PDA

View Full Version : X-crawl! (3.5/PF) (IC)

Morithias
2012-10-19, 02:09 PM
OOC is here. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258782

Chaper 1 - A shot at fame

The town of Yuidora is fairly small. It's not really a farming community or backwater town. It's just surrounded on all sides by bigger cities that people tend to work at and move to. It has your basic needs, a discount electronics store, a little league x-crawl arena that people train in then leave around the time they leave high school, a few restaurants. It's one of those towns you basically need to abandon if you want to make it big.

Of course that's due to everyone ignoring the place. Why get your singers from backwater towns when you can get 5 that are just as good from Starlight Shores just 30 minutes away in a car? That's what made it a shock for the few X-crawlers who were of the legal age to actually play when it was announced that a coach was looking to make a team from this area and this area alone. You approach the arena and...

Rizban
2012-10-19, 03:28 PM
You approach the arena and...
... promptly trip over his own feet.

"Woof! Why'd you do that? Don't get under my feet like that!"

Woof, Razade's faithful canine companion, sits looking at him from about 30 feet away obviously innocent of the accusation.

"Yipp yipp!"

Lifting himself into a sitting position, Razade dusts off his clothes.

"Now what was I doing again?"

RandomAction
2012-10-19, 05:42 PM
Paradox looks at the crowd that has gathered for the try-outs. With a small shake of his head, he walks over to the line that has formed at the front entrance. He reaches up to make sure his hood is up and that his glasses are in place.
While waiting, he watches the gnome somehow trip over his own feet and blame his dog on the action. A slight grin comes to his face as he walks over to the downed man. Once there, he extends a hand.

Are you alright? I saw what happened and I have to say be carefull around here. There are min gravel golems who just love to cause accidents like that.

Inwardly, Paradox curses himself when he notices that he forgot to wear his gloves again.

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-19, 06:20 PM
A frown creases Lisbet's forehead when she realizes her uncle is no longer right behind her. She turns around and groans inwardly.
"Oi, Uncle! Get on your feet, we're goon a be late for my big debut!" she yells. Although why you insist on coming with me to sign up instead of joining Mum and Dad and my brother in the arena to watch already I'll never know. Probably won't be able to find them before this is all over, then I'll have to go looking.

She watches a man help her uncle to his feet and walks back. "Thanks, uh" she says, not knowing his name despite it being a small town. She manages a save though, with "Uh-are you signing up for the X-Crawler team too?"

Morithias
2012-10-19, 07:20 PM
A woman walks up to the front of the crowd. She has tan skin, red hair, blue eyes, and an ample bust. Yet don't let her busom fool you, her muscles are firm and well toned, and it's clear this woman works out regularly. Her eyes burn with fiery ambition. The entire crowd goes silent and a few whispers break out.

"What in...what in the nine hells is SHE doing here?" One voice asks.

"It has to be a trick." Another replies, "she's got her own team already."

Joane Coaster the legendary coach and former X-crawler clears he throat and everyone goes silent. "I am surprised by such a turn out, but all the better to pick from. I have devised a key way to find the best of the best for my team. The first trial is....the drawing of lots."

A few people in the crowd stumble.

'Heh', she thinks. 'Little do they know that their spiritual energy fixes the lots they draw. This will narrow it down to sixteen. Then it's just a matter of finding the best four to six.'

"Excuse me." A girl in the audience asks. "If you're Joane Coaster what are you doing here?"

Joane laughs. "That will all be explained to the press later, I promise you I have my reasons, now draw your lots."

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-19, 09:04 PM
Lisbet's mouth drops open, and after shaking her head quickly to clear her head, she sprints to the front, pushing and shoving to be one of the first to draw lots.

It's gonna be me, she thinks, it's gonna be me.

Once she grabs hers, she holds it to her chest and mutters a short prayer to whichever gods might be listening for luck, before sneaking a quick peek.

Erik Vale
2012-10-19, 11:10 PM
Malk was smiling, and praying, to no one in particular, but you could probably convince him to become a priest if it would help him at this point. He never thought there would ever be a chance like this as he drew his lot.

'Let me do this' He thought, a little loudly to no one in particular, so some one might mentally hear it, like a whisper carried on a hot wind.

RandomAction
2012-10-19, 11:19 PM
Paradox waited until last to draw his lot. As he reached into the bag, his glasses flash a bit of the sunlight.

Holding his breath, he looks closer.......

Rizban
2012-10-20, 04:26 AM
Paradox looks at the crowd that has gathered for the try-outs. With a small shake of his head, he walks over to the line that has formed at the front entrance. He reaches up to make sure his hood is up and that his glasses are in place.
While waiting, he watches the gnome somehow trip over his own feet and blame his dog on the action. A slight grin comes to his face as he walks over to the downed man. Once there, he extends a hand.

Are you alright? I saw what happened and I have to say be carefull around here. There are min gravel golems who just love to cause accidents like that.

Inwardly, Paradox curses himself when he notices that he forgot to wear his gloves again.
A frown creases Lisbet's forehead when she realizes her uncle is no longer right behind her. She turns around and groans inwardly.
"Oi, Uncle! Get on your feet, we're goon a be late for my big debut!" she yells. Although why you insist on coming with me to sign up instead of joining Mum and Dad and my brother in the arena to watch already I'll never know. Probably won't be able to find them before this is all over, then I'll have to go looking.

She watches a man help her uncle to his feet and walks back. "Thanks, uh" she says, not knowing his name despite it being a small town. She manages a save though, with "Uh-are you signing up for the X-Crawler team too?"

Taking the man's hand, he stands up, rapidly shaking his hand the whole time.

"Great at meet 'cha! Here for the weekly Farmers' Market too, eh? Looks like it's a good one. So many people showed up. I do hope they don't run out of marmalade. Have you ever tried Mrs. Goode's homemade marmalade? It's great on toast and biscuits and pancakes and eggs and bacon and cheddar cheese and even fish! Marmalade and fish may sound weird, but it's actually really good. In fact, it's the national dish of Achinbackistan. Have you ever been there? I hear it's nice this time of year if you've got a good, steel umbrella to protect you from the pebble rain. How does it rain pebbles anyway? Perhaps some sort of thermal conveyance system drags them up into the stratosphere where prevailing trade winds carry them until they drop painfully on your head. I say your head, of course, because you're much taller, do you'll get wet, or, in this case, stoned, first. I'm so short, that I'm always the last to get wet when it rains, though I guess that also means that I'm the first to drown when it floods. Have you ever been in a flood? I hear that.."

He continues on for some time, not realizing that the man who helped him up has walked away. Eventually making hs way over to where lots ate being drawn, Razade grabs one.

"Hey, Woof, look! They're doing a raffle! I bet I win a free pig! Woo boy! Bacon tonight!"

vegetalss4
2012-10-20, 09:29 AM
Xiatan had been standing in the back of the crowd, avoiding people.
She wasn't one for huge crowds even if her cursed blood didn't turn most people against her. But this was her chance, her one chance to make something better for herself, to live up to her grandfathers legacy, and thus she came in spite of her misgivings.

When she heard that the first selection would be based on luck, her mind started racing. Why? perhaps trickery was involved, the coach having already chosen who she would take, with this just being a covert way of selecting them. But surely there would be easier ways of doing that.
Hmm. I have heard rumors that Joane was accused of just being lucky with Armageddon, perhaps by choosing a new team in part by their luck, she may be hoping to avoid the same fate, should she succeed again.
yeah that sounds likely.
Her conclusion reached Xiatan makes her way to the pot, drawing a lot as one of the last to do so.

Morithias
2012-10-20, 03:16 PM
Joane gives the command to open your lots. Almost everyone sighs sadly as only sixteen turned red from the spirit energy. Joane quickly gives a speech.

"I'm sorry for all those who did not win. However if you wish you may proceed into the arena to watch the next trial. Those still interested in joining X-crawl can take a card and contact my organization, who will be happy to help you find a team of your own."

She turns to the sixteen (including the PCs obviously) who are lined up in front of her. "Hmmm very nice...got some interesting looking ones. Proceed into the arena and wait inside the dressing rooms. The next trials will begin shortly, after of course, a basic medical check up with our healer Hannah. I'm sure you all know her."

Hannah was one of the Armageddon team. A kitsune healer. One who specializes in healing doesn't seem like something you would fear in X-crawl, but this woman could rain some mad death with special "sanctified spells". Hannah was key in Armageddon's final victory before retirement. The whole team, versus a Pit Fiend. To this day people still debate how insane the adventurer's guide must've been to approve such a fight. Gating in a devil second only to a duke of hell, what if it had gotten loose?

Joane smiles at all of you and walks into the arena talking on her cellphone, clearly arranging for the next trial.

vegetalss4
2012-10-20, 05:25 PM
Xiatan's stepped towards the arena, cautiously watching the others who was granted a chance for greatness.
It was strange they where clearly competition, but at the same time they might be her future teammates, perhaps even friends should she be lucky.
Still there was no use worrying over much yet, for now she would concentrate on proving herself.

Rizban
2012-10-20, 06:07 PM
Razade follows Lisbet when she moves toward the arena.

"Hey! I think I won. Oh! You won too! I'm not sharing my pig. I'll do ya parchment, rock, shears for Piggy Sue."

He slams his fist into his open palm a couple times then holds up two fingers expectantly.

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-20, 06:29 PM
Lisbet turns to her uncle, absentmindedly revealing her choice of hand before something clicks in her head.

"What do you mean, you won?"

She hopes he doesn't mean what she thinks he means.

Parchment, Rock, Shears result:
1=Parchment
2=Rock
3=Shears

[roll0]

RandomAction
2012-10-20, 08:23 PM
The half-drow watches the two gnomes duel in thier battle of hand gestures with a slight grin on his face. As they finish, he removes his gloves from his belt and places them on his hands before following the crowd into the arena and then to the locker rooms.
The smell of old sweat and various other scents assault his nose as he passes through the double metal doors. A slight shudder runs down his spine as he walks over to one of the lockers.

Number thirteen, eh? Could be lucky.

His curiousity gets the better of him as he quickly lifts the latch and swings the door open. The smells of the room seem to get worse as he peers inside only to see a moldy towel that was left behind from the prior owner. He decides to close it, when he notices that the mold begins to move on it's own.
Paradox slams the door closed, gaining the attention of everyone in the room, and places his back against the locker. His skin turns a shade green while he speaks to the group.

I wouldn't open any of them, if I were you.

He thinks to himself, Maybe I should reconsider this.....

Morithias
2012-10-20, 08:34 PM
A young man walks into the boy's locker room. "Um..I'm here to report to the players that Hannah is ready for your examinations." He appears shy and is clearly just some random boy paid to give the message since Hannah is well, a girl.

In the medical area, Hannah quickly examines your bodies taking down vitals and ending with rapid healing spells to make sure you're at top game. The Kitsune has only one tail, but she clearly is quite trained in healing.

"Please report to the arena when your exam is complete." She states to each of you after the exam.

You walk into the arena where a giant maze has been built, seemingly overnight. Joane is waiting for you.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, take these." She hands you a special badge. "This badge will stabilize you and warp you to the sick bay if you're knocked unconscious. Now of course in real X-crawl event you won't be given these, but I don't need people dying during trials." She turns to the maze. "There are 5 tokens hidden in the maze. Finding a token is not enough though. You also have to get OUT of the maze after you find it. To further complex matters this maze has multiple exits. There are no monsters, your only enemies are each other."

She motions to the start of the maze, "The horn will sound shortly. Feel free to prepare during the coming minute."

She walks off. 'Hannah bet me 50 dollars someone gets sent to the sick bay the instant the bell sounds. If they all turn on each other and ignore the objective....even better, I'll just take the last five to be sent to sick bay. Will make a good publicity stunt.' She smiles at the thought of winning 50 dollars or getting good ratings.

