PDA

View Full Version : Lets finish the Ultimate Tarrasque

toapat
2012-10-18, 04:14 PM
Foreward: Originally from this topic (http://alt.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255829), I had compiled a batch of templates that granted a vast amount of power to the Tarrasque. The base creature here has all of the templates from the final iteration of the list applied.

Tarrasque, Truth of Futility
Size/Type: Colossal Dragon (augmented, Native, Extraplanar, Earth)
Hit Dice: 48d10 + 2496 (2976 hp)
Inititive: +21
Speed: 180 ft. Land (36 squares), Burrow 90 ft. (18 squares), Fly 360 ft. (72 Squares) (Good)
Armor Class: 94 AC (10-8 (size)+21 (dex mod)+12 (luck)+12 (insight)+47 (natural armor)) 47 Touch, 73 flat footed.
Base Attack/Grapple: +48/+119
Attack: Bite +131 (4d8+71, 18-20*3)
Full Attack: Bite +131 (4d8+71, 18-20*3) + 2 horns +126 (2d6+45)+ 2 claws +126 (3d6+45) + 2 tentacles +126 (3d6+45) + slam +126 (4d6+45) + tail slap +126 (3d8+45)
Space/Reach: 30 ft./20 ft.
Special Attacks: Augmented critical, Constant Insight, Breath Weapon, Earth Strike, frightful presence, improved grab, Poison, Rotting Constriction, rush, smite evil, spell like abilities, swallow whole
Special Qualities: Alternate Form, Blindsight 60, Carapace, damage reduction 15/epic and 8/Adamantine, darkvision 60, Evasion, fast healing 20, Haste, immunity to acid, fire, poison, disease, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, sleep, paralysis, stunning, polymorph, and mind affecting, low-light Vision, regeneration 40, Resistance to electricity 70, scent, shadowblend, spell resistance 240, tremorsense
Saves: Fort: 79 Reflex: 60 Will: 57
Abilities: STR: 112, DEX: 53, CON: 90, INT: 22 WIS: 47, CHA: 43
Feats: Spellfire Wielder, Sacred Vow, Vow of Poverty, Two Weapon Fighting, WF: Light Mace, Combat Reflexes, Lightning Mace, Shape Soulmeld (Sphinx Claws), Open Least Chakra (Hands), Improved Critical (Bite), Power Attack, Cleave, Combat Reflexes
Skills:
Magic Items: Tattoo of Aptitude Weapons

Environment: The Darkest corner of the the universe, waiting, watching.
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 62
Treasure: Your Lives
Alignment: Lawful Good
Advancement: N/A

The Tarrasque. The Final creation. Behold thy might, and despair.

Special Attacks:

Augmented critical (Ex): The tarrasque’s bite threatens a critical hit on a natural attack roll of 18–20, dealing triple damage on a successful critical hit.
Constant Insight (Su): The tarrasque makes all attacks with a +15 insight bonus, a +10 insight bonus to saving throws, and +12 insight bonus to AC. The Tarrasque's Augmented Critical receives a +13 insight bonus to critical threat range.
Breath Weapon (Su): Once per day, the Tarrasque may breathe a cone of the silver flames of the platnium dragon. Creatures struck by this cone may be dealt or healed 19d8 Holy damage. DC 74 (10+24+40)
Earth Strike (Ex): Once per day, the Tarrasque can make an exceptionally vicious attack against any foe that stands on stone or earth. The Tarrasque adds his Constitution bonus + 13 to his attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per racial Hit Die.
Frightful presence (Su): The tarrasque can inspire terror by charging or attacking. Affected creatures must succeed on a DC 63 Will save or become shaken, remaining in that condition as long as they remain with 60 feet of the tarrasque.
Improved grab (Ex): To use this ability, the tarrasque must hit a Huge or smaller opponent with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can try to swallow the foe the following round.
Luck (Ex): The Tarrasque gains a +25 luck bonus to attack rolls, and +20 luck bonus to damage rolls. Additionally he gains a +12 luck bonus to AC.
Poison (Ex): The tarrasque delivers its poison with each successful bite attack. A target that succeeds at a DC 74 Fortitude save does not take poison damage from that particular attack. The initial and secondary damage is the same: 1d6+13 points of Strength damage.
Rotting Constriction (Su): Once the Tarrasque has hold of an opponent, each successful grapple check he makes during subsequent rounds permanently drains 15d4 points of Consitution. At the same time, the tarrasque regains 10 lost hit points.
Rush (Ex): Once per minute, the tarrasque can charge at a speed of 1350 feet.
Smite Evil (Su): Once per day the tarrasque can make a normal melee attack to deal +33 damage against an evil foe.
Swallow whole (Ex): The tarrasque can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of Huge or smaller size by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes 2d8+8 points of crushing damage plus 2d8+6 points of acid damage per round from the tarrasque’s digestive juices. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 50 points of damage to the tarrasque’s digestive tract (AC 38). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. The tarrasque’s gullet can hold 2 Huge, 8 Large, 32 Medium, 128 Small, or 512 Tiny or smaller creatures.

Special Qualities:

The Tarrasque does not need to eat. He does not sleep or breathe. The Tarrasque does not suffer from Critical Hits.

Alternate Form (Su): At will, the Tarrasque can take the form of a grotesque, tentacled mass. He looses all Non-tentacle natural attacks, but gains 12 Tentacle rakes. He may make two attacks with each tentacle per round in this form.
Carapace (Ex): The tarrasque’s armorlike carapace is exceptionally tough and highly reflective, deflecting all rays, lines, cones, and even magic missile spells. There is a 30% chance of reflecting any such effect back at the caster; otherwise, it is merely negated. Check for reflection before rolling to overcome the creature’s spell resistance.
Evasion (Ex): As the rogue ability
Haste (Su): The Tarrasque is supernaturally quick. It can rake an extra partial action each round, as if affected by a haste spell.
Shadowblend (Su): In any conditions other than full daylight, the Tarrasque can disappear into the shadows, giving him total concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual flame spell, does not negate this ability, but a daylight spell will.

