monodominant
2012-12-05, 01:01 AM
Yep, did that yesterday.

And to follow the theme, Scribly is The Scribly One...

Rizban
2012-12-05, 07:24 AM
Sorry for not getting much posted IC the past two days. Been unexpectedly out of town and insanely busy with work. I'll get updates to all the IC threads posted at some point today.

Monodominant
2012-12-05, 07:25 AM
We will allow it.

They call us play by posters, the Merciful!

Moranica
2012-12-08, 03:17 PM
Is it possible to store threads? Or aren't they deleted?

TheFallenOne
2012-12-08, 03:23 PM
Out-of-Character Out-of-character threads for the games going on above should be located here. OOC threads will expire after one year.

Finding Players (Recruitment) Look for players for chatroom, play-by-post, or even real-life games here. Threads will expire after 3 months, so be sure to move important information to your OOC thread.

IC threads don't expire.

Crafty Cultist
2012-12-08, 04:24 PM
I just got through looking for a job in the real world, and now I'm doing it all over again in aldhaven.

Ahh, the magic of escapist fantasy...

Moranica
2012-12-08, 04:29 PM
:smallbiggrin: Indeed, at least in Aldhaven you can intimidate or bluff your way into a job. ... wait .... bluff still works.

Rizban
2012-12-08, 10:00 PM
Isn't that how you get real world jobs too?

bobthe6th
2012-12-08, 10:14 PM
well, when I start pulling a 9-5 in game, that actually requires me to spend eight hours messing with in game problems, I am out.

Togath
2012-12-09, 12:15 AM
I think I've found a way to escape the cell I was put in; the hinges are on my side...and I haven't been disarmed yet:smallbiggrin:

bobthe6th
2012-12-09, 02:34 AM
that is why the properly parinoid have a adimantine razor sicreated on their person at all times.

actually a question, what would the stats be for a razor blade made out of adimantine be? would way next to nothing, being only a sliver of the precious substance. Made as a luxury item(for those that want a razor that never dulls or rusts), those that fear imprisonment or even those that want to get through a lock without a key or lockpick carry them for their ability to cut through anything.

Slii Arhem
2012-12-09, 02:38 AM
Well, ammunition made of adamantine costs an extra 60gp per arrow/bolt/sling stone, and it's an arrowhead worth of material in that case, so I would guess about the same amount. In any case, an adamantine arrowhead would be a perfect substitute for a razor for cutting your way out of manacles/cuffs/cells since it's extremely small and can be wielded as an improvised weapon appropriate for its size. with enough time, anything can be hacked apart with one.

Edit: of course, shuriken count as ammunition as well, so perhaps that would be the better thing to hide on your person. There are actual damage stats for shuriken after all, if you can get past the "they can't be used as melee weapons" limitation by using them as improvised weapons.

Aldurin
2012-12-09, 02:40 AM
An adamantine razor is kinda lame, what you really want is a wand of disintegrate (epic wand, unfortunately) sewn into your sleeve so you can vaporize stuff that gets in your way. Pretend you're actually casting it so that after 20 uses they assume you have it as an at-will ability, making good reason for your opponent(s) to escape.

Slii Arhem
2012-12-09, 02:49 AM
An adamantine razor is kinda lame, what you really want is a wand of disintegrate (epic wand, unfortunately) sewn into your sleeve so you can vaporize stuff that gets in your way. Pretend you're actually casting it so that after 20 uses they assume you have it as an at-will ability, making good reason for your opponent(s) to escape.

You know, there's no limitation on how small a staff can be, they're just "usually" 4ft long. In fact, staffs sized for smaller creatures would have to be smaller, and one sized for a tiny creature would be the size of a particularly small wand.

So you don't need an epic wand, you just need a really small staff. :smallbiggrin:

bobthe6th
2012-12-09, 12:10 PM
Hmm... the problem with a disintigrate staff is it would cost a geat deal of gold.
A shuruken sounds like it might work... as does an arrow head. You could also grab a tiny shuruken for extra hideabilaty.