She turns around. "Give a good show for the crowd and for me." She flashes a thumbs up and leaves to DJ booth to run the dungeon.

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-20, 08:53 PM
Standing slack-jawed, her uncle beside her, Lisbet begins to wonder where it all went wrong.

Was it when Uncle Raz wanted to see me to the door? She ponders for a moment. No, it was when I choked on my breakfast cereal this morning, that's when it all went wrong. Now Uncle's probably going to be crippled or something in the dungeon and Mum and Dad will blame me for it and how in the blazes did he get past the physical!?

She ponders a moment, while fixing her gear and getting ready to go, about the merits of knocking her uncle on the head as soon as the horn blows, decides that it might make him worse afterwards and her parents still would never forgive her. Then she turns to her uncle, puts on her sweetest voice, and speaks:

"Hey, Uncle! I've just got to go in here for a moment to do something really important, but listen up, because they have a strict no pet policy and you have to stay outside and take care of Woof, alright? She considers for another moment, and then adds "But if you go in here and ask for Hannah, I'm sure she'll give you a nice drink or something while you wait, OK? Pets are allowed in there." She points to the door they just came through, the way back to the sick bay.

Then she closes her eyes and prays that just once, just for once, her uncle might listen and follow instructions.

RandomAction
2012-10-20, 09:41 PM
Paradox didn't like being poked and prodded by anyone. Things got worse when he noticed that Hannah had pulled on a white glove with a loud snap filling the room. After his 'examination', the half-drow entered into the arena with a slight limp to his normally graceful walk. He stayed to the back of the crowd, his displeasure clearly shown on his face, as he listened to the explanation of the new test.
He glances around to take the measure of the other competitors and steps away from the group a few more feet. He has the feeling that many will be ignoring the requirement of getting the tokens in favor of bashing each other into submission.
He paces the badge on his belt and prepares to himself to attempt being the first into the maze.

Erik Vale
2012-10-20, 10:03 PM
Malk shook his head. His buffs weren't the sort to be useful, but his tattoos were always good. He doubted anyone would help him right now, but there was always a chance latter, quid pro pro as they say.

After a few moments, he activates a tattoo, or so you would think, as it fades off him, evaporating into the air, he then starts walking a little further away from some people.

Beguiling influence and Otherworldly whispers are active (doupt they will do any good though)
Malk also uses his Detect Hostile Intent Psionic Crawling Tattoo. He will move away from the 'most' hostile people, moving closer to a friendlier person (As many sense motives as possible here), As soon as the game starts he will activate a crawling tattoo of vigour.

Rizban
2012-10-20, 10:16 PM
Lisbet turns to her uncle, absentmindedly revealing her choice of hand before something clicks in her head.

"What do you mean, you won?"

She hopes he doesn't mean what she thinks he means.

Parchment, Rock, Shears result:
1=Parchment
2=Rock
3=Shears

[roll0]As she swings her fist in his face, Razade's face falls. Suddenly, he gets really serious.

"Best two out of three."

After he's shoved towards the locker rooms, he begins to wonder if maybe, just maybe they think HE is the pig and they're leading him to the slaughter house. That would not be... optimal.

Curses! Now they're examining him, sizing up his flesh for market. Razade begins to plot his escape. This insidious Evil Farmers' Market™ will NOT be serving up fresh gnome cuts today. Uh oh... Lisbet! He has to save her! She has no idea what's going on!

Standing slack-jawed, her uncle beside her, Lisbet begins to wonder where it all went wrong.

Was it when Uncle Raz wanted to see me to the door? She ponders for a moment. No, it was when I choked on my breakfast cereal this morning, that's when it all went wrong. Now Uncle's probably going to be crippled or something in the dungeon and Mum and Dad will blame me for it and how in the blazes did he get past the physical!?

She ponders a moment, while fixing her gear and getting ready to go, about the merits of knocking her uncle on the head as soon as the horn blows, decides that it might make him worse afterwards and her parents still would never forgive her. Then she turns to her uncle, puts on her sweetest voice, and speaks:

"Hey, Uncle! I've just got to go in here for a moment to do something really important, but listen up, because they have a strict no pet policy and you have to stay outside and take care of Woof, alright? She considers for another moment, and then adds "But if you go in here and ask for Hannah, I'm sure she'll give you a nice drink or something while you wait, OK? Pets are allowed in there." She points to the door they just came through, the way back to the sick bay.

Then she closes her eyes and prays that just once, just for once, her uncle might listen and follow instructions.

Razade slides right up to his niece and places one hand over her mouth, his eyes darting around furtively.

"I don't think they've sold us yet. Don't worry, I'll get you out of here safe. My sister would never forgive me if I let her precious daughter end up on the chopping block and sold to the highest bidder. Your flesh is far to valuable to be sold in a common Evil Farmers' Market Tee Em.

Woof! To me!"

Woof, the vicious, war-trained dachshund (http://www.petwave.com/~/media/Images/Center/Breed/Dogs/Hound%20Group/Dachshund/Dachshund_Profile.ashx), trots up to Razade, his tongue lolling from his mouth... Woof's tongue, not Razade's.

"Yipp!"

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-20, 10:24 PM
"Muuuumphle!" moans Lisbet, Razade's hand over her mouth. Uuuuncle!

Yes, this day could not get any worse, but the prize was still there to be grabbed. I just have to reach out, reach out - here she pictures her uncle as a laughing goblin, holding on to her legs and weighing her down like a ton of stone as she stretches her arm towards the light above - for the prize, and it will be mine!

Rizban
2012-10-20, 10:43 PM
"Alright, listen up, Lisbet. This is for your own good. We're getting out of here. Just you... me... Woof... and... that guy."

He points to Paradox.

"When the bell sounds, we run like hell for the exit. Got it?"

He points into the labyrinth ahead.

Dragging his niece over towards Paradox, Razade whispers to him conspiratorially.

"Hey, buddy, long time no see. Right? Look, we're getting out of here before the crap hits the fan. You're coming too. Got it? Good. We're a team now, and the three of us... Oops, sorry, Woof. The four of us are getting out of here alive with those Get Out of Hell Free Cards the crazy lady is jabbering about."

Morithias
2012-10-20, 11:13 PM
The bell rings and a few people run into the maze, two of the other people immediately attack each other knocking one out and injuring the other.

"And one is down." Joane's voice goes around the arena as his body vanishes and goes to Hannah.

"And they're off!" The crowd cheers and all the people run into the maze swinging swords and firing magic.

(Go to the OOC thread, I have important questions).

Rizban
2012-10-20, 11:33 PM
Razade grabs Lisbet by one hand and Paradox by the other. He immediately starts running towards the maze, but his feet promptly fly out from under him as he is restrained by his own arms. He's just not strong enough to forcibly drag the two with him. Thankfully, he manages to regain his footing without dragging all three of them to the ground.

"Come on! Let's go!"

RandomAction
2012-10-21, 12:10 AM
Somehow Paradox loses his footing when Razade takes off. The unexpected maneuver forces the half-drow to quickly attempt a hand spring and a twist aiming to land on his feet in front of the gnome.

Tumble:[roll0]

He stares at the both of them and speaks, Working as a team would be a better idea, however the masses in front of us have already a head start.

He notices the injured man standing by the one laying on the ground. He fixes him with a withering glare, from behind his shades, warning the guy to quit while he can.

Intimidate:[roll1]

Rizban
2012-10-21, 12:37 AM
Razade notices the guy transfixed by Paradox's glare. Suddenly, something in his head snaps. This guy... he was in league with THEM! He was one of the Evil Farmers. HE MUST BE STOPPED BEFORE HE KILLS AGAIN!

Razade charges the man while he's distracted, rushing headlong into battle.

"You will never harm my PRECIOUS NIECE LISBET, you knave!"

Reaching the man, he seems to viciously karate chop at the man.

[roll0] vs AC to catch him Flat-Footed.

[roll1]
[roll2]+4 = 6

If I catch him Flat-Footed...
[roll3]

(Burning 2 Inspiration Points to increase attack and damage rolls.)

Rizban
2012-10-21, 12:38 AM
If he's flat-footed, he takes [roll0] more damage from the Sapphire Nightmare Blade maneuver and Iajustsu Focus skill check for a total of 15 damage.

RandomAction
2012-10-21, 12:55 AM
Paradox watches as the gnome rushes the man.

Guess I can't let him fight alone.

Tightening his fists, causing the leather of his gloves to creak, the half drow looks inside himself to find his focus. Slowly his form takes on a shadowy appearance and he quickly hurries over to help Razade, trying to flank him as he nears. Quick as a whip, his foot lashes out towards the man.

Enter Child of Shadow stance - swift
Move closer to the man - move.
Attack with unarmed strike - standard
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

vegetalss4
2012-10-21, 07:33 AM
When Joanne told them that they would have a minute before starting Xiatan immediately started casting various defensive spells. first with a wand she retrieved with her tail, then using her own magical powers.

Use magic device to try and cast mage armor, maximum of 7 tries, before I give up.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Then I cast Reduce Person, followed by shield, both on myself

Her preparation finished Xiatan runs into the labyrinth, trough slightly behind the rest of the contestants. As she both attempts to take a different entrance from the rest and recognizes that tiring herself by sprinting from the start would be counterproductive.

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-21, 10:23 AM
Lisbet looks longingly towards the entrance to the maze, and then back at her uncle and his strangely polite new friend beating up a complete stranger for no apparent reason. With a cry of frustration she charges her uncle, grabs him by the scruff of his neck and drags him into the maze, however unwillingly.

"Come. With. ME!" she grunts.

They enter the maze, and once out of sight of the entrance, with her free hand she waves about and mutters some encouraging words to herself, a silver pendant and matching silver wristbands slightly glowing in response.

She casts Conviction (SpC) on herself, giving her +2 to all saves for 10 mins/level.
Somewhat reassured, she turns to her uncle, hands on hips. "Can you walk? Good, because I'm not carrying you."

She turns, and continues into the maze, whether he follows or not.

Morithias
2012-10-21, 01:06 PM
The man obviously goes down and they both vanish. A loud gasp comes from the audience. "And it looks like we might be seeing some teaming up already!" Joane yells over the microphone.

The maze is a twisted passage that seems to turns around on each other. The maze is lit with ever burning torches and you hear screams from within as the other player seem to have either found a chest, or decided to turn on each other again.

The following is the layout of the maze. Joane designed the maze based on something classic. This isn't rare in X-crawl, occasionally you'll even get "sponsored" X-crawls that are based on video games or other media. They tend to be hit or miss though.

http://www.developria.com/upload/2009/04/maze2.jpg

Joane then yells again. "And that's one more down, but the other guy ain't looking that great, so far no tokens have been found, and we've lost 3 out of 16!"

vegetalss4
2012-10-21, 01:31 PM
Xiatan moves quickly through the maze alert both for signs of the tokens and any other players.

I'll follow this path through the maze on my first move through, looking down through the sideways, to be interrupted if I either spot a token or another contestant.
http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii470/vegetalss4/xiatanmazepart.png

Rizban
2012-10-21, 03:11 PM
Razade wanders aimlessly, following Lisbet.

RandomAction
2012-10-21, 06:50 PM
Paradox follows the two gnomes for a little while, he tries to listen for any sounds that mean they are coming up on or running into any of the other contestants.
Listen:

After several turns, he quietly speaks to the both of them.

If we are going to be working as a team, then I shall go and scout ahead. Wish me luck.

The half drow hurries ahead trying to follow the source of the screams and hoping to catch any of the other contenders unaware.

Listen:[roll1]
Hide:[roll2]
Move:[rol]1d20+9

RandomAction
2012-10-21, 06:51 PM
Ach!
Move:[roll0]

Morithias
2012-10-21, 07:11 PM
Xiatan, you come across a chest in the corner that a dwarf is trying to beat up and open. There is some blood on the ground making it seem that he or someone else got beat up here recently.