Fast healing 20 and Regeneration 40: The Tarrasque regains 60 HP each round, and can not be slain by any normal means. He must be lowered to -30 hp or below, and then a wish or miracle spell must be used for him to remain dead.
Perceptions:Blindsight 60, darkvision 60, low-light vision, scent, and tremorsense
Immunities:Immunity to acid, fire, poison, disease, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, sleep, paralysis, stunning, polymorph, and mind affecting: Effects which have these properties have no effect on the Tarrasque

Resistances:Damage reduction 15/epic and 8/Adamantine: All damage dealt by Non-epic, non-Adamantine weapons are reduced in effectiveness against the Tarrasque
Resistance to electricity 70 and Cold 15
Spell resistance 240

Spell Like abilties: All DCs: 50
greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility: CL= 15
blur at will, dimension door, shield, unhallow. Cl: 35. CL HD+15 otherwise

At Will: blur, dimension door, entangle, pass without trace, shield, speak with plants, and unhallow
3/day: blink, blur, ethereal jaunt, greater dispel magic, haste, holy aura, protection from evil, and see invisibility
1/day: aid, cure serious wounds, dispel evil, greater invisibility, hallow, holy smite, holy word, mass charm monster, neutralize poison, remove disease, Resurrection, scintillating pattern, stinking cloud, Summon monster IX (celestials only), Summon monster IX (pseudonaturals only), telekinesis, touch of idiocy, and wall of thorns

Edit: Derp, hit the submit button accedentally, still filling this out

Sugestions for Skills (8+Int skill points) and Feats being accepted

Snowbluff
2012-10-18, 04:16 PM
Give it some Soulmelds and Binding via feats!

toapat
2012-10-18, 04:18 PM
Give it some Soulmelds and Binding via feats!

lol, im still building out the template (which is a huge one, it has 9 separate templates applied).

Obviously we are getting Lightning Maces, A Tattoo of Aptitude, and the Sphinx Claws Soul Meld.

Snowbluff
2012-10-18, 04:21 PM
lol, im still building out the template (which is a huge one, it has 9 separate templates applied).

Obviously we are getting Lightning Maces, A Tattoo of Aptitude, and the Sphinx Claws Soul Meld.

Tattoo of Aptitude? I am assuming that works like an Aptitude Necklace 'o Natural Attacks. Where may I find this?

Also, Willing Deformity: Tall, Deepspawn, and Extend Reach!

toapat
2012-10-18, 04:25 PM
Tattoo of Aptitude? I am assuming that works like an Aptitude Necklace 'o Natural Attacks. Where may I find this?

Also, Willing Deformity: Tall, Deepspawn, and Extend Reach!

We have reach weapons already from Half-Farspawn, they are also Tentacles.

Also, we are going with Exaulted Feats (Vow of Poverty specifically), not Vile feats.

also, good question, its veen sugested in a number of places, and considering how little attention was given to the wording, it makes everything the Tarrasque has as Deadly as his bite and more dangerous then his 7 tentacle alternate form

MidgetMarine
2012-10-18, 04:43 PM
Why?!?! Oh god, what have you done?!! Stop while you still can! Hide this in a bag of holding and throw it into a portable hole to ensure my DM never finds it.

Amidus Drexel
2012-10-18, 04:52 PM
Why?!?! Oh god, what have you done?!! Stop while you still can! Hide this in a bag of holding and throw it into a portable hole to ensure my DM never finds it.

Madness. I'm showing this to my DM as soon as it's finished! :smallbiggrin:

toapat
2012-10-18, 04:54 PM

Enjoy trying to hit it with the Thermonuclear arrow, he has an AC in the 80s

Spuddles
2012-10-18, 05:04 PM
More CR than HD. Hit it with word of chaos or blasphemy, bye-bye big guy.

What's its flat footed touch AC? I am guessing only in the 30s?

Make sure spot, listen, sense motive are all very high.

Snowbluff
2012-10-18, 05:05 PM
More CR than HD. Hit it with word of chaos or blasphemy, bye-bye big guy.

What's its flat footed touch AC? I am guessing only in the 30s?

Make sure spot, listen, sense motive are all very high.

Balance and Tumble as well.

toapat
2012-10-18, 05:12 PM
What's its flat footed touch AC?

over 50, this guy is no chump. His prefered Enterance is via Colony Drop

oh, and he has SR= 5xHD. Nothing with a Spell Resistance check will make him flinch

Xervous
2012-10-18, 05:30 PM
adding anything for immunity to force damage? Orbs will still get through

toapat
2012-10-18, 05:33 PM

actually, i took that out. Reflective Hide would make him fully unkillable

Amidus Drexel
2012-10-18, 05:34 PM

I think AC 80 or so will weed out most of those. There'll always be a high-op caster that can get a few through, though.

VanIsleKnight
2012-10-18, 05:36 PM
Just huck a Sphere of Annihilation at him. See what happens.

Snowbluff
2012-10-18, 05:45 PM
Just huck a Sphere of Annihilation at him. See what happens.

The Sphere isn't that big, and Big T has Regeneration.

toapat
2012-10-18, 05:59 PM
SLAs compiled.

down to his attack chain and AC

rweird
2012-10-18, 06:14 PM
What are the templates you applied to the Tarrasque? I know it should be an outsider, not a dragon if you take the order of templates from Savage Species to be accurate, and doesn't Psuedonatural makes the creature evil, while Half Celestial requires it to be not evil.

Heliomance
2012-10-18, 06:18 PM
Making the Tarrasque Lawful Good seems a bit pointless to me - it's not going to rampage if it's good aligned. The Tarrasque's alignment should be Neutral Hungry.

Xervous
2012-10-18, 06:20 PM
So you are leaving out immunity to death effects?

Of course those aren't likely to work without any amount of cheese, which is obviously necessary to stop your creation.

toapat
2012-10-18, 06:20 PM
What are the templates you applied to the Tarrasque? I know it should be an outsider, not a dragon if you take the order of templates from Savage Species to be accurate, and doesn't Psuedonatural makes the creature evil, while Half Celestial requires it to be not evil.

two good templates vs 1 evil

edit: Also, Dragon is at the same tier as Celestial.

edit edit: Also, its my third to last post in the topic listed in the foreword

Of course those aren't likely to work without any amount of cheese, which is obviously necessary to stop your creation.

If you roll 3 natural 1s in a row, even if you arent using critical fumble rules, you still should die

Spuddles
2012-10-18, 06:34 PM

Do epic levels count as cheese? Because a level 40 party shouldn't have much trouble with this guy, despite having a CR of 60+. His AC and saves are actually amusingly low given his listed CR.

I mean I can get an ECL13 character close to those saves and AC, and at ECL 20 have full casting, maybe even double 9s. That involves much cheese, but doesn't use any arbitrary loops like circle magic.

limejuicepowder
2012-10-18, 06:38 PM
I second the alignment thing: Tarrasque should not be lawful good, for a couple of reasons.
1) If he's lawful good, he won't rampage.
2) I always think of the Tarrasque as having animalistic intelligence, giving him the neutral alignment automatically. This should trump any templates, IMO.