Though looking at the pricing on the stuff... why does a greatsword of the stuff cost as much as a dagger? Just sounds funky to me.

Togath
2012-12-09, 05:10 PM
If your willing to spend a feat;
Martial Study[mountain hammer] could be about the same as an adamantine weapon. I plan to probably get it myself, if I make it to level 9

bobthe6th
2012-12-09, 07:27 PM
eh, it is a feat, those are rare. as opposed to dropping 60-3000gp to just cut through stuff...

Slii Arhem
2012-12-09, 08:11 PM
Remember though, improvised weapons break on a roll of a 1, so you may want a few spares. Although if hiding them isn't a problem then having regular adamantine tipped arrows would allow you to wield them as 1d4 daggers instead of what would probably be a 1d2 or a 1 damage arrowhead.

bobthe6th
2012-12-09, 11:24 PM
though this all feels a bit like trying to use raw to get what should be just a DM call... So Rizban, what is your ruling?

Slii Arhem
2012-12-09, 11:30 PM
Heh, I wouldn't have actually used this for my character without GM approval, even though he's meant to be ridiculously overprepared. I just felt it was a fun thing to discuss.

Moranica
2012-12-10, 02:25 AM
I would just replace my teeth with adamantine versions. Gaining an improvised bite attack.

"Ď'LL CHEW MY WAY OUT!"

Rizban
2012-12-10, 03:20 AM
Why the focus on adamantine? Just replace your eyes with the eyes from a beholder's eyestalks. Instant built in disintegration.

Monodominant
2012-12-10, 03:26 AM
I would just hide in the corner of the cell and wait till they open the door to investigate what happened. Then step out calmly as they search it.

Moranica
2012-12-10, 05:53 AM
That sounds like something that you got away with..... :smallbiggrin:

Monodominant
2012-12-10, 05:55 AM
Well... almost...

Having a +29 modifier before magic and Hide in Plain Sight helps :D

Moranica
2012-12-10, 05:57 AM
Aha, that explains Ishamel's nickname.

Monodominant
2012-12-10, 06:01 AM
Ishmael has a nickname? Whats that?

I had 'self made' a persona for him called 'The orange haired youth' but that was only to use in some missions for various reasons.

Debatra
2012-12-10, 10:26 AM
Completely irrelevant to AvB, but this must be retold:

Yesterday, the DM of a pbp game I'm playing on another site posted on that site for the 666th time. This post was to inform a player (fortunately not myself) that despite this particular enemy needing a natural 20, he'd been hit with a save-or-die poison. (rolled true, right in front of us)

Today, this player and his +13 modifier to Fortitude saves died (he came up three points shy of the DC).

Monodominant
2012-12-10, 10:49 AM
I dont recall any save or die poisons in 3.0/3.5...

Those were a beautiful thing in 2nd edition...

Which poison was it? Might need to get some for Ishmael!

Debatra
2012-12-10, 11:31 AM
I don't have a name; just a description:

DC25. Failure means death. Success means an additional 2d8 of damage from poison for 2 rounds

Slii Arhem
2012-12-10, 12:07 PM
Definitely a homebrew or third party supplement poison then. There are next to no poisons that do straight HP damage, let alone outright kill. The closest ones you get deal Con damage, and all poison mechanics deal their damage immediately and then one minute later as a rule, and I can't recall any that deal damage over time or damage on successful saves.

Debatra
2012-12-10, 12:26 PM
I figured as much. This is a VERY (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Understatement) homebrew-friendly.

Although; are there any poisons like that one in any version of D&D, ever? This particular game is a melting pot of just about every system. (Don't ask how it works; I sure as hell didn't.)

Togath
2012-12-10, 05:46 PM
If I were to put a anti-magic rune thingy on my own armour...could I use it as defense while still using my normal abilities?
What if I strapped it to a shield?

Rizban
2012-12-11, 05:17 PM
"anti-magic rune thingy"?