On the other side of the arena Joane announces two more people falling down with a "DOUBLE KO! Wow that must've been embarassing! 11 left people!"

Razade you find no one. You hear someone sneaking behind you, but they then seem to vanish, it seems to be a rogue trying to avoid combat.

Paradox you come across two humans arguing about teaming up since after all they only need 2 of the 5 tokens, and 5 people are already gone, meaning half the group will get through. They don't seem to notice you.

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-21, 08:01 PM
Lisbet heads directly for the north-eastern corner, passing by the central chamber, her uncle trailing behind. She reasons that tokens closer to the entrance are much more likely to have been discovered, but the lack of announcements on the subject suggest that there's some sort of challenge to complete after the discovery of a location.

Rizban
2012-10-21, 08:19 PM
Razade follows along behind Lisbet.

"Please, be careful."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-21, 08:26 PM
"If you insist, uncle."

Stealth: [roll0]

Stealth is a pathfinder combination of hide and move silently, so I guess since we're combining the two you may as well assume that it's one roll for both hide and move silently, and oppose it in the same way.

It's up to you, however.

vegetalss4
2012-10-22, 12:03 AM
Seeing the dwarf Xiatan hides in the corner, waiting for him to open the chest in case it's trapped before striking.

Stealth Check [roll0]
Readying an action to move forward and make a shocking grasp based spellstrike, if the dwarf either opens the chest or spots me.

RandomAction
2012-10-22, 01:25 AM
Paradox listens to the two humans argue. He tries to see if either one is injured. Taking a quiet calming breath, he moves stealthily closer to the one who seems the most wounded. A flame covers his fist as he roars a battle cry, while using the shadows around him to cause his hand to blur. He swings at the human.

Move closer while being stealthy - move Hide:[roll0]
Use Burning Blade maneuver - swift.
Attack with Shadow Blade Technique - standard.
Attack 1: [roll1] or [roll2] vs FF AC
{Use lower roll if both are a hit and apply Cold damage}
Damage: [roll3] +[roll4] Fire +[roll5] Cold

Morithias
2012-10-22, 01:49 AM
The two gnomes move through the maze to a part that no one seems to be in yet. However when you find the chest you find an animal guarding it. Closer looking shows that this insect however is far too large to have been snuck in, and it clearly is fiendish in nature, it looks like there is a summoner going around placing defences around the chests. It does strike you as odd however that the insect isn't attacking the chest, nor is the chest disturbed in anyway really.

The insect does not spot you...yet.

Xiatan

The dwarf opens the chest and starts to reach in when your shocking grasp attacks it. Roll for...whatever you roll for this.

Paradox

The wizard lets out a yelp and vanishes as you plunge yourself into him and he vanishes. The other human obviously spots you and readies his weapon to attack. You used up your surprise round. Roll for Initiative versus the other human.

Joane yells over the speakers. "And another one bites the dust! 10 left! Half of the people left will make it through! The other half will have to find another chance at fame! But his friend looks angry! That one might regret that move!"

Joane sits back from the microphone, smiling at the chaos. This took her back. The novice mistakes, the other guy didn't seem to have a ranged weapons, and only the summoner seems to be trying to actually put on a show. These people were clearly warriors and tricksters, not performers....which is exactly what she needed. She looks over the gnomes and half-drow in particular, wondering what the press will say if she takes them on. Gnomes are rare in X-crawl, and a half-drow...well...that's certainly a sight in of by itself.

Hannah comes in and places the medical reports. "Here are the reports!" She gleefully says.

"Hannah!" Joane yells, "We're live!"

Most of the people in the arena chuckle at this.

vegetalss4
2012-10-22, 02:00 AM
Xiatans Scimitar flashes forward it's blade crackling with lighting as she speaks arcane words of power.

the rolls for my readied action.

Attack roll vs AC
[roll0] +3 if the dwarf is wearing metal armor.
Damage roll
1d4+4d6+8 the d6 are electrical damage if it makes a difference.
(I am unsure if such a roll actually works. just in case it doesn't- and it didn't)
[roll1]+[roll2]+8 = 23 points of damage

Initiative roll, should it become relevant.
[roll3]

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-22, 02:06 AM
"Ok, Uncle. Just... wait here, ok? Can't be looking after you all the time."

Ok, got a few rolls to make and a few abilities to activate before I go in.

I activate Travel Devotion and Luck Devotion (a swift action each), and make a knowledge check for Knowledge Devotion

Use the appropriate skill bonus for the insect creature:

Knowledge: [roll0] (add 1 if Dungeoneering, Nature, Local, Religion)

I get a certain bonus to attack and damage depending on the roll, I'll edit it in later.

Only then do I move in to attack.

Lisbet calmly packs away the daggers that she's holding, and with a flick of her wrists her special daggers appear from her wrist sheaths. With a quick breath, she suddenly moves like lightning towards the insect from her hiding place, silver ornaments glowing softly. Daggers raised, she strikes at the creature, once, twice!

Attack 1:[roll1] + 2
Attack 2:[roll2] +2

Damage 1:[roll3]+[roll4] plus 2
Damage 1:[roll5]+[roll6] plus 2

Knowledge Devotion bonus = +2 to attack and damage

Rizban
2012-10-22, 02:12 AM
While the two gnomes are sneaking around, Woof gets bored and playful. Seeing the large insect thing, he decides to go make friends, "playfully" nipping at the bug.

Charge [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Seeing Woof in danger, Razade rushes to his defense, moving into a flanking position against the bug and slashing viciously at its abdomen.

Edit: Forgot to roll Knowledge Devotion. See post below.

Using Sapphire Nightmare Blade: [roll2] vs AC to catch Flat-Footed. (If he's already Flat-Footed due to not acting yet in combat, ignore this roll).

[roll3]+1=15 (with Inspiration)
[roll4]+1=8 (with Inspiration)

If Flat-Footed
[roll5]
[roll6] = +2d6 damage
[roll7] = 9

Total Damage: 23

Rizban
2012-10-22, 02:15 AM
Forgot to roll Initiative: [roll0] (using Inspiration)

That leaves me with 3 / 6 Inspiration for this encounter.

Rizban
2012-10-22, 02:17 AM
Also forgot Knowledge Devotion. I'm assuming it's [roll0] due to the description.

RandomAction
2012-10-22, 02:29 AM
Well, one down. Now for the other.

His glasses flash as Paradox steps closer to the human, as he summons a small fire elemental behind the man. Then he reaches towards him trying to throw the man to the ground.

Taste the ground, human!

Initiative: [roll0]
Step closer, if I beat his Ini roll - move
Use Distracting Ember, gain flanking - swift
Activate Mighty Throw maneuver- standard.
Melee touch without AoO: [roll1]
Trip attempt to throw and keep human adjacent: [roll2]

WOW a crit on a touch attack.........

Erik Vale
2012-10-22, 04:30 AM
Malk ran into the maze full pelt, his idea was just to sprint through, avoiding others as much as possible, moving through looking for any tokens. Any who chased him he simply turned away from, hoping to use walls and his senses to keep them at bay, wishing he could darken the room to his benefit, but such wasn't for him.
He was however, very obnoxious with his insults, any who passed within 15 feet of him got barraged with taunting cries and insults, not that anyone outside of the maze would notice.

A very different tact. Here's some dice rolls.
Spot [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Morithias
2012-10-22, 03:04 PM
Xiatan takes down the dwarf quite easily. The dwarf isn't dead, but he is teleported away. Inside the now beat up chest is clearly one of the tokens.

"And another one goes down." Joane yells. "9 left, and it looks like that blow hurt, the scimitar wielder approaches the chest!" The mood in the dungeon shifts as everyone assumes a token has been found.

The two gnomes take out the monstrous centipede. However you heard a spell cast behind you make reflex saves.

Paradox. You do not win the roll off. The fighter takes a swing at you.

[roll0] versus AC
[roll1] if hit.

Malk you do not see anyone, but all around you you hear fighting and people yelling, not helped by Joane clearly trying to egg everyone one. But the fact remains...9 left...7 gone.

vegetalss4
2012-10-22, 03:28 PM
Xiatan curses quietly under her breath in abyssal, while quickly taking the token and using her innate abilities to darken the area around her.
Then using the cover of the unnatural darkness see attempts to sneak her way out of the maze.

I cast darkness on the token.
Stealth check then
[roll0]

Erik Vale
2012-10-22, 05:12 PM
Having been able to avoid people, and with so many cut down so far, Malk stops running. He doesn't try to hide, or move quietly, simply walking normally which might as well be being quiet.
Now, he takes time to have a closer look at places, seaching for a token.

Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]

Woo, Nat 20 on search. Needed that after such horrid rolls.

Rizban
2012-10-22, 05:44 PM
Ref save [roll0] (use inspiration)

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-22, 06:02 PM
Reflex: [roll0] (+2 for Conviction)

At the sudden sound behind her, Lisbet attempts to dive behind the monster carcass to take cover.

Morithias
2012-10-22, 06:06 PM
Xiatan you sneak out of the dungeon swiftly. Everyone else is either too far away to notice you, or can't hit you with ranged attacks through the concealment.

"And the first token is out of the maze!" Joane yells. "4 tokens left, and 8 players!"

Malk, as you pass near the centre of the maze you notice a secret door hidden near the middle.

The gnomes take 3d6 fire damage, (Scroll made by a level 3 artificer rather than an actual fireball).

The first gnome passes his save, the second does not.

[roll0] Damage, reflex (DC 14) for half.

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-22, 06:15 PM
Lisbet's legs ar scorched as she dives behind the centipede carcass. She drops one of her masterwork knives with a clatter and draws one of her other daggers, turns, and throws at the first thing that moves that isn't her uncle or Woof.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Morithias
2012-10-22, 06:27 PM
Lisbet's legs ar scorched as she dives behind the centipede carcass. She drops one of her masterwork knives with a clatter and draws one of her other daggers, turns, and throws at the first thing that moves that isn't her uncle or Woof.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

The carcass is not there, it was a summoned monster. Once you killed it it vanished. I'm sorry I should've been more clear. On the plus side you keep the knife from your natural one.

A mage steps out of the shadows and shouts a challenge. Roll for turn order.

1d20+2

Morithias
2012-10-22, 06:28 PM
[roll0]

Forgot I can't roll in edited posts.

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-22, 06:55 PM
After diving past the now non-existent centipede corpse to ineffectually gain cover and then managing to throw one of her knives directly into the ground, Lisbet is not exactly pleased to see the Mage step out of the shadows and yells a challenge in return.

Woof, with me! Uncle, stay here for once in your life!

Then she charges.

Yes, Rizban, for once in your life is uncle-code for do the opposite of what your niece just said.

Initiative: [roll0]

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

As you can see, I need a flanker ASAP.

And I understood it was a summoned monster, but if I dived behind the corpse and succeeded we could say that it hadn't quite dissolved yet, or if I failed we could say (as we did) that it had disappeared and given me no cover.

Erik Vale
2012-10-22, 07:35 PM
This time, Malk takes his time to move quietly, as he moves towards the door, and tries to open it.

Move Silent: [roll2]

RandomAction
2012-10-22, 11:13 PM
The half drow easily dodges the blade and says.

Perhaps you should consider more training, eh?

He then continues to attempt his throw.

Keep turn as stated earlier. If the human fails the trip check, here is the AoO if/when he stands up.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Morithias
2012-10-23, 12:21 AM
Lisbet - I am going to have to wait for your uncle to roll before I can move the mage. I apologize.

You missed him however.

Malk - The door APPEARS to be locked, however when you tried the door anyways, it opens, it appears it has one of those trick locks that appears locked when open and appears open when locked. Inside you find a chest.

Make a perception/listen check.