Is there a reason besides the templates you added that he is lawful good?

toapat
2012-10-18, 06:40 PM
I second the alignment thing: Tarrasque should not be lawful good, for a couple of reasons.
2) I always think of the Tarrasque as having animalistic intelligence, giving him the neutral alignment automatically. This should trump any templates, IMO.

Vow of Poverty to give him True Seeing.

besides that, this Tarrasque has a 22 int

also: Chaotics Rampage, Lawfuls devastate. in Alternate form he has 28 Tentacle attacks

toapat
2012-10-18, 07:02 PM
finished getting his statblock together

Edit: Still no actual feat or stat distribution though

Xervous
2012-10-18, 08:16 PM
Changing his alignment to neutral would be a beneficial change, however minor, removing his vulnerability to a massive CL Blasphemy or the like.

also @ Heliomance, <3 neutral hungry, so nice to see other people who find it amusing.

legomaster00156
2012-10-18, 08:20 PM
Alignment: Lawful Good? How can this monstrosity be anything but a benefit to creation?

toapat
2012-10-18, 09:54 PM
Changing his alignment to neutral would be a beneficial change, however minor, removing his vulnerability to a massive CL Blasphemy or the like.

also @ Heliomance, <3 neutral hungry, so nice to see other people who find it amusing.

i find anything that can consistantly be considered powerful enough to break through Chobham Spell resistance to be to of the question: Why are you playing a character with that kind of power? you have already well exceeded the point of Multiple Great Wyrm time dragons per encounter

yes, Neutral Hungry is a great alignment name.

This is one of the points where "What we view as good" and "What the universe views as good" should be different. The Tarrasque may be the ultimate being of Law and Good, but he could be so to the point that he views everything else on the material plane as evil.

TuggyNE
2012-10-18, 09:58 PM

The alignments (and VoP) are the main reasons, but playing angel's advocate here for a bit: the T-ster actually has Int 3, which is more than animal levels and technically enough to take PC classes.

Of course, an LG Tarrasque won't rampage, but might still have its own agenda, so it's not impossible to fit this into even a more heroic campaign; an evil campaign should be a perfect fit! :smalltongue:

Slipperychicken
2012-10-18, 10:05 PM
Treasure: Your Lives

This made my day. Thank you.

toapat
2012-10-18, 10:09 PM
The alignments (and VoP) are the main reasons, but playing angel's advocate here for a bit: the T-ster actually has Int 3, which is more than animal levels and technically enough to take PC classes.

Of course, an LG Tarrasque won't rampage, but might still have its own agenda, so it's not impossible to fit this into even a more heroic campaign; an evil campaign should be a perfect fit! :smalltongue:

My original explaination was that He is Lawful, and He is good, but he is nothing we would ever call either of those. I think actually we could fit rampaging in to his actions too: He isnt really rampaging, he is doing it systematically, to patterns that no mortal could understand

and of course, Vow of Poverty after getting a Tattoo of Aptitude covers nearly all of his problems, like not being uber enough.

legomaster00156
2012-10-18, 10:34 PM
I think causing heedless death and destruction does not fit into any version of "good", much less D&D's objective version.

Slipperychicken
2012-10-18, 11:13 PM
He isnt really rampaging, he is doing it systematically,

Systematic = Good? Several genocides would like a word with you.:smallannoyed:

EDIT: Almost every large-scale human rights abuse in history would also like a word with you.

to patterns that no mortal could understand

Half the Elder Evils, the Illithids, and maybe some Far Realm denizens would like a word with you :smalltongue:

TuggyNE
2012-10-18, 11:18 PM
My original explaination was that He is Lawful, and He is good, but he is nothing we would ever call either of those. I think actually we could fit rampaging in to his actions too: He isnt really rampaging, he is doing it systematically, to patterns that no mortal could understand

That's an entirely adequate explanation for the Lawful Component.

Unfortunately, it's almost completely unsuited to Exalted Good. Something has to give: either the traditional "near-mindless monster of ultimate destruction" depiction is no longer desired, or he can't be Exalted Good (or even Good, very likely). A glimmering of this essential dichotomy is why I was rather reluctant to change his alignment in the previous thread (desiring a drop-in replacement for the usual Tarrasque, rather than a "re-imagined" version).

toapat
2012-10-18, 11:25 PM
Systematic = Good? Several genocides would like a word with you.:smallannoyed:

EDIT: Almost every large-scale human rights abuse in history would also like a word with you.

Half the Elder Evils, the Illithids, and maybe some Far Realm denizens would like a word with you :smalltongue:

no, He has reasons, and they fall within what DnD defines as good (but no sane person would define as good)

I said mortals.

ok, i got all the awesome stuff down that i could think of (Lightning mace borkedness, Vow of Poverty, Shape Soulmeld (Sphinx claws) (which we dont need Essentia for Pounce from))). that was 7 feats.

Slipperychicken
2012-10-19, 12:05 AM
no, He has reasons, and they fall within what DnD defines as good (but no sane person would define as good)

What are these reasons, exactly?

Regardless, to continue qualifying for [Exalted] feats, he'll need an Atonement spell... approximately every five seconds.

BoED Exalted Feats
A character must have the DM’s permission to take an
exalted feat. In many cases, a ritual must be performed; often
this simply amounts to a character swearing a sacred vow, for
example, in the presence of a celestial being. A character who
willingly and willfully commits an evil act loses all benefits
from all his exalted feats. She regains these benefits if she
atones for her violations (see Sin and Atonement in Chapter 1).

BoED, Ends and Means
In the D&D universe, the fundamental
answer is no, an evil act is an evil act
no matter what good result it may
achieve. A paladin who knowingly
commits an evil act in pursuit of any
end no matter how good still jeopardizes
her paladinhood. Any exalted
character risks losing exalted feats or
other benefits of celestial favor if he commits
any act of evil for any reason. Whether
or not good ends can justify evil means, they certainly
cannot make evil means any less evil.

EDIT: Here's my list of Evil Acts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13484087#post13484087). If nothing else, Big T will almost certainly hit "Bringing Despair" (guy even has a Frightful Presence DC).

toapat
2012-10-19, 12:11 AM
What are these reasons, exactly?

Regardless, to continue qualifying for [Exalted] feats, he'll need an Atonement spell... approximately every five seconds.

His task is to Reoriginate the Material planes.

that primarily involves Accelerating the total collapse of said planes.

asto feats: I misscounted, we have between 9-18 feats remaining, depending on where we decide Vow of Poverty sits.

Slipperychicken
2012-10-19, 12:25 AM
His task is to Reoriginate the Material planes.

that primarily involves Accelerating the total collapse of said planes.

So he's a one-man apocalypse cult. Those are practically the definition of Evil.

If we can safely label the destruction of the Material Planes as a "nefarious purpose" (it's not exactly a stretch), every killing he does is is Murder according to the BoVD, and thus an evil act.