Halae
2012-12-11, 05:22 PM
I think Togath means the central point of an antimagic field. Alas, it doesn't work that way, Togath; the closest thing you can get to what you're describing is spell resistance.

Moranica
2012-12-11, 05:26 PM
Oh dear, getting into trouble with a shop owner for making horrible jokes.

Rizban
2012-12-11, 05:27 PM
She isn't the shop owner, just the saleslady. But, really, you should never insult a Nymph's beauty. You're just lucky she's nice and didn't attempt to permanently blind you instead. :smalltongue:

Moranica
2012-12-11, 05:36 PM
Indeed, that does sound like a good idea though, permanent blindness in a 30 ft radius as a free action. :smallbiggrin:

Aldurin
2012-12-11, 06:01 PM
WHAT?! THIS IS NOT HOW BANISHMENT WORKS!

Actually, you know what? Bring it. I'll take on the docks while being low on spells. Gonna go out with a bang if I'm gonna be the first death.

TheFallenOne
2012-12-11, 06:06 PM
They dropped you into the docks? :smallbiggrin: Is it at least not night?

bindin garoth
2012-12-11, 08:31 PM
WHAT?! THIS IS NOT HOW BANISHMENT WORKS!

Actually, you know what? Bring it. I'll take on the docks while being low on spells. Gonna go out with a bang if I'm gonna be the first death.

You were dropped on the docks?

Maybe my character should come and get sneak attacked while watch the show. :smalltongue:

Alas, my character has no reason to go to the docks at the moment. Actually, he has reasons to stay away from there......... For now.

Rizban
2012-12-11, 11:41 PM
WHAT?! THIS IS NOT HOW BANISHMENT WORKS!Is there a complaint?

They were pretty clear on the terms before you accepted it...

Monodominant
2012-12-12, 01:05 AM
Darnit!

All those people go to the Docks while I am stuck on a boat!

Can you at least try to spend a few RL days/rounds there?

Togath
2012-12-12, 02:59 AM
How do we handle character death?, Should I just post up a new character in the recruiting if my current one dies?(he's currently at half hp, in the middle of a prison with anti-magic wards and just broke open his cell door and is now in combat with a guard)

Rizban
2012-12-12, 03:10 AM
You roll up a new character from scratch and resubmit.

Moranica
2012-12-12, 03:20 AM
You can resubmit a character though, right?

Like how Alfonso I, II and III got killed in non related story arcs. :smallbiggrin:

Lokio
2012-12-12, 10:55 AM
Darnit!

All those people go to the Docks while I am stuck on a boat!

Can you at least try to spend a few RL days/rounds there?

lol

riz, is ishmael still in the same continuity as the rest of us? i would've thought he had destroyed the time-space barrier and flown into Isengard or somethin

Monodominant
2012-12-12, 12:19 PM
I have been taking it real slow... it has not been more than one or two weeks since the Jacks were destroyed and the slums-docks warfare.

As usual being methodical, spending time with his girlfriend and also doing the occasional random 'right thing' like removing the corrupt head from an orphanage delay him.

Moranica
2012-12-12, 03:12 PM
Are you mixing real life and Aldhaven here? :smallsmile:

Monodominant
2012-12-12, 04:37 PM
Nop...

Ishmael met someone he used for infortmation at the start and ended up asassinating her best friend... but she became interesting and it was fun seeing Plans have to roleplay a romantic interest...

But in a sense I have this feeling of wrongness for doing truly evil things which is why Ishmael has a grey code of honor he follows which forces him not be a raving murderous lunatic but rather a precise killer.

Moranica
2012-12-12, 04:41 PM
I see...., well, I suppose Scribly met one girl before. Even declared his love for her. ... Didn't work out to well though. :smallbiggrin:

Monodominant
2012-12-12, 04:47 PM
Give it a try again with the new info you have...

Maybe she just didnt know the real you :D

Togath
2012-12-12, 06:12 PM
You can resubmit a character though, right?