Half-drow, the human fails his check and trips, he then stands up and takes your blow. He seems semi-injured and then backs off 5 feet. "Don't want to fight you, I'm done." He states. "I surrender."

Joane belts over the microphone. "Another chest is found, and the mage confronts the the two gnomes, it seems the human is surrendering to the half-drow, what will the half-drow do?"

Rizban
2012-10-23, 07:15 AM
"Ohh, shiny!"

Razade bends over to pick up a copper coin just as a firebal erupts overhead.

*Sniff* "Do you smell something, Woof? Smells like bacon."

He looks up and sees the caster.

"Kill him, Woof! He has bacon! BACON IS NOT KOSHER!"

I just rolled initiative in my last post. Did you want me to roll it again?

[roll0] (assuming humanoid)

Rizban
2012-10-23, 07:25 AM
Running headlong at the caster, Razade yells, "BACON!!!"

[roll0] 5 + charge + knowledge devotion + flank
[roll1]

Woof also attacks, from non-flanking position.

[roll2]
[roll3]

Rizban
2012-10-23, 07:27 AM
Woof goes for the jugular!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Morithias
2012-10-23, 10:20 AM
The mage is heavily injured but not out. He backs off into a corridor and casts a summon monster 2 spell. This time however, the centipede it summons is large and not medium. He taunts you from behind the monster, clearly mugging for the cameras.

"Oh this looks like it might be a nasty one people!" Joane yells over the microphone.

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 10:58 AM
Paradox watches the man closely. He gives him a nod, before saying in an intimidating manner.

Drop your weapon and leave.

Intimidate:[roll0]
If the human complies then Paradox will continue on further into the maze.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 11:06 AM
Paradox - He drops his masterwork longsword and backs off slowly keeping his eyes on you as if afraid of you turning on him, even though it's considered bad form to do so in X-crawl.

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-23, 11:09 AM
Forgot to roll for Knowledge Devotion, damn. That might have made me hit previously with that 13.

Kn: Local: [roll0]

15 or less = +1
16-25 = +2
25+ = +3

Are the potential scores, by the way. There are higher ones up to +5 at 36+, but not going to reach that high anytime soon.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 11:16 AM
Still, we get opportunity attacks since either he's moving more than 1 square away which triggers it, or he is still within 5ft of two of us.

He is right. Make AOO. The monster doesn't appear if you take him down this round.

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-23, 11:22 AM
"Blades, don't fail me now!"

Lisbet takes the opening given by the mage's casting to take another swipe, before striking once, twice more in a veritable flurry of blows.

Opportunity Attack: [roll0] (I assume the flank still occurs at this point, as well, for +2 to hit and sneak attack)
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

Attack 1: [roll3]
Damage 1: [roll4]

Attack 2: [roll5]
Damage 2: [roll6]

Any damage rolls that are less than average are increased to the average.

EDIT: Oh, and if he moved further away rather than took a 5ft step, drop Attack 2 since I'd be charging, and add +2 to the attack roll of Attack 1

Morithias
2012-10-23, 11:40 AM
Where are you getting the other two attacks? I didn't totally check your build, but I'm pretty sure you only get one AOO when someone moves out of a threatened square.

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-23, 11:42 AM
Those are my turn once again. The first attack is the opportunity attack, the second and third are a full attack. And I just realised that I wouldn't be charging, I'd be using the swift action move again so both attacks still occur in the full attack I'd be able to use.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 12:00 PM
Those are my turn once again. The first attack is the opportunity attack, the second and third are a full attack. And I just realised that I wouldn't be charging, I'd be using the swift action move again so both attacks still occur in the full attack I'd be able to use.

Okay, but the mage gets the spell off. He does however get taken down. I'm pretty sure summoned monsters still exist after their summoner is taken down (If that is wrong feel free to correct me and just take the chest).

Large fiendish monsterous centipede.

1d20+2

Morithias
2012-10-23, 12:01 PM
[roll0]

(Forgot the /)

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-23, 12:03 PM
I cannot comment right now as I'm away from my books, but I'm happy with fighting it. I'm still over half health and the last one didn't give us much trouble.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 12:31 PM
I cannot comment right now as I'm away from my books, but I'm happy with fighting it. I'm still over half health and the last one didn't give us much trouble.

Alright also apparently my last roll didn't roll so here we go again.

[roll0]

Morithias
2012-10-23, 12:32 PM
Kick its butt. (Seriously a natural 1? That thing is going to be sent back to hell before it knows what is going on)

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-23, 12:39 PM
I'm going to take that to mean I get sneak attacks :smalltongue:

Lisbet once again zips along the ground lightning fast, and strikes at the creature.

Kn Dev:[roll0]

Attack 1: [roll1] + kn dev bonus
Damage 1: [roll2] + [roll3] + kn dev bonus

Attack 2: [roll4] + kn dev bonus
Damage 2: [roll5] + [roll6] + kn dev bonus

All damage is at least the average. Kn dev bonus is +2

Morithias
2012-10-23, 01:05 PM
I'm going to take that to mean I get sneak attacks :smalltongue:

Lisbet once again zips along the ground lightning fast, and strikes at the creature.

Kn Dev:[roll0]

Attack 1: [roll1] + kn dev bonus
Damage 1: [roll2] + [roll3] + kn dev bonus

Attack 2: [roll4] + kn dev bonus
Damage 2: [roll5] + [roll6] + kn dev bonus

All damage is at least the average. Kn dev bonus is +2

Okay let's see here, if your Kn Dev bonus is +2, you hit both times. If all damage is at least average. That gives you 2 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 5 + 2 , if I'm not mistaken for 18 damage.

Don't know what I was worried about, the large insect vanishes.

"Oh the summoner vanishes." Joane moans. "He was putting on such a good show too." She checks her notes. "7 left with 4 tokens remaining, but it looks like 2 of them are about to be found" (I pray I didn't make a mistake here)

Rizban
2012-10-23, 01:19 PM
Summon Monster is a full round casting time, not a full-round action, which means the monster does NOT appear until the start of the caster's next turn. Also, anytime he takes damage until then causes him to roll a concentration check to keep the spell from failing.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 01:20 PM
Summon Monster is a full round casting time, not a full-round action, which means the monster does NOT appear until the start of the caster's next turn. Also, anytime he takes damage until then causes him to roll a concentration check to keep the spell from failing.

Okay people I'm going to go post something in the OOC thread.

Rizban
2012-10-23, 01:49 PM
Razade rushes to the chest and sticks his ear to it.

"Careful, Pookie, it might be a bomb. It's always a bomb."

[roll0]

Morithias
2012-10-23, 01:57 PM
Razade rushes to the chest and sticks his ear to it.

"Careful, Pookie, it might be a bomb. It's always a bomb."

[roll0]

The chest does not appear to be trapped. It is however, Locked.

Rizban
2012-10-23, 02:05 PM
Lacking a lock pick, Razade says, "Stand back! I'll smash it open! Bombs be damned!"

Morithias
2012-10-23, 02:32 PM
Lacking a lock pick, Razade says, "Stand back! I'll smash it open! Bombs be damned!"

Um..roll for sunder I guess?

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 02:35 PM
After the human leaves, Paradox picks up the sword and carries it loosely in his hand. He decides that now is the time to find a token. He takes a path that leads away from the direction of where the human left, while listening for anyone trying to sneak up behind him

Listen:[toll]1d20+1[/roll]

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 02:36 PM
Wow, watch out for those 1d20 tolls.

[roll0]

Guess that I put the longsword into my ear instead of carrying it.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 02:38 PM
Paradox just as you turn from him, the human uses a move action to pull out a longbow and standard action to fire an arrow at you.

[roll0] (Versus AC)

[roll1] (Composite longbow)

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 02:53 PM
Feeling the wind off the arrow, the half drow turns back towards the human and with a growl he says.

That was a fatal mistake.

Lifting his eyes towards the coach, he shouts to her.

You want a show, fine. Here is something to shock you!

He then rushes over and renews his attack on the man. Swinging his foot towards him.

Move closer - move.
Activate Lightning Gauntlets, 3 charges - standard.
Damage:[roll0] DC:14 Reflex for half.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 03:07 PM
"Dude, we have the badges, you can't kill me." The fighter laughs as you attack...

[roll0]

He makes his save and is still standing, he retreats 40 feet as a full withdrawal and runs into another part of the maze, leaving his sword behind.

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 03:12 PM
Don't have to kill you, just make sure you can't hurt anyone.

He thinks to himself as he watches the man flee, Paradox picks up the sword and takes off in the opposite direction. Looking for tokens, chests or anything else.

Need to find a token and then get out.

vegetalss4
2012-10-23, 03:51 PM
Once Xiatan is outside of the maze and certain that she have "won", she sits down to await her further teamates.
She stays close enough to the exits that even she should be have a good chance of noticing if anyone exits, but at the same time far enough away that she isn't likely to be mistaken for someone lying in wait to ambush those who would leave with a token.

Erik Vale
2012-10-23, 04:57 PM
Malk takes a quick look around as he enter the room.

I take it you mean spot and search for perception.

Listen: [roll2]

Morithias
2012-10-23, 05:12 PM
Xiatan, the clerics and medical crew come over with towels and water and cure you up. The minor press that has appears isn't approaching and it's clear that Joane has ordered them kept at bay until that end of the match.

Malk, the chest is locked but not trapped you hear someone sneaking behind you and barely turn around in time to see a female halfling whip a knife at you.

[roll]1d4+1d6 if hit.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 05:13 PM
[roll0]

plus

[roll1]

if hit.

Screw it, I'll roll when you tell me if she hit you or not.

Erik Vale
2012-10-23, 05:28 PM
AC 21, need a roll of 16 before modifiers

Malk dodge's quickly, heart thundering in his chest, and with a moment, he tries the only quick solution he can think of, and utters a words of power, and with a well practiced gesture, ushers the halfling towards him as magic wraps around her. He never knew what they saw, but liked to think they saw a Incubus in his stead, whispering dark promises. He prayed for it to work.

Move action to move towards the chest (if not already right next to it), AOO for you.
Followed by a standerd action to Use the Dark Siren invocation. Mimics Beckoning Call (Forces taget to move toward me safely, once there takes no actions, Concentration+3 rounds, Will save and spell resistance, Will save every round, Is on Dndtools.eu if you want to google it. DC is 17)

Morithias
2012-10-23, 05:31 PM
No AOO, she THREW the knife, not stabbed you. Will save....OH COME ON.

NPC rogue has a will save of +0, +1 cause she's a halfling.

[roll0]

NPCs suck don't they (Watch she'll make the roll and I'll eat those words)

Edit: 17! NOW That's just not fair!

Erik Vale
2012-10-23, 05:50 PM
((Ahh, she failed. Glory is me. Now to decide how to deal with the situatuion.))

Malk takes a second to look around, taking stock. The spell may well last a while, or it could end in another second. The Chest isn't trapped, perhaps binding her would be better. The best method requires opening the chest first...

Malk takes a Standerd action to concentrate, and a move action to draw bolt cutters. Q, will use Bolt cutters constitute a standerd action or a move action, it's an Automatic 15 Damage (+0 from strength) I plan on breaking the lock.

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-23, 07:36 PM
Before Rizban smites the chest, Lisbet reaches him and pushes him aside. "Watch out, Uncle, soon-to-be-professional at work here,"

She carefully checks the chest for traps herself, inspecting the hinges and each facet, even very carefully at last tipping the chest to see underneath it.

Perception: [roll0]

She then goes to work on the lock, pulling some tiny metal tools from her bag to fiddle with it.

Disable device: [roll1]

I'm assuming that it's like all the others, but can't hurt to be safe and not sorry. If I do find something, I'll rewrite this and that Disable device check can be disarming the trap.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 07:49 PM
Malk - Using the cutters is a standard action, since it counts as sundering the chest, if you or another player can quote something ruling otherwise, use the RAW.