As Belkar once said: "Welcome to the deep end of the alignment pool" :belkar:

toapat
2012-10-19, 12:29 AM
So he's a one-man apocalypse cult. Those are practically the definition of Evil.

If we can safely label the destruction of the Material Planes as a "nefarious purpose" (it's not exactly a stretch), every killing he does is is Murder according to the BoVD, and thus an evil act.

As Belkar once said: "Welcome to the deep end of the alignment pool, bub" :belkar:

Im more generalize the term, Re-Origination is from the Ulduar raid of WoW, where you have to stop the Titan's messanger from sending the "Come back here and fix this place". Re-Origination itself would kill all life on the planet, excluding the 3 remaining old gods. On the other hand, Azeroth is itself in a massive nexus of mystic energies.

The Tarrasque is to Destroy the World so it can be made a better place

TuggyNE
2012-10-19, 12:51 AM
Im more generalize the term, Re-Origination is from the Ulduar raid of WoW, where you have to stop the Titan's messanger from sending the "Come back here and fix this place". Re-Origination itself would kill all life on the planet, excluding the 3 remaining old gods. On the other hand, Azeroth is itself in a massive nexus of mystic energies.

That's ... awesome? It's also neither a) Exalted Good* nor b) the original idea of the tarrasque, which has more to do with a recurring plague or natural disaster, targeted primarily at civilization.

*Because, you will note, killing all Good creatures indiscriminately is pretty undeniably Evil.

So I think this should take a different name and identity, since it's no longer really the same creature concept any more.

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-10-19, 12:57 AM
Intimidate to Demoralize is not Mind Affecting, even though it is a Fear Effect. Which means I can still lock it down (although not kill it) fairly easily.

Mailman could take it down. Orb of Fire + bunch of metamagics + Searing Spell to bypass fire immunity = burned down Ultimate Tarrasque.

Other than that... looks at least fairly intimidating for your typical Level 20 party. Mind you, the CR 62 means it should easily curbstomp said level 20 party. Carapace doesn't affect Orb of Fire either, it only affects Ray, Line, Cone, and Magic Missile.

Maybe a Dashing Duo? One Takahashi no Onisan who charges bravely, one might even say suicidally, then makes a roar of his own, cowering the beast and negating it as a threat. The Mailman behind him blows it up and uses the Wish spell to get rid of it entirely.

Sure, it's kind of like an Angel Summoner and BMX Bandit... until you realize that the Lockdown is the only thing keeping them both from getting curbstomped.

Eldan
2012-10-19, 04:51 AM
If you want to give him Vow of Poverty, find some way to emulate good alignment? Or take one of the many, many homebrew ones?

Apart from all that, I like where this is going. This sounds like the sort of creature that would get imprisoned in Carceri with the titans or Elysium with Mother Hydra and the other original monsters.

Heliomance
2012-10-19, 05:16 AM
I really don't like the fluff of giving it Vow of Poverty. That implies that a lack of wealth is a deliberate choice, that you choose to go without worldly possessions that others might have your share. Not that you're a monster and have no need of puny mortal goods. It just doesn't fit.

toapat
2012-10-19, 09:11 AM
That's ... awesome? It's also neither a) Exalted Good* nor b) the original idea of the tarrasque, which has more to do with a recurring plague or natural disaster, targeted primarily at civilization.

*Because, you will note, killing all Good creatures indiscriminately is pretty undeniably Evil.

So I think this should take a different name and identity, since it's no longer really the same creature concept any more.

[Off topic] The Titans of Warcraft lore when they encountered Azeroth for the first time, discovered the Old gods, beings of immense power and evil, who had been warring against eachother and the Planar Elemental lords.

This encounter taught them that there is more then just Azeroth in the universe, and they fought a loosing war against the titans. The titans win, and shape Azeroth into a prison warded by Iron Dwarves, clockwork Inventor Gnomes, Steel Goliaths, and 5 dragon species. The Old gods curse the Dwarves, Gnomes, Goliaths, and a small number of titans so that they will become mortal and flesh.

Trolls, elves by extension, deep ones, and the insect races are also creations of the old gods, given free will. combined, all the native sentinent races of Azeroth were created by gods of evil in order to weaken said prison. They are no longer nieve about the universe, and they want out. Re-origination would reinforce the prison, and guard countless lives, but the Tear Drinker decides that leaving Azeroth in the hands of mortals is the decision he should make, because even though he cant risk the old gods getting out, and butchering all of creation (which each alone is able to do), he is taught through force of arms, that it is not time for the Final Solution.[/off topic]

Function and flavor can be worked together, you just need to know how.

Also, Vow of Poverty is because he is an immensely powerful beast, part of the rules are no-homebrew

Slipperychicken
2012-10-19, 10:07 AM

It changes nothing. He's committing countless unforgivable genocides, slaughtering so many innocent people, ending so many lives needlessly, making so many widows and orphans... It's Evil.

"Just following orders" is not a justification, it's an excuse. And a bad one at that.

"My religion says it's OK" is not a justification, either. That one even has precedence with the apocalypse-cults I mentioned earlier. That never makes it right, and especially not Good by D&D standards.

"I think it'll make the world a better place"... Again, take half of the real-world atrocities ever committed, and you'll find everyone and his grandma uses this excuse.

toapat
2012-10-19, 10:29 AM
It changes nothing. He's committing countless unforgivable genocides, slaughtering so many innocent people, ending so many lives needlessly, making so many widows and orphans... It's Evil.

"Just following orders" is not a justification, it's an excuse. And a bad one at that.

"My religion says it's OK" is not a justification, either. That one even has precedence with the apocalypse-cults I mentioned earlier. That never makes it right, and especially not Good by D&D standards.

"I think it'll make the world a better place"... Again, take half of the real-world atrocities ever committed, and you'll find everyone and his grandma uses this excuse.

Except now you are applying real world morality to a thought excersize of making the most dangerous tarrasque possible.

and not only that, but the settings which do have the Tarrasque, Really would be rebuilt as better worlds after the plane is destroyed, because that is what the gods do when they are not just throwing lightning at people for percieved and contrived slights.

danzibr
2012-10-19, 11:10 AM
I actually like the ultimate Big T being a force of good. Perhaps we should make a vile counterpart and see who wins.

toapat
2012-10-19, 11:19 AM
I actually like the ultimate Big T being a force of good. Perhaps we should make a vile counterpart and see who wins.

i was considering that, but are the willing deformitys not vastly inferior to Vow of Poverty?

if there is a Vow of Greed, then ya, ill make a mirror who got Half Fiend instead of Half Celestial. going to rape his fly speed though

danzibr
2012-10-19, 11:36 AM
i was considering that, but are the willing deformitys not vastly inferior to Vow of Poverty?

if there is a Vow of Greed, then ya, ill make a mirror who got Half Fiend instead of Half Celestial. going to rape his fly speed though
Well... I think the point is for them to be different.

toapat
2012-10-19, 02:58 PM
Well... I think the point is for them to be different.

that isnt so much a problem, its that Vow is providing coverage against some of his problems, such as no trueseeing and the inability to fight incorporal.