Like how Alfonso I, II and III got killed in non related story arcs. :smallbiggrin:

If Tormund does meet his end I'll probably resubmit him with a slightly different build(possibly a rogue or beguiler), since his current is a bit on the weak side(in person anyway, and he's had to do all of his thefts via summoned minions)
edit: I suppose I could also use his sister as a new character, but I would need a reason for her to come to Aldhaven

Rizban
2012-12-12, 07:05 PM
edit: I suppose I could also use his sister as a new character, but I would need a reason for her to come to AldhavenHad a player do that. She was investigating why her brother disappeared. The player quit after only a couple posts though...

TheFallenOne
2012-12-12, 07:07 PM
"I am Togatha. You killed my brother. Prepare to die."

bobthe6th
2012-12-12, 07:36 PM
Might be fun to do a line of sibling characters going down the alinement spectrum... first LG then LN, CN, and ending one CE. Each letting the player have more old vendettas then the last.

Togath
2012-12-12, 09:13 PM
I do wonder how much of my character's misfortune was due to trusting his fence too much(she was the one who carved the jewels I tried to sell, and took the first two without paying me, with the condition that she would help me sell them if I brought her more, and to leave for the moment so I didn't attract suspicion to the jewel's shop).
Now that I think about it, it probably was a bad idea to try to fence the jewels in a shop in the plaza, rather then a place such as the slums or docks

Moranica
2012-12-13, 03:13 AM
You trusted SOMEONE. Indeed, that is not recommendable.

Rizban
2012-12-13, 05:02 PM
Trust is a good thing. None of my characters would ever have progressed had they not trusted people. The trick is trusting the right people.

bobthe6th
2012-12-13, 05:14 PM
...and not trusting disguised shape shifting mindflayers out to eat your brain. That is also very important.

Moranica
2012-12-13, 05:23 PM
I didn't realise we met! :smallbiggrin:

bobthe6th
2012-12-13, 05:32 PM
See, now I want to make that character... would be a pain though.

Rizban
2012-12-13, 05:38 PM
You wouldn't be the first to make a disguised mindflayer character...

bobthe6th
2012-12-13, 06:01 PM
See that? That is par for the course in Aldhaven.

Rizban
2012-12-13, 06:07 PM
Well, of course, he wasn't an actual mindflayer. The HD and LA are too high to be used in AVB. Still, he had the tentacles and psionics and brain extraction going and managed to get all the relevant abilities.

bobthe6th
2012-12-13, 06:23 PM
using the feats? or some other undisclosed method? still sounds like a cool build.

Rizban
2012-12-13, 07:15 PM
using the feats? or some other undisclosed method? still sounds like a cool build.

No comment.

1On another note, I think my personal character is going to die soon. He just made it his personal goal to bring down the largest religion in Aldhaven...

bobthe6th
2012-12-13, 07:19 PM
The little old magic item crafter? Would think he has the gold/favors to make a nasty hit squad... or even a small army.

Rizban
2012-12-13, 07:33 PM
Hagan is an NPC now. I retired him like a year ago. I just started a new character about two weeks ago.

bobthe6th
2012-12-13, 07:40 PM
Oh, well good luck then. Your a better man then I, Gungadin.

You going to finaly prove the evil that is the church of Palor? Probably a diffrent church, but it would be a fun goal...

Actually, can we get away with worshiping the burning hate? What would be the domains I wonder...

bindin garoth
2012-12-13, 09:11 PM
You going to finaly prove the evil that is the church of Palor? Probably a diffrent church, but it would be a fun goal...

Now that sounds like a challenge....... My next character I make. Assuming I die of course. Then again, all die in Aldhaven. Or get tossed onto the Docks at night.

bobthe6th
2012-12-13, 09:41 PM
yes, people must learn the truth! (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19558798/Pelor_the_Burning_Hate)
The church may try to hide it, but it is there, clear as day! A monster is in our midst, a wolf in sheep's clothing! An abyssal lord feigns godhood, getting his ichor spattered tentacles deep in the peoples hearts!

bindin garoth
2012-12-13, 09:56 PM
.......... I never even saw that be- AAAAAHH, MY EYES! WHY PALOR, WHY!