Rizban - You open the chest and find a token, there is no trap on the chest.

"And token number 2 is in the hand of the two gnomes, but only one can take it out of the arena!" Joane yells. "The injured fighter is hurrying though the maze, and it looks like miss-throws-a-knife is under some kind of mental control! This is turning into an interesting show!"

Erik Vale
2012-10-23, 08:20 PM
Malk looks at the halfling, close, but not having broken out of the mind control, and stops concentrating. Now he's going to have to break the lock. There's no need to attack just yet.

Moving, Malk manipulates the way the halfling aproaches so that he will be able to see her as soon as the spell fails, and then applies the bolt cutters to the lock.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 08:23 PM
Malk looks at the halfling, close, but not having broken out of the mind control, and stops concentrating. Now he's going to have to break the lock. There's no need to attack just yet.

Moving, Malk manipulates the way the halfling aproaches so that he will be able to see her as soon as the spell fails, and then applies the bolt cutters to the lock.

The halfling breaks free from your mental control and then process to bolt around the corner at 20 feet per round. It's not clear what her plan is, but she apparently thinks attacking you again is a mistake...for now.

Erik Vale
2012-10-23, 09:42 PM
Malk looks at her, a little confused but immediately lets go of the bolt cutters, but then grabs them again, deciding against using magic. Keeping her in her feild of veiw, he speaks simply.
"You might as well go. If your lucky you will find another token without suffering pain. Or I might help you if you can unlock this for me..."

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Diplomacy to get her to leave, will do another 15 damage to the lock.

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 09:42 PM
The half drow begins to worry as he hears about two of the tokens being found. He rushes as quickly as he can through the maze while keeping an eye and an ear out for any signs.

Listen:[roll0]
Spot:[roll1]

Morithias
2012-10-23, 09:53 PM
Give me a second to gather everything, This will probably be an edited post, I just need to gather my notes.

Okay so there are 4 tokens and 7 people left.

Paradox, Malk, and the two gnomes, the halfling who whipped the knife, and the fighter who attacked Paradox.

That means...I have one NPC left to introduce, if I'm not mistaken.

Malk, you sunder the lock on the chest and find a token inside. Joane gleefully announces it. "And the hidden token was found, we might see a photo finish here!"

Paradox as you run through the maze, you come across what appears to be an elf female, with no armor, she's standing near a chest, the chest was hidden in the back and she doesn't seem to be attacking it or even have it open, you're not sure what her plan is.

Joane "And another chest is found by two people, I have to question what the elf is planning, she found that chest fairly early, and could've gotten out by now. Maybe she wants to put on a show for the crowd?"

The elf strikes a pose and shouts a challenge. "Finally someone came along, what is X-crawl without a bit of combat! Let's go tough guy!"

Roll for who goes first.

[roll0]

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 09:56 PM
Paradox is at first surprised to she the female elf. After the moment that she turned and spoke, he knew that things were going to get ugly.

Ini: [roll0]

Morithias
2012-10-23, 09:59 PM
She charges you and attempts to punch you.

[roll0] versus AC

[roll1] Damage if hit.

She takes a -2 to AC for the remainder of the round.

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 10:07 PM
The half drow summons again flames upon his hand before he lashes out with a shadow doubled fist.

Maneuvers restored since this is a new encounter.
Use Burning Blade - swift.
Attack with Shadow Blade Tech - standard.
Attack:
Damage: [roll1] fist +[roll2] fire +[roll3] cold.

As soon as his attack is over, he reaches down into his soul for the power blessed upon by the dark goddess.

Shadows make me numerous!

Use Gift of the Spider Queen feat as an immediate action, sacrificing next turns swift action. Sacrifice daily use of Faerie Fire and Dancing Lights to summon [roll]]1d4 Mirror Images.

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 10:08 PM
Critical Check:[roll0]

Mirror Image reroll:[roll1]

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 10:10 PM
Critical damage:[roll0]

Forgot to add that part into last post, sorry for all the extra posts.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 10:12 PM
She vanishes.

"Oh man, she is going to regret that move!" Joane yells. "I guess some people just love to fight! One more down! 6 left!"

Erik Vale
2012-10-23, 10:14 PM
Malk smiles as he hold the coin, resocketing the bolt cutters.
"Well. Looks like your going to have to find another. No hard feelings."

Malk uses the time to also grab out some caltrops, keeping his eyes on the Halfling, should nothing violent happen, and he detect no hostility, he will then proced to leave the maze at top speed.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 10:18 PM
Malk smiles as he hold the coin, resocketing the bolt cutters.
"Well. Looks like your going to have to find another. No hard feelings."

Malk uses the time to also grab out some caltrops, keeping his eyes on the Halfling, should nothing violent happen, and he detect no hostility, he will then proced to leave the maze at top speed.

Roll listen.

Erik Vale
2012-10-23, 10:20 PM
((I they are hostile towards me, then I automatically know that there present and in roughly what direction, however for actual listen:
[roll0]))

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 10:27 PM
Hope I don't run into any more enemies, all out of my tricks except combat ones.
Paradox sighs in relaxation as he walks over to the chest and begins to inspect it for any othe surprises.

Search:[roll0]
Spot:[roll]1d20+1[/roll

Morithias
2012-10-23, 10:29 PM
((I they are hostile towards me, then I automatically know that there present and in roughly what direction, however for actual listen:
[roll0]))

in that case, you know the injured fighter from before is around the corner waiting to ambush you.

Paradox - The chest is locked, but doesn't seem to be trapped.

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 10:29 PM
Spot:[roll0]

The half drow takes his time as he rechecks the chest.

Take 20 on search.

Was editing my post when you posted.

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 10:32 PM
He tries to smash the chest open with his fist, hoping not to damage anything on the inside.

Damage rolls, however many are needed.
Damage:[roll0]+4 to each.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 10:35 PM
You find no traps, and apparently there is none, as over the next 2 minutes you beat the chest open. (Either that or it was a REALLY crappy trap).

You find a token inside.

Erik Vale
2012-10-23, 10:38 PM
Malk slows to a stop near the corner, probably signalling the fighter, he takes a quick look around for a different path he can take without having to double back to far.

((If there is a path, look at spoiler A, if not Spoiler B))

A

Malk throws his caltops to cover the area before the crossing, then runs of. After a couple of turns he will begin walking out quietly, taking 10 on hide/move silently rolls (+7 mod to hide, +8 mod to move silent)

B

Malk curses, and then talks to the fighter.
"That badge may attempt to stabalise you automatically and remove you, but it wont help if I remove your head with a bolt of Eldritch energy, and I know you know I can, I've trained with you. Step out and aside, and I will let will leave peacefully, perhaps take the edge off your wounds."
Intimidate Roll: [roll0] or Diplomacy [roll1] (Chose which is more apropriate)
Will ready an Eldritch Blast.

RandomAction
2012-10-23, 10:47 PM
Yes, I got one!

Forgetting where he was at, Paradox stared at the token for a second, before noticing something on his hand.

Why didn't you give us keys? Look at what you made me do, I broke a NAIL!

After his rant, the half-drow quickly tries to find an exit and to see who else has found thier token.

Morithias
2012-10-23, 10:49 PM
Malk, there is another path, the fighter hears you leaving and goes to the nearest entrance and blocks it. You'll need to go to the other side of the maze to escape now. He also readies his bow again.

Erik Vale
2012-10-24, 04:44 PM
Malk rolls his eyes as he begins the one handed gesture that heralds his eldritch blast.
"Infola."
And with that word, Malk releases a blast of Eldritch energy.

Note: Eldritch Blast is against touch AC.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Crit Confirm Roll (If nat 20, *2 Damage): [roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2]

Rizban
2012-10-24, 10:55 PM
Razade snatches the trinket from Lisbet.

"Alright, kiddo, you've had your fun. Let's get out of here before the pigs seek their revenge."

He and Woof head off down a corridor that has not yet been explored, wait, no. First, he grabs Lisbet by the collar then heads off down the hallway.

"*sigh* What would your mother do to me if I left you here to become pig slop?"

Morithias
2012-10-24, 11:14 PM
Malk rolls his eyes as he begins the one handed gesture that heralds his eldritch blast.
"Infola."
And with that word, Malk releases a blast of Eldritch energy.

Note: Eldritch Blast is against touch AC.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Crit Confirm Roll (If nat 20, *2 Damage): [roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2]

Hmm...I'm going to give you a chance here. Roll a hide/stealth check.

Against...

[roll0]

This DC

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-24, 11:33 PM
Lisbet raises her hand to strike at the arm holding her, then realises she's still holding her daggers. With a cry of frustration she passes the dagger from her right hand into her left which now clumsily holds the two, and reaches up to struggle against Razade's grip, unsuccessfully.

"Uncle Raz, that... token... is... MINE!"

Giving up on breaking free of his grip, she instead tries to snatch at the token in his hand.

Erik Vale
2012-10-25, 12:13 AM
Hide Check, comming right up.
[roll0]

Morithias
2012-10-25, 12:16 AM
Hide Check, comming right up.
[roll0]

He thought you had left, by not spotting your sudden return, you catch him flat footed. He almost would've dodged, your attack takes him down.

"OUCH!" Joane yells. "Right in the face! Hannah will have her work cut out for her! 5 left! 4 tokens! And it looks like the two gnomes are starting to fight over it!"

Rizban
2012-10-25, 12:27 AM
Razade releases his niece, pats her on the head, and says, "Come along then. I'll give it back as soon as we're out. Shame though, it would make such a lovely collar for Woof."

Woof agrees.

"Yipp! Yipp!"

Razade continues to lead down the hallway, the token tucked firmly into his left palm.

Erik Vale
2012-10-25, 04:24 AM
Malk smiles, walking over the now disappearing fighter, as he leaves the maze.

Morithias
2012-10-25, 12:04 PM
Malk smiles, walking over the now disappearing fighter, as he leaves the maze.

"And the second token is out of the maze." Joane says happily. "That takes it down to 4 people left, and 3 tokens. I wonder which Gnome will get to keep the token, they seem to be conflicted still!"

Rizban
2012-10-25, 02:23 PM
Razade still continues down the hallway, hoping to see something other than hallway...

Morithias
2012-10-25, 03:17 PM
Razade still continues down the hallway, hoping to see something other than hallway...

You notice a halfling running around the maze seemingly at random, as if she's either lost or searching for something. She spots you and ducks around a corner avoiding you for the time being.

Rizban
2012-10-26, 03:14 PM
He shakes his head as if to clear it, then mutters to himself.

"I think I'm starting to hallucinate..."

RandomAction
2012-10-26, 09:38 PM
Meanwhle outside the maze, the half-drow begins to celebrate his victory.

vegetalss4
2012-10-27, 04:33 PM
Seeing that someone else had exited the maze and was currently in the middle of hesitating Xiatan decides, after a bit of internal debate, to approach the half-drow.

"umm, did you get a token too?" she says instantly cursing herself silently Stupid! of course he did otherwise he wouldn't be celebrating would he?
"I mean, congratulations on getting one... My name is Xia*mumblemumble*"

RandomAction
2012-10-27, 07:37 PM
Turning to the newcomer, Paradox bows politely before speaking.

Thanks. It is safe to assume that you found one as well. This whole event makes me wonder what kind of team we will be a part of, don't you?

Rizban
2012-10-27, 09:56 PM
You notice a halfling running around the maze seemingly at random, as if she's either lost or searching for something. She spots you and ducks around a corner avoiding you for the time being.

With nothing better to do...

"After that hallucination!"

Morithias
2012-10-27, 10:08 PM
With nothing better to do...

"After that hallucination!"

The halfling eventually stops and puts her hand against the right wall and starts following the wall trying to cover the entire maze, she doesn't seem to notice you, or think you should be leaving the maze with the token and hence won't attack her.