DR is of course completely irrelevant against him, he will still obliterate most people's HP pools without it

The Shadowmind
2012-10-19, 06:43 PM
that isnt so much a problem, its that Vow is providing coverage against some of his problems, such as no trueseeing and the inability to fight incorporal.

DR is of course completely irrelevant against him, he will still obliterate most people's HP pools without it

You can get the [Force] Property from Crystal Helm and True Seeing from Keeneye lenses soulmelds. For the Lenses the Open Soul Chakra[epic] is needed.

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-10-19, 08:56 PM
You can get the [Force] Property from Crystal Helm and True Seeing from Keeneye lenses soulmelds. For the Lenses the Open Soul Chakra[epic] is needed.

Well, considering how many HD he has, epic feats are not a major problem for him.

Threadnaught
2012-10-20, 10:48 AM
I like this idea, I have a Tarrasque who does the same thing. He is in fact the god of destruction and has destroyed countless incarnations of the material plane, and Hell, and Heaven, and the other planes. With only his own home plane surviving, as it is built from the pieces of the destroyed worlds and populated by most of those killed by him. The few who don't populate his plane are the oldest gods of the new world.

Think an Epic setting for Epic characters.

He is in no way good, and actually enjoys the fear he causes. Also, while his home plane survives the destruction he causes, he does not. After the birth of every new world, the power of the destroyer eventually gathers in a new vessel. The power and intent behind it is recognized by the destroyer, no memories from the older worlds are retained.

Madara
2012-10-20, 11:14 AM
Intimidate to Demoralize is not Mind Affecting, even though it is a Fear Effect. Which means I can still lock it down (although not kill it) fairly easily.

Mailman could take it down. Orb of Fire + bunch of metamagics + Searing Spell to bypass fire immunity = burned down Ultimate Tarrasque.

Other than that... looks at least fairly intimidating for your typical Level 20 party. Mind you, the CR 62 means it should easily curbstomp said level 20 party. Carapace doesn't affect Orb of Fire either, it only affects Ray, Line, Cone, and Magic Missile.

Maybe a Dashing Duo? One Takahashi no Onisan who charges bravely, one might even say suicidally, then makes a roar of his own, cowering the beast and negating it as a threat. The Mailman behind him blows it up and uses the Wish spell to get rid of it entirely.

Sure, it's kind of like an Angel Summoner and BMX Bandit... until you realize that the Lockdown is the only thing keeping them both from getting curbstomped.

And of course you beat me to the fear effects....

We could use a Cleric with the earth domain and crank his rebuking through the roof, since the Big T has the Earth Subtype. Are the skills intentionally left blank? Cause they could certainly be important. Taking a page from the indispensible Haversack, this Item would be useful, since nausiated is a wonderful debuff.

Ipecac
Price: 50 GP
Weight: --
(Expedition to Castle Ravenloft p. 209)
If you ever get swallowed by a creature, empty this into its stomach. The creature is forced to regurgitate you, and is nauseated for 1d4 rounds, no save. It can also be used to induce vomiting after ingesting a poison, giving a +5 untyped bonus to the secondary effect. Each vial contains 10 doses.
Craft (Alchemy) DC: 25

Otherwise falling object rules are very nice :smallbiggrin:

toapat
2012-10-20, 01:54 PM
Are the skills intentionally left blank?

the skills are open to people building them out.

without looking directly at the templates, i think he has a +18 to move silently

rb200563301
2012-10-20, 02:22 PM
So I have to ask...is this a Tarrasque...or Cthulhu

gooddragon1
2012-10-20, 02:57 PM
Sounds like a job for 'Cleric 20/Crusader 1' man.

Imbued Healing: Luck. All rolls of 1 are treated as 2.
Aura of Chaos: Whenever you receive a maximum amount on a melee damage dice roll again and add the the result of the roll.

Since it's generically treated as a 2 it can be counted as rolled a 2.

Roll again until you get a ... ? Infinite damage. With a 1d2 weapon.

Cleric gets in close after duplicated a limited wish with miracle:

Produce any other effect whose power level is in line with the above effects, such as a single creature automatically hitting on its next attack or taking a -7 penalty on its next saving throw.

You don't miss. Celerity to go first. All the damage comes in 1 attack (the damage is rerolled and added). His regeneration starts working on that infinite damage right away and will get done with it in Infinity/60 rounds. Well it would except miracle.

Madara
2012-10-20, 03:10 PM
Sounds like a job for 'Cleric 20/Crusader 1' man.

Imbued Healing: Luck. All rolls of 1 are treated as 2.
Aura of Chaos: Whenever you receive a maximum amount on a melee damage dice roll again and add the the result of the roll.

Since it's generically treated as a 2 it can be counted as rolled a 2.

Roll again until you get a ... ? Infinite damage. With a 1d2 weapon.

Cleric gets in close after duplicated a limited wish with miracle:

Produce any other effect whose power level is in line with the above effects, such as a single creature automatically hitting on its next attack or taking a -7 penalty on its next saving throw.

You don't miss. Celerity to go first. All the damage comes in 1 attack (the damage is rerolled and added). His regeneration starts working on that infinite damage right away and will get done with it in Infinity/60 rounds. Well it would except miracle.

Does that still work around the DR? I thought it'll block the individual damage. You'll need Epic stuff and Adamantine, but otherwise your plan works.

Amechra
2012-10-20, 04:26 PM
By the way, the Epic Level Handbook's Pseudonatural template, as a 3.0 template, was updated in Complete Arcane.

Yes, if you want it to be rules-legal, you have to use the newer version.

toapat
2012-10-20, 05:06 PM
By the way, the Epic Level Handbook's Pseudonatural template, as a 3.0 template, was updated in Complete Arcane.

Its an update in name only, and has the same problems as the Celestial/Fiendish vs Half Celestial/Fiendish templates, in that the pure creature is weaker then the halfbreed.

also, the Original pseudonatural is Instant Epic, just add Hitdice, as opposed to something to emulate Cthulhu.