This is probably what will happen to my next character. Is it sad that I'm already seeing the deaths of my current character, and a character whom I haven't even made yet?

Actually, surprisingly, my character isn't in danger for now. Unless I'm mis-reading the current situation.........

bobthe6th
2012-12-13, 10:01 PM
I was always wierded out by the picture of the cleric stepping on the barbarians face.

bindin garoth
2012-12-13, 10:05 PM
I was always wierded out by the picture of the cleric stepping on the barbarians face.

CODzilla Cleric stepping on barbarians face!!!?

*re-reads thread*

What page is it on?

bobthe6th
2012-12-13, 10:11 PM
don't have my phb handy, but I think it is near the description for aid another, or climb...

krusk is climbing a odd stone pillar, and Jozan is standing one foot on his face and the other on the top of the pillar holding his shield and mace.

Rizban
2012-12-14, 12:26 AM
CODzilla Cleric stepping on barbarians face!!!?

*re-reads thread*

What page is it on?
Page 68...

bindin garoth
2012-12-14, 01:41 PM
Opps........ When you mentioned the picture I immediately thought it was in the thread :smalltongue:

........ On the other hand, what would happen if a bunch of people bought a huge supply of Bag of Tricks and tossed all of the animals into the Docks?

Aldurin
2012-12-14, 01:48 PM
I don't think we need to hold any charity feedings for what lives there . . .

Debatra
2012-12-14, 02:56 PM
Those poor animals...

Monodominant
2012-12-14, 03:34 PM
Animals dont have souls...

Rizban
2012-12-14, 03:38 PM
Yeah, the animals would be totally safe. You're only in danger if you have a soul.

Aldurin
2012-12-14, 03:40 PM
Yeah, the animals would be totally safe. You're only in danger if you have a soul.

I'll remember to make my next character a construct.

bobthe6th
2012-12-14, 04:14 PM
would be entertaining to argue if warforged have souls...

Rizban
2012-12-14, 04:39 PM
That's why they have the living construct subtype...

Moranica
2012-12-14, 05:21 PM
Should Scribly ever ever die. Which I certainly hope he will not, as I am far from done with him, then I have such a character in mind. Of the type that wants to give Aldhaven back to the sea....

Rizban
2012-12-14, 05:28 PM
Should Scribly ever ever die. Which I certainly hope he will not, as I am far from done with him, then I have such a character in mind. Of the type that wants to give Aldhaven back to the sea....

You wouldn't be the first.

The real kicker to that plan though is that Aldhaven lies pretty much right in the middle of the continent.

TheFallenOne
2012-12-14, 05:33 PM
I have certain plans as well, but right now I'm concerned with not getting executed for murdering five watchmen :smalltongue:

Moranica
2012-12-14, 05:37 PM
Indeed, that is why getting divine ranks is also part of the plan.

But really, that's what so much fun with Scribly. Half the time he's hasn't got a clue what he's really doing and when he thinks he knows, he really doesn't. :smallbiggrin:

bindin garoth
2012-12-14, 11:36 PM
Indeed, that is why getting divine ranks is also part of the plan.

But really, that's what so much fun with Scribly. Half the time he's hasn't got a clue what he's really doing and when he thinks he knows, he really doesn't. :smallbiggrin:

Divine ranks?

Good luck with that :smalltongue: Probably will need it!

TheFallenOne,

.......... I'm really tempted to ask what happened here.

Togath
2012-12-15, 12:38 AM
TheFallenOne,

.......... I'm really tempted to ask what happened here.

Stole something and forgot you dealt the same damage with your fists as with your daggers?(I did remember in time to not use my dagger on the guard I'm fighting at the moment though)

TheFallenOne
2012-12-15, 12:56 AM
No, was quite intentional on my part. My Energizer Bunny build is pretty good for cutting through moderately strong flunkies. I ran as soon as I faced opposition I can't overcome(PC from the previous incarnation of the game) but I got stopped by Divert Teleport. I thought I had a good exit strategy, but I guess soon as I started my assault my fate was sealed. The watch just has the ressources to afford some high-level defenses in their critical locations.