Rizban
2012-10-29, 12:11 AM
He follows... quietly.

[roll0]
[roll1]

vegetalss4
2012-10-29, 04:54 PM
Turning to the newcomer, Paradox bows politely before speaking.

Thanks. It is safe to assume that you found one as well. This whole event makes me wonder what kind of team we will be a part of, don't you?

Yes that will be interesting. I hope we'll work well together.

Morithias
2012-10-29, 10:26 PM
He follows... quietly.

[roll0]
[roll1]

She takes you through the whole maze almost, eventually coming across a chest in an area no one had gone yet. She doesn't seem to spot or hear you as she gets to work on the chest.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 01:42 AM
He uses his racial silence ability. After doing so, he starts to try to say something to Woof. A few seconds later, he stomps his foot and points while apparently shouting. Smacking himself on the forehead (which also produces no sound), he creeps up behind the rogue, readying an attack to hit her should she spot him or get the chest open.

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-30, 01:57 AM
Lisbet's eyes light up as she gets an idea as to how to convince her uncle to leave without a second token. "Hey, Uncle!" she says in quiet exclamation. Then she realises he's already gone and curses, before sneaking up to follow, one dagger ready in case of combat.

Stealth: [roll0]

Sorry I haven't been posting recently. Between uni exams and not knowing how to respond to Rizban's craziness without denying him the token, I kept putting it off and off again.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 10:21 AM
It's just the 2 gnomes and the halfling inside of the maze. The halfling eventually forces the chest open and attempts to take the token.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 11:44 AM
Razade strikes!Knowledge Devotion: [roll0]

([roll1] + 1)[17] vs Flat-Footed
([roll2] + 1)[5]

[roll3]
(Damage roll in next post)

18 Total Damage

Rizban
2012-10-30, 11:46 AM
Forgot to roll Iajutsu Focus damage.
[roll0]

Morithias
2012-10-30, 11:52 AM
"Hey you Che-" she's cut off by your attack and vanishes. It's pretty obvious what she was going to say.

"And that is the last person to go down, congratulations to those who left with the tokens and those still in the maze, you're officially offered the chance to form a new team to take the X-crawl world by storm! Please exit the maze and wait for me by the exits" Joane happily mentions.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 11:56 AM
Razade doesn't hear the words the halfling says nor the message, assuming his silence ability is still active.

Opening the chest, he takes whatever is inside.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 12:15 PM
Razade doesn't hear the words the halfling says nor the message, assuming his silence ability is still active.

Opening the chest, he takes whatever is inside.

I suppose that is true.

You find another token in the chest.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 12:39 PM
He again tries to call to Woof.

"... .. .... ....ther one for you, Woof!

Oh, hey, the sound's back. I wonder where it went. Must've needed a potty break. I know I sure do..."

Razade happily reunites with Woof.

"Oh, sh... WHERE'S LISBET?! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING HER! DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME TELL YOU TO WATCH HER?!"

"Yipp yipp!"

"Don't talk back to me! Wha~? Oh, you couldn't hear me because Sound took a break. Well, I guess we'd better just go find her."

Razade retraces his steps until he finds Lisbet. As soon as he does, he holds up both tokens.

"Lookit! I got Woof and me matching decoder rings! We're in the same detective club!"

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-30, 01:01 PM
Lisbet hears his conversation with Woof with tired amusement, her last hope being that they won't let him join the team due to his... mental curiosities. When he turns around and walks directly into her, as she was standing directly behind him, she is quick to snatch a token from his grasp.

"Now, Uncle, you know that those rings allow for a detective and guest, so I'll be taking one of these since you and Woof will probably go together more than I will go with you." She hopes that by taking part in his delusions she might make her do what she wants.

Without waiting for a response, she turns and traces her steps back to the exit, heart beating loudly as she realises that with this token she's made it into X-Crawl. Little does she know of the composition of her team... until she spots a few members standing outside the exit, clasping their tokens.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the man who helped us in the beginning," she says, looking at Paradox. "My name is Lisbet, and I'll be your trapsmith, stealth expert and I have a few other tricks up my sleeve."

She winks, grinning broadly and forgetting for a moment that her uncle will quickly be joining them.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 01:14 PM
Razade steps out of the maze.

"Ah ha! So you all earned your decoder rings too! Alright then, I hereby call to order the first meeting of The Young Detectives Squad."

vegetalss4
2012-10-30, 02:12 PM
Xiatan stares blankly at the gnome unsure that he really said what her ears claimed he had said.
Instead she chooses to focus on the other saner gnome.
Nice to meet you Lisbet, I'm is Xiatan her tail swishing somewhat nervously around as she tries her best to make a good first impression.

Rizban
2012-10-30, 02:18 PM
Unperturbed, Razade continues.

"First order of business! We need matching hats. If anyone has a newspaper, I can fashion us some rather dapper detective hats.

Ah! Wait! More important than that, does anyone have a magnifying glass? We can't find clues without one! Regulations, you know."

Cloudsmeet
2012-10-30, 02:25 PM
"Aaand this would be my uncle, Razade. While he technically holds a token, he joined the... *ahem* Young Detectives Squad and not this X-Crawl team, and therefore will only be present for meetings of the aforementioned Young Detectives Squad, if you know what I mean."

She crosses her fingers, and hopes that Joanne is sympathetic to her plight. And also that her uncle would be quiet, but a long period of her relationship taught her to never wish for the impossible.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 02:27 PM
Joane walks over. "Nice job guys. Looks like you guys are getting along already. Go get healed and cleaned up with Hannah. We're going to have to talk to the press soon."

Rizban
2012-10-30, 03:18 PM
"Talk to the press? But we haven't even solved our first case yet!"

Morithias
2012-10-30, 03:31 PM
"Talk to the press? But we haven't even solved our first case yet!"

Joane looks at you puzzled. "Excuse me sir, but do you even know what you signed up for?"

Rizban
2012-10-30, 05:37 PM
"Well, yes, of course. I won a free pig, defeated the bloody evil cannibalistic bacon eaters, dispersed several vile illusions by stabbing them into oblivion, and won this decoder ring, becoming a founding member of The Young Detectives Squad, a wondrous group of skilled individuals who plan to defeat anyone who comes against us in the coming trials.

And this," he points to the tiny dachshund panting at his feet, "is my vicious guard dog, Woof.

And THAT is my precious and wonderful niece who is so skilled and beautiful and kind-hearted and deadly, Lisbet!"

He grins proudly and waves to Lisbet.

Morithias
2012-10-30, 06:02 PM
"Well, yes, of course. I won a free pig, defeated the bloody evil cannibalistic bacon eaters, dispersed several vile illusions by stabbing them into oblivion, and won this decoder ring, becoming a founding member of The Young Detectives Squad, a wondrous group of skilled individuals who plan to defeat anyone who comes against us in the coming trials.

And this," he points to the tiny dachshund panting at his feet, "is my vicious guard dog, Woof.

And THAT is my precious and wonderful niece who is so skilled and beautiful and kind-hearted and deadly, Lisbet!"

He grins proudly and waves to Lisbet.

Joane picks up her cell phone. "Get me my lawyer NOW. I'm not sure how legal it is for me to have this guy on my team if he has no clue what he's in for, also get me a pig quick less this guy start complaining about not getting his prize."

She turns to the rest of you. "I assume the rest of you are more...um....in tune with what you signed up for?"

Erik Vale
2012-10-30, 06:53 PM
Malk shakes his head.
"Yes, I do know what I'm going for, unlike the guy for a white padded room. I am also uninjured, not even a scratch. It'll be fun talking to the press again. Very different reasons now, never thought I'd go in the news for something physical."

Morithias
2012-10-30, 07:09 PM
Malk shakes his head.
"Yes, I do know what I'm going for, unlike the guy for a white padded room. I am also uninjured, not even a scratch. It'll be fun talking to the press again. Very different reasons now, never thought I'd go in the news for something physical."

Joane gives you a towel. "Clean yourself up at least." She smiles at you. "You were all impressive, and I look forward to working with you, as does the Armageddon team."

Erik Vale
2012-10-30, 07:38 PM
It takes a bit of effort trying to keep a mental squee down, and Joane might catch some of his thoughts. He didn't exactly practice, though he should, with mental communications.
'This'll make for one hell of a gap year. I didn't think it was Chistmas just yet.'

Malk looks down, nolonger accidentally projecting thoughts, noticing all the little accidental stains of exhertion.
"I suppose your right. And I look forward to working with you, and the team."

Walking away, thoughts again beggin bubbling up for any who pass near him.
'She really is doing another team, working with the Admegedon team, JHC and many others we're gonna be famous, we're gonna kick ass. What's that quater doing there?'

Morithias
2012-10-31, 12:24 AM
Eventually the press pokes their heads in and start asking questions.

"Malk what did you think about the fairness of the trials?"

"What do you all think about working with the infamous "Nobody Loss" coach, who never had to replace a player?"

"Why do you think she picked this city to gather her team from?"

The press crowds and asks questions and Joane closes her cell phone after talking to her lawyer for around 5 minutes ignoring the press. "Welcome to the big leagues..." she mutters with a sleight laugh under her breath as she watches the chaos, occasionally answering her own questions.

Rizban
2012-10-31, 02:46 AM
Razade grins and waves for the cameras, constantly doting on Lisbet (hopefully to her extreme embarrassment). When asked questions, he always answers with something completely unrelated. In other words, par for the course.

vegetalss4
2012-10-31, 12:38 PM
Xiatan moves through the crowd, standing between and behind Joanne and the crazy gnome, in the hope that the reporters would focus their attention on them.
Off course she still had to answer some questions anyway
"My grandfather taught me."

Excited obviously.

Thank you, it is an heirloom.

That's a rather personal question don't you think.
That meant no comment.
For the third time I am not going to answer that.

Erik Vale
2012-10-31, 05:10 PM
Eventually the press pokes their heads in and start asking questions.

"Malk what did you think about the fairness of the trials?"

"What do you all think about working with the infamous "Nobody Loss" coach, who never had to replace a player?"

"Why do you think she picked this city to gather her team from?"

The press crowds and asks questions and Joane closes her cell phone after talking to her lawyer for around 5 minutes ignoring the press. "Welcome to the big leagues..." she mutters with a sleight laugh under her breath as she watches the chaos, occasionally answering her own questions.

And Malk is all smiles as he awnsers.
The trials where exhilerating, and the best part was there where a few ways to complete them. I was the only one I know to do it my way, and I got through."

The second question was one He expected.
"An honor, really. I'm not entirely sure what she want, but I have a clue, one you all can probably think of."

The third one he awnsers slightly differently to how it was asked.
"You mean, why is she recruiting, or why is she selecting us don't you. My guess is, she wants to quash the 'it was all her team' crap, she wants to make sure you all know that its cause of how she pushes people they get that good. Myself, I'm what you would call a country bumpkin, just a little brighter than most with higher aims in mind. Trying out for the big leagues was never my plan, but if she can get me to go pro, just from amatuer practice, then Joane will have well and truely proven she is the best at what she does."

The way Malk speaks, it's clear he has done this sort of thing before.

RandomAction
2012-10-31, 08:07 PM
Never feeling comfortable in front of any camera or in the eye of the public, Paradox sighs as the reporter turns to him and he answers the first question.

The test seemed to weed out the weak or the inept.
He raises his fist, clenching the knuckles tightly.
Though having a few tricks up ones sleeves dies com in handy.

To the second.
That leaves me to believe that she knows what she is doing and has the team's wellness in mind at all times.

And the last.
I think she likes a challenge. Us being, what you would consider, underdogs compared to the people from other areas. Who may, or may not, have had better training, but lack the drive to become the best.

Inwardly, Paradox hopes that he hasn't stepped on any toes with his comments and as he stands there he attempts to make himself look dangerous.