His regeneration starts working on that infinite damage right away and will get done with it in Infinity/60 rounds. Well it would except miracle.

nope, doesnt work. 1d2 infinite crusader can only drop an enemy to their minimum HP. for the Tarrasque, that is -30. That is 1 round of dead.

oh, and Wish and Miracle have Spell resistance

Starbuck_II
2012-10-20, 05:13 PM
How does he get a Breath weapon that work more than 1/day?
1/2 Dragon is 1/day by itself.

toapat
2012-10-20, 05:19 PM

I fixed that, but then went to a different window without posting the change

fixed now

Heliomance
2012-10-20, 07:09 PM

Actually, no, I'm pretty sure they are explicitly different templates. I think Pseudonatural got updated in the official ELH update document, too, and if memory serves, the Alienist PrC clarifies that its benefits only apply to creatures with the CA Pseudonatural template, not the ELH one.

rweird
2012-10-20, 07:52 PM
nope, doesnt work. 1d2 infinite crusader can only drop an enemy to their minimum HP. for the Tarrasque, that is -30. That is 1 round of dead.

oh, and Wish and Miracle have Spell resistance

Do you have a source for the can't reduce the Tarrasque below -30? From what I can tell about non-lethal damage from the SRD, it makes no mention that you can't reduce someone to -∞ health from non-lethal damage. I agree with regular damage, though not non-lethal damage.

Also, from what I can tell, Wish and Miracle don't allow SR unless they duplicate a spell that does seeing as it says "SR: See Below" and makes no mention of anything allowing SR, so I presume it only is if it duplicates a spell that allows SR.

Even if it only is one round of dead, the D2 crusader could take Multispell and DMM Quicken, so he uses DMM Quickened Miracle for limited wish to hit, charges, and uses DMM Quickened Miracle to keep it dead.

toapat
2012-10-20, 08:21 PM
Actually, no, I'm pretty sure they are explicitly different templates. I think Pseudonatural got updated in the official ELH update document, too, and if memory serves, the Alienist PrC clarifies that its benefits only apply to creatures with the CA Pseudonatural template, not the ELH one.

expecially considering the ELH template is in the SRD

Do you have a source for the can't reduce the Tarrasque below -30? From what I can tell about non-lethal damage from the SRD, it makes no mention that you can't reduce someone to -∞ health from non-lethal damage. I agree with regular damage, though not non-lethal damage.

Also, from what I can tell, Wish and Miracle don't allow SR unless they duplicate a spell that does seeing as it says "SR: See Below" and makes no mention of anything allowing SR, so I presume it only is if it duplicates a spell that allows SR.

Even if it only is one round of dead, the D2 crusader could take Multispell and DMM Quicken, so he uses DMM Quickened Miracle for limited wish to hit, charges, and uses DMM Quickened Miracle to keep it dead.

oh, non-lethal: That caps out at twice HP (at which point it becomes lethal), Lethal damage is standard as -10 or if specific overrides. because his regeneration specifically states that his minimum hp is -30, that is what the game considers his hard limit. the Non-functional Rules thread has how that works.

Miracle and Wish though have Spell Resistance no matter what. They do not have "See Text", they have "Yes"

TuggyNE
2012-10-21, 12:11 AM
oh, non-lethal: That caps out at twice HP (at which point it becomes lethal), Lethal damage is standard as -10 or if specific overrides. because his regeneration specifically states that his minimum hp is -30, that is what the game considers his hard limit. the Non-functional Rules thread has how that works.

There is no such non-lethal conversion. The closest thing is severe heat conditions, which (once you fall unconscious) start dealing lethal damage instead of nonlethal. In fact, the Dysfunctional Rules Collection specifically dealt with this misconception — not once, but twice.

toapat
2012-10-21, 12:39 AM
There is no such non-lethal conversion. The closest thing is severe heat conditions, which (once you fall unconscious) start dealing lethal damage instead of nonlethal. In fact, the Dysfunctional Rules Collection specifically dealt with this misconception — not once, but twice.

Specific beats Nonexistant though, so that actually applies to all non-lethal damage.

otherwise they would specify that you take Non-lethal (Heatstroke) damage.

TuggyNE
2012-10-21, 01:19 AM
Specific beats Nonexistant though, so that actually applies to all non-lethal damage.

No. The rules on non-lethal/lethal heat damage apply only and specifically to non-lethal damage from heat. There is no reason I know of to suppose they apply to anything else, and good reasons to suppose they don't.

Heat deals nonlethal damage that cannot be recovered until the character gets cooled off (reaches shade, survives until nightfall, gets doused in water, is targeted by endure elements, and so forth). Once rendered unconscious through the accumulation of nonlethal damage, the character begins to take lethal damage at the same rate.

There are three basic reasons it's illogical to apply this to all non-lethal damage. First, it's in a section that's talking specifically about heat exhaustion and heatstroke; second, it refers to a rate of (non-)lethal damage over time, rather than individual hits, as one expects in combat; third, it happens at unconsciousness, not after taking full HP +10 in non-lethal, nor double HP in non-lethal, or any other such houserule.

The last is why I would consider it such a bad idea to misapply this; converting non-lethal to lethal so soon just makes no sense.

(For the sake of completeness, I could reasonably support a houserule that turns non-lethal into lethal once enough builds up, but sticking it so soon is a lousy idea, and in any case houserules should be recognized as such, not considered RAW.)

Heliomance
2012-10-21, 04:15 AM
Also, if any such rule did exist, it would make beating the Tarrasque a lot easier. Regeneration does nothing to heal lethal damage, and once you're full up on lethal you're dead, whether or not you have regeneration or fast healing.

TuggyNE
2012-10-21, 04:46 AM
Also, if any such rule did exist, it would make beating the Tarrasque a lot easier. Regeneration does nothing to heal lethal damage, and once you're full up on lethal you're dead, whether or not you have regeneration or fast healing.

That also applies (if a bit less obnoxiously) to trolls and quite a number of other creatures. (No, you don't need fire to fight trolls, just knock them out quickly and keep punching them!)

Arcanist
2012-10-21, 05:23 AM

This can be remedied by taking the Dragon Breath feat (RoD), however imo it's not worth it... :smallsigh:

rweird
2012-10-21, 09:36 AM

Miracle and Wish though have Spell Resistance no matter what. They do not have "See Text", they have "Yes"

Oops, brain fart, though the non-lethal thing converting to lethal would mean that the D2 crusader could kill it because its lethal damage would reach -10, meaning it wouldn't be dead, though it couldn't do anything until it is healed (fast healing would work, though it couldn't heal all the non-lethal damage in one round), if it works that way, though it doesn't.

A Cleric 9/Crusader 1/RKV 10 could do it with Supernatural transformation, and miracle SLA w/ DMM heighten spel+extra spell slot to get a 17th level slot to get miracle at will SU, then you can use a bunch of swift actions to cast a bunch DMM quickened spells (DMM quickened miracle for limited wish, D2 the tarrasque, next round, SU miracle him to death).