Aldurin
2012-12-15, 03:07 AM
And because your character is much better at combat than mine, you hold all of the murder charges while I get assault charges, which apparently allow for banishment.

bindin garoth
2012-12-15, 10:04 AM
No, was quite intentional on my part. My Energizer Bunny build is pretty good for cutting through moderately strong flunkies. I ran as soon as I faced opposition I can't overcome(PC from the previous incarnation of the game) but I got stopped by Divert Teleport. I thought I had a good exit strategy, but I guess soon as I started my assault my fate was sealed. The watch just has the ressources to afford some high-level defenses in their critical locations.

Energizer....... Bunny?

Does he have rabbit ears and a drum with the Duracell logo on it :smalltongue:

TheFallenOne
2012-12-15, 10:25 AM
No. But he can keep going, and going, and going. Didn't have a single scratch after his killing spree. He could fight something like, say, bugbears three or four at a time, all day long and come out unscathed. He was weaknesses of course, but melees with low to moderate damage output are fodder to him.

Moranica
2012-12-17, 03:08 PM
Anybody on the brink of death out there?

bindin garoth
2012-12-17, 03:26 PM
Nope! I was, but ran away :smalltongue:

Right now, I'm just observing........Waiting for that shank in the back

Monodominant
2012-12-17, 04:02 PM
The person I am interrogating is about to die.

I managed to roll a 3 on my intimidate for a total of 18 so he doesnt realise I really do mean to make my threats reality if he doesnt talk...

Rizban
2012-12-18, 02:06 PM
Sorry about not posting updates the past couple of days. I've been on the road for work again and was too exhausted to post anything intelligible once I got home. Doing updates now.

Halae
2012-12-18, 02:10 PM
No worries. We all know you do stuff on the weekends, and it's not like this is exactly a low-brainpower game for you.

Slii Arhem
2012-12-18, 02:12 PM
While we're apologizing, sorry for likewise not posting anywhere. With the hols coming up I've been more and more busy, and I've only got four days to prepare before I'm cut off from the internet more or less entirely until the new year. Hopefully I can start posting fresh after that, but be sure to let me know if you wish me to post especially Rizban, and I'll see what I can do in between wrapping and packing before I have to go. Otherwise, feel free to call this a break from having to GM for me. :smallsmile:

Rizban
2012-12-18, 02:30 PM
No problem. As long as I know you're going to be out, I won't drop your character for inactivity. Don't worry about posting too much if you can't. I'll just reply when it's my turn to post and wait for your reply when it comes. PBP means it's no big deal. :smalltongue:

Jeriah
2012-12-19, 07:54 PM
Wow, the chatter is significantly higher than I've ever seen. Wish I could be more active on the forums to take part.

planswalker
2012-12-20, 01:19 AM
@Everyone curious about the docks: Come at night, I dare you. I haven't killed me a pc there in far too long.

In case you didn't know: I am Planswalker, one of the DM's who helped run things back when AVB started. I've mostly gone inactive here, though my lvl 10 pc is still kicking around and I'm DM'ing 2 others. I await the day that someone is foolish enough to enter my docks at night, though. Besides Rizban, the only other two to survive a trip to the docks at night include a pc who is allied with the things that kill you there and a man who rode in on the back of a flying ghost-horse and offered them a deal.

Monodominant
2012-12-20, 03:01 AM
Oh and I am back on solid ground now...

Which means over the next couple of days I will be running a Docks community outreach to show people our good will and hospitality in the Docks. Dont believe the negative propaganda! Come to the Docks Tonight and win AMAZING Prizes!

Support your Friendly Local Docks!

*Offer is for limited time and unlimited number of people, come tonight to avoid dissappointment!