Intimidate:[roll0]

Sorry for the delay, but my area got hit with a snow storm and I've been without power for the last few days.

Morithias
2012-10-31, 08:13 PM
The press eventually leaves after getting their interviews. Joane walks up. "Welcome to the big league guys. Come to the office in the back of the arena, and we'll sign your contract. AH! There he is! Wilford!" She waves to Wilford, who you assume is her lawyer.

"Meet Wilford. He's our lawyer, and will be handling all contracts and sponsorship deals you guys get. That's where most of your income from X-crawl comes from."

Wilford extends his hand. "Nice to meet you all. Got a bunch of questions for you guys. Got to make sure you know what you're in for, since this is a fairly fatal sport. Of course if you're lucky you might pull off what Armageddon did. Of course we have to register your team as well and get you trained up before your first crawl."

RandomAction
2012-10-31, 08:26 PM
The half drow groans loudly. He shakes Wilford's hand and is surprised to find the grip firm.

Training? What kind of training,eh? As for our team, what are we being called?

He follows behind the lawyer as he leads them to the office.

Morithias
2012-10-31, 08:30 PM
The half drow groans loudly. He shakes Wilford's hand and is surprised to find the grip firm.

Training? What kind of training,eh? As for our team, what are we being called?

He follows behind the lawyer as he leads them to the office.

"X-crawl is a teamwork sport." Joane explains, "We need to get you gets in sync as a team. You can't just take 5 random people and throw them in a crawl and hope for good results. As for the name....that's what we're here to debate and find out. What kind of name do you think?" She says looking at you.

"I say we just called it Apocolypse and be done with it." Wilford sarcastically comments.

"Not very creative in my opinion." Joane snark back. There is a large amount of sexual tension between the two. They either have a love-hate relationship, or had something in the past from what you can tell.

RandomAction
2012-10-31, 08:42 PM
I understand now. Why not Judgement then? Well maybe the name doesn't matter until we all get a feel for each's skills and abilities.

Here he pauses, seemingly to loose himself in thought.

Seeing how everyone has some level of stealth ability I was thinking of The Phantoms, but with my pitiful intimidate rolls here lately anything dangerous sounding would be out. LOL!
But I am for whatever the team/DM decides though.

Morithias
2012-10-31, 08:46 PM
I understand now. Why not Judgement then? Well maybe the name doesn't matter until we all get a feel for each's skills and abilities.

"So true. Maybe we can put that off until you've all signed your contracts."

She places a VERY simple contract in front of you. A quick read through basically covers all the standard stuff. You get this amount of sponsorship, you understand what you're in for. The rules of X-crawl are understood as per the rules of the Adventurer's guild. You can leave the team at anytime. It's very simple to read, and easy enough to understand.

"Any questions" Wilford says. "I can help understand anything you don't get."

Erik Vale
2012-10-31, 09:00 PM
"You two are cute. Well, three, but you two slightly more." Malk says suddenly, thinking as he walks.
"How 'bout Evidence, cause I see us becoming the evidence you know how to do your job. However we all seemed to do it with a fair amount of stealth, could go Joane's Ghosts similer jokes arrive."
How he looks deadly serious is beyond belief.

"I do say though, it will be fun reading the contracts you have made up."

Grabbing a contract, he sits down to read it.

I'll put up relevent stuff later, but is there anything that Malk to use to get the most out of this, or Joanne to screw over Malk.

Morithias
2012-10-31, 09:08 PM
I'll put up relevent stuff later, but is there anything that Malk to use to get the most out of this, or Joanne to screw over Malk.

The contact is firm but simple. There is virtually nothing here for her to screw you over with. About the only thing she gets out of it is 10% of the sponsorship money.

RandomAction
2012-10-31, 09:14 PM
Taking his contract, Paradox looks over it carefully but quickly and askes.

No signature in blood then?

Smiling at his poor attempt at humor, he signs his name.

You mentioned sponsorship. What does that entoll? Do we start with any?

Erik Vale
2012-10-31, 09:19 PM
Leafing through it, Malk soon puts it down.

"Looks good on both sides. I take it your looking for a signiture now or son? Schools over and I'm 18 now and I was already planning on a gap year... I would like to have a time to think about it though. Perhaps talk with my parent."
Just a second after words, some words slip from Malk's mind, intruding on the others minds.
'Among others... This may well take a long time... I'f I'm successful, if, I'm looking at much more... And I can always pursue law latter.

Taking a look at my sheet, I have Knowledge law 3, but nothing else that would help. I do take it however that nothing is intended to be there to screw him over.

Morithias
2012-10-31, 09:20 PM
Taking his contract, Paradox looks over it carefully but quickly and askes.

No signature in blood then?

Smiling at his poor attempt at humor, he signs his name.

You mentioned sponsorship. What does that entoll? Do we start with any?

"You win X-crawl, you get fame. Studios come in for you to sponsor their products or star in movies, then you get money for doing that. Don't think sponsors can affect X-crawl though. The adventurer's guild is very strict, the only money you get to use in X-crawl, is the money you get DURING X-crawl. So all sponsorship money goes right into your bank accounts."

Erik Vale
2012-10-31, 09:33 PM
'Sounds better and- Opps. Sorry."

And as suddenly as it begun, Malk stops projecting, still waiting for an awnser as to how long she would wait. He wasn't expecting long, but there was still a few people he wanted to talk to first.
"Actually, it won't take long to talk to those I wan't to. I hope... would I be able to talk to some people on the phone outside."

Meanwhile, he grabs a contract again, and looks as to the termination clause he found before, and looking for other ways out. Perhaps just a temporary signing that would probably be permanent.

RandomAction
2012-10-31, 09:36 PM
Hearing the explanation, Paradox nods in understanding.

Is it safe to assume that you have access to teachers and suppliers of tools and techniques that follow the shadowhand discipline of martial arts? I know my vows to the monks' keep me from using any weapons other than my own hands.

Here he pauses to listen for an answer and for the rest of the group to sign/ask questions, before continuing.

So when do we begin training.

Morithias
2012-10-31, 09:41 PM
'Sounds better and- Opps. Sorry."

And as suddenly as it begun, Malk stops projecting, still waiting for an awnser as to how long she would wait. He wasn't expecting long, but there was still a few people he wanted to talk to first.
"Actually, it won't take long to talk to those I wan't to. I hope... would I be able to talk to some people on the phone outside."

Meanwhile, he grabs a contract again, and looks as to the termination clause he found before, and looking for other ways out. Perhaps just a temporary signing that would probably be permanent.

There are four ways to be terminated.

1. Player Quits
2. Joane fires you.
3. Adventurer's guild bans you
4. You die.

On any termination, the contract may be renegotiated if you qualify for the team again.

"Go and make your calls. We have time to kill. I'm sure you guys want to talk to each other and get to know each other." She leans in and whispers to her lawyer. "Keep your eyes on the male gnome, I think he might not be legally sane."

Erik Vale
2012-10-31, 09:47 PM
"Don't worry, I won't tease him. Besides, worst comes to worst it means the contract isn't legally binding and you get screwed in the press, and perhaps court with some sort of endagerment, but if the Adventuring guild is still supporting him..."

Malk shrugs, getting up he bows his head.
"I won't be too long. I hope."

Walking out of the room, Malk grabs his headset, however anyone who decides to pay attention would find out that he actually isn't talking. Instead, he gets to have a chat to his own personal demon. Well, Devil, in this case.

Should no one confront him, he'll eventually actually use his phone, this time calling his mother.

Rizban
2012-10-31, 10:00 PM
Razade squints as he reads the contract.

"Whoa whoa whoa! I am NOT signing this! It's lacking the doughnut clause and the clause enforcing two weeks banishment to the Needle Mines™ should any party voluntarily break the contract. This is absolutely untenable.

Besides, I thought we had all agreed to being The Young Detectives Squad. What's all this talk about ending the world? Is it a case we should investigate?"

Morithias
2012-10-31, 11:03 PM

"Whoa whoa whoa! I am NOT signing this! It's lacking the doughnut clause and the clause enforcing two weeks banishment to the Needle Mines™ should any party voluntarily break the contract. This is absolutely untenable.

Besides, I thought we had all agreed to being The Young Detectives Squad. What's all this talk about ending the world? Is it a case we should investigate?"

Wilford turns to you. "Sir do you know what you signed up for when you came to this recruitment? You know, X-crawl? The deadliest and most exciting televised sport in existence?" He flips through his smart phone. "If you're not okay with the contract leave." He mutters something under his breathe.

"Last thing we need is him being killed and his family sueing us."

RandomAction
2012-10-31, 11:22 PM

Paradox places his arm on Razade's shoulder and says,

Nevermind the mines, I heard that the winning team gets a Porcupine-on-a-Stick™.

Rizban
2012-11-01, 12:29 AM
"Yeah, yeah, I get it. Fight people, kill stuff, don't die. It's just another day at the office. Hence the need for a Doughnut Clause. We need to know who is bringing the doughnuts and coffee! It's vital!

Legally though, how can you have a contract without mentioning Needle Mines? Makes me mighty suspicious..."

Morithias
2012-11-01, 12:44 AM
"Yeah, yeah, I get it. Fight people, kill stuff, don't die. It's just another day at the office. Hence the need for a Doughnut Clause. We need to know who is bringing the doughnuts and coffee! It's vital!

Legally though, how can you have a contract without mentioning Needle Mines? Makes me mighty suspicious..."

Wilfords look at you before he breaks his serious stance. "Okay, what the hell kind of trick are you pulling?" He demands in a firm voice. "This contract is probably the most simple contract you'll ever see in terms of X-crawl. You want to see what the other coach's use as standard?" He reaches into his binder and whips out a 7 page contract with micro-print, that is clearly more complex and full of legal jargon.

"Seriously this contract is simple, We give you coaching, training, board, among other services, and in return we get 10% of all sponsorship deals. Were you dropped on your head as a child? What the hell is a "needle mine"? I am seriously considering not letting you on the team. If you're this insane or stupid, we cannot legally let you put your life on the line! How the hell did Hannah not catch this batch of mental retardation?!"

He's clearly losing his cool and is getting REALLY mad, at the fact you're seeming to not take this seriously.

RandomAction
2012-11-01, 01:33 AM
Wow, your worried if he is insane when he mentioned a needle mine and my porcupine-on-a-stick flies right by you?

Paradox leans closer and whispers.

Are you on medication for something?

Morithias
2012-11-01, 01:43 AM
Wow, your worried if he is insane when he mentioned a needle mine and my porcupine-on-a-stick flies right by you?

Paradox leans closer and whispers.

Are you on medication for something?

You said it to the Gnome, he assumed you were just humouring him. You weren't joking about the contract in terms that made it seem that he wasn't mentally sound enough to understand it, which would put letting him enter into dangerous area. If he got killed or heavily injured, it could lead to a very very very bad lawsuit against Joane.

RandomAction
2012-11-01, 02:01 AM
I know, just trying to mess with the lawyer NPC. :smallwink:

This way he thinks that two of his employees are slightly off.

Morithias
2012-11-01, 02:18 AM
I know, just trying to mess with the lawyer NPC. :smallwink:

This way he thinks that two of his employees are slightly off.

Please refer to the OOC thread I will post something there shortly.

vegetalss4
2012-11-01, 02:57 AM
Xiatan carefully reads the contract over.
Then she reads the contract over again checking the margins, any decorations seals or watermarks for hidden clauses - a habit her infernal blood always insisted on even if she had never actually found one and their legality would have been questionable at best anyway.
If this contract isn't the exception on hidden clauses she signs it and give it back to the Lawyer silently, as to hopefully stay free of the madness that is the insanity debate.

Rizban
2012-11-01, 03:22 AM
Wilfords look at you before he breaks his serious stance. "Okay, what the hell kind of trick are you pulling?" He demands in a firm voice. "This contract is probably the most simple contract you'll ever see in terms of X-crawl. You want to see what the other coach's use as standard?" He reaches into his binder and whips out a 7 page contract with micro-print, that is clearly more complex and full of legal jargon.

"Seriously this contract is simple, We give you coaching, training, board, among other services, and in return we get 10% of all sponsorship deals. Were you dropped on your head as a child? What the hell is a "needle mine"? I am seriously considering not letting you on the team. If you're this insane or stupid, we cannot legally let you put your life on the line! How the hell did Hannah not catch this batch of mental retardation?!"

He's clearly losing his cool and is getting REALLY mad, at the fact you're seeming to not take this seriously.

"Now look here, shorty. You can say what you want about me. You can say what you want about that guy. You can even say what you want about the Pope. Don't you DARE talk about mommy that way, or I will have to call you out to fisticuffs.

Now, if you're done being soft in the head, I want it in writing that doughnuts and coffee will be provided at every business meeting that takes place before standard work hours.

As to the other thing, if you want to be in violation of standard legal practices concerning the Needle Mines, then that's your business. I'll sign without that. Frankly, I'd prefer to not have it in there. I just thought it was the law, you see?

Also, did you get that memo? Yeah... See, we're putting that new cover sheet on the TPS reports. So, in the future, if you could just go ahead and do that. That'd be great."

Cloudsmeet
2012-11-01, 11:19 AM
Lisbet whimpers quietly at the exchange between her uncle and the lawyer. First the press and her uncle's responses, then this... show of apparent understanding which will allow her uncle to sign her life away. She wonders what her parents will think, but can't muster the effort to do anything about it.

Morithias
2012-11-01, 11:38 AM
The lawyer sit down and Joane tries to keep herself from laughing.

"Oh calm down Wilford." She says. "Apparently he's just ignorant of the law, which puts the blame on him. Besides the crowds will love him. So long as he keeps his head in check and doesn't start insulting the judges he should be okay. He's a good enough fighter after all."

Wilford straightens his tie. "I just want what's best for your organization." he says with a look at her, the red fading from his face.

Joane turns to him. "I understand that, but you don't need to be insulting the X-crawlers. Besides you had similar problems with Hannah, didn't you tell her that you'ld take a cleric over a healer anyday and couldn't see why I put her on the team?"

Wilford mutters under his breath, and stays quiet for the next few minutes.

RandomAction
2012-11-01, 03:59 PM
Looking at the seven page contract, the half-drow blanches slightly at the thought of having to read through that mass of legal jargin. He places his hands on Razades shoulders and says.

I am sure that he wasn't insulting you. He just wants to make sure that you understand what you are getting into.

He glances over at the gnomes' neice and nods slightly, while thinking to himself.

I hope he knows what he is getting in too. For that matter, am I?

Erik Vale
2012-11-01, 04:46 PM
Malk comes back in, grabbing one of the (small) contracts and signing it.

"Anyone still need to sign."
Apparently he hasn't heard the middle of the conversation.

RandomAction
2012-11-04, 11:09 PM
Paradox listens as th eroom goes quiet and as he clears his throat, he speaks up loudly.

Since this part is finished, what are we to do now?

Morithias
2012-11-04, 11:30 PM
Joane speaks up. "I guess we'll go get your stuff and pack it in the truck. You'll be staying at the starlight shores training camp I have setup for a while, to get to know each other and learn to work as a team."

She stands up. "Wilford please file their contracts and leave training the team to me, thank you."

Wilford nods and begins picking up the contracts and filing them in order after double checking them.

RandomAction
2012-11-05, 12:07 AM
The half-drow spreads his hand out and says,

What I'm wearing is basicaly all I have, so I am ready to go anytime. What about you guys....er and gal?

Cloudsmeet
2012-11-05, 12:58 AM
Don't think I particularly want to explain Uncle's presence to the rest of the family... Lisbet thinks.

Me and my Uncle are ready to go whenever, aren't we Uncle, she states more than asks.

vegetalss4
2012-11-05, 05:02 AM
I have some clean clothes and personal hygiene implements I would like to pick up. Xiatan says while fiddling with her tail I would also like to tell my family the good news myself if possible.

Erik Vale
2012-11-05, 04:57 PM
"I shouldn't be to long packing, but I actually have some stuff."

Morithias
2012-11-07, 01:54 AM
"Let's go then." Joane says as you leave the arena to systematically go to pick up what you need. "Don't bother bringing any furniture or anything like that, laptops and cellphones are okay, but the training camp has couchs and beds." She explains as you all go get your stuff.

vegetalss4
2012-11-07, 08:41 AM
Xiatan couldn't help but to give a slight giggle at Joane's joke, before she got her things, told her family the great news and prepared to go wherever the coach wanted them to go for the training.

Erik Vale
2012-11-07, 06:54 PM
Erik's visit home is heartfelt, with a few hugs and promises, as happens. Fortunately, given the advents of the Internet, Bags of Holding, Portable Holes and Books of Access, he doesn't really take much in the way of space, and dispite taking some furniture (small peices), they take up no room really. The only furniture of note he takes however is a medium sized and highly embellished cheast (looking like it should belong to a rich man), marked with the sign of the adventuring guild on its side. From it, two tattoes crawl onto him, replacing those he had used, and he notes their use on a small computer inside the box.

((I'll update the GP latter, but basically I refreshed my equipment))

Rizban
2012-11-07, 11:26 PM
Razade eventually signs the contract, though his signature looks nothing like his name... In fact, it looks nothing like a name at all. Razade's Signature.
http://img.printfection.com/14/133725/J8AhG.jpg

"Get stuff? I keep all my stuff in the backseat of my car. It's easier to evade the police, IRS, Illuminati, and City Dog Catcher that way."

Morithias
2012-11-07, 11:45 PM
Everything is packed up eventually, and you all get into the transportation and go down the highway to starlight shores. You arrive at a training camp just outside the city, and get out.

"Welcome to the camp. Here you'll be trained in the fine art of teamwork and audience participation." Joane welcomes you. "But for tonight, just relax and get to know each other. Get settled in, and prepare yourselves, cause after this, the gloves come off and it's your lives on the line. Good luck everyone."

She smiles and sighs and unlocks the door to the building and walks inside.

Rizban
2012-11-07, 11:53 PM
After settling in, Razade mysteriously produces an acoustic guitar. He sits on a couch with the guitar in his lap but doesn't play it. He seems to stare off into space dreamily.

RandomAction
2012-11-08, 01:55 AM
After the long ride, Paradox walks over to one of the beds and falls onto it, face first. He attempts to sleep, while listening to the old gnome play.

Cloudsmeet
2012-11-08, 07:29 AM
Lisbet flops onto her bed, presumably in the ladies dorms. She begins sharpening her knives, excited by the prospect of training tomorrow and momentarily forgetting that she's probably going to be babysitting her uncle for the rest of her career.

Erik Vale
2012-11-08, 05:04 PM
Not wanting to sleep just yet, Malk sits in bed, and starts playing with eldritch energy, creating a swirling orb going into various patterns about the size of a small ball, in colours of dark reds, purples and brilliant white.

Noticing Lisbet doing nothing, he attempts to strike up a conversation, as he currently needs his mouth, he tries it telepathically.

'Looking forward to your first day?'

vegetalss4
2012-11-08, 06:55 PM
Once she have put away her stuff at the training camp, choosing the bed next to Lisbet's, Xiatan takes off her mask and sits down near the others, hoping to socialize a bit, through lacking the courage to take the first step in a conversation.

Rizban
2012-11-09, 02:15 AM
Razade begins to muse aloud.

"Have you ever stopped to consider the smell of the color nine?"

RandomAction
2012-11-09, 08:19 PM
Being a light sleeper, Paradox lifts the brim of his fedora letting light glint off his metallic eyes. When he hears the voice inside his head, he begins speaking in a southern drawl.

So. What we have here is a failure to communicate.

:smallwink:

So, for yous da dinna see ma in da maze. I like ta use ma fists an a few tricks dat I learned from ma sensei. Se wes a team now ani tink dat wes need ta know wat each utter canna do.

I am changing the way Paradox talks to add some more flavor to the character and maybe pull in some extra fans for the team.

Morithias
2012-11-09, 08:20 PM
So, for yous da dinna see ma in da maze. I like ta use ma fists an a few tricks dat I learned from ma sensei. Se wes a team now ani tink dat wes need ta know wat each utter canna do.

Problem: I can't understand a word of that outside of a few select words.

RandomAction
2012-11-10, 06:10 AM
Problem: I can't understand a word of that outside of a few select words.

Translation for prior post:

"For you that didn't see me in the maze. I like to use my fists and a few tricks that I learned from my sensei. Since we are a team now and I think that we need to know what each other can do."

From now on I will add a translated spoiler to help everyone understand what he is saying. Should have thought about that earlier.

Erik Vale
2012-11-11, 07:15 PM
Malk smiles.

"A good idea. I'm a speaker more than anything else. I can minimise bad wounds and enchant people though, make them come to me like I was a succubus. Other than that, I'm just a good shot with a potent eldritch blast, little more than a strong warlock."

He says this matter of factly. Some people are born with the touch, for him that's all it is.

Rizban
2012-11-12, 06:49 AM
Razade nods sagely at them as they speak about their abilities.

"I recently reached seventh level. I'm a Dragonfire Adept five, Mindbender one, Fiend of Possession one. I just really wish I could find a good partner though, because the city is awfully dangerous. Thankfully, the dice gods have been kind, so I've made it out of some pretty tough scrapes. It makes me wish I could use my lucky dice online though, you know?"

RandomAction
2012-11-12, 11:07 PM
Paradox listens to the gnome talk about his 'leveling'. He is so shocked that he stares at him, while small tendrels of smoke glide gracefully from his ears.

I think he just fried my mind.

Cloudsmeet
2012-11-12, 11:16 PM
Lisbet leans her head in, unmindful of the men's privacy in order to join their conversation. "Oh, my uncle - yeah, Razade's my uncle, I apologise for him by the way - uh, he plays this stupid game online on a forum or something, like he's pretending to be back in the middle ages or something. It's pretty lame, but that's probably what he thinks he's doing right now, except in real life or something."

She shrugs, committed to pretending like she no longer cares.

"In any case, I'm handy with my daggers and I've got a few tricks up my sleeve. And Uncle, well... he's good at deluding himself. Before his... condition he taught me all I know about fighting, mechanics and stealth."

Hope that's what you meant Rizban :smallbiggrin:

Rizban
2012-11-13, 08:34 PM
Yep. Precisely. :smallbiggrin:"Oh, Lisbet, give LARP a chance."

Morithias
2012-11-13, 08:44 PM
Anyone mind if I do a cut here? Since posting is slow, I'm hoping to put a bit of life into this game.

~If cut is done~

You spend the next month or so, training with Joane and Armageddon.

You are now level 4, you also are now an official team and can use "Mojo" in x-crawl events.

RandomAction
2012-11-14, 04:43 PM
For the last month the instructors constantly tossed and slammed him to the ground to help build his endurance. Much of his time was spent either training or learning the skills needed to perform to his best. He spent longer trying to hone his people skills, but his coach finally agree that he was passable at best. A small bribe seemed to help make himself seem more intimidating to the man and gave him his final points needed to pass.
Today, he begins his now normal regiment, by showering and the running a of few laps to help loosen himself up. Another light rinse and he finishes with a small breakfast. A small part of him is excited that the team is ready to begin thier careers.

Ready when you are.

Rizban
2012-11-14, 08:04 PM
Razade spends his time primarily playing with Woof, unintentionally tormenting Lisbet, and generally trying to avoid as much real work as possible. Over the course of "training," it becomes clear that he truly is out of his mind, but that very mental unbalance is the source of his strength. Well, that and an inordinate amount of luck.