Heliomance
2012-10-21, 09:54 AM
Oops, brain fart, though the non-lethal thing converting to lethal would mean that the D2 crusader could kill it because its lethal damage would reach -10, meaning it wouldn't be dead, though it couldn't do anything until it is healed, though Cleric 9/Crusader 1/RKV 10 could do it with Supernatural transformation, and miracle SLA w/ DMM heighten spel+extra spell slot to get a 17th level slot to get miracle at will SU, then you can use a bunch of swift actions to cast a bunch DMM quickened spells (DMM quickened miracle for limited wish, D2 the tarrasque, next round, SU miracle him to death).

Note that, as elaborated on above, toapat is wrong there. There is no cap to non-lethal damage, and it never converts to lethal.

rweird
2012-10-21, 09:59 AM
Note that, as elaborated on above, toapat is wrong there. There is no cap to non-lethal damage, and it never converts to lethal.

It works anyways. I didn't think non-lethal works the way toapat said it does either, though I decided to point out that the converting to lethal thing still won't save the tarrasque. I didn't divide it very well, editing now.

toapat
2012-10-21, 10:19 AM
Oops, brain fart, though the non-lethal thing converting to lethal would mean that the D2 crusader could kill it because its lethal damage would reach -10, meaning it wouldn't be dead, though it couldn't do anything until it is healed, though Cleric 9/Crusader 1/RKV 10 could do it with Supernatural transformation, and miracle SLA w/ DMM heighten spel+extra spell slot to get a 17th level slot to get miracle at will SU, then you can use a bunch of swift actions to cast a bunch DMM quickened spells (DMM quickened miracle for limited wish, D2 the tarrasque, next round, SU miracle him to death).

nope, Fast healing does eat (slowly) through non-lethal damage. while it takes him 4 times as long to heal through it, both lethal and non-lethal are only limited abusability.

and 1d2 crusader doesnt work. Luck Domain's bonus is a modified 2, not a rolled 2. if it had said Treat it for all intents and purposes that you had rolled a 2, then you would have the shuriken that strikes with the power of DaWizard at lvl 7

rweird
2012-10-21, 10:34 AM
nope, Fast healing does eat (slowly) through non-lethal damage. while it takes him 4 times as long to heal through it, both lethal and non-lethal are only limited abusability.

and 1d2 crusader doesnt work. Luck Domain's bonus is a modified 2, not a rolled 2. if it had said Treat it for all intents and purposes that you had rolled a 2, then you would have the shuriken that strikes with the power of DaWizard at lvl 7

I know fast healing heals it, though you only need 1 round for the miracle to kill it (if that). I guess you could use some other infinite damage thing (sanctum Miracle to duplicate a Twinned, Invisible Miracle (reduced via Arcane Thesis, Metamagic School Focus [Evocation], and something like dweomerkeeper's Cloak of Mysteries, to get a total of +0 metamagic adjustments) to duplicate Twinned, Invisible Miracle, etc till you do a bunch of damage (duplicate a million vortexes of teeth, also a few spells like Orb of Fire/Ice/Force or what ever) to do infinite or NI damage).

toapat
2012-10-21, 10:40 AM
I know fast healing heals it, though you only need 1 round for the miracle to kill it (if that). I guess you could use some other infinite damage thing (sanctum Miracle to duplicate a Twinned, Invisible Miracle (reduced via Arcane Thesis, Metamagic School Focus [Evocation], and something like dweomerkeeper's Cloak of Mysteries, to get a total of +0 metamagic adjustments) to duplicate Twinned, Invisible Miracle, etc till you do a bunch of damage (duplicate a million vortexes of teeth, also a few spells like Orb of Fire/Ice/Force or what ever) to do infinite or NI damage).

stop giving me reason to change him from have Su Haste to having Perma-Spell Turning

rweird
2012-10-21, 10:47 AM
stop giving me reason to change him from have Su Haste to having Perma-Spell Turning

Permanent spell Turning won't block SU abilities. Though Spell Turning is more powerful than haste, unless he has some spellcasting buddies that will buff him.

Snowbluff
2012-10-21, 12:35 PM

Spell Turning would only work on a spell that targets it. And would a perma-Spell Turning only turn 1d4+6 spell levels? Or like 1d4+6 per round? Either way I think a Twin Wish would overwhelm it anyway.

rweird
2012-10-21, 12:39 PM
Spell Turning would only work on a spell that targets it. And would a perma-Spell Turning only turn 1d4+6 spell levels? Or like 1d4+6 per round? Either way I think a Twin Wish would overwhelm it anyway.

Twinned Wish only counts as the level of the spell slot you used to cast it (I think), so while it would overwhelm it, it wouldn't overwhelm it by much.

toapat
2012-10-21, 12:43 PM

my irritation is i dont know of a way to get the Inherent R16 Salient Divine Ability

Also, i think its 1d4+6 Per round. The monster of Legend template is supposed to be "Instant Tarrasque, just add Mook"

Added Spellfire Wielder to feats. Because evil

Snowbluff
2012-10-21, 12:55 PM
Twinned Wish only counts as the level of the spell slot you used to cast it (I think), so while it would overwhelm it, it wouldn't overwhelm it by much.

Twin Wish would be 2 9th level spells when you cast it. Twin Spell just copies the spell apply the MM to.

rweird
2012-10-21, 04:50 PM
Twin Wish would be 2 9th level spells when you cast it. Twin Spell just copies the spell apply the MM to.

I suppose you're right.

toapat: What ability is it you want, save giving it DvR 16, I don't think there are ways to do it, though you might be able to get something with about the same effect.

EDIT: Why does he have Lightning Mace? He doesn't have any maces unless you want to give up natural attacks, and then, he'd be a monster walking around with two maces. Also, when do you plan on applying Paragon's +13 Insight Bonus to stuff (it is very open ended, I think that the aguement critical should get a +13 insight bonus to threat range, giving it a range of 6-20/x3, or to critical multiplier, making it 18-20/x16)

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-10-21, 04:56 PM
Half-Golem would work for Spell Immunity to have infinite SR vs the Wish spell, making it effectively immortal.

Also, I'm taking it as granted that no one wants to bother with the Ikea Tarrasque project?

rweird
2012-10-21, 04:58 PM
Half-Golem would work for Spell Immunity to have infinite SR vs the Wish spell, making it effectively immortal.

Also, I'm taking it as granted that no one wants to bother with the Ikea Tarrasque project?

What is the Ikea Tarrasque Project?