PS> And of course Hustler and some others will say this is a manipulative and vile ploy to take lives but you know what they say...

Haters gonna hate!

Shmee
2012-12-20, 05:12 AM
In case you didn't know: I am Planswalker, one of the DM's who helped run things back when AVB started. I've mostly gone inactive here, though my lvl 10 pc is still kicking around and I'm DM'ing 2 others. I await the day that someone is foolish enough to enter my docks at night, though. Besides Rizban, the only other two to survive a trip to the docks at night include a pc who is allied with the things that kill you there and a man who rode in on the back of a flying ghost-horse and offered them a deal.

Seems the Aldhaven Docks Tourist Board has gotten a boost in its funding. Well then, maybe you guys wouldn't mind subsidizing my business if I open it at the docks.

Also *waves at Plans & Mono*

Togath
2012-12-20, 05:42 AM
I've finally managed to escape the jail cell...now I just need to handle the guard who came to investigate(with luck, he won't be able to use some sort of invisibility purge like the ones who caught me did)

Monodominant
2012-12-20, 06:41 AM
An artistic depection of Ishmael inviting people to the docks. Notice the III to indicate his 3rd thread, 3 threads of being friendly and helping!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8499/8290033755_b53439f621.jpg

TheFallenOne
2012-12-20, 08:14 AM
I'm about to enter the docks. Permanently. Better than to be executed on the spot. Well, maybe.

Moranica
2012-12-20, 09:33 AM
Awesome poster!!!

And don't forget the sewers people!! We have a discount for gnomes at the moment. Like 40% off!

Aldurin
2012-12-20, 01:37 PM
I'm about to enter the docks. Permanently. Better than to be executed on the spot. Well, maybe.

Wait, they gave you banishment, too? After everything you did to those guards? Oh well, maybe you'll catch up to me and get caught in my problem lend a hand.

Kalirren
2012-12-20, 02:01 PM
Is it just me, or is "banishing" nooblings to the docks side of the fortress carry the same connotations as chumming the water?

TheFallenOne
2012-12-20, 03:28 PM
Wait, they gave you banishment, too? After everything you did to those guards? Oh well, maybe you'll catch up to me and get caught in my problem lend a hand.

Oh, it's night when they drop me. And I got a little extra to make sure I don't leave the place again.

Rizban
2012-12-20, 04:17 PM
The difference is that Aldurin can leave the Doks if he chooses.

TheFallenOne
2012-12-20, 04:23 PM
I can too! I just don't know how far I'll get before the puking starts.

Aldurin
2012-12-20, 04:24 PM
The difference is that Aldurin can leave the Doks if he chooses.

Yeah, that's a thing I should get to once my priorities are set straight.

Lokio
2012-12-21, 05:41 PM
include a pc who is allied with the things that kill you there and a man who rode in on the back of a flying ghost-horse and offered them a deal.

manly men, really, murderers and ghost horse-wranglers with the eye of the tiger

i miss you plans

planswalker
2012-12-21, 06:00 PM
Well, the docks at night have claimed another. He survived the surprise round but didn't manage to win initiative.

Moranica
2012-12-21, 06:02 PM
Really people, just hire 8 commoners as living shield and carry a tower shield over your head.

Aldurin
2012-12-21, 06:10 PM
Well, the docks at night have claimed another. He survived the surprise round but didn't manage to win initiative.

Whelp, it was nice briefly knowing TheFallenOne's character. I just need to get out of the docks before the sun sets from my perspective.

bobthe6th
2012-12-21, 06:12 PM
no, you hire 27 commoners to form three 3x3 squares and disguise the center of each as yourself. The sneak around on roof tops and while the three squads take different routes.

Aldurin
2012-12-21, 06:14 PM
no, you hire 27 commoners to form three 3x3 squares and disguise the center of each as yourself. The sneak around on roof tops and while the three squads take different routes.

But how do you justify that IC? You either have to have someone so paranoid that they wouldn't go outside in the first place, or you travel like that in every section of the city.