Eldan
2012-10-21, 05:00 PM
A project a while ago on the forum with the goal to build a creature immune to almost everything, mostly by stacking templates. And at the lowest possible level.

rweird
2012-10-21, 05:01 PM
A project a while ago on the forum with the goal to build a creature immune to almost everything, mostly by stacking templates. And at the lowest possible level.

So we have to beak Emerald Legion, or is this one based on applying templates to the Tarrasque?

toapat
2012-10-21, 05:14 PM
I suppose you're right.

toapat: What ability is it you want, save giving it DvR 16, I don't think there are ways to do it, though you might be able to get something with about the same effect.

EDIT: Why does he have Lightning Mace? He doesn't have any maces unless you want to give up natural attacks, and then, he'd be a monster walking around with two maces. Also, when do you plan on applying Paragon's +13 Insight Bonus to stuff (it is very open ended, I think that the aguement critical should get a +13 insight bonus to threat range, giving it a range of 6-20/x3, or to critical multiplier, making it 18-20/x16)

Paragon's +13 to attack is overridden by pseudonaturals +15 to attack.

because a Slotless magical item (tattoo) of Aptitude turns all his weapons into 18-20x3s and lightning maces causes any light mace you are wielding into 15% repeaters. then IC pushes it into 30% repeaters. All his weapons then qualify as light maces

Half Golem IMO is a copout.

Divine Rank 16 applies Maximize to all dice rolls you have, basically to get 10 levels of reflect all the time

Technically the way to get something invincible ASAP is to get Tarrasque Regen, as well as Immunity to Supernatural abilities, Golem Spell immunity, and Immunity to attribute damage

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-10-21, 05:26 PM
What is the Ikea Tarrasque Project?

This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101587).

Also, a Dewomerkeeper is still a threat, since they can cast spells as Su abilities. Things like Greymantle and Trait Removal can still hose the target, bypassing SR entirely.

rweird
2012-10-21, 06:01 PM
Paragon's +13 to attack is overridden by pseudonaturals +15 to attack.

because a Slotless magical item (tattoo) of Aptitude turns all his weapons into 18-20x3s and lightning maces causes any light mace you are wielding into 15% repeaters. then IC pushes it into 30% repeaters. All his weapons then qualify as light maces

Half Golem IMO is a copout.

Divine Rank 16 applies Maximize to all dice rolls you have, basically to get 10 levels of reflect all the time

Technically the way to get something invincible ASAP is to get Tarrasque Regen, as well as Immunity to Supernatural abilities, Golem Spell immunity, and Immunity to attribute damage

Special Attacks

A paragon creature’s special attacks, if any, all gain a +13 insight bonus, if applicable. The +13 insight bonus may only be applied to a given special ability once.

The ELH goes into more details about how it can be applied, mentioning it increasing save DC, or Duration as well, it only would be overridden if you choose to boost to hit, though you could boost ability damage from Rotting Constriction, or threat range or multiplier for Augment Critical (you probably should find a way to get the tarrasque keen weapons, or give it improved critical [Light Mace] to increase its threat range more). For SLAs you could increase CL further.

toapat
2012-10-21, 06:15 PM
The ELH goes into more details about how it can be applied, mentioning it increasing save DC, or Duration as well, it only would be overridden if you choose to boost to hit, though you could boost ability damage from Rotting Constriction, or threat range or multiplier for Augment Critical (you probably should find a way to get the tarrasque keen weapons, or give it improved critical [Light Mace] to increase its threat range more). For SLAs you could increase CL further.

we could give him IC: greatsword and it wouldnt matter. once you have Aptitude weapon on a tattoo, you dont need to keep a coherent organization for your choice of weapon feats.

That, is a great spot, thank you for giving me a way to improve his incredible power

rweird
2012-10-21, 06:31 PM
we could give him IC: greatsword and it wouldnt matter. once you have Aptitude weapon on a tattoo, you dont need to keep a coherent organization for your choice of weapon feats.

That, is a great spot, thank you for giving me a way to improve his incredible power

Yeah, how about IC [Fullblade], just because we can, unless you can get a way to make the weapons Keen without a feat.

toapat
2012-10-21, 07:07 PM
Yeah, how about IC [Fullblade], just because we can, unless you can get a way to make the weapons Keen without a feat.

Relying on homebrew beyond the tattoo is not something im going to consider. the Tattoo itself causes a huge problem with Vow of Poverty

Ulm11
2012-10-21, 07:48 PM
Wouldn't the true test of the new Tarrasque to see how it stacks up against all the abuses that come from epic play?

toapat
2012-10-21, 08:12 PM
Wouldn't the true test of the new Tarrasque to see how it stacks up against all the abuses that come from epic play?

no, not really

here is the problem. 10th level spells, which all have to be researched, are typically done using Chaingate techniques. This lets them destroy anything in the game short of the Time Dragon, which has Intensified timestop at will

Arcanist
2012-10-21, 08:23 PM
no, not really

here is the problem. 10th level spells, which all have to be researched, are typically done using Chaingate techniques. This lets them destroy anything in the game short of the Time Dragon, which has Intensified timestop at will

I prefer using FeanMerc's Epic Spell system (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136711) :smallbiggrin:

Ulm11
2012-10-21, 09:01 PM
no, not really

Fair enough. Now time for the really difficult question. What on earth does this Tarrasque actually look like?

toapat
2012-10-21, 09:14 PM
Fair enough. Now time for the really difficult question. What on earth does this Tarrasque actually look like?

coloration: Dark Iron, his entire body is somewhat Transparent. color is completely lost on him
Hide: Leaf-like granite Scales, a few vines come off his sides and underbelly
Eyes: glowing blue-white spheres in black caverns
Wings: Dragonic

"Before you stands a colossal dragon, Iron in color, somewhat transparent, and clearly of great and terrible might. what appear to be vines, or small tentacles hang sporadically from its sides and underbelly. Terror beyond possibility begins to fill you, as you begin to realize, it is the final hour."

toapat
2012-11-19, 01:10 PM
ok, i went and found Vorpal Tribble's CR calculator. He said this monster is CR 176, or 140 if you follow the pattern of hitdie values, not the limit. I have to say, damn

any other feat sugestions, i remembered to add power attack

Bugworlds
2014-04-01, 10:56 PM
So I stumbled into this, and I like it. But what is it? What is this finishing? (where can I get one?)

Some research into what a Tarrasque has shown me it may be the most destructive monster in DnD. Starting at CR 20 before all these wonderful things have been thrown onto it, and existing with the purpose to make other things break. Sounds like a fun challenge.

Has anyone used this in their campaign? I think I found an end-game (read: game ending) monster if I ever want to cut a campaign